DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,351 to 1,400 of 3,942 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia moves forward, keeping her hand to the right hand wall, taking a step into the empty room:"Usually rooms are not made to be empty?", asking as much as stating it.
Her hand still on the wall, she would progress to move along the boundaries of the room before the wall brings her back to Ro.
Perception to check for secret doors, +2 Assist Take 10 from Flutter: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd continues along with the group, keeping the torch aloft.

No, no they aren't Lia. At least not normally.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid peers about the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Perception, to try and hear anything besides his party. 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Survival, tracks 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Knowledge (Enginneering), make an estimated guess on the structure of this place 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Drasven pauses as the others discuss, his ear straining to pick up sounds of doors opening though he doubted he would pick up anything.
Examining the floors and walls though, he checks for signs of disturbed layers of dust since if no one is around, any disturbance would be significant.
His own experience in dwellings come into play here as he takes a wild guess on how the walls, doors and likel secret entrances would have being put together.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

The purpose of this room is not clear to any of you, what s clear is that it is just what it seems a side cave that holds nothing of value and has no obvious purpose.

Drasven:
Your best guess is either (1) its entrance could have at one point been covered and used as a tactic to ambush someone entering the cave system or (2) it was meant to lead further but was never completed.

Do you continue up the hall? Ro, more of you? Do you do so with light or probing the dark?


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava is coming to realize there is little point in sneaking about.

Without light I'm blind and might as well not be out there, except as bait I guess. With light I'm introducing us in ways a little sound can hardly match. But gods I don't want to open that discussion right now.

Ro decides to continue as things are for the time being. She dismisses the orbs, and recasts the spell to refresh her time with the lights. Then she sends them down the tunnel. The arrangement this time is a line, each orb spaced at 10' from the others, and floating in place about a foot off the floor.

At least I should be able to see any snares, pits, and such.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

EDIT: Following Ro at a ~25 foot distance as requested.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava is coming to realize there is little point in sneaking about.

Without light I'm blind and might as well not be out there, except as bait I guess. With light I'm introducing us in ways a little sound can hardly match. But gods I don't want to open that discussion right now.

Ro decides to continue as things are for the time being. She dismisses the orbs, and recasts the spell to refresh her time with the lights. Then she sends them down the tunnel. The arrangement this time is a line, each orb spaced at 10' from the others, and floating in place about a foot off the floor.

At least I should be able to see any snares, pits, and such.

She starts down the tunnel again. "Give me about a twenty or thirty foot lead."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Oops a bit of a screw up. I meant to correct rather than repost. This one supercedes the previous one.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Just FYI: Dancing lights, raw they have to all stay within a 10-feet radius, so the most distance they can have is 20 feet apart.

Lia moves to 30 feet behind Ro. Realizing that is SO far back and she can't see much of whats happening, she almost inmediately moves up to 20 feet behind Ro, which seems the more preferable option of the 2 given.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Back with the others, Drasven frowns as he considers his options weighing them on his internal scale.
It didn't take long as he turns to the others.
"We go in now. If I'm right this place could have being used as an ambush site with other doors meant to allow one to get behind or so. Having them in like that unaware would be bad. Going in with light could flush anybody or anything hoping to use the unseen nooks and crannys to get the jump on us."


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

"Is it natural?" Windsight quietly asks Drasven as the dwarf returns. The Shoanti bowman has been a bit more quiet than typical; perhaps it was that he'd stayed in the Glassworks all night, gaining what rest he could despite being amongst the destruction of that family's lifetime of work. It had chilled his anger against the goblins, to know that they were but pawns in some other beings' plan, and he was still wrestling to regain the equilibrium he typically possessed. Not even a few 'ghost shots' with the exceptional bow he was using had quite been able balance out his disquiet.

He wasn't entirely pleased with being so far in the back, either, but being primarily a missile-combatant pretty much determined it. Having to shoot past his friends, though ... Maybe I should have brought the shortbow too, he thinks.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Ro comes to yet another fork in the catacomb. Like the rest of the complex, the floors are completed and the walls still rough hewn. The light allows you to see that both directions can be followed farther than her spell can see.

Which way?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

It's up to Ro, but I'd say left for now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia stays (exactly) 20 feet behind Ro,
whichever way she decides to go.
Prepared to lend assistance,
should she meet resistance,
Flutter, the mocked up Firefly,
providing light, staying close by.
Is it time to worry yet?
Lias visions say: you bet!


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"It's natural. A Natural place to be ambushed as well. I recall we had one that escaped us didn't it?" Drasven replies to the Shoanti, Windsight upon his return.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

I'm very glad my fellows are better versed at sneaking and patrolling. Left up to me, we'd have likely fallen in a pit. Gwydd thinks to himself as the crew comes upon a fork in the passage.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

At the fork Ro considers which direction. The left passage looks to be slightly larger. She also thinks it is the straighter line and so more likely to have allowed the sound of the door to carry.

She chooses left and continues. Whenever she reaches the end of her line of lights, the last of them leapfrogs to the front.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Another 30' and yet another fork in the tunnel. The room to the right is as dark as the rest of the complex but Ro believes she heard some footsteps or at least something coming from that direction. The edge of the floor appears to be different still from the floor that constitutes the hallway the Godtouched have been following. As the dancing lights only illuminate a portion of the floor, you would need to explore that space further to be sure.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava stops at the fork and moves closer to one of the orbs so she will be clearly visible. She turns back to the others and taps her ear with her finger a couple of times. She then gestures to the right.

She takes her lights with her as she moves in that direction.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid will move up to the doorway once Ro enters.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 1 = 9


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Ro enters the hall and her lights enter with her. The hall is indeed different, it is finished.

A red marble statue of a strikingly beautiful but, at the same time, monstrously enraged human woman stands in the middle of this room, her stony expression twisted in fury. The woman wears flowing robes, and her long hair is held back from her face by an intricate headdress of hooks and blades. In her left hand she carries a large book, the face of which is inscribed with a seven-pointed star. Her right hand holds a glittering metal-and-ivory ranseur.

Before Karmid can step further into the room from the far hall he and Ro see Nualia exit the gloom!

"Oh little Ro, all grown up. Were you looking for me? You found me. Is that Karmid behind you. My my you've become a big one eh? My father would not approve of the naughty naughty thoughts I am having..."

Lia, Drasven and Gwydd hear the voice but do not see the person atatched to it yet.

Karmid:
That Ranseur is not part of the statue.

Knowledge History DC 25:
The statue depicts Runelord Alaznist.

DMD ONLY:
Windsight Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 Gaven Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 vs. Stealth 1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 & 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 & Koruvus 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Windsight:
Gaven shifts and bumps you his eyes motioning backwards into the darkness behind you. You heard it to, something or someone is trying to flank the group from behind.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid, stealth forgotten, drops the head of his hammer onto the floor with a crash.

"Nualia!? Is that...you look different. What is going on here! Why...are you attacking Sandpoint with goblins! By all the gods of nature and nurture...WHY?"


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Windsight, his head already turning as Gaven nudges him, gives the paladin of Sarenrae a quick nod. Looking back, he holds up two fingers to Gaven, then turns his hand over and wiggles them to make them do the classic 'walking' motion, and then finally points to the other side of the passage the two of them have just crossed - the intent, of course, being for the paladin to cross quickly over and take cover there.

The archer lifts his finger to his lips to warn the Sarenite to stay quiet, then turns back around and reaches out to grip Gwyddym's shoulder and squeeze. Another finger to his lips to indicate silence to the bard, and then he gestures with his thumb over his shoulder, towards the passage. Should Drasven turn, he points at the dwarf, then gestures for him to follow Lia up.

Finally tucking himself against the side of the passage so that Gwyddym can be ready to fight as well, with all three of them (himself, Gwydd, and Gaven) able to be seen by each other, he points at Gwydd, makes an underhanded-throw gesture towards the passage, then points at Gaven and imitates a 'leaning out' motion.

Spoiler:
Aaaand that's probably all I can do with a full-round action. ;) But hopefully it'll not only be enough to spoil the ambush trying to jump us, but also set us up to flank anyone who comes near enough to attack and with the torch-throw and him taking a peek, keep the paladin's 'thou shalt not ambush' justice-and-righteousness thing on an even keel. ;) All three characters have been tweaked into place for what I intend.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

The statue awes Rojava. It is both terrible to look at and unexpected. It drops from her mind entirely though when Nualia steps in to the room. Nualia takes her breath away. She is still astoundingly beautiful, but now also the worst miracle ever.

Ro can't completely believe Nualia is still alive. That she somehow survived the fire and had lived on all these years in complete secrecy. That she had planned and done the things she had done. Still, and despite those things, when Nualia calls her by name, Ro feels a twinge of pleasure that she had ever been noticed enough to be remembered by the woman.

She leaves the arrow in her bow in place, but doesn't raise it.

"And you're still unforgettable Nualia. Yes, we have come looking for you. We thought you had died in the chapel fire years ago with your father. We're very happy that you're still alive, but we've also heard some very disturbing things from Tsuto. We want to talk to you and figure it out, to understand what you're doing."

As she's talking to Nualia, there's a buzz of thought that begins in the back of Rojava's mind.

First we come here looking for Ameiko. She finds us and walks right up easy as can be. This time we come looking for Nualia, and who's the first person we run into? There's something funny here. It's too convenient. That doppelganger had to run somewhere and down here seems most likely.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia stays behind, around the corner, intently watching Flutter who is hovering 10 feet ahead of her.
"Give me about a twenty or thirty foot lead.", is echoing in her mind.
But Ro had turned a corner, and as such, was out of sight.
So Lia hoped that cheating by having Flutter as a spotter telling her when to move further forward would not be breaking any rules.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd turns at the squeeze at his shoulder. Windsight was telling him to be quiet and then proceeded to make some other weird hand gestures.

I really need to talk to him after all this is over, if Shelyn sees fit to keep us both alive. I don't know all his fancy hand symbols! I need a book or something. He thinks as Windsight pantomimes throwing something underhanded. Gwydd looks about to see what he's talking about when his eyes settle on the torch.

Really? Throw the torch? What will that - you know, never mind. I'm sure he has some kind of a plan.

Taking a breath, Gwydd hucks the torch underhanded in the direction Windsight indicated.

Strength Check (not sure if this is what would need to happen for tossing a torch with no particular intent to aim or not): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Ro & Karmid

Both stare intently at Nualia she appears to be the genuine article. Of course, so did Ameiko at first! That's it, she appears as you remember her, not as she is depicted in Tsuto's latest sketch of her.

Nualia replies, "What is there to understand? You had your chance to join me, instead you have decided to align yourselves with the hateful people of Sandpoint. If it were otherwise true you would not have taken Tsuto would you have? I think not..."

Just then a shriek of anger can be heard down the hall, not mistaking the language it is Goblin. "Such a pity..."

The Rest of the GodTouched and Gaven

Gwydd throws the torch as per Windsight's instructions, bathed in light are two hideous creatures spawned from some hateful nether realm and one very surprised Goblin. The Goblin curses as the creatures snarl...

---

Guess What Time It Is?:
Initiative!
"Nualia" 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Gwyddym Soarsong 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Drasven Hammers 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Lia Tani 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Karmid Groundbreaker 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Rojava Brishen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Windsight 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Gaven 1d20 ⇒ 11
Sin Spawn (2) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Anyone else? 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Koruvus 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Initiative – Round 1
Nualia
Windsight, Ro, Lia (& Flutter!), & Drasven – GO!
Sin Spawn +
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.
Goblin Champion.

---

Round 1

Nualia laughs maniacally turns and flees into the darkness behind her!


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

A swish is all that can be heard from Drasven as he releases a bolt into the closest enemy he can see.
Twang a bolt! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d8 ⇒ 3
"Don't know why you did that but good throw." the aged dwarf congratuates his companion, having missed the enitre byplay from Windsight.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava realizes the "Nualia" in front of her shows in sign of the "transformation" Tsuto had written about with displeasure. She only has a moment to consider the discovery though before the sounds from behind make her realize they have walked into an ambush.

As the doppelganger turns and runs Ro calls out "Next time b#@*$! Very soon!" after her. "Ameiko-Nualia-B*#@~" would have been more satisfying, but better to not lay all the cards on the table until they can be fatally revealed.

She turns, telling Karmid "Let her go", and runs back to the passage where the others are waiting.

She stops in front of Lia. "Lia, we need Flutter to check the other direction for anything that might be coming from that way!"

Ro raises her bow and takes aim past Gwyd and the others at whatever shows itself.

"Gwyd! Move back!"

Begin Luck, readied attack at first baddie to show itself. Directing lights to move to the tunnel crossroads and stop.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 9


Flutter does not need his Mistresses orders, and holds position on the intersection he already overlooked, trying to make sure the others would not be flanked - at least not without learning about that. Conveniently, he did have his own tail light, which made the task much easier.Plus he has low-light vision - Ready action to warn everybody if anything approaches from the direction he is guarding.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

With everybody else suddenly very agitated, Lia begins a lenghty incantation. She seems to be calling Celestial Hamsters Skunks: 1d3 ⇒ 3 will heed her call, unless she is interrupted before next round.
On multi-summoning spells I like to roll how many I get when I start casting so I can consider placement and how to best use them. If you prefer I roll when the spell goes off, do tell


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

The monk's eyes widen at the vision thus revealed; almost spooked, he twice draws and fires at the lead monstrosity, neither knowing nor caring where to best place his shots for the greatest effect, just wanting to put enough arrows into the creature to make it stop moving. Nor does he follow through on what he'd intended - to warn both Gwyddym and Gaven to let the creatures come to them.

Tech Spec:

Flurry Attack: +2 Base +2 Dex +1 weapon focus +1 masterwork = 6 +1 point blank.
Damage: 1d8 +2 Str +1 point blank.

Fire One!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage One!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Fire Two!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage Two!: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Question - if any of these things are in the square right next to Windsight, are they flanked between him and Gaven? I think they are (and I'm pretty sure they definitely are if they're in the next square up, next to Gaven), but I'm still a bit uncertain about the other.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13
"Flutter, Figment Sage Butterfly wrote:
Flutter does not need his Mistresses orders

I suppose I could have talked to Flutter directly, but it seems too similar to ordering someone else's teddy bear around. That is something which should never be done.


I am but a figment of Lia's mind. Don't tell her that, obviously, but talking to me is as good as talking to her! So orders may not be the way to go, but you can feel free to ask for my assistance directly any time-

Or, more technical: While Flutter is a familiar, the figment part means I consider him mostly independent, Lia would not order him around either, and if she did, he would not necessarily do as she says - he is also a Sage, after all... ;)


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Drasven fires his crossbow at the lead monster but it skitters across the wall harmlessly.

Windsight fires two arrows in rapid succession the first strikes the floor right in front of the lead creature and the second strikes it solidly in the shoulder. It does not even slow down!

Gwydd steps back 5' allowing Ro to race to the front and prepare a counterstrike for the arrival of the foes.

Lia begins casting a spell to call aid for herself and her allies. Rolling as casting begins is fine.

The creature charges forward with its wicked claws

Knowledge Planes DC 13:
These creatures are Sinspawn. Sinspawn are corrupted products of magic used by spellcasters in a past era as shock troops for their armies. Literally the embodiment of a sin made flesh, they are sentient abominations of distilled ectoplasm imprinted with the soul-image of slain creatures that possessed an abundance of a particular sin.

as it arrives Ro swings at the creature. Precisely at that moment Gaven steps forward 5', "Face me hellspawn!" That distraction is enough to allows Ro's strike to cut down past its armored chest and its soft underbelly.

Gaven moves forward to give Ro the flank allowing her to hit instead of miss.

It hisses and strikes at the source of ultimate good before it, Gaven! His plate armor wards away all of the clumsy blows of the creature.

DMD ONLY:
Sinspawn #1 Attack Gaven - Claw #1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 - Claw #2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 - Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10. HP = 10/28.
Sinspawn #2 Attack Windsight - Claw #1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 - Claw #2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 - Bite 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16.

Its counterpart clogs the tunnel and swings at Windsight, trapping the Goblin behind them clearly agitated swinging dual wielding longsword and hand axe!

Windsight shifts and weaves causing the creature to miss its strikes though the bite of the creature snaps only inches away fro his neck!

Karmid turns to follow Ro but the sound of a soft moan and shuffle behind him gives him pause. From the darkness undead shuffle forward towards him! The lead Zombie rushes forward and slams into the Ranger so hard it knocks the wind out of Karmid.

DMD ONLY:
Zombie #1 Slam @ Karmid 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 - Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Confirm Critical 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Karmid takes 20 damage! Ooof. A critical and max damage.

So far Karmid, you see 6 but more seem to be coming!.

Initiative Round 1 -
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven - GO!
Goblin Champion.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

-_-"]


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro had a bow shot readied, not rapier. But rather than having to redo things if you don't want to I'll take the round as it stands. I'll succeed at the attack, which it seems like we're going to need, and it looks like I'll have to switch weapons in the coming round anyway.


Shadow's Status
Rojava Brishen wrote:
Ro had a bow shot readied, not rapier. But rather than having to redo things if you don't want to I'll take the round as it stands. I'll succeed at the attack, which it seems like we're going to need, and it looks like I'll have to switch weapons in the coming round anyway.

Sorry misread that!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Are they coming from the statue room, or the corridor further down? Or both?

Aggghhh!! Undead! Somebody...Ummmph!

Getting the wind knocked out of him by a zombie, Karmid swings in panic at the lead creature then backs up towards his friends hoping the narrow door or passage limits their attacks!

Earthbreaker(2-Handed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8

For some reason, Karmid can't seem to catch his breath...


Shadow's Status
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:
Are they coming from the statue room, or the corridor further down? Or both?

They came from down the hall in the same area of darkness that "Nualia" fled.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Karmid, short of breath from the zombies headlong rush, is able to clip the foe smashing in part of its skull but it is a zombie and still comes at the retreating Karmid.

DMD ONLY:
Zombie 1 HP = 4/12

Initiative Round 1 -
Gwydd, Gaven - GO!
Goblin Champion.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd slips by the group, pressing his hand on Karmid's back, letting healing magic flow into the big man.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

BP: 9 rounds, 2/3 1st level


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Gaven steps forward and strikes at the already injured demon.

Gaven Melee Attack - Greatsword 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Greatsword Damage 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 3) + 7 = 16

His swing is errant and the creature ducks beneath it with little effort.

The Goblin snarls throwing its hand axe up in the air, grabs and tosses a dagger at Windsight, catching the axe by the handle as it comes down again.

DMD ONLY:
Silver Dagger 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 = 4. Damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

The dagger sails over Windsights' head and strikes the far wall.

Initiative – Round 2
Windsight, Ro, Lia (& Flutter!), & Drasven – GO!
Sin Spawn + Zombies 6 +
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.
Goblin Champion.

Whatever Nualia does, none can see its effects.

PCs go!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

The thing in front of her is so horrible that Rojava almost pees herself in fright. She can't look at its face. But somehow, since she was prepared to strike at any threatening body in front of her, her thrust hits true.

She recovers and thrusts again through squinting eyes that are diverted from the thing's head.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 13

Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

With Gwyd's gentle touch air rushes back into his lungs. Karmid even thinks he hears the sound of ribs clicking back together. Still sore, but much better off, Karmid readies Angela the Earthbreaker for his next swing with a growl instead of a whimper!

With a swift action, Karmid uses his Growth Domain power to Enlarge himself for one round! Effective +2 Str, -1 to hit, -2 AC, +10ft. reach!

Karmid quickly swings at the damaged zombie in front of him but misses in his haste. His main purpose was to block the entrance with his temporary bulk as the rest of the Zombies approach!

LARGE Earthbreaker(2-Handed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12

Reach AoO if provoked!:
LARGE Earthbreaker(2-Handed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia had little else to do. Retrieving her light crossbow, she loaded it and stood confidently in the middle of her friends.

Skunk red appeared interposed between the enlarged Karmid and the Zombie Horde. Realizing it could do little against the Zombies, it simply did it's best to not be easy pray for them. It's chances were slim, but Lia knew it would understand, and the possible fate she had seen for Karmid made this course of action more than reasonable.
Total Defense, AC 18, 3 HP

Skunk brown and teal appeared near the weird creatures that had tried to flank around the group. Losing no time, both of them targeted their scent glands at the lead creature, spraying away with their celestial ichor(well, kind of).
Ranged Touch vs yellow, no precise shot: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 = 1 miss
Ranged Touch vs yellow, no precise shot: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 - 4 = 13 hoping hit, DC 11 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds and then sickened for 1d4 minutes by the horrific stench. A successful save reduces the effect to only 1d4 rounds of being sickened. A creature cannot use the scent ability as long as it is affected by this musk.
Spray Musk, AC 14, 3 HP


Flutter, not needing to warn them any more, after Karmid did so already, instead moves next to the enlarged warrior, ready to warn him if any undead approach.
Readied: Aid Another DC 10, Karmid, Increase AC +2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven pauses to consider what the rest of his companions are doing.
The undead was annoying!


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Ro strikes true injuring the creature further but still it will not fall!

DMD ONLY:
Fortitude save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 - Sickened 1d4 ⇒ 3

The creature spits and dry retches as the deadly musk of the skunks assault its senses.

Drasven holds do you reload? You still can act.

Initiative – Round 2
Windsight – GO!
Sin Spawn + Zombies 6 +
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.
Goblin Champion.

1,351 to 1,400 of 3,942 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.