Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


6,501 to 6,550 of 14,076 << first < prev | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | next > last >>

Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

At The Run Aground...

What's up with that Dragoon Sergeant? D-something, Roland didn't like him...

At Jaspar Jak's...

The lady tells me, you need to take measurements and a lot of fancy stuff. I just need a mithral breastplate. Nothing fancy. I figured you just wanted some time with her. Got anything that fits the bill?


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

@Astrianna's query:
"There's a pirate captain who has habitually robbed the rich to fill the coffers of the needy. He's recently been charged with the murder of his crew... I knew him. His name is Falken Drongo... though I haven't the foggiest where he'd be right now. It's just something to keep an ear out for."
---

She clears her throat uncomfortably at the mention of fine dining.
"I.. haven't the clothes for it. If I am to accompany you on this venture, I need to purchase better dress."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Chell, Cireladwen, will you join us?

"Only long enough to eat and take care of Donovan's wounds from yesterday."

Baldwin wrote:
The Kracken Gullet's Dress Code: The Gullet maintains a strict dress code for its common room, and they allow no riffraff in smelly leather or metal armor past the door. A patrol of Dragoons is always present outside the Gullet to see that the code is enforced. This is known information to you all by this point.

"If that is the case I will pass. I certainly don't have the clothes and I would rather keep my armor on at all times all things considered. I still need boots though so I can go with you and Cir-el...I am sorry I still can't pronounce that...to get clothes."

Chell then goes to the chapterhouse to get the wand and to talk to Zalen. The first bit is easy enough, a recap of the events yesterday and asking him about options for the slaves. The next bit, not so much. [b]"Sir. If you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about Donovan and...have you ever said I forgive you? I know it seems strange to ask and out of the blue but the others are concerned over his drinking enough to concern me. An it seems to come from the guilt of what happened with the Wave Riders. I understand if you don't want to talk about it though."

Then if I have the time, scrolls. Need a budget before I get started.


Evil GM

Astri you will be able to sell your loot for the normal rate (50%)

If you are looking for specific items let me know and I can see if they are on hand or if they can be gotten.

@Sorrin:

Jaspar has a Mithral breast plate on hand that you can purchase.

@Sorrin - Run Aground

"Sergeant? Oh, yeah well, not sure why Roland did not like him. That's was Sgt. Darenar...he's good at dice and in my drunken foolishness, he bested me." He leaves it at that and changes subjects.

"You all did good work yesterday...I haven't seen that type of work in five years. I could be available to Captain a ship, but not if you go running off on your own jeopardizing the others."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

More clothes? But I just got my stuff cleaned!


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Gotta wait for my cut. Price should be 4200 gp, +1000 gp if enchanted? Probably can't afford it this go... But, it's critical to survival.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

I want to buy a heavy wooden shield and sell my +1 boarding pike. Seems a silly addition now.


Evil GM

Luckily Astri knows just where to buy fine clothing - Dontorian's Haberdashery


Evil GM
Chell Silves wrote:
I want to buy a heavy wooden shield and sell my +1 boarding pike. Seems a silly addition now.

That won't be a problem. Std price of the shield, and std sale price.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen will purchase a courtier's outfit and some nice jewelry, then. :) If that's okay.


Cireladwen wrote:
Cireladwen will purchase a courtier's outfit and some nice jewelry, then. :) If that's okay.

"Yes, this fits you splendidly, just a few slight alterations, this necklace and earrings will set off your eyes."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue looks around and picks a few thing. I like this hat! Yes! Maybe get my mustache waxed. I'm sure this book will make me looks smart.

What do you think?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps
baldwin the merciful wrote:
"You all did good work yesterday...I haven't seen that type of work in five years. I could be available to Captain a ship, but not if you go running off on your own jeopardizing the others."

Assuming some privacy:

Am I the only one that puts up with you, or something? Second time you said that. I've explained it was a ploy... take it or leave it on that matter.

You've been good to me, educated and enlightened me some. I'm guessing you're hard on me because you like me in a fatherly sorta way. I think you're a good father and Jenkie's lucky. And, you're lucky to have him.

Sorrin gets silent.

I miss my father, and mother and sister... I'm no quitter, no runner. It's not in me, and you can look for it all you want.

But, back home... they came after me, killed people because of me. I was young and I ran so the killing would stop. I had to let a very bad man take over The Tribes, hurt the people I loved so he wouldn't kill them. I lay awake at night wondering if it was a mistake, if i should have died trying...

He shrugs to nobody.

That's why I'm going to... never mind, you don't care. If you like Astrianna so much, why bother talking to me? I'm just the idiot coward who's too nice to people who don't care for his help.

I'll cry about it later, first I need to go to that stupid Kraken's Gullet... disgusting name. Your Astrianna's the Belle of the Ball. Then I need to get Garreg. He's been beating on Roland's sister, poor kid is messed in the head. Roland might act out and lose his cool, if I don't take care of it soon.

Sorrin takes a big bite, chewing.

About the captaining of a ship thing, what did you have in mind? Who would you work for? And, why would you be doing it?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Kinda drunk. Too many martinis. Will check inebriated math in the morning.

Things to sell, everything on the boat getting HAWKED. If anyone wants any of this stuff better say.:

2 Msw longsword
2 Msw rapiers
3 Msw short swords
2 Msw light xbow
1 Msw longbow
3 Compound bow 14 str
1 +2 compound bow 18 str
7 msw studded leather
1 +2 shadow studded leather armor
55 arrows
5 Diamond chips
10 Sacks of 500gp
25 Obisidan statuettes of strange beasts
1 Ornate mechanical clock
1 Set of fine china
1 Exquisite silverware
1 Coinage (298.09gp)

Total sell price/worth: 19661.09 gp

Group purchases. subtracted from group loot

1 Wand of lesser restoration (25 charges, 2,250gp)

Total split among party: 17411 gp

Cut for everyone- 2901.85gp

Repeat: Everyone's cut is 2901.85gp.

Chell, the 25 charge wand of lesser restoration goes to you. Use it with all your wisdom score has to offer.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

True to her form, Astrianna immediately spends all of her acquired money the moment it's in her hands.

She slides multiple, fat bags of gold to Jasper for the completion of her custom mithril breastplate she had requested a few days prior.

3,400 gp towards the breastplate, she put 1,000 gp down on it before for a total of 4,400gp. Baldwin, I know you said items on order were completed, but Jasper said it would take 3-4 days for it to be completed and just want to make sure if it's done or not. It better have some songbirds on it, damnit.

If it is completed, she will trade-in her current +1 studded leather armor for a sell price of 512.5 gp


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen smiles blankly at Torgue, unsure as to how to respond honestly without breaking his poor little heart. He looks... a little silly, to be honest.
Then again... Looking at herself, even as she puts on the studded seashell necklace and earrings, doesn't make her feel like she has the right to judge.

How can something with a veil even have eyes to bring out?! Well, it is a loose mesh, but...


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri decides upon which of her fancy dresses to wear and opts for the slightly less formal of the two since the other is more of a ball gown. She fishes around in her bad and makes sure she still has her set of emerald and dark gold jewelry to wear with it.

This dress, but in emerald green instead of plum.

I also need to look over my spell list for the day. I was also like to shop around later for some scroll if anyone has any suggestions on other usefull spells to learn.

Oh, and I want some more alchemist fire and flasks of acid. and some solvent.
You never know when they are usefull. Can I find any?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps
baldwin the merciful wrote:
@Sorrin: Jaspar has a Mithral breast plate on hand that you can purchase.

Mundane or enchanted +1?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
Cireladwen wrote:

@Astrianna's query:

"There's a pirate captain who has habitually robbed the rich to fill the coffers of the needy. He's recently been charged with the murder of his crew... I knew him. His name is Falken Drongo... though I haven't the foggiest where he'd be right now. It's just something to keep an ear out for."

Astrianna stops, extremely surprised. "You knew Falken Drongo? Well, I last saw him a week ago, actually. He was about to hang for his supposed crimes when he dramatically escaped from the dragoons and lept into the sea. Haven't heard anything about him since."

She ponders for a moment. "His ship, the Nightslink, where the massacre is said to have taken place, is supposedly beached down the coast south of Shaw. Both Embrianna and myself have been interested in investigating what happened, and I would like to recover the cargo."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna will make the following purchases if she can get them-

Wrist sheath 1gp

5 sheets of parchment 1 gp

5 sheets of paper 2 gp


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Cireladwen wrote:

@Astrianna's query:

"There's a pirate captain who has habitually robbed the rich to fill the coffers of the needy. He's recently been charged with the murder of his crew... I knew him. His name is Falken Drongo... though I haven't the foggiest where he'd be right now. It's just something to keep an ear out for."

Astrianna stops, extremely surprised. "You knew Falken Drongo? Well, I last saw him a week ago, actually. He was about to hang for his supposed crimes when he dramatically escaped from the dragoons and lept into the sea. Haven't heard anything about him since."

She ponders for a moment. "His ship, the Nightslink, where the massacre is said to have taken place, is supposedly beached down the coast south of Shaw. Both Embrianna and myself have been interested in investigating what happened, and I would like to recover the cargo."

"Ah. Well, when that occurs, please let me know. I would go with you."


Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
@Sorrin: Jaspar has a Mithral breast plate on hand that you can purchase.
Mundane or enchanted +1?

I'll make it +1 to keep the story moving.

Astri when you show up at Jaspar Jak's, he smiles as he sorts through the loot. "Umph...mmm...hmmmmmm." Seems to be his comment of the day. His hands deftly sort and arrange items, he occasionally stops to log things in ledger.

I did not do the math, so I trust your numbers are correct Astri.

He grins when Astri covers the cost of her armor, "So I bet ya wants me to git workin' on th't armor." He brushes his red beard. "Ya know, let me see ya measurements again." His calloused work over Astri's upper body and he palms your butt. "Yeah...I think'll fit nicely." He stops and goes back to his room, then comes back out with Astri's completed armor. "Me hands have memory....and well, I figured you'd be back wit' payment, so I work'd on it." He shows Astri before he begins to put it on her.


Evil GM
Torque2 wrote:

Torgue looks around and picks a few thing. I like this hat! Yes! Maybe get my mustache waxed. I'm sure this book will make me looks smart.

What do you think?

Excellent!


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:


I also need to look over my spell list for the day. I was also like to shop around later for some scroll if anyone has any suggestions on other usefull spells to learn.

Oh, and I want some more alchemist fire and flasks of acid. and some solvent.
You never know when they are usefull. Can I find any?

Let me know what scrolls. yes the alch fire and flask of acid are available.

alch fire , avail: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
acid avail: 1d12 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Character sheet updated.

After a productive day of scribing important scrolls, shopping for useful items, and seeing to the rescues, Chell then goes to the chapterhouse to get the wand, drop off the scroll of Remove Disease, and to talk to Zalen. The first bit is easy enough, a recap of the events yesterday and asking him about options for the slaves. The next bit, not so much. "Sir. If you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about Donovan and...have you ever said I forgive you? I know it seems strange to ask and out of the blue but the others are concerned over his drinking enough to concern me. An it seems to come from the guilt of what happened with the Wave Riders. I understand if you don't want to talk about it though."

At some point she also finds Astrianna, "Here," she says, handing over a scroll to her. "This is the scroll I promised Bonaduce. I don't plan to go because of all the Kraken...stuff, but give him this and my regards. I hope it gets put to good use, or at least use at all. I am not so sure anymore."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

With the ship not sold, Sorrin is short funds.

He admires the beastplate, the workmanship.

Mr. Jasper... seems I'm short on funds... I'll have to see a money-lender unless you'd consider a note with say, 5% interest on the entire purchase price. Which would be about 15% on the money owed or 1/3 the nill. It'll take about a week to 10 days.

Willing to sign a contract . There is going to be more where this all came from. If not, O can go borrow some elsewhere.


Jaspar growls at that thought of loaning money. "Sometimes custom'rs 'ave lobster taste but only shrimp budgets. Ain't inclined to loan money." He scrunches his brow.

I beleive Astri or STR Ranger tried that with him in the past.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin smiles.

I totally understand, Jasper. Where are those moneylenders? If you don't want the extra 260gp, that's fine.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
Jaspar Jak's wrote:


Astri when you show up at Jaspar Jak's, he smiles as he sorts through the loot. "Umph...mmm...hmmmmmm." Seems to be his comment of the day. His hands deftly sort and arrange items, he occasionally stops to log things in ledger.

He grins when Astri covers the cost of her armor, "So I bet ya wants me to git workin' on th't armor." He brushes his red beard. "Ya know, let me see ya measurements again." His calloused work over Astri's upper body and he palms your butt. "Yeah...I think'll fit nicely." He stops and goes back to his room, then comes back out with Astri's completed armor. "Me hands have memory....and well, I figured you'd be back wit' payment, so I work'd on it." He shows Astri before he begins to put it on her.

Astrianna helps the dwarf sort through the loot, identifying each item and giving approximate quotes. Not so much that the dwarf needed the assistance, but to show she knows her stuff.

She crosses her arms over her chest and raises an eyebrow as he requests to see measurements again, but ends up laughing when her butt gets palmed. "Hm yes... I do believe my ass hasn't gotten bigger in the past three days."

The half-elf gasps in surprise and delight when he comes back with the completed mithral breasplate, and she eagerly takes it into her hands, holding it by the shoulder straps and inspecting the fresh, shiny light-blue metal. "Yes! You were working on it the whole time! It's beautiful! Ah, no, it's perfect! I love it. I simply must try it on."

She quickly removes her armor and slides into the new breastplate, flexing and turning this way and that, amazed at how light and flexible it is. She jumps, flexes, shadowfences, and is even confident it is sea-worthy. "Jasper, this is a masterpiece. You know, yesterday a smuggler put a blade right between my ribs, even came out the other side. This beauty would have definitely stopped it. I'll have to give it a name... or perhaps it shall earn one."

Astrianna will go ahead and sell her +1 studded leather for 512.5gp

The bard regards Sorrin. "You could ask one of us for some money... I wouldn't mess with the money lenders in Shaw, they have very bad reputations. How much you need? Besides, if we sell the ship that gold will probably go towards the purchase of a different ship."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Or towards armor, best not to have a fancy ship and be dead. Moneylenders are just businessmen. You shouldn't worry too much, big night ahead of you.

Jasper, you know anything about the Kraken's Gullet? Disgusting name...


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna shrugs. If my money isn't good enough for him then I'm not offering again. She points to her new, shiny breastplate. "I intend on having a fancy ship and fancy armor."

"I'm guessing you've never taken out a loan from one of these "businessmen" before... They're not bronze dragons, you can't trust them with anything, and they'll end up legally robbing you blind."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

So I shouldn't use my equity in the Dragon's Tail as collateral? He chuckles.


"If ya really 'ppreciate me work, I like Tulita cigars." He casually mentions as he gnaws of the stub of one.

the locally produced Tutila cigars are 1 gp each and bundle of 10 can be purchased for 9.5 gold pieces.

High quality imported Montrose cigars go for 5sp each, and the cheaper bargained price cigars often smoked by whalers are 2 cp apiece.

You can see the Tutila cigars are coveted.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is intrigued by this prospect. It's always good to know the local luxuries to act as gifts for people, be it alcohol, smokes, or the latest alchemical treat. Besides, being on friendly terms with your smith can save your life. "Is that so? Now that I think about it, I have yet to see you without a mouthful of cigar. Where would one purchase these cigars? Native's Delight? Or do they only deal in ink?"

She recalls something, and asks another question. "The other day I heard some Tulitian names I wasn't familiar with, but wasn't in the position to ask much. Do you know of Millianuka, Mololi Ali'i, or Nakuaka? In the context of the conversation they seemed elders or leaders of the local Tulita."


Jaspar shrugs, "She's right...nasty business moneymongers be." he spits. "Most go back to Hargrove or run by 'im, 15 to 20% interest a week, so I've 'eard."

"Many a boat go missin', or cargoes stol'n, then debt come due. Your strong man, but if ya get a reputation of welching on yer debts, nobody will do bus'nes with you buyin' or sellin' and then the hits keep on comin'. Yer purty friend made a fine off'r to help." He exhales. "do yerselves a favor and stay alive, bring more stuff to sell, and I'll see 'bout extendin' a small line next time."

"But if ya must go to one, try Rosco's near Miss Molly's, 'eard he's a bit more fair. 'xcept I 'eard he was pinching heavy on some recent bad debt...nasty business."

He goes and pours himself a black stout, then offers one to each of you. He takes a long gulp before answering the question about the Kracken's Gullet. "Finest food in the city. Raogul is a genius...his meals." He touches his lips with his finger tips in a kissing fashion. "Top notch all the way, good fiddlin', and real nice inn to. I like it...go at least once a week as does anyone doin' serious business in port. Can't wear stinky armor, needs some nice garments, a properly scabbard sword with hilt tie and a dagger are permitted. Best ta keep stuff in magic bag."


Sorrin Previously with Capt donovan:

He laughs out loud at Sorrin's rant. "I don't have favorites, but you don't need to act like 2 year old still teethin' at the nip either."

He shakes his head, "I've known you for what three maybe four days, you seem good intentioned, but I really don't know you at all.You say it was a ploy but how would I really know that?" he drinks his black coffee. "Look I was once a daredevil can't miss sea captain, shyte I was captaining ships like that frigate we saw...then I, and my companions got slack, lazy, we made poor rash decisions - not unlike what I say yesterday - and the Trident was pulled under water killing a lot of people." he stares at you. "I'm willing to help a leader, a solid group that works together, I'd even risk my life for something like that, but not for rash, childish decision making." He stuffs some eggs and ham in his mouth chewing slowly.


Chell Silves wrote:

Character sheet updated.

"Sir. If you don't mind me asking, how do you feel about Donovan and...have you ever said I forgive you? I know it seems strange to ask and out of the blue but the others are concerned over his drinking enough to concern me. An it seems to come from the guilt of what happened with the Wave Riders. I understand if you don't want to talk about it though."

At some point she also finds Astrianna, "Here," she says, handing over a scroll to her. "This is the scroll I promised Bonaduce. I don't plan to go because of all the Kraken...stuff, but give him this and my regards. I hope it gets put to good use, or at least use at all. I am not so sure anymore."

Zalen is bit taken aback at the directness of Chell's statement. "I don't blame Capt. Donovan, there were plenty of mistakes that day." he thinks a bit. "Perhaps, I should take your wise advice to heart and seek him out to chat."

He smiles, "Yes I'll make sure it gets to the Commandant today."


Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Astrianna is intrigued by this prospect. It's always good to know the local luxuries to act as gifts for people, be it alcohol, smokes, or the latest alchemical treat. Besides, being on friendly terms with your smith can save your life. "Is that so? Now that I think about it, I have yet to see you without a mouthful of cigar. Where would one purchase these cigars? Native's Delight? Or do they only deal in ink?"

She recalls something, and asks another question. "The other day I heard some Tulitian names I wasn't familiar with, but wasn't in the position to ask much. Do you know of Millianuka, Mololi Ali'i, or Nakuaka? In the context of the conversation they seemed elders or leaders of the local Tulita."

"Yes...they do carry them. You can also get them at all the smoke shops around town. "The Puffing Bear" round the corner has 'em too."

'Milliauka and Mokoli Ali’i are Tutila tribal leaders who haven't yet given up the fight fer the old ways. They seek natural balance. Milliauka is an ol' shaman of some sort tries to observe the old rites. Don't know Mokoli well but he's, a young, fierce warrior of the Tulita people in whose veins run the bloodlines and mana – the spiritual energy – of great ali’i from the past, or so they say."

He scoffs before talking about, "Tulita Lodge Elder Nakuaka likes his dragonsmoke." He leaves it as that.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin Previously with Capt Donovan:
I made you laugh... When was the last time? Wait... when I jumped off the Dragon Tail, we're you laughing?

I'm having a decent conversation, I'm being mature and not bad mouthing anyone behind their back. I can't give you proof of my intention, you have look at a pattern of behavior and decide for yourself. I'm not competing with anyone, we're different animals.

He pauses.

I propose a pact, you and me. We keep eachother on the straight and narrow. You don't... you know. And I, well you decide.

And Roland says that Douche-en-ar guy framed him. Cost him his job.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
Chell Silves wrote:
At some point she also finds Astrianna, "Here," she says, handing over a scroll to her. "This is the scroll I promised Bonaduce. I don't plan to go because of all the Kraken...stuff, but give him this and my regards. I hope it gets put to good use, or at least use at all. I am not so sure anymore."

This was meant for Astrianna actually. Might make her a little more popular.

Zalen Trafalgar, Quell Cleric wrote:
Zalen is bit taken aback at the directness of Chell's statement. "I don't blame Capt. Donovan, there were plenty of mistakes that day." he thinks a bit. "Perhaps, I should take your wise advice to heart and seek him out to chat."

"I think it would go along way to know the son of one of the Wave Riders doesn't blame him. Thank you sir. Do still keep in touch with any of the others? Maybe I can convince them to help again if Harthagoa is still on the move."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I forgot to respond to Chell, sorry!

To Chell:

Astrianna puts on a slightly saddened face when Chell expresses she will not be attending the Kraken's Gullet. "Oh. That's unfortunate. I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's only a name afterall. Besides, I've only heard good things about the Gullet. What can be better than free dinner and drinks at one of the best establishments Shaw has to offer? On top of that, you'll miss the big show tonight! The Commadant is one of the best fiddlers I have ever had to pleasure of playing with, and it addens me you'll miss out on our duets. I know you're a lover of music, I heard it in your voice back at Thumb's Reach, and I'd love for there to be another in the crowd that truly appreciates my playing. Won't you reconsider?"

The prietess learns just how convincing the half-elf can be...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

At Jaspar's

Astrianna takes a drink of the black beer that Jaspar poured for them. Definitely not her style, but she's polite and drinks it slowly. It's far, far more tolerable than the fire whiskey he had her drink last she was here.

It's clear by the look on her face that she's internalizing this new and useful information. "I see. I've been meaning to speak with the Tulita spirtual leaders. I have a great interest in their culture and rites, given how steeped the area is in their religious prodigy and influence." She nods her head in understanding at his comment about the Elder. "Yes... I had heard that."

She tips back her head and downs the rest of her beer in one go using a technique she picked up in the seedier bars of Cassomir, which involves not actually tasting what you're drinking in the slightest. She places the mug back on the counter and wipes her lips with a handkerchief. Truth be told, the thick dwarven brew was a good substitute for breakfast, which she had forgotten to eat.

With that, she looks to Sorrin. "We should be off to see the harbourmaster. Jaspar, thank you for your business, and you may find yourself up a box of cigars soon... By the way, I will be fiddling at the Kraken's Gullet with Commadant Boneduece tonight after 8 o'clock if you'd like to attend- I promise it will be lovely."


"He's a fine fiddl'r, word to the wise...don't outshine 'im.


Chell Silves wrote:


"I think it would go along way to know the son of one of the Wave Riders doesn't blame him. Thank you sir. Do still keep in touch with any of the others? Maybe I can convince them to help again if Harthagoa is still on the move."

"Kracken gullet's a fine Inn, food delicious, lots of movers and shakers there. I've only been there twice once with Commandant Boneduece and once with a Korg and Captain Razor. Fun time...it can be stuffy but good in moderation. Lots of business takes place there."

He nods, "I was young when the Wave Riders hung out, but I remember being with Capt Donovan's ship the Trident. I still keep in touch of Belok Talorg, I've watched him fight in the Broken Skull a couple times and Captain Bethany Razor." He chuckles a bit, "Capt Razor's first mate, Korg, he's a minotaur, a good guy...not a Wave Rider, though. they were behind the hiring of your new friends when they went out to look at Thumb's Reach the night you stumbled on the group." He smiles. "Must be Quell's doing."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin guffaws. He brings his hands up as if holding reins, then hops around. I love to sing and prance a lot.

Nearly tearing, he turns back to Jasper. Which cigars come from Hargrove's plantation? Was the plantation always there?


Evil GM

I think I'm caught up with all the questions and conversations.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

That...does sound nice," she says hesitantly. You can tell she is seriously considering the offer. And she is fighting a loosing battle honestly. But not because of the food or the wine. Not because its free. And certainly not to rub elbows with the higher ups in Port Shaw. No, the biggest motivator was music. Chell had already been charmed by Astrianna's music and would love an encore. And it would be a great place to get information about the disappearances and gauge other problems in Port Shaw. Maybe even get more support for the Chapterhouse. This opportunity shouldn't be passed up just because she knew she would feel uncomfortable. At least Astrianna and Embianna would be there.

She sighs, dreading the prospect of putting on a dress again. They just didn't suit her. But still. "Alright. I'll go. I would like to keep the breastplate though," she says looking down at her armor. It wasn't that fancy but it did have Quell's symbol on the front, a stylized wave on a blue background. Maybe cleaned up...


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Hmm..Now that I have my hat and beard ready I have to find something else. Just what do higher up people wear? Military ? Pftt..I'd have my head on a platter if I tried that. Hmm.. Nobles?! That can do it, nobles like to dress up. Oh no, not going to wear those tights. Hmm.Aha! Robes! Kings and barons love their robes when doing parties.Hmm..Something with fur or feathers? Hmm..Hmm..

There is rustling and grunting and shuffling..

Ah! AHAHA! Yes! Perfect for some hoity-toity dinner with all that small food.
Torgue steps out of the dressing room and to his destiny!


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Hahahahha wonderful Torgue!

Jaspar Jak's wrote:
"He's a fine fiddl'r, word to the wise...don't outshine 'im.

Astrianna ponders this message, and files it away. She had hoped that Boneduece was a good sport, because she had every intention of attempting to obliterate him in front of everyone with her fiery fiddling, just for the challenge. Perhaps she shouldn't go over the top to avoid pulverizing his ego. Bruised? A light nick? Sometimes men needed their egos intact to perform well. "Hm.. noted. Thank you, Jaspar."

To Chell:

Astrianna claps her hands together excitedly when Chell agrees to come along. "That's wonderful! Well, as for the breastplate... Unless you're in the military, most proper ladies do not wear armor or weaponry to these events. They bring along men to protect them and intimidate others, instead. That's what they're for, after all. I suppose the haberdasher may be able to whip you up some stylish robes to cover it, but your clanking will likely be questioned. I say relax, we'll be surrounded by plenty of well-meaning people. I'll be taking a knife with me, but that's only for an emergency."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Oh dear Quell what have I walked in on?" Chell says arriving just as Torgue walks out of the dressing room.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

After considering, Sorrin places a sack of coin on the counter. I'd like to open an account. 2900 gold. Would you be so kind as to hold this piece for me?

Sorrin indicates the enchanted mithral breastplate. We've just become acquainted with several Tulita. You will have all the cigars you desire.

6,501 to 6,550 of 14,076 << first < prev | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.