Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


301 to 350 of 1,730 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain considered those at the table the Mayor had seated them with. The Imoedaen acolyte he'd seen outside and the bard who insisted on every word being a proclamation along with the Half Orc woman and the Ranger they'd already met on the road.

This would be a large division of any fees they'd gain from the work, but at least he'd be in the Mayor's favor should the investigation bear fruit.

He took the time to read the words in the contract, thankfully there didn't appear to be any loopholes other than the usual mentions of losing your share of you died.

I'll sign Mayor. Fentonville is my home. Any official business is in my interest


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Civiliz' folk do a lot of talking, it's good.... chit-chat. Keeps everyone distracted. He makes talking head gestures with his hands.

Ulfrec turns back to the food.

Damn, that's good cheese. I'll have just another bite. Mmm... well, maybe just one more.

Not knowing where the next meal comes from teaches you to eat when you can. Drink is good too, but he was never one to indulge, especially on the job.

The food is excellent, thank you. He tosses a piece of meat to Geri, from time to tone.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

I guess this is what the Old Crone would call an Adventure. She always said you never knew what life had in store for you once you left the comfort of your home of course the OC had always meant that as a cautionary tale, not intending to stoke Aggrahs curiosity.

The young witch eagerly agrees I'm in settling down in Orctown can wait till after I've had an adventure. Treasure maps and curses... Oh my


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

"Outstanding, Mrs. Turner will have nice force to guide and protect her. Per the contract I will issue payment of 500 gold per party member. Of course, should someone die we need next of kin or your direction on where the payment should be sent." He seems satisfied as he collects signatures to the contract. "Please stay here at the inn for the evening, enjoy a delicious meal and beverages, this will be on house. Plus, Mrs. Turner is staying here so that will give you a chance to keep an eye on her." He stands up and passes the contract to the last members who haven't signed. "Oh and do not forget the next of kin part, you can never be too safe."

He nods at Poke Poke and says in goblin,

goblin:
"I paid double the going rate."


Mrs. turner looks at her new entourage and nods approvingly. "I wouldn't expect much trouble but we do need to make one small detour on the way that could offer a degree of risk." She states as a matter-of-fact. "I'll make sure you each personally receive an additional 20 platinum for your trouble." She pulls out a small coin purse and calls forth 160 platinum. The coin appear in her hand, "Payable in advance." She sets out 8 stacks of 20 coins.

"We leave at 6:00 am." Then she turns away disinterestedly and heads off to her room.


"I have four rooms available for the eight of you and your wolf to bunk in.' The innkeeper announces.

"Supper is serves between 17 and 19 bells. Breakfast will be ready before you leave."


Evil GM

You are free roleplay, to explore the inn and town, and shop if you want before dinner. Let me know how you plan to bunk. I figure Poke Poke and Dr. Tes will be together. Poke Poke there is library (bards and wizards study there) and you'd be able to find a law book if you want one.

I'll get a map up of your rooms once I know bunking situation.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

My thanks, Madam Turner. Beorn pockets the coins. Let us enjoy our meals to fortify ourselves.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke will go up to Calian and show him his daggers.

"Hey Grumpy, you were interested in the head chopper blade. Look what the body did to Poke Poke's daggers. What do you make of it? These keep from your shop."


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

The Doctor signs his contract with rather much flair.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain tries his best to look cheerful and fit in with the group.

What a turn. It would seem he had returned home only to have life through him an offal covered rose.

He had before him a perfect opportunity to gain favor with the Mayor and coin to get his business started, but he'd have to continue to work with Half Orcs to do it.

Very well. This lot, the Woman, and the Bard seemed quite civilized by Orc standards. As long as he kept Poke Poke away from his coin purse it could work out nicely.

He sat nearer to the Imoedaen and attempted to make an acquaintance. He already knew the other human warrior.
You have the symbol of the Inheritor on your Sword. Are you a follower of hers or was it on there when you paid for it?


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

The Doctor joins Tak Tak and Grumpy. "Strange, isn't it! We should examine ...have experts examine the body. Something MOST unusual is afoot!"


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Poke Poke wrote:

Poke Poke will go up to Calian and show him his daggers.

"Hey Grumpy, you were interested in the head chopper blade. Look what the body did to Poke Poke's daggers. What do you make of it? These keep from your shop."

Calain accepted the blade and examined the damage.

Same as the Gulloutine outside. Looks like they have been exposed to something very caustic. Acid's used in smelting that can do that give of aweful stenches normally. Steel is normally fine if dipped in most acids. The pirates flesh dulled it almost immediately.
A good amount of time on a whetstone will see the blades sharp again. But I suggest you carry a club in case you come across a similar creature. You'd ruin the blades if you left them in the body too long.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"F~!~! Poke Poke, we must acquire long sticks! The bigger the better! Really girthful bad boys! Thank you, Grumpy, for your human expertise! We'll see this again before the story is complete!"


Evil GM

Calain:
I assume you made these weapons for the goblin back in Orctown. The goblin's blades do look like they've been dipped in a strong acid. The tips of both blades are worn dull, along with a portion of each bevel and edge. Given your familiarity with the blades' grinds you figure it's going to take a good hour and half on each blade to set a new bevel and edge. If it were your blade you'd spend considerably longer, but it's the goblin's and he's probably use to using broken weapons.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"Yes and more sharpy things. Maybe we should eat some word book. See if we can find something out about it. Beside Poke Poke needs to review weapon warranties and defective suits."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah will be most comfortable bunking with Bradan. Who knows what type of mischief poke-poke could get into while she sleeps (shudders)

Aggrah accepts the coins and then winks at Poke-poke. I'm going to cast a protective spell on the library that will give you violent diarrhea if you eat any of the books

Aggrah goes to peruse the library. Not looking for anything in particular. Just interested to see what's available to read before falling asleep tonight


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Ogaal'daac arthelaan an al'dan, Gh. Huulaan. Daan khraal shor, ghuugaan megaan, tuulkaakhec kuukaar dac a meklaan dhuur a drakaar kelaan ghuraach, ac dakhaagaar droc daan shac dhec!"

Goblin:
"Excellent advice as always, Mr. Poke. We need clubs, more knives, something longer than a knife for a dabbler like myself, and whatever drugs we can find."


Evil GM
Aggrah the White Witch wrote:


Aggrah accepts the coins and then winks at Poke-poke. I'm going to cast a protective spell on the library that will give you violent diarrhea if you eat any of the books

I have visions of you saying this and Poke Poke bolting to the library before you can get there.


Evil GM

Fentonville Map

Here's a town overview. Most of the main shops are labelled. Talbard's Books and Learning is the library previously mentioned.

*You are at Fort Karnog Inn

Aggrah, Dr. Tes and Poke are going to Talbard's Books and Learning.

What are Beorn (can I assume you'd want to go to the library), Calain, Bron, Ulfrec, and Bradan plans?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Poke Poke wrote:
"Yes and more sharpy things. Maybe we should eat some word book. See if we can find something out about it. Beside Poke Poke needs to review weapon warranties and defective suits."

Calain sighs and pulls his two daggers and offers them in exchange for Poke, Poke's

You shouldn't need these but I've nothing better to do for the next few hours. Take him and when you return the edges to your own blades will be fine once again. We're quite sweet with coin right now thanks to Mrs Turner, so I'll not charge you to fix the blades. Just don't get yourself looked up while you look around my home town. We'll need a body to test for traps if this job gets to snooping.

If the goblin accepts the two fine daggers, Calain will take out a stone he keeps in his pack and settle in for some work. He needed some quiet time anyway and he wouldn't get that with the goblin and drug addicted elf around.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

The dwarf seems to be more interested in the food, but he listens and watches intently. His eyes betraying his interest.

The goblins tale off how the daggers become the way they are...

Wait, wait. Can I see those... stabbing the body,eh?

The banter, he ignores.

Kn Nature, +2 metal related: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

I would be interested in checking out the library as well. A good book does wonders.


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:

The dwarf seems to be more interested in the food, but he listens and watches intently. His eyes betraying his interest.

The goblins tale off how the daggers become the way they are...

Wait, wait. Can I see those... stabbing the body,eh?

The banter, he ignores.

[Dice=Kn Nature, +2 metal related]1d20+6

examination of poke's daggers:
The goblin's blades do look like they've been dipped in a strong acid. The tips of both blades are worn dull, along with a portion of each bevel and edge. The blades need some serious time to rework the bevels and edges. You know of an acid created for the ACactis Tree that if used in high does can cause rust. You have heard of cult of people on Lake Encarthan that imbues their body with flesh and milk from an ACactis plant.

Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1
Calain wrote:

He sat nearer to the Imoedaen and attempted to make an acquaintance. He already knew the other human warrior.

You have the symbol of the Inheritor on your Sword. Are you a follower of hers or was it on there when you paid for it?

After going up to sign the contract and collect the money Bron turns to Calain and replies

I am a follower of Iomedae, though I haven't done much which is why I'm here in Fentonville. Just a bit curious Calain considering you noticed the symbol on my sword, what's your profession?

After asking Calain he stepped over to the bar and asked for an ale.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Bron Rilon wrote:
Calain wrote:

He sat nearer to the Imoedaen and attempted to make an acquaintance. He already knew the other human warrior.

You have the symbol of the Inheritor on your Sword. Are you a follower of hers or was it on there when you paid for it?

After going up to sign the contract and collect the money Bron turns to Calain and replies

I am a follower of Iomedae, though I haven't done much which is why I'm here in Fentonville. Just a bit curious Calain considering you noticed the symbol on my sword, what's your profession?

After asking Calain he stepped over to the bar and asked for an ale.

Well, I'm not the most devout man if that's what your asking. I'm a fighter and a Smith by trade. I do revere Imoedae as the greatest example of what a truly good person can achieve and for her conviction to create a just world. I also pay homage to Torag, that I might one day dare to call myself truly worthy of the title Weaponsmith. I recognised the holy symbol not because of my beliefs though, but because putting your religious affiliation on your weapon is common among warriors and it would be a foolish Smith who could not at least etch the primary symbol of one of the most well known gods.

Calain paused because that had been a long speech for the generally short spoken man. He waited patiently for a response while the worked on one of the daggers while the dwarf examined the other.


The stout bartender nods and pulls a draft. "Here try this one, it's a honey spiced ale, it's the town's specialty. On account of the apiary we keep north of the town." He slides the draft towards Bron. "B'fore all the trouble wit demons, undead and bandits we use to be famous fer our ale." His hands keep moving as he fills a snack bowl with salty fried chips and pushes it forward. Then he immediately begins to wipe the bar top with a clean rag.

"If your gonna go on an adventure you may want to git yer gear at Ariel's Exlirs or Quint's Arms they have most the common stuff you'll need. If you have lots of coin weighin' yer purse down then Varl's Edge is the best smithy in town."


The dwarf Bar Keeper farts when Calain speaks about Imoedae being the greatest example of what a good person can achieve and a just world. 'Bah, everyone knows the Father of Creation, Torag, is the best." He breaks wind again.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan sits among the folks talking, his head spinning with visions, curses, ale and whiskey.

When the amount of payment becomes known, he barely manages to keep from.dropping his jaw. He doesnt do so well as the widow Turner counts out platinum for everyone.

"Well, ma'am, you've got my service for as long as you need it. Whatever side errand you speak of, and the down of that map, I'm your man."

He turns Ulfrec, then the wolf.

"You work with any of the Circles around here? My parents sometimes helped with one or another, gathering materials or assisting with chasing out pests. Like goblins."

"I have a feeling we'll be out in the forest soon, it's be nice to know the local Protectors might be on our side, right?"


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Before the goblin leaves...

There is a plant indigenous to these parts, a tree... It produces a substance. A sap or fluid, that could... do this.. He waves the group closer.

But, that ain't the worst of it. There is a cult that lurks by Lake Encarthan, bad juju... They imbue or embalm their bodies with the stuff. It's ugly business.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Calain wrote:
Poke Poke wrote:

Calain sighs and pulls his two daggers and offers them in exchange for Poke, Poke's

If the goblin accepts the two fine daggers, Calain will take out a stone he keeps in his pack and settle in for some work. He needed some quiet time anyway and he wouldn't get that with the goblin and drug addicted elf around.

"Thanks Grumpy." Poke Poke swaps blades with the longshanks


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

First Bron replies to the bartender

Thanks for the advice friend.

He slides over a gold to the barkeep, turns to Calain and asks,

Would you be able to forge the inheritors symbol for me? I've been wanting to get something sturdier than this cross and now that I've got the coin now to afford something like that.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:

"Ogaal'daac arthelaan an al'dan, Gh. Huulaan. Daan khraal shor, ghuugaan megaan, tuulkaakhec kuukaar dac a meklaan dhuur a drakaar kelaan ghuraach, ac dakhaagaar droc daan shac dhec!"

** spoiler omitted **

"Ocannnt'ns agpwe feigb"

[Spoiler=Goblin]"And some way to carry all of it"[spoiler]

Poke Poke looks at the paper (with distain) with all its words taking care not to read them. He sighs, shrugs, and then takes a bite. He takes a moment chewing, looking as if he is deep in thought. "Eh, seems fair, Poke Poke guesses." and with that he puts his mark on the paper.

Aggrah wrote:


Aggrah accepts the coins and then winks at Poke-poke. I'm going to cast a protective spell on the library that will give you violent diarrhea if you eat any of the books

"Why pig lady not want knowing words? Reading steals words, eating gives words.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Bron Rilon wrote:

First Bron replies to the bartender

Thanks for the advice friend.

He slides over a gold to the barkeep, turns to Calain and asks,

Would you be able to forge the inheritors symbol for me? I've been wanting to get something sturdier than this cross and now that I've got the coin now to afford something like that.

Calain looks pensive and nods.

I could but haven't my own forge here yet. The payment from this job should set the funds for that. If it were me, I'd suggest putting the Symbol on your gauntlets and Shield. That way your Sword arm is free for fighting. Speak to me when we get paid after the job is complete. I'll be setting a forge up then and would be happy to make some Breastplate Armor carrying her idols for you. If you need a better symbol today, I'd suggest on of the temples should have a brass or iron one.

He goes back to sharpening the daggers.
I haven't any great need to go out myself but I'm happy to head out if you want to head to the markets. Would be good to walk around and remember. I have missed the place.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn is aghast! Eat books?! Never! Books carry stories,songs and recipes. Plus they would give you the runs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Read a book and it fills your brain. And yet others can read it after you and have their brains filled as well. If you eat it, it tastes like crap and it ruins it for everyone else. They really need to set up a school in Orctown Aggrah says shaking her head wondering who could possibly have the patience for that as she has a nightmare vision of 20 Poke-pokes in one classroom


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"No, reading steals your words."


Poke Poke, Dr. Tes, Beorn, and Aggrah work their way over to Talbard's Books and Learning. You enter an impressive looking building which would fit well in a large city, but appears out of place in this large town. A stern looking face welcomes you, "Good afternoon. Can I help you find something?" His eyes skeptically settle on the half-orc and goblin.


Evil GM

Bron and Calain settle down at the bar discussing religion and drinking tankards of honey spiced ale for the time being. Are you going to go shopping or are you saving your coin?

Bradan and Ulfrec settle into the booths eating cheese and finishing off the dwarven whiskey. They discuss and contemplate the headless nightmare and Bradan you realize that Ulfrec was the previously unidentified head being dragged. That was some nightmare.Are you two going to stay at the inn chatting or are you going to go anywhere before dinner?


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Bradan and Ulfrec settle into the booths eating cheese and finishing off the dwarven whiskey. They discuss and contemplate the headless nightmare and Bradan you realize that Ulfrec was the previously unidentified head being dragged. That was some nightmare.Are you two going to stay at the inn chatting or are you going to go anywhere before dinner?

Ulfrec, having heard the discussion regarding forging... remembers he wanted to pick up a small anvil and some good smithing tools.

What's the plan, my new friend...

I don't like that my severed head was in your vision, bad juju... But, it does mean our paths were meant to cross and we should work together against a common adversary, for now.

Where can I pick up some smithing tools, something portable... for a jeweler, say?

@Baldwin - would Craft Jewelry allow the making of bracers and holy symbol? Also, does Ulfrec actually have to craft the item before it's magicked... or can he buy it, then just use Spellcraft? I picked up Craft (Jewelry) for RP/thematic purposes (dwarf, crafting, metal).


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Well, Varn probably has some tools for sale. Or at the general store they've got a little bit of everything. I'll probably stop by there and grab a couple more quivers, maybe some rope or a tent. Heck, I could buy a horse or something to haul my stuff around. That seems crazy to me, we always had enough to eat and whatnot, but never in my life did we have this kind of coin on hand."

After they discuss and get acquainted, Bradan heads over to pick up some more adventuring gear, and another 20 or so arrows.

At the shop: "Say, do you have any other kinds of arrows? I hear silver or cold iron are good for certain kinds of critters, wonder if you have any of those in stock."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Greetings my fine librarian! We seek out books of various legends, such as horsemen who have nothing better to do than whack off people's heads while riding.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Greetings. I'm looking for a book on curses. Never heard of the Creeper curse. I'm hoping one of your books will have some relevant information Aggrah ignores the cold attitude


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Also law books for my esteemed attorney here!"


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:

[

@Baldwin - would Craft Jewelry allow the making of bracers and holy symbol? Also, does Ulfrec actually have to craft the item before it's magicked... or can he buy it, then just use Spellcraft? I picked up Craft (Jewelry) for RP/thematic purposes (dwarf, crafting, metal).

craft jewelry is fine for bracers and holy symbol. As far as making something magical look at the magic item creation rules (I haven't looked at these in while) and I wasn't planning on using the downtime rules.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
"Also law books for my esteemed attorney here!"

"Preferably on possession of lost treasures and finders keepers. Otherwise any law books will help Poke Poke."


Bradan Finn wrote:


After they discuss and get acquainted, Bradan heads over to pick up some more adventuring gear, and another 20 or so arrows.

At the shop: "Say, do you have any other kinds of arrows? I hear silver or cold iron are good for certain kinds of critters, wonder if you have any of those in stock."

"Welcome to Quint's Arms." She looks you over and nods. "We have plenty of silver and cold iron tipped arrows. We have some magicked arrows and quivers." She smiles widely, "I just received two really nice longbows and a composite long bow." She guides you to a couple beautiful bows and quivers filled with arrows. "with our recent troubles we have plenty of this type of gear."

She pulls out a half dozen silver and cold iron arrows. "how many do you need.? She continues. "The Mayor said you all may be by and to extend a 10% discount."

Take 10% off the retail cost.

She has as many silver tipped and cold iron arrows for any type bow, as you many need. She has a msw short and longbow. She also has those in +1 and +2. She has composite bows up to an 18 strength on hand. She has an efficient quiver. She does have an assortment of magic arrows (sleep, acid, tangleshot, durable to name a few.) If there is something else you have in mind, inquire. She also has similar gear for small creatures as they get plenty of smaller creatures in this trading town.


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:


"Preferably on possession of lost treasures and finders keepers. Otherwise any law books will help Poke Poke."

LMFAO! Law on finders keepers.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"I think I'll take 10 of the silver, and 2o of the cold iron. As for your bows, I like the work, but this one is quite special to me. Carved it and helped to fabricate its staves myself, ya know."

Bradan shows the shopkeeper his own weapon, a bow of equivalent craftsmanship and exquisite decoration itself.

"Perhaps I can commission one of the spellcasters in town to enchant it, once I earn enough coin."

Bradan also picks up more provisions and adventuring gear, namely more rope, climbing gear, a waterproof bullseye lantern, some sunroofs, oil, and alchemist fire. Once he packs everything into his backpack, he looks like a Mendevian crusader, carrying all the world on his back en route to war.


Quote:
Greetings my fine librarian! We seek out books of various legends, such as horsemen who have nothing better to do than whack off people's heads while riding.

The librarian puts a finger to the lips and puckers them as he considers the thought. "Well we do have a small section dedicated to weird rumors or tall-tale's. There are quite a few strange stories that have been gathered especially since we are so close to the dreaded Rappan Athuk Dungeon. I can guide you to the scrolls.

Quote:
"Greetings. I'm looking for a book on curses. Never heard of the Creeper curse. I'm hoping one of your books will have some relevant information.
He nods at the half-orc. "Likewise, we get plenty of stories, rumors and actual facts on numerous curses. I think...I may have something regarding druid curses. That one sounds familiar to me." He gladly walks you to the basement level that has these materials.

301 to 350 of 1,730 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.