Pathfinder Bestiary Battle Cards

Our Price: $59.99

Preorder expected late October 2019

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Keep the creatures of the Pathfinder Bestiary close at hand with this box-bursting collection of 450 reference cards featuring every monster from the core Pathfinder monster reference! Each 4 x 6 card is printed on sturdy cardstock and features a beautiful, full‑color image of a Bestiary monster on one side, while the other side provides that monster's statistics for quick and easy reference. With each encounter, show the players what their characters are facing while keeping the monster's abilities at the ready, and watch your games come alive!

ISBN: 978-1-64078-212-9

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Accessories.

Product Availability

Preorder, expected approximately 28 Oct 2019

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO2210


See Also:



Sign in to create or edit a product review.

1 to 50 of 63 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Just announced! Product image and description are not final.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I've been asking for this product for years. Thanks so much for listening, Paizo. :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

This... and Feat/Spell/Ability cards.... Yessssssss my precious.....


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Excellent!

Dark Archive

Wow, $10 more than the Bestiary!

Okay 450 cards are a lot (there are 410 different creatures in the Bestiary), but i feel these should have been split up into the low level monsters & high level ones, like D&D did (0-5 $25 & 6-16 $16), because at this price point it's gonna scare away beginners who want to try out low level play.

Still, i will buy it.
How big is 5 x 8?
Is it standard Magic the Gathering trading card size or bigger?

Thx

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Card Game, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Marco Massoudi wrote:

Wow, $10 more than the Bestiary!

Okay 450 cards are a lot (there are 410 different creatures in the Bestiary), but i feel these should have been split up into the low level monsters & high level ones, like D&D did (0-5 $25 & 6-16 $16), because at this price point it's gonna scare away beginners who want to try out low level play.

Still, i will buy it.
How big is 5 x 8?
Is it standard Magic the Gathering trading card size or bigger?

Thx

bigger - it’s 127mm x 203mm

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Wow. I was thinking it was 4x6, (around 10x15cm, so nice picture/postcard format) but 5x8 is great.

Now to find out the shipping cost... I dread it already. I hope the weight is already put into the system at close to the final.

[Edit] Looks like the weight is not that bad... $35 for shipping to Austria seems reasonable.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Oh, so these are not the standard card size they have been using before. Interesting. These are huge! 5 x 8 is almost A5.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

How thick are these? I'm thinking I might want to use something to stand them up on the table in initiative order. I suppose it is too much to expect them to be the same thickness as pawns? Sturdy cardstock could mean anything from 67# paper and up, really.


I think those will be realy usefull. When 2-3 différents monsters are in the combat, 2-3 card will save a lot of page flipping/ pdf browsing. I jumped when I saw the price, but they are huge and its about 9 deck of regular cards...so I think its fair. An other advantage of these when playing away from home, you only have to bring the cards you need.


This is a fantastic idea. May get something to display them over my GM screen. Maybe even as initiative trackers.


Oh man. I hadn't read what size they were.
I may instead get the PDF version (if there is one) and print them a bit smaller.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Unikatze wrote:
This is a fantastic idea. May get something to display them over my GM screen. Maybe even as initiative trackers.

Pawn bases clip onto the GM screen nicely. Glue two pawn bases to each other and a pawn can be used this way, hence me hoping these cards are the same thickness as pawns.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I have two of the Paizo gm screens, including the one with the landscape view picture on the outside. I will get the advanced one when it comes out in a couple of months. But what I really want is one like the one Jason is using in "Oblivion Oath". He has some white plastic tabs that fit in a groove along the top of the screen that he uses to track initiiative for PCs, NPCs, and at least some monsters. He commented in the last twitch cast that he hadn't had time to put a picture on one for the new player character, whatshisname <g>. I want to know how he does that. :-)


Are these exclusive to Paizo?

I'd like to preorder them, but Amazon or other uk based stores are massively cheaper due to the lack of international shipping.

I'm asking because I don't see these cards on Amazon.co.uk or for that matter on Amazon.com - even though I do see books already available for preorder that are scheduled to be coming out after these.


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Is the orientation the same for the art and stats? As in, are both the art and the stats in portrait layout or landscape layout? I would like to use an acrylic sign holder or a standee so that I can view the stats while the players view the art without the orientation being off for either side.


Could someone confirm the 5x8 card size? Just heard Erik Mona mention 4x6 in the "2019 and Beyond" Gen Con panel and wanted confirm the size.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

The product page went up a good bit after Gencon and it say 5x8 so i'd go with that.

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ramanujan wrote:

Are these exclusive to Paizo?

I'd like to preorder them, but Amazon or other uk based stores are massively cheaper due to the lack of international shipping.

I'm asking because I don't see these cards on Amazon.co.uk or for that matter on Amazon.com - even though I do see books already available for preorder that are scheduled to be coming out after these.

These are not exclusive to our webstore, and they should be available through retailers.

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Astos wrote:
Is the orientation the same for the art and stats? As in, are both the art and the stats in portrait layout or landscape layout? I would like to use an acrylic sign holder or a standee so that I can view the stats while the players view the art without the orientation being off for either side.

Both art and statistics are in portrait orientation.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Will this include art for entries in the Bestiary that didn't have any, e.g. Pugwampi, Janni, Salamander, Xorn, etc.?

??

Please & thank you.

--C.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Psiphyre wrote:

Will this include art for entries in the Bestiary that didn't have any, e.g. Pugwampi, Janni, Salamander, Xorn, etc.?

??

Please & thank you.

--C.

*listens for reply intently*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Master Pugwampi wrote:
Psiphyre wrote:

Will this include art for entries in the Bestiary that didn't have any, e.g. Pugwampi, Janni, Salamander, Xorn, etc.?

??

Please & thank you.

--C.

*listens for reply intently*

Unsure if I'm meant to reply, but it'd be impolite not to...

Fixed the spelling error:
Pugwampie --> (*^.^*)

My sincere apologies for any gremlins that may've spontaneously spawned(?) from it. (¬.¬')...

Carry on - I guess?
(Feels wrong encouraging 'gremlin-work', but I guess even they need to...eat...)

--C.

:D


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Psiphyre wrote:
Master Pugwampi wrote:
Psiphyre wrote:

Will this include art for entries in the Bestiary that didn't have any, e.g. Pugwampi, Janni, Salamander, Xorn, etc.?

??

Please & thank you.

--C.

*listens for reply intently*

Unsure if I'm meant to reply, but it'd be impolite not to...

Fixed the spelling error:
Pugwampie --> (*^.^*)

My sincere apologies for any gremlins that may've spontaneously spawned(?) from it. (¬.¬')...

Carry on - I guess?
(Feels wrong encouraging 'gremlin-work', but I guess even they need to...eat...)
--C.

:D

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Psiphyre wrote:

Will this include art for entries in the Bestiary that didn't have any, e.g. Pugwampi, Janni, Salamander, Xorn, etc.?

??

Please & thank you.

--C.

Yes. There is art for every statblock in the Bestiary on the corresponding creature's cards.

(Also as an aside for a question/comment posed upthread, the price increase above the Bestiary is partially in part due to this increased art as well as the cost of packaging such a deck. When it comes to cards that come in decks larger than 55 or 110, the increased cost in printing cards isn't affected nearly as much as the increased cost in packaging, as the printer needs to create new dies and such.)

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Subscorpian wrote:
Could someone confirm the 5x8 card size? Just heard Erik Mona mention 4x6 in the "2019 and Beyond" Gen Con panel and wanted confirm the size.

I can confirm that the product description is in error and the cards are indeed 4x6.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

More art? Ooo...

Dark Archive

Adam Daigle wrote:
Subscorpian wrote:
Could someone confirm the 5x8 card size? Just heard Erik Mona mention 4x6 in the "2019 and Beyond" Gen Con panel and wanted confirm the size.
I can confirm that the product description is in error and the cards are indeed 4x6.

Thanks, Adam.

How big is 4x6 in centimeters? ;-)


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

4x6 is about 10 cm x 15 cm. It's similar to the "10er" photo format.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

For comparison, if anyone has the 5E equivalent product the big cards in that set are 5 x 3.5 inches so these will be comfortably larger than those.

Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Product description has been updated to reflect that the cards are in fact 4x6 inches, rather than 5x8. Sorry for the confusion!

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks Katina! *high five*


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Still says 5x8 for me.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Says 4x6 for me.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Now it's updated.


I love that this product exists, but I don't think I can justify buying them


Pathfinder Adventure, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Subscriber

So are these as thick as the pawns then? They use the same wording - sturdy cardstock.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Pathfinder pawns are about 1/16 inch thick, I think. So if these cards were a thick, the stack of 450 cards would be about 28 inches high, so about 1-1/3 ft, or 70 cm. I don't think that's remotely feasible to package. Even if they put two stacks next to each other, the package would have to be more than 1 ft high.
:)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

5 people marked this as a favorite.

I just had my hands on the first printer sample—it's heavier than the Bestiary itself! The cardstock is reminiscent of playing cards in thickness and flexibility.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

4x6, playing card thickness... all that is missing is that they aren't in my hands yet.... man this is a welcomed addition.

These will be a success, so my next question is: Will we have to wait for a Bestiary 2/3/4 release or are there plans to get the Adventure Path/Standalone Adventure monsters out before new Bestiaries?

I feel like AP/Adv decks have a golden opportunity to get NPC stat blocks in our hands with art too :D

Dark Archive

Vic Wertz wrote:
I just had my hands on the first printer sample—it's heavier than the Bestiary itself! The cardstock is reminiscent of playing cards in thickness and flexibility.

Vic,

how much is the weight of the printer sample roughly?

I really like that Paizo is finally doing these kind of cards for the Bestiary creatures.

Starfinder has the Deck of Many Worlds upcoming, but the cards in that product are more traditionally in size i think.

I hope that we will see many more innovative products in the future (like the Combat Pad, Flip-Tiles & Pocket Editions already were) and applaud Paizo for continually coming up with such great products.

Questions:
1) Has there been a decision considering Pocket Editions for Starfinder?

I realize it is too early for Second Edition Pocket Editions and you also have to wait how these Battle Cards sell to decide about similiar products.

2) How high is the possibility for Poster Map Folios for Starfinder and Pathfinder Second Edition?

Ulysses Spiele did make a big fold-out poster of Absalom Station as a promo and i would love more in that vein.
I also heard that a big poster map folio of "Absalom, City at the center of the world" is planned in conjunction with the release of the hardcover book about the City for Gencon 2020 (which is incredible), but how about a "Solar system" map folio or one for "Age of Ashes"?

Thank you for your time.


This Product seems to get absolutely awsome.
Maybe the cards are a bit huge. I would prefer smaller cards due storage reasons but no longer carying a lot of books with me is an great improvement.

When i prepare an adventure i can choose monsters and take only those cards with me i need. Not the whole heavy book anymore.

As a suggestion its maybe an option to laminate those cards. I have seen this from other supply creators already and it maked it possible to do adventure specific remarks on the cards and later on wipe them away when you do not need them anymore.

I definetely order this.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Marco Massoudi wrote:
how much is the weight of the printer sample roughly?

I can't check it right now, but the last estimate I saw was 3.5 pounds.

Marco Massoudi wrote:
1) Has there been a decision considering Pocket Editions for Starfinder?

Timing still to be determined, but it'll happen.

Marco Massoudi wrote:
2) How high is the possibility for Poster Map Folios for Starfinder and Pathfinder Second Edition?
Marco Massoudi wrote:
I also heard that a big poster map folio of "Absalom, City at the center of the world" is planned in conjunction with the release of the hardcover book about the City

I think you answered your own question about 2E. As for Starfinder, if we haven't announced anything, I'm not about to.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Moghediena wrote:
Maybe the cards are a bit huge.

If they were any smaller, either the print would be too small to read, or a lot of monsters would have to be spread over multiple cards.


Vic Wertz wrote:
Moghediena wrote:
Maybe the cards are a bit huge.
If they were any smaller, either the print would be too small to read, or a lot of monsters would have to be spread over multiple cards.

Well, i am ok with very small printing (font size down to 6 is ok) but its ok with me. I am very much excited and i like to test it out.

As i said, its a great improvement because normally i only need a handful of monsters for a whole evening.

But as a suggestion as i said:
A plastic coating would be a great improvement because it allows notes directly on the monster card. I often modify the monsters slightly to give them the final tweak.
I now use the combat pad (one of the best products i bought) and fill it with notes when i plan an evening. But its always full :-)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Yeah, it would be great if the cards are coated (like maps) to handle dry/wet erase markers.

@Moghediena: I mean, congratulation on your eye-sight, but I think 4x6 is a good size.
Making the cards smaller (and thus either having more cards or having smaller font size) seems like not a good idea for the product, even though it might make it (slightly?) cheaper.
Also: if the font is smaller, I'd have a hard time 'tweaking' monster stats on the card.

If the cards aren't coated (I doubt they are, but who knows) I think a small post-it note might do, to remember the weak or elite adjustment.
For more detailed adjustments I'd probably just copy the page from the Bestiary and mark changes on that piece of paper. Maybe that could work for you too?

-----------
I personally wouldn't have minded the cards being 5x8, but I get that would be a cost factor and the cards are already not a cheap product, in comparison to the Bestiary book. Still think they are very much worth the price, but we'll see once I have them in hand.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Vic, any plan to produce pack with Ap variant monster/ new monsters /NPC?

I think those would be usefull while running AP as much for stats reference as for showing NPC to the player.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Moghediena wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Moghediena wrote:
Maybe the cards are a bit huge.
If they were any smaller, either the print would be too small to read, or a lot of monsters would have to be spread over multiple cards.
Well, i am ok with very small printing (font size down to 6 is ok) but its ok with me.

I'm not.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Franz Lunzer wrote:

I think a small post-it note might do, to remember the weak or elite adjustment.

I’m hoping there’s a couple of cards with these generic reminders in the deck as a reference.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Steve Geddes wrote:
Franz Lunzer wrote:

I think a small post-it note might do, to remember the weak or elite adjustment.

I’m hoping there’s a couple of cards with these generic reminders in the deck as a reference.

I'd rather those cards be used for something else since the Elite/Weak adjustments are on the GM screen.

1 to 50 of 63 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Bestiary Battle Cards All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.