Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP Re-Recruitment

Game Master Qstor

3.5e game using Kalamar setting

Maps and handouts


701 to 750 of 795 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

The party notices that the humanoid tracks go into the tomb and vanish on the stone floor.

Haldyr, thinks it didn't go "invisible" just that the stone is too hard to "track ON." He also thinks it's a good guess that the creature is a ratfolk

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz leads the party into the tomb. First he casts Light on his shield if it's too dark.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

see slide two (also above)

b]This large square room contains nine stone burial
vaults. A knotted rope hangs from a hole in the ceiling.
Each corner of the room opens to a descending
stairway. There is a stone door on the south wall. A few
small pieces of stone debris litter the floor.[/b]

there's stairways going up, in the NE, NW, SE and SW corners as it says above. The room map is kind of small


Female Human Conjurer 2

"It was a krenshar... a beast born of magic long enough ago that no one would really be able to tell if it was created or was augmented at some point. They likely live in arboreal regions such as these and can come in numbers from just one to a dozen. So, there could be others if this wasn't somehow a pet..."

Though not particularly good at spotting things, it doesn't stop Kathe from looking around, and she moves to center herself with the others as they move into the tomb. She observes the area... knowing that old places can be brittle or weak if not well maintained, and given the growths outside, that could likely be the case.

her arcana 18 grated her 2 facts... so its ability and its organization with educated guesses as to its environment given where it's currently been spotted. I was typing this up over a while and did not notice the newer posts that removed her need to make a spot check

Knowledge Arch&eng: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Knowledge history: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz is intrigued by Kathe's information. "It seems you conjurers deserve your good reputation of being knowledgeable. I'm glad you're with us today."

Seeing the rope hanging from the ceiling, the cleric feels somewhat wary. "Is any of you good at finding traps? Some tombs are known to have some, to ward them from robbers.", he asks.


Female Human Conjurer 2

"Well... it's not necessarily a conjurer quality," Kathe says, still a good bit satisfied at her luck of having only just recently read up on some arboreal beasts and those twisted by magic. When it came to traps, however, she'd let someone else's expertise shine through... whoever that happened to be.


Duraz Carron wrote:

Duraz is intrigued by Kathe's information. "It seems you conjurers deserve your good reputation of being knowledgeable. I'm glad you're with us today."

Seeing the rope hanging from the ceiling, the cleric feels somewhat wary. "Is any of you good at finding traps? Some tombs are known to have some, to ward them from robbers.", he asks.

"Well, I have some ability to find traps. Us halflings like our traps."

Singol looks around, taking in the room's features. "No bodies near the vaults. Maybe the rat-men disarmed any traps. Or they left them alone. Where shall I start?"


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

Having regained her sense and rejoined the group Mirianna nods, "A Krenshir you say? I like not that beast." turning to Singol, "The left and the right seem like longer tunnels, perhaps we should start straight ahead?"

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz, trusting the halfling's words, checks the door to the north looking for a way to open it. He readies his lit shield in case anyone or anything comes crashing at him.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

@Kathe it has an ability similiar to the scare spell that it used. And it's environment is Temperate forests.

botting Singol

The halfling takes a few minutes and looks at two of the nine vaults and let's the party know that each vault is trapped with darts that come flying out. He thinks that the vaults haven't ever been opened by looking at the "dirt seal" on the side of each vault.

The party doesn't see any obvious threats otherwise.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

"We should let the dead rest", Duraz says implying he doesn't want to open any of the vaults.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr keeps his bow at the ready...he has a particular dislike for the undead in general but also has a personal vendetta against them...


"I agree, Duraz. I am no grave-robber."

Singol moves to the northern door to examine it.

search: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
disable device: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
open lock: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Female Human Conjurer 2

Kathe decides not to voice a contrary opinion. She would be very interested in the vaults and such... from a historical perspective. Entirely anthropological and not at all with a profit motivation. Well... not too much so. Expeditions and digs need funding, after all. Research is not free.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

there's no doors just steps and the locations are NW, NE etc no direct "north" I'll say Singol looks at the NW stairs.

Singol inspects the northwest stairs and doesn't find any traps.

inside if you go down the stairs

The stairs leading into this area descend several feet
into a small room. There is a circular hole in the rear of
the chamber from which a wooden ladder extends
about half a foot.

what do you do?

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

We meant south. There was a door!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Just waiting to see about the door to the south before I post...

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

SE or SW?

SW you see

A wooden ladder descends through a circular hole in
the floor to a square fifteen-foot by fifteen-foot
chamber. A large statue partially covered with cobwebs
stands stiffly against the left wall. A few pieces of stone
debris litter the floor.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.
GM Qstor wrote:

This large square room contains nine stone burial

vaults. A knotted rope hangs from a hole in the ceiling.
Each corner of the room opens to a descending
stairway. There is a stone door on the south wall. A few
small pieces of stone debris litter the floor.

This is the door to the south we mean.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

my bad.

Inspecting the heavy stone door the party realizes its a false door.

up the rope? Or over in a corner?


Male Halfling Rogue 1

I vote for up the rope first.


Female Human Conjurer 2

Just going to follow along and just avoid touching anything.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr will cover the first one up the rope and then follow...

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

OR

Use Rope: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

who's up first? Give me a Spot and listen?

GM screen:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz stowed his mace and shield and started to climb, complaining about his armor being in the way.

Climb: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 3 - 4 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

GM screen:
MS: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 251d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

When Duraz climbs up to the top of the stone pyramid two ratmen try to stab him.

"Intruder!" they squeak.

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

His blade blocks one of the attacks.

damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Combat!

Duraz 6 damage

Party is up!

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

I think the 2nd attack also hit, with the shield being not drawn to climb the rope.

Taken by surprise, Duraz draws his mace and shield, readying himself for combat.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr quickly fires at the first ratman as it strikes Duraz...

Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

I'll just hand wave that the other attack misses Duraz

Haldyr's arrow hits one of the ratmen.

Duraz moves off the rope into the room above, and waits for the ratmen. He seems two ratmen about his size standing in the room.

The rest of the party is up!


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

Mirianna moves forward drawing her rapier and attacks one of the Ratmen"

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Singol attempts to climb the rope.

climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Female Human Conjurer 2

I'm confused as to the layout. Do we have a slide or mat to view?

Confused as to what's happening atop the rope, she looks around and hopes she's not the only one staying behind at the moment. With fighting in such close quarters atop the rope, she'd rather wait until there's more room...

"What's up there?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

sorry I was doing theater of the mind did you guys want a map?

Singol gets up the rope. with 2 move actions

mirianna the ratmen are up the rope? you still can act


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Realizing the rat men were too far, Mirianna spends her turn climbing.

Apologies was confused there

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr will climb up as well...

Climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Female Human Conjurer 2

Not wanting to be the only one not up, Kathe follows after the others...
Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Haldyr Kathe and Mirianna get up to the top of the area.

But the ratmen still remain.

They try to stab Haldyr.

attack: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

attack: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9

But miss!

there's no map of the room, but it looks like it's 10x10 so everyone is squeezing

Party is up!

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Now that everyone is up there, Duraz to hit the ratman that hit him.

Attack in squeezing space: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 4 = 19
Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Duraz manages to hits the ratman strongly, even with the little room to maneuver.


Female Human Conjurer 2

Immediately seeing how little room there is, and her inability to do anything useful in such a space, as in it's too tight to summon anything, Kathe moves back down the rope. She doesn't want to be the reason anyone's having a difficult time.

"Oooh, you... you all do what you're good at," she calls out as she works her way back down the rope.

climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

Rapier: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 4 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Mirianna takes a stab, but not as effectively as she hoped. "Don't worry, Kathe, there's scarcely room to stand here- but I am sure you'll make it up soon enough!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

In the crowded room, Mirianna misses the ratfolk while Duraz stabs the wounded ratfolk and it drops. The last one seems intent on avenging it's bleeding comrade.

Singol and Haldyr are up!

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr will drop his longbow, draw his longsword, and swing 2-handed at the remaining ratman...

+1 Longsword: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
Two-Handed Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 3 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Botting Singol

He tries to stab the last ratman.

attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The last ratman tries to make a break for it.

GM screen:
attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Singol takes an attack as the ratman tries to head down the rope. He hits him in the back and the ratman falls and is dead.

Combat over!

Searching the room, you find it's empty. You get the feeling that this is the very top of the pyramid. The ratman just have their swords and leather armor.

back down the rope?'

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

Duraz, panting from the effort, heals himself and climbs down the rope after searching the room. Is this where they slept?, he thought to himself.

@DM Is there any indication towards what the ratmen were doing here? Are there makeshift beds?

"I suppose we have to continue searching for the summoner, would you agree?", he asks the group after checking if they weren't hurt. He protects himself with his god's magic in order to continue and suggests the SW stairway.

Spontaneously cast Cure Light Wounds on myself (Replacing Command) and cast Shield of Faith on self. AC increased by 2

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Male Halfling Rogue 1

"That was quick. Does anyone know what these creatures are?"

"Should we leave the bodies here?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

it looks like they were keeping watch. This is the top of the pyramid

where do next?


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Singol will move to the SW stairway, following Duraz.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger / 2nd | HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 FF: 13 T: 15 | Initiative: +4 | Spot: +5 Listen: +5 Search: +3 | Speed: 30’

Haldyr will cover Duraz and Singol as they move to the stairway...


F STR 10 DEX 18 CON 10 INT 10 WIS 8 CHA 18 HP 6/6 AC 18 INIT +4 Fort +2 Ref +6 Will -1 Gray Elf Basiran Dancer 2

Mirianna follows Singol with her blade drawn.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Cleric 2 | HP 14/15 | AC 16 T 10 FF 16 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Lis: +2, Spo: +2, SM: +2 | Speed 20ft | Turn attempts: 5/5 | Active conditions: None.

"Keep your eyes open", Duraz says. "These are sneaky creatures and there's still a wizard with unknown intentions somewhere."

701 to 750 of 795 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Qstor's 3.5e Kingdoms of Kalmar PbP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.