Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1,501 to 1,550 of 1,850 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Dr. Tes stretches his long, skinny frame and wipes the sleep from his eyes.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain considers the multiple combats yesterday and attempts to make some bog shoes to attach this boots from local materials,asking the Ranger to show him his own bog shoes and assist if he can.
Knowledge:Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Knowledge: Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Craft: Armor: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Not sure the DC. Hopefully a guy who can bend and shape metal can work out fibre strands across a wood frame

Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Irrespective of the result, Calain will wear his armor today.


Evil GM

Aggrah you are able to identify the ring as a ROP +1.

Everyone with a perception check exceeding 18 you can smell smoke clinging to the brush. It's not a wildfire but smells like wood burning from a chimney or campfire in the distance.

Calain after spending a couple hours in the morning you are able to fashion something that vaguely holds you on top of the muck.

I need to double check on those with low fort save.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

poke:
It looks like you slept in a small mound as your face and neck are covered with tiny bites.

Aggrah:
You have a pussy whitehead on your neck.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

A WHAT!? lol


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

PUS whitehead

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Perception (swamp): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13

"Another fine day in a swamp. Now theres a phrase I'd never thought I'd hear myself say. Hows everyone doing so far?"

Sorry, XMAS and sick kiddos kicked my butt the past couple of days. Should be and good to go now.


Evil GM
Aggrah the White Witch wrote:
A WHAT!? lol

Oops. Let's just call it a boil.


Evil GM

Both Poke Poke and Aggrah have notice welts and bites on their skin. Poke poke has several angry looking insect bites on his greenish flesh which has his cheek and neck swollen. Subconsciously he has been scratching the areas with his dirty little fingers. Meanwhile, Aggrah has a third sclera centered on the tip of her nose. It looks as if it is holding a pint of fluid behind a thin membrane. It's nearly hypnotic when she moves her head side to side, your eyes just want to follow it. Unlike Poke Poke's inflamed flesh, Aggrah does look like she's been itching the area.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke tired of the itching grabs a handful of mud and smears it on Poke Poke's face


Evil GM
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Both Poke Poke and Aggrah have notice welts and bites on their skin. Poke poke has several angry looking insect bites on his greenish flesh which has his cheek and neck swollen. Subconsciously he has been scratching the areas with his dirty little fingers. Meanwhile, Aggrah has a third sclera centered on the tip of her nose. It looks as if it is holding a pint of fluid behind a thin membrane. It's nearly hypnotic when she moves her head side to side, your eyes just want to follow it. Unlike Poke Poke's inflamed flesh, Aggrah does not look like she's been itching the area.

I edited the sentence to include the word "not".


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan checks on the goblin and Aggrah's maladies, pulling out his healers kit as he does.

"Let me see if I can help out there, we dont want you getting some nasty infection in the swamp. "

Heal, healers kit: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Alas, I am seriously lacking in healing skills


Evil GM

Bradan regarding Poke:
It looks like Poke Poke was biting by midges often referred to as no-see-ums. You know that anaplasmosis can be transmitted and you Poke should be looking for signs of strength loss in a few days. You are not sure if he has this but it's common enough to be wary about.

Bradan regarding Aggrah:
She has one dozy of a mosquito bite on her nose. It looks like she could have contracted some disease from the bite.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Well, Counselor, if I had to guess, you have a bug borne illness coming on that will make you feel quite weak and sick soon. Let me know if you start having symptoms and I will do what I can to treat you."

"Aggrah, that's one nasty mosquito bite. Not sure if you're getting really sick, but I wouldn't be surprised. Again, let me know if you experience any other problems, and we'll see what we can do to treat you."


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah laughs when she sees that Poke-poke got poked by something in the night Ha looks like your relatives from last night left you some biting fleas as parting gifts.

Soon she notices everyone staring at her nose.....What????

She quickly rummages through her pack to find a little hand mirror
Oh damn
Not quite so eager to laugh at Poke-poke anymore.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain stands, fully outfitted and with his Lucerne Hammer in hand once again, feeling rejuvenated after the evenings respite.

Shall we get to it then?, We still need to find Mrs Turner if we intend to carry out our contract. I am happy to walk in front of the main group, behind our Scouts if anyone wants to range Infront of the group. And who is riding in the boat today?


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Should we heat a needle and pop the boil?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Don't stare. Don't stare. Don't stare. DON'T TOUCH IT! DON'T TOUCH IT! DON'T TOUCH IT!" Tes is more successful at the latter than the former.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1
Beorn the Divine wrote:
Should we heat a needle and pop the boil?

Good idea. I'm not going to walk around like this all day.

Aggrah sets up with her little hand mirror and goes to work with the sterilized needle...hopefully while everyone is getting packed and ready to go...nothing to see here folks, move along


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
Don't stare. Don't stare. Don't stare. DON'T TOUCH IT! DON'T TOUCH IT! DON'T TOUCH IT!" Tes is more successful at the latter than the former.

I was laughing when I wrote that description up and I was thinking the same thing. Don't stare, don't stare... am I staring, is it obvious that i'm not staring? Damn that thing is HUGE.


Evil GM

Are you going to follow the trail or use the boat/canoe? You could carry the boat and canoe if you wanted


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Let us try the trail.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah would prefer to be serenaded by Beorn in the canoe as Poke-poke paddles... But she's good with whatever


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain will walk. He is a good swimmer but not which all his armor on


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30


Poke Poke would prefer to be serenaded by Beorn in the canoe as Aggrah paddles... But he's good with whatever

"It seems like yous need Poke Poke's skills more than in the canoe. Poke Poke can walk with you."


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Happy to help carry our drag the damnable thing, if that helps... Can't really slow a dwarf down, much more.

Ulfrec starts to drag the canoe into not so dry land.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn marches while helping with the boat.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah marches along with the group a little disappointed that she missed her opportunity to be serenaded by the handsome bard


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"It seems like a missed opportunity for anjoke here, but I cant think if a punch line for the life of me. I hope whoever has that fire going is more hospitable than the rest of this place."

Bradan moves with the others, weapons slung and hands full of boat.


Evil GM

Calain and Poke you can each make a perception check (I assume that the two of you are in lead scouting out the area.)


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

One million bottles of ale on the wall..


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain allows the Goblin as much lead as the stealthy rat wanted.
While he would definitely come to the little beast's aid is called, it would be more to protect the group behind than the imp in front.

The Human was still waiting for the goblin to betray them.
But he had a job to do, despite his distaste for the wretched company he kept, he was a MAN of his word and would follow through on the contract and gain his notoriety in town for the right reason before taking up his smith hammer again.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Calains' thoughts were scattered however and it was all he could do to keep the Goblin in sight.


Evil GM

DMPC Poke's perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Evil GM

Poke Poke stops and points to an area near where Calain's was walking. This gets Calain's attention and his eyes notice the pluff mud - quicksand. Calain is able to avoid it and mark the unstable ground so the others don't stumble into the hazard.

After traveling another two hours on a narrow track that doublebacked at times the group comes to the source of the smoke.

Everyone can make perception check and survival check


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Perception(Swamp): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
Survival(Swamp): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 = 8 (+1 if following tracks)

"Well, good looking out, PokePoke. Now, lets see what further horrors await us here."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

perc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
survival, untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:


Everyone can make perception check and survival check

Ill use my roll for this one since I didnt see Baldwin had rolled it already

survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:


Everyone can make perception check and survival check

Ill use my roll for this one since I didnt see Baldwin had rolled it already

[Dice=survival]1d20 +1

My DMPC perception check was for another issue: the quicksand you spotted. After I made that roll I called on the everyone to make a perception and survival roll but that was for other reasons.


Evil GM

Thank goodness that you have Dr Tes with you as he is able to keep you somewhat on track as you hack and slog your way through the mushy swamp.

Massive cypress trees, sluggish streams, and stagnant ponds emitting foul odors surround an oddly shaped structure crudely built from bundled branches, thatch, and mud. Puffs of smoke belch from two stone chimneys that protrude from what appears to be a bulb-shaped part of the building adjacent to a bizarre abutment that looks like a thick key. A swollen, wooden door is on the west face of the building. A palpable feeling of dread lingers in the motionless stale air.

I have to figure out how to copy and save the map, so it can be moved to maptools.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn looks nervous. This reminds me of an old tale of two children that got lost in the woods and met a witch that lived in a cookie house.


Evil GM

Map #1 Players current view of the house


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1
Beorn the Divine wrote:
Beorn looks nervous. This reminds me of an old tale of two children that got lost in the woods and met a witch that lived in a cookie house.

HEY! Why's it always gotta be a Witch?


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"Poke Poke can sneak up and take a look. You are all too loud." as he says that Poke Poke looks at at the bard.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn gets very quiet from all the harsh stares.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Dr. Tes accompanies his attorney.

1,501 to 1,550 of 1,850 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.