Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


6,351 to 6,400 of 14,076 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>

M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

When Astri is not amongst the dragoons, Torgue mutters to her. Captain is giving Sergeant Darenar the stink-eye. Doesn't like what he sees.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Sense motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Social critical hit! Behold the power of versatile performance. Waiting for the return on the sense motive before responding.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri sees to the docking of the ship. Once it is secured, she leaves Jenkies in charge as she makes her way over to her comrades.

She'll wait until Astri is done with the dockmaster before she talks any kind of business.


Evil GM

Astri:

You sense Chambers believes the prisoners are people but he doesn't hold them in high regard.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Oh, lol. I thought it was going to be much worse...

Her sensitive ears catch the slightest decrease in tone when the Commander speaks. Oh? Another with little love for the Tulita.

The half-elf smiles coyly at the sorcerer, catching on to his game. "Unfortunately he was flat broke when we found him. Considering his menagerie of exotic beasts we had to kill, I think he spent all his money feeding them."

She decides to cooperate, figuring she has learned what she wanted from the ledgers. The bard reaches into the extra-dimensional space of her haversack, providing only what was requested while keeping the maps and charts. "Drugs are in the sea. Ledger, log book. They appear to be in Gnollish. I speak many languages, but never had any interest in communicating with dogs."

The Commander doesn't need a sense motive to know Astrianna despises gnolls and highly dislikes dogs in general.


Evil GM

Fair enough...he'll confess about all his wealth soon enough." He smiles coyly. "he takes the ledger." He excuses himself and watches his men manhandle the gnoll. "Try not to let this one escape." He follows his men off the deck, down the gangplank, and towards the fort.

----
Once the dragoon leave the harbormaster along with a scribe and and two guards appear at the gangplank, "Permission to come aboard." The harbourmaster is a short, fat, sweaty man.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The bard makes a final comment when he mentions confessing. "By the way. The gnoll believed we were sent by a group called "The Ring" to kill him for debts, which I assume is a smuggling operation he had fallen out of favor with. I let him believe it, if he happens to accuse me of working for them. He's probably figured out the truth by now."

Astrianna exhales as Chambers is away, watching Bonegnaw go. She is disappointed she did not have a chance to question the gnoll about the drug trade, or get some names out of him, but they succeeded, at least. She chuckles softly at his comment about letting this one escape, recalling Falken's daring dash off the docks... and how he was probably framed. The "cost of doing business" entry crosses her mind for a moment, wondering who had taken that crate years past. She briefly considers asking Roland some questions before she is snapped back to the world by the harbor master.

"Permission granted, harbourmaster." She says in her sing-song voice. The harbourmaster is worse looking than Torgue, but she respects the man for his extensive knowledge. She places her hands on her hips, assuming a confident business dealing stance. "I am Astrianna, representative of the group that has captured this ship. We have met before, but I don't recall your name...? What can I do for you?"

She lends her ear to Torgue for a moment, nodding in thanks for the observation. "There's some bad blood with that one." She says in a hushed voice to the totem-toting lug.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

A working man, finally... Yes, please.

He walks to stand by Donovan. Everything alright, Sir? I hope I haven't offended you.


Evil GM

Chambers nods with the additional information that Astri provides. "Thanks."


I couldn't find his name, if I've given it so we'll call him Boris.

He exhales loudly as he huffs. 'Yeah, yeah course we met...did it cost me much." He chuckles. "Alrighty, now we have some fees and taxes to pay...let see you have what 50 ft by 20 ship. How long you intend to be hear and what's the purpose?" his scribe is jotting down notes. "Carrying passengers...what"s the head count...any cargo other than passengers in the hold? How many crew and officers aboard both ships."

He yells up to Capt Donovan, "You and Jenkie are paid for a couple more days, I know, but your dockage is coming up. Then get that ship to where she belongs."

You had 20 freed captives/passenger between the two ships.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Noticing the exchange, Chell walks over to captain Donovan and places a gentle hand on his shoulder. She says nothing because she is unsure of what to say and figures a poor attempt would only make things worse.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Nope he was always just called harbourmaster

Astrianna chuckles in response to his joke. She briefly considers watering down how much the goods they are hauling are worth, but given the high-profile scrutiny they are under, she decides against it. "I'm uncertain how long the ship will be in Port, and we may be selling her soon. We'll say a week. Purpose of visit is carrying passengers on business for the Dragoons. There are twenty-four passengers, six crew and two officers between The Vintage and the Dragon's Tail. The hold contains a few armaments and a few luxury goods with the intent to sell."

She awaits the estimated tax figure, anticipating it will be high for the weapons, armor, and fine wares.


the scribe takes down the information.

'Well dockage for a 50 by 20 ship it'll be 25 gold a night, so 7 days will be $175 gold, or 750 gold every month. You could anchor out in the bay for half the cost. The Vintage is paid for a few more days."

He counts the heads, "Passenger tax is 10 gold a head, crew cost is 1 silver per head but if this becomes your homeport the crew tax is waived." He shrugs, "No puppy dog eyes,I don't make the rule....complain to the Lodge they make the rules.." His assistant begins to stamp documents, "Passenger tax only happens once as long as they have their stamps documents."

"Now lets go look at the cargo. He goes on to explain that the Cargo tax: 1 sp per 2 pounds, so 20 lbs of cargo would equal 1 gold."

Cargo Tax example: 10,000 lbs of cargo = 500 gp tax)

He notes you aren't carrying any real cargo but only items for general ship repair. He winks at you, "No cargo other than passengers."

"Well," he sniffs. "I handle most the ship sales, when your interested."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna listens intently, as she has never had to deal with docking a ship before. She sees that the costs add up quickly though. Perhaps I should go into administration instead.

She does look upset by the high passenger tax, but the harbourmaster has obviously heard it before. The bard is formulating a passionate speech about how they were all slaves and have nothing to their name, but he waives their cargo fees and she decides to simply pay for the people's ways. She smiles. "Right. Only passengers. This is definitely our homeport as well, let's make it five days docking." You give a little, you take a little.

Astrianna counts out the coin, passing it on to the harbourmaster. She talks business in the meantime. "How much do you think we could get for this ship on the market? Five thousand? Six? And how long to find a buyer? It's got a bit of a reputation, as I'm sure you're aware."

365 gold from our loot for the passengers and five days dock time.


"Well, she's got a reputation for sure. He runs his hand over the rail, she's in descent shape...I'll pay $5,000 for her - today. If you sell it on your own you might be able to get $6,000 but that time who knows how long it'll sit."

Boris takes the money but the cleric stamps and hands your the passenger's paperwork.


Evil GM

Everyone is now free to get off the ship or rejoin one another.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen has the bearings of someone mostly oblivious to what is going on below as she looks over Port Shaw. She'll probably wander as soon as a meeting point is established, as adventuring is her new full time job...
and she needs to quit in a stylish, dignified, and polite fashion.

Then there's the issue of exonerating an innocent man, if the possibility comes up...


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is a bit taken aback by the harbourmaster's sudden, fair offer. She quickly recovers, however. "If I were the sole proprietor of this ship I would hand her over right now, but I must first consult my colleagues. We had been throwing around the idea of taking tours of the ships for sale regardless, so you will most likely see us tomorrow."

She bids the harbourmaster farewell, taking the paperwork. She takes a sack containing 500 dabloons with her as well, stuffing it into her haversack for ease of carrying.

Coming above deck she stretches, which makes her cringe as her stony arm locks up. Sighing at the long day, the half-elf moves to the mast and shouts across the ship. "Gather around everyone! I have your departure papers." Ugh, I'm turning into Sorrin.

The bard spots the elf staring listlessly off over the ocean, and calls her over. "Cireladwen, can you run Donovan and Jenkie's pay to them real quick?" If she accepts the errand, the half-elf hands her a bag of 500 gold.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sending the elf to fetch... I'll do it.

She seems elsewhere. He reaches out his hand, for the money.


"I've several ships you might be interested in depending on your purpose. Say mid-morning...." He points to the harbormaster house on the dock.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue rolls up after Bonehead is hauled off and Astri talks about papers. So what is the plan now? A little R&R?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

She affirms the harbourmaster's offer to meet mid-morning to tour ships.

Astiranna hands the bag of gold off to Sorrin to deliver to the Captain. "Works for me."

She is handing out papers when Torgue comes lumbering up. "I'd certainly like that. Stop by Miss Molly's perhaps.. I want to study that clock in the hold, but it can wait until tomorrow if need be. Though we still need someone to watch the ship tonight. I suppose we could simply stay on board if we can't find anyone to do the job. Additionally, there are several matters we need to discuss as a group that I have come to my attention."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin moves closer to Astrianna. It looks like he's about to casually kiss her, but he brushes by her cheek and takes the Vintage's pay.

He whispers... Negotiate what you can, dump it. Others won't care.


Jenkie and the Captain are at the Vintage getting ready to move her to another dock space much farther from the central docks. They are appreciative of receiving the sack of coin (from whom ever delivers it.)

"Appreciate it, this will pay for harbor fee coming do. Tough day, you all did a some good."


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen blinks as the errand is taken,but she doesn't grudge Sorrin's intervention.
"My apologies, Muinthel, Sorrin... I am afraid I have some rather important errands to run in reference to my recent career change. I would be willing to watch the ship once that is over, however, as I need little sleep."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is about to reel back and smack the warrior but the whisper registers in her brain. She relaxes, and raises an eyebrow. "What?"

She turns her attention to Cireladwen. "That would be grand, Muinthel. Sorrin and I can watch the ship until you get back, if he doesn't mind sitting around while I do some studying. Torgue, Chell, and Embri, you're free to go if you'd like. I'd rather Torgue be with you two on the way back."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Jenkie and the Captain are at the Vintage getting ready to move her to another dock space much farther from the central docks. They are appreciative of receiving the sack of coin (from whom ever delivers it.)

This is from Astrianna, or the group... You more than earned it. Still have to fix you up, gratis. Can I pay for of split your dock fee? Central is convenient.

Unless you prefer elsewhere. A room is also an option, something conveniently near by, of course. And, why do I feel like bathing when I've come too close to most dragoons?


sorrin - I did a small edit to my previous Capt post.

"I like my dock location, not so many eyes on me." he weighs the sack, "This will cover my ship and keep us going for a while."

"Lt. Commander Perrin's a good man....others are not."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Pretty much still stands, almost a bonus. Sorta.

I've been presumptuous. Will we continue to enjoy your services and more importantly, your company?


He exhales, "trouble seems to find you. We would be wise to sleep on it, but we'll have breakfast at the Run Aground."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

@Astrianna - Sorrin asked you to negotiate and "dump" the Dragon's Tail, tonight. Boris.

Fair enough, Captain. But, let's get something straight... trouble doesn't find me, I make it my business to hunt it.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

"Le cenithon ned lû thent."
Cireladwen gives a salute and heads towards the dockyards with a spring in her step. She avoids the more infamous routes as night falls to the best of her ability, but she has to find her foreman to tell him the news in person. It will be a little odd, as she has been working at that dock for the better part of thirteen years, but... when an opportunity b$!*$slaps you, you heed its palm.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue nods and heads over to Embri and Chell Heading to Miss Molly's does sounds good. A little sweat and grime isn't a problem but blood and guts certainly needs a good soak.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

So do the prisoners leave to go back to their old lives or stick around? Didn't we get like four of them to help with sailing?


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Sorry I can't do anymore for you tonight but I will be sure to have you feeling better tomorrow," she says pointing to Donovan's petrified arm. "It should fade in a few days but its the least I can do for all you've done today."


As Cireladwen approaches her foreman he hears his gruff voice, "You sorry, black-spotted, nattering wretches git those crates off my docks, ain't payin' yeh to work at half-arse speed."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Ah, got it. It can still be sold tomorrow, might as well look at the other ships first.

Once the papers have been passed out and the rescues put in order, Astrianna bids them farewell, but doesn't make them leave. "I know some of you were interested in work, you can stick around and speak to Sorrin when he returns. We may or may not need some sailors in the future. Regardless, he'll want to speak to you, so I'm not going to send you off. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the hold."

She makes her exit and steps into the hold. While the half-elf enjoys being around people most of the time, she's glad that the hold is relatively silent and gloomy, if smelling like blood and gnoll.

Her fingers waggle and light appears, casting shadows over the hold and augmenting the non-magical light. She steps in front of the mechanical clock and starts to inspect and probe it, looking for any significance, craftsman's marks, or signs of ownership. The well-learned half-elf studies its mechanical properties, but makes sure to see if there is any magic on the device as well. Simultaneously, she ponders any potential buyers for the high-priced item.

Going to Take 10- Knowledge: Engineering 10 + 9 = 19 to determine if the clock is special, and what kind of shape it's in. Also going to see if it has any magical auras.

If Astrianna can start making Knowledge: local checks now, going to use Astrianna's daily Lore Master ability and Take 20 on a Knowledge: Local check 20+11 = 31 to determine where she could get the best price or an interested buyer for the clock in Shaw.

After finishing her study of the clock she sits cross-legged in front of it, and retrieves the animal figurines that they found on Bonegnaw's person. She runs her fingers over the cool, smooth obsidian, challenging herself to identify all of the creatures, what she knows about them, and stories they occur in. The bard also attempts to discern any magical auras on them.

After finishing studying the clock Astrinna will look over the 25 obsidian statues, taking 10 for knowledge arcana and nature to identify them (which is 19 total). Are there any strange or unknown beasts, or anything that stands out? Is there any magic to them?


Evil GM

Four agreed to chat about employment. The prisoners are a bit confused on what to do.

Most of the Tulita prisoners are from the are and acknowledge they can get home. They offer what assistance they to those inland Tulitas. The elves are huddled together trying to figure a few things out.


Chell Silves wrote:
"Sorry I can't do anymore for you tonight but I will be sure to have you feeling better tomorrow," she says pointing to Donovan's petrified arm. "It should fade in a few days but its the least I can do for all you've done today."

"I was fortunate to have you there today."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Boris said, today only.

Sorrin returns, and sees if the ex-prisoners wish to speak. He speaks mostly in common, with a sprinkling of Tulita words.

The idea is simple, give people an alternative to hunger, to the drugs. Break the cycle. We can start with one stand, like a street vendor. I will pay for the materials, you work the stand. Sell to those who can afford it, but help the impoverished and feed the children.

Let's see if it works, then another and another. An oven, fuel, flour, clean water, spice... Produce and meat or fish. Modest small portions. But... Do not fight, if bad men come.

We waits to hear what they have to say.

To the elves, he simply asks where they are from and if they have any specific skills. And, if they wish to help with the Tulita initiative or crew a ship, whatever they wish he will find a way to make it happen. The Tulita are welcome to this, as well.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

As a reminder I have knowledge engineering and craft carpentry as Chell originally wanted to work on ship design before the answering the call of Quell.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Excellent! If Astri can't figure out something about the clock she will ask Chell to look at it then. If there's anything special about it, that is. Could just be a really fancy clock."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin offers to board any who need a place.

After speaking with the ex-prisoners, and hearing them out... He finds Astrianna. We still own this thing? He said today, may offer less tomorrow.

Let's see how high you can coax Boris and get rid of it. Too much hassle. Liquidate. I don't understand you, really. I thought this is what you wanted... The spiteful thing, again?


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen waits a moment to let her foreman's circulation return to normal. Kane, as competent as he is, makes an impressive impression of a dark fruit when he feels the need to yell.

The elf approaches quietly and then clears her throat.
"Mr. Kane, I need a minute." she interjects docilely.
"I have returned from an adventurous holiday... I'm afraid Lunis in the dockyard was right about the wilderness having an effect on me."

She scratches the back of her head. "I'm going to join a crew of adventurers."
Well, she hears it as a graceful second, but it comes out rapidly.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Well this Miss Molly's sounds wonderful. I could use a bath."

Don't really plan on doing more today besides taking a bath and going to bed. Tomorrow is a whole different matter. Ship shopping, healing, scrolls, wine and dine.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is busy studying the clock, the front panel opened to reveal a dazzling array of bronze and gears. She gives Sorrin a sidelong glance and a sigh before staring into the mechanical depths. "Yes, I want to sell the ship. No, it's not spite. Let everyone else have a say in the matter, first. If Boris wanted to buy it a half-hour ago, he'll want to buy it ten hours from now. Besides, a common trick among movers of expensive goods is to make a seemingly good offer up-front, in hopes they will dazzle the seller with instant gratification, skipping he haggling. It's good to put a few hours and some sleep between the initial offer and the final offer."

She closes the open panel, and changes the subject. "I read Bonegnaw's ledger. A few years ago, he noted that a crate of dragonsmoke was lost to the Dragoon's due to "cost of doing business". In the smuggling trade, this is what we say when an official demands some of the illegal goods for free... or else. At some point a Dragoon strong-armed him into giving up a crate.. Wouldn't be surprised if that's somehow related to your man Roland, and being stripped of his rank. Perhaps he was framed with it, or was involved somehow? I didn't see anything else more about it, and too late to ask the gnoll now. Other than that, there is a lot of slavery and smuggling coming out of the island Carcass to the south. It's where Bonegnaw got most of his narcotic supply, his pets, and where he sold slaves."


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

"Oh, I almost forgot," Chell says to Embri and Torgue before heading back to the Dragon's Tail and approaching Donovan. "Captain Donovan. You mentioned to Embri that the Vintage lists to port right? Do you happen to know the cause? I intend to prepare spells to get us back in shape tomorrow and one of the Domains I have grants me the power to fix objects. If the cause is small enough I may be able to fix it quickly and without pulling it off. I think I can handle 50 to 60 cu ft."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Can you put that damnable thing down... please. And listen to me? I know how to haggle, I think my ancestors invented it in the ancient souks. This isn't about haggling. We could milk perhaps another 1000 gp, certainly... which is why I was originally against the idea of an immediate sale.

But, what happened when we got to port changes things. The ship is notorious, which means buyers will be reticent. Good people will be fearful or suspicious. Bad people will not wish to attract attention. Market value can be Boris' problem... we should cash out.

He pauses to make sure she's really listening. The others don't seem to care much for the administration or strategy of things. Embrianna enjoys to frolic, Chell is concerned about missing clergy and fixing things, Torgue wants a deserved bath and some cool ale, the Mellon... is it wrong if I keep calling her melon-head in my own head, wishes... I don't know what she wishes, but it's not this. I don't really care, call them in and ask them.

But, most importantly... this thing draws attention. It's a target on our backs... given what you found out from the ledger. These Dragoons, some or most of them are in cahoots with criminal elements. This is corruption. From that Sergeant, to the top and I don't mean Chambers. A fish stinks from the head... Hargrove.

Sorrin looks into her eyes, unfathomable.

This thing is a liability. We need to dump it. And, literally less than a couple of hundred gold each is worth the attention it draws. It's not about playing Boris. You're great with people, I'm sure if you spoke to him right now... made him feel like we was doing us a favor by making the offer and get a little more with the expectation of future business... he'd raise his offer a little and we'd be out of it. But, if it burns down tonight... we have nothing.

No need to watch it, secure it, pay for the mooring, etc... If we rest up and follow a few more leads in the next few days, maybe we'll have enough money for "a real ship". I really don't care which, if you want the Barron that's fine. Promise me the Thunderstrike next.

Once more the man pauses, clearing or organizing his thoughts.

I told you who I was, and it's the truth. I'm an exiled prince of a nomadic tribal nation. You can believe it or not, that's up to you. But, you should know that I'm going back eventually to take back The Tribes. And for that I need a show of force like they've never seen before... a fleet of ships carrying armed men and women.

In Port Shaw, I've found the perfect opportunity to amass wealth and power and help people while doing so. So, whatever it is you want out of life... I offer to help you achieve it. Whatever you need to feel accomplished and genuinely good about yourself, so long as it's not evil or cruel, I will fight for.

Sorrin stops himself, and laughs a little. No, I'm not offering marriage. But, I suppose something similar... allegiance. The others have opinions, of course they do. We all do. And I'm no better than they, and neither are you. But, they just don't seem to care as much about certain things. I don't want to lead you, except into a successful engagement... there's the marriage thing again. Successful operation. I don't want to rule over you or anyone else.

My return to take back The Tribes is to liberate them, from a cruel and ignoble soul. As I pledge to help you, I would hope you can pledge to help me. You can do whatever your heart's desire... I only ask you do not sabotage my own efforts. We can bring a renaissance to Port Shaw, all of us. Help the Tulita and the emigrants to find balance and live in harmony.

A long pause.

I cannot put down my quest and wait for someone to bed a minotaur, or anything or anyone else... though I have no issue with them doing it. This may be why I'm apparently so impatient. My family is in danger every day and night and I am driven to remove them from that situation. But, I can try to slow down enough... if others don't dawdle overly so. There needs to be a balance. But, I'm telling you this so you know why I "go off on my own". The sand slips through the hourglass... I need to get things done. I'm driven.

Astrianna Sparacello, what will future bards and songs, ballads say about you? How will you be remembered?


Evil GM

I figured it was time to give capt donovan an image.

sorry about the confusion about the sale of the boat - he meant that you can wait an unkown time period (perhaps months) to sell your boat for a higher price. Note: The additional price could be eaten up with dock fees. Or you can sell it to him. He was not trying to push a sale today but he was willing to buy it today if you wanted to move it.


Evil GM

Astri spend time with china, clock and figurines, she doesn't note anything magical but they are of high quality. Bonegnaw may be gnoll, but he has a good eye. Each is exquisitely crafted but not magical.

Clock - 2,500 GP
China set - 200 GP
Silverware - 100 GP
25 statuettes - 25 GP each (they did not provide a list and I'm not naming them!) But you do see a hyena, girillon, a chimera, cockatrice, and a chuul.

6,351 to 6,400 of 14,076 << first < prev | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.