DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Branding Opportunity

Maps
Handouts


1,251 to 1,300 of 3,925 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

"Lia, stop staring at me and stop tapping your damn foot. It's irritating."


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

Actually, I have no idea what the proper english expression is. What I desired to express was not tapping feet...rather relocating weight from toes to heel and back, repeatedly, leading to gentle swaying of the rest of the body as the center of gravity balances the motion from the feet. As in, yeah, she's waiting on you, but not audibly so :)

"Ok.", Lia states, sitting down on the floor and staring at Flutter instead.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Swaying/shifting is generally considered to be left/right; rocking is usually considered to be forward/back. So 'rocking on your feet.' ;)

Windsight considers the information and suggestions and advice, grim as some of it is. "We need to set a watch, then," he says slowly. "Here. Hm. Smuggler's ... that'll be on the beach, on the old light-house side somewhere, won't it. So ... set a couple watches, here and up top, until tomorrow. Let those know who need to know, then rest up." He grimaces, and the hand not around the bow tightens in a fist. I sure wish I had that bastard here again, he thinks of Tsuto.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym, to this point, has remained primarily silent. In reality he has been praying to Shelyn for guidance and protection. The mere existence of plans to undermine Sandpoint has shaken him to his very core.

Ro, I'm scared for the town. If this is, like it seems, OUR Nualia, what other horrendous forces are there? Am I wrong to not hurt those that oppose us? Am I a liability to all of us? he whispers to Ro when they get a chance before settling in for a rest.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

Hehe. Yes, that would be rocking.

K Geography: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"Anyone ever hear of Thistletop? It sounds like that's where the goblins are coming from. I wonder if we could get a message to Shalelu? It could be helpful to know what she knows."


Flutter sits down on the door, near where Rojava is still fiddling with the keys, bringing Lia's stare with him.
I could try and reassure Gwyd...but it seems he's looking to Ro for approval. This is for those who knew Nuala to sort out.

Thanks both of you, rocking, then...i primarily know the use of the word in regards to babies or concerts ;)...TIL

Knowledge Geography: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 Nope, no idea this time...


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Without looking at Ro, Karmid answers honestly.

Knowledge(Geography): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Nope. That's not one I know of. It must be outside my normal wandering range of Sandpoint up to now.
However, I'm sure we can look it up on a map later once we are back in town."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyd thinks as Ro mentions Thistletop.
Knowledge - Geo: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13
Gwyddym Soarsong wrote:

Gwyddym, to this point, has remained primarily silent. In reality he has been praying to Shelyn for guidance and protection. The mere existence of plans to undermine Sandpoint has shaken him to his very core.

Ro, I'm scared for the town. If this is, like it seems, OUR Nualia, what other horrendous forces are there? Am I wrong to not hurt those that oppose us? Am I a liability to all of us? he whispers to Ro when they get a chance before settling in for a rest.

I'll save this for later, once we're finished with current business.


Shadow's Status

Gwydd:
The island of Thistletop sits in the Varisian Gulf off the coast of the Nettlewood.


Shadow's Status

Glassworks Basement

A23

Ro opens the door to a long tunnel leading away from the hall winding for some distance through the bedrock below Sandpoint...

You explore this further or seek to rest first?


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid scowls and speaks up.

"Let's re-lock this door for now and go back up. We need to explore it, but we've used a lot of resources today, and we should go back
in when we're all together and ready for it. No telling how far these tunnels go."

He looks at the others pointedly.

"We need to completely report what has happened to the city guard and mayor, so someone knows where we are going and why. The people are
looking for us to help lead them. We cannot do that from down there. Heck, if nothing else we need to get some arrows for Windsight's bow,
and I could use a drink..."


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

I remember some old charts in the Cathedral library. The island of Thistletop sits in the Varisian Gulf off the coast of the Nettlewood. It's as clear as the song of Shelyn in my mind. Gwyd says as he yawns a bit. On that note, I do agree with Karmid. Let's head back to the town, provide a report, and possibly restock with some things. If nothing else, I'd like to pray in the Cathedral one last time before - well - before we do anything that may take me from its halls for good.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

It looks like a consensus has emerged to recover and come back. This assumes we're doing that and I'll alter it if that turns out not to be the case.

After the door is relocked and everyone returns upstairs to leave the glassworks for now, Rojava hangs back from the others with Gwyddym. He had given her the look that meant he had something to say.

She listens as he tells her about his worries. She would put her arm over his shoulders, but he's just ridiculously tall so instead she puts it around his waist.

"Remember a couple of hours ago when a group of goblins charged down that hallway into Drasven and Xarmas? I heard what happened. It was getting really ugly, but then you broke up the group and scattered them with a sound illusion. That was brilliant. It did more to turn things around than an extra blade could. Earlier I was bleeding very badly and you fixed me.

Nobody else has the gifts you have. I can entertain people with a song. You can inspire them, make them feel like they're more than they are. While the rest of us are nose down, fighting over the ten feet of space we can reach, you can see the whole picture. You can act where it's needed before any of the rest of us know somethings wrong.

Don't ever think you're not pulling your weight. You should only pick up a weapon if that's what your heart is telling you to do. Just because we have don't think you have an obligation to do the same.

We should talk about Nualia and the fire. But right now I'm feeling overwhelmed and a little sick. Let's skip out on dinner at the cathedral and eat somewhere on our own. We can do it then."


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

@DMD: What's the approximate time of day?


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Drasven follows the rest up but he doesn't leave the glassworks at all.

There is still another task to do no matter how gruesome it was.
The body of Ameiko's father still required rites and the scales had still not being balanced on that.

He begins to slowly bring the remains of the man down, for despite his harsh words, he did not deserve his fate. Once he has done so, Drasven looks for a suitable shroud to cover the body and say a few prayers.

Knowledge (Geo) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

@Drasven..., I think the task may not be so easy- him being encased in glass may make things a bit harder.

Lia does not quite understand why people wanted to leave and rest up, when there was so much to do, but then, she often did not understand things right, and decided to simply go along with the decision. A moment later, Flutter approached her, sitting down where the Not-Lia previously had clawed into her, letting the pain flare up once again.
She smiled at her partner, gently petting him as thanks for helping her see one of the reasons for calling it a day.

Regardless, she was not tired. Lia was used to staying up late, very late, then sleeping in. And while she had remained somewhat calm, Adrenaline was still rushing through her body, preventing her from finding rest any time soon.

As such, she accompanied Drasven upstairs, trying to help him. Considering the condition Ameiko's father was in, it already proved impossible to move him down between the two of them: "Maybe they can simply take him complete with the chair and place him in the family crypt?"
Glass is incredibly heavy...I think we may need to wait for the militia to help-


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd smiles when Ro slides her arm around his waist. He drapes his over her shoulder as she finishes comforting his mind. Thanks Ro, I appreciate it, all of it. I agree, we'll go grab some dinner on our own. It's been a rough day. Possibly somewhere that has some elven ice wine? He says quietly as they walk.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:
Lia Tani wrote:
Glass is incredibly heavy...I think we may need to wait for the militia to help-

Karmid will slap his hammer into his palm and nod heavily.

"I can remove the glass. It just won't be pretty afterward. We should ask Ameiko what she would want in the end. It is her father after all.
We also need the watch to see this all, before we started mucking up the evidence against Tsuto."


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

The body of Lonjiku’s body, propped up in a chair in the central alcove and encased in thick, runny sheets of hardened glass. I thought this was the old man's final fate? Lowering him down shouln't be that hard since I don't have to carry him elsewhere?


Shadow's Status
Rojava Brishen wrote:
@DMD: What's the approximate time of day?

It is now mid-day, you started this venture early in the morning.


Shadow's Status

1d2 ⇒ 2 It takes you two hours to take him down if you do it carefully. About 20 minutes if you allow Karmid to smash all of the glass away.

Everyone give me a run down of what you want to do between noon and 2 pm in the afternoon and where you want to do it so I can ascertain what NPCs you will interact with and where you will do so.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Karmid will check on Ameiko, grab a drink, and make sure the watch is as up to date on what is going on as possible. If he has time,
Karmid will seek out and talk to Brodert Quink about these 'smuggler's tunnels' under sandpoint and this strange transformation of Nualia
from a celestial into something demonic.'


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

K Planes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Since getting the militia up to date on things seems to be covered Rojava will take the journal with her to talk to Father Zantus at the cathedral, then the mayor.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

@Drasven: I was referring to the limitation to "lift off the ground" twice your heavy load by staggering around. Drasven is strong, but there's a large, full grown man, encased in thick layers of glass. and probably not perfectly easy to pick up without cutting oneself. We are likely talking a LOT of weight here, too. Not sure if RAW, you and Karmid together could do that. But we got a ruling, there, anyway.

@DMD: Lia will help at the glassworks. If time remains or she ascertains she is useless there, she will instead check in with Ameiko, wherever she is now.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

It'll be better if I let Karmid, smash all that glass away. It'll be faster and cleaner too once we bury him.
"I'd rather not subject the child to see her father's final fate locked for all to see. I think it best if you remove the glass now." Drasven asnwers to Karmid.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

But that will heavily disfigure the body, cut into limbs, face, maybe pull an eye out or dislocate the jaw...I thought the idea was to let Ameiko say "bye" to her father once she's better? As Karmid said: "It won't be pretty afterwards"...Alas, I can't really say something: as a player, I do have an opinion, but Lia does not have a preference on how to handle it. But if we do the smashing now, I'd prefer we bury him before Ameiko returns.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Windsight pauses on the way through the glassworks after having made extra-certain - with multiple spikes, pounded in as necessary - that the downstairs door isn't going to open without the group wanting it. "Treat him with respect," he says. "He was rough, but he earned the right to be with sweat, labor, and heartache. If it takes time, it takes time - I will keep watch." And after stalking through the building to learn its layout, he gets the back door open and begins to slowly patrol, keeping his eyes and ears open - the former when outside, looking down the cliff to the beach to try to gauge changes from pass to pass, the latter especially for moving through the building upstairs and down, listening for intrusion attempts.

Rolls:

If it comes to it:

Outside Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Inside Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Aftermath

The Glassworks - Karmid, Drasven, Windsight, Lia

Karmid and Drasven begin to remove Lonjiku Kaijitsu from his glass resting place. Windsight investigates the Glassworks finding no one else alive though he finds plenty of workers who perished at the hands of the Goblins, none though as terribly as Lonjiku.

Soon enough as Lia looks on with Flutter they are close to being able to move him. As luck would have it, four members of the Garrison arrive to investigate the Glassworks having been alerted to the problems by Talene and having had those concerns confirmed by Ro who they met on the way to the scene of the crime. With the help of the Garrison members Lonjiku's body is brought down and "preserved" as best as it can be for his funeral.

Lia slips out then to find where it is that Ameiko has gotten to.

Windsight hears no sound from the basement and the Garrison take up position in the basement to guard the door that appears to lead deeper under Sandpoint than anyone had previously believed possible. Once the Militia arrives, Windsight heads outside...

The Garrison - Ro

Vachedi the jailor is the man left in charge of the Garrison while Hemlock is away to Magnimar. When Ro informs him of the incident he slams his fist on the table, "Damn! And with the Sheriff and a quarter of the Garrison gone with him and another quarter out with Shalelu poking at the tribes we are vulnerable. Ro, can you speak with Father Zantus about having some of his Clerics out on maneuver with some of the Militia? I think we need more than you brave young folk in the street now. We need to set watches and patrols and we need to get that set up to start tonight".

The Sandpoint Cathedral - Gwydd

Gwydd heads to the Cathedral and finds Talene already there speaking with Gaven Deverin Paladin of Sarenrae. They both turn to you, "Were you able to find out anything more?" Gwydd explains what transpired after Tal left and they are shocked at the extent of the danger to the city. "Father Zantus has bid me to stay by his side", Tal explains in a frustrated tone. Gaven replies, "This is a job for a sword of light and I can be that blade. It is yours if you wish to have it Gwydd". Gwydd smiles and heads to the shrine to Shelyn to pray on the matter.

The Rusty Dragon - Lia

Lia finds Ameiko "home" at the Rusry Dragon in the back room on a makeshift cot. As she enters se finds Bathana Corwin there already, "Oh Lia. You and your friends saved Ameiko, I can never repay you for that!" She is red eyed but strong now that she knows her friend will be safe.

"I can't go home Lia, not yet anyhow, no that I know that Father is... I mean we had our differences but I never..." Tears come to her eyes as Lia comforts her friend.

The Cliffs (Near the Glasworks) - Windsight

As you peer over the edge looking at the sea below you spot a group of three Goblins that seemed to have just set foot on the sand below!


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

With Vachedi
Roava nods an affirmative to Vachedi's request.

"Yeah, I'm going to the Cathedral right after this so I'll tell Father Zantus. I'll ask him to send a runner with a note to you so the two of you can start coordinating directly. I won't be coming back here myself because after I talk to Father Zantus I'm going to see the mayor."

"We will be going back to check out the tunnels under the Glassworks tomorrow as early as we can. One of the plans in the journal involves using them to infiltrate the town from below. From what Tsuto wrote, the tunnels have an exit outside the town. We might be able to block them off completely. Or, if not that, I have some ideas on how to use chokepoints in the Glassworks basement to defend that entrance. Either way I think we can shut that route down for them"

+++++++++

After leaving the garrison building Rojava hustles over to the Cathedral. Before she goes to find Zantus though she stops by her room for a check. She knows better than to really hope she'll find Francesca's stuff still there, but she can't help it. Like she expected, the room is empty except for her few things.

I can't be surprised. I could tell this would happen when Fran started mentioning a quick check in with the parents to make sure all was well. As soon as we started looking for a place, that's what was on her mind. I'll never be able to compete with them. So, that's going to have to be it. I won't expect anything from family anymore. Chapter closed.

I can't stay here though. After today the idea makes me feel ill. I've already told Zantus I'm going anyway. It'll have to be the cheap apartment and a job with Volioker if he'll give one to me.

Ro takes a few minutes to gather up her things, putting the important, must have items in her pack. The rest goes in a sack on her bed for her to pick up later. There isn't much to come back for later anyway, a few books and some spare clothes is most of it.

As Rojava goes looking for Father Zantus she thinks over the three main topics to cover. First she has to fill him in on the solution to he mystery around Father Tobyn's remains, and Nualia being alive. Second she needs to find out all she can from him about fighting demons. Third, Vachedi's request for help with patrols.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"But...you are home. The Rusty Dragon is YOUR home.", Lia smiles as she holds Ameiko's head with one hand, the other following the flow of her hair repeatedly:"You rest, and find yourself again. We'll prepare everything for saying bye to your father. Your Half-Brother is with the militia. If you have any more questions or things you want to tell him, you should probably also do so soon...". For a moment, Lia spaces out, then continues, as if she had suddenly remembered something:"I also don't think your kid sister Yuki will stay in Magnimar now that nobody forces her to. You'll be the only one she has left, but you will be strong for each other. I know you can be!"
With the hand stroking Ameiko's head, Lia points at Bethana, towards where she suspects the Cathedral, herself, then rotates her hand covering most of Sandpoint:"We're all here for you if you need someone to talk, or lean on. You know, people don't come to the Rusty Dragon to spend their time because the beer is so tasty. It kind of sucks, to be honest. They come for the company, and for you. You are a pillar of our community, and we'll help fix you up in any way we can!"


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Need 3 things: range to targets, their origin, and direction of their travel - how far away are they, where are they coming from, and where does it look like they're headed? If they're approaching, Windsight will bide his time for a few moments, letting them get closer; if they're heading for the garbage pile (not sure if he can see that from where he is), that's one thing, but if they're heading for somewhere - anywhere! - else, that's another.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd heads to the shrine to Shelyn and kneels before the simple altar. With a quick prayer he rises and begins to dance, slowly at first, to a song no one can hear. With time, his movements grow larger, and faster. He loses his mind to everything but his dance and the song ringing silently in his head. He whirls through the shrine, eyes closed to the world but his steps taking him by every obstacle. In a matter of minutes, he slows, and sinks to the ground with narrow trails of tears leaking from the corners of his eyes.

Shelyn, guide your son. Help me find in myself the strength that you have. Guide me when it is dark, comfort me when I am broken, and warm me when it is cold. I fear that Sandpoint is threatened with something too large for me to stem alone. With my friends and fellow Godtouched, we may be able to help, but not without your guiding influence. He says quietly as he resumes his kneeling position at Shelyn's altar. A few contemplative minutes later, he makes his way back through the Cathedral to find Gaven.

Gaven, if Sarenrae wills your blade to defend this town, then we will take the benefit of your service. Please, work with Father Zantus and the clerics to figure out the best way to keep this town safe. There is much we need to do to safeguard these good people. he ways with a sense of finality.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

I think Ro has more bullet points on her to-do list than anyone else. So she doesn't drag things out for the others I'll add some Zantus stuff. If you'd like to fold that into the next update it could bring her closer to finishing in the same number of updates as everyone else. If you you don't, it can sit until you're ready for it.

When Rojava tracks down Father Zantus at the Cathedral, she asks him for a few minutes to talk in private. When he's ready, she pushes Tsuto's journal on him, showing him the relevant parts to read.

"In his entries Father Zantus Sir, he mentions a quasit. That's a minor demon right? It may be in the tunnels below the glassworks when we go back tomorrow. Can you tell me anything that might be useful if there's a fight? Things to guard against, weaknesses of demons, those kinds of things?"

"As you can see from the pictures, Nualia is alive. This doesn't explain how, or where she's been for all these years, but Tsuto is pretty clear about her having a connection to Lamashtu now, and burning Father Tobyn's bones as a sacrifice to her. He's saying she's attempting to transform herself. Do you have an idea of what Nualia might be trying to do?"

"He also talks about her releasing and controlling a Malfeshnekor. Do you recognize the word? Is that a kind of demon, or a name?"

After Father Zantus is finished with the journal, Ro takes it back. When the discussion of the journal and its contents is finished, she delivers Vachedi's request for the clerics at the cathedral to help stiffen watch patrols.

"The sheriff isn't due back for a while, and the militia is at about half strength right now. They can use all the help they can get. I will be going to see the mayor as soon as I leave here, but I told Vachedi I would ask if you could send someone to the garrison with a note letting him know what you can do"


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

It ay not seem as much but Drasven with help manages to accomplish the following;
- Removing Lonjiku Kaijitsu from his glass coffin.
- Gathering the dead bodies of the workers.
- Saying prayers over all of them to prepare them for burial.
- With the aid of the local militia, he identifies each of them and
- places them within a shroud or which ever material he can find to cover the bodies, leaving on the heads uncovered for identification.
- Place notes of those identified.
- Send word to Father Zantrus about the need to conduct last rites for the fallen and also about burial.....

It was a long day and there were still other things to do as well.


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13
Drasven Hammers wrote:

It ay not seem as much but Drasven with help manages to accomplish the following;

- Removing Lonjiku Kaijitsu from his glass coffin.
- Gathering the dead bodies of the workers.
- Saying prayers over all of them to prepare them for burial.
- With the aid of the local militia, he identifies each of them and
- places them within a shroud or which ever material he can find to cover the bodies, leaving on the heads uncovered for identification.
- Place notes of those identified.
- Send word to Father Zantrus about the need to conduct last rites for the fallen and also about burial.....

It was a long day and there were still other things to do as well.

Ah, I didn't mean literally doing more stuff within the time that passes. I meant doing more things that might require a post from the DM. I was trying to streamline the downtime before returning to the tunnels.


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

Did I have time to query the town sage, Brodert Quink, before we go spelunking?


Shadow's Status
Windsight wrote:
Need 3 things: range to targets, their origin, and direction of their travel - how far away are they, where are they coming from, and where does it look like they're headed? If they're approaching, Windsight will bide his time for a few moments, letting them get closer; if they're heading for the garbage pile (not sure if he can see that from where he is), that's one thing, but if they're heading for somewhere - anywhere! - else, that's another.

That's about a 50' drop here. Likely the Goblins did not know that if they ran south they could get to the beach near the docks. You believe that these may well be Goblins you were battling that fled instead of fighting. It probably took them this long to get down there considering how dangerous the climb is and the fact that they had no gear. Where they would go from here you cannot be sure... Junk beach is on the other side, you are looking down by building 9 on the map. The Old Light House bars their way north. It is likely they are trying to figure out how to get away unseen as you cut off their escape route...


Shadow's Status
Karmid Groundbreaker wrote:
Did I have time to query the town sage, Brodert Quink, before we go spelunking?

No, not yet. Karmid and Drasven might well be called upon by Windsight here so I did not want to move forward with their actions quite yet. No one else is close enough to help any longer without Windsight possibly losing sight of the Goblins.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

Oh Are we to have a shooting compettion then? I concede lol


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Shoanti-bred instinct - the desire to, as he's told the others so very recently, ensure that no enemy is left alive behind you - screams at Hudok Tamiirrik to take the shots, to slay the three goblins that are so clearly trying to figure out how to get the hell away from the town without being spotted. But spotted they were, and a spotted enemy who hasn't seen you yet, one trying to escape to return to a stronghold you haven't located yet, is the thinking warrior-scout's gods-given gift.

Windsight steps back slightly from the edge of the cliff, enough to keep an eye on the goblins, but with luck not enough for the goblins to be able to spot his head jutting up over the edge of the cliff in turn. The question that sits in his mind is simple: How do I follow these three without walking into an ambush? The goblins assaulting the town may have been manic, but they'd been handleable with his companions; the ones inside the glassworks had been fish in a barrel, the Shoanti's ankle-twist when he dropped the only twinge he'd taken. The bow he's borrowed from the sheriff's office made staking the big-headed psychopaths almost easy, so he could eliminate them here, now, and probably on his own, even at this range.

But that wouldn't get him - them, the Godtouched - any closer to the hopeful goal of eliminating the long-term threat these things were clearly presenting. And if they were this supposedly-dead woman's minions, as the half-elf's diary seemed to suggest, if they're fleeing ... then following their trail might be the best way, maybe the only way, to discover where whatever-her-name is, even if the goblins' return might give the woman information on the forces opposing her ...

Hm. A trail.

If one or two of them are wounded, and hence bleeding - not enough to bleed out, but enough to leave a trail of blood - then it might be possible to follow them back to their lair, even if a couple of days pass. Well, so long as it doesn't rain, he adds to himself, drawing two arrows from his thigh-quiver.

The Perfect Shot:
Windsight wants to make sure he hits, so I'll be using Perfect Strike for the first shot of two. Each shot will be at a different goblin; I do NOT want to kill them, only wound. Range increment is 110', so they should still be well within the first increment; don't get point-blank, but won't be using Deadly Aim.
Shot #1.1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Shot #1.2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
.... yeesh!! I think that misses cleanly, but at least the Perfect Strike means I can avoid the critical miss.

Shot #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Yay - that should hit, but that shouldn't kill.

The plan going ahead from here is to shoot to miss every couple of rounds - basically 'shoot / move / move / move' as necessary, to push the goblins into swimming the hundred feet or so around the Old Light.

If Windsight spots Karmid going to or into Brodert Quink's place (#8), and he's within shouting distance (he should be), he'll shout to call Karmid's attention to the goblin's presence, ask him to stand watch at the top of the cliff, then run around the ravine in order to get back to the top of the cliff and to talk with Karmid. He would then explain his idea/plan, and make sure that both a) the goblins don't get up into town, but also b) they don't get killed before they can 'daringly escape'. Windsight might shoot once or twice near them while they're in the water, just to 'keep the skeer on 'em', as Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest would say.

Once they're on the Chopper's Isle / Junk Beach side, Windsight will begin shooting again every other round, this time to hit one of the two uninjured ones; not killing it would be preferable, but with one of them hit, it'd be just as good if the second were slain. He'd follow them, shooting to miss every other round, and by preference ask Karmid to run ahead to the northern gate to make sure the guards there don't kill the goblins, just pepper near them with arrows now and then, to chase them out of town and give them a blood trail to follow in the next couple/three days.


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Aftermath

The Glassworks - Karmid & Windsight

Karmid, as you exit the Glassworks you see Windsight firing off of the cliff! Go ahead and read the spoiler from Windsight above.

Karmid - Windsight:
The arrow strikes and has the desired effect. The Goblins begin to scramble north towards the Old Light!

-----

Drasven

The process of sorting and caring for the dead is time consuming to say the least. The Militia knows some of these men and they are effected adversely by these deaths. Your presence there is a light in the darkness for them. Despite the fact that you have just arrived, you have earned the respect of these humans. You send one out as a runner to Father Zantus.

Some time later, another member of the Clergy, Sister Lily of Sarenrae arrives to assist you.

You hear some commotion outside as it seems that the rumors of the massacre has brought some townsfolk by to investigate. One of the Militia men heads outside to handle the crowd.

This will take you into the early evening.

-----

Lia

Ameiko hugs Lia, "Thank you Lia, you are... just wonderful. Well except for your opinion of my beer, I mean I barely add any water at all to it", she has the flicker of a smile briefly before the melancholy once again takes her again.

"I just cannot believe my Father is gone, I mean we have not really gotten long in quite some time but this is... this is", she shudders and pauses for a few minutes.

"That is true. Having my sister here would be great, she can help in the kitchen among other things around here. Maybe I should just sell the Glassworks and his house. Or should I raze the Glassworks for the ground? I could not bear to look at it everyday after knowing what happened there..."

"What do you think will happen to my half-brother?"


Male NG Human (Shoanti)
Level 5 Ranger | HP 47/53 :
AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | F +6 R +6 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +10 | CMB +10 | CMD 21 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest )/Enemy(Giants+2/Undead+4) |
Temp:

I'm in! =) Just let me know if I need to roll anything!


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Aftermath

Ro

It seems that Fran has indeed fled the coop. There is a letter from her sitting on your pillow.

Ro:
"Dearest Ro: As much as I wish to stay with you and reconnect this is a wide world and I need to see more of it. I will head back to Magnimar with a caravan leaving this morning. My advice to you. Get out of here! Come to Magnimar and live. Really live with me!"

Ro then seeks out Father Zantus.

”Indeed, a Quasit is a minor demon. Though minor it can resist most weapon types and has immunities especially to electricity though it is unlikely to challenge you directly in combat”. He pauses.

”The fact that Nualia is alive is troubling indeed. If she is down there, perhaps capturing her is a possibility, after all she grew up among Desna’s teachings all hope may not be lost for her. However, Lamashtu’s worshippers seek to transform themselves through deformities, scarring, and mutilation seeking to destroy traditional beauty as it were.

Malfeshnekor is not a type of demon I have ever heard of it may well be a name of just such a creature.
Indeed, I will tell some of the senior Clergy to take rotations with the Militia I can have Brother Diraf coordinate that.

If you are all going to go back down there I will not forbid it but I would advise against it. We have captured Tsuto and can now take plans to stop any invasion. If you and the Godtouched leave you dilute the strength we have here. Wait for Sheriff Hemlock to return with more forces from Magnimar. Then go in force”.

As you are about to leave Father Zantus states, ”Also, Sister Thea mentioned that Rynshinn was here looking for you this morning”.

-----

Gwydd

Gaven places a hand on your shoulder, "My friend. I have spoken with Father Zantus who has spoken to Ro. He has given me leave to travel with you Godtouched into these dark places. The Clergy will not go as they will be needed here in case this large attack proposed by this Tsuto and his foul allies takes place".

He holds and awaits a reply.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwyddym grasps Gaven's forearm. Gaven, I would be pleased to have your sword at my side when we plumb the depths of the dark places. You know my distaste and lack of skill with combat. Having another with the gift will be welcome, as will Sarenrae's light. Shelyn bless you, brother. he says firmly.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 5 | HP: 54/54 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +6 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +2 | Will: +7| CMB: +6 | CMD: 17 | D.Longaxe: +6;1d12+4| L.xBow:+5;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day| Fervor 2d6 5/day|
Skills:
Acro: +1| Appraise:+6| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +8,7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -1| Survival: +8| Swim: +1|

So much death Drasven decides. He had but just arrived in this town and already he had seen more deaths then the time he spent travelling.

The men were good but when some of them grieved upon seeing kinsman, who could blame them? He was never good in speaking in public but giving eulogies and comforting the bereaved was part and parcel of his duties. TO the fallen, he gives them their last rites. To the grieving living, he offers words of comfort. There wasn't anything more to do.

The arrrival of Sister Lily of Sarenrae helps to ease the burden and Drasven is thankful for her arrival.
"My thanks on coming to lend your aid. I fear that I may not have done enough and that is poor enough a git for all those tragic deaths."

He works long and hard and by the time he realises what the time is, it's already evening and it seems that perhaps there are other more pressing matters such as outside............


Human Bard (Archaeologist) 4 / Inquisitor 1 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 18 (T: 13, F: 15) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 (+6 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30' | Luck: 12/13

After talking with Father Zantus, Ro changes her mind about leaving the sack with the rest of her things behind. It would just be one more loose end to tie up later. She takes it with her as she leaves for City Hall.

When she gets in the see Mayor Deverin she shows her the relevant portions of Tsuto's journal and fills her in on events and plans just as she did at the Garrison and the Cathedral.The only difference is Ro amends "will be going" to "may be going" tomorrow when talking about a foray into the tunnels under the Glassworks.

She had told Father Zantus she would pass along his recommendation of waiting to the others. Although she doesn't expect it will change anyone's thinking on the subject, she figures it's better to to leave the question open with the mayor than to predict incorrectly.

With everyone filled in on what's happening, Rojava decides to take a few minutes of downtime. She stops into Cracktooth's Tavern for a quick and peaceful drink. While she's sitting there, she digs out the letter she had crumpled up and stuck in her pocket. She takes it from the envelope and reads it through. She can't help but smile a little at how even the people you know best can surprise you. Maybe later Fran, I'm oddly busy right now.

As she finishes off her applejack, Rojava reprioritizes a little. She needs to go by the locksmith's and try to get a set of tools. But she doesn't have the energy for it right now, and Volioker tends to be in a better mood earlier in the day. It could wait until tomorrow morning.

She also considers going to check in on Ameiko. But Ro knows she would be well taken care of, and she might want some time and space on her own anyway. That would wait until tomorrow as well.

Knowing that Rynn had come by looking for her also helps her excuse downgrading the other things. She was planning on going to Vernah's already, and would have to find Gwydd before dinner. Vernah's will be the next stop.

Ro gathers up her things and walks the rest of the way down the hill to Vernah's and knocks on the door.

Hopefully Rynn won't mind if I stay here tonight. I won't have a place of my own until tomorrow at the soonest.


Female Human Arcanist 5 | Arcane Pool 5/8 | Hero Points 3/3 | HP: 26/35 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +6 | M.,Atk: 1 R.Atk 5 | CMB: 1, CMD: 14 | Init: +3, Perception: +3

"It was a sudden death. Unexpected. That blurs reality. The mansion? The Glassworks? There is no need for rashness, no matter what others tell you. You can wait with making a decision, as long as it takes, years, decades, even. You may not bear to look at it now, and prefer to raze it down. In years to come, you could welcome the chance to walk in the familiar halls of your childhood. Or you can still raze them. There's paths we take that are final, and others that leave us options. When in doubt, walk on the path that does not depend on looking back in 10 years and deciding you guessed right. Regarding your brother...most of the paths I see for him are final, as well. He may stay, be sentenced, and die. He may try to flee and die. He may flee and we all die. He may live, you two may make your peace, but chances of that happening are slim. You did not need me to tell you that, you simply wanted to hear it from someone else." Lia stares at Ameikos eyes:"The true nature of a place or person shows when fate lashes out at them. When the church was burned down, Sandpoint did not turn their back to the 6. They built a new and better Cathedral. And the Gods sent those they marked to be here, to fulfill a destiny. We were here during the Goblin Raid, we were there to save you, because you still have a role to play in the grand scheme of things, and us Godsmarked will leave soon, to unveil whats behind your brothers scheme, and yet behind that. There are forces at work older than Sandpoint, and we all are but pawns in their game...but free-willed ones, and as such, able to choose our destiny and the impact we make on it...these words may be of little help now, but remember them in the months to come, when you need to decide on a truth to belief in, a reality to make true for you and those depending on you."


Shadow's Status

Sandpoint - Aftermath

---
Windsight & Karmid

All went as planned. You have moved them off to the north away from the town proper and have plenty of blood trails to follow in the coming days...

---

Karmid

Once you and Windsight herd the little monsters to the north the Shoanti Ranger breaks away from the Shoanti Monk to seek out the Varisian Sage.

Quink greets Karmid with a smile, "Young Karmid, what can I do for you?"

After you ask your questions.

He runs his fingers alongside his chin in thought.

"Interesting. As you may know my research has led me to believe that the Old Light was once a war machine capable of spewing fire to an incredible range. This complex you have located may well contain the secrets of the Old Light. Quite possibly these ruins could be as old as Thassilonian!

"If you explore them look for any ancient manuscripts. I would pay handsomely for any you can bring ack to me as intact as possible".

"As far as Nualia goes, that is shocking news indeed. If she follows Lamashtu she has fallen a long way from the teachings of her adoptive father. While this sort of occurrence is not my specialty, I would speculate that she is attempting to transform into something not only more pleasing to her new mistress but something more dangerous as well. If it is indeed her, I would ask Father Zantus to provide you with aligned weapons and plenty of holy water!"

---

Lia

Ameiko smiles, "You are right. I do not need to worry about these things right now. I think I'll get some rest now and give some more thought to them in the morning..."

Where to now?

---

Drasven & Windsight

As Drasven exits the Glassworks by the back door to watch the sun set. DRasven sees Windsight peering out to the northwest off of the cliffs. His quiver damn near empty! Windsight nods seemingly satisfied.

Windsight turns and sees you...

---

Gwydd

Gaven grins, "Excellent, I will prepare to go as early as tomorrow".

Where to now?

---

Ro

You knock on the door of Vernah's, Rynn opens the door and flings her arms around you, "By the Gods Ro, you are ok!"


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd heads back towards his room. Passing a few of the clergy milling about the Cathedral he pulls one of them aside.

If you see the Godtouched Ro, could you let her know she just needs to get me from my room for dinner when she's ready? Thanks!

1,251 to 1,300 of 3,925 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.