ADQ Table 2

Game Master chillblame

Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods
Sterich and Keoland
roll20 link


551 to 600 of 772 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Marching order looks good to me.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

order is good

if we need hide campsite at the rally point:
Ungor goes to the assigned location and spends a few mins (10) preparing the location. Then uses his trackless ability to return to the group.

Seeing the team is getting ready for battle, Ungor calls upon the divine essence of nature itself to help him in the inevitable combat.

Casts: Communal Ant Haul on everyone in the party (7 members also gets Legs. everyone has 2 hours duration) Casts: Barkskin on himself.


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

Order looks good.

For those in group that aren't as comfortable navigating the wilderness, Rommin takes advantage of the time that Ungor is preparing to coach them on getting back if they are on their own, even if it is dark. "Remember, head towards the peak that is rounded, turn towards the sound of running water when you hear it. When you get to the stream, follow it uphill until the log across it. Then leave the stream up keep going up until you get to the cave. Round peak, stream, log, always up."


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne takes the prep time to disguise himself as an ogre child.

Disguise: 1d20 + 23 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 23 + 10 = 44


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision
Vakmu Blackhorse wrote:
Brother H sneaks up and loots the hammer (check for traps, Hawthorne). Then climbs (stealth and climb) to the watch post and takes out the sleeping guard (CDG), and lets down a rope for the rest of us.

don't forget there was a loot action suggested before get started too


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Seeing the small halfling disguise himself as a rather small ogre, even for a child, she chuckled. ”Let me help you with that.”

Casts enlarge ( with +4 STR instead of +2)


Hawthorne suddenly grows to large size

note that in that form you lose all small benefits such as stealth bonus, and hit bonus. If fact you gain a hit penalty but you look like a skinny ogre now


Fenla I still need twilight's perception and stealth skill


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

No need for the spell.

Disguise wrote:
The effectiveness of your disguise depends on how much you’re changing your appearance. Disguise can be used to make yourself appear like a creature that is one size category larger or smaller than your actual size. This does not change your actual size or reach, should you enter combat while wearing such a disguise.

I should have added in the following modifiers...

Disguised as a different race: -2
Disguised as a different size category: -10

This would leave me with a 32 on my disguise check!

However, using the hat of disguise, I cannot actually change my type, but I can change my subtype! So not a giant I guess. An orc again, I suppose.


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Twilight moves into the Giant's structure.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"Brother Hawthorne, I see your gambit, but take off your necklace and stash it... Assuming there are ogre kids here, not just an active warband, sure, the locals aren't going to be as suspicious of a random orc wandering about (as they would a halfling), so it may grab you a crucial 10 seconds if they spot you, but they'll be a lot more suspicious of an orc with a major visible magical defense spell up ..." ( Symbol of Mirroring )

You gonna grab the magical hammer before you sneak up into the guard post?


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*
Disguise Self wrote:
You make yourself—including clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment—look different.

I don't see why such a spell as described wouldn't be able to hide such particulars.


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
Disguise Self wrote:
You make yourself—including clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment—look different.
I don't see why such a spell as described wouldn't be able to hide such particulars.

And if it's the magical aura that is the concern his disguise self spell would emit that anyway. And someone would need to be sober enough to cast detect magic. :D


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
Disguise Self wrote:
You make yourself—including clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment—look different.
I don't see why such a spell as described wouldn't be able to hide such particulars.

Sure, the spell would copy the disguised you, but one generic orc walking around searching for the jakes isn't that suspicious... Magically perfect exact twins that regularly blur and switch places with each other, so you can't tell which is which; that's a little more likely to be considered suspicious, right...


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.
Vakmu Blackhorse wrote:
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
Disguise Self wrote:
You make yourself—including clothing, armor, weapons, and equipment—look different.
I don't see why such a spell as described wouldn't be able to hide such particulars.
Sure, the spell would copy the disguised you, but one generic orc walking around searching for the jakes isn't that suspicious... Magically perfect exact twins that regularly blur and switch places with each other, so you can't tell which is which; that's a little more likely to be considered suspicious, right...

Ah, I didn't realize you put a mirror image type spell on it. I don't know your class at all. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Oh wait! They are all drunk and have double vision already. :p


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

I'm just getting really excited about the site of 2 huge dire bears running amok!


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

I'm happy to grab the hammer if desired.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
I'm happy to grab the hammer if desired.

It's already been detected as magic, so it's loot... I say waste not, want not. Just check for traps before you pick it up; an alarm spell as a backup doorbell is cheap...


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne sneaks to the hammer,

Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27

and gives it the take 20 treatment looking for traps...

Perception = 34


I am assuming Fenla relays this information
Twilight sees a wooden wall on the roof, behind which is a snoozing giant, with a barrel of booze. behind him is an open trapdoor leading down to a small landing (well, small for a giant) leading to a stair. The stair leads into a room with two sleeping giants in it with, you guessed, more barrels. Nothing else is moving here, and the noise is deafening. Poor twilight is rather put out.
The front door should be barred by a large beam, but it is leaning against the wall. The front door could be just pushed open.

The hammer is basically being used as a doorbell with the gong nearby. No, it's not trapped. It is just leaning on the gong.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"Good scouting job Twilight. I think that solves our wall climbing giant bear problem... Brother Hawthorne sneaks up on the snoring sentry and introduces him to his little friend (his sap) ...then goes downstairs and repeats the trick. Rommin goes with him as his backup. Oil the hinges so they won't squeak, and invite the rest of us in through the front door... "


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"Sounds like a great plan." When Brother Hawthorne goes inside and the door opens, Ungor steps up to take his position in the marching order.


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Twilight returned, Fenla could feel the stress of the situation the whole time on poor twilight. She could feel her shaking as she snuggled back under Fenla's hair, back in a place she felt comfortable. She comforted Twilight "Shhh it's ok... we will silence that snoring soon enough."

After relaying the information from Twilight, Fenla pondered Vakmu's plan. "Sounds good, lets get them while they are drunk and asleep."


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

”we be better at climbing, Wilrin mutters but leaves it at that. When the door opens he follows the plan.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Wilrin wrote:
”we be better at climbing, Wilrin mutters but leaves it at that. When the door opens he follows the plan.

"I don't doubt that Legs is better on a wall, Wilrin, but I'm not sure she's as much of a sneak..."

Turning to Fenla, "Don't forget to use Message on everyone so we can communicate quietly through you by whispering."


The map is updated. Your characters are there. Wilrin is present, as is legs and Twilight. Please check to see if you can move your characters, in case of issues. @Harthorne, your character is currently large, unless that was cancelled. You should be able to change your size if needed. Place all of yourselves into position

Inside
As you open the door, it creaks somewhat, but the noise is drowned out by the party. And boy, is it loud. Cheers, laughter and drums echo throughout. In front of you are two snoozing giants, half-drunk barrels beside them. The steading smells of mildew, ale, sweat and other less savoury odours.
All outer walls are of logs of at least 3 feet in diameter. Inner walls dividing rooms and the like are about 2 feet thick, and doors are great iron-bound log affairs of 1-meter thickness-single doors being approximately 7 feet wide and 6 feet high. All inside floors are of stone. Ceiling height varies from about 16 feet at the edges to 32 feet at the centre, and there are great blackened rafters above which hold up the roof. The Steading is in a nasty damp area, where hard rain is a daily occurrence and wet fogs a nightly event. All the wood in the place is very damp.

Roof
Over a barricade is a sprawled out giant, sleeping. A trapdoor is beyond him.

stealth and perception checks, please. Remember to roll for familiars and companions, if needed.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

My character doesn't need to be large, I'm still small, but I look like a medium sized orc.

Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 +3 vs traps, +2 vs surprised


I was referring to the enlarge spell before. If it doesn't apply, no problem. Are you climbing to the roof to get the giant there, or entering the entry? If so a climb of DC 15 is needed. You could take ten if you want.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 2 = 18
+15 skill +2 Alertness>familiar

Stealth: take 10 +0 (ranks)+ 1(dex) -3 (acp) = 8
(IIRC chill allowed take 10 on stealth checks in the big warband fight)

Vakmu is going to delay in place to let our designated CDG types (Brother Hawthorne, ?Rommin?) get up there and do the thing, rather than blow things with his terrible stealth...

Some questions
1) Should Ungor be in his Bear form = huge (3x3)? I didn't think he had shifted back.
2) Similarly, should Wilrin be mounted on legs? Not sure how you do that in Roll20 mind you.
3) About doors. "doors are great iron-bound log affairs of 1-meter thickness-single doors being approximately 7 feet wide and 6 feet high.". a) 1 meter thick or 1 foot (especially in a 2 foot thick wall)
b) 6 feet high, in a steading designed for Hill giants? Hill giants are 10'+ tall?
c) Most important, what's the Strength DC to open one of those doors? Even if it's only 1 foot thick, those are easily over 1000 lbs...
Edit d) Can Ungor's Bear form (huge), squeeze through a 7 ft wide door?


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

Before we begin to execute the plan

Ungor knows that he makes way to much noise, so he remains still until the door into the steading is opened from the inside.

"Should we spike the other doors that go into the steading? That way nothing comes out behind us?"

Once the die has been cast and we are going forward to the door
"Blessings of nature make me as quiet as the racoons of the forest." Ungor casts Guidance one last time.

If the party is taking 10, then my stealth will be a -1 with the guidance. If the party is not able to take 10,

stealth roll:
1d20 - 11 ⇒ (8) - 11 = -3

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

yes, Ungor should be huge 3x3 but I don't seem to have control of my size. Unless I'm missing something (I put the yellow aura to show the squares I want to be in)...Also, I moved my character to be 30' from the door assuming the marching order that Brother H is just inside the door once it opened and he wants to be 30' from me as the front line.

Vakmu Blackhorse wrote:

[ d) Can Ungor's Bear form (huge), squeeze through a 7 ft wide door?

[/ooc]

should be able to squeeze into half size. so it will be up to the GM if half of 15 = 7.5 rounded down. :)


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39

Perception 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35

Rommin follows Brother Hawthorne's lead. He keeps a score of paces back from the little warrior, bow at the ready. He watches for hand signals from the little fellow, trusting his judgment if he needs Rommin closer or further back.

When Hawthorne is lining up for a strike on a hapless sentry, Rommin draws his bow back in case the hardy stock of the giant-kind wins out over the deft blow.

When Hawthorne scouts ahead, Rommin will follow about 20' behind, more or less if Hawthorne wants. He'll ready an action to attack the creature if the cdg doesn't take.


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Wilrin waits astride Legs with his companions for the front door to open.

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
stealth (Legs): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Perception (Legs): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Also, I placed Wilrin and Legs in the same square. The only other way to do this would be to create a new “mounted totem” or just use one of the tokens to represent both of them.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Ungor the Dire wrote:


"Should we spike the other doors that go into the steading? That way nothing comes out behind us?"

"It'd be a good idea, if we could do quietly enough to not the alarm. But I don't know how we'd do that... So unless someone has a brainwave, I think we leave them alone...Not to mention that to really seal the place, we'd have to do the windows too."


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"Fair enough. Then I'm ready to start clearing out this steading!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

1) Should Ungor be in his Bear form = huge (3x3)? I didn't think he had shifted back.
Didn't realize that. But as I have mentioned, you should be able to adjust the size of your avatar
2) Similarly, should Wilrin be mounted on legs? Not sure how you do that in Roll20 mind you.
We will just fudge it a bit. For now, he can just use the legs token, deploying the gnome figure if he dismounts. We will just leave the second token to one side until needed.
3) About doors. "doors are great iron-bound log affairs of 1-meter thickness-single doors being approximately 7 feet wide and 6 feet high.". a) 1 meter thick or 1 foot (especially in a 2 foot thick wall)
Hmm, looks like a misprint. I lifted the text from the original module, so autocorrect may have intervened. one foot thick is the correct amount[/i
b) 6 feet high, in a steading designed for Hill giants? Hill giants are 10'+ tall?
[i]See prior answer for the source. Make the doors 10 foot high. Hill giants are about that.

c) Most important, what's the Strength DC to open one of those doors? Even if it's only 1 foot thick, those are easily over 1000 lbs...
If open, not much. DC 15. If locked...could be hard. DC30+. I will allow aid on that roll.
Edit d) Can Ungor's Bear form (huge), squeeze through a 7 ft wide door?
Yes, with difficulty


Move yourselves in. You have surprise.
A few more details. The walls have hooks on them, in a row. On the hooks are many sacks. A lever is near the sleeping giants. A quick look sees that is hooked to a collection of bells. An alarm system. a separate line goes onto the roof, so there is likely another lever up there.
Please note that huge size Ungor will have significant stealth difficulties, and will be slow (2 squares of movement) going through single doors. Double doors are OK.


Vakmu: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Rommin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Brother Hawthorne: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Wilrin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Fenla: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Ungor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Giants: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Rommin
Vakmu
Ungor
Brother Hawthorne
Giants
Fenla
Wilrin

This is a surprise round, that starts after you are in position

giants perception: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 10 = 6

giants perception: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 10 = 4

giant on roof perception: 1d20 + 8 - 15 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 15 = 6

penalties due to being drunk, noise levels and in one case, range


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

I will place and delay until after Hawthorne.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

1) The map shows Legs inside the structure - and Chill said "For now, he can just use the legs token, deploying the gnome figure if he dismounts. We will just leave the second token to one side until needed." - is this an accident? Did Wilrin somehow move there? (If so, what did he do about the doors?)
2) Are we still following the plan ( Bro H and Rommin climbing to the roof platform, CDG'ing that giant, then sneaking downstairs to take the other 2 and letting us in)?

Similar to Rommin, Vakmu is going to delay waiting for Hawthorne. Brother H, if you want I will move to the edge of the building and give you an aid another (a boost) on your climb check to get up the wall - I'd guess it's a DC 20...


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Yes, I moved Legs token there. GM said surprise round begins after we move our tokens in.


Wilrin wrote:
Yes, I moved Legs token there. GM said surprise round begins after we move our tokens in.

and the doors?


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30
chillblame wrote:


Inside
As you open the door, it creaks somewhat, but the noise is drowned out by the party. And boy, is it loud. Cheers, laughter and drums echo throughout. In front of you are two snoozing giants, half-drunk barrels beside them. The steading smells of mildew, ale, sweat and other less savoury odours.

stealth and perception checks, please. Remember to roll for familiars and companions, if needed.

In this post the GM say the door is open.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Apologies, was busy busy yesterday. I've moved Hawthorne into the building, right up to one of the sleepers, and am ready to CDG when Rommin is set on the other one.

Hawthorne motions Rommin to the other sleeping giant, and begins a countdown with his fingers...

3

2

1

and Hawthorne would CDG his opponent...

MW Sap Sneak Damage: 2d4 + 20 + 4d6 + 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 20 + (1, 2, 3, 1) + (1, 1, 1, 4) = 41 Nonlethal

Everyone else place yourselves where you want to be!


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

Ok moved Ungor to 30' away from Brother H after the CDG blow. @chill let me know if there is something you want me to change based upon the squeezing through the doors.

Ungor notices the bells as the make shift alarm and motions to his companions that are still outside the building that there is something of interest to the left.

via message spell
"Fenla, let everyone know that there is a make shift alarm to the left. and it appears that there is a trigger rope that goes to the roof."


I should note the message spell is a bit limited. The caster is the initiator of all messages. The recipients can then reply. Of course the caster can say many messages over the time, and all targets get the message unless blocked. But the caster must speak, then others reply.
It is not group telepathy.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Wilrin wrote:


In this post the GM say the door is open.

Oops, thank you for pointing that out.

Vakmu moves into position and readies an action to use his Slumber hex (DC 19) on the first giant to attempt to act. (ie. he's watching the CDG attempts; if either appears to fail, he will use slumber on the giant)


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current/if Squeezing AC 19 | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 26 /if Squeezing 22| F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision
chillblame wrote:

It is not group telepathy.

fair enough...so the whisper is only there for those that can hear my whisper :)


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Before the party moves in Fenla casts an incantation on everyone to ensure they can communicate.

Casts Message

She also prepares herself for combat
Mage armor would have been on earlier in the day
Casts Fox's cunning (14 minutes)

Fenla tells Twilight to remain outside until needed.

551 to 600 of 772 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.