Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1,651 to 1,700 of 1,730 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Evil GM
Aggrah the White Witch wrote:
Oops... Sorry Tes

It adds some spice to the game.

Dr Tes you owe a reflex Save DC 16 versus the web spell. It is also your turn.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

The good doctor removes himself from the area posthaste, seeing no way he could fight tumbling detritus. "A spell, perhaps?"


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Double damn and blast it! My blades and arrows are worthless here. Maybe the fire spell can do something good, but I'm useless."


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 2

Beorn -
Tumbleweed Swarms -
Ulfrec -
Bradan -
Calain -
Dr Tes -
Poke -

RD 2 Map


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn will grab a torch and flint and steel from his pack and begin to light the torch(done)


Evil GM

The tangleweed swarms will move into Ulfrec and Bradan's square (10 ft area) and Calain and Aggrah's square (10 ft area)

Ulfrec and Bradan: 1d6 ⇒ 5
*DC 14 distraction

Calain and Aggrah: 1d6 ⇒ 4
*DC 14 distraction

Entangling Vines (Ex):
Tangleweed vines grasp at creatures caught in the swarm. A creature that begins its turn in a swarm’s space or moves through the swarm moves at half speed until it exits the
swarm.
By succeeding at a DC 14 Strength or Escape Artist check, a creature can negate this effect, but it must attempt this check for every square it moves through the swarm. The DCs are Constitution-based.

Entrap (Ex):
At the beginning of the swarm’s turn, all creatures inside its space must make a DC 14 Strength or Escape Artist check or become entrapped. If a creature fails a second saving throw
against this ability, it is completely entrapped by tangleweed vines, cannot breathe (forcing it to hold its breath or suffocate), and takes 1d3 points of damage at the beginning of its turn.

updated Battlemap


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Fighting off the nausea from the tumbleweeds, Bradan pulls back and sheathes his handaxe.

"Good idea, Beorn. Looks like we're gonna have to burn em out."


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 2 update

Beorn - started fire
Tumbleweed Swarms - moved onto calain, aggrah, bradan and ulfrec
Ulfrec -
Bradan - started fire
Calain -
Dr Tes -
Poke -


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

fort, distraction: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Ulfrec moves the flaming sphere into a one of the swarms.

dmg flaming sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 6) = 10


Evil GM

reflex save from flaming sphere: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The swarm makes the save once again frustrating the druid.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

escape: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
distraction: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

This time as the swarm moves back over her Aggrah trips over her own feet and can't get out


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 2 update

Beorn - started fire
Tumbleweed Swarms - moved onto calain, aggrah, bradan and ulfrec
Ulfrec - moved FS but tangleweed made save
Bradan - started fire
Aggrah - entangled
Calain -
Dr Tes -
Poke -

I apparently forgot to add Aggrah to the initiative order so I slipped her in behind Bradan. feel free to take your action.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain attempts to step 5ft away from the tumble weed towards the building to get a bit of distance and bring his heavy weapon to bear.
What magic is this? You'd think a blade would suffice, we have to fight the plants in this place now?
2 Hand Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 1 = 26
2 Hand Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 = 9

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Confirm Crit?: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 1 = 19


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"Hey Dwarf." Poke Poke calls out as he tosses oil at the tubble weed

toss oil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

not sure if she can attempt to escape again.... But if possible.....

Aggrah fights like mad to escape the swarm, a tinge of panic creeping in
escape: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Evil GM

Calain your weapon does zero damage to the diminutive tangleweed swarm. Although the goblins does splash oil all over the tangleweed Calain is battling.

Aggrah the tumbleweed intertwines and wraps you tightly. Your breath is becoming ragged as you fail to escape.

Entrap (Ex)::

At the beginning of the swarm’s turn, all creatures inside its space must make a DC 14 Strength or Escape Artist check or become entrapped. If a creature fails a second saving throw against this ability, it is completely entrapped by tangleweed vines, cannot breathe (forcing it to hold its breath or suffocate), and takes 1d3 points of damage at the beginning of its turn.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Let the fire do its work! Stop trying to smash dead vegetation!"


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 3

Beorn -
Tumbleweed Swarms -
Ulfrec -
Bradan -
Aggrah -
Calain -
Dr Tes -
Poke -


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn's torch glows with arcane power and he smashes it down on a swarm!

Arcane strike, torch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 +1 point of fire damage


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Well, aren't you the helpful barrister... Thanks!

Ulfrec directs the flaming sphere to where there is oil. Shortly therafter, the fire ball extinguishes.


Evil GM

The flaming sphere ignites the oil.

fire from oil: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Evil GM

Beorn your touch attack misses. ulfrec does manage to get the oil to ignite before his flaming sphere disappears. I misspoke previously. Poke splashed oil on Ulfre and Bradan's tangleweed, not calain's as previousl mentioned.

The tangleweed begisn to suffocate Aggrah and Calain causing each some damage. dam: 1d3 ⇒ 2

The second tangleweed that is one fire backs away trying to extinguish the flame. reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 The flame extinguishes

Initiative order: RD 3

Beorn - arcane strike missed
Tumbleweed Swarms -
Ulfrec - ignites tangleweed with his move action
Bradan -
Aggrah -
Calain -
Dr Tes -
Poke -


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

can aggrah make additional rolls to escape? or is she helpless once entrapped?

if she can still make escape attempts
escape: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Evil GM
Aggrah the White Witch wrote:

can aggrah make additional rolls to escape? or is she helpless once entrapped?

if she can still make escape attempts

You get two chances to escape. DC 14 str or escape artist.

Entrap:
At the beginning of the swarm’s turn, all creatures inside its space must make a DC 14 Strength or Escape Artist check or become entrapped. If a creature fails a second saving throw against this ability, it is completely entrapped by tangleweed vines, cannot breathe (forcing it to hold its breath or suffocate), and takes 1d3 points of damage at the beginning of its turn.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Ulfrec - ignites tangleweed with his move action

Still needs a Reflex Save or takes flaming sphere damage.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Dr. Tes looks to see if he could investigate the door. perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Ulfrec - ignites tangleweed with his move action
Still needs a Reflex Save or takes flaming sphere damage.

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Evil GM

Dr Tes the door is good quality wooden door. It is locked and you are confident that it is not trapped.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain starts flexing REALLY hard.
DC14 Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Evil GM

Calain breaks free from the entrapment then backs out of the immediate danger.


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 3

Beorn - arcane strike missed
Tumbleweed Swarms -
Ulfrec - ignites tangleweed with his move action
Bradan -
Aggrah - ties to escape but is entrapped in tangleweed
Calain - breaks free
Dr Tes - insects the door
Poke


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Having run out oil, Poke Poke joins Dr. Tes at the door

perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Evil GM

Poke Poke skedaddles fleeing the battle. His confirms Dr Tes' belief that the door is unlocked and no traps.

Bradan you are up.


Evil GM

Bradan you still have a RD 3 action

Aggrah still has herself tangle and suffocating in the tanglewweed. Is anyone going to render her aid or assist her in the str or escape artist check.

Dr Tes and Poke Poke are at the front door of the building.

Initiative order: RD 4

Beorn -
Tumbleweed Swarms -
Ulfrec -
Bradan -
Aggrah -
Calain -
Dr Tes -
Poke -

I'll get the RD 4 map posted tomorrow.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Holding his torch aloft, Bradan reaches in and attempts to pull Aggrah out of the tumbleweeds by her collar.

"Nope. Not gonna check out like that!"

Str?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Ugh. Dice roller hates Bradan.


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 4

Beorn -
Tumbleweed Swarms -
Ulfrec -
Bradan -
Aggrah -
Calain -
Dr Tes -
Poke -

use the last map but note that Dr Tes, Pike are a the door and Calain has stepped back 5ft.


Evil GM

RD 4 Map

Beorn you are up.

Aggrah You can keep trying to escape your break your way out. You just take d3 damage as it suffocates you. it would be a great time for someone to have the grease spell.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Grease spell. Duly noted!

suffocation damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
escape: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

the panic gives Aggrah a bit of extra strength and she RUNS out of the grasp of the evil plant.....and she gasps trying to recover her breath somebody KILL that thing!


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn tries setting it on fire again

Arcane Strike, torch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6+1 fire


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec moves to the door, with Geri.


Evil GM

Agrah manages to pull herself out of the tangleweed as Beorn feebly attempts to light the weed on fire. ulfrec and Geri move to the door.

The swarms pause for a moment.

I'll let everyone get to door. I should have only had one swarm when I put that encounter together.


Evil GM

Everyone gets to the door, who is going to open it and what the marching order?


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain will position himself behind the rogues giving them a 5 to 10ft lead as the building allows.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

as the squishiest caster Aggrah will be last in unless some galant chap wants to take rear guard...in which case she'll be 2nd to last


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn takes middle position


Evil GM

Poke, Dr Tes, Calain, Beorn, Aggrah, Bradan?


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke opens the door as stealthily as possible ready to dodge if need be

stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan readies his bow and stands at the tail of the group, next to Aggrah.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

I still question the choice to just barge in lime this. We did intrude on their land.


Evil GM

Inside the House

Brackish water bubbles up from the ground covering most of the dark, oblong-shaped chamber's floor. A cracked, bronze mirror hangs from the wall directly opposite the door. Thick layers of dirt, decaying vegetation, and vines cover a chilly, stone hearth that occupies the near corner. Two weathered and badly damaged paintings of demonic creatures devouring humanoid legs and arms cling precariously to knobs in the branches that make up the wall.

1,651 to 1,700 of 1,730 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.