ADQ Table 2

Game Master chillblame

Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods
Sterich and Keoland
roll20 link


351 to 400 of 652 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

mammoth stats


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
chillblame wrote:

Tracking the Mammoth is not hard, as it only wandered a mile away and left an obvious trail. You find it disassembling a tree for lunch. It looks like it has snapped its picket off (you find that on the way to it). It is a bit injured (12hp). It had a harness that was back at the camp, basically a saddle blanket and straps. You could have collected that if you wanted.

This will require Handle animal and/or wild empathy or magic. It is unfriendly at the moment.
Handle animal is DC 33. I will give modifiers depending on your actions. Remember aid is a thing.
Wild empathy check is 18 (somewhat easier). Using this will make the handle animal roll easier.
It will probably react aggressively if obvious predators are visible to it. ie wolves or bears. This will be reflected in penalties.

I think this needs Ungor's delicate touch. I have no way of making those checks (today at least).


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla ran up to Fergus giving him a waist high hug. “ I haven’t know you long but you will be missed. You are brave to escort these former captives back by yourself. I hope our paths cross again.”

Fenla waits eagerly as her companions attempt to subdue the mammoth.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

My best option for role playing and rule playing to make the mammoth not attack us is:
1--unwildshape to human form
2--use

bear totem transformation for +2 Natural Armor:
While using totem transformation, the bear shaman may speak normally and can cast speak with animals (mammals only) at will. Using this ability is a standard action at 2nd level, a move action at 7th level, and a swift action at 12th level. The bear shaman can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to her druid level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive, but they must be used in 1-minute increments. This is a polymorph effect and cannot be used while the druid is using another polymorph effect, such as wild shape.

3--cast speak with animals to explain to the mammoth that I'm a bear that won't eat him and only want to be friendly (once I'm within wild empathy range)
4--move towards the mammoth (30' range) to use wild empathy
5--call upon Gozreh to aid me
inspired trait:
A positive force, philosophy, or divine presence fills you with hope, and is a guiding force of inspiration.
Benefit: Once per day as a free action, roll twice and take the better result on a skill check or ability check.

6--Receive any guidance or other party buffs given my explanation to the group (you can add them to my roles if anyone posts after my post)
7--Pray to the "dice gods" and roll twice and take better result

Along the way tracking the mammoth, Ungor seems to be thinking and mumbling to himself in typical bear form. Then he speaks to the group, "It seems that you would like for this beast to become part of our group. And humans generally are taken aback by my presence. Some animals of prey also don't like me to approach much. But I have an idea...I can shift back to human form in an attempt to explain to the beast that we have a huge bear that I promise won't eat him. If that doesn't work, then we may have to leave him to the wilds or worse...put him down."

I will wait to make the roll to see if the party agrees or wants to do something different


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"Well, Ungor, I was thinking that if I can get about 10 minutes standing close, say 40 feet away, to the mammoth without it trampling me, I can convince it's spirit to work with us as if it was a trained animal ( Animal Purpose Training ) , at which point we can get it to lead us back to where it was last stabled, which is presumably the Hill Giant's steading."

The problem with this is the 10 minutes of Vakmu not getting trampled to death... Your wild empathy check is 1d20 + 8 (level) -1 (Cha) vs DC18? I can use guidance on you, but I'm not even sure it applies "+1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check." Does Wild Empathy count as a skill check? Does Fenla or someone have a charisma boosting spell? (eagle's spendour)

I do have a slightly different proposal for your approach though. You don't actually need to be able to speak with animals to use Wild Empathy. So how about 1) use wildshape to turn into one of those birds that eat parasites off of larger animals (mammoths), and land on it's back - this should be something it ignores. proceed to 5)... 8) Signal the party that it is safe to approach provided you don't do something stupid (with a pre-arranged series of calls, or perhaps flying 3 consecutive circles above the mammoth or some such...). Step 1) may require a K Nature check from you

"A slight modification to your idea. Do you have to be in human form to make friends? Could you shift into a bird that eats parasites off of large mammals? I can't see him attacking such a bird, even if you landed on him. You keep him relaxed and calm, and I just walk up to him, nice, slowly and openly; offering no threat...


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

My read on wild empathy is that it is a skill check. "A druid can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person. The druid rolls 1d20 and adds her druid level and her Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result." and minor correction is that my level is 7 so 1d20 +7 (level) -1 (Cha) vs DC 18 but roll twice and take better result.

Ungor begins another grin at the mention of shifting into a bird. "My friend...Gozreh blessed me with the ability to merge human and bear into a single instrument of her dominion over nature. While I do have the ability to transform into lesser creatures, it is at a much lesser effect. And I only have 1 more transformation remaining for the day. So if I do form into a small bird, I would have to remain so or revert to my 2 legged form. It is my belief that Gozreh gave me the minor bear transformation on 2 legs to deal with the other lesser nature creatures. In this form, I gain the gift to speak with all animals. Some can be reasoned with and others are very difficult to overcome stereotypes. In either case, the mammoth will HAVE to get used to a giant bear one way or the other because we do have one. It is my hope that I can do basic reason with it."

since the group has seen him transform into "human form", I'm sure there is some sort of K-Nature check to see that Ungor is not quite human.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne shakes his head repeatedly during the trip, sometimes asking, "Now why do we want the hairy elephant to join us again?"


You near the Mammoth. do you sneak up to it, or approach openly?

If you sneak (or some of you do) make stealth rolls

mammoth perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

That mammoth is dynamite! Must have some levels or rogue!


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

In general Ungor doesn't sneak (-7 stealth check)...barring any last minute "Ungor please change your mind" discussion...I expect to execute my original step 1-7 above...when the time is right, use the below

Ungor talks to the mammoth:
As Ungor approaches the beast's location, he shifts into a "human form" and then seems to shift again slightly. His skin appears to harden up and become covered in thicker hair than normal. In this form, he casts a spell ("speak with animals") and does his best mammoth language as he approaches, while calling upon all of his abilities given to him by Gozreh to make the beast understand peaceful intentions. (in mammoth) "Hello big one. You appear to be lost and in need of assistance freeing yourself from those ropes. Mind if I come forward and help?" presuming there is some remaining "tied up" gear attached to the beast "And how do you feel about bears? I happen to have a very friendly bear that I can assure you is a friend of all the beasts in the forest, including mammoths." May not have any real effect but for flavor text, I'm trying to get the beast to be at ease for my true form, when I change back into the huge bear.

wild empathy #1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 +7 (level) -1 (Cha) +2 (wearbear-kin Animal-minded...forgot this bonus in my description before)
wild empathy #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 +7 (level) -1 (Cha) +2 (wearbear-kin Animal-minded...forgot this bonus in my description before)

Huzzah for HeroLab reminding me about +2 wearbear-kin animal-minded!!! presuming the DC remains 18.

(in common tongue)"There's a good mammoth."


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

As Ungor walked towards the mammoth, Vakmu mouthed a quick benediction, "Spirits go with you"

Huzzah for Herolab indeed. Further, Vakmu would have cast guidance on you before you closed with the Mammoth - which might give you a further +1 on the check, if it was within the 1 minute duration of guidance.

After Ungor has calmed the mammoth, Vakmu will approach, from the stand of trees the rest of the party had been watching from. He doesn't try to hide, but moves slowly and calmly, like you would approach a skittish horse. Stopping 40' away, he will cast Animal Purpose Training, using his Lesser Extend Metamagic Rod.

There is no save, there is a 14 hr duration with the rod. Vakmu will train the mammoth for the purpose of "Hunting (DC 20) An animal trained for hunting knows the tricks attack, down, fetch, heel, seek, and track." (from the handle animal skill) .

After that, we will get him out of the remains of the picket and whatever other bits of harness are on him. Take 10 on the handle animal check (untrained) >>> 10+3 (Cha) = 13 (Need a 12 for a wounded animal). While doing so, I will get a good look at the harness and such & sneak a Detect Magic in there, Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28, not that I expect to find anything.

Then Ungor can ask him to lead us home, given he speaks Mammoth now... Vakmu will cast Nature's Path on the Mammoth when we set off so his travel counts as if on a road (& this benefit extends to the party as we follow him). At this point, we should have a guide to take us to the steading...

Questions for Chill: 1) The mammoth is presumably already domesticated as a combat trained mount (the frost giant was using it as such after all). After 14 hrs under the influence of the spell, he's probably pretty used to the party. Will I need to keep casting Animal Purpose Training, or will he come to accept the party as handlers?
2) How heavy is the mammoth harness from the camp? This is because if it's light enough, I will take it along in my Handy Haversack.


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla watches from a safe distance and thinking to herself that she would not to be anywhere near that thing if it started to trample anyone. I hope their plan works. She thought to herself.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

while I just woke up feeling refreshed (albeit in a cage), isn’t your party in the middle of forced marching? Do you want to continue now or wait until morning?


I assumed you waited until the afternoon. If so, you are rested

The mammoth focuses on Ungor but takes note of the rest of the party in the distance.

Bears are not friendly! I will crush them! You smell wrong bear-man. It stamps its foot on the ground, with such force as the cause it to shake. However, you seemed to have calmed it a bit (moves from unfriendly to indifferent)
the bindings are of no moment
It eats part of the branch it has ripped free from the tree.

A handle animal roll is needed. Due to your efforts, the DC has dropped to 24. If you want to make it more friendly, make another wild empathy roll, which will lower the handle animal roll further. It is hurt. It would let you approach and heal it. This would give you a +4 to your rolls

know nature DC23:
The is a cow mammoth and is still somewhat distressed about the events of the battle.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

K Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Good Dicebot!
Chill, if it is indifferent, is it willing to either a) let someone else approach within channel range (30') to heal it, or b) cast at 40' away? (Is it even smart enough to recognize spellcasting?)


It would let ungor in close enough to heal it, but not others. Consider it to be indifferent to ungor, hostile to the rest of you. This can change with further rolls.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

good news is that I always have 1 cure spell prepped for random mammoth encounters that need healing as a precaution

”Valmu, can I have your blessing of guidance once more?”. Ungor sees the beast is wounded and uses his new found “not hostile” presence to advance forward. He speaks again in mammoth ”Well I can show you that I may smell bad but I’m actually a good forest agent.”. Ungor casts a spell (Cure Light Wounds). CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7.
”There...doesn’t that seem better? It would be nice if you would help us and we can continue to help you.”

if you allow take 10 then I tap the new DC 24 for Handle Animal. Take 10 + 7 (ranks) +3 (class skill) -1 (Cha) +1 (guidance) +2 (wearbear-kin bonus) + 4 (healing circumstance bonus from GM) = 26


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Quietly, so as not to disturb the mammoth, Vakmu replies: "Absolutely Ungor, but you'll have to come over here first, I don't want to spook our potential new friend..."

Vakmu will use Guidance on Ungor when he backs off from the Mammoth; Ungor then has a minute to get back to the mammoth after the casting.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

"I'm still unclear why we need this thing," Brother Hawthorne says to no one in particular.


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

"I followed it because I thought it might retreat back to wherever it considered home. I believe they are on a mission of mercy now."


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
"I'm still unclear why we need this thing," Brother Hawthorne says to no one in particular.

Out of the side of his mouth, Vakmu replies : "Respect the spirits o priest of Charmalaine. If there is no need for one the mammoth spirit's children to suffer, I would not neglect them... I might need their blessing later. Not to mention, I have plan, we need to find this steading, and I am guessing our large future friend can guide us to his previous stable."


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla chuckled at brother Hawthorn. ”Personally I hope we get to ride this huge beast!” She said gripping her fingers together, her eyes wide.


The great beast sighs loudly, relieved at the removal of the injury (for the most part)
Forest, hmph. I live for the plains. Forest is simply to be eaten.

It then looks back towards the battlefield. where is the cold master? He has not come. This is strange. And the moving green, so unnatural.

You have made the mammoth friendly to you, Ungor, and indifferent to the rest of the party


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Seeing the mammoth relax, Vakmu will sidle forward to a spot 35' from the mammoth and begin chanting and gesturing, quietly but the sounds still carrry.

Casting Animal Purpose Training, extended using his Lesser Extend Metamagic Rod. Casting Time is 1 minute, so he's busy for a bit here... Duration is 14 hrs with the exted. He will instill the purpose of "Hunting (DC 20) An animal trained for hunting knows the tricks attack, down, fetch, heel, seek, and track." (from the handle animal skill)

After that, it's time to get our new lady friend out of the remains of the picket; Vakmu will use Handle Animal to aid another for Ungor's check, Take 10 on the handle animal check (untrained) >>> 10+3 (Cha) = 13. [ooc] In the process, Vakmu will get a good look at whatever harness and such she has on. [ooc] (Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28, not that I expect to find anything. Vakmu will also sneak a Detect Magic in the process.

Ungor, obviously, Vakmu doesn't speak Mammoth like you, so you're the one handling chit-chat with our new lady friend.

While this is going on, Vakmu will chat, a bit with Ungor ( when Ungor's not talking with the mammoth) : "Ungor, can you quiz her a bit, and find out if she can lead us back to this giant steading we are supposed to find?" , and with Fenla : "Well Fenla, no rides today I think, I have asked the spirits to give her the tools she needs to be a hunting beast to lead us back to the giants' camp. But after that, I do like the way you are thinking... if she's tame enough to be trustworthy, I could see the whole party in a Howdah on her back. Travelling like a bunch of potentates".


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

”Vakmu, I can continue to ask our new 4-legged friend questions but my ability to speak intelligently to the beasts of nature is limited and not infinite.”. 7 minutes a day. I would estimate I’ve burned 3 minutes so far

(In mammoth) ”Seems like you are becoming an honorary member of our herd. Do you think you can show us the way back to where you came from with the cold one? Oh and I will say that the cold one won’t be coming back. The moving green attacked him and he fell back to the dirt.”. 1more minute used


The mammoth is taken aback oh
It seems saddened.

the cold master and I travelled far, many days. The deep mountains of ice, near the great plains. She says at last

You think she is talking about her original home, not the hill giant chief's steadding.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

i love talking mammoth and being the “face” of the party. :)

”Seems this discussion is going to take a few more minutes to get actionable information.”

(In mammoth) ”That sounds like a long way from your cold home. Was there any closer location that maybe had a few more of the big 2-legs? Maybe not even cold ones? That you remember the way back to and would show me?”


ugh! You mean the bigger smelly ones? You don't want to go there


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"Those would be the ones! We need to get rid of the bigger smelly ones. Can you take us there? Maybe even help us get rid of the bigger smelly ones."


make a wild empathy check, please


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"Vakmu, I believe that we are coming to a critical diplomatic juncture. It may be beneficial to have your god's blessing again."

expecting a guidance spell but if not, then subtract 1 from the next roll

(in mammoth)"Pretty please?" wild empathy check: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11 (extra +1 is guidance)


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Vakmu is happy to cast guidance on Ungor, but having listened carefully to what Ungor said, he takes the opportunity to make a 20' move away from the mammoth after he does so...
a critical diplomatic juncture... rolls a 2 ....


Well, influencing a friendly creature is DC 10 +/- the creatures CHA bonus. which is minus 2. So it suceeds.

Oh, Okay. She sighs.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"Success!! I believe Vakmu we have what you wanted. A guide that will take us to the steading and if I haven't misinterpreted my 'mammoth', she may be willing to help us rid the place of the 'big smelly ones.'"

Chill, Given there was an implied statement along with the question and Ungor got an "Okay". He assumes that the mammoth is willing to help us rid the place of the giants at least. and given the back-forth, I would estimate I burned 6 mins of my 7 mins/day speaking with animals. I will save my "last minute" until we get closer to fighting.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Dr. Evil Voice
Excellent!
Turning to the rest of the group,
" How does everyone else feel about a night march? It's an hour or so until sundown. We can either camp, and spend another day, or we can march until say midnight, following our mammoth guide here, rest for a 8 hours and then get back to a normal schedule tomorrow... I would suggest though that we proceed without lights - they attract to much attention at night.
Ok, I have darkvision, Rommin, Vrianna, Ungor and Fenla all have low light vision... Brother H can you handle being in the dark? The other consideration is that we will need to sort out the watch schedules for
a short rest. Fenla, Vrianna and Ungor all need 8 hrs of proper rest to prepare their spells. Thankfully Rommin and I both only need 2 (ring of sustenance), so we should be able to keep at least 2 people up for the whole night. Even if we take F, U and B out of the schedule to get their 8, this should be doable, especially as both Rommin and Vakmu have familiar equivalents to keep watch while they sleep.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

It's not my fault!


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
It's not my fault!

True. Is your character willing to do a a night march without lights? If not, what alternative are you proposing?


Ungor, you got the feeling that the steading is around a day and a half away, from the Mammoth's recollection. Up in the mountains in front of you.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

I'm guessing none of you cool spell caster types actually has darkvision to cast? Well, then how about light? Hmmm, brightest night is an hours long 1st level spell to grant low light vision that just about every class gets. If nothing else, I guess I'm in the dark.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
I'm guessing none of you cool spell caster types actually has darkvision to cast? Well, then how about light? Hmmm, brightest night is an hours long 1st level spell to grant low light vision that just about every class gets. If nothing else, I guess I'm in the dark.

Neither Darkvision nor Brightest Night are on my spell list. Sorry...


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

I have the light cantrip prepared and I have an everburning torch.


Point of information, full moon at night. So you can see ok. There would be penalties, but you are not blind. If a fight happens, use a light then.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Fair enough! Let's go!


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla found her patience wearing thin as the two animals conversed in a language she could not follow. She was relieved to hear that Ungor had been able to convince the mammoth to take them to the giants camp. "Nice work Ungor! that was impressive... you know... for a bear." The moon shone brightly in it's full glory as Fenla added "I have no issue with a night march, in fact my little friend here would prefer it." A small creature crawled from beneath the long strands of hair that went midway down Fenla's back. "Her name is Twlight, and she can be our eyes... well I guess ears from above." Twilight began to rapidly beat her wings rising up into the night sky to circle above the group.

Bat Senses: blindsense 20 ft., low-light vision; Perception +6
Speed 5 ft., fly 40 ft. (good)
Fly +16(good)

The bat can fly above the group in a circle letting me know if it senses anything.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

”It’s about a day and half march .... that way. “. Ungor hears 2 ‘yes’ votes and takes that as confirmation to head out with the mammoth in the direction of the steading. Those following him will have to follow the mammoth because the vegetation seems to invisibly allow Ungor to move through and then return to their natural state, even if it seemed un-navigable. standard Druid pass without a trace

Chill given that Ungor is who the mammoth is friendly to, he will preserve that friendship but would really really like to turn back to his “natural form” of being a huge bear. Can I safely shape change or do we need more roleplay/ rollplay before that is viable?


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"That's very useful Fenla, little Twilight could be a tremendous help! "

Vakmu will cast a quick Nature's Paths on the mammoth as she sets forth. Which makes her travel easier (as if on a road), and extends up to 7 creatures following her, which should be all of us. (lasts 8 hrs).

"We are agreed then, let us march in the night. Let us march for 4 candles ( until midnight - judging from in thread, it's late afternoon, call it 4 pm ) and then camp. We can continue onwards in the morning.

I propose that we march until midnight, camp and then continue our journey in the morning, putting us back on a approximately normal schedule (starting march a 0900 assuming 1/2 an hour to set and strike camp, and a 8 hr rest).

"Second, we clearly need a name for our new friend. Suggestions are welcome... but "Tiny" seems appropriate! "

First guess at a Marching Order:
Point : Tiny
First Rank : Ungor, Vrianna
Mid Rank : Fenla, Brother Hawthorne (remember it's nighttime and you have no special sight Bro H)
Last Rank : Rommin, Vakmu
Make edits if you want a change people


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

Along the way, Ungor turns back to Vakmu and in a louder than normal voice says ”I think I have an answer to your earlier question about stealth...” he pauses for dramatic effect as the sounds of crunching through the forest by a mammoth and his own armor’s loud noises is audibly heard by those in the company and surely beyond...”I don’t think that will work now that we also have my new friend as our guide.”. Ungor gives a toothy grin that even in his human form seems to almost feel like an unnatural bear snout.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"We aren't getting there tonight Ungor. In fact, it may be several days... that day and half may be for Tiny's legs, not our little ones. When we get close though, I do think we should picket her a couple of miles back - distance is a fine substitute for sneaky."

-1 on perception per 10' of distance adds up really quick when you talk about miles...

"As I said before, I don't want to go charging in there half-cocked. I say we get close to the steading, set up a hidden campsite, and recon before we strike..."


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla chuckled playfully "Tiny... It's perfect!" Feeling the earth shake beneath her little feet as Tiny plodded along Fenla added "Yes I agree with Vakmu, we definitely don't want to get it too close to the encampment. And hopefully it's big enough to scare anything else away that might want to make a meal of us on the way."

351 to 400 of 652 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.