Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,839 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec has Mending (spell) if that helps...

The Dwarf's eyes pierce the night as he gives the area one last scan before he and Geri curl up, back to back and sleep.

perception, darkvision: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

As the group sets up camp for the night Aggrah takes another shot at identifying the items that frustrated her the first time

spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Ring

spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Hand ax

spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Potion


Evil GM

Aggrah:

Ring: not able to be identified
Handaxe: +1, with the Huntsman special ability
Potion: CSW


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn uses his nightsigh to pierce the gloom and make sure nothing nasty appears.

He will also be sure to check his boots, not wanting something like what happened to a brave soldier who ventured onto unknown worlds


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

still can't figure out this ring. But the others..... Aggrah explains the properties of the axe and Potion


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Sleep on it, Lassy... it'll come to ya. Thanks, again. You're a fine young lady... Ulfrec grumbles, half asleep.


Evil GM

The first watch goes by uneventfully.

Calain and Beorn each of you make a perception check during the midnight watch.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Seeing everyone else mill about then lay down with no real discussion of watch Poke Poke heads over to his client "We should hide ourselves a bit better."

Poke Poke looks around "Maybe there" Poke Poke points out a particularly shady area by a tree that can be in full view of the camp to Dr. Tes. "Here help Poke Poke with this."

Poke Poke pulls out a string with bells attached and proceeds to cordon off an area with the trip wire.

disable traps to set the bell trip wire: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
hide: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

disable device aid another: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14"Prime idea! Perhaps if we hang it this way it's more efficient!"


Evil GM

Poke Poke and Dr. Tes manage to set a bell trip wire. Once the device is secure, the goblin blends into the shadows of the brush.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Beorn the Divine wrote:
[dice=Perception]1d20+5

you dont see Poke Poke, lol


Evil GM

DMPC Calain's perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Beorn had a 9 perception during his watch.

Calain you hear the snap with the underbrush. When you approach the sound and you notice the branches of several large trees hang down over the trail forming a curtain of sorts and obscuring sight of the movement that lies beyond.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 4/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain adopts a low profile and moves to rouse the dwarf.
The dwarf and his dog could fare better in this darkness than the night blind human.

He gently shakes him awake, Something on the path


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Grumble grumble... Path of the Wolf. Huh, wha'? Wake the witch...

Geri stirs, riding to check things out. Ulfrec laments not having his armor on.

Ulfrec perception, darkvision: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Geri perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Evil GM

The crusty sleep has clouded both geri and ulfrec's eyes.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ain't nothin' going back to sleep. Ulfrec shuffles back to his spot.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

ZNNORRREEEE!


Evil GM

Calain what are you going to do, folks are dismissing your alert?

You don't see or hear anything approach the campsite, at least not from your current position.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Zzzz"


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 4/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain readies his Lucerne Hammer and gives Ulfrec a much harder squeeze.

Stand to for a quarter bell. Get off your arse. I KNOW I heard something. Rouse the wolf properly. Your dwarf eyes can see what mine cannot. We need to do a clockwise search.

Making sure the dwarf is properly roused Calain will move around the camp Lucerne Hammer in hand, waking the rest of the party.

I heard movement on the perimeter. 15min Stand to.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan snaps up and reflexively grabs his bow. Stopping short of drawing it, he scans the area as Calain makes his noise.

"Whaddya see? Something trying to sneak up on us?"

He stands and pulls his quiver on, scanning for threats as he lays a shaft along his bowstring.

Perception(Swamp): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 = 11


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec isn't pleased. Iffin I'm gonna believe ya, boy...

The dwarf starts to don his hide cuirass. Geri... Taking up his axe, he takes about look, stepping deeper into the darkness.

Ulfrec perception, darkvision: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

perc to notice Grumpy shout about: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
fort to wake up: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Poke Poke continues to skeep comfy in his hiding spot


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Zzzz.. Bwaaa? What is going on? Is it my watch now?


Evil GM

Ulfrec and Calain you each hear some rustling coming from beyond your encampment. Calain you go to the edge of camp and stand in a defensive position. You don't see anything but you definatly hear something squriming around beyond your immediate vision in the undergrowth.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Someone light a torch... Ulfrec continues selling out the source of the sound.


Evil GM

Ulfrec you get up near Calain and you observe a low bush is rustling. It's about 20 feet beyond the camp's perimeter.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan pulls out a torch and lights it, holding it aloft in his off hand.

"I cant see far, but some light light help "


Evil GM
Bradan Finn wrote:
Bradan pulls out a torch and lights it, holding it aloft in his off hand.

Light is introduced which improves the humans vision. there is a low bush 20 feet away that is wiggling and rustling. You also notice a small track up crushed soil signifying something small was dragged into the brush.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec advances towards the sound, stealth isn't even an option for the squat slab of a dwarf. Geri... Seek!

Handle Animal, trick, companion: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 4 = 22


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

where's Poke-poke?!! hoping the beady eyed barrister is still with us


Evil GM

Geri sniffs out a track into the underbrush, he howls once and his hackles rise as his nose gets swatted by possums claw. There are two of them dragging some small carcass into their burrow.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Possums, dragging a kill... It ain't Barrister Poke-Poke.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

This is the part of the movie where the heroes ignore the real monster when it shows up

ZZZZZZZZ


Evil GM

Ulfrec and Calain confirm that it's just possums dragging a dead rodent back to their den. they had the bush moving.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

embarrassed that she showed concern for the barrister Aggrah tries to cover it up...bah..just his family coming to say gnite


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Betrer safe than sorry, right. I'll keep the torch nearby in case something else pops up."

Bradan settles back down, bow and extinguished torch with easy grab.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 4/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Rather be woken up, than dead. Thanks everyone. Back to sleep.

With that Calain resumes his watch and allows the others to return to their beds. They had a brutal start to this mission and deserved a nights rest before continuing.

He hefted his Luncerine Hammer, feeling the comfort of a proper weapon in his hand. He hated these swamplands, robbing him of his ability to move in his armor and the closeness made it difficult to use the polearm, but he had his greatsword for that.


Evil GM

The rest of the evening goes by without incident. You all wake up refreshed and revitalized. You are levelled up now.

The next morning the air is thick with humidity, it feels like rain is in the forecast.

How are you heading out via foot or by boat/canoe?


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn switches out of the canoe for walking. He is a bit twitchy after last time.


Evil GM

Everyone can make a perception check when they wake up.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Beorn hears a butterfly flap it's wings!


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 4/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

What are the ground conditions like? Penalties if I put on my heavy armour?


Evil GM

Beorn you do see trail leaving this camping area. There are at least three different sets of prints that you can make out. There is water in one of the footprints and it's eroding. the leaves are heavy with moisture and you can tell that it's drizzling above the tree canopy.

Calain as long as you've all been maintaining your foorwear your feet have been relatively dry. those of you who have bog shoes or cold weather gear are fine with their foot wear everyone else is seeing significant wear on their soles. Movement remains at 50%.

I need everyone who did not have on bug repellent make a Fort save.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke walks out from his hiding spot, stretching and scratching. "What a nice quite night of sleep. he looks over at the bard You look awful. Did you not sleep?"

DM requested Perception

perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

50 higher has footwear : 1d100 ⇒ 96

didn't pick the free outfit. Unless its cold where we started from I would have picked pickpockets


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:


I need everyone who did not have on bug repellent make a Fort save.

Bug repellent?

fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

If allowed to Aggrah will study the ring again in the morning
spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,839 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.