ADQ Table 2

Game Master chillblame

Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods
Sterich and Keoland
roll20 link


301 to 350 of 666 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne charges the boar and attacks it with his sap...

MW Sap Sneak Hit vs FF: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 = 28
MW Sap Sneak Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 4 + 4d6 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 + (2, 4, 2, 2) + (6, 4, 6, 3) = 43 Nonlethal


Brother Hawthorne, please make a stealth roll, with appropriate penalties due to fast-moving and charge. The sneak attack park of your damage depends on that.

boar perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Female Half-Elf Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 7 | Initiative +9 |Perception +15 | Fort +9 Ref+8 Will +10 | HP 50 AC 20 CMD 20

Vrianna follows Hawthorne's lead and joins him in attacking the boar while planning for the Frost Giant's attack on Ser Fergus.

MW LG ECB to hit: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
MW LG ECB damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Did Boar 1 go down from Brother Hawthorne and Vrianna's attacks? Obviously, it makes a big difference in what Fergus does... I am assuming not...(Vrianna missed with a nat 1)

Fergus slashes precisely at the second boar, thinking to himself, poor, dumb animal, used as a pawn by the orcs . His longsword ignites with a pale platinum flame as he channels the might of Bahamut and strikes with precision and power. as a swift action, he activates the Greyflame ability of his longsword, using 1 of his daily channels. Then a single vital strike attack as a standard action, with power attack .
Vital Strike Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 4 - 1 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 4 - 1 - 2 + 3 = 12
+7 BAB, +4 Str, -1 size, -2 power attack +3 enhancement
Vital Strike damage: 2d6 + 2d6 + 1d6 + 4 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + (5, 2) + (6) + 4 + 3 + 4 = 28
large longsword 2d6 + vital strike 2d6+ Grayflame 1d6 +4 str +3 enhancement (including the extra from grayflame) +4 ower attack

Fergus curses as his blade bites nothing but air! Natural One! So much for moving through Boar One's space. He maneuvers to the left, around Fenla's patch of grease, pointing at the Frost Giant, and calling a challenge, "Come face Bahamut's might, Evildoer!".

Chill, this offers boar one an AoO ; he does it to draw the Frost Giant away from his minimally armoured allies...


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

That boar might be dead after those other attacks. Maybe wait to see if it's dead before Fergus acts.


The boar goes down to hawthornes blow. As he does so an arrow whips through his hair as vrianna's badly aimed arrow flies past.


OK, point to Fenla, strike Fergus's last action and replace

Fergus blinks in astonishment as the boar collapses under an incredible strike from Brother Hawthorne's sap. He sees that his allies will be exposed to the frost giant's charge in their current position. He calls on Bahamut's might, "Bahamut Defends! Declare a smite vs the Frost Giant. The smite gives a +4 to AC vs Big Johan, and it triggers the Champion ability of Fergus's armor, for another +2 to AC vs Big Johan; effective AC 28 , and strides over the fallen boar to a position where he can meet the giant's charge himself. There, he braces to meet the charge he expects, preparing to lunge into it. Readies a Vital Strike for the frost giant when/if he comes within reach (he is not using power attack)

Fergus readied attack against the Frost Giant:
Attack, Vital Strike, Smiting : 1d20 + 7 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 4 = 31
+7 BAB, +4 Str, -1 size, +2 enhancement +4 Cha from Smite
Damage, Vital Strike, Smite: 2d6 + 2d6 + 4 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (1, 3) + (5, 3) + 4 + 2 + 7 = 25
large longsword 2d6 + vital strike 2d6+ 4 str +2 enhancement +7 level from Smite


Big Johann yells
Axe time, blood time! Let loose the battle dew! Let us see whose doom ends here!
Those not caught in the twisting plants pause to watch the clash
Johann steps up to Fergus and attacks with full force, taking the blow Fergus unleashed

using power attack

Great axe: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

damage: 3d6 + 22 ⇒ (2, 3, 5) + 22 = 32

great axe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

damage: 3d6 + 22 ⇒ (5, 1, 6) + 22 = 34

The first blow slams into Fergus, the second barely missing. Johann looks on his last legs.

Johann looks at the large Fergus, defiance, anger and acceptance in his eyes.
Finish it warrior!

giantish:
I end in battle. It is a good ending


Various others move or succumb to the terrible entangles. Seeing their leader close to an end, those that can try to flee


Vakmu:
Rommin:
Brother Hawthorne: 16
Vriaana: 16
Fergus: 14 are all up.

Frost Giant (Big Johann): 14
ogre leader 2: 14
ogres: 12
ogre leader 1: 6
orcs: 6
Fenla: 5
Ungor: 1


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

I was waiting for Fergus to go. I figured I'd give him the chance to finish the giant.


chillblame wrote:


Johann looks at the large Fergus, defiance, anger and acceptance in his eyes.
Finish it warrior!

giantish:
I end in battle. It is a good ending

Fergus calls out a reply,

giantish:
Die with Honor!
, as the two titans come together in a final clash, longsword and axe glinting in the dim light from the fires. Both Fergus and Johan are on init 14; they will attack simultaneously

Internally, Fergus prays and calls on Bahamut's healing, Bahamut aid me, he nearly had me on that last cut , Lay on Hands on himself as a swift action, healing: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5) = 15. EDIT: Up to 42 HP , and he steps into a intricate thrust and cut sequence. a 5' step and Full attack.

Attack #1, Smiting: 1d20 + 7 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 4 = 20
+7 BAB, +4 Str, -1 size, +2 enhancement +4 Cha from Smite

Attack #2, Smiting: 1d20 + 7 - 5 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 5 + 4 - 1 + 2 + 4 = 12
+7 BAB, -5 second attack, +4 Str, -1 size, +2 enhancement +4 Cha from Smite

Damage, Attack #1, Smiting: 2d6 + 4 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 + 2 + 7 = 18
large longsword 2d6 + 4 str +2 enhancement +7 level from Smite

Damage, Attack #2, Smiting: 2d6 + 4 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 + 2 + 7 = 20
large longsword 2d6 + 4 str +2 enhancement +7 level from Smite


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla watches as the two titans clash, happy that Fergus was made large enough to stand toe to toe with the giant beast. As they clash she completes her summoning of a Latern Archon.

The Archon beggins aiding Fenla's allies with a combat boost. It targets Fergus first.
Aid HP: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Aid:
Aid grants the target a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + caster level (to a maximum of 1d8+10 temporary hit points at caster level 10th).
Duration 3 Minutes

Noticing one of the orges (Galp) approaching their flank from the east, Fenla creates a pit below it's feet. Reflex Save DC 19.

Create Pit:
You create a 10-foot-by-10-foot extra-dimensional hole with a depth of 10 feet per two caster levels (maximum 30 feet). You must create the pit on a horizontal surface of sufficient size. Since it extends into another dimension, the pit has no weight and does not otherwise displace the original underlying material. You can create the pit in the deck of a ship as easily as in a dungeon floor or the ground of a forest. Any creature standing in the area where you first conjured the pit must make a Reflex saving throw to jump to safety in the nearest open space. In addition, the edges of the pit are sloped, and any creature ending its turn on a square adjacent to the pit must make a Reflex saving throw with a +2 bonus to avoid falling into it. Creatures subjected to an effect intended to push them into the pit (such as bull rush) do not get a saving throw to avoid falling in if they are affected by the pushing effect.

Creatures who fall into the pit take falling damage as normal. The pit’s coarse stone walls have a Climb DC of 25. When the duration of the spell ends, creatures within the hole rise up with the bottom of the pit until they are standing on the surface over the course of a single round.

30' Deep (3d6 damage), Duration 8 rds, climb DC 25


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

Rommin shifts his position to the west, giving him a line of sight to one of the ogres. He takes his time and launches a single arrow at it.

Move action as shown on the map, standard action to attack Strap.

Longbow attack with deadly aim.
To hit 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25, damage 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 1) + 12 = 19

Active effects: shield, blur, mirror image (2 images), bulls strength and gravity bow.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Vakmu advances again move action 20' , and drawing a metamagic rod, he readies himself to cast a spell on the ogre leader on the flank ready action : Cast Frostbite, Reach with his lesser rod of reach and attack Galp the Flea Ridden if he gets withing 40' of Vakmu. That will generate a reach touch attack if cast (and future reach touch attacks in following rounds.)

Possible Touch Attack:

Frostbite reach touch attack to hit: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 = 24
+5 BAB, +1 Dex
Frostbite Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 NONLETHAL + Fatigued

A prisoner to ask questions of might be useful...


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

For theater purposes, go ahead and drop my initiative to 13+, so that I go right after Fergus, and the Giant. We haven't seen if Fergus dropped the Giant, yet, but if the Giant is still up, then hopefully it takes Fergus out, at which point, I'll charge it. Or if the giant is down, but Ogre Leader 2 has moved close, I can charge him instead...

MW Sap Sneak Hit vs charge: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 = 21
MW Sap Sneak Damage: 1d4 + 6 + 4 + 4d6 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 + (2, 6, 2, 5) + (6, 5, 3, 1) = 44 Nonlethal

Oh, and if Fergus was dropped, I'll yellow something holy, and appropriate, as I charge.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

Ungor thinks the tide of the battle is tipping in favor of his de facto rescue party and decides to step in as the “north” flank. Beast Shape III into a giant bear and move to the fleeing ogre — I’m on my iPhone and cannot figure out size of token changes, so the yellow aura is where I think my new 15’x15’ space is — He speaks to the ogre in bear form. ”Where! Are! My! Things!?”. Ungor makes a quick visual scan of the local area for items that clearly are his adventuring gear.

passive perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

if the ogre moves away and provokes an AOO, I will take a claw swipe

Claw AOO:
attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 plus grab check.
claw damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
grab check: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27


Female Half-Elf Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 7 | Initiative +9 |Perception +15 | Fort +9 Ref+8 Will +10 | HP 50 AC 20 CMD 20

With the focus on Fergus and his battle with the frost giant, only the movement of ogres approaching is what distracts Vrianna enough to make her act. With a whispered prayer she flickers and becomes invisible and waits for the ogre to get closer, ready to ambush.

Dissapear - Invisible for 7 rounds.
Moving to be ready to ambush the ogre that may or may not be in a pit, readying action for ambush


Fergus attacks, and barely gets a strike, felling the giants. With a crash he falls, a smile on his face. At that, the remaining monsters flee or attempt to flee. It is an act of no moment to finish the creatures off those that are caught and chase down some of the others.

The battle is won! Your foes are dead, fled or captured at your option. Note that orcs are dim, and ogres are worse so they may not know of anything of value.

Do you search for loot? If so please make perception checks and what spells are used.


I'm putting this here so it doesn't get forgotten about. But this will happen after we liberate the prisoners, take any hostile survivors prisoner, and organize pursuit of the fleeing (if the party so chooses)

Before we leave this site,
Vakmu will retrieve his un-triggered Woodland Rune Spells ( it's quite safe if you are wearing the symbol combination).

After assorted lethal entangle effects have died down, he will join the searching of the camp for loot and clues. He will make liberal use of his cantrips: Detect Magic, Detect Poison, and Guidance.

Perception check: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 + 1 = 31
+13 for skill, +2 alertness from familiar +1 from guidance.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

"By Charmalaine, that was astounding, and now to see to the hostages."

Brother Hawthorne will skirt the various traps and spells on the field, and move to check on the prisoners.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Ungor the Dire wrote:

Ungor thinks the tide of the battle is tipping in favor of his de facto rescue party and decides to step in as the “north” flank. Beast Shape III into a giant bear and move to the fleeing ogre — I’m on my iPhone and cannot figure out size of token changes, so the yellow aura is where I think my new 15’x15’ space is — He speaks to the ogre in bear form. ”Where! Are! My! Things!?”. Ungor makes a quick visual scan of the local area for items that clearly are his adventuring gear.

Passive Perception Check: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 2 = 22

+13 skill, +2 alertness from familiar

Edit: 22 should be good enough

After watching Big Johan keel over with a wince at the tremendous thump, Vakmu's head snaps around, and he says "I don't recall a giant talking bear on the battlefield at the start of this fight. Anybody know where it came from?"


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

Rommin makes a methodical search of the area. He circles the campsite looking for tracks; he is concerned a patrol might be out there and returning at an inopportune time. +19 to track giants.

Then He'll search the campsite itself. He will make sure every one of the giant's band that is there is indeed slain (unless someone singles one out for questioning). He'll check for any valuables that the group can use. He'll also check for anything that the prisoners could use if they are going to try and make their way back to civilization. +21 Perception.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Remember, all damage I did was nonlethal, so we'll need to finish those folks off.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

If anything magical is found (see use of detect magic), Vakmu will study it with spellcraft:

Some Spellcraft rolls For Chill's Convenience:

Spellcraft 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Spellcraft 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Spellcraft 3: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Spellcraft 4: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Spellcraft 5: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Use them if you need them...


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla sees the boar that Hawthorn struck is still breathing. Not wanting any more trouble from it she pulled out her trusty battle ladder. A weapon only a gnome would use. She looked at the boar and to anyone watching she uttered “Don’t judge me... this helps me restore some of my power.”

She raised the ladder up smashing it down on the helpless boar.
Coup de Grace 1d4 ⇒ 2 Automatic Critical = 4 Damage
Ladder absorbs 1 life point on a critical.

Swift action to convert Life point into Arcane pool.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

Ungor will end up most likely tearing the unlucky ogre apart and still have no idea where his gear is. So he will cast Detect Magic and use his next couple of rounds waiting for the Detect to hone in, to free the other wagon of prisoners.

stay close to the wagons until this fighting is over. There will be pursuit fighting in the woods for a few more minutes. Then I will be back. Those people by the big one still standing, may be good guys. But we have some time before these vines settle down before I expect them to come this way. “

Ungor will hopefully find his gear with the detect magic. I suspect it’s will either be outside the vines or inside the vines. Either way, he will finish off any threats that come near the prisoners. Once the fighting is over then I will transform back to human form and gear back up. As soon as my gear is back on, back into huge bear form to await the others coming to rescue the prisoners

perception for any sneaky approachers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
When someone approaches ”Hold there. Announce yourself and your intentions.”


loot
+4 belt of might constitution

Ring of protection +2

Cloak of resistance +1

Potion of cure serious wounds x4

Potions of cure moderate wounds x 4

Potion of bull strength x2

28pp
415gp
467sp


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Vakmu observes the shape changing antics going on, take 10 K nature = 18, K Nature > recall intrigues > identify a class feature from a class that grants access to the druid list, DC = 10+target level = 17 .

He announces "I think the bear is a druid"

He approaches the stranger carefully (going around the entangles) and hails him "Hail and well met. I am Vakmu Blackhorse. As you can see, myself and my companions have been commissioned to fight giants by King Skotti"

Fergus has come with Vakmu, and introduces himself "and I am Fergus Dragancara of Woodsage, Paladin of Bahamut. I see you were prisoners of these brutes. Now you are free. Are there any among you who are critically injured?"

loot discussion in discussion


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

”Hail and well met Vakmu and Fergus. And well fought. I, myself, am known as Ungor the Dire in these parts. These people are townsfolk from a village I suspect is less than a days ride from here. We greatly appreciate your distraction long enough for us to free ourselves.”

and those taking notice of the huge bear would have also seen him moving at great speed effortlessly through the woods during the pursuit combat

”For the most part, these folk seem to be farmers in stead of fighters. Although this one Ungor pats the big guy that helped with the bolt removal on the back with his huge claw. ”may be able to be turned into a fighter.”. The bear makes somewhat of a sound that could be called laughter if it wasn’t for the incredulous sight of a huge dire bear snout trying to smile while making that sound.

”Last I remember was a fight taking place in the village that I walked in on. I made short work of the stragglers and went back to the wilds for a few remembrance drinks. There were a lot of good people in that town so there was a lot of good remembering that had to go on.”. The smile and now a possible wink from an eye the size of a man’s head is given. ”Well that’s my story...what is yours? How did you come to this place in the middle of nowhere?”


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Vakmu is blunt : "Ungor, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you were from a village that was less than a day's ride from here"
He continues : "We are a company of venturers, as mentioned, comissioned by King Skotti to fight his giant problem. We ventured forth from Istivin the day before, and came across the burned out ruin of your village. We tracked the giants from there, with the hopes of rescuing any prisoners, as well as destroying a giant warband."


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne will check on the villagers, offering them the "blessings of Charmalaine," which will, of course, amount to little more than feeling good!


Female Half-Elf Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 7 | Initiative +9 |Perception +15 | Fort +9 Ref+8 Will +10 | HP 50 AC 20 CMD 20

With the tide turned at the felling of the frost giant, Vrianna disperses her invisibility and shifts to helping sort out any stragglers and scrying for supplies, quietly impressed in how well they'd all worked together and how little they'd suffered in return.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

Ungor turns and addresses his fellow freed prisoners, "You hear that? Nothing left for you back at the village. I don't know how much I care about some King's problem, but if there are giants and orcs running amok through the wilds raiding villages, then I'd like to put them in their place."

Ungor turns back to the gathering group of adventurers, "If you don't mind adding another lot to your band of liberators, I am happy to collaborate with your efforts to exterminate the wilds of this threat. Although, I must warn you....that meeting new people isn't my strong suit if we have to do talking with your King's people. Seems my appearance is met with more hostility than welcoming." Ungor gives a big teethy grin at the last statement that almost seems to bring him joy from his expression, as he awaits the group's response to his offer.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Is Ungor still in bear form during this conversation?


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
Is Ungor still in bear form during this conversation?

yes … the only change back to human form is to put his gear on per my earlier post right after the fighting has been completed, because it takes some minutes to put my armor back on etc.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Ungor the Dire wrote:

...

Ungor turns back to the gathering group of adventurers, "If you don't mind adding another lot to your band of liberators, I am happy to collaborate with your efforts to exterminate the wilds of this threat. Although, I must warn you....that meeting new people isn't my strong suit if we have to do talking with your King's people. Seems my appearance is met with more hostility than welcoming." Ungor gives a big teethy grin at the last statement that almost seems to bring him joy from his expression, as he awaits the group's response to his offer.

"Many hands make light loads; a faithful friend is always welcome. So you are a bear who occasionally takes human form, interesting. We have some smooth talking diplomatic types. A question, can you do ... um ... subtle? While I am sure you are a fearsome fighter, these are giants that we are challenging, and I, for one, would prefer not to play into their strength; we may do well to be sneaky."


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"Hmmmm...I'm not typically subtle but I could be smaller. Although smaller doesn't usually have the same combat effect. Or I could stay on two feet a little longer before the fighting...Although I would prefer to stay back out of site and rapidly move into the fight as the primary tactic." Ungor is slightly taken aback that someone has asked him to be sneaky. He seems to be thinking over the implications.


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Unable to see past her larger companions, especially the extra large Fergus, she squeezed past Fergus to see who they were talking to. Fenla was shocked at first, a talking bear was the last thing she expected to see. "Did I just hear you say you were going to join us? Welcome! You certainly look like you could handle yourself in a fight, you will be a welcome addition. Sorry about your village, but at least you can feel avenged." Fenla added looking over at the bloody corpse of the massive giant.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

"It's been a while since I adventured with a bear actually. When I was younger, I knew a ranger with one of them koalas as a companion. Adorable thing, but lordy be his poop smelt like a cough mix my mother used to mix."


Female Half-Elf Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer) 7 | Initiative +9 |Perception +15 | Fort +9 Ref+8 Will +10 | HP 50 AC 20 CMD 20

"Bear or man, we are lucky to have you with us. And do not worry about size or stealth too much, your strengths will be great assets in this hunt"


The Survivors (apart from the talking bear) thank you profusely.

I am sure we were doomed to slavery if not the larder says one of them. We would like to head north, but the lands are full of raiders and peril. They cluster nervously.

Fergus looks at them and comes to a decision.

My friends, we cannot abandon our task, but these ones must be secured as well. I will escort them back to the capital, and then if I can I will return. But it maybe I will be of use there so it is not certain.

He looks at Ungor.

The gods have provided me with a doughy replacement, it seems. I will not claim any of the loot here, as you will likely need it

Once the enlarge on him fades, he gathers the captives and his gear (and mount).

We are near the mountains now, and I see little chance of an intact place to secure your mounts. If you wish, I could also return those to the north, relieving you of the need to care for them.

You are all worthy comrades. Strike hard and may the gods ward you.

Gathering the others he readies to depart north.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Ok, obviously this is Fergus leaving the story, but ...it's very early morning and we have been up and forced marching all night. Unless someone has a really good plan or important thought, we need to camp.
Assuming that takes us 8 hrs for rest time, well that puts us to mid afternoon... Vakmu had darkvision (and many of the others have similar abilities) - he can march at night, but I'm not so sure that I think it's a good idea...

"Bide with us a while Sir Fergus, we will need to camp, and you as well. We have toiled mightily pursuing these raiders through the night force march and fought a great murthering battle as well. Let us rest here, roast one of the boars to feed your charges well afore you leave us. Once we have recovered from our exertions we will press on... Come the mid-afternoon we may have recovered enough to march on."

Assuming we do actually camp, Vakmu's going to make several spell list changes... Which I am going to reflect in his character sheet, starting with switching his wandering spirit to life (instead of lore) so as to give us more healing.

He also needs to re-use his occult ritual, beseeching the patron. That will be an after he wakes and prepares spells... He will precast heightened awareness before the ritual.

KHistory 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

KHistory 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

KArcane 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

KArcane 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne takes Fergus' hand, and in as solemn a fashion as he can muster, he states, "You are a worthy companion Fergus, it has been my honor to travel with you. May Charmalaine bless you and those under your protection."


Yeah this will take place later in the day. Forgot the time


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Before Fergus leaves, Vakmu makes sure to knick one of the healer's kits that Fergus bought...

When Fergus takes his leave, Vakmu offers him a warriors arm clasp, "Your meeting with the giant was tremendous. Hail and farewell battle-brother, the star-spirits watch over you. Be wary on the way back, there may be other raiding bands out there."

After Fergus and the refugees leave, he asks "Does anyone mind tracking the mammoth? Without a rider, in the long run it will die because the picket it is dragging and the harness and saddle it is wearing. I would not like the mammoth spirits to think I left one of their children to suffer. If we are lucky, it will have climbed up the mountains, to colder weather, and thus will have moved in the general direction of this steading - it might even head for 'home'. But it won't have gone far in any case without a rider to push it along. Finally, I think I might be able to turn it to our own purposes if the spirits favor me ( Animal Purpose Training )."

Also, when we break camp this afternoon, Vakmu will cast an extended False Life spell using his lesser rod of extension. Temporary HP: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 for 14 hours.


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

Ungor says a quick good-bye to his once fellow prisoners and gives Fergus another teethy grin and claw pat on the back to wish him well.

"Vakmu, I certainly think I could locate the mammoth as they give off a pretty pungent odor." Scent tracking with Survival skill He moves over to where the mammoth was before bolting and tries to pick up the scent.

perception to locate smell: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
survival to follow tracks: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Ungor the Dire wrote:

Ungor says a quick good-bye to his once fellow prisoners and gives Fergus another teethy grin and claw pat on the back to wish him well.

"Vakmu, I certainly think I could locate the mammoth as they give off a pretty pungent odor." Scent tracking with Survival skill He moves over to where the mammoth was before bolting and tries to pick up the scent.

[dice=perception to locate smell]1d20+13
[dice=survival to follow tracks]1d20+14

"Yes, I'm sure you can. But can you keep from spooking the mammoth and have it run away when we find it, oh giant carnivorous bear? Admittedly, mammoths don't usually worry about predators..."

Actually, you probably can, wild empathy... Which will further help with getting me to 40 ft away (the range on animal purpose training = 25+5/2levels' = 40 ' ) from it, with it being indifferent to me.

Chill, is the mammoth heading in the right general direction, as I surmised a couple of posts up?


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

"I am certain I could track the mammoth. As long as it doesn't go too far away from our path towards the Steading, I would be pleased to do so. It should not be punished for being sequestered into such service."

Rommin will only need two hours of rest and an hour with his spellbook before he is ready to go.


Tracking the Mammoth is not hard, as it only wandered a mile away and left an obvious trail. You find it disassembling a tree for lunch. It looks like it has snapped its picket off (you find that on the way to it). It is a bit injured (12hp). It had a harness that was back at the camp, basically a saddle blanket and straps. You could have collected that if you wanted.
This will require Handle animal and/or wild empathy or magic. It is unfriendly at the moment.
Handle animal is DC 33. I will give modifiers depending on your actions. Remember aid is a thing.
Wild empathy check is 18 (somewhat easier). Using this will make the handle animal roll easier.
It will probably react aggressively if obvious predators are visible to it. ie wolves or bears. This will be reflected in penalties.

301 to 350 of 666 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.