ADQ Table 2

Game Master chillblame

Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods
Sterich and Keoland
roll20 link


201 to 250 of 775 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

awake or not:
perception: 1d20 + 13 - 10 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 10 = 4
"zzzzzzz...loud snore.....zzzzz….loud snore....zzzzz"

given that in human form I look like a hairy nature loving individual dressed in leaf / wooden looking clothes with no apparent weapons...can I assume that I'm still wearing my gear? or will there be a pile somewhere that I will need to get my stuff from?


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Sleep tight Princess Peach, Mario is coming!


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Not sure what I can see with Low-Light vision but here is my roll.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19


Ungor the Dire wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

ungor:
Anything magical has been removed. The ring is somewhere else, the rest is in a pile on the other cart. A quick search will locate them. The money is also absent.

Another two ogres slip away after heavy blows.

perception: 1d20 + 5 - 10 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 10 = 15

oh dear

1d2 ⇒ 1


Brother Hawthorne finishes his ogre and gives a thumbs up to Vrianna. But a pottery flask near the ogre is dislodged, making a sudden noise. The ogres wake up.
Round 1 starts. Moving to standard initiative.

Vakmu: 23
Rommin: 22
orc leader 2: 21
Brother Hawthorne: 16
Vriaana: 16
Fergus: 14
Frost Giant (Big Johann): 14
ogre leader 2: 14
ogres: 12
ogre leader 1: 6
orcs: 6
Fenla: 5
orc leader 1: 1

Vakmu and Rommin are up. Perception DC15 to determine what is going on. Brother Hawthorne and Vrianna don't need to, they are very aware. The ogres are still prone and flat-footed until they act, but the camp is now alerted. However, alerted does not mean they understand what is happening. Except for the ogres.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

First off, the perception check
perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

As planned, it's wakeup call time for all our sleepy friends

Hearing the distinct crack of breaking pottery in the cool night air, Vakmu pops up from behind his rock, advances 20 ft Move action and then, as per the planning, casts a Thorny Entanglement. standard Action

DC18 for Chill's convenience, I have marked both the inner (green, entanglement) and outer (orange, damage) radii on the map. Next post will be a rather large stack of attack and damage rolls : "Any creature that moves within 15 feet of the spell’s area is attacked once on its turn by the animated plants. The plants use your caster level as their base attack bonus and add your spellcasting ability score modifier (Intelligence for witches; Wisdom for druids, rangers, and shamans) to the attack roll." as I assume everything in area is going to try to move... As a gameplay suggestion, assign the damage first, then you don't have to rolll the saves for all of the orcs...

I will move Fergus when his turn comes up - I currently plan a run action - 80' of movement, towards the action....

With regards to the map, I have left the green squares on the map to show Chill how I drew/lined up the circle. I'll delete them once he is good with the placement/drawing


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

I count 35 in the attack area. Attack rolls are at +12 ( +7 caster level, +5 Wis ), against a flat footed (and potentially non-armored if they were sleeping w/o armor) AC. Damage is 2d6 piercing. Targeting is in initiative order – ie when they will move

Orc Leader 2
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
Frost Giant
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
Ogre Leader 2
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
Ogre Leader 1
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Assorted Orcs and Dire Boars
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8
Edit in Potential Crit
Thorny Entanglement Critical Chance: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Edit in Potential Crit
Thorny Entanglement Critical Chance: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Orc Leader 1
Thorny Entanglement Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 TE Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

I’m assuming the dire boars are acting on the same init as the orcs who ride them…


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

Perception 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24

Rommin smiles when he hears the sound. So, they won't have all of the fun after all. His hand drops, signaling to the others that the jig is up.

As his hand drops, it goes to his quiver. Drawing forth a long shaft, he nocks it, draws and releases it, hoping to end an ogre before it can even rise.

I believe I have a clear line to one of the ogres, who is backlit by the fire for me. Rapid shot, deadly aim bow attack.

Longbow shot with deadly aim 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 2 = 10.
Damage 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Longbow shot with deadly aim 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 = 20.
Damage 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Heck, I missed splitting out the Mammoth because he is not on the init order. Steal the last orc attack, before Orc Leader 1 and tag it to the mammoth


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Ok, in the interests of letting GM Chill get through all his monsters tonight, I have marked a pink X on the map, where Fergus's 80' of movement (run full round action) will get him to. So anyone, Chill included, can move Fergus there, once it's his point in the initiative order and we can get on with the turn, rather than wait for me to wake up and see the thread...


ugh. So much damage. For the sake of my sanity, I will apply the damage now


Phew. damaged applied. many fatalities

The ground suddenly comes alive, with orcs and boars screaming


late here. i'll sort out the rest when I wake


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Think of it as me doing you a favor, so now you don't have to worry about moving so many icons...

chillblame wrote:
late here. i'll sort out the rest when I wake

Have you rolled the saving throws (DC 18) for entanglement? Are you going to mark the icons of those entangled or do we have to make some sort of a perception roll to see that?

Just to confirm, you have't acted for Orc Leader 2 yet, so Hawthorne, Vrianna and Fergus will only go after you do.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

and I will continue to snore until I'm told the battle wakes me up; puts me on the board; and I see an initiative :)


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

Rommin says "Wisp. Wake the prisoners and tell them to be ready to move when we free them. Tell them not to flee into the darkness without us; the ogres and orcs would have the advantage away from the fires. Go."

With that, the thrush darts away from his companion, towards the prisoners.


Orc leader one (Bosh the basher) wakes with a start to a loud noise. Then plants tried to eat him (he's not too bright). Darts and thorny branches lash over him, but he takes no damage. He tries to get up.

reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 3

That does not go well.

orcish:
Argh! am stuck! @#$#%$%^

That also does not go well

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

orcish:
@#@#%^$^$%$%#%$%#%


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Vrianna and Brother Hawthorne have been moved on the map as they beat feet to the SW.


Edit to my post. Bosh the basher, mighty in his tribe attempted a strength check to break out of the entangle. He got a 12, thus failing. My post above got Bush wacked by the paizo goblins, so that bit was lost


With a great cry "THE JUSTICE OF BAHAMUT IS UPON YOU!", sword out and shield ready, Sir Fergus races to the sound of battle !

Run Full round action to move 80'. I have moved his figure.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Hearing and seeing the crazy human rushing headlong into the fight, Brother Hawthorne comments to Vrianna, "that fool will get himself killed some day!"


Female Half-Elf Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 7 | Initiative +9 |Perception +15 | Fort +9 Ref+8 Will +10 | HP 50 AC 20 CMD 20

Equally as confused as her partner in stealth by the paladin's behavior, Vrianna somehow manages to shrug as the two keep running to lead any pursuers to their traps. "At least he waited for us to finish." She says in what might have been an attempt at a joke.


Fergus charges across the plain, screaming warcries.

Big Johann attempts to live up to his name

reflex roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

strength roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

With a mighty roar, Big Johann lives up to his name, ripping the plants around him free of the ground. As more plants seek to hold him, he staggers forward, towards the charging warrior

One of the ogre leaders attempts to break out of the plants

reflex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

strength roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

But he fails dismally

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

The other attempts the same

reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

strength roll: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

He rips himself free and advances. But not far, as the plants impede his efforts


An orc archer shoots at Brother Hawthorne

shortbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

But the shadowy, darting figure is a hard target.

Some orcs attempt to break free of the entangle

reflex: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

strength roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

reflex: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

strength roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

One takes damage damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 and promptly expires. Others scurry away

The dire boars attempt to break free.

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

two take damage
damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7


Vakmu: 23
Rommin: 22
orc leader 2: 21
Brother Hawthorne: 16
Vriaana: 16
Fergus: 14
Frost Giant (Big Johann): 14
ogre leader 2: 14
ogre leader 1: 6
orcs: 6
Fenla: 5 is up
orc leader 1: 1


Oh, and Ungor wakes up. With a supernova of a headache. Please make a perception roll


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Trying to remain unseen Fenla moves to the bushes beside Rommin to get near the charging Fergus.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

*Casts Enlarge on Fergus*

Enlarge:
This spell causes instant growth of a humanoid creature, doubling its height and multiplying its weight by 8. This increase changes the creature’s size category to the next larger one.
+4 size bonus to Strength (+4 with Fenla Archetype)
-2 size penalty to Dex
-1 penalty on attack rolls and AC

A humanoid creature whose size increases to Large has a space of 10 feet and a natural reach of 10 feet. This spell does not change the target’s speed.

All equipment worn or carried by a creature is similarly enlarged by the spell. Melee weapons affected by this spell deal more damage (see Table: Medium/Large Weapon Damage).

Long Sword goes from 1d8 to 2d6 damage.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*
Fenla Welci wrote:
*Casts Enlarge on Fergus*

That spells takes a full round to cast, so he won't get bigger until just before your next turn.


Chill, is the mammoth just sitting still in the damage zone? Is it picketed?


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
Hearing and seeing the crazy human rushing headlong into the fight, Brother Hawthorne comments to Vrianna, "that fool will get himself killed some day!"
Vrianna wrote:
Equally as confused as her partner in stealth by the paladin's behavior, Vrianna somehow manages to shrug as the two keep running to lead any pursuers to their traps. "At least he waited for us to finish." She says in what might have been an attempt at a joke.

A little respect you pair of sneaky rats - here he is, doing his damnedest to draw attention away from your knife in the dark antics. He's hustling hard to put his metal plated butt on the line, to hold assorted ogres, dire boars and so forth away from Fenla and Rommin...


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Ungor, I see in the Roll20 chat you think you will need a huge bear icon in a couple of seconds... I would think carefully about that. I'm not quite sure that picking a no-equipment fight with 6 dire boars, and the rest of the party out of supporting range is really a good plan...


pad300 wrote:
Chill, is the mammoth just sitting still in the damage zone? Is it picketed?

The mammoth has moved a bit. It as yet is not engaging, perhaps because it is unnerved by the spell, and its boss has not ordered it. That can change quickly


Ungor, your character is in the wagon. Top left of the map, look for the rectangles. May I suggest you increase its size when you transform. Other people are in the wagons, BTW

Ungor wakes up and notes several things. One, he is in a cage, with a few other people. Two, there is a pile of dead orcs nearby. Three, there are bestial screams and moving plants near him. Last he has a really bad headache, and someone stole the barrel of mead he had. Oh, and there are several dire boars standing nearby.

know nature DC 15:
They are spooked

It will require a DC 25 strength check to burst the cage. You cannot see your equipment anywhere.


Ungor init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Orc leader two attempts an action

reflex: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

strength: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

And achieves little

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5


Vakmu: 23
Rommin: 22
orc leader 1: 21
Brother Hawthorne: 16
Vriaana: 16
Fergus: 14
Frost Giant (Big Johann): 14
ogre leader 2: 14
ogre leader 1: 6
orcs: 6
Fenla: 5 is up
Ungor: 4
orc leader 2: 1


New round.
Vakmu, Rommin are up


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Vakmu continues with his measured advance, (move action, 20 ft) , and pauses to survey the battlefield. He casts a Thirsting Entanglement (DC 19. Cast a spell standard action, I have drawn a purple circle on the map (again, the green boxes are to show Chill how I placed it, and I will delete them after he has seen them. )


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

These ended turn inside the primary Thorny Entanglement area, and thus attacked when they try to move next turn for 2d6:
Attack Orc Leader 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 ; Damage for Orc Leader 1: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
Attack Orce Leader 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 ; Damage for Orc Leader 2: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Attack Ogre Leader 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26 ; Damage for Ogre Leader 1: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
Attack Ogre Leader 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 ; Damage for Ogre Leader 2: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8
Attack Johann: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 ; Damage for Johann: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
Attack Boar 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 ; Damage for Boar 1: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6
Attack Boar 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 ; Damage for Boar 2: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6
Attack the Orc Lookout: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28 ; Damage for Orc Lookout: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

Ended turn inside the secondary Thorny Entanglement area, and thus being attacked at 12 for 2d6:
Attack the Mammoth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 ; Mammoth Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

Rommin steps out from behind the boulder to get a better view of the battle. He scans above the flailing plants for a foe to target, and the massive frost giant poses an irresistible target.

Prescience 1d20 ⇒ 19, 1 of 6.

Longbow attacks at the frost giant, rapid shot, deadly aim.
To hit 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 2 = 22, damage 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 4) + 12 = 19.
To hit 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 2 = 19, damage 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 1) + 12 = 17.
To hit 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 2 = 5, damage 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (3, 4) + 12 = 19.

Edit: Let's substitute that 19 prescience roll for the 5 on the last to hit roll. That gives him a 19 to hit with it.

The numbers look different this time because I forgot to include his buffs last time.

Active effects: shield, blur, mirror image (1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 images), bulls strength and gravity bow.


orc save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

orc save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

orc save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

orc save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

ogre save: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

ogre leader 2 save: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

dire boar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

dire boar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

dire boar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

dire boar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

dire boar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

dire boar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

dire boar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

well that is depressing, only one saved


More plants explode into life, twisting and grasping at the creatures near them, a terrifying display of power. These plants lack thorns but have a sickly, hungry cast.

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 2

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 1

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 2

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 2

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 1

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 1

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 2

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 1

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 1

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 2

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 1

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 1

life leech: 1d2 ⇒ 2

One orc lapses into unconsciousness as the plants leech away his life essence. The others continue to struggle


The first of Rommin's arrows find their mark, but the third flies off into the night. Both arrows slam into the icey flesh of Big Johann, and pale blood spills.


Orc leader two attempts to cast

concentration: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 but loses the spell

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

He then collapses


Vakmu: 23
Rommin: 22
orc leader 2: 21
Brother Hawthorne: 16 is up
Vriaana: 16 is up
Fergus: 14 is up
Frost Giant (Big Johann): 14
ogre leader 2: 14
ogres: 12
ogre leader 1: 6
orcs: 6
Fenla: 5
orc leader 1: 1


Chill, don't forget saves against re-entanglement (because they ended in the area) for Ogre Leader 2 and Big Johann; reflex DC 18), they might need to break free again this turn...

Fergus slows his headlong run to protect the vulnerable, taking a position to block a charge on Rommin and Fenla. Stomping his feet, he sets himself to meet the charge of the dire boars.

I have moved Fergus for this round : a 40' double move as a full round action.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne (and I presume Vrianna?) run to the SE, across where the trap they laid will spring up if triggered.

201 to 250 of 775 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.