Accessories Go Digital

Friday, June 5, 2019

As more and more gamers are taking their campaigns to virtual tabletops, we’re changing the format of select products’ digital assets to individual high-resolution JPGs suitable for use on those platforms. This change will make it easy to upload every card in a deck to those platforms with no graphics work or image extraction required on your part.

Previously, card accessories did not include digital assets, but subscribers to the Pathfinder Accessories and Starfinder Accessories product lines will soon receive free digital assets with their subscription for those products. This change is retroactive back to the launches of Pathfinder Second Edition and Starfinder, with products releasing weekly as outlined below:

Releasing June 9th
Pathfinder Condition Card Deck
Starfinder Condition Cards

Pathfinder Condition Card Deck, Releasing June 9th

Releasing June 16th
Pathfinder Critical Hit Deck
Pathfinder Bestiary Battle Cards
Starfinder Critical Hit Deck

Releasing June 23rd
Pathfinder Critical Fumble Deck
Starfinder Critical Fumble Deck
Starfinder Rules Reference Cards Deck

Releasing June 30th
Pathfinder Weapons & Armor Deck
Starfinder Deck of Many Worlds

Starfinder Deck of Many Worlds, Releasing June 30th

The Pathfinder Spell Cards are not part of the Pathfinder Accessories Ongoing Subscription and previously did not have digital components, but will be available for individual purchase when they release on June 24. Pathfinder Accessories subscribers who preorder Pathfinder Spell Cards on or before Monday June 8 at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time will receive the free digital asset when their physical copy ships.

Pathfinder Spell Cards: Arcane
Pathfinder Spell Cards: Divine
Pathfinder Spell Cards: Focus
Pathfinder Spell Cards: Occult
Pathfinder Spell Cards: Primal

We’re hard at work making other changes to our products to support virtual tabletops and will announce more on that front soon.

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Second Edition Starfinder Starfinder Accessories Starfinder Roleplaying Game
51 to 100 of 135 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Director of Brand Strategy

11 people marked this as a favorite.
emky wrote:
THANK YOU again for using a standard format, rather than tying them to a particular virtual tabletop service. (Any chance of revising to .PNG rather than .JPG?)

We looked into a few file formats, but JPG was able to give us the compression we needed to keep the files at as high of resolution as possible while still coming in under the 10MB file size limit that Roll20 has for user-added content (at least for maps).

(Oh yeah, be on the lookout for maps in the very near future.)

Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

10 people marked this as a favorite.

D'awww, shucks! I did not expect such a nice callout! *blushes* CS is also doing a ton of the legwork for this! I'm glad people are so excited :D

Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

9 people marked this as a favorite.
AJCarrington wrote:
Any chance Paizo could confirm the prices of the PDF version?

The PDFs will be 30% off the price of the print edition, which is consistent with what we've been doing for other Accessories products so far.


Very good move! Thanks, Paizo!

Dark Archive

I'll be extra happy if roll20 will do their own version so I won't even need to upload the pictures :3 But if that doesn't happen, being able to get them digitally is boon

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Huzzah!!!

Grand Lodge

This is exciting news!

Liberty's Edge

And so it begins.

Tomorrow's world is today.

Excellent job, Paizo.


Mark Moreland wrote:
emky wrote:
THANK YOU again for using a standard format, rather than tying them to a particular virtual tabletop service. (Any chance of revising to .PNG rather than .JPG?)

We looked into a few file formats, but JPG was able to give us the compression we needed to keep the files at as high of resolution as possible while still coming in under the 10MB file size limit that Roll20 has for user-added content (at least for maps).

(Oh yeah, be on the lookout for maps in the very near future.)

Awesome! Was just about to post asking for Maps . The interactive maps are great but, layers or no, PDFs are just not high rez enough.


Fantastic news! Looking forward to seeing maps in the future.


Katina Davis wrote:
AJCarrington wrote:
Any chance Paizo could confirm the prices of the PDF version?
The PDFs will be 30% off the price of the print edition, which is consistent with what we've been doing for other Accessories products so far.

Thanks so much for confirming!


Pathfinder Pawns, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Great news!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Mark Moreland wrote:
emky wrote:
THANK YOU again for using a standard format, rather than tying them to a particular virtual tabletop service. (Any chance of revising to .PNG rather than .JPG?)

We looked into a few file formats, but JPG was able to give us the compression we needed to keep the files at as high of resolution as possible while still coming in under the 10MB file size limit that Roll20 has for user-added content (at least for maps).

(Oh yeah, be on the lookout for maps in the very near future.)

Maps.... Meaning high res digital maps from inside the adventures?..... please say yes....

Verdant Wheel

The PDFs from the Pawns line still have those redlines ?


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Thank you, Katina!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

This is awesome to see! My only complaint is now I have to decide if I want to splurge on preordering all the spell cards instead of picking them up piecemeal over the next few months like I intended to make it easier on the budget.

Then again, it is a quiet month with only the next AP volume shipping... Who needs impulse control anyway?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, LO Special Edition, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

What's a budget?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber

This is indeed good for Paizo's customers. Well done Paizo.

The only physical product I'm buying in this edition are the APs and Adventures. I've had to cancel all my other subscriptions. Can we please have pdf subscriptions for the Rulebook line.


Is it just me or is the store for the spell cards broken. I pre-ordered the Arcane cards a long time ago, but when I try to click on 'Add to Cart' all day today for the other spell decks, I get a Paizo error page saying I don't have access to the page.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, LO Special Edition, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

It's not just you.


Excelente movida, ¡gracias! (Excellent move, thanks!)


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Bidmaron wrote:
Is it just me or is the store for the spell cards broken. I pre-ordered the Arcane cards a long time ago, but when I try to click on 'Add to Cart' all day today for the other spell decks, I get a Paizo error page saying I don't have access to the page.

Same for me, but they still added to my cart when i clicked back.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

If you are having trouble with the Paizo store, please try logging out, clearing the cache on your browser, then log back in. Thanks!


Thank you Paizo this is great news! Please consider doing the same with your older first edition accessory cards like the face and item decks. I use those in my games and they can be used in any version of the rules and some of the older ones are out of print and hard to find. Buying them as PDFs would allow us to use them in the digital games we are all running right now and let more people buy and use all of the gorgeous artwork on those decks of cards that have gotten into the game recently after they are long out of print.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Have not seen this answered, and going through the thread again.

If I start an accessories subscription today will I get the PDF's for the spellcards that I have had sitting in my side cart and already authorized in my current Subscription Package?

Which product should I start my sub on?


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Hold on so I just read this article and was in the process of putting all the cards in my cart when I found out I needed to know about this two hours before hand? So now I am not eligible for the pdf of the spell cards?!?!
That is just wrong. Everything else gets backwards eligibility but not this? I'm going to order in the hopes you change your mind
But I might cancel if you don't.


Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
JesterOC wrote:

Hold on so I just read this article and was in the process of putting all the cards in my cart when I found out I needed to know about this two hours before hand? So now I am not eligible for the pdf of the spell cards?!?!

That is just wrong. Everything else gets backwards eligibility but not this? I'm going to order in the hopes you change your mind
But I might cancel if you don't.

I agree that this is a frustrating user experience considering the small window between announcement and closing of pre-order eligibility.

The one thing worth noting is that June subscriptions have already run through their authorization and finished on Friday, so technically speaking, the pre-order window had already closed for purchases shipping with June subscriptions. However...anyone subscribed who didn't read the blog over the weekend wouldn't have thought that might matter if they already knew the spell cards were coming and weren't part of their subscriptions.

Given how hard it can be to get the store to load pages half the time, it's easy for someone to get stuck in that position.

On the other hand, considering the spell text is available in numerous online sources and multiple VTT products, the spell cards are probably the least exciting version of this. From the preview, it looks like the backs of the cards are likely to be the same for all spells of a tradition, so it's not like, say, the Bestiary battle cards, which include images for monsters not depicted (but have statblocks) in the Bestiary.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
RicoTheBold wrote:


On the other hand, considering the spell text is available in numerous online sources and multiple VTT products, the spell cards are probably the least exciting version of this. From the preview, it looks like the backs of the cards are likely to be the same for all spells of a tradition, so it's not like, say, the Bestiary battle cards, which include images for monsters not depicted (but have statblocks) in the Bestiary.

True.. but it was the thing that switched me from saying no thanks to pre-ordering $125 or so worth of paper. So there is that.

Customer Service Representative

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Hey folks,

The Pathfinder and Starfinder Condition Cards have been pushed back to tomorrow, June 10.

If you have questions about your eligibility for the preorder digital assets, send an email to Customer Service with the title "Spell Deck Subscription Preorder" and we'll be happy to help you out!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This is so exciting! I am so glad to see that Paizo is making adjustments that benefit both online and irl games, on multiple fronts! Thank you guys!


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Downloaded and they're very nice. Every card is included, which I'm not sure was necessary; it's a jpg, I don't need 4 copies of each card, but it's definitely easy to import them into whichever VTT you're using.

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
tricklet wrote:
Downloaded and they're very nice. Every card is included, which I'm not sure was necessary; it's a jpg, I don't need 4 copies of each card, but it's definitely easy to import them into whichever VTT you're using.

They probably automatized the process, so removing dupes would need someone to manually edit the result, and they probably don't have enough employees to spare for this, and thought it would be a minor inconvenience, and a "boon" for those that just want the pack, and hit "print all" or something, and have the same number of copies has original product.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

Elfteiroh wrote:
tricklet wrote:
Downloaded and they're very nice. Every card is included, which I'm not sure was necessary; it's a jpg, I don't need 4 copies of each card, but it's definitely easy to import them into whichever VTT you're using.
They probably automatized the process, so removing dupes would need someone to manually edit the result, and they probably don't have enough employees to spare for this, and thought it would be a minor inconvenience, and a "boon" for those that just want the pack, and hit "print all" or something, and have the same number of copies has original product.

Easy to import? Good! 4 copies? Hm. I mentioned it to Katina. Thanks!

Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Elfteiroh wrote:
tricklet wrote:
Downloaded and they're very nice. Every card is included, which I'm not sure was necessary; it's a jpg, I don't need 4 copies of each card, but it's definitely easy to import them into whichever VTT you're using.
They probably automatized the process, so removing dupes would need someone to manually edit the result, and they probably don't have enough employees to spare for this, and thought it would be a minor inconvenience, and a "boon" for those that just want the pack, and hit "print all" or something, and have the same number of copies has original product.

Yep, this looks like it's the result of the cards not being audited for duplicates when they were packaged for upload. Having spent most of Monday removing duplicate images of the card backs for every card in every spell deck, I'm going to have to check with some folks to see what kind of bandwidth we have to fix this going forward.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

And yeah, after opening it myself, each cards is twice the number of times they are in the deck because the cards are the same on both sides in the physical cards, so yeah... same problem here. Sadly, automating removing duplicates is not that easy, and even then, some of the “duplicates” are not identical.

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

<breaking radio silence> Well done, Paizo. Thank you *very* much for this!


Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Well shoot. Looks like this notice came a day too late, after the order authentications were run. I subbed to the accessories line after this post went up, hoping to get the digital spell cards, but my order generated today and my accessories sub won't activate until next month. Bummer.


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yup. I was in the same boat. I pre-ordered the cards over the weekend and then my order processed and shipped out. I’ll be getting a huge box when the July orders go out with everything coming out next month.


Is there any idea of when/if the Pathfinder 2e Chase Cards would be converted to electronic copies?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks Katina!


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
tricklet wrote:
Downloaded and they're very nice. Every card is included, which I'm not sure was necessary; it's a jpg, I don't need 4 copies of each card, but it's definitely easy to import them into whichever VTT you're using.

That's only the Pathfinder deck, though. The Starfinder deck does not have duplicates.


Wait ... there are spell cards ?!?! How did i miss this


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Katina Davis wrote:
Elfteiroh wrote:
tricklet wrote:
Downloaded and they're very nice. Every card is included, which I'm not sure was necessary; it's a jpg, I don't need 4 copies of each card, but it's definitely easy to import them into whichever VTT you're using.
They probably automatized the process, so removing dupes would need someone to manually edit the result, and they probably don't have enough employees to spare for this, and thought it would be a minor inconvenience, and a "boon" for those that just want the pack, and hit "print all" or something, and have the same number of copies has original product.

Yep, this looks like it's the result of the cards not being audited for duplicates when they were packaged for upload. Having spent most of Monday removing duplicate images of the card backs for every card in every spell deck, I'm going to have to check with some folks to see what kind of bandwidth we have to fix this going forward.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Awesome. It's not a big deal - easy enough to delete the copies, no need to create additional work for you guys. Just thrilled that you're moving in this direction


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

FYI, for Paizo employees monitoring this thread - there are a few issues with the digital Bestiary Battle Cards. It looks like some of the monster images were processed with significantly lower quality than the images used for the real cards - the greater barghest is super obvious - it looks like a Super NES sprite. Ape, gorilla is also low quality. It's not every card like that, though, Animated Armor and Animated Statue look fine. I haven't done a card-by-card comparison, those are just some at the top of the alphabet, and I only looked into it after Elfteiroh was asking on a Discord if others had the same issue, calling out the greater barghest.

Edit:
Actually, Elfteiroh made a bigger list, and my initial suspicion doesn't hold up:
Nah, there's a lot that were in the bestiary that are pixelated. Mostly toward the end.
Full list:
21, 40, 46, 51, 70, 77, 87-89, 121, 126, 157, 173, 176, 182, 197, 211, 232, 267, 278, 279, 283, 284, 285-286, 288, 289, 315, 334, 336-340, 343-345, 357, 359, 371, 376, 380-393, 395-397, 399-443, 445-453, 455-458, 462-463
("X-Y" means "from X to Y, inclusively")

(Also, FYI for anyone else reading this, I messaged Katina directly and she's going to look into it.)

Paizo Employee Chief Operations Officer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
RicoTheBold wrote:

FYI, for Paizo employees monitoring this thread - there are a few issues with the digital Bestiary Battle Cards. It looks like some of the monster images were processed with significantly lower quality than the images used for the real cards - the greater barghest is super obvious - it looks like a Super NES sprite. Ape, gorilla is also low quality. It's not every card like that, though, Animated Armor and Animated Statue look fine. I haven't done a card-by-card comparison, those are just some at the top of the alphabet, and I only looked into it after Elfteiroh was asking on a Discord if others had the same issue, calling out the greater barghest.

Edit:
Actually, Elfteiroh made a bigger list, and my initial suspicion doesn't hold up:
Nah, there's a lot that were in the bestiary that are pixelated. Mostly toward the end.
Full list:
21, 40, 46, 51, 70, 77, 87-89, 121, 126, 157, 173, 176, 182, 197, 211, 232, 267, 278, 279, 283, 284, 285-286, 288, 289, 315, 334, 336-340, 343-345, 357, 359, 371, 376, 380-393, 395-397, 399-443, 445-453, 455-458, 462-463
("X-Y" means "from X to Y, inclusively")

(Also, FYI for anyone else reading this, I messaged Katina directly and she's going to look into it.)

We should have these fixed today or tomorrow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A Paizo gamemastery Accessory that is missing and should be made digital is the campaign workbook.

Paizo Employee Chief Operations Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Jeff Alvarez wrote:
RicoTheBold wrote:

FYI, for Paizo employees monitoring this thread - there are a few issues with the digital Bestiary Battle Cards. It looks like some of the monster images were processed with significantly lower quality than the images used for the real cards - the greater barghest is super obvious - it looks like a Super NES sprite. Ape, gorilla is also low quality. It's not every card like that, though, Animated Armor and Animated Statue look fine. I haven't done a card-by-card comparison, those are just some at the top of the alphabet, and I only looked into it after Elfteiroh was asking on a Discord if others had the same issue, calling out the greater barghest.

Edit:
Actually, Elfteiroh made a bigger list, and my initial suspicion doesn't hold up:
Nah, there's a lot that were in the bestiary that are pixelated. Mostly toward the end.
Full list:
21, 40, 46, 51, 70, 77, 87-89, 121, 126, 157, 173, 176, 182, 197, 211, 232, 267, 278, 279, 283, 284, 285-286, 288, 289, 315, 334, 336-340, 343-345, 357, 359, 371, 376, 380-393, 395-397, 399-443, 445-453, 455-458, 462-463
("X-Y" means "from X to Y, inclusively")

(Also, FYI for anyone else reading this, I messaged Katina directly and she's going to look into it.)

We should have these fixed today or tomorrow.

I was told that the changes were made and pushed yesterday so your files should be good now. Sorry for the troubles and thanks for pointing it out!


Per Katin over here, there are some issues still being sorted with getting the files loaded.

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

My files are now ok, after clicking "Problems downloading this file? Click here." to reset the personalization. :3

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

Arivia wrote:
Is there any idea of when/if the Pathfinder 2e Chase Cards would be converted to electronic copies?

Good question! We missed two. PZO2216 – Pathfinder Adventure Gear Deck and PZO2217 – Pathfinder Chase Card Deck will be added to the end of the list to go live on July 7. Customers are sent an email when we grant a file to their account.

51 to 100 of 135 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Accessories Go Digital All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.