Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1,551 to 1,600 of 1,859 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Pure prejudice and a lack of knowledge, Aggrah. I mean, there are plenty of nice women who live in giant candy houses in haunted forests that don't eat children for their extended lifespan. I'm sure there's at least one I heard about."

Bradan grins at the witch as he unslings his bow and readies an arrow along the string.


Evil GM

Poke Poke and Dr Tes break off from the main group as they begin to scout ahead.

Poke Poke Stealth: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33

Suddenly the two sneaks disappear under a giant cypress tree.

Update Map

How far ahead are you planning to scout?


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec grumbles, albeit quietly...

perception, darkvision: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:


How far ahead are you planning to scout?

guess that means everyone wants us to sneak ahead. How far we go depends on what we can see. If nothing is in the way We'll make our way toward the house. Poke Poke does not have fast stealth so it will take a few rounds to get there.

perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Continued stealth if needed: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34
perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Continued stealth if needed: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32
perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Calain continues to follow the Goblin, merely offering at nod to acknowledge the Goblin potentially saved his heavy armored butt from a significant hazard of the quicksand. He did shake away the notion the goblin was being altruistic however, since scouting WAS the creatures job.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

survival, sorry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Evil GM

Dr Tes and Poke get themselves under a giant cypress and vanish from their comrades view. Under the cypress the two of you have good view of the water you need to cross and the cottage on the other side. the water itself has an eerily thing mist clinging just above its surface.

Calian you let the two sneak scout ahead what you figure is 30 feet. They were heading towards a large Cypress tree but you lost sight of the sneaks.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn fidgets as he waits for them to come back.


Evil GM

After a few rounds Poke and Dr Tes are in position under a giant Cypress tree and from that position they look at the grounds.

poke perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Dr Tes perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Poke poke gets distracted by the stagnant air. Meanwhile, Dr Tes notices a single eye blink as a nearly transparent blob clings to a branch directly overhead. It then releases it's self. 1 is poke, 2 Tes: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Calain you are still 15 feet behind the two scouts when you finally notice they have stopped to view the surroundings.

the nearly transparent blob drops on Poke Poke's scalp.

slam: 1d8 ⇒ 1;dam: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
plus paralysis DC 17 fortrds: 1d4 ⇒ 1

-----
Dr. Tes you do get an AOO on the creature as it falls through the air since you noticed it.


Evil GM

Initiative::

Calain: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
poke: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Dr Tes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

hag's eye ooze: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (5) - 5 = 0

Initiative order:

Dr Tes
Poke
Calain
hag's eye ooze

the others need to be notified of the conflict


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:


the nearly transparent blob drops on Poke Poke's scalp.

[dice=slam]1d8;[dice=dam]1d6+6
plus paralysis DC 17 fort[dice=rds]1d4

Dose it need tomake an attack roll? And is it getting two damages (Slam and Dam)?


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:


Dose it need tomake an attack roll? And is it getting two damages (Slam and Dam)?

I miss typed the attack roll. It get a damage plus paralysis.

slam: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

He slimed Poke!


Evil GM

Bump. Dr Tes, Poke, and Calain you are up.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke daftly dodges the slime and stabs at it with his daggers

dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
slashing dmg: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
snk att: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
slashing dmg: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
snk att: 2d8 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

aoo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23damage, sneak from flank I'm assuming?: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (2, 5) = 13

Tes whiffs at the thing as it falls, but once it's landed he gets a good bop in.


Evil GM

Poke and Dr Tes fight their first ooze and they quickly realize that this creature is an amorphous creature. Thus it is not subject to critical hits or flanking. it does not take additional damage from precision-based attacks, such as sneak attack.

The two sneaks blink in awe as they realize they may need to muscle their way through this combat, rather than finesse strike it.

Calain you are up.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Needing Muscle? OK. Fighter GO!
Buffs: Nil, Rage rounds left 6, Temp HP6, -2AC from Rage, -2AC From Charging, +1AC vs Large

Calain CHARGES forward, beginning with the Lucerne hammer behind his back and moves up to stand back 5ft away from Poke poke and attempts to attack the blob with all his might and wanting to end the fight quickly smashing down hard with the heavy weapon.

2 hand CHARGE, RAGE, Power Attack, Reckless Rage: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 21+1Attack vs Large
2 Hand PA, Reckless Rage: 1d12 + 7 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 3 + 3 = 17

Rargghh!


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Is Tes' mace equally useless to a blade? I forget.


Evil GM
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
Is Tes' mace equally useless to a blade? I forget.

This particular ooze doesn't have anything listed about Dr weapons but like all oozes they are immune to critical damage and precision/sneak damage.

Calain rushes by ROAAAAAAAAAARing and smashes down on the nearly transparent form.


Evil GM

OOZE

The ooze strikes at Dr. Tes

slam: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20;damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
plus paralysis DC 17 RDs: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Evil GM

Bradan, Aggrah, Beorn, and Ulfrec you see Calain sprinting and then hear him roaring while he disappears under a huge Cypress tree. What are you going to do?


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 2

Dr Tes
Poke
Calain
hag's eye ooze


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

BEORN CHARGES!!!!


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah will run forward and see what the heck is going on


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec and Geri bring up the rear, keeping an eye out.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

To what squares? GM posted a map above a few posts


Evil GM

Updated Map with the ooze on in Tes hex


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan moves to the east and points his nocked towards the oozed rogues.

"What the heck is that thing? Its like moving snot covering you. I dont wanna shoot and hit one of you guys. "

He readies to fire if he gets a clean shot.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

fort save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Unsure where to poke this thing for the most damage Poke Poke stabs at it again

dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
slashing dmg: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
slashing dmg: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Snot? Leave it to a goblin to have new life crawl from their nose!


Evil GM

Poke Poke stabs at the ooze and hits it twice. It clings to the goblins blade like snot running out of goblin runts nostrils. It is still alive.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah advances just far enough to get line of sight on the ooze (dm's choice) and then hits it with an evil eye dc17 (-2 to hit)


Evil GM
Aggrah the White Witch wrote:
Aggrah advances just far enough to get line of sight on the ooze (dm's choice) and then hits it with an evil eye dc17 (-2 to hit)

Aggrah attempts her evil attempting to creep a bit of doubt into it's mind, but she soon learns that it has absolutely no effect on the mindless blob.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6


Buffs: Nil, Rage rounds left 5, Temp HP6, -2AC from Rage, +1AC vs Large

Calain continues his own assault on the blood aiming for a portion of the blob clinging to the side of the Goblin and attempting to cleave it off, coming precariously close to Poke Poke.

2 hand RAGE, Power Attack, Reckless Rage: 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 18+1Attack vs Large
2 Hand PA, Reckless Rage: 1d12 + 7 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 3 + 3 = 23

Pull from it's grasp!


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec attempts to get a good look and identify the thing...

kn nature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Evil GM

With Calian last attack the snotty blob pops and dies. It leaves the goblin and Dr Tes gooey from it's suction like attacks. Calain and the two sneaks each take 2 HPs of acid damage.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

No time for a facial, ladies...

Though, if I ever survive this nightmare... could harvest these critters and use them to remove warts, smooth calloused feet and the like.

Remember that, Geri.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Just what was that thing?


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Buffs: Nil, Rage rounds left 4,+1AC vs Large

Calain dismisses his rage and leans over his Lucerne Hammer as he catches his breath.
That's one I no longer owe you Goblin. Try to avoid snot piles in future


Evil GM

The blob does look like gooey snot slime.

Now that the group is under the tree you get a better look at the sluggish streams, and stagnant pond emitting foul odors surrounding the oddly shaped structure crudely built from bundled branches, thatch, and mud. the puffs of smoke being belched from two stone chimneys has increased as if fresh wood or coals have been placed in the chimneys. the ground between the sluggish streams and the door have a few low bushes and tumble weeds that could be used as partial cover as you approach the building.

You boat and canoe will work to get across the waters or you could swim it.

How are you going to proceed?

Updated Map of the Grounds


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

I don't suppose our fine scouts are up for another mission?


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Probably best if we stay relatively close together. If Calain hadn't been there, PokePoke and the good doctor could have been eaten by snot slime. I'd say we take the boats over and get a look."


Evil GM

I added the tumbleweeds near the cottage on the map.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Am I unparalysed yet?


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Very well, some more boat travel!


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Calain wrote:

Buffs: Nil, Rage rounds left 4,+1AC vs Large

Calain dismisses his rage and leans over his Lucerne Hammer as he catches his breath.
That's one I no longer owe you Goblin. Try to avoid snot piles in future

"Poke Poke had it just fine. Now you have alerted everyone to our presence. Quite is the whole point of sneaking you oaf."


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Bradan Finn wrote:
"Probably best if we stay relatively close together. If Calain hadn't been there, PokePoke and the good doctor could have been eaten by snot slime. I'd say we take the boats over and get a look."

Poke Poke rolls his eyes at the statements from the two humans.


Evil GM
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
Am I unparalysed yet?

yes you are.

1,551 to 1,600 of 1,859 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.