Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


351 to 400 of 1,866 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
"Also law books for my esteemed attorney here!"

Yes, we are a repository for legal scholarship. Along with cartography these are the Mayor's favorite subjects."

Quote:
"Preferably on possession of lost treasures and finders keepers. Otherwise any law books will help Poke Poke."

"Huh?" The elf librarian is bewildered. "Finders keepers?" He shakes his head back and forth. "Seriously?! He stammers in a half confused state. "Well we have plenty of books on contracts. Others on sea salvage and still more books on property rights. They don't have pictures." He says sarcastically. Rather than offering to lead you to the section in the library he merely points towards it. "Over there on the second floor." He exhales.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Thank you so much. Mr. Poke and I will take it from here." He leads Poke Poke the way. "Dar ac aruul'daan tuur! Dhon dar huun!"

Goblin:
"What an a&+&+&! snob! F~@* that guy!"


Bradan Finn wrote:

"I think I'll take 10 of the silver, and 2o of the cold iron. As for your bows, I like the work, but this one is quite special to me. Carved it and helped to fabricate its staves myself, ya know."

Bradan shows the shopkeeper his own weapon, a bow of equivalent craftsmanship and exquisite decoration itself.

"Perhaps I can commission one of the spellcasters in town to enchant it, once I earn enough coin."

"Impressive work. I'm sure someone with Ol'Talbard's crew of spellcasters can help to enchant that bow if you have enough coin."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:

"Thank you so much. Mr. Poke and I will take it from here." He leads Poke Poke the way. "Dar ac aruul'daan tuur! Dhon dar huun!"

** spoiler omitted **

"Dur'ad ka errgk maeh. Jur besd ahhf kooo'na. Jer hsan' luuih. Yurt hute sook neju'll."

goblin:
[b]"Look at me. I'm Mr. high and mighty pointy ears. I have a stick up my arse.Maybe we can find some new hallucinogens recipes too."


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Dr. Tes chortles. "O! A duur ac a rhuush tuugaan ac magaan khraagaar tagaal lh daan duul kelaan a kaach och!"

Goblin:
"Oooo! I work in a book store and have never sharted jn the woods like a real elf!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

Poke and Dr. Tes you find the legal section which encompasses over half of the second floor of the library. You can find several basic or fundamental books on contracts, salvage, and property rights. You do notice there are a couple spare or 2nd edition of titles.

Although you do not find any books specifically entitled "finder's keepers" you do find a three promising treatises:

"Rights Superior: The Definitive Legal Guide on Abandoned and Salvaged Property." By Luci Fer Noguilt

There's another interesting booked titled: "Squatter's Rights." By Dum'Ster

Then there's also a thin book called: "A Dummies Guide to Property Law. I Own It, You Don't Dammit!" By Luci Fer Noguilt


Evil GM

Beorn and Aggrah roll a d100 each to see if you can find anything on the topics: headless people/horseman and Creeper Curse.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1
Calain wrote:

I could but haven't my own forge here yet. The payment from this job should set the funds for that. If it were me, I'd suggest putting the Symbol on your gauntlets and Shield. That way your Sword arm is free for fighting. Speak to me when we get paid after the job is complete. I'll be setting a forge up then and would be happy to make some Breastplate Armor carrying her idols for you. If you need a better symbol today, I'd suggest on of the temples should have a brass or iron one.

He goes back to sharpening the daggers.
I haven't any great need to go out myself but I'm happy to head out if you want to head to the markets. Would be good to walk around and remember. I have missed the place.

Let's go to the market, See if there may be someone who can put Iemodae's symbol on my armour and shield, maybe I'll even get new armour. While we're out let's see what some of the merchants may know.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Poke and Dr. Tes you find the legal section which encompasses over half of the second floor of the library. You can find several basic or fundamental books on contracts, salvage, and property rights. You do notice there are a couple spare or 2nd edition of titles.

Although you do not find any books specifically entitled "finder's keepers" you do find a three promising titles:

Poke Poke looks at the books taking care to not actually read any of the words and thumbs through looking for pictures. Assuming no picture inside He grabs the one with the prettiest cover (illustration) and starts to chew on it

I'm assuming this has the cover illistration
Quote:


Then there's also a thin book called: "A Dummies Guide to Property Law. I Own It, You Don't Dammit!" By Luci Fer


None of the books have drawings but there is a color picture of the author Luci Fer Noguilt on two of her treatises.

Those of you who played in my COT game should remember her.


Bron Rilon wrote:


Let's go to the market, See if there may be someone who can put Iemodae's symbol on my armour and shield, maybe I'll even get new armour. While we're out let's see what some of the merchants may know.

Bron and Calain find yourselves at Varl's Edges.

Calain this place as grown since you've been in town. There are half-dozen smithies proudly working. It's a symphony of hammers on steel. Walking among the apprentices is a master dwarf who carefully supervises. The dwarves do not stop working when you enter. However, after a few moments a halfling appears, "Hello can I help you."


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Would anyone be able to craft a symbol of the inheritor out of iron? If so how much for the service?

Won't be able to make any post after 10 mins from now.also if I use appriase to search for info do i need to make a roll?


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

1d100 ⇒ 82

lol Luci Fer


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

I'll have to work on my people skills... Haha, damned if I will.

Finding himself alone - with Geri, Ulfrec decides to go check on the widow.


Evil GM

Aggrah after an hour you find a dusty leather scroll case that contains withered yellowed parchment. There you read an untitled accounting:

Day 4: Minstrel Wooman passed yest'rday from his wounds. I've been giv'n the duties of writtin' the log. The Capt lead us into the Horsefly Swamp, the sketers were the size of rats. Did half a day b'fore makin' camp.

Day 5: It was a terribly night. Lost Guun'r last night from the black plague. Chortle's has the sign of puss this mornin' and Doc doesn't think he's gonna make it. Only covered 2 miles, seems like we did a circle. This swamps cursed.

Day 7: Chortle died yest'rday but arose again this morning as a zombie. Capt took his head off and burned the body. Pete's got festering wound that's black. doc thinks this place is cursed.

Day 8: We walked and walked and walked but we never set foot on dry land. Doc got it today, a big croc, swallowed him whole. Capt lost is foot to some type of black slim.

Day 9: I cut the Capt's leg off today his skin was springing roots like a plant, it was creeping. We made camp in tree with Buck and the Capt. We tied the tent to a tree 'bout 10 feet off the ground.

Day 10: Woke up and Capt was crawlin' with bugs and black widows this morning. dumped his body out the tent. buck and I was too tired to leave the tent today.

Day 11: The tent is encased in a black creeping tentacle...this place is cursed.


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:

I'll have to work on my people skills... Haha, damned if I will.

Finding himself alone - with Geri, Ulfrec decides to go check on the widow.

When you get to Mrs. turner's room you see her two other guards sitting there playing dice. One looks up and nods, "She doesn't want to be disturb'd till mornin'. She had a tray of food and wine brought up with her, said she'd be fine till mornin'" He shrugs.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Think she's feeling alright? She just lost her husband, after all.

You guys been with her long? Need a drink?


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Taakel! Khruul dhuur daan droc! Ac akaarerlakhec kaarogaan a TAaGEN droc shuul'daalec!"

goblin:
"Splendid! Now for the drugs! An investigation requires a SERIOUS drug collection!"


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

sleight of hand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

The Doctor surreptitiously sneaks the other book by the same author down his breeches.


Evil GM

DM:
perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Dr. Tes you are able to get the book out of the library undetected


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:

Think she's feeling alright? She just lost her husband, after all.

You guys been with her long? Need a drink?

You can throw the dice with us, if you want. 3 coopers per roll stakes.

The other one shrugs, "Recently hired after the husband died. She seems already, I suppose...I mean all things considered."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12
Luci Fer Noguilt, NPC wrote:

None of the books have drawings but there is a color picture of the author Luci Fer Noguilt on two of her treatises.

Those of you who played in my COT game should remember her.

Yep. Hello!

What do I find: 1d100 ⇒ 50


Evil GM

Beorn you search the section for two hours and you can't find anything useful.

Make another roll.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Let's roll the bones!

Perception, sounds from inside the room: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


1 person marked this as a favorite.
2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

This place is in dire need of an index!

Search: 1d100 ⇒ 12


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"Ru bic thaqw *making air quotes*"alcuthemeee" sijct

Gobo:
"Shall we go find the *making air quotes* alchemy section?"
Poke Poke say as he puts back the half chewn book soaked with siliva and a noticeable chunk taken out.


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:

Let's roll the bones!

[Dice=Perception, sounds from inside the room]1d20+7

You only hear some soft chants.


Evil GM
Beorn the Divine wrote:

This place is in dire need of an index!

You find a small amount of information about an undead cavalier known as Harn, the Headless Hero-Killer, a relentless unliving soul that stalks the lands around Foggy Lake and Horsefly Swamp. He was a decapitated rider and who haunts the trails, paths, and roads that pass through the wilderness, where he lost its head, and where it now searches for victims.

At times he carries a jack-o'-lantern in place of his lost head though you've learned this is not always the case.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Look here my fellows, information on this head challenged rapscallion.


Evil GM

Poke poke and Dr. Tes there are too many librarians and people in the alchemy section to be able to eat or steal a book. Plus there's a noticeable and funny looking square in the Dr's britches.


Bron Rilon wrote:

Would anyone be able to craft a symbol of the inheritor out of iron? If so how much for the service?

Won't be able to make any post after 10 mins from now.also if I use appriase to search for info do i need to make a roll?

'Sure we can do that for you, I'll give you a good deal. Iron you say? four gold pieces."


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"Let's just go. Need sometin to kill acid."


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Yes, Mr. Poke. A bit small-minded, these yokels. Now for LARGE STICKS!"


Evil GM

It is getting later in the day and the sound of the town bell alerts you that it's 6 pm. The librarians and shop keepers start to close up for the evening, moving their customers towards the doorways.

poke poke and Dt Tes you are able to get spears and alchemic acid at Quint's Arms They will give a 10% discount on items.

If there is something else you are looking for let me know.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

It's a deal.

Bron passes the gold to the halfling

Pleasure doin' business.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

You fellas local? I'm usually deep in the woods or mountains, come into town from time to time. Not into crowds.

Geri here, he's not as skittish as most.

Rolling the Bones:

throw 1, literally: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
throw 2: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
throw 3: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
throw 4: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8
throw 5: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9
throw 6: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
throw 7: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
throw 8: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
throw 9: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
throw 10: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5


Evil GM

Has everyone made their purchases? If not, items commonly found in CRB are available for a 10% discount. It's a large trading town, so they get quite a bit of specialty equipment if there is something you are looking to purchase.

The sun's light is filtered through the fluffy white clouds as it begins to set. There's a array of pinks, reds, and golden yellow hues across the horizon. Most of the shop keepers are sweeping up, accessing their inventories and preparing for the next day as they close up their businesses.

Back at the inn the tavern is packed with customers enjoying tankards and good food.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain was quite a bit taken back at the size increase of the Principal Smithy in the town. They always had a couple of apprentices but nothing like this. The demand for weapons and still must be high indeed to have so many Smith's working from one shop.

This was actually his first time to be INSIDE the arms.
His father had been a couple of times to ask for work but for some reason had never been able to again a forge there. His Dad didn't talk about it and Calain had assumed it had been his father's inexperience with weapon forging to be the primary reason. Calain's father had a strong arm but hard never learned to wield a blade, let alone forge one. Farm Tools were his father's area of expertise.

Impressive forge you have here sir, would you perchance have an armoured Kilt? It would add some protection to my legs until I can afford Full plate.

Armoured Kilt:
Light Armor
Cost 20 gp; Weight 10 lbs.
Armor Bonus +1; Max Dex Bonus +6; Armor Check Penalty 0
Arcane Spell Failure Chance 0%; Speed 30 ft./20 ft.

When you add an armored kilt to a suit of light armor, the set counts as medium armor. Likewise, a kilt and medium armor counts as heavy armor. Adding an armored kilt to heavy armor has no effect.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

might want to pick something up on the way back. Ill check it out when I get home tonight


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan is all set. Probably wont even need half the stuff, but at least he wont go hungry.


Calain wrote:


Impressive forge you have here sir, would you perchance have an armoured Kilt? It would add some protection to my legs until I can afford Full plate.

"Come over here." He guides you into a side room that has an assortment of gear in it. "We can't seem to make it quick enough." the halfling starts to sort through a few miscellaneous items. "We could use six more quality and knowledgeable smiths to get through the backlog. Varl and I just completed this expansion and we already are discussing doubling our space again." He finds a kilt. "Here you go, this should fit you nicely." He eyeballs you. "You look like you've swung a hammer before. If you ever want to set down roots and swing hammer let me know...I'm Nib and I'm always looking for dedicated talent."


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain tried to hide his surprise at the offer.
This wasn't what he'd planned, but looking around the smithy his heart yearned for...something. He'd been taught all he could by his father and the rest he'd taught himself. I had been a difficult process.
To have access to regular work and a master to learn from,...other craftsman to work and converse with. Friends? Had what he wanted dropped so easily into his lap?

I've swung a hammer before He presents his masterwork Great-sword and Lucerine Hammer, My own work. I am interested if your offer is genuine, but I am only just returning home and find myself in the Mayor's employ already. Perhaps when my business with him is concluded, we can talk if you're still looking. Thankyou.

He paid for the Kilt and returned to Bron, I just realised since we have some coin. If we are to find a fight working for the Mayor, we will likely need healing. We should head to a temple and pick up a couple of potions from the clerics there.

Not sure if GM wants to move on from shopping. In any case calain would buy 3x potions of Cure Light Wounds


Evil GM

yeah, we can move on back to the inn. You'll be able to get the CLW potions. A veteran purchase.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

We should go buy some potions but once that's done we'll head back to the inn.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

if the opportunity presents itself Poke Poke will pick up a couple of clw pots. If not no worries. Im good either way. RP wise if he hears someone mention it he'll try to locate some.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn makes some notes on the legends of the horseman and brings them back to the inn.


Evil GM

Anyone who wanted to get CLW potions can get them. I'm just assuming you all eventually picked them up during the day.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

never heard of clw potions going to waste. 3 for Aggrah as well.... Back to the inn:)


Evil GM

All of the future adventurers arrive back at the inn just in time for supper and tankards. The crowd there is large and they are partaking in the daily gossip. The gossip mill is churning today.

Parts of conversations:

"Land is cursed, it's an ancient thing."

-----

"It's the seahags, I tell ya. Me counsin's uncle-in law had a friend cursed once by 'em."

"Ain't no seahags...its the dragon."

several folks nod.

-----

Others talk about inferior metallurgy.

"heard the Mayor skimp'd on the blade."

Others nod or disregard this a phewey.

"it's the damn dungeon..." That's followed by long reflective silence.

There are at least 20 different rumors or stories being told.


Evil GM

Updated First Floor Map of Fort Karnog Inn

*I revealed some of the other rooms on the first floor of the inn.

**the inn is crowded right now with travelers and townfolk but I didn't want to clutter the map with a bunch of tokens. You can assume every table is occupied right now.

As you all gather back and have supper and tankards/goblets what are you doing or planning? Are you relaying what you've learned or going over inventory.

Remember you are leading Mr. Turner home and she has two other personal guards that will be with her.

351 to 400 of 1,866 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.