Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP Re-Recruitment

Game Master Qstor

3.5e game using Kalamar setting

Maps and handouts


1 to 50 of 783 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

Prologue

On a moonlit night, star-crossed young lovers held each other close
in the privacy of the manor stables. True, someone could stumble
upon them at any time, but it was late and no one usually
bothered with the horses after sundown. They giggled a bit as
they led one another by the hands into an unused stall. "I don’t
know how long we can keep meeting like this," said Talla, the
young lady of the house. "Surely our luck will run out and
someone will see us come here one night. "
"Then let us make this night last forever," replied Jerand, her poor
but handsome suitor. With that he kissed her. It wasn’t the kind
of kiss that an old couple does to remind themselves that they
were once in love. It was the kiss of youth, of first love, of true
love. It was the kind of kiss in which pressing the lips together is
only the beginning. This kind of kiss stirs the whole body. It
starts as a spark that moves down through the arms causing
them to pull the other person tight. It shot through their legs
making them weak in the knees. It made their toes tingle and by
the time it had worked its way back up to their minds, they were
dizzy and felt the need for a breath of fresh air. Still they clung to
one another, neither wanting to be the first to pull back.
A noise startled them and broke their embrace. "Hoo. Hoo." the
night owl called. They heard a rush of air and the flutter of
wings and began to laugh at themselves. "‘Tis but an owl, my
love." Jerand proclaimed. "A sentinel of our love wardi..."
A gruff booming voice interrupted him. "Damn ye boy! Get your
hands off my daughter at once! " They gasped and reeled as the
door flew open and the fury of a man of middling years
encroached upon them. "And you girl. Get thee back to the
house!" the man shouted with authority.
"But father!" When she tried to speak he advanced upon her even
more threateningly. "I’ll have none of it. Get!"
With the man’s attention focused on Talla, young Jerand seized the
opportunity to bolt for the door. He gained a good jump and
before the man realized it, Jerand had begun his sprint across the
manor grounds. "Thank Delneb he didn’t loose the dogs this
time," Jerand thought to himself as he huffed in the cool night air.
"Oh father! Must you be so stubborn?" Talla blurted out before she
began to sob."
"No daughter of mine will wed a barrel maker. I’ll not have it.
Now get thee in the house," he boomed and led her away by the
arm while she cried and protested.
As each lover lay in their separate beds that night, they shared the
same thoughts. "Surely there must be some way."

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

background

This is some background your PCs would know. The game is set in the Kindgom of Eldor. It's a Monarchy ruled by Prince Sevlen. The captial city is Dalen. Major Languages Brandobian, Low Elven, Merchant's Tongue Elves and humans live side by side along with other humanoids. The Legal system is based on a lenient elven model.
Major Religions: The Temple of Enchantment,The Founder’s Creation,The Fraternal Order of Aptitude, The Face of the Free,The Temple of the
Patient Arrow,The Order of Agony, The Church of Endless Night,
The Temple of Sleepless Nights and The Assembly of the Four Corners.

You've made your way to the mostly human village of Hemden in the Kingdom of Eldor. Along the way you've picked up a few rumors about the town. 1. The Fireside Inn is a good place to stay 2. There's a local Skill Fair taking place in five days. 3. There's been a rash of grave robberies in town. It's early spring, the sun is shining but there's a slight chill in the air. It's about 50 degrees F.

map of Eldor and town


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

When I arrive in town I visit the Fireside Inn, and order the best wine they have, and suppress the urge to wince when I find the human wine less palatable than a good elven vintage.

I watch the room, scanning for any other interesting types.


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

Moving towards the Inn Thilla opens the door carefully and steps inside, leaving place for Thule, her canine companion. Knowing just to well that Thule is often mistrustfull of two legs, she nevertheless smiles and orders some mead for herself and water for Thule.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Tired from travelling, Duraz the cleric made his way to the Fireside Inn, not before purchasing some simple clothes. He would need a simple look to spread his god's word. As he strolled in, he barely looked at the people present and asked for a room. Yes, I will be staying through the Skill Fair, he assured the inn keeper.

Before heading to his room, he notices a watchful elf and a woman with an animal companion. He made a mental note to watch them out for trouble. Not long after coming in, he comes back out of the simple room he requested wearing simple clothes. He had left the armor and backpack in the room, so now he felt younger without the weight. His cotton turban did not match the clothes, as they were dirtier and better quality, one could see. Despite having no armor on, he still waltzed in the inn's common hall with a shortspear and a shield. This weight is worth carrying, the man thought.

He scanned the hall looking for men and women who worked with the strength of their backs and seemed unfavored by the more privileged, as he Duraz called nobles and rich merchants. Finding a small table of such locals, the cleric payed the table another round of the best, yet affordable, beer. He sat with them and listened to their stories, trying to keep their minds away from the fact that he was armed. Despite his more than average strength, Duraz knew he did not look particularly intimidating with his size, but a weapon is sure to intimidate anyone. He allowed the patrons to get used to his presence before leading them to his practiced pitch when they talked about the miseries of life.

In this world, the only thing we can count on is the strength of our backs and the sweat of our brows, he says calmly waiting for his drinking mates to acknowledge his words. I know the trials you have to go through, and have chosen to listen to the word of a god who values strength and the will to survive, he continues knowing they would be listening. I sit with you, because I believe you are the ones he values. His name is the Storm Lord, the cleric finishes letting his words sink in. He knew they were more than tipsy and probably would not be swayed with some words over a table, but the spreading of the god's word is a long and arduous task, and must start somehow. The cleric knew, however, that no enemies of his god were the main deities in this realm, so he had little chance of meeting hard resistance.

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

The Fireside Inn is located in the heart of the village on the southeast corner of the Edros pike and Harbor Street. It offers a lively, yet comfortable atmosphere for the weary traveler. Smells of pipe smoke and roast meat waft through the air.

As you enter Miranna and the others here shouts at an older man running behind the bar. "Thurgald more roast venison! And ale"

He drops mugs of ale at the table and quickly asks if you're wanting supper. He turns to Duraz "Ah...the skill fair! Gruthal is quiet a skilled rider in the Steeple Chase. I wouldn't place a wager against him"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 | HP 12 |AC 17 (Touch 11; FF 16) | F +4; R +1; W +1 | GRP +4 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | Spot +1 Paladin 1

A tall man with brown hair to his shoulders wearing armor with a bastard sword at this waist, walks over to the table and turns to Duraz "Ah friend..you seem from out of town. Welcome to the area. I am Lucius. A follower of the True." He smiles at the party and nods to Thilla. He turns back towards Duraz "I would hear more of how the Lord of Thunder would dealt with lawlessness and lies for surely the truth is the path towards justice!" He glances at Thurgald "Good inn keeper an ale please"


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

Mirianna speaks up at the talk of the skill fair, "What events are judged in this fair? I am a trained dancer, and I am certain I could acquit myself well."

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz accepts the food gladly to cast away the chill of the road. He smiles at the bet recommendation, but offers not reply yet thinks to himself whether he should place a wager against Gruthal as a silent joke, but dismisses this thought as childish.

As Lucius approaches him, he offers a curt bow and hears his discussion proposition. He takes his time to answer and says All creatures need to find how to best live their lives, just as the gods themselves have different teachings. You seem to have set your life towards dealing with lawlessness and lies according to your god's teachings. He considers whether starting a discussion with a local with a large sword is wise in any sense. He decides it is not.

I will have to disappoint you in saying that this is not how the Storm Lord helps his followers. Instead, I would say we work in a complementary way to yours, in the sense that we incentive the people to be strong for themselves, so that they can stand for themselves, he says calmly.

Although the sudden questioning bothered him, Duraz decided he needed to humor Lucius. He offers to share his dinner.

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

The Innkeeper turns to Mirianna "Combat and jousting mostly. Nair say I've heard of dancing...but it wouldn't hurt to ask"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 | HP 12 |AC 17 (Touch 11; FF 16) | F +4; R +1; W +1 | GRP +4 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | Spot +1 Paladin 1

Lucius raises his mug to the cleric and smiles "Aye good advice.." He extends his hand. "I would welcome allies to defend the people" The glances towards the party. "What news have you heard? I heard rumors of unrest in the cemetery. This disturbs me greatly"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz accepts the strong man's hand. He had heard about the cemetery and the disrespect with the dead bothered him. These rumors bother me, yet I have just gotten here and haven't had the time to learn more, he comments uncomfortably.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 | HP 12 |AC 17 (Touch 11; FF 16) | F +4; R +1; W +1 | GRP +4 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | Spot +1 Paladin 1
Duraz Carron wrote:
Duraz accepts the strong man's hand. He had heard about the cemetery and the disrespect with the dead bothered him. These rumors bother me, yet I have just gotten here and haven't had the time to learn more, he comments uncomfortably.

"Perhaps we can investigate?"


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

"Investigating couldn't hurt? I'll accompany you."

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

This sounds like an invitation, Duraz replies to Lucius hoping the local wouldn't notice the irony in his voice. He didn't feel inclined to go out again tonight, just after getting to town, so he said I suppose you want to go now?

Realizing how stupid he sounded, he got up after a large bite into his meal and lazily said without a clear effort to cover his full mouth Will you help me get into my armor? I feel like I'm practicing to be a contortionist every time I do it by myself.

After fully geared up, he waited for Lucius' and Mirianna's lead.


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

Looking at the others Thilla crawls her friends neck, feeling the lush hair of the wolf.
"I would also enjoy the trip. And my friend will love the chance to run!"

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

grave robberies

As you leave the confines of the village buildings to the
northwest, the ground rises to a low hill. The hillside
is spotted with numerous small tombstones though
most of them are flat and only become visible upon a
close approach. Besides the graves, there are two
distinct features of the graveyard. One is a small
masoleum and the other is a statue of a powerful
looking warhorse.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz sniffs the air and takes a moment before saying I figure it would be best to investigate first the graves that have been robbed already, and search for any clue about who is doing this. As though to lighten the atmosphere, he says Hopefully it's just someone who lost their mind and doesn't know what they're doing.

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

GM screen:
Duraz spot: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

lucius spot: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Marianna spot: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Thilla spot: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Taking a quick look at the area Lucius and Marianna notice some scratches on the outside of the mausoleum.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 | HP 12 |AC 17 (Touch 11; FF 16) | F +4; R +1; W +1 | GRP +4 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | Spot +1 Paladin 1

Lucius points toward the mausoleum."Anyone else see those scratches on the tomb there?"


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

"Yes, I see what you mean. Something with claws? What could it be, I wonder. . ."

Marianna looks around to their group, "Do we have anyone with us who knows the outdoors and animals? Someone who might be able to tell what kind of beast could make them?"

She moves in closer and points out the scratches to the others.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

One can see that Duraz has no idea what they're talking about as he lies Of course I see it. He adds a comment: Maybe the one with the wolf can know things of the beasts.


female Human
Spoiler:
AC 13/T11/FF12 HP 11/11 F+2 R+1 W+6 Init +1 Perception +8 CMD 13
Shaman

Leaning closer Thilla inspects the marks.
Knownat: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Looking at Duraz, she adds."My name is Thilla, Thilla Dvornsdottir!"

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

Thilla things the marks are scratches from metal tools. The party also notices that the death date on the tomb is 15 years ago but the stones that have sealed it appear to be new.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz, not knowing any proper etiquette, attempts an awkward bow at Thilla. Afterwards, he reads everything on the tomb, any inscriptions, who it belongs to, who is supposed to be buried there and how rich the family seems to be.


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

"Something is not adding up here. Do we need to unseal the tomb and investigate further?"

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

The name Gurthun I is inscribed on the mausoleum.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Before we disrespect the deceased, I propose we exhaust our options without touching the insides, Duraz comments looking at Mirianna. Does the name Gurthun the first ring any bells to any of you? I am not from around here.

Read: Does anyone have knowledge (local)?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 | HP 12 |AC 17 (Touch 11; FF 16) | F +4; R +1; W +1 | GRP +4 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | Spot +1 Paladin 1

Lucius scratches his head. "Hmm..Duraz. I agree we shouldn't touch the insides without more information" He points to the statute of the horse. "Perhaps there is some clues over there?"

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

Alurad you've heard rumors about the grave robbers and about the contest coming into town

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz waits for Lucius to inspect the statue, but does it himself after the man doesn't.


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

After hearing about the grave robbers Alurad decides to head to cemetery. Talking out loud to his pony shadow helps him process information. “Who in their right mind would dig up graves during a festival?” beginning to nod; “You do have a point there... festivals equals vendors from out of town. Just a bit easier to move the stolen goods.” He trails off after a bit.

Looking up the gravestone spotted hillside Alurad can clearly see a group of people around a statue of a warhorse and the mausoleum. “Well there certainly is something going on up there... don’t worry girl I will let you free before I approach.” Alurad pats shadow and gives her mane a pet.

Clearing his throat, the party sees an older gentleman approaching the party. He is wearing a red cloak with gold trim around the collar and around all the edges. He begins speaking as he is looking up to the statue of the warhorse admiring it. “Greatings! I do love a good rendering of this mighty steed. I myself have only a humble pony, but she does me well.” he gestures towards a grey pony a little bit down the hillside. “I don’t see many people coming up here unless they are mourning... what brings you to the cemetery?”

I don’t know if I would see the name on the mausoleum or not, but I would like to do a roll on the warhorse at least.
K-History or K-Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Same modifier either way...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 | HP 12 |AC 17 (Touch 11; FF 16) | F +4; R +1; W +1 | GRP +4 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | Spot +1 Paladin 1

Lucius goes over and looks at the horse statue.

He scratches his head. "Hmmm...looks like stone to me?"

Spot: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Search: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

Lucius doesn't notice anything strange about the stature.

A statue of a large, powerful-looking warhorse stands
near the top of the hill. An inscription on the statue,
written in Brandobian, reads, "I will come for that
which only a hero can offer.

There's an image on slide 3 (above) of the horse

After a few minutes as you look at the statue you notice a curious sight in the distance at the bottom of the hill. A mighty horse
much like the one depicted by the statue paces back
and forth, seemingly observing you. It carries itself
with an unnnatural intelligence.

Alurad you remember that there is a man named Gurthun who is a garment peddler who lives in Hemden

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz is startled by Alurad's appearance. He fumbles for his shortspear strapped to his back and crouches before realizing they weren't being ambushed. After cursing himself for being so ill prepared for a surprise attack he measures the newcomer a while and replies in a not so formal voice We try to make sense of some grave disturbing rumors in town. You wouldn't happen to know who is doing this?

After noticing the horse at the bottom of the hill, he wonders if it is a spirit, as one would expect in a graveyard.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

Duraz realizes that the horse at the bottom of the hill is some sort of apparition.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 | HP 12 |AC 17 (Touch 11; FF 16) | F +4; R +1; W +1 | GRP +4 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | Spot +1 Paladin 1

Lucius doesn't seem to see the horse and translates the inscription for the party and points at it. "What does anyone make of that?"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Unsure of how to react to the horse, he offers a respectful bow.

When Lucius comments the inscription, he reads it and draws his attention to the apparition. If you want to offer something to him, make sure it's something only heroes could offer, he says without a clue of what that could be. Maybe go talk to it?, he adds not actually believing the man would actually do it.


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Alurad is silent for a moment taking in the group and nods once the human man speaks of rumors. “Where are my manners... I am Alurad Sorizan. I was traveling through town in hopes of a bit of entertainment at the festivities. I do find them a bit of levity to a life of study that I lead. I too came across rumors, particularly ones about grave robbers. So it’s clear why I am here. Just checking in on these rumors. I’m sorry, but, who are you all?”

When the others bring the apparition to his attention he puts a finger to his lips and mutters to himself; “Well aren’t you interesting....”

K-Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 | HP 12 |AC 17 (Touch 11; FF 16) | F +4; R +1; W +1 | GRP +4 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | Spot +1 Paladin 1

Lucius greets the wizard. "Greetings Alurad I am Lucius Crownguard a warrior of the true. We are also investigating the grave robberies" After Duraz points out the ghostly horse "Something hero's could offer? Hmmm..a heroes reward? A tale? Or perhaps a feast?" He pauses "Or a journey or a welcome? Perhaps my thoughts are too jumbled"


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

"I am Marianna Tangier, and you'll pardon me, but I know little of heroes. I am but a humble dancer, after all. . ."

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

My name is Duraz, and I represent the presence of the Storm Lord, Duraz says still looking at the horse apparition. He takes a few steps towards it.

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

In about a minute Duraz sees the ghostly horse vanish.

Alurad recognizes that the horse has probably gone ethereal.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Paladin 1 | HP 12 |AC 17 (Touch 11; FF 16) | F +4; R +1; W +1 | GRP +4 | Speed 20 ft | Init +1 | Spot +1 Paladin 1

"That was odd..." remarks Lucius as he looks away from the ghostly horse back to the markings near the horse statute.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz walks back to the group and comments I wonder if this has something to do with the grave digging. Is this horse related to the mausoleum?

He puts his hands on the statue, stroking the horses head as if petting it. Then he moves to the mausoleum and runs his hand near the scratches as if looking for something distinct to the touch.

Search: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Male l Human l Conjurer Specialist 1 l HP 5/5 l AC:12 Touch:12 Flat:10 l Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2 l Init 6 l
Spells:
0-lvl: Acid Splash l Detect Magic l Read Magic ; Disrupt Undead 1-lvl: Summon Monster 1 l Mage Armor l Grease l Enlarge Person
Skills:
Concentration 3, Decipher Scripty 5, Arcana 8, Dungeoneering 8, History 5, Local 5, Nature 8, Religion 8, Planes 8, Spellcraft 8

With a gasp as the horse vanishes, Alurad mutters something under his breath; “Iasau forth wer powers ekes ickrak’ey arcaniss.” And with a few movements of his hands Alurad cast a spell. He looks as if he is surveying the land looking for the horse that was once there. “humm... where are you?”

After a few moments Alurad lets out a slight whistle and a few clicks on his tongue in hopes that Shadow, his pony, would come trotting up towards him. “That beast never listens... Duraz is it? What do you see there my son?”

Handle Animal: 1d20 ⇒ 6

DC 15 Spellcraft:
Detect Magic

DMs Eyes:
Alurad will continue to hold the spell, he is looking to see if there is an illusionist that made this horse appear, or to see if the horse was really there but something cast an invisibility spell upon it.

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

Duraz notices that the "new" stones "placed inside" near the base of the mausoleum wall are lose. He also notices large chips of "old" stones lying at the base.

Alurad:
You know that the horse WAS there but it's gone ethereal.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz moves the loose stones.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

assuming you have a torch or lantern or cast light

Duraz looks inside and finds in a small stone chamber about four feet high and seven feet long, the dead body of an older man. It looks like something was taken off the body due to the fact that there's a "drag" mark in the dirt. The drag mark is about three inches wide and beside the body. It leads to the entrance hole. There's nothing else of interest in the chamber. The man wasn't buried with any other belongings beside a silver wedding ring and his dirty clothes. He's been dead for sometime.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

I cast light as necessary

Duraz offers a prayer to the deceased, asking for forgiveness for entering his grave, then enters it anyway. He asks if anyone knew what this stolen object could have been.

1 to 50 of 783 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.