ADQ Table 2

Game Master chillblame

Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods
Sterich and Keoland
roll20 link


501 to 550 of 779 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

”I don’t mind walking with toward the steading but I should stay out of site. Maybe I should hold up and keep the guard company?”. Teethy grin


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Wilrin is enjoying his conversation with Fenla when the halfling returns and conversation turns to strategy. He interjects, ”Scouting be all fine and good but eventually we have to be getting our lances bloody. What better opportunity are you thinking we will find?” He shrugs, ”They all be drunk and unaware ... do ye be expecting them to be in a worse state tomorrow or the next day?”


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Wilrin, the tactics discussion ended up in the discussion thread..
[b]Wilrin, it's an argument our bunch has had before. The gist of it is that some of us prefer to scout before we start the dance, while others want to jump right into serving the red wine... While I have no objections to taking advantage of the enemy being drunk and unaware, I do want to know what I'm getting into before I do it. If it turns out we have to run away, you have a spider to ride on; I have my own two stumpy little feet. Without a plan, I don't get away... We will take a vote on whether we jump in tonight after we take a peek at the steading... [/ooc]
Turning to Ungor [b]"It's 3/4 of a mile to the steading, and the sun's already falling. Provide ye don't silhouette yourself on a ridgeline, they ain't seeing nothing!"[b]
At this range, with the -1 for every 10', taking 10 on stealth checks will get you through just fine... Although that will change is we try to sneak close.


You slip down to the gate, and it is fairly easy to slip in

DC 5 stealth to get in with no problems

It is night by the time you get there, and you notice it is warmer in the valley. The building is viable in the distance as a dark shape with shafts of light bouncing out.

The ettin is still in dreamland. Smells pretty bad.

DC 20 know nature or geography:
This valley likely has a volcanic hot spring or the like, giving it a bit more warmth. The steading is built on a solid rock area, implying underground parts of the giant hold.


Moving into the valley, it is rather still, except for the raucous noise of the party.

perception DC 10:
The steading is roughly rectangular in shape, with three doors, on the south, east and northern sides. The structure is mostly made of wood, with large wooden, but iron-bound, doors. Several heavily shuttered windows are visible. It is, of course, giant-sized. No guards are visible at all.

perception DC 15:
You can see places for guards to be positioned, a spot on the roof, an area near the south door. Many tracks are to be seen. Near the south door (the main entrance it seems) is a large gong, with an earth breaker hammer (medium-sized) near it. The Earth breaker is of good make (dwarven) and is obviously used by the giants to ring the gong

perception DC 20:
The sound of snoring can be heard from the watch post on the roof, above the south door

perception DC 25:
Snoring can also be heard from inside the southern door, from more than one snorer

survival DC 11:
the tracks mostly go from the southern door. These are large and medium creatures. The eastern and northern doors are less travelled but have paw prints from large animals as well.

survival DC 20:
Orcs, hill giants, ogres and a few larger prints. The paw prints are large wolf prints

appraise DC15:
The earth breaker is of fine make, masterwork at least.

detect magic:
The Earth Breaker is magical

Hey, I have some notes on party skill checks over on the discussion tab.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 +3 vs traps, +2 vs surprised

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Brother Hawthorne points out all of the items from DC 20 and below to the party.

He patiently awaits instructions.


brother hawthorne:
Forgot to mention, but it could give you some roleplay if you want. You find a couple of covered pits on the close approach to the steading. Reasonably well made (DC22 detect), but it looks like it should be part of a wider grouping. A quick check reveals no other pits, but there are a few half dug holes, so it may be a work in progress. The pits are to the side of the main path to the south door


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Fenla detects a warmth in the air. "Interesting... Did anyone feel the rise in temperature? I bet there is some type of hot spring around here." Focusing on the structure in front of them Fenla noticed the rock formations beneath it. "Also look at the foundation of that buidling. I bet they dug into the rock formations, there is no telling how deep their structure goes. We should be cautious."

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Fenla muffled a chuckle after hearing the snoring at another post. "Ha! Another guard asleep at his post."

appraise: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Being a lover of all jewelry and metal work Fenla's gaze catches the Earth breaker. What craftsmanship... She thought to herself and almost instinctively began muttering a spell.

Casts Detect Magic

Pointing to the Earth Breaker at the gong Fenla whispered "We shouldn't leave this place without that hammer, it has a magical aura about it."


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

K Nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
+8 Skill

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 2 = 37
+15 skill, +2 alertness from familiar

Survival, Untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Wisdom

Appraise, Untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Int

Casts Detect Magic.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"Good advice Fenla, if they have dug deep dungeons, we don't know how many are in there. That hammer is definitely magical. Someone is snoring at the watchpost on the roof, and several other someones are snoring inside the southern door. Most of the track go into the southern door, those are tracks from two-leggers (like us), man-sized and up (Medium and Large humanoids) the Eastern and Northern doors have two-legger tracks, but also paw prints from large animals as well... Maybe Rommin can tell more from the tracks."

"bide for a quarter candle ( 10 minutes ) , I am going to use magic to talk to the local bird spirits...

Vakmu casts Commune with Birds . He asks "What can you tell us about the inhabitants of the building?" He's especially interested in how many of what kind (large humanoid, medium humanoid, what kinds of animals, etc.).

More questions for Chill.
1) How many stories are visible above ground?
2) How big is the building (area - 400 X 600 ft)?
3) Have we gone all the way around it? Could there be a door(s) on the west side we haven't seen yet?
4) You said the animal tracks were paw prints, so definitely not hoof-prints like cattle or dire boars would leave? (I am also assuming that rules out more mammoths, as I wouldn't call a mammoth's foot a paw either...)
5) Can we figure out something about the numbers of folks going in and out from the tracks? (assuming a high enough survival check by someone - Rommin)


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Wilrin creeps along, astride Legs, with the rest of the party but he has trouble hearing anything over his own internal monologue, Sleeping giants, what are we waiting for? He begins to fidget uncomfortably as the they wait.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Survival, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Appraise, untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne also points out that he spotted a couple of covered pits on the close approach to the steading. Reasonably well made, but it looks like it should be part of a wider grouping. There appear to be no other pits, but there are a few half dug holes, so it may be a work in progress. The pits are to the side of the main path to the south door.

He waits patiently.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

unclear on the distances and chokepoint areas, so putting in a spoiler in case we get too close to take 10

only if we have to get closer than 200', I cannot take 10 and have to roll a stealth check:
chillblame wrote:

You slip down to the gate, and it is fairly easy to slip in

DC 5 stealth to get in with no problems

** spoiler omitted **

not so fast grasshopper. :) My take 10 stealth = -2...-1 if I chant a guidance spell...which I think I'm going to do.

"May the blessing of nature make me quiet..." one minute later "May the blessing of nature make me quiet..." cast guidance and repeat

stealth: 1d20 - 12 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 12 + 1 = -10

<bear-facepalm> Guess I was chanting too loud...well here's to hoping the distance modifiers will keep him asleep

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Ungor agrees with Vakmu's assessment. guess that is why the Orc should be in charge. but he still mumbles to himself, "Orcs, ogres, hill giants, and something bigger go to that door...and there seems to be multiple sleeping inside.", as he looks to the south door. "Wolves seem to be in the other 2."


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Watching at the giant bear trying to be stealthy, Vakmu stays close (within 30') to the Ettin; if he looks like waking up, Vakmu will ask the spirits to close his sleepy eyes use his slumber hex to put the Ettin back to sleep... DC 19

Once we are well past and on our way to the steading, "Ungor, how many shapeshifts do you have left today? If we want to retain tactical surprise - ie. hit them sleeping off their party - we need to sneak in there, and that looks like it means your small form ... can you shift to small and shift back today? The alternative is magic, and I don't have a lot that can help with it, at least today. Does anyone else have anything prepared?

"If not, and we want to hit them post-party, if we camp within the next hour or so, it being just dusk, we could get up very early and hit them before they wake up, with hangovers"

I'm guessing that dusk is 1900'ish. 1 hr to make camp (2000) and gulp supper, 8 hrs sleep for casters (0400), and 1 hr for spell prep, while gulping breaksfast => 0500 tomorrow


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"Vakmu, I have several hours remaining in this form. but if I need to shift back to 2 legs, I will have one more time I can return to my natural form before I rest." his companions have had time to understand Ungor considers the huge dire bear form, his natural form


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

So you have 1 shift left before you're out for the day. Let's keep that in mind when we plan and vote once we've completed our little peek at steading...
I think we have hit all the DC's chill set. I had several questions for him. Anyone else have any Q's get them in. Or any information gathering spells ... . Once we get the results from those, we vote on our 2 courses of action (Hide and Scout vs Assault) in the discussion thread. Once we have made that decision, we can lay plan, either playing it out here, or just in the discussion thread.
PS. Ungor, can you do other than bear forms? If we rest overnight and hit them early in the morning, doing a small animal of some sort would be a real hep to your stealh, and you could go big when the alarm goes up...

"Well, lets get a peek at the steading and then decide what our plan is. But we'll keep that in mind when we plan..."


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Are any of the doors or windows open? Enough that our familiars could get in?


Many questions
1) How many stories are visible above ground?

One, not counting the watch post

2) How big is the building (area - 400 X 600 ft)?

The roll20 map is now up, see for yourself. It is big.

3) Have we gone all the way around it? Could there be a door(s) on the west side we haven't seen yet?

You have fully circled it. No other doors

4) You said the animal tracks were paw prints, so definitely not hoof-prints like cattle or dire boars would leave? (I am also assuming that rules out more mammoths, as I wouldn't call a mammoth's foot a paw either...)

Yes, paw prints. Not hoof or toed prints. Definitely not bird. :)

5) Can we figure out something about the numbers of folks going in and out from the tracks? (assuming a high enough survival check by someone - Rommin)

I'll wait for Rommin for that. But from the size of the building, at least 20 giants.

Are any of the doors or windows open? Enough that our familiars could get in?

None are open, and the shutters on the windows are closed. It may be possible to go through the watchpost


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

What did I get from my Commune with Birds


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla closes her eyes and communicates with Twilight. To the top litte one and see if you can't get inside that building through the towers. See what you can sense inside.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Fenla Welci wrote:
Fenla closes her eyes and communicates with Twilight. To the top litte one and see if you can't get inside that building through the towers. See what you can sense inside.

"Fenla, also have Twilight sweep the roof and see if there are any other entrances up there besides the guardpost. Also, can Twilight tell what is the roof made of and covered with? Is there straw on top? Is there pitch on it?"


Vakmu:
after casting the spell, a number of birds cluster around you (I am assuming you moved back a distance). The birds give you a confusing answer, with differing amounts, made more hard by the fact that birds do not count well. After conferring with them you eventually get an answer between fifty and a hundred. But you are fairly certain this includes ogres and young/females (who are in a subservient position in hill giant society). Also, when they were here is also questionable, simply an 'in the last few days'. What is obvious is that this is a major centre of hill giants in this region, and it is a big party. It also has been going on for a long while. Any more questions?


boting Rommin
survival (tracking): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (17) + 19 = 36 +8 vs giants/ +2 aid


Rommin pauses.
There are a lot of them. Direwolves to the north, more than 15 of them. I'm seeing...a lot of giants. Ogres, hill giants young and old. And a bigger giant. Something like a stone, or cloud giant? And a bear? Hundreds of tracks, though many would be repeats. We take out this lot, and we will stop a real large part of the raids on Sterich. And they are drunk and exposed!


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"Ok, let's have a quick discussion - we hide in that thicket over there to do it"

After we have got ourselves hidden in the thicket, clustered tight so we can whisper "We were going to make a decision after we saw the steading. Well, we have seen it. We now know it's a big building - approximately square, 265 by 265 ft, one floor, and possible underground level(s). There are lots of inhabitants, orcs, 15+ dire wolves, hill giants, ogres and least one larger giant. Birds can't count worth a damn, and they don't pay much attention to the difference between large humanoids - so they can't tell ogres and hill giants apart - but they figure there are 50-100 big humanoids in there. That undoubtedly includes some giant kids and women. Don't underestimate the women - they can fight too. But the whole steading has been partying for a while now...The question is simple. Hit them tonight, or spend another couple of days scouting the place. We all know our capabilities, and we've discussed what we can get out of more scouting.
Who's for hitting them tonight, show of hands..."

see the discussion thread .

Ok, unless I'm really mistaken, there are 3 or 4 votes for immediate action - Ungor, Rommin, Wilrin and Hawthorne, so we're going in tonight. Anybody who objects to that, better pipe up quick... I'm going to assume that we are going in, and I will put up a tactics proposal in a spoiler in the next post.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"Well we do have a Hide Campsite spell that would give us a safe retreat site for those that cannot get away if things go really wrong. But that would take 10 minutes to set up and I wouldn't recommend too close to the building given the numbers of inhabitants you say the birds relayed. Plus, if those numbers are correct, I doubt we would have a chance against this group tomorrow now matter how much we scout. If this raid tonight doesn't thoroughly clean them out, we will need to set up guerrilla tactics in the surrounding wilds to pick off manageable sized patrols."

Ungor puts his paw in the air at Vakmu's question.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Ungor the Dire wrote:

"Well we do have a Hide Campsite spell that would give us a safe retreat site for those that cannot get away if things go really wrong. But that would take 10 minutes to set up and I wouldn't recommend too close to the building given the numbers of inhabitants you say the birds relayed. Plus, if those numbers are correct, I doubt we would have a chance against this group tomorrow now matter how much we scout. If this raid tonight doesn't thoroughly clean them out, we will need to set up guerrilla tactics in the surrounding wilds to pick off manageable sized patrols."

Ungor puts his paw in the air at Vakmu's question.

"Agree that if we don't take them on the first hit, we go to guerrilla tactics, but hidden campsite won't do as a safe haven - the wolves will scent track us right too it (not to mention other trackers)... Not that I don't have a plan...


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Tactics:

Assuming of course that we want to hit them tonight

Vakmu starts laying out his plan

Ok, I propose to rest for 8 hours and hit them early in the morning. Timeline. It is now 1930, we set up and eat dinner for ½ an hour, and start resting at 2000. 8 hours of rest pushes us to 0400 tomorrow morning, and an hour to prepare spells and such , not to mention a quick breakfast, pushes us to 0500; I’m guessing the giants will still all be sleeping it off…
We can do this because I can use a Sylvan Hideaway for us to camp in. We want to do this because it will allow those of us with daily powers to renew them, and to choose appropriate spells for an assault – for example, I will change out several entangle spells that are great outdoors, but don’t work well inside buidings…
Fenla and Ungor will bed down for the full 8. casters who need a full 8 hrs Rommin and Brother Hawthorne will sneak back and coup-de-grace the ettin, and the come back to the hideaway. I will keep watch for the first 4 hours this works because I only need 2.5 hours sleep because of Ring of Sustenance , and Rommin can take the final 4 hours also ring of Sustenance . Brother H, Wilrin, and the familiars will supplement us, while getting as much rest as they can. this should give us all enough sleep

Chill:

assuming we go through with this, Vakmu will get his hedonism time in on watch, drinking his private wine supply, smoking his pipe and reading poetry

More Tactics:

As with the battle against the warband, I have necklaces for all of you to wear, which will allow the spirits to identify you, which can be important…

In the morning, before dawn we hit the place. Brother H sneaks up and loots the hammer (check for traps, Hawthorne). Then climbs (stealth and climb) to the watch post and takes out the sleeping guard (CDG), and lets down a rope for the rest of us. That gets us in. From there, we are improvising…


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

I have put a red dot on the map. It is there as a reference. Nothing is there yet (see discussion).


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Wilrin chimes in, ”Me and Legs can be climbing too if needed.”


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

My CDG effort is virtually an instant kill, 5% chance of surviving it. 2d4+20+8d6 with a sap doesn't suck and makes for a rough Fort save. Although giants do have good fort saves. Just let me know what to kill, and I'm on it.


I will wait for a full response before continuing. Unless it takes too long


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

"We should set a rally point before we go any further. If we get separated, it will give us a place to meet up again."


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"Having decided that we are going in, are we going to sneak back and kill that Ettin before we do it?"

While the rest of the party ponders that question, Vakmu will distribute symbol marked necklaces to Legs, Wilrin, Ungor, Fenla, Hawthorne, Rommin and himself. He will also cut a necklace and extend it with string so it can fit on a huge bear... (to put on Ungor when he transforms - Ungor, remember to do this as your original spirit marker necklace will be subsumed by your wild shape effect.)

He will use spirit gum to attach a planchette to the inside of his shield, currently leaving the paper cover on.
symbol of Mirroring on the inside of the shield -programmed to only affect those displaying all 3 symbols on the necklaces - Boccob, Celestian, and Vakmu's Arcane Mark


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Hawthorne shakes his head, "don't ask me, I just work here. You're in charge, we already decided that."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
Hawthorne shakes his head, "don't ask me, I just work here. You're in charge, we already decided that."

Well, I thought so too, but there's been this outbreak of democracy around here...The steading is about a mile from where the Ettin was on the geography slide... So about an hour to get there, knife the Ettin, and come back (20 ft movement = 2 miles/hr). Are the assorted enthusiasts willing to delay an hour?


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision
Vakmu Blackhorse wrote:
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
Hawthorne shakes his head, "don't ask me, I just work here. You're in charge, we already decided that."
Well, I thought so too, but there's been this outbreak of democracy around here...The steading is about a mile from where the Ettin was on the geography slide... So about an hour to get there, knife the Ettin, and come back (20 ft movement = 2 miles/hr). Are the assorted enthusiasts willing to delay an hour?

viva le democracy!! :) I have a move of 40' so I can take him there and back in half the time? and I won't leave tracks.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Democracy out of character!


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision
Rommin Hawkridge wrote:
"We should set a rally point before we go any further. If we get separated, it will give us a place to meet up again."

"Recommend we use either the hide campsite or sylvan version Vakmu has at the rally point to at least provide an invisible hide spot. The wolves may have scent but I cannot be tracked." I'm taking Trackless Step quite literally when it says "druid leaves no trail in the natural surrounding and cannot be tracked...which I extend to scent based tracking. :)

"I can increase everyone's carrying capacity that should last through the night raid. Be sure to grab anything not tied down that could be used for information or selling later. And it may be good Vakmu that you have the outdoor spells. We could use them to cover our egress if we have to make a hasty escape...so if there are no objections to taking out the ettin, I think Brother Hawthorne and I will be back in 30 mins or so."


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Ungor the Dire wrote:


viva le democracy!! :) I have a move of 40' so I can take him there and back in half the time? and I won't leave tracks.

Damn revolutionaries! That does sound like a plan, but how much is your coup de grace damage? The fort save for a CDG is 10+damage dealt. The CDG is an automatic critical, but after that, it's a fight. Ettins have a high fort save... Also I'm not a fan of sending 1 person off to do a solo mission and get ambushed - bare is the back without a brother to guard it... Take Brother H for a ride? His sneak attack adds to the critical damage (as he has mentioned above).

"Ungor, you are fast and don't leave tracks, could you give Brother Hawthorne a lift back to the ettin and finish him off. I don't a loose end in our back trail is a good idea... Get back here as quick as possible."

Edit: I've been ninja'ed. Who taught the giant bear ninjitsu?!?


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

"You two are very brave, Good luck guys!"


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Wilrin nods his head in thanks at the offered necklaces and carefully puts one on. He places the other one on Legs and gives the spider a reassuring pat.

He echoes Fenla’s sentiment, ”Good luck.”


The Ettin is still fast asleep on your return. You can do the coup de grace as you wish. If both of Ungor and Hawthorne do the attack, it passes from sleep to death without issue.

by my calculation, Ungor, carrying Hawthorne, can cover the distance in six and a half minutes. This assumes he is hustling. So he can be there, kill the ettin, and back in a quarter of an hour or so


Fenla, could you make stealth and perception rolls for Twilight.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

My CDG attack:

MW Sap Sneak Hit vs FF: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 +2 if only one attack
MW Sap Sneak Damage: 2d4 + 20 + 4d6 + 4d6 ⇒ (3, 4) + 20 + (6, 4, 2, 5) + (6, 4, 5, 4) = 63 Nonlethal

Hopefully that puts him down, and then we can deal him loads of lethal damage and finish him off.


As noted above both of you kill him. His literally has no chance. The ettin is dead.

LOOT he has a gold bracelet and 101gp


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"One dead ettin." Ungor and Brother Hawthorne come out of the darkness and report their success to the group.

"Anything new since we've been gone?"


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Chill, This is the link to the party loot list spreadsheet.
Could you put it in the links at the top of the game thread or in the campaign info? I have updated it to include the Ettin's loot (assuming of course that Ungor and Hawthorne aren't holding out on us...)


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

A proposed marching order for this home invasion:
Brother H (sneaking ahead & scouting - his choice how far, but I wouldn't go more than 30' or so if I was him...)
.
.
.
Ungor .... Wilrin/legs (on a wall or ceiling)
Fenla & Vakmu
Rommin

Changes are welcome, of course


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Vakmu casts False Life (7hr duration)
False Life HP: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

501 to 550 of 779 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.