DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,301 to 1,350 of 3,942 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"I be sure that your quiver had more then that." remarks Drasven.

"I trust your hunt went well.."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid returns to the temple then, packs for a journey since he is unsure what will happen on the morrow, and requisitions as much holy water that he can from the temple. If asked why, he will reply with:

"It is for the defense of the town! We don't know exactly what we are facing here, but it IS evil. So fetch the water! Make more for our return!"


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rynnn's outburst so surprises Rojava that for a moment she forgets to hug back.

"Yeah Rynn, it's been a very bad day, but I'm fine. Why? What were you thinking might have happened?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

When Ameiko wants to rest, the night is still young. And there was one other location in Sandpoint that needed to be looked at. Not worried in the least, Lia marches to Kaijitsu Manor.

GM:
Maybe Lonjiku was lured to the glassworks, but maybe there was more to it for Tsuto than murdering his father. I mean, they attacked the town to retrieve Bones, before...and if Tsuto wanted something specific, chances would be it was in the manor. So IF Lonjiku had servants, I'm checking on them and requesting to be allowed to take a look in his study. IF he had no servants, Lia will simply enter(if Lonjiku still had the key on him earlier, using that(retcon she pocketed it)...otherwise, she'll find an entrance, or make one.), and find the study. There she'll squat down and daydream about Lonjiku while Flutter searches the nearby rooms for anything interesting, related to his family(especially Tsuto) or obviously missing(such as a empty display stand).


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Windsight had clapped Karmid on the shoulder as he left, saying, "Well done. Let us pray for Gozreh to keep the rain away, that we might track them two or three days hence. I wish that Shalelu was available - my woodcraft is not up to the task of following the blood trail."

Leaving Karmid, he returns to the Glassworks; he'd been harrying the goblins for far too long, and that tunnel definitely required a personal bout of 'make sure it hasn't been forced'. Seeing Drasven emerge, he gives a slight smile. "Of sorts," he agrees, then explains what he and Karmid had done, injuring two and chasing all three off to the north, and hopefully leaving a blood trail that the Godtouched could follow. "Everything all quiet in there?" he asks, nodding towards the Glassworks.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Its being an eventful week, I'd say." Drasven begins ruefully.
"While you were hunting, Sister Lily arrived to take most of the burden of me. Since she'd know most of the fallen, it'll be easier for her to perform the last rites and give the proper eulogies rather then myself."

He looks at the sky as he does so.
"Hopefully the rain doesn't come to wash of the trail, it'd be waste of your efforts to lead us to the goblin nest."


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

The Shoanti ascetic nods ruefully, digging with his tongue into a back tooth. "Not over yet," he says, then listens to Drasven's statement of the events. "I hate funerals," he admits quietly. "Or at least the extensive ones. People crying, or bearing up under the grief ..." He shakes his head, then wonders, "Mind coming for a walk? Most of the ones that I shot into the sand should be recoverable. I hope," he adds.

If Drasven agrees to accompany him, Windsight walks quietly for a few minutes before finally saying, "Thing like this, makes me think about what might happen. It was more than a little touch-and-go in there earlier. So if my end comes at some point in this, I would appreciate you seeing that I receive a sky burial. It's tradition among the Tamiir-Quah - to be returned to the wind and the sky, and those who wing through it. It doesn't have to be traditional Shoanti, just ..." He gives a shrug, plucking the first of his arrows out of the sand and giving it a detailed inspection of fitness to be used again. "Remember life, not death, for I'll no longer be there, yes?"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Accompanying Windsight since there isn't anything much left to do and Drasen neeed to be away for some quiet given the days' events.

"Too much death," the old dwarf shakes his head. "Be it goblin, dog, people.....Far too much for my liking these few days. The scales aren't balanced though Pharasma welcomes all to her bosom. I shall ask to learn more of your customs though I sincerely pray that the time to perform those last rites upon your body be lon in coming."

"I do not know the person you all seemed to be chatterign about but I gather that she was once close and known to most of you yes?" thankful for the Shoanti for keepign to his pace, he continues.
"Was this Nualia by any chance a godsworn then?"


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

The archer shakes his head, plucking an arrow from the sand and brushing it clean. "No, before my time," he admits. "I've been here only a year - well, a year more than you; I arrived on the day of the Butterfly Festival last year, as you did this year. I think she was believed to have been slain in the great fire, five years back ... ?"


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Aftermath

Ro

Rynn frowns, [b]"You know exactly why! If you are just going to be a wise ass put that tongue to good use..."{/b] I'll cut scene here, let's assume Ro forgets to meet with Gwydd after that.

---

Windsight and Drasven

From the rocky shores south of the Old Tower Windsight is able to retrieve 3/4's of his arrows.

Thereafter, the two Godtouched seek out shelter for the evening.

---

Karmid

You are able to co-opt 12 vials of Holy Water before you too find a place to sleep off the day.

---

Lia

You are able to enter the Manse with no fuss. To your eternal sadness, you find Lonjiku's two manservants slain in their beds. Luckily it seems they were killed in their sleep and did not suffer.

Looking at the dates on the paperwork it seems that the shapechanger took Lonjiku's place at least a week ago. Nothing else seems amiss the place certainly seems as if it has not been lived in or used in that time.

You fall asleep in the study as Flutter investigates the House finding nothing of particular interest but many books and a great deal of wealth in the form of tangible goods, nothing liquid.

---

Gwydd

It seems Ro was detained for dinner and you eat your meal with Tal who appears distressed that she will not be able to accompany the group as you delve into the tunnels below the Glassworks.

Sleep comes soon after.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rynn is up obscenely early, already getting dressed and ready to open her shop by the time Rojava wakes up.

Ro slips out of bed and walks over behind Ryn, putting her arms around the young half-elf and clasping her hands at her waist. She rests her head in her curve between Ryn's neck and shoulder.

"You know, I had my eye on you before you even knew who I was. I first saw you, well, saw you like this a couple of years ago. If you noticed me at all you probably figured I was just one of those kids hanging around in the street being a nuisance. You were right."

"Remember when that window in your shop had a rock thrown through it? I did it. I was hoping you'd catch me until I'd thrown it, then I panicked and ran. I couldn't figure out a way to get you to notice me. I'll pay for that by the way."

"There was also this." Ro raises her head and sings near Ryn's ear just above a whisper.

Rynshynn*:

How can I stand to stay where I am?
Poor butterfly who don't understand
Why can't I fly away in a special sky?
If I don't find my destiny soon,
I'll die in your arms under the cherry moon

I want to live life to the ultimate high
Maybe I'll die young like heroes die
Maybe I'll kiss you some wild special way
If nobody kills me or thrills me soon,
I'll die in your arms under the cherry moon

If that's alright

Lovers like us dear are born to die
If they don't find us what will we do?
I guess we'll make love under the cherry moon
I'll die in your arms under the cherry moon

*In Memoriam: Prince (1958 - 2016)

"I thought about writing that down and slipping it under your door. Glad I didn't, it would probably have really creeped you out."

Ro rises slightly onto her toes and kisses Ryn on the neck behind her ear.

"Spare me an hour? The shop can wait that long."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd rises from his sleep, still uneasy at Ro's non-appearance at dinner. With a sigh, he goes through his morning dances, stretching and flexing his body. With his prayers to Shelyn finished, the bard walks softly through the Cathedral, marveling at the light coming through the windows. He walks past each other deity's shrine space, tipping his head in deference, before making his way to the kitchens to get a bite.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Within the walls of the Kaijitsu Manor, in Longjiku's study
*A lithe female frame shifts position on the wooden study floor, rolling on her back.*
*She snores gently due to positioning of her head, her hair splayed out on the floor from abundant motion.*
*Moments after, the form shifts position some more, breathing silently again as she curls up facing the other side.*
*The little sunlight entering the room does not disturb her, and she dozes on, hours after sunrise*

Lia, being a night person, and with no Kira(or Talene) to wake her, catches up on some sleep she had missed the past days. With Flutter in limbo as his Mistress dreams, he cannot rouse her, either, and she had told no one where she went.
Still, it was not unusual for Lia, seeing how she loved watching the night sky, sometimes falling asleep in whatever vantage point she had picked, so despite the recent events, there was no cause for alarm just yet. If past experience was anything to go by, around noon, she would show up, thirsty and in need of a shower.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid is up shortly after dawn. He's jazzed with energy, knowing they have the unexplored to deal with today. Packing his entire camping gear, he gets ready to leave, carefully packing the vials of Holy Water one of the acolytes has delivered to his door as well.

Running to the kitchen, Karmid grabs some bread and sausages for a quick breakfast on the go, passing Gwyd along the way, then moves to exit the temple. He wanted to be one of the first back to the Glassworks, as he worries needlessly that the rest of the group might leave him behind for some reason if he were late.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven is up at Dawn, leaving his room after absolutions to walk around town. Giving each and every item he comes across a 'value' to keep himself in practice as a priest of Abadar. It also gives him a chance to tinker with the scales, offering him a focus of sorts to ponder the mystery this town has presented him ever since he came here.....


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - The Siege Below

Day breaks and the various Godtouched perform what tasks they deem necessary and normal. It is good to feel normal even if only for a little while as normal seems to have left town the day that the Goblins first raided and has yet to return.

You all begin to gather at the Cathedral by 9 am, all but Lia. The hours pass by anxiously as Father Zantus waits with you all in the mess. Finally Lia strolls in with Flutter chastising her for oversleeping on such an important day. Within thirty minutes, she is refreshed and ready to go. Father Zantus delivers one last speech before you head to the site of the tunnels below, "The Sheriff will not be back for some time. If you have not returned to us in two days, I shall lead an expedition down into the depths myself to find you. I am leery to let you do this at all. A large part of me believes that I should lead some of the more senior Clergy down into this rat hole myself. However, Desna granted me a vision as I slept. Unless my interpretation is incorrect, this is a task meant for you and you all alone. Despite my warnings, Gavin Deverin will accompany you. Good luck and may Desna, Abadar, Erastil, Gozreh, Sarenrae, and Shelyn guide you all".

Vachedi and Father Zantus make good on their promises of aid as the Godtouched assemble the equipment they need to explore the tunnels beneath the Glassworks.

As you approach the scene of the most recent crime against the town, many of the townsfolk are gathered by the Glassworks as if the group were about to set out for a sea voyage. It seems the rumors that something was amiss have spread quite wide.

Vachedi had wisely set a watch from the ranks of the militia along with the assistance of Brother Valk to keep anyone from entering whether from curiosity or through the desire to follow you all down.

Tal and Ameiko stand near the front door and smile giving you all words of encouragement as you enter.

The six of you and Gaven enter the Glassworks once more at approximately 2 pm in the afternoon. It seems that Drasven and Sister Lilly performed excellent work with the militia the day before. The bodies are removed and most of the broken glass swept away.

Do you explore the Glassworks further or just head to the tunnel below?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Standing at the entrance to the Glassworks, Karmid points with his hammer.

"Let's get this over with. Down!"

He then retraces the group's path down toward the tunnel entrance.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Yes Let's." the aged dwarf agrees as he checks his loaded crossbow and its safety catch.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava isn't among the earlier people to arrive at the Glassworks, but she does bring presents. On her way she stops to pick up torches and snacks for everyone.

When she does get there, she immediately sidles up to Gwyddym.

"Hey there Gwydd. I'm really sorry about not coming to get you for dinner last night. There was so much going on yesterday. I was tied up and just couldn't make it. Maybe tonight or tomorrow night instead?"

She hands out torches to anyone who wants a couple, and snacks for later as well.

+++++++

Ro has mixed feelings about Father Zantus' speech.

Two days!? How could it take so long? I didn't bring enough snacks...

Thanks so much Mother Moon, you gave me a birthmark so there'd be no mistakes about how I have to root around in demon-infested holes. Very special.

++++++++

As the group prepares to enter the tunnels Ro asks "want me up front to make sure we don't step on or touch anything dangerous?"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

I understand Ro, really I do. You've always been a free-dancer. Gwydd says with a small smile. Tied up. I'll bet she was, the question is who tied her - With a small shake of the head, he dismisses the train of thought. It would be good to have someone up front that can check for traps and keep an eye out for that which would cause us mistery.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Oh, the "snacks" are, in game terms, a day of rations. I bought 6 days worth so 1 day per person but forgot about Gavin. He makes it 6 days of rations split among 7. There are 10 torches to be split as people would like. Take what you want.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid will nod at Ro, and smile with his hammer perched on his shoulder casually.

"I will follow where you lead...step where you step mi'lady Brishen. Lead on!"


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Soon enough you pass beynd the threshold of the door you left locked the day before. Gaven is in the back, sword in hand. He is quiet and somewhat anxious that is clear but certainly no afraid.

The door leads to a winding tunnel that runs for some distance through the bedrock below Sandpoint. Drasven senses that the tunnel is leading northeast until it reaches a dead end. Ro investigates the dead end knowing that this must continue somehow.

Soon enough she finds the secret door completely natural in build which opens into a 30' diameter cave on the side of the cliff overlooking the Varisian Gulf. The cave mouth slopes down to a narrow beach. No doubt the Goblins that Karmid and Windsight chased off were trying to find some way back here, unsuccessfully as the evidence that Goblins were camping here is unmistakable.

From this cave, there is also a tunnel that leads south splitting off in two different directions.

Which one do you take? At the moment, do not open the new map above.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:

Karmid will nod at Ro, and smile with his hammer perched on his shoulder casually.

"I will follow where you lead...step where you step mi'lady Brishen. Lead on!"

Ro curtsies briefly to Karmid. "Unless I step on something that kills me m'lord. In that case don't step there" she replies with a smirk.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Rojava turns to Drasven after the goblin campsite has been looked over.

"Is there anything about either of the tunnels we passed on the way here that makes it seem a better choice to check out next?"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Lia had slept well, and she was refreshed thanks to copious amounts of cold water. Regardless, she was absent-minded for most of the speech, and the walk to the glassworks.
When they walk downstairs, Lia casts light on a piece of tiny ribbon tied into a bow around Flutters tail, turning him a flying, mobile source of light.
While Ro investigates the dead-end, Lia speaks up to no one in particular:"You remember when Lonjiku came to Ameiko when we celebrated having pushed back the Goblins? That was not-me trying to lure Ameiko into a trap. There was no chance Ameiko would have gone with it, so maybe thats why." ...I didn't see this possible course of actions in my visions.
Looking at the two directions, Lia points at one and suggests:"That's the way we go later, so this ones where we go before.", pointing at the other one:"No wait, I'm confused.". Breathing deeply, she focuses again, then speaks up:"I think the one where there's no breeze is the one we check first. Ro did bring normal torches so we can check!"
Rough guess that one could be a deadend and the other lead somewhere: If both have a breeze or neither has noticeable air flow, Lia will be profoundly confused - if I guessed right, I suppose we should check the deadend first


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"As far as I can tell, the tunnel was leading towards the North Eastern side until this dead end." he pauses.

"We know the goblins went one way based on what Windsight and Karmid reported. However the unknown is best explored in order to make sure we don't miss out anything and I do not want to be fighting on two fronts."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"Works for me."

Rojava walks back down to the south tunnel, using her torch to see if either the left or right passage has any air flow either in or out of it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Actually I'm hoping for a slight amendment. I do need two free hands to use the bow. Could Gwyd or Lia carry the torch instead?


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

I have flutter, with a glowing tail ribbon. No torch needed here, so Gwyd can take it. Also, it's only to check for airflow, you can hand it off to anybody right afterwards, if indeed we need one(could be we have more people capable of calling light magically)


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Here Ro, let me take the light. You keep your hands free for that which I cannot do. Gwydd says, taking the torch from the other bard. He holds it aloft, casting light about.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

To clarify something I posted above, the Goblins camp out appears to be days old now. The Goblins that were chased off never came back here or at least there is no evidence that they did.

The southern tunnels after 30' run east and west away from one another. There is a slight flicker of airflow from the western tunnel. The Godtouched explore the eastern tunnel first to ensure that no two front fighting that Drasven warned of is encountered. After approximately 400' the tunnel collapses completely. It would be a substantial project to dig it out, so much so that whatever villains are down here never bothered to do so.

Heading back west again after another 30' the Godtouched find a wall that was once bricked over but has been taken down to free this passage, wherever it leads to.

Drasven:
This brick work is similar to the brickwork located in the basement of the Glassworks.

Passing through the open passage it continues west with a downward slope for yet another 50'. There it takes a sharp turn north for another 100'. The cave then narrows to a passageway perhaps 5' wide. Soon enough the floor is no longer rough hewn a pattern emerges laid there intentionally . The walls while not finished have been smoothed out from the rocky passageway you passed through to arrive here. The way ahead is dark...

What do you do? Feel free to look at the map now. I have yet to place Gaven on it. Will do so soon but he will be in the back.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Feeling strangely bound to whisper, Karmid nudges Ro gently and smiles in the near-dark.

"I'm right behind you little sister. If you need to move back for protection, then just nudge me, and I'll move to cover you."

Stealth w/armor penalty: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 = 12


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Ro peers down the passage, looking for anything that would suggest a trap has been rigged to stop intruders or anything else that seems out of place.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 1 = 27

Without looking back she replies "happily" to Karmid.

Whispering back she comments "I'm really starting to doubt all this was dug out as part of the Galssworks. Since it's not completely natural cave either, I wonder how old this is? It must go back to before the Glassworks. Looks like it opens up to something bigger just ahead."

She then moves forward slowly, checking about her as she goes.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven pauses before wall, running his aged but experienced hands over it.
"I'm sure that these brick laying pattern is exactly the same as the one in the glassworks......Something doesn't feel right here."

Drasven peers into the darkness after that brief walk from the wall.
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"How old is the glassworks?", Lia muses in response to Drasven's statement:"It would seem the tunnel existed before, and was closed at the time the glassworks was built. That means whatever is beyond the wall is older. Possibly much older.", she agrees with Ro.

Reaching the patterns on the floor, with the smoothed walls, she whispers again, while gently rubbing her temples as if to massage away a headache:"The air is too ancient and heavy here. Nothing good can be in there...be careful, both of you."


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid shrugs, but scratches his chin.

"I talked to that crazy sage in town, and he believes the 'Old Light' to be some ancient Thassilonian siege weapon.
Maybe this is some sort of complex attached to that? I mean...the Thassilionians built to last, didn't they?
That means this place could be ancient...hidden under the town the entire time!"


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Thassilonian...", Lia whispers in an awed voice, running her hand along the smooth stone wall.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

"Time to do a mite bit more exploring then."


"We would do well to be very cautious. Most ancient ruins are either left undisturbed, or plundered. Neither is the case here - this area has been walled off when the glassworks were built. I assume there has been a reason for this decision...over looking for valuable ancient items. - Or powerful magical siege weaponry, for that matter-", Flutter adds, hovering near Lia, shaking the glowing ribbon on his tail :"Also, getting turned into a mockery of a firefly is humiliating."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"Thassilonian and sealed up. Great." Ro remarks dryly.

She takes an arrow and nocks it so it will be ready to pull on a moment's notice.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Gaven remains in the back with Windsight. Both silent but both ready with weapons in hand.

Ro moves forward into the darkness...

DMD ONLY:
Peception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 - Stealth 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Ro:
As you feel your way along the wall you neither see nor hear anything. To the immediate right is what appears to be a large chamber based on the changes in air pressure and the sense of looming emptiness. Do you want to push forward a bit farther?

The rest of the group waits in the light of the tunnel for Ro to return to the edge of the light. At least that is what I am assuming the rest of you are doing!


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

In this kind of situation, Karmid maintains a semi-close location to Ro compared to the group but will still keep enough distance open to allow her to work unencumbered by Karmid's mass or noise nearby...as best he can of course.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

When she realizes she is very likely at the edge of a large open area, Ro considers what to do.

It might work alright to feel along a narrow passageway, but if I try it in an open area I won't be able to make sense of anything. At best I'll be wandering randomly, and at worst I could get lost.

Instead she quietly speaks the word "valaistus" and holds out her hand palm upward. A small glowing orb emerges from her palm. She gently tosses the orb upward, as if releasing a bird to flight. Three more times she does this until four orbs of light hover in the air.

Ro mentally directs them into a line, at five foot intervals from each other. She then sends them out along the left hand wall. They move away and trace the path of the wall, showing where it leads and what is near it.

Ro watches the illuminated area of the room, her bow readied in case something in there is revealed and takes offense.

Casting Dancing Lights light globe version. Globes placed at 5' intervals in a line. Directed to follow the contour of the wall, starting on the left. Readied action with bow to shoot at revealed nasties.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Meanwhile Drasven waits, figeting as he does.

The wait is always the longest. He checks his crossbow once more.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

In case it's needed.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"Pretty!", Lia comments as Rojava calls the lights, her hand still on the wall as she absent-mindedly follows Ro and Karmid.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Ro's lights illuminate a large chamber that appears empty. Perhaps a good place for an ambush though with nowhere to flee to it would also be a place to be slaughtered by an overwhelming foe.

Ro:
You could swear you heard the sound of a door close somewhere to the north of your current position...

With no enemies in sight and bright lights ahead does the group continue forward or await Ro's signal?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid will wait for Ro's signal.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

After the light orbs have circled the cave and she's seen nothing move, Ro relaxes. But when she hears the sound from farther up the tunnel she tenses again.

A door? Maybe this place is more built up than it seems.

She quickly brings the orbs to a stationary position in the center of the cave they've just circled, so that a little indirect light leaks out the entrance to where she's standing.

Ro gestures the others forward, and when they arrive whispers to them "This is an empty room, but I heard something like a door closing farther up the tunnel."

1,301 to 1,350 of 3,942 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.