ADQ Table 2

Game Master chillblame

Raiding and destruction in Sterich. Heros are needed.
greyhawk gods
Sterich and Keoland
roll20 link


401 to 450 of 674 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Ungor@you think she will be ok with it, but you will not be able to direct her. Remember she may act independently and maybe not wisely. If you are in a human form you can use handle animal to push her into useful actions


You move forward and move into the mountains. As you climb in altitude, the air grows colder, and the wind more biting. Tiny plods along, pausing to let you all catch up (40 foot move). She is taking a roundabout path, easier for her to move on.

The Moon is shining high above, and the lighting is not bad. The mountains are capped with snow, and you can see plumes of it streaming in the wind.

At about midnight, Tiny pauses. There are some scrubby trees there, and she starts eating. Seems like she has stopped for now.

It is cold

What protection from the cold do you all have. Tiny has stopped and seems to be reluctant to go on at this time. Options are for Ungor to use handle animal to push her along, or stop for the night. All of you are fatigued at this point, as you have been climbing for about 8 hours


Chill - Vakmu has a set of cold weather gear, a blanket and a bedroll for cold weather gear.

The cold has long since chased Clackers (Vakmu's spirit animal - a scorpion) under his shirt (flattening under the breastplate), right next to his skin. You can hear that he's tired in his voice as he speaks : "Well, I figure we've done our planned marching for the day, and it looks like Tiny figures the same. Shall we camp here?"

Vakmu has Sylvan Hideaway prepared, so we can get out of the weather - except for Tiny (She'd fit - the spell says "large enough to comfortably hold two creatures of any size per caster level (maximum 12)." But, how to get her through the door is an interesting question : "The room is sealed by a 5-foot-square camouflaged trap door "...

I assume that fire in there won't choke us all to death, because of magic, but I will make a spellcraft check just in case... spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

We also need a watch schedule. Ungor and Fenla need a full, uninterrupted 8 hrs (to regain spells), so leave them out of it. Vakmu and Rommin on need 2 hrs (rings of sustenance). 1230 to 0230 - Vrianna and Rommin + Wisp awake. 0230 - 0630 Rommin+ Wisp & Vakmu + Clackers, 0630-0830 Vakmu + Clackers & Brother Hawthorn. Again, players please edit if they think I have missed something.


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Feeling the chill in the wind, Fenla reached into her haversack and began pulling out articles of warmer clothes. (Cold Weather outfit)

For the cold day ahead of them Fenla consults her spell repertoire.

Fenla swaps her daily memorization of Mirror Image for Endure Elements, Communal.

"I should be able to help us stay warm tomorrow."


Barring objections
You settle for the night. You find a good crevice in the rocks for the sylvan hideaway and settle done. A hot meal helps you all.

The next day dawns cold and cloudy. No snow yet but it is likely later in the day. Fenla casts a spell on everyone and they feel much more comfortable. After a breakfast of hot tea and trail rations, you set off. Tiny, waiting patiently, pats Ungor on the shoulder, staggering him for a moment. She then sets off, heading deeper and higher into the Jotun peaks.

It is another long day, but at its end, you find a good sign. About an hour before dusk, tiny lead you into a downward passage. This splits into two trails, with much sign of traffic has passed here.

survival DC10 tracking roll:
most traffic went on the right passage

survival DC15 tracking roll:
A lot of creatures of different sorts have passed here. Orcs, bugbears, goblins, Ogres, different sized giants (mostly hill). The orcs, goblins and bugbears went left, the others right (with most of the loot)

Actions?


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Untrained survival can only make DC10 tracking rolls... So:

Untrained Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 +5 from wisdom

Edit : "Well, obviously, much more traffic off to the right on the trail, but I'm sure a more skilled tracker can tell us more... Can we identify the traffic?

"Also, Rommin, can your thrush fly up and see down the trail in both directions?


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Sorry all, I got my posts out of order - this one is the morning business when we break camp

"Ungor, can you memorize Hide Campsite this morning - I think it might be a good thing to be able to bed Tiny down in a hiding when we get close to the steading."
For some reason, Hide Campsite isn't on the Shaman spell list...

Vakmu, of course has his usual morning preparations to do. He's going to edit his spell list a bit, and do beseeching the patron again. As usual he will pre-cast heightened awareness before he does the ritual:

K Arcana 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
K Arcana 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
K History 1: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
K History 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31


He will also cast Nature's Path on Tiny in the morning, allowing us to travel as easily as if we were on a road


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

Ungor appreciates the efficiency of the adventuring group and the allowance for spell casters to rest uninterrupted. He wakes up feeling very refreshed.

"Vakmu, of course I can prepare one Hide Campsite for our group. But it may actually be a better observation post in plain sight to hide the scouts....Fenla, I will take care of myself Endure Elements and I can take an additional endure elements communal since it won't give everyone 24hrs of protection. But even both of ours may not be sufficient for a full days protection for everyone. who all needs protection?"

He then performs his morning routine interacting with nature to derive his divine blessings for the day.

Casts daily hour / level spells Longstrider, Greater; Magic Fang, Great (claws); Endure Elements

Ungor checks on Tiny and greats her with a good morning. He shifts into the familiar hairy 2-legged form and speaks to her (in mammoth). "The herd has accepted you as a valued member and even have given you the name Tiny. Which is a term of acceptance. Today, we are going to proceed to the smelly big 2-leggers. But we will keep you out of the fight. If something comes up, just take cover and we will come get you afterwards....Now for the fun part. Remember I told you that we have a good bear. Just making sure you remember and don't get spooked."

wild empathy (just in case): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15 Have my own guidance spell now since I have to do this more frequently :)

Ungor then shifts into his standard huge bear form and gives a smile to Tiny. Then un-threaten-ly walks away.

-------
After the day's march and coming up on the tracks.

Ungor asks Gozreh for guidance to look for tracks.
survival scent tracking: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 14 + 1 = 35

"The small ones went left. Ogres and mostly Hill Giants went right...with what appears to be treasure. Do we want to scout forward? set up the hidden campsite here? How about our bat friend? Can she give us a sense of how far, how many, and if there are guards?"


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne extracts a cold weather outfit from his gear and dons it when it starts becoming chilly.

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Brother Hawthorne wrote:

Brother Hawthorne extracts a cold weather outfit from his gear and dons it when it starts becoming chilly.

Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

"Psst, Hawthorne, underwear on the inside man!

At least you got rid of a 1 on an untrained survival roll... I burned a natural 20.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

talking with Ungor at the camp this morning
"I'm not so much thinking of a hide to observe the giants from yet, we still haven't found the steading after all. But there's not much point in having a camoulflaged extra-dimensional hide hole to camp in, while parking a giant mammoth outside of it... sticks out a bit does Tiny. Also, how are you at hiding tracks? Sooner or later, we are going to break away from the path to the steading, to establish our camp and then our observation site, and I wouldn't want some bright spark following out trail to find us...."

Now, at the trail.

"Ungor, can you say anything about how old the various tracks are in each direction?

To the party at large, "So the giants are heading right, with the proceeds of their raiding. I think we should follow them and go right. But let's not do it on the path, let's stay higher on the hillside so we can look down on it, and not run into anyone following it. We've got an hour until dusk, so let's put that to good use. Rommin, can Wisp (your Thrush) scout ahead for us while pretending to be a normal bird?"

Untrained K Geography: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Chill, does one direction of the trail lead down into the lowlands of Sterich? (by any chance to the right hand side?)

PS. I'm getting slightly confused here. The party has been following Tiny (the mammoth), who was making her own way back to the steading (we think). Now we have run into a trail. Your description is making it sound like we have been following a warband's trail, which then split, with the smaller humanoids going left, and the giant(-ish) types going right.

But we weren't on anyone's trail. So, to clarify. WE have run into a trail, and the tracks show that the majority of the small humanoids have been going right to left, and not carrying heavy burdens. The majority of the giants have been going left to right and have been carrying burdens...


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

”Orcs, goblins, and bugbears are the small ones. But why they split up, I don’t know. ... oh and Vakmu I don’t have anything currently to hide Tiny’s tracks, but I might suggest the rest of you can ‘ride’ Tiny or I can carry you, to only leave mammoth tracks.”


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla perked up excitedly... "Oh! I want to ride tiny!! He will barely notice me I'm sure."

Fenla made a small undiscernible noise followed by Twilight slinking out from under her hair again. Fenla held the bat in her hands gently facing Twilight. Suddenly Twlight zipped up into the air down the right path.

Fenla has an empathic link for 1 mile, so the bat will go about that far and return to report anything it senses.


Both paths lead into highland valleys and are roughly north facing.

fenla:
Twilight flutters away, and soon reports some sort of building, with smoke and loud noise. Also a single creature near the valley entrance. All about a half-mile away. direct sight is blocked by the winding trail


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Ok, I am going to try and adapt everyone's input to a plan here. I am assuming that Fenla, and/or Rommin are going to share their familiars reports...

So let's get everyone but Rommin and Ungor onto Tiny, and then back away from the trail, a 1/4 mile say. Rommin has rearguard; this is because he has a strong survival check, +11 and a further bonus to tracking (which might apply to hiding tracks as well...) which he will use to hide our tracks. Specifically, he's trying to hide the people tracks, so it will just look like a wandering animal (mammoth) came up to the road and walked away... Then Ungor will give you a lift out of the area, as he doesn't leave tracks.

We will then (after backing away) follow parallel to the trail towards the building that Twilight found (1/2 a mile). Depending on the creature Twilight found (ie. is it a guard animal/sentry of some sort), we will sneak by it (We are far from the road, -100 or more to perception checks. What we don't want to do is leave a corpse to be found indicating that we are out here...), and find a campsite where we can observe the building, preferably from above. That will probably take us until dark, and then we should make a hidden camp. I'm guessing this is the steading and we will want to do some preparatory recon before we hit it...

We are ok on travel time to do all of that because of Nature's Path making us travel as if we are on a road - at a mammoth's 40 ft /hr, we can do 3 miles in an hour on a road in a mountain hex...

"That's a decent idea Ungor. Fenla, Brother Hawthorne, Rommin, are any of you experienced riders? If not, I am driving +7 ride . Rommin, you're probably our best woodsman, do what you can to disguise our tracks, so it just looks like a wandering mammoth came up to the road and then wandered off again. Then you get a ride on Ungor as he doesn't leave tracks."

"We will back off a quarter mile and follow the road to the building that Twilight found. We'll sneak around and see if it's the steading. I think we are close from Ungor's conversations with Tiny. But come what may, we make a hidden camp again when it gets dark, and explore in the morning... "

If Rommin is still busy, do we want to bot him to move things on? He popped into the discussion thread on Sat... but didn't post anything in the gameplay thread.

As usual, additions to the plan are welcome


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Vakmu mounts up on Tiny.
Bareback ride Check, take 10 ⇒ (10) + 7-5 = 12 ( -5 penalty for no gear ).

Ride, Aid Another to help Fenla mount Tiny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Ride, Aid Another to help Brother Hawthorne mount Tiny: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

As Vakmu looks expectantly at Fenla to climb Tiny, she giggles and utters an incantation. *Casts Fly*
Immediately she lifts off the ground and floats above Tiny coming down slowly to land on top of him and attempts to find a good place to sit.

Ride: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Not sure what pluses and minuses there might be on that. Of course while the fly spell is in effect falling won't matter. :D

Twilight comes fluttering back from the woods, snuggling up underneath Fenla's hair. Twilight communicated with Fenla telling her about what she sensed. Fenla turned to the others, "Well about half a mile away it appears the is a building with smoke and loud noise. I assume that's the loud smelly ogres. And perhaps a guard at the valley entrance."


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

"Can we fit Lucky up on the beast as well? Lucky doesn't like being left behind."


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"Sounds like a good enough plan." to Brother H "Probably too much to ask of Tiny, but I don't mind if Lucky jumps up on my back as long as he can hang on. Gozreh guide our efforts."

Ungor cast Guidance and attempts to coax Lucky to climb up.

handle animal just in case: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24 in bear form I don't get my 2 legged bonus but I do still get guidance :)

survival to find pathway according to Vakmu's plan: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32


Maybe I am confused here, but I was thinking that the mounts went with Fergus, and Lucky was part of that?


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Hmm, I suppose, although I figured we let those big ungainly things you humans ride go, and a cute fuzzy thing like Lucky, being medium sized and able to go anywhere you beasts can could stay with us. I'm fine either way I suppose.


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16
Brother Hawthorne wrote:
Hmm, I suppose, although I figured we let those big ungainly things you humans ride go, and a cute fuzzy thing like Lucky, being medium sized and able to go anywhere you beasts can could stay with us. I'm fine either way I suppose.

Your call, you were riding him... but we are going to have to take some sort of steps to keep him from giving away our campsite, unless you plan on riding through the halls of the steading...


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

We can let him go for now. I'll pick him back up later.

"Alas, I keep forgetting that I let poor Lucky to go back with Fergus and the others. I miss the companionship."


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

"I was wondering about why you acting as if your invisible friend was with us, but didn't want to spoil the moment for you. Hopefully my pantomime interaction with invisible Lucky keeps his fond memory alive for you." Brother H gets a big teethy bear grin as Ungor turns back to picking the path through the wilderness.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

"By Charmalaine I like you Bearman!"


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

Rommin orders Wisp to fly ahead, scouting the way. He takes his place at the back of the small group, carefully removing as many signs of their passage as they can.

Each time Wisp returns from a scouting, he gives his report in common so everyone can hear, understand and ask questions if they wish.


While you are waiting for your scouts, please make a perception and stealth check. tiny, obviously, cannot make a stealth roll.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 +3 vs traps, +2 vs surprised
Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

hehehe He said make a stealth roll. ;)

stealth: 1d20 - 12 ⇒ (17) - 12 = 5 0 ranks, -1 dex mod, -8 huge size, -3 ACP

woohoo!!! a positive number

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Ungor is apparently more interested in the ground.


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Stealth: 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 6 = 10 +1 for dex -4 for total ACP

Perception: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 = 19 +15 skill +2 for familiar>alertness


Ranger2/Wizard5 Elf | Init:+8 | Per:+21 | F:+5 R:+8 W:+6 | HP 48/48 | AC:19 FF:15 T:14 CMD:20 |

Perception 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (6) + 19 = 25 +2 if vs. giants. Note: this does not include Alertness feat since Wisp is away scouting.

Stealth 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32


perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

perception 15:
You hear movement behind you and an off-key humming noise. is that an attempt at music? Looking at the shadows behind you, you see a many leg thing with maybe a rider moving towards you. The humming cuts off, and the rider and his beast paused.

Wilrin:
You hum a whimsical tune as he sits on the back of his giant spider, Legs, It is three days now and we ain’t much closer to catching these miscreants. He adjusts his seat in the saddle trying to get comfortable as he looks toward the ground, eyes moving quickly from side to side, searching for a sign of the giant and mammoth that destroyed his village. It is Legs who finds your quarry’s trail first, letting out a soft clicking from its mandible to notify his master of his success. Hope renewed the pair continued their pursuit. At last, you see your prey. The mammoth is just standing at a fork in the path in front of you. Beside it is a...bear? No giants or orcs to see. In fact, no one else is visible at all. This is odd. The mammoth sees you and stamps its foot. It is very big.

tiny perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (3) + 22 = 25

ungor:
Tiny Snorts, and stamps her foot on the ground with a loud, dull thud. She is about to roar a challenge. This will be very loud

the party:
There is a loud thump as tiny sees a problem, and stomps her foot against the ground

How many ways can this go wrong.

Actions? It is late afternoon at this point, and the shadows are growing deep. you are separated by about 50 feet. Wilrin is in shadow. Most of the party is concealed.


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne will start slinking out to the side of the newcomer, his saps at the ready...

Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

Ungor looks up from the ground and takes a look at Tiny. Seeing the mammoth getting ready to sound the alarm, he makes use of his "break in case of Tiny emergency, while still in bear form" spell.

Casts "Speak with Animals"...this is the regular spell and not the special werebear-kin ability

Ungor moves to "in front of Tiny" to block her vision and keep her focus on him / his words (in mammoth)"Whoa. Whoa. Whoa! Don't you go giving our hiding spot away Tiny. Calm down and let's talk about whatever is giving you the heebee jeebees. I'm sure we can deal with whatever it is, but without giving loud challenges. So what has got you spooked?"

handle animal (just in case): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Vakmu turns sharply at the noise behind him, and speaks to his companions (just talking, not shouting) , "Rider, behind us, on an I don't know what" , and then in a louder voice, projected towards the rider "Well met stranger, come forward slowly, that we may see you. What is your business here?", as he turns Tiny to face the newcomer.

Vakmu will take 10 on a ride & handle animal checks, just to let Tiny know the boss is aware and taking things in hand :

Ride, take 10 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 (guide with knees is DC 5)
Handle Animal, take 10 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 (use known trick is DC 10; Trick is Down. Tiny is combat trained, I think, and thus has the down trick)


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30
Vakmu Blackhorse wrote:

"Well met stranger, come forward slowly, that we may see you. What is your business here?", as he turns Tiny to face the newcomer.

Surprised by the voice the gnome asks himself, And who be speaking to me a bear or a mammoth? He quickly recovers his wits and answers, ”I be the one tracking that big smelly hairy beast you be cavorting with and the dimwitted inbred giant that destroyed me village. That’s who I be.”

He places his hands on his hips, ”Now I be having business with that giant. Bring him forward and I’ll be letting the lot of you live.”


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Vakmu is rather surprised to be mistaken for a giant, being all of 6' tall - frost giants run about 15' tall...

In a skeptical tone of voice "I am Vakmu Blackhorse. There are no giants here, and I am skeptical of either your story or eyesight."

He continues " None of us are giants and that should be obvious from where you are. Also, if you've been tracking Tiny the Mammoth here, from that village which the giant's war band destroyed, you'd have seen the battlefield where we, under the terms of our charter from King Skotti, slaughtered the raiders, giant included - leaving the bodies for the ravens!"

With a hardening tone, " I won't call you a liar yet, but again, who are you blind man, and what is your business here?"


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision
Wilrin wrote:
Vakmu Blackhorse wrote:

"Well met stranger, come forward slowly, that we may see you. What is your business here?", as he turns Tiny to face the newcomer.

Surprised by the voice the gnome asks himself, And who be speaking to me a bear or a mammoth? He quickly recovers his wits and answers, ”I be the one tracking that big smelly hairy beast you be cavorting with and the dimwitted inbred giant that destroyed me village. That’s who I be.”

He places his hands on his hips, ”Now I be having business with that giant. Bring him forward and I’ll be letting the lot of you live.”

funny that Vakmu hit send before I could...but we had similar interpretations.

To help illustrate the scene, Vakmu is riding bareback on the mammoth (called Tiny) and there is a huge (same size as the mammoth) dire bear that is making mammoth noises. and I presume all the stealth-ers aren't visible yet.

Ungor is surprised by the voice behind him and quickly turns around to face the noise direction and speaks in the common tongue after Vakmu addresses the new comer. "I am not smelly!! Nor have I ever cavorted with giants! In fact we are tracking giants back to their steading to give them a what for. Since you know there are no giants here. Then obviously your challenge was for me. Show yourself and we will see who will be letting who live."

It is probably obvious to his companions that Ungor has definitely understood the challenge as his typical "warm welcome" he gets as a giant bear strolling into human towns he usually gets.

Ungor is already sensitive to people not liking his appearance. :) refer to his introduction conversation a few days past.


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

”Haaa haaa,” Wilren slapped his thigh as let out a loud guffaw.

”Of course I be knowing that neither of you be giants but what you are or aren’t and your level of odoriferousness remains to be ascertained,” he replies once he stops laughing. With a grin still on his face he looks to the talking bear,”It wasn’t you that I be accusing of cavorting with giants it be that other hairy beast next to you.”

He shakes his head his grin slowly fades, ”I be Wilrin Bignoodle of Radish Hollow and the facts of the matter at hand are; that me village was destroyed by giants and that smelly creature.” He vaguely points in the mammoths direction and continues, ”I be tracking them for three days and that trail leads here.” He looks around, eyes squinting as he strokes his beard, ”Now I be seeing for me self that there be no giants close at hand but that don’t mean you ain’t cached them somewhere or why ye be making nice with their pets.”


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Sense Motive,Untrained: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

Despite his outlandish spider mount, Vakmu senses no deception on the part of the revealed gnome.

"Well, seems like we are here on the same business - giant slaying. As for cavorting with hairy beasts, well, we had no trail to follow, but Tiny here is a very smart girl, and she remembers where she was stabled before going a' raiding... With a little persuasion,", magical-ish finger wiggling, " she led us here, to this trail. About 1/2 a mile that way", pointing, "There is building, were someone or something is making much noise and smoke... I suspect that this is the steading of the Hill Giant Chief, Nosnra the Glutton, which we were ordered to destroy. The old saying is many hands make light work - do you want to work together?"


Male Werebear-kin skinwalker Druid (bear shaman) 7 (AC: 23 current | HP: 80/80 | CMD (base) 24 | F+12, R+3, W+10 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13 | Lowlight vision

(in mammoth to Tiny) "Definitely calm down girl. We have a wild one here that seems to take offense to large creatures like you and me. You good?" Ungor makes some more of the 'unnatural mammoth from a bear' noises and seems to be looking at Tiny for a response.

presuming Tiny is calmed down by Vakmu and my animal check, I will move away from her to inspect the new addition.

"Bignoodle huh?! You look more like a wee-noodle. And just so we are straight...Tiny here ain't no smelly creature either. She's our new friend and guide. In fact, she cooperated and led us to this very spot, like Vakmu said, where we hope to take out some more of those giant folks that I presume are the same ones you are after." Ungor pauses for a moment to see if the new small rider is coming off the "I'm going to kill that mammoth ledge."

"oh and Tiny ain't no one's pet either. She is free to come and go as she pleases. And she pleases to be helpful to us right now...well mainly me, but Vakmu is I think getting comfortable around her more..." the bear seems to go off on a soliloquy mumbling to himself, but loud enough to hear..."and that lil Fenla is a fascinating thing to watch...watch her watch big creatures that is...Brother Hawthorne is kinda special, he has invisible friends, but they are nice enough friends...Rommin's been quiet and come to think of it...I haven't seen him around lately."

Ungor appears to come out of his mumbling and looks back at the new Gnome. "I... am Ungor..the Dire as some call me. and I am here to eradicate giants."


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Wilren listens to Ugnor and Vakmu his gaze going back and forth between the two nodding his head in agreement at the appropriate places. The gnome begins to relax, his wild smirk returning, as he realizes they share the same purpose, ”Well why didn’t you just be saying so in the first place. Let’s be decimating some giants.

He hesitates for a moment, ”I be sorry, I forgot me manners, I am all flubergated. I forgot to introduce me mount Legs.”


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Hawthorne has been slowly moving himself into position to strike the newcomer, should the need arise. As things are apparently calmed down, Hawthorne completes his movement right up near Wilfrin...

Stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40

... before popping up from hiding, "well I am glad we got all of that worked out. Oh, and as for decimating the giants, can't we kill them all, instead of just one in ten?"


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Startled by the appearance of the halfling Wilrin almost falls out of his saddle only years of training prevent him from embarrassing himself. He stares at Brother Hawthorne for a moment making sure he doesn’t disappear, ”Of course ... that’s what I be saying murderize all the giants.”


M Half Orc| HP 67+8/67| w/ shield: AC: 19, T: 11, FF:18 | Spd: 30ft/ 20ft w/armor | Shaman 7 | Init +7, Darkvision 60; Percept: +15, Sense Motive: +5 | Saves: F: +7, R: +7, W: +14 | CMB +6 / CMD 16

"All right then, let's get moving before we run out of daylight here. It's already twilight, and we've got maybe 3/4 of an hour before it's fully dark. Wilrin, the current plan is to back off maybe a 1/4 mile from the trail here, and then follow parallel to it into the valley yonder, where the steading is. Then we will set up a hidden camp - we have spells for that - for next couple of days, we scout the place and plan our raid. Then we hit them. So lets get our butts a moving."

Vakmu turns Tiny again, to lead off (because she is the one with Nature's Path on her, which makes the travel easier for all of us).

" By the way, Fenla's familiar, Twilight the bat, reports there's a creature of some sort on the main trail... We think it's a guard, so we want to sneak past it without the alarm being raised. We can come back for it later, after we've done our scouting..."


Female NG Gnome Arcanist (Brown Fur Transmuter) 7 | HP 59/59 | AC 23 T 14 FF 21 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +14, SM: +0 | Speed 20ft | Arcane Reservoir: 6/10 | Spells: 1st 4/5 2nd 4/5 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: None.

Fenla listened from atop Tiny's back, waiting to see if the creature that approached was friend or foe. Watching as he stepped into the light she was surprised to see one of her kin, but was even more surprised to see what he was riding. "A spider?!" She thought to herself, "How absurd!." Suddenly Twilight fluttered beneath Fen'as hair in aggravation. Fenla was startled but then thought "Oh right... I am carrying a bat around with me, I guess I shouldn't judge. Let's go meet the new Gnome Twilight!"

Used 1 Arcane pool point to cast Dimensional Slide

Suddenly Fenla disappeared off of Tiny's back and appeared right behind Ungor. Although she didn't know Ungor very well yet she felt protected behind the large bear. Poking her head around she got a better look at the spider riding stranger. Seeing one of her kin she smiled brightly, "Hi! I'm Fenla! Nice to meet you Wilrin. I like your, um... mount."


Male NG Gnome Cavalier (Vermin Tamer) 7|HP 88/88|AC 23 (T:14, FF:21) +4 vs giants|CMB +9, CMD 21|F:+11, R:+5, W:+5|Init +2|Perc: +8, Darkvision|Speed 20ft |Challenge 3/3| Tactician 2/2|
Legs:
Vermin (link to sheet) | HP 39/39 |AC 19 (t13 ff16) | F:6 R:8 W:2 | cmb 5 cmd 18 (30 vs trip) | Init +3 | Perception +0 Darkvision Tremorsense | Climb 30

Wilren’s eyes light up at the sight of another gnome and he makes a short bow from his saddle, ”Wilren at your service. Thank you. His ears turn red and he begins to blush as he blurts out, ”I can teach you to ride. It would probably be better than riding that ... umm.... tiny... ummm anyway you look coordinated and not too plump, if you don’t mind my saying, so it should be easy.”


Male Halfling Acquisitionist - 7 | Init +6 | Perception: +11 (+3 vs traps, +2 to avoid being surprised) HP:67/67 8NL AC: 24* TCH: 18 FF: 17 CMD: 20* | F+6*, R+13*, W+4*

Brother Hawthorne shakes his head, and thinks to himself, "no sooner do we have two gnomes in the group, and they are already looking to procreate. Some things never change."

401 to 450 of 674 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / ADQ table 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.