Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


6,551 to 6,600 of 14,076 << first < prev | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | next > last >>

Evil GM

does anyone want anything else from Jaspar or any other vendor. If not, I'll move it ton to the harbormaster.

Late morning you find yourself back on the dock. Borris is busy sorting through papers on his desk when you show up. "Ah, so you decide to sell the Dragon's tail perhaps shop for something else?"


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Astrianna claps her hands together excitedly when Chell agrees to come along. "That's wonderful! Well, as for the breastplate... Unless you're in the military, most proper ladies do not wear armor or weaponry to these events. They bring along men to protect them and intimidate others, instead. That's what they're for, after all. I suppose the haberdasher may be able to whip you up some stylish robes to cover it, but your clanking will likely be questioned. I say relax, we'll be surrounded by plenty of well-meaning people. I'll be taking a knife with me, but that's only for an emergency."

"I would still feel more comfortable with it." You get the feeling it is more about emotional protection rather than physical. Ever since adopting Quell into her heart her life has been very spartan and plain. She views herself the same way and stepping out of that image makes her very uncomfortable. When she arrives at the shop where Torgue and Embrianna are getting there own clothing, she says as much to the tailor. She disappears behind a dressing room curtain for a while, while the tailor brings in different out fits. After some minutes she steps a little nervously but she puts on a brave front. "How do I look."

Will this work for The Gullet?


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Very nice. Good protection for the chest and vitals while the skirt is very pretty. Torgue keeps his brass knuckles in his pocket.

No further purchases.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Good here.

Astrianna gives Boris a thoughtful look. "It's being discussed, but a few of us are in favor of selling it. We'd like to take a tour of the ships you have for sale. depending on what we see, we may even be interested in a trade-in? I know I'd like to take a close look at the Baron, and we'd also like to look at Thunderstrike. Your expert opinion on them would be appreciated."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

I'll get a Courtier's Outfit and 50gp worth of jewelry for the Kraken which is 80gp. That should do it.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

I'm saving up for bracers... but I spent 130 altogether on the outfit. >.>
Cireladwen sits and places her feet in the ocean whilst the rest of the party speak with the harbormaster. She knows ships well enough, and can perform maintenance on whatever they end up purchasing.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Spent 75gp for a swanky noble's outfit.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Just be like Astrianna and blow all your money the moment you get it! It's the life. Next round of income, she's got some serious clothes to buy... just you wait. I also want a pair of those bracers Cir. It's next on the list.


Evil GM

Is that an armor plated skirt? Ha. YOu should be fine. I'd think you'd have at lest one more formal clergy outfit which would also pass.


Evil GM

"Ahhhh, both are fine ship, really fine. The lines of the Barron are sleek so she's fast." He pulls out some papers on both ships and leads you all back to the dock. "The Thunderstrike on the other hand lacks the speed but is bull, she can go toe to toe with most ships outside of frigate or military vessels." He walks you to the Thunderstrike first.

On board he show you around and talks price and repairs. "The Thunderstrike being sold pretty cheap an 12,000 gold but you'll need another 6,000 to repair her masts and decking, then the ballistae that's damaged another 3 thousand. More if you're in a hurry. New they run a good 25,000 gold." he mentions, "the owner was wounded and lost his soul for battle, he is getting motivated to sell....so, I suspect you can probably get her for 11,200. It's not the cost that is concern its the repair and you need a lot of bodies to crew her, supply her just to get her to sea." He looks over you trying to judge the interest. "60 bodies to man her is expensive. It takes time to put that type of crew together but there are always folks looking for venture. The Capt's former crew may be around at least a few of them."

"She has 16 large direct balistae - 8 on port and 8 on starboard but three are damaged. Two large catapults on swivel decks - one on the fore one on aft deck. they are in descent shape. She's got a decent ram that can use some fixing. Easy enough to add 2 more balistae on the each side if you want to pump up her sting some."

"Course you can haul a descent amount with hold that takes 50 tons or up to 160 passenger or soldiers. By the way, the most important question is what type of work are you goinna be doing?"

He waves up to the unrepaired rigging. "She can make voyage now but she'll be s(half speed) and her helm is heavy(–5 to Profession [sailor] checks). Like a said Tomas Garell is motivated to sell."


Evil GM

He takes the group over to the Baron of Tide. "She's a sleek darkwood freighter," he pauses to let you look at her, "once belonged to the infamous smuggler Baron Desmond Shade 'til she was taken by Commandant Boneduece and Commander Perrin." He touches the wood. "Between Bonedeuce’s Pride and the Perrin's Albatross she didn't stand a chance."He looks at the ship some more before continuing, "The Commandant is particular 'bout who he sells to. If he does like you it'll cost y' 11,500 but if he favor's you you may get her for 10,000, maybe a spot lower. Now mind you she's a fast ship, not armed for serious fightin' but she can flee most encounters." His hands continue to glide on the sleek wood. "Crew cost are much cheaper running only 20 sailor plus officers. Plus, she's sea ready."

He shows you the armaments, "6 light ballistae (3 port and 3 starboard) but you could equip her with a light catapult on the fore and aft deck on swivel or maybe another two ballistae on the fore and likewise on the aft deck. Some squib cost there. need a few more crew to be able to use those weapons."

"He takes you below deck 150 tons of cargo, so she can carry alot or 120 passengers."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin seems preoccupied, trailing the others as they tour the ships. He's not disinterested, just pensive.


Evil GM

OF course, he can answer any quesitions you have but I wanted to get both ships listed for you.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is paying close attention to the man's words, and whistles when he breaks down the cost of repairing and crewing the Thunderstrike. "Expensive, but 16 balistae and 16 catapults... Add in some battle mages and this ship would be a force of destruction."

She is much more interested in Baron, of course, and runs her hand along the beautiful, light darkwood. The half-elf had spent quite some time adventuring in the Verduran Forest of Avistan before coming to Shaw, and witnessed the large, majestic, and magical Darkwood trees from which the wood is harvested. "This is my kind of ship. Sleek and fast... We are thinking of hauling some cargo soon, I'd love to do it in this. How fast can we go with a light hold and experienced crew?"

She glances around at everyone else. "Any other ships everyone wants to see?"


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

As Chell tours the ships with the others a nostalgic fascination bubbles up within her. She pays attention to the Harbormaster like an enraptured child for that was when she was most interested in ship building in repair. Because of this she seemed most fond of the Thunderstrike. The large ship probably had many stories to tell and it would be a shame to leave her in the state she was in. She might even be able to do some of the repairs herself.

K:Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Craft(Carpentry): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Yes, their should be something she could do.


Evil GM

There are only 2 catapults. tehre are 16 balistae (8 on each side)


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I don't know why I wrote 16 catapults, I clearly read that there were 2 catapults.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

What's this Nightslink, I've head about? Ever see it, Boris?


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

"It's the ship of a missing and unfortunate friend." Cireladwen responds from her current perch to Sorrin. "And it's... well, run aground, so..."


Evil GM

Everyon;es heard of the Nightslink she be well armed brig class ship, light fast and with plenty of weapons. With Captain Drango in command even frigates were his prey. He's got fist of steal and look of dread about him." He shakes involuntarily. "some sorry arse with a pole helped him escape...he's probably gonna seek retribution." It is pretty clear that he falls into the category of believing Falken should go to the gallow.


Evil GM
Cireladwen wrote:
"It's the ship of a missing and unfortunate friend." Cireladwen responds from her current perch to Sorrin. "And it's... well, run aground, so..."

You know a ship this size will take a crew of 20 to run.

Generally speaking it'll look like this, perhaps with a coup of modifications, but you get the idea. This is not the exact ship but it gives you a solid idea.

Example Sailing Ship:

DESCRIPTION

Pirate brig (sailing ship)

Colossal ship
Squares 3 (30 ft. by 100 ft.); Cost 14,500 gp
Init +8
DEFENSE

AC 16; Hardness 5
hp 1,620 (sails 240)
Base Save +13
OFFENSE
Maximum Speed 90 ft. (wind); Acceleration 30 ft.
Ranged 6 light ballistae +10 (3d8), 4 light catapults +15 (4d6)
CMB +22; CMD 32
Ramming Damage 10d8
STATISTICS

Propulsion wind or current
Sailing Check Profession (sailor)
Control Device steering wheel
Means of Propulsion 60 squares of sails (two masts)
Decks 3
Cargo/Passengers 150 tons/120 passengers
CREW:

Captain: NE female human rogue [pirate] 5/deep sea pirate 6
Other Crew CN female dwarf bard [sea singer] 5
First Mate CN male human sorcerer 8
CN male human rogue 2
NE female half-orc barbarian 6
N male human rogue [knife master] 6

45 pirate cutthroats (CE human fighter 6)
EQUIPMENT

Armaments 6 light ballistae (port and starboard) with 200 light ballista bolts; 4 light catapults (fore and aft) with 50 light catapult stones and 10 alchemist’s fire canisters
Modifications ram, rapid-deploy sails, silk sails, 2 smuggling compartments
Cargo 4 points of plunder


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sounds perfect... reuniting a friend with his ship. The kind of man to have on one's side.

I'm with Embrianna and Cireladwin.


Evil GM

Cireladwn and Sorrin are you speaking where the Boris is located and can hear?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Honestly, it was just an exclamation/admiration comment... So, yes he world have heard Sorrin. Sorry.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

"And a wanted criminal. I'd fix that, first." she says quickly, rubbing her head in frustration with herself. "As I am relatively sure he's innocent... I just don't know where to look for that evidence..."


Evil GM

Boris is flabbergasted, 'You shouldn't be idolizing what you don't understand. He's criminal! If he didn't kill his crew...so what. He killed others, he's stolen others ships...cargo...money, for what his gain! Hard working people have been hurt by that scoundrel!"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna clears her throat and attempts to change the subject. "Yes, Boris, Falken has been a bane to Shaw's shipping and to traders regardless of his latest accusations. Let's get back to ships. What is your estimate on how much cargo the Dragon's Tail could carry? 100 tons or so? We are thinking of hauling some cargo in the future, or doing some exploring. The Dragon's Tail may suit our needs for the time being but we're all rather unsure at this point."

Diplomacy to defuse situation: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Evil GM

Boris is clearly upset and Astri has not diffused the tension. "
You know...I'm not so keen on the Dragon's Tail, it's too hot to handle."
He glares at Sorrin and Cireladwen. He exhales, "She's on the small side maybe 80 or 90 tons. Most the crew uses that space or they sleep uptop...it's not the most comfortable ship.

You sense he may cool down and the deal is not dead but definitely needs to be handled with gloves on.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"I think that perhaps we should take it out today and see how well it handles before selling it. We do need to see the Tualita prisoners we rescued safely back to their land. Perhaps we can find something interesting to pick up and bring back while we are out."


Evil GM

Taking the Tulita back involves walking,not sailing. Perhaps you can walk the prisoners home today, then sail the Dragon's Tail tomorrow.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Oh, ok, i though we could sail up the coast and then walk them inland just a bit.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I understand, Sir. Typically, I'm a law abiding sort. Without rules, society falls apart, there is chaos and pain. I suppose I hadn't heard the truth about Falken.

You've been wonderful, Boris. And I appreciate all your help yesterday and today, most efficient. Now, where is this infamous Black Rider?

Sorrin, tries to discretely pass the man a platinum.

Diplomacy, assist allowed?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Evil GM
Embrianna wrote:
Oh, ok, i though we could sail up the coast and then walk them inland just a bit.

Link to earlier post and map


Evil GM

Boris take the coin and slips inside an inner pocket that you don't see. "right...right the Black Rider solid ship. Captain Razor caught her...she can be fair in her price. The Black Rider was a slaver, responsible for over three decades of misery, ferrying unfortunate captives to Carcass." He spits when he says Carcass. "Bethany Razor and Korg boarded the Black Rider last month, slaying the crew and liberating the captives. Bethany and her crew steered the slave ship back to Port Shaw, and now Captain Razor is looking to offload the ship. Black Rider is very durable but also slow. Her helm was designed for the flea-bitten orcs who piloted her, and only someone of considerable strength can steer her. The Black Rider mounts two large ballistae." He thinks for a second, "I'm sure the helm can be retooled and more weapons added. She wants 11,000 gold but...maybe less."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

My diplomacy rolls always seem to tank despite my large bonus.

Astrianna sighs, and decides today would not be a good idea to sell the ship today. It is clear Boris is close to writing them off all together. "I don't believe we have any time for sailing today, I certainly don't before my performance tonight. The black rider is interesting but I don't see any use for her. I'm also not antiquated with Captain Razor, but I could probably convince the Commandant to sell lower."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Boris, you married... Wife and kids? What's your favorite meal or treat? Dedicated, hard working man like yourself probably never takes the time to treat himself.

We're going to do business sooner or later, in case we'd want to send a thank you. A token. And could you point me to a reliable money lender?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri sighs at Astri's sigh. "Aren't you longer lived people supposed to be more patient? We don't need to buy a ship tonight. Take a few more days to feel out the sellers of ships we are interested in. We already got two ships if we need them. I'm sure the Captain wouldn't turn down our business and we can always try to take the Dragon's Tail out on our own. As much as I would like to get settled on a ship and set out to sea for a bit, I also don't want to just throw away money."[b]

[b]"Today's activities can be walking the Tualita to their border and then heading to the Kracken to feel out, or up, the Commandant. We ca sail to the Nightslink when we get the time."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Are there any buildings for purchase on the harbor? I may need an office, store or warehouse.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen seems to agree with Embrianna's idea, if only because that opinion causes her to stop staring into space, which she had been doing ever since she accidentally interfered with their bargaining session.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna chuckles at Bri's comment. "That's certainly the myth. I reserve my patience for matters of life and death, there are many other things that need doing today." She was actually sighing because Sorrin and Cireladwen were endorsing a notorious pirate in public. Not htat she had anything wrong with piracy, but they had an image to upheld. Not that she was going to say anything.

She watches to see if Sorrin's strong-armed honey-hand tactics was going to work or horribly backfire in his face after his comments about Falken. Boris seemed the kind of man to like a bribe or two.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:

Boris, you married... Wife and kids? What's your favorite meal or treat? Dedicated, hard working man like yourself probably never takes the time to treat himself.

We're going to do business sooner or later, in case we'd want to send a thank you. A token. And could you point me to a reliable money lender?

"Well, partial to the crushed grapes myself...reds. Monkey Red a fine wine, or Elven gold for white."

He shrugs, "Lot's of moneymongers around, you arent' around theses parts and you've got no roots here, so your ratewill be high, the "Xchange" up on the boardwalk. "Rosco's" in the Silk is good."


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Are there any buildings for purchase on the harbor? I may need an office, store or warehouse.

'Always places for rent or sale, but ain't my line of work."


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen tried to nonchalantly leave the area, on account of being unable to honestly apologize when some of the "hard-working" people Falken might have been slavers, smugglers, and the like.
Taking from the wicked to give to the less fortunate isn't that different than what they were doing with Bonegnaw.

Though I'll admit I'm biased.
[ooc]Stealth:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

It's a pirate's life for me, too.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Astrianna notices Cireladwen trying to slip away. She mutters something in Elvish to the archer.

Elvish:
"Where are you off to, Muinthel? We are leaving soon, there is nothing else to accomplish here."

She addresses Boris, extending her hand for a shake to leave on good terms. "Thank you for showing us the ships on sale, Boris. I don't believe we are quite ready to sell the Dragon's Tail and wish to sail her a bit, but I will personally find you if we reconsider in the next few days. By the way, the Commandant and myself will be fiddling at the Kraken's Gullet if you happen to be in the mood for dining there tonight around 8 o'clock. I promise it will be lovely."


Evil GM

They weren't all slavers, smugglers, and the like but he was always charming when you saw him.

the boat business wraps up and you get the Tulita ready to go back to their homes in the outskirts. they as to go back to a "meeting" area that their tribes gravitate towards. You actually head back through the Silk district and come close to Torgue's house which is just past the town on the edge of the outskirts. The squalor living conditions, huts made of flimsy wood or straw, it's the ghetto of the Port.

Outskirts

Life on the Razor forces many of the unfortunate and downtrodden to live beyond Fort Stormshield on the outskirts of Port Shaw. Bare survival on the edge of a harsh wilderness teeming with monsters is the fate of such outcasts. Most of the surviving Tulita population lingers in the Outskirts, as do those friends of the Tulita people who need to hide from the rulers of Port Shaw without leaving the city’s shadow.

Struggling against disease, famine, and aggressive predators, some of these proud people cling to life with the strength of their ancestors – even as their gods turn away. Others are beyond hope. More than half the Tulita population has been enslaved and toils under the backbreaking yoke of the plantations. Many of the rest – brothers, fathers and sons – take berths on whaling ships, leaving their loved ones to struggle in the Outskirts. Those left behind hope to make enough gold to buy back their family’s lands. Those who depart rarely return, as slavers posing as whalers lure gullible natives aboard before making a beeline for Carcass’ festering markets. Their orphaned families persist in the Outskirts, filled with hope, anger and despair in equal measure.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Ah yes, Mudville. Torgue sighs.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna decides she has enough time to see the Outskirts and speak to some of the locals before she goes to get ready for the night's performance. She does not really guard herself, feeling confident among their large entourage, but keeps an eye out for pickpockets.

Or should I say Entorgue?

Along the way, she practices her Tulita with the folks they rescued, asking them a few questions. Her working knowledge of the sound had become excellent, and she was now working on proper enunciation, gestures, and edging out her Taldane accent from the foreign sounds.

Tulita:
"Does Millianuka the shaman reside in the Outskirts? I hope to speak with them one day. Mainland Tulitian spiritual rites and spiritual connections fascinate me."


Anyone who speaks and understand Tulita:

conversation:

You learn Millliauka...the Kamaau, r high shaman, was imprisoned for inciting violence. "He be hung soon...or worse." Is the general sentiment. In fact, the Tulita fear this and are restless. They look somewhat oddly at you when you speak about their rituals and being fascinated with them. Although bringing back 20 prisoners your group sis greeted in high regard and you are offered shells, and sacred beverages that you swear has a wiggly worm in the bottom.

There is much excitement when you all escort back 20 freed slaves. Man people offer clear beverages with little wiggly worms in it. Soon the are is rejoicing with your deeds of valor as told by the freed Tulita.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue for one won't insult their hosts and will cheerfully drink down a worm beverage.

*Gulp, gulp* Ah!


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell is not unaccustomed to seeing such squalor but it never ceases to pull at her heart. She was lucky and everyday she is grateful for that. These people, not so much. This entire town was set against them. But at least they were returning some to their home. No matter how bad that home was it was at least familiar and that at least could bring a measure of comfort. As they walked through the Outskirts she flits here and there helping where she could. Offering to bandage wounds not properly treated, water to the thirsty, her rations of food to the hungry. She really should have prepared more healing spells. She really needed to find whoever took the clerics of Quell. This is where they would be needed and where they would be...were there enough.

6,551 to 6,600 of 14,076 << first < prev | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.