Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


6,251 to 6,300 of 14,076 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna shakes her head. "Sergeant Preggo took the writ I had last night, and I have no other documentation. Also, the Commandant specified he wanted Bonegnaw and Garreg, and to turn them into his gaoler or the inquisitor if we capture them. No evidence required. To be honest he just wants them both dead, but I think it looks more impressive if we capture them."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin's eyes go wide in shock from Astrianna's venom.

He lowers his head slightly, crestfallen... and speaks in the language of the Tulita and then repeating in common. His eyes moving sadly from Tulita to Elf to captain and first mate. I am deeply sorry you all had to hear that. Apparently, all who I hire or help are strays. I come from a warrior tradition. Among my people, service is an honor. Those that are able, serve and I wish to serve the people of the Razor.

If you are still interested and would honor me... My idea was to build a few bakeries, ovens to bake small nutritious breads and cakes. Offering them to the Tulita who are suffering from poverty and malnutrition. People think better when not suffering the pangs of hunger. It would be a modest beginning.

What we did today slows the drug trade and the epidemic of addiction. I hope these ideas help... need bakers, cooks. If you have other skills let me know. The pay will be modest, but fair. The endeavor righteous.. He pauses.

Excuse me, but I wish to hear what the gnoll has to say. Sorrin follows to the interrogation.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

"That isn't what she meant. You know, just to shame and hurt you." Cireladwen finally muttered, after coming to a conclusion a long time in the making. Should Sorrin continue like this, his allies actually might abandon him.

"Sir Sorrin, you treat your allies like so much excrement, and cannot see it, as your redirection forms a veil over your eyes. I have been here but a couple of hours and have seen you run forward unannounced and blame others for your injury, I have seen you openly mock your healer, and advise me to ignore the input of others amongst you."
She narrows her eyes a little. "Your point of view is valid, but you do not know the future anymore than the rest, and I am not willing to listen to you make a martyr of yourself as you inadvertently consign yourself to an early death, as even those of great patience may leave you to die if you continue to bite their hands."

She blocks his way to Bonegnaw. "Your heart is pure and your treatment of strangers excellent, but you must learn to compromise. Even now, though, that defense you have, remniscent of my father's, will probably ensure that you learn the wrong thing from these words."

She backs away, certain this will have consequences.


Evil GM

You have two ships and as the fog clears a barge. The two men that were on the barge are no where to be found. What are you going to do? who is on what vessel?

There is not really a clear space for the gnoll but an area is made for him with all the passengers.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri makes sure that the gnoll is tied up tightly and that he is kept gagged when not actively being questioned by the group.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Chell sighs and wonders if she has the energy to try and stop the ensuing argument. Is it worth the effort? Are they even up to all that stands before them? Sure they made it through this ridiculously long fight and they were stronger for it but could they keep it together when it came down to it? All it would take is an illusionist or a creature with mental powers to separate them or have them at each others throat.

"Noble as the idea sounds Sorrin, I hope you haven't forgotten about Elder Hargrove," she says away from the Tulita. "Father Zalen believes he has it out for them. Are you prepared to protect them form an Elder from now on? You know can't always be there if you wish to pursue Garreg or any other smugglers."

Also Sorrin, Remember I gave you 40 HP back and I think what you get from leveling increases current HP as well.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen is shaken by her own outburst, and breathes heavily.
And there goes the calm veneer. I ruined it, I ruined it all...!


Evil GM

The gnoll growls a bit but he is absolutely tight lipped when spoken to. he is as hostile as it comes.

Technically you level up when you rest for 8 hours. So right now you are still resource taxed.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue is on the boat with the gnoll, keeping watch in case he tries something.

I reckon those two who were in the fog are long gone. Not worth chasing them.


Evil GM

Captain Donovan looks at Bri and others, "Bri you handle a ship well why don't you and Jenkie skipper the Vintage back. Maybe take another of those that man with you." He points to one of tulita. "he knows his way around a boat.

"I'm gonna need someone in the riggings on this ship," he points to Sorrin, "Astri, Chell you stay on deck with these men. Work the lines and sails for here. He waves to three other mean. "They say they know how to sail. We're gonna be clumsy with our workings but we should be able limp along. Let's hope we don't get attacked."

He looks at Cirelandwn, "Much appreciate if you put those eyes and your bow up in that nest, don't really need pirates."

Finally he says, "Torgue you go with Bri, she can use your club if we get in a pitch."

"Bri she leans to port if you don't think you can handle her Jenkie can pilot. You all are gonna run a perimeter and escort for us. Stay sharp let's look like you are our escort ship to ward off unwanted visitors." -5 sailor check for the pull.

he looks to Astri, 'We towing the barge?" he points to some line to tie the barge to if you are going to tow the barge.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri nods at the Captain and goes to fetch the Tualita that he pointed out to take with her back on board The Vintage.

"I'll do my best with her Captain. We'll go slow and steady, swinging wide of any rocks. We got no need to rush back now."


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen nods to the captain and then clambers up to the crow's nest with poorly-disguised shame after retrieving her rope and grapple from earlier.
Years of maturity despoiled. I spoke for Muinthel, appeared to give her preferential treatment and made the matter personal. Damn. The herald of Desna is supposed to be a badass. Aloof... And of course what I said won't matter. Since when has anyone had need of my opinion when all good things are learnt on one's own? Talking about my father. FEH! What am I, a threenager?!

She takes a deep breath. Getting adopted into a group and evicted from it in one day would have to be some sort of record. Now, do your job! LOOKOUT!

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Evil GM

Cire:
You can see the shadowed figure of the Chimera hiding in the trees above the fireside of the cove.

"After you Captain." he shouts down to Bri as Jenkie weighs anchor. "Weigh anchor. Ready make quarter sail." he shouts as his hand runs over the wheel.

If you are towing the barge it'll be attached to the larger ship.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Prior...

Sorrin looks down at the hand upon his chest and does not push against it. His eyes are steely, but compassionate. His voice is even and tempered. We each have to do what our soul demands and our heart can bear. We see what we want to see and... we are not what you think we are, keen elven senses aside.

You saved my life. I will return the favor one day. We can speak later if you wish, now is not the time.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Hahaha threenager. Cir you play the best elf I've ever seen.

No barges

Astrianna gives Cir an appreciative look for her support, but says nothing more. She's tired of arguing for the day. While the bard had planned on charming Bonegnaw and speaking to him on the way back, the Captain was making it clear he needed all of them on deck working the ship to get back to port. "We'll talk to Bonegnaw once we're safely at Shaw."

She sighs, dreading the manual labor, but it will probably not be boring like the usual line work of a fully staffed ship. "Aye Captain. Chell and I will work the lines. Thank you for taking charge of the ship, I assumed you and Jenkie would be off- we could use your expertise here. We don't need the barges, I have no intention to go into shipping. Before we cast off we need to get the dragonsmoke out of the hold, though, I don't want to go through the trouble of smuggling it or fast-talking the customs. I'm not sure how well telling the truth would go."

The bard turns to Torgue. "Torgue, can you and the people we rescued that are fit for work dump all of the dragonsmoke in those crates and sacks into the cove while we ready this galley?" What a waste. Like dumping platinum pieces into the sea.

The absence of the two men that were in the fog cloud is disturbing- she hated leaving loose ends. But what did it matter, they were the lucky ones. They had best thank Quell tonight.


Evil GM
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:


She sighs, dreading the manual labor, but it will probably not be boring like the usual line work of a fully staffed ship.

Hence the reason he did not select you to Captain his vessel back to Shaw. He saw Bri and Sorrin work the most, Bri's always worked and not busied herself in side conversations, so he selected her to Captain his ship back. It is his only significant asset.


Evil GM

"dump it in the open water between here a Port Shaw, you still have prying eyes about these cove...archers...who would gladly risk diving in the cove to get such a find." He continues to yell, "Anchor up....you men get those crates to the deck after we get to sea." he shouts to the former captives in the hold.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen freezes, pulled out of her inward desire to bang her forehead on the mast repeatedly. Instead, she grabs hold of her rope and lowers it to dangle on the head of any sailors beneath. You know, to get their attention without calling out so as the monster in the mist hears it.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

"Get the captain," she mouths.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:


She sighs, dreading the manual labor, but it will probably not be boring like the usual line work of a fully staffed ship.
Hence the reason he did not select you to Captain his vessel back to Shaw. He saw Bri and Sorrin work the most, Bri's always worked and not busied herself in side conversations, so he selected her to Captain his ship back. It is his only significant asset.

Fair enough! I wouldn't want her piloting my ship either.

Astrianna pauses a moment, and then nods in agreement to the Captain's words. "Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Onward, then." She begins to work the lines and sails with Chell, clearly competent at working a ship, but she never really seems to be in a hurry to get anything done. The half-elf defers to Chell on most matters, as she is much more experienced here.

Suddenly, she notices a rope dangling on the deck, and starts, following the line upward. The bard squints, and makes out the words their new elf-friend is mouthing. Puzzled, Astrianna shrugs and turns to Donovan. "Captain, Cireladwen wants to speak to you in the nest!" She shouts across the deck, returning to preparing to drop the sails.


Evil GM

Bri make two a sailor checks.

Jenkie
sailor asst: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
sailor asst: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The first mate gets tangled in some line as he pulls the anchor up. "Hey Torgue can you not stand on the line?"


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:
Astrianna pauses a moment, and then nods in agreement to the Captain's words. "Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Onward, then." She begins to work the lines and sails with Chell, clearly competent at working a ship, but she never really seems to be in a hurry to get anything done. The half-elf defers to Chell on most matters, as she is much more experienced here.

Same number of ranks but greater Wisdom. +5 vs +9. I thought I was the worst of the group when it came to sailing.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Embri (+8) and Chell (+9) are the best sailors of the group. If we ever hit the seas I'll probably give Astri a few more ranks of sailing, but that isn't going to make her work any harder... Besides, she needs max ranks in fiddling first!


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

"There's the beast from earlier. Up there!"
Cireladwen points, as soon as she has an audience, to the treeline on the fireside of the cove.


Evil GM

Teh chimera stays in the trees with the cover. He is close to, if not in the next comp long bow range increment.[/ooc]


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna stares at the trees for a long moment before noticing the chimera watching them. "Oh! The Chimera! Looking for an easy meal most likely. It may not know what to do with its freedom, if Bonegnaw raised it from infancy. They're evil creatures of basic sentience, but I doubt it will attack, it knows it's outmatched." She shouts up to Cireladwen.

The half-elf entertains herself with the thought of a biting comment to Sorrin about him speaking Draconic and offering the Chimera a job, but keeps it to herself.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen loads her bow, just in case.
"Just make sure the crew knows, and is ready if it gets close. I won't start a fight with it, but... It is dangerous, I presume."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

It should go after the two smugglers, easy pickings... And, they kept it imprisoned.

Captain, what do you think of that cove... worth taking? What do you think of this ship? Sorrin keeps working and keeping an eye on the smaller vessel.


Evil GM

It has plenty of fresh food in the cove: lobster, two dead archers on the ledge, one floating in the channel, and several on the beach.


Evil GM

The Captain's doesn't respond to Sorrin, he is busy handling the ship.

sailor: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
sailor: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30

Handling the ship with ease he gets his bearings, "Cove's good'n secure location but only one way out...so unless there's a path we didn't seeing the cliffs you can get trapped, like Bonehead over there did."

"Ships fair...got some speed which you'd expect but useless for armaments. Though it beats the Vintage. Could get 5000 maybe a bit more if you sold it. Nice downpayment on another ship." he pauses a few minutes thinking. "So tell me which ship has your eye Sorrin and why." He gets astri's attention, "You too..tell me which ship has your eye and why'


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

They all do, Captain... I want a fleet. I need a fleet, and more important than the ships in that fleet are the people that man them.

I'd use the ship I've got to complete the tasks at hand. Not too particular, Sir. But, if a particular ship other than The Vintage makes you and Jenkie happy... I'd do my best to acquire it. . Sorrin speaks as he works.


Evil GM

"Well the Vintage ain't got chance in Hell to survive a real sea battle against an armed ship, or even some of the half way nasty beasts that reside in the water. This ain't about what I or Jenkie want to be happy...it's about what you want besides being a dreamer with grandiose plans, but you can't start at the top son...so... tell me of the ships in port which would take first to start your fleet. And why." He pauses a second then says, "If you intend to lead people they want to know you can actually make a decision and you won't flip flop...so, what say you?" He drinks from his canteen then continues a near lecture, "I saw a reckless man today, then I saw a man turn tail and flee leaving his companions on the beach, and then a man of great bravery lead the battle against the bonehead and his forces. Who are you?" It was brutally blunt. 'Why should Jenkie and I risk our hides and lives for your grandiose dream?" He winces, "I've seen many a brave soul perish...some by my poor decisions, others as a result of others foolishness...people have a right to know what type of person leads."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Thunderstrike... if you need one.

Now, what you saw today was a ploy... There is no coward here, at least not where I'm standing. The night we met, there was no boat. We were headed to Thumbs Reach so as to negotiate for The Rita. With your permission, we chartered the Vintage. Now, the Dragon's Tail. Dreams become reality, when you put your nose to the grindstone. Hardly started at the top, Sir. Not bad for under a week.

Sorrin pauses. Thunderstrike's a good investment. Fast, strong, can mount guns... Buy her cheap, nurse her back... Was her captain a Wave Rider?


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue shuffles about as best he can, he clearly is no sailor and pretty much sits in a comer after he steps on some rope.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

So now they were headed back. They had killed many bandits and many, many strange creatures today. They hadn't been their very long but Chell was more than glad to leave and was drained from overuse of her magic. All she had left was a fog spell and that wasn't likely to help. Though the fog spell earlier had taken two men out of the fight. They had done a lot of good here but it was sullied by the death too. Regrettable but necessary. She hadn't participated in that part but she didn't feel right being an accessory either. She wasn't naive enough to believe words and kind deeds where enough. Her family had fought off pirates before. It was part of the reason she followed Quell. It was where she could do the most good. And these people were doing good. Though they had different thoughts about how and voiced them often and angrily. So much still lay ahead.

Before her thoughts could get any further she had to guide Astrianna to best capture the wind as they turned. She was surprised to find out she was more competent as a sailor. "When we get back to Port Shaw can you show me a good cobbler? I think I need a new pair of shoes," she says twisting the boot to show the holes. The action causes her to wince but the talk should keep her occupied till they get back.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna grunts as she pulls a line into place, tying it off under the instruction of Chell. Sh chuckles at Chell's boot situation, and smiles. "Yes, we can get you some new sturdy boots at Jak's, or if you ask Embri she can magically Mend them for you. She's helped me with several pieces of clothing."

The bard listens to the Captain as he speaks of ships and leadership, and she sighs as Sorrin continues to try and shove kindness down the throat of an unwilling recipient. Sorrin has the heart and will of a leader, but he lacks the voice and knowledge.

She addresses the Captain's question of what ship she would like and why, smiling widely as she imagines a certain Darkwood ship. "The Baron of the Tides, without a doubt. If Shelyn could take the form of a ship, it would be the beautiful darkwood sides of the Baron. The perfect ship for exploring the Razor and all its exotic wonders, bringing back troves of myths made material and turning that material into coin. There is so much to see here and I would want the fastest, most maneuverable ship both for travel and outrunning any dangers. I've heard only The Quell's Whore is faster, but I'd prefer to stay on Captain Razor's good side and never have to worry about that. I would probably want to rename it though. Maybe Silver Stream... Or throw in a little local culture, Dolhpin's Favor..." She muses over ship names while working the lines.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"The what?" Chell exclaims. Obviously a little miffed at the name. Quell's whore? Who would name a ship that. That's just asking for trouble. Well, now she wasn't concerned about the future.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen clearly has a long attention span, as she is content to keep watch and listen... and listen she does, like the gossip-addicted aunt she is. Although she does wave to the unoccupied Torgue, once.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

*Waggles his sausage-like fingers*


Evil GM

Bri make 2 sailor checks to get out of the cove. Then 3 more for the trip back to port or for me to use as needed.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Sailing Checks

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Bri also will not hesitate to ask Jenkies for assistance if she thinks she needs it. She's not going to let any pride get in the way of taking care a good ship.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Once in open water, Sorrin approaches Chell.

Is Quell pleased? Surely, a little... And, thank you for recognizing my hardship just earlier and throughout our endeavors over the last few days. Usually, too much is happening to stop and give thanks. But do not ever feel the boon is taken for granted.

Your power... Quell's power is reminiscent of the healing energies of my own Dawnflower. I had not felt that touch since leaving my homeland. You've returned a little piece of home to my heart.

A far off look falls across his face. I know now, I am on the right path.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

He lowers his voice, And, Chell... It's a food business, like any other. A bakery with small breads, some filled with minced fruit, vegetable and... or meat or fish.

I could do nothing, but there are children and families that need nutrition or will succumb to starvation, addiction and disease. Surely, Quell would bless such a thing? I do not know.

He considers why this is so important to him.

The Dawnflower would demand it. The desert is so harsh in general... Hospitality and charity are tenets among its cultures.

Hargrove? Never met the man, but he sounds like he's on his way out. All that Evil needs to prevail is for good people not to act. Shall we allow that, Chell? In the end his manner is thoughtful and soft.


Evil GM

Under Bri's hand the Vintage glides with grace through the water the Capt and Jenkie make eye contact with quick smile. The group approaches the lighthouse on the point a few hours away from the cove.

cire make a perception check for the horizon.

togue make a perception check


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

The priestess sighs. She can hear the sincerity in his words but there is something about the way he talks about the gods, her's in particular, that annoys her. She tries to not let that annoyance slip into her voice but it is hard. "It is obvious we come from very different worlds and thus see things differently. You told me earlier to not question your honor. I will do that if you never question my faith. Never say things like 'my god made me do it' or question my interpretation of his will. It reflects more on your faith than mine. Need I remind you that I am the one wielding my gods power and it is not as easy as people think. When I speak of him I am also talking about myself. When I said that was a test of faith by Quell I set it as a test for myself. When I say it is his will I also mean it is mine. He is in me and I in him. That is faith. The way you speak, it sounds as if you believe the Dawnflower is a thing separate from you who guides you every now and then. Someone who expects things from you. As long as you perceive that difference you will never know true faith. You are a good person, if a little aggravating. You seek to better the world in your own way. It would be an honor to help for that is what Quell expects of me and what I expect of myself." She then leaves, meaning for him to reflect on her words before responding.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Very...


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The dice have returned! Embri handles the Vintage like a pro.

Astrianna chuckles at Chell's exclamation concerning the naming of Captain Razor's ship. "Quell's Whore. Captained by Bethony Razor. I hear she is a privateer of some renown and quite intense. I haven't met her, but I have met her first mate, Korg. He is the nicest minotaur, and only minotaur, I've ever met. Korg and Zalen seem to be good friends, you could probably ask the Father more. I also made the acquaintance of Jonah, the boarding mate of Quell's Whore, a few nights ago at the Broken Skull. A bit rough around the edges, but he has a wonderful singing voice and invited us to visit the ship sometime when they're in harbor. Alas, we have been too busy to take him up on the offer."

She is busily tying a rope off as Sorrin speaks. The half-elf gives him a brief warning. "Hargove is, publicly, the most powerful man in Shaw. I'd be careful how loud you are about your opinions, or you may find yourself cut up for chum."

Her elaboration continues as she leans against the railing of the galley. "He definitely doesn't like the 'smoke either, which is why we are here right now. The Council controls the Dragoons, and Hargrove has them wiping out the trade. Indirectly, you're doing Hargrove's bidding right now."


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Evil GM

Torque you spy two masts with multi-sails on the horizon and it appears to be on an intercept course. It's a good mile out.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue points out over the rail. Two masts with multi-sails! Heading right for us about a mile away!

6,251 to 6,300 of 14,076 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.