ADQ Table 2

Game Master chillblame

Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods
Sterich and Keoland
roll20 link


1 to 50 of 775 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

boom


A few Campaign rules

Could everyone please put the following on their profile line

Class, level and race. Initiative bonus. Perception bonus and save bonuses. HP, AC and CMD

I will roll initiative for each combat, and list any current effects in play. I will also list players current HP, and damage done to opponents.

When in combat, if you can note what spells are currently affecting you, and your current AC if different to your normal, that would be awesome.

I encourage roleplay and inventive play, but I also expect civility from everyone. Tension between characters is fine, but not open hostility.

I will be setting up a roll20 campaign for the purposes of maps only. If you can send me an email address, via a personal post, and I will send you an invite to the page. Roll20 has a free option, which is all you need, but you will need to subscribe to it. They aren't pushy with adds or things. I will set that up within a day or so.

On occasion, I will roll perception and saves for you, as needed.

This campaign will be quite dangerous, and carefully considered actions will be rewarded. Simple charging in and trusting to the gods will likely result in a short game. Be warned.

If for some reason you cannot post, please let me know. I will bot characters for a little while, but not forever. I understand real life can be very intrusive, and I will take that into account, but ghosting is not appreciated.

I hope we have a long and interesting game ahead


The meeting with the local commander is short, as he says that time is short and the need is great. Adventurers are asked to head to Istivin as quickly as possible. He gives you the Kings token so you will not be stopped by the forces of Sterich or Keoland, and offers horses for the journey.

You leave the Refugee camp at Garethsford, cross the river and begin pushing west. The lands are quiet, with only a few moving through the area to the Javan reiver, and safety. There are still villages occupied here, but it is a nervous place. The local militia is on guard and you are watched carefully It is forty leagues (one hundred and twenty miles) from the banks of the Javan to the capital of Sterich, and the roads are basic. No raiders seemed to have pushed into this area, but as you pass people fleeing east, they tell you of giants, gnolls, goblinoids and orcs on the attack.

As you approach Istivin, you feel like you are walking into an approaching storm. An electric tingle causes the hairs to rise of the backs of your necks, and the very air tastes sharp and acrid. A sense of unease grips you, and you think someone is watching you.

You push on, and cross a rise and can now see what has happened to Istivin from several miles away. You gaze in shock. The rumours of dark magic seems to be true. Where the towers of the Earl’s citadel should rise, there is instead a large, ebony sphere as if a god had taken the city and left in its place a huge black pearl. As the characters approach, they see that the hemisphere cuts through the city around the citadel like a knife, and buildings are literally cut in two by the perimeter of the black bubble.

About a half-mile from the city, you encounter a Keolandish patrol. The leader of this group says that the area is under the King’s protection and no one is permitted without the express consent of the King’s Agent. Further, any adventurers seeking to aid in repelling the evil that has befallen the area should report to the King’s Agent.

You are given directions to the base of the King’s Agent, and his name, Lashton. Following the directions, you find him is a palatial manor, outside Istivin. You are ushered into Lashton’s chambers, which is filled with ornate pieces of art and other objects “rescued” from the city. The Agent is here with two other men, and he is bellowing something about an error in one of the books he is reading.

He looks at you as you are issued in. He is wearing a noble's outfit and has the badge of a mage of the King’s court.

Well, who the hells are you lot?

The guard who escorted you in says These are adventurers who have answered the king's call, your excellency.

Lashton looks you up and down. He doesn’t seem impressed.

Hmph. I guess standards have dropped. Well, if you are to take the King’s quest, you must understand that you obey my orders for the duration, and also those of the local military commanders. Though, of course, I supersede them. My authority comes from the King himself, as signified by his seal he has granted me.

He seats abruptly in a chair. Behind him, you see one of the other men, dressed as a priest of Pelor quietly sighs, and gently shakes his head. The second man is dressed in non-descript robes.

Lashton continues

Well, who are you? What are your skills, so I may know how to apply you to best effect?

Roll knowledge nobility if you want information on Lashton. DC 30 (he is pretty obscure)

DC 30 know nobility:
Lashton is minor nobility, from the south, and is ambitious to prove himself to the King. He is a rather potent wizard, having obtained a masters rank (higher than 9th level) He’s also known as a bit of a prat. It is odd the king trusts him on this, and that could explain the Priest of Pelor


Brother Hawthorne
Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 An auspicious beginning, to be sure.

A humble looking halfling, dressed in trail worn and patchwork priestly garb steps forward. "I am Brother Hawthorne, priest, but not cleric, of Charmalaine." He makes a gesture to the faded patch on his breast of a burning boot-print. "As a follower of the Lucky Ghost, I am best employed when one desires to not be seen. Brash and open methods are for others. Our ways are much more subtle."

Disguise: 1d20 + 23 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 23 + 10 = 46


Fergus Dragancara
Fergus lets Hawthorne speak and watches the reactions of the nobleman and the man behind him. Is he in fact the King's Agent or simply a nobleman taking advantage of being the King's Agent... I hope the first is true but at present I doubt it. He inspects the man just behind him...the preist of Pelor. He might be the man to best work if his sense of things plays out.

He steps forward, his shield is on his back and his sword is at his side. He gives a knight's bow out of respect to a lord with his hands below his head and open to the lord to show good will.

"Lord Lashton, I am Fergus DraganCara of Woodsage and Paladin of Bahamut. I am at the King's Service to follow his proclamation and assist the people of Sterich. I am at the King's service." He looks back to the lord. "It is a courageous affair on your part to take on such a noble venture for the king. You honor your position sir. I am here to lend my sword, shield, and my wisdom."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

He bows again while his eyes stay fixed on the two men judging their reaction and demeanor. As he comes up from his bow he steps back and keeps a close eye on both men but paying close attention to the Priest of Pelor. Letting his remaining companions introduce themselves.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Lashton is richly dressed, and is tall and sticklike in stature. The priest is an Prefect of Pelor, one step up from a chief priest at a Temple. The Third man, who you catch rolling his eyes at Lashton, is more humbly dressed in a plain robe. All are somewhat old.
Know(Nobility): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Know(Religion/who is the priest: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
He is a Prefect of Pelor, fairly high ranking. You don't know his name

[spoiler=Fergus Spells for the day]Adventure - martial
(1) Hedging Weapons, Magic Weapon (2) Ironskin[/spolier]


Vakmu Blackhorse

Perception 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25
The artwork here looks rather expensive. You noticed the man who is with the priest rolls his eyes at Lashton's antics

Sense Motive 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Seems legit

K Religion 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24, for any information about the priest
He is a priest of pelor, relatively high rank

K Arcana 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32, for anything observed about the magic that has affected Istivin
No idea, this is extremely powerful magic. Maybe god work? At least demon lord or devil arch duke level

The 1/2 orc, in plain but well cared for gear speaks up:
"I am Vakmu Blackhorse; mercenary and shaman. I am pleased to meet you and your advisors, Lord Lashton."


Rommin Hawkridges
As Rommin enters Instivin, he frowns. He absently fiddles with the King’s Token in one hand as he takes in the sights and smells of a city besieged by dark magic.

The black sphere is a breathtaking spectacle, as awe-inspiring as it is chilling. Whatever this is, it must be stopped before its influence spreads.

When escorted to the meeting, Rommin is forgiving of the abruptness and skepticism with which they are met. Were this a couple hundred miles east, I would be the same.

Nobility 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Lashton? How terribly is the nobility here decimated that this obscure upstart is given charge?

From cowl to heel, the elf garbed in hunting clothes, practical garments of mottled green, brown and gray cloth. A small brown and gray bird is perched on his shoulder, grooming itself. ”I am Rommin Hawkridge, a hunter from the elven lands to the east. I am committed to stopping whatever is plaguing your lands before it spreads beyond your borders.”

Spells currently in effect: secluded grimoire, fastidiousness.


Male Human (Keoland - Fo)| HP 66/66| w/ shield: AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 23// w/o shield AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 20 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Paladin (Divine Defender) 7 | Init +5, Normal vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +11 | +2 Keen Greyflame Longsword 1d8+4 17-20/x2 S| Saves: F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | CMB +2 / CMD 13

Fergus nods as the Olven hunter finishes. He turns and gives a nod of appreciation to Brother Hawthorne and Vakmu.

DM do I notice anything about the priest or the lord?


Fergus DraganCara wrote:

Fergus nods as the Olven hunter finishes. He turns and gives a nod of appreciation to Brother Hawthorne and Vakmu.

DM do I notice anything about the priest or the lord?

Please see above. I have edited the post just now


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Dotting in to get this thread on my campaign page


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

Rommin watches closely as the others introduce themselves. But it isn't the adventurers that he is scrutinizing; it is Lashton, the mage and the priest.


moving along
Lashton looks each of you up and down, impressed by some, less so by others. He turns to the man beside the priest

Algorthas, make use of yourself. Explain the situation to them. I have an idea on how to use them, but i need to see some maps. Randos he continues in a more diffident tone perhaps you can aid me.

Of course, Agent Lashton says the prefect of Pelor.

They move to another table. The other man steps up.

Well met. I am Algorthas, sometimes called the sage of Istivin, once an advisor to the Earl before this current problem. Let me explain what is happening.

He gestures to chairs

The nation of Sterich has always had to deal with the dangers of the non-human population of the Crystalmist mountains which make
up our western border. These mountains are the home of a large number of hostile races, including the various breeds of giant kind.
These giants have been conducting small raids against our western farms and towns for years, and a sizable portion of our militia has been devoted to protecting that portion of the realm. Recently, however, the number and size of these raids have increased dramatically, and worse yet, they appear to be more coordinated
than is normal for such dull brutes. It has been confirmed that several giant leaders have emerged, and these leaders are rallying their people in a genocidal war against humankind. In normal times, the nation would be hard-pressed, and aid was requested from
Keoland. But to make matters worse, a fearsome spell has befallen the city of Istivin, cutting off all normal leadership. This foul magic first appeared a fortnight ago. Some say that a powerful demon appeared in the courtyard of the citadel. Some say that a gift from another country was instead a deadly trap. Some even say the sage glances at Lashton that it is the result of meddling in arcane matters that were too powerful.
In any event, by the next morning, the entire citadel was covered by this black hemisphere. One of two things happens to those who approach the sphere. If they are strangers to the land, the sphere appears hard and solid as rock. If they are native-born, however, they can walk right through into the sphere itself. Those who entered, however, have never been seen again.
Spells seem not to affect the sphere, nor do physical attacks
.
He sighs. It also seems to be growing by the day.


Agent Lashton returns with Prefect Randos at this point.
So you have explained it. Good. Now I fail to see how you can be of any use here, as none of you are master rank wizards, like myself he pauses for dramatic effect So you can deal with with the other problem.

Randos speaks, his voice a pleasing melody.
The giants are that problem. They are organised and too damn effective. We want you to find their headquarters, and destroy it. In the process, any information on what's going on would be greatly appreciated. He lays out a map.

Now the giants of this region are ogres, hill giants and a few trolls. He points at the map Head south, along the Dayish river to the Joten Mountains. The hill giant chieftain there is called Nosnra the glutton. Be wary, he is as cruel as a knife. He sighs

Unfortunately, the exact location of his steading is unknown, so you will have to search for it. But hopefully, you can find some clues there.

Algarthas adds There are some basic supplies you can draw upon before you go. Food, that sort of thing. You should get going as soon as possible. I suggest dressing warmly, the jotuns are very cool this time of year.

Any questions


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"My Lord Lashton, it is perhaps my professional paranoia, but I think your assumption that Sterich's two problems are linked is wise; an attack on a land's leadership can be an extremely effective measure in a time of war. However, I would beg your leave to spend a day in Istivin, to investigate this black sphere; the spirits I can contact are wise and ancient - they can offer extraordinary insight..."

Diplomacy Check: 20 + 13 = 33

Looking at the map, what kind of travel time/distances are we looking at to get to Nosnra's region? Are there Sterichian outposts in the region that we could use for basing/support? Is he going to give us some sort of identifying document/travel token/whatever indicating that we work for the crown (and should be supported, or at least not opposed)?


Male Human (Keoland - Fo)| HP 66/66| w/ shield: AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 23// w/o shield AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 20 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Paladin (Divine Defender) 7 | Init +5, Normal vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +11 | +2 Keen Greyflame Longsword 1d8+4 17-20/x2 S| Saves: F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | CMB +2 / CMD 13

Fergus nods his head in agreement to the Prefect's orders.

"Prefect, I will gladly strike towards the south and will go with whoever else will go as well. Do you have any additional news on the route there? If memory serves it is nearly 60 leagues to the mouth of the Dayish River that sits at the Joten's. Is there any forts or holds that you are communicating with that we can seek shelter and rest at before we strike into surrounding areas to find this steading." He follows that up with one additional question. "Is it possible to also work with Alogorthas to gain additional knowledge of the local nobles and lords in that area near the Joten's. It will allow us to get a clearer picture of who could assist us as well as allow us to confirm if they are still providing some resistance against these forces when we arrive."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Male Human (Keoland - Fo)| HP 66/66| w/ shield: AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 23// w/o shield AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 20 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Paladin (Divine Defender) 7 | Init +5, Normal vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +11 | +2 Keen Greyflame Longsword 1d8+4 17-20/x2 S| Saves: F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | CMB +2 / CMD 13
Vakmu Blackhorse wrote:

"My Lord Lashton, it is perhaps my professional paranoia, but I think your assumption that Sterich's two problems are linked is wise; an attack on a land's leadership can be an extremely effective measure in a time of war. However, I would beg your leave to spend a day in Istivin, to investigate this black sphere; the spirits I can contact are wise and ancient - they can offer extraordinary insight..."

[Dice= Diplomacy Check] D20 + 13

Looking at the map, what kind of travel time/distances are we looking at to get to Nosnra's region? Are there Sterichian outposts in the region that we could use for basing/support? Is he going to give us some sort of identifying document/travel token/whatever indicating that we work for the crown (and should be supported, or at least not opposed)?

I believe we have a King's Token given to us in Garethsford before we left.


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

The sight of Istivin shocks Fenla. Having ventured to the city to sell her wares on several occasions she holds back tears at the sight of the abomination it has become. She hopes the friends she had made in town were part of the refugees that escaped safely.

Fenla, easily distracted by the ornate metal work rescued from the city, realizes the noble is looking at her expectantly as the others she came with have all introduced themselves.

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Not recognizing Lashton, Fenla bows; despite his brash insults towards herself and the others. "My Lord. I am Fenla Welci, a Gnome from a small farming village you have probably never heard of. I have heard the rumors of the vile creatures raiding and attacking our people. And now that I have seen Istivin I want to use the arcane arts that I have learned to help in the fight against these dark forces.

Fenla listens as Algothas tells them about the Giants and the strange magic. The magic engulfing Istivin is quite odd...None of those rumors are similar in any fashion. Fenla thought to herself. Agreeing with Lashton that this strange magic is way beyond their understanding Fenla is glad to be trying to thwart the Giants instead.

"My Lord Lashton we WILL destroy these brutes and bring peace back to the lands. I have a few tricks up my little sleeves."

Hearing Lashton's suggestion regarding warm clothes Fenla reaches into her bag and immediately withdraws her cold weather outfit. (If anyone notices they might wonder how she pulled it out so fast without having to look.)


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

"I don't know that our spending time investigating the sphere will be of much value if we cannot go inside. And any delay we make here just means more raids at the southern border."

He leans over the map. "Perhaps we can take horses to the furthest south outpost that is still manned. That could speed us up by days. Once we go into the wilderness beyond, it might be best to go on foot. Unless any of you are master horsemen; the steeds might be a liability to stealth."

He pauses, then nods. "We should store up on food. If we find their base of operations, we may have to watch it for a way to breach it. Or it may take several incursions to topple their strength."

I don't mean to undercut anyone who wants to examine to sphere; as a player, I know that might have value to it. As a character though, Rommin is more eager to get to the battle than ponder the more esoteric threat.


Male Human (Keoland - Fo)| HP 66/66| w/ shield: AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 23// w/o shield AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 20 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Paladin (Divine Defender) 7 | Init +5, Normal vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +11 | +2 Keen Greyflame Longsword 1d8+4 17-20/x2 S| Saves: F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | CMB +2 / CMD 13
Rommin Hawkridge wrote:

"I don't know that our spending time investigating the sphere will be of much value if we cannot go inside. And any delay we make here just means more raids at the southern border."

He leans over the map. "Perhaps we can take horses to the furthest south outpost that is still manned. That could speed us up by days. Once we go into the wilderness beyond, it might be best to go on foot. Unless any of you are master horsemen; the steeds might be a liability to stealth."

He pauses, then nods. "We should store up on food. If we find their base of operations, we may have to watch it for a way to breach it. Or it may take several incursions to topple their strength."

I don't mean to undercut anyone who wants to examine to sphere; as a player, I know that might have value to it. As a character though, Rommin is more eager to get to the battle than ponder the more esoteric threat.

Fergus listens to the wise council of Rommin. "I am used to fighting mounted and can handle the horses. I agree with you that once we go into the less forgiving terrain their benefit becomes a liability. However, we could use them to carry gear while we walk. It would benefit us to have a few horses for supplies and in the event we need to bring a member back that is severely wounded or worse."

Fergus in this regard would simply address the orders given. At this point he would suspect any attempt on his part to push an alternative agenda on the agent will meet with limited success. And there is not much he can do with a magical solid black crystal sphere engulfing an entire city that a wizard (self-inflated or otherwise) couldn't handle :)


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Nodding in agreement with the words of Rommin and Fergus, Fenla added "I'd agree, I believe the magic surrounding the city is beyond our comprehension even if it is related to the serge of attacks.

Fenla glanced down at her stocky legs. "Now if we want to get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time a horse for myself would do us good. Even though my experience with them is very little."


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne listens and observes as the group starts asking questions and making plans, but he believes that an important consideration has been completely missed.

"My apologies to you all, perhaps you all heard this, and I missed it, but I have heard no mention of payment, or risk indemnification? The offering up of a few horses and traveling supplies is not hardly an offer of payment for services rendered to the great land of Sterich. The rest of these may be altruists, certainly I expect that human there in his tin can probably is, but I, most definitely, am not." He awaits expectantly.


Vakmu Blackhorse wrote:

"My Lord Lashton, it is perhaps my professional paranoia, but I think your assumption that Sterich's two problems are linked is wise; an attack on a land's leadership can be an extremely effective measure in a time of war. However, I would beg your leave to spend a day in Istivin, to investigate this black sphere; the spirits I can contact are wise and ancient - they can offer extraordinary insight..."

[Dice= Diplomacy Check] D20 + 13

Looking at the map, what kind of travel time/distances are we looking at to get to Nosnra's region? Are there Sterichian outposts in the region that we could use for basing/support? Is he going to give us some sort of identifying document/travel token/whatever indicating that we work for the crown (and should be supported, or at least not opposed)?

Vakmu looks at the map and sees that the area indicated in a little over ninety miles to the south.

dispite the awesome diplomacy roll, Lashton is an opinionated, entitled fool in many ways. However, you did impress the other two.

At his request to examine the sphere Lashton dismissively says What, spirits? We have no truck with the dead. Only careful study into the arcane but accredited masters will resolve this. You and your group can deal with the giants

Prefect Randos says To be fair, you best leave as soon as possible, indeed within the hour if you could. The situation in the south is urgent. He gestures apologetically.


Fergus DraganCara wrote:

Fergus nods his head in agreement to the Prefect's orders.

"Prefect, I will gladly strike towards the south and will go with whoever else will go as well. Do you have any additional news on the route there? If memory serves it is nearly 60 leagues to the mouth of the Dayish River that sits at the Joten's. Is there any forts or holds that you are communicating with that we can seek shelter and rest at before we strike into surrounding areas to find this steading." He follows that up with one additional question. "Is it possible to also work with Alogorthas to gain additional knowledge of the local nobles and lords in that area near the Joten's. It will allow us to get a clearer picture of who could assist us as well as allow us to confirm if they are still providing some resistance against these forces when we arrive."

[dice=Diplomacy]1d20+11

Good. Good to see my...that royal priorities are respected. As to news on the road... He looks at Algorthas

The news south is grim. Villages have been sacked, though some still stand. There is a fort near there, but we have had no messages from them for over a week. Travel is difficult. Thus far we have good reports of Bandits, Orcs, Gnolls, Bugbears, Svarts, Goblins, Ogres, Trolls and hill giants. Less reliable reports have frost and fire giants
He looks sad
The nobles in the region have either fled, have been killed or taken, or are in hiding or resisting. We have no way to know, and not enough forces to counter the threat. The King's southern adventures...
He cuts himself off. Lashton turns red and is about to say something cutting when Randos raises his hand. Lashton subsides immediately.
Randos puts a sympathetic hand on Algorthas's shoulder.
Your land is suffering, my friend. I'm certain the King is responding to this crisis. It is unfortunate that this happened when it happened, but we must deal with what is.
Algorthas nods
I will be happy to give you what information I have on the local leaders. I shall pen it into a scroll immediately after this meeting, and you shall have it before you leave.

A few leadership tensions in the room

sense motive DC15:
Laston's authority seems subject to Randos's oversight. Lashton likely is quite competent in magical matters, but is a bad motivator, and seems unfortunately ambitious. Luckily, The Prefect is available.

know history DC 10:
The King is currently sieging a southern princes' fortress city, far to the south


Fenla Welci wrote:

The sight of Istivin shocks Fenla. Having ventured to the city to sell her wares on several occasions she holds back tears at the sight of the abomination it has become. She hopes the friends she had made in town were part of the refugees that escaped safely.

Fenla, easily distracted by the ornate metal work rescued from the city, realizes the noble is looking at her expectantly as the others she came with have all introduced themselves.

[dice=Knowledge Nobility]1d20+8

Not recognizing Lashton, Fenla bows; despite his brash insults towards herself and the others. "My Lord. I am Fenla Welci, a Gnome from a small farming village you have probably never heard of. I have heard the rumors of the vile creatures raiding and attacking our people. And now that I have seen Istivin I want to use the arcane arts that I have learned to help in the fight against these dark forces.

Fenla listens as Algothas tells them about the Giants and the strange magic. The magic engulfing Istivin is quite odd...None of those rumours are similar in any fashion. Fenla thought to herself. Agreeing with Lashton that this strange magic is way beyond their understanding Fenla is glad to be trying to thwart the Giants instead.

"My Lord Lashton we WILL destroy these brutes and bring peace back to the lands. I have a few tricks up my little sleeves."

Hearing Lashton's suggestion regarding warm clothes Fenla reaches into her bag and immediately withdraws her cold-weather outfit. (If anyone notices they might wonder how she pulled it out so fast without having to look.)

Thank you. Oh, you have a magical containment device. How interestin... Lashton begins, stopping as Prefect Randos clears his throat. Ahem, yes. I'm certain your tricks will be most useful against the giants.


Male Human (Keoland - Fo)| HP 66/66| w/ shield: AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 23// w/o shield AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 20 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Paladin (Divine Defender) 7 | Init +5, Normal vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +11 | +2 Keen Greyflame Longsword 1d8+4 17-20/x2 S| Saves: F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | CMB +2 / CMD 13
chillblame wrote:
Fergus DraganCara wrote:

Fergus nods his head in agreement to the Prefect's orders.

"Prefect, I will gladly strike towards the south and will go with whoever else will go as well. Do you have any additional news on the route there? If memory serves it is nearly 60 leagues to the mouth of the Dayish River that sits at the Joten's. Is there any forts or holds that you are communicating with that we can seek shelter and rest at before we strike into surrounding areas to find this steading." He follows that up with one additional question. "Is it possible to also work with Alogorthas to gain additional knowledge of the local nobles and lords in that area near the Joten's. It will allow us to get a clearer picture of who could assist us as well as allow us to confirm if they are still providing some resistance against these forces when we arrive."

Good. Good to see my...that royal priorities are respected. As to news on the road... He looks at Algorthas

The news south is grim. Villages have been sacked, though some still stand. There is a fort near there, but we have had no messages from them for over a week. Travel is difficult. Thus far we have good reports of Bandits, Orcs, Gnolls, Bugbears, Svarts, Goblins, Ogres, Trolls and hill giants. Less reliable reports have frost and fire giants
He looks sad
The nobles in the region have either fled, have been killed or taken, or are in hiding or resisting. We have no way to know, and not enough forces to counter the threat. The King's southern adventures...
He cuts himself off. Lashton turns red and is about to say something cutting when Randos raises his hand. Lashton subsides immediately.
Randos puts a sympathetic hand on Algorthas's shoulder.
Your land is suffering, my friend. I'm certain the King is responding to this crisis. It is unfortunate that this happened when it happened, but we must deal with what is.
Algorthas nods
I will be happy to...

sense motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Know history: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Look, look, I get all of that. Some very dangerous beasts out there. Sounds very worthwhile. So what's the pay?"


Brother Hawthorne wrote:

Brother Hawthorne listens and observes as the group starts asking questions and making plans, but he believes that an important consideration has been completely missed.

"My apologies to you all, perhaps you all heard this, and I missed it, but I have heard no mention of payment, or risk indemnification? The offering up of a few horses and traveling supplies is not hardly an offer of payment for services rendered to the great land of Sterich. The rest of these may be altruists, certainly I expect that human there in his tin can probably is, but I, most definitely, am not." He awaits expectantly.

Lashton looks annoyed. Did you not read the proclamation. Your reward is being to keep all treasure recovered from these threats without bond or taxation, and to be forgiven crimes less that of Treason

And Blasphemy, lord Agent Randos gently adds

Yes. That as well. And if you refuse to aid the kingdom in its time of need, or aid the enemy, then the kingdom will curse you.
He realises that was a bit strong and adds figuratively of course. Not magically. You will also be run out of the kingdom he smiles at that. Then he starts.
not you. of course, brother Hawthorne. But some are greedy in nature
completely fooled by your disguise roll


Randos adds I am certain the King, and the Earl when he is freed, would add further reward on success.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

I look forward to using Disguise a lot!

"Ahh yes, I did read the proclamation. For those needing remittance of a crime, I can understand the motivation there. I also understand how the speculative ones would look forward to the prospects of accumulating wealth from our enemies. I suppose we shall trust to Charmalaine then and press on."


disguise yourself as a hill giant. :D you're a bit short. reply I've been sick


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

"I'm a young midget giant dammit!"


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Sense Motive Take 10 >>> 15
K (H) Take 10 >>> 23


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Fergus DraganCara wrote:


Fergus listens to the wise council of Rommin. "I am used to fighting mounted and can handle the horses. I agree with you that once we go into the less forgiving terrain their benefit becomes a liability. However, we could use them to carry gear while we walk. It would benefit us to have a few horses for supplies and in the event we need to bring a member back that is severely wounded or worse."

Vakmu supports Fergus's proposal : "I agree with Fergus, and I am a competent rider myself: horses can be assets, even if you aren't riding them. But to address you Rommin's concerns, a mule or two, or other pack animals, might be a better plan. Perhaps even more helpful though, would be a local guide - I have never traveled in Sterich before - and I am not sure any of the rest of us have either...

Can we get a guide with K Local : Sterich?

Also, when this meeting ends, Vakmu is going to try and tag along with Prefect Randos as he goes to write his scroll...

Vakmu will offer Prefect Randos a spontaneous casting of Legend Lore about the Black Sphere, if he provides the components (as Vakmu doesn't have them). With the subject of the spell there, the casting time is only 1d4X10 minutes, so we could still be off within the hour. Randos will need to provide 250 gp in incense (material, and thus consumed), and 4 50gp+ pieces of ivory (focus, not consumed). Normally this would require an 11th + level caster, so they might not have it available...


Male
Vakmu Blackhorse wrote:
Fergus DraganCara wrote:


Fergus listens to the wise council of Rommin. "I am used to fighting mounted and can handle the horses. I agree with you that once we go into the less forgiving terrain their benefit becomes a liability. However, we could use them to carry gear while we walk. It would benefit us to have a few horses for supplies and in the event we need to bring a member back that is severely wounded or worse."

Vakmu supports Fergus's proposal : "I agree with Fergus, and I am a competent rider myself: horses can be assets, even if you aren't riding them. But to address you Rommin's concerns, a mule or two, or other pack animals, might be a better plan. Perhaps even more helpful though, would be a local guide - I have never traveled in Sterich before - and I am not sure any of the rest of us have either...

Can we get a guide with K Local : Sterich?

Also, when this meeting ends, Vakmu is going to try and tag along with Prefect Randos as he goes to write his scroll...

Vakmu will offer Prefect Randos a spontaneous casting of Legend Lore about the Black Sphere, if he provides the components (as Vakmu doesn't have them). With the subject of the spell there, the casting time is only 1d4X10 minutes, so we could still be off within the hour. Randos will need to provide 250 gp in incense (material, and thus consumed), and 4 50gp+ pieces of ivory (focus, not consumed). Normally this would require an 11th + level caster, so they might not have it available...

I believe it is the Sage that is going to write the scroll for us. He is the guy that is knowledgeable of Sterich. He would also be the guy to ask about a guide :)


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
ALLENDM wrote:


I believe it is the Sage that is going to write the scroll for us. He is the guy that is knowledgeable of Sterich. He would also be the guy to ask about a guide :)

Oops. I suppose I can tag along with the sage (Algorthas) - he might have the components (or the ability to get them on short notice) as well


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Seeing Lashton take an interest in her bag after seeing everything he had already acquired Fenla grabbed it tightly putting it behind her back.

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 failsauce
Although Fenla is aware of what “the Kings Adventures” would be have been referring to, Fenla hadn’t heard a word that Lashton said. She was flattered that Prefect Randos had complimented her skills and was oblivious to the ensuing discussion.

Fenla managed to hear some of Lashton finale words and afterwards Fenla moved to the Halfing, since he would be the easiest to whisper to. “Brother Hawthorne Is it? Did he just say that by not helping we would be exiled?! That seems extreme don’t you think? I’m disliking this lord more and more by the minute.”


Female Half-Elf Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 7 | Initiative +9 |Perception +15 | Fort +9 Ref+8 Will +10 | HP 50 AC 20 CMD 20

Vrianna had remained quiet for most of the talks - Lashton and his ostentatious dwelling did little to impress her and the nobles' interactions with the assorted party did nothing to improve her attitude. She simply remained impassive until the information about the giants is laid before them and she looks over the map as the others ask the relevant questions.

Satisfied with the map she catches the edge of the conversations going on around her, she turns to Vakmu and Fergus and asks "Would a wagon be useful? Mobile storage and the like?"


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

”Or a dry place to sleep! Up off the cold and wet ground! Great idea!”


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Vakmu considers Vrianna's suggestion and replies: "I would be hesitant to bring a wagon; armies need them to carry the supplies, but we simply aren't a big enough band to need that kind of drayage. Wagons are limited to roads - which are going to be in short supply in the foothills of the Jotens - and they can't do stealth, as Rommin suggests, nor can they run, even from infantry. I think we should be able to travel lightly enough not to need one.

Casually tapping the map with the point of his dagger, Vakmu continues : Ok, we want to be on the road to engage the hill giants as soon as possible. We could debate strategy all week, so let us make a decision. I think we are best operating as a small band on foot, but it is 30 or so leagues (90 miles) to their area of operations – 2 ½ days mounted, 6 days on foot. I propose we take up the crown's offer of mounts and ride to the local fort (the one they have had no messages from for over a week)
Lord Lashton, if we can bring a small squad of troops with us, they can act as local guides on the way out. When we arrive, we will find out the status of the fort. Once there, we will send the squad back, which will either get you the confirmation the fort has fallen, or a report on what is going on there...
”If the fort has not fallen, it will become our local base, and we will stable the mounts there; if it has fallen, we will send the mounts back with the squad, as we will not have the capability to care for a full set of mounts without support. Either way, the next day, we will then venture forth as a band, to find this hill giant and his demesne.”
”I think Rommin’s point about supplies is well taken – let us gather them swiftly – this is a significant city where we should be able to find much of what we will need quickly.”
”One or two reliable pack animals suitable for rough terrain, awful conditions – mules, or perhaps there is something better available locally – they need to be war-trained against panic as well. Fergus, you professed skill with animal handling, can you get these?” We can chat about this choice in the discussion thread
”Rommin, can you purchase supplies and equipment for a 3 weeks in the wild for a 6 person band? Keep your purchases light enough for a single mule. You need not worry about shelter; as I demonstrated at Garethsford, I can provide. Confer with everyone to find out if they need cold weather gear.” You’re strong in survival, right
”Brother Hawthorne, it is likely we will need healing support on this quest. As a priest, you undoubtedly have some capability in this area, but I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to have some more supplies “ I have no idea what con you’re going to run: Vakmu cannot see through your disguise so he thinks you’re a priest… But you’re a rogue thief, so you’re resourceful, right…
”Vrianna, Fenla, and myself of course, we all have our own areas of expertise. Gather any supplies you think we might need that you do not already have.
”Leaving within the hour would be nice, but let us make haste cautiously. We meet here in 2 hours and sally forth. Assuming we get underway, we can make the fort by Waterday ( https://ghwiki.greyparticle.com/index.php/Greyhawk_Calendar )”
”Does anyone have any additions to the plan? Are we agreed?”


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

”So no dry wagon to sleep in? Vamoos was it? When you say ‘food for 6,’ please take note that one of those six is a halfling, and we eat prodigious amounts of food. As for those pack animals, can one of them have a very broad rump please? As wide as my height would be great. And thick blankets and pillows.” He shakes his head at the later statements, ”I fear that if you are counting on divine healing from me, you will be sorely disappointed. When I made my introduction, it was as a priest, but not a cleric. My gifts are at nurturing the soul, not the body. Please do not try and make me out to be something I am not. Such dishonesty would be a tragedy. Don’t stereotype me, and I shan’t stereotype you. Had I introduced myself as an ascetic hermit-monk holy man, you would no doubt not have expected healing from me, but say ‘priest’ and people line up at your door for divine blessings! I shall be expecting you early at mid-breakfasts mass tomorrow, and bring your change purse, you’ve got some atoning to do! Who do you follow by the way, I can focus my dinner interlude sermon appropriate to your needs.”


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"Are you in with the plan, or not Brother Hawthorn."
Shall we try and move the scene here?

"While I sympathize with your hedonism brother, I personally do not travel without pipeweed and some strong drink stashed away, but this is WAR. Address your supply concerns to Rommin. But I would not expect there to be a mid-breakfast, never mind a mass... But bear up, the tribal elders have repeatedly told me privation is good for the soul, 'builds character' as they put it."


Male Human (Keoland - Fo)| HP 66/66| w/ shield: AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 23// w/o shield AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 20 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Paladin (Divine Defender) 7 | Init +5, Normal vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +11 | +2 Keen Greyflame Longsword 1d8+4 17-20/x2 S| Saves: F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | CMB +2 / CMD 13
Vakmu Blackhorse wrote:

Vakmu considers Vrianna's suggestion and replies: "I would be hesitant to bring a wagon; armies need them to carry the supplies, but we simply aren't a big enough band to need that kind of drayage. Wagons are limited to roads - which are going to be in short supply in the foothills of the Jotens - and they can't do stealth, as Rommin suggests, nor can they run, even from infantry. I think we should be able to travel lightly enough not to need one.

Casually tapping the map with the point of his dagger, Vakmu continues : Ok, we want to be on the road to engage the hill giants as soon as possible. We could debate strategy all week, so let us make a decision. I think we are best operating as a small band on foot, but it is 30 or so leagues (90 miles) to their area of operations – 2 ½ days mounted, 6 days on foot. I propose we take up the crown's offer of mounts and ride to the local fort (the one they have had no messages from for over a week)

Lord Lashton, if we can bring a small squad of troops with us, they can act as local guides on the way out. When we arrive, we will find out the status of the fort. Once there, we will send the squad back, which will either get you the confirmation the fort has fallen, or a report on what is going on there...
”If the fort has not fallen, it will become our local base, and we will stable the mounts there; if it has fallen, we will send the mounts back with the squad, as we will not have the capability to care for a full set of mounts without support. Either way, the next day, we will then venture forth as a band, to find this hill giant and his demesne.”
”I think Rommin’s point about supplies is well taken – let us gather them swiftly – this is a significant city where we should be able to find much of what we will need quickly.”
”One or two reliable pack animals suitable for rough terrain, awful conditions – mules, or perhaps there is something better available locally – they need to be war-trained...

Fergus listens, nods a few times and at other points doesn't appear to agree.

"I agree we should gather supplies quickly. Food, winter clothing. extra supplies in the way of arrows, bolts, and such. I would not take a squad of men with us. It will attract as much attention as a wagon would. The larger our band the more attention we will attract. There very well might be scouts eyes for the other side watching this encampment or at the very least the roads going into it. We want to move fast and soldiers don't move fast.

We will need one good guide, one specific to our destination. Someone that is wise to the lands of Sterich and to the Jotens. Let's keep our band small so we can reduce our footprint. If we can get a guide here that would be great otherwise we should look to retain one while we make our way to the mouth of the Davish at the foot of the Joten's."

He looks at the map for a bit of time running his fingers down the river to the Joten's.

"I suggest we take all seven horses. My mount is battle-trained and is used to privation in times of having to move fast. I can see if I can get more mounts that are combat trained but in our current circumstances, I doubt they will be on hand. These forces will want to keep any trained horses or animals. If we take the mounts we have now mine will help to calm the other horses as well. I choose to take the commander's offer of the mount at the village to use it to carry supplies.

I also suggest we stay off the roads. You want to get ambushed, robbed, or attacked stay on a road... We keep the Davish River to one side and the road to the other side. Once we get to the fort as you said Vakmu we find out what the condition of the fort and its forces. If there is still a force there we can base out of it and resupply. If it has fallen we bypass it and move on. Once to the foothills we send the guide back with half our mounts. The rest we use to carry our supplies. That will include my mount and two or three more. The calmest ones in the bunch. Of course this is all based on us finding a guide. If you like I and Rommin can work on getting us a guide. If Algorthas has any suggestions on guides I will seek them out. If not I and Rommin will work the taverns and barracks to find one if he is up for it."

Fergus ignores all the back and forth. Focusing on the matter at hand.


Male Human (Keoland - Fo)| HP 66/66| w/ shield: AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 23// w/o shield AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 20 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Paladin (Divine Defender) 7 | Init +5, Normal vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +11 | +2 Keen Greyflame Longsword 1d8+4 17-20/x2 S| Saves: F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | CMB +2 / CMD 13

Fergus turns to Algorthas as they look at the map. In a lowered voice he addresses the wise old man. "I am truly sorry for the losses you have suffered mastered Algorthas. I will do my best to make this right by you and yours. If you know someone that knows these lands and you trust I would be most grateful to you if you put us in contact with them."

Fergus turns back to the map and to the group he would be traveling with.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"Fergus, I doubt you will need to scour the taverns for a guide, I would hope the crown has a competent guide or two in it's forces; Lord Lashton will undoubtedly welcome the chance to help this mission succeed. I will defer to your judgement on whether to have mules or horses to carry the supplies - you are a more experienced animal handler than I.

Mules or horses? Real world I would say mules every time - they are tougher, and can handle rougher terrain. Not to mention being smarter and calmer. PF doesn't make a distinction - I am not aware of stats for a mule.


Male Human (Keoland - Fo)| HP 66/66| w/ shield: AC: 24, T: 14, FF: 23// w/o shield AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 20 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Paladin (Divine Defender) 7 | Init +5, Normal vision; Percept: +9, Sense Motive: +11 | +2 Keen Greyflame Longsword 1d8+4 17-20/x2 S| Saves: F: +10, R: +7, W: +11 | CMB +2 / CMD 13

I grew up on a horse ranch that my grandfather owned so I have been around them all my life. Often times you put mules or horses with cattle to keep them calm and alert the cattle to coyotes or wolves (predators). I also had the chance to go through Mountain Warfare school and having trained with both horses and mules I would say both are pretty much the same. The benefit of the horse is they move faster on good ground, mules do better on rough trails and such but a horse can handle it just as well and often can carry a bit more gear. Both are smart. I had the chance to use horses while in Turkey and northern Iraq on a few occasions to pack gear and never had an issue with them on rough terrain. Actually was glad we had them.


Female Half-Elf Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 7 | Initiative +9 |Perception +15 | Fort +9 Ref+8 Will +10 | HP 50 AC 20 CMD 20

Vrianna nods as her suggestion of a wagon is considered and then dismissed by more experienced voices, although she frowned a little at the idea of having a horse - she was not good with animals.

She does raise an eyebrow slightly at Hawthorne's peculiar demands and impromptu linguistics lesson but says nothing and instead begins to make a mental checklist of what additional items she may require.

"I trust your knowledge on the horses, sers. Are we meeting in the courtyard once we've acquired more supplies?"


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne gets an exasperated look on his face, ”no mid-breakfast? Didn’t I also disclaim that I’m no ascetic? But you’re taking pipeweed? How about someone else worry about the healing, and I will go with your appointed shoppers, just to be sure? As for something to ride, maybe a dog please? Horses and mules are just too tall for my liking. Also, are we waiting for a dwarf? We seem to be short one race here.”


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla was excited about the thought of sleeping curled up in a nice wagon off the ground. No sooner had she closed her eyes and pictured it that they idea was dismissed, and with good reason. Disappointed she sighed loudly.

Fenla heard Hawthrone suggest riding a dog and shook her head disapprovingly. "I'd much prefer a solid ram to a dog myself. In my village we used dogs to help hunt, we never rode them. But I often saw the farmers in their fields riding rams. Of course I have never ridden one myself... but how hard can it be?" She asked innocently. Fenla looked at Algorthas "I don't suppose you have any smaller beasts for those of us closer to the ground?"

Fenla sprung up from her sitting position. "Well, I will get some food from the supplies here at the camp, but I won't need as much as the rest of you."

I believe with no access to the town we will be limited as to where we can get supplies and a guide, correct?


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

”Ohhhhh! Can I ride a pig? A war-pig specifically! In a pinch, we can eat it! Tastes way better than, dog, horse, or mule.”


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Halfling and Gnome size mounts ought to be available, greyhawkonline.com/greyhawkwiki/index.php?title=Istivin says there are more than 1000 gnomes and halflings in town.(12100 pop x (6% halfling +3% gnome).

"You don't strike me as the type to have eaten horses, dogs, or mules, so how would you know?" asks Vakmu, with a quizzical expression.

1 to 50 of 775 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.