Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


151 to 200 of 1,752 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn settles in on a chair, wondering if this will be all that passes for entertainment.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah settles in to watch near Bradan if she can spot him

not what I would call wholesome or quality entertainment but I suppose justice is better meted out in the light of day rather than in secret


Evil GM

"Righteous Brew Here, Righteous Brew! Get yourself a Righteous Brew!" A happy looking halfling calls out at the top of his lungs. He is standing by an ale cart. "Finest honey spiced ale in town. Quench your thirst."


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"We'll take three ales, please. "

Bradan calls out to the halfling and offers one to PokePoke and Arragh.

"Might as well settle down and watch, I doubt anyone is gonna do business til well past this spectacle."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

WHY YES! I WILL TAKE A FINE BREW TO WASH AWAY THE DUST OF THE ROAD!


Evil GM

"Come on friends, come on. Enjoy this brew." The halfling starts to pass around pints of ale. He sees the half-orc (Beorn) "did you all come in on the caravan?"

Then he smiles at Bradan, "Oh...your the trapper fellow aren't you...live with your parents outside town?" He eyes the witch (Aggrah), half-elf (Tes) and goblin (Poke). "Hello friends."

"So did you all come in for the execution?"


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"Hello, half-shanks. Poke Poke grabs two of the pints and passes one long to Doctor Tes not paying attention that only three were ordered. He looks over at the human "Thanks, smelly.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1
baldwin the merciful wrote:


"So did you all come in for the execution?"

No. Just happened to make it into town today. Looks like they've made it into quite an event. Aggrah takes a sip of the brew and thanks the halfling


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

INDEED! SUCH A LONG TREK IT WAS! I AM BEORN THE DIVINE! BARD WHO SEEKS HIS MUSE.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Bron walks next to Beorn and calls out to the halfling.

I'll take one ale!


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Beorn the Divine wrote:
INDEED! SUCH A LONG TREK IT WAS! I AM BEORN THE DIVINE! BARD WHO SEEKS HIS MUSE.

Calain had been lingering among the crowd, not really caring for recent events, he was actually keen to have the event over with and calmed down so he could try to look up old friends but that wasn't going anywhere with such a ruckus going on.

He did take note of a Bard who seemed more keen than even a typical bard to draw attention to himself and announce his vocation to the entire town.

He was flanked by a smaller man. Not undersized but wearing mail and carrying a longsword.
Craft: Weapons: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

He took note of the Middling craftsmanship and the average quality of the hilt, which included the symbol of Iomedae on the crossguard. Which meant the warrior was either faithful to humanities primary deity (at least among goodly soldiers) or simply not fussy with his weapons embellishments.

Still the man was human and if his dress was any indication, a potential customer.....

He was getting ahead of himself however, first he needed to gain his own reputation.

He greeted the armed acolyte,
Just passing through friend, or another come, seeking glories to aid a village under siege?


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Yeah, Bradans my name. I live with my folks out and about, but I don't remember seeing you last few times I've been in town."

He holds up another finger as PokePoke hands out his ale.

"Guess I'll take another cup as well. So, this bandit guy, how did they bring him in? Some adventurers out looking for bounties? Or someone stumbled onto him?"

Bradan gladly relaxes, laying down his long polearm and setting his heavy pack on the ground.


Poke Poke wrote:
"Hello, half-shanks. Poke Poke grabs two of the pints and passes one long to Doctor Tes not paying attention that only three were ordered. He looks over at the human "Thanks, smelly.

The halfling smiles at Poke Poke, "Did you come in with Meath'd and his litter?" He waves a hand over towards the ogre and goblins roughhousing near Gilly. "Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime but they've been good neighbors."

Aggrah the White Witch wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:


"So did you all come in for the execution?"

No. Just happened to make it into town today. Looks like they've made it into quite an event. Aggrah takes a sip of the brew and thanks the halfling

"No need to be so timid with the beer it's not gonna bite you."


Bron Rilon wrote:

Bron walks next to Beorn and calls out to the halfling.

I'll take one ale!

He hands over the pint. "You're definitely a new face. You know there's a small temple near the library in case you anything religious-like. Strapping adventurer such as yourself is bound to need some healing potions or cure disease type potions. You never know when those come in handy."


Beorn the Divine wrote:
INDEED! SUCH A LONG TREK IT WAS! I AM BEORN THE DIVINE! BARD WHO SEEKS HIS MUSE.

"Oh...I like good poem or song. Do you have any good ones? I'll give everyone a free pint if you care to perform one for me." he opens his hands in an offering gesture. "You know we had an excellent bard here previously, but …" he whispers, "...she didn't make it back from THE Dungeon. She went poof...or so "they" say He air quotes the word "they". "Anyway, our library is excellent."

He eyes Poke Poke suspiciously, "They have books there...I suppose you can barter with them about letting you eat a book."


Bradan Finn wrote:

"Yeah, Bradans my name. I live with my folks out and about, but I don't remember seeing you last few times I've been in town."

He holds up another finger as PokePoke hands out his ale.

"Guess I'll take another cup as well. So, this bandit guy, how did they bring him in? Some adventurers out looking for bounties? Or someone stumbled onto him?"

Bradan gladly relaxes, laying down his long polearm and setting his heavy pack on the ground.

He shrugs when Bradan mentions he hasn't noticed him before. My uncle...by marriage is Nib. He is one of the owners of Varl's Edge who is the local smithy. Varl makes the absolute best weapons. Top quality and enchantments. He's so good he drove some of his competition out of town." He announces proudly. "Well they staked me in a small brewery."

"Now it's a funny thing how they caught Bloody Jack. He just strolled into Foggy Lake about two weeks ago looking for Mr. Turner. He found Mr. Turner at his cartography shop had a few words then slit Mr. Turner's throat." He exhales, "Poor Mrs. Turner walked right in on it and screamed for help. The guards caught him in the shop sorting through some old maps."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Chester the halfling wrote:


The halfling smiles at Poke Poke, "Did you come in with Meath'd and his litter?" He waves a hand over towards the ogre and goblins roughhousing near Gilly. "Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime but they've been good neighbors."

"That old smelly fartbag. The Doctor and Poke Poke come from Orctown, but not old wind bag over there."

Chester the halfling wrote:


"So did you all come in for the execution?"

Poke Poke came because Doctor came.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

I would be glad to trade a song for brew. Mememememememe!

Perform-Sing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Chester the halfling wrote:

He shrugs when Bradan mentions he hasn't noticed him before. My uncle...by marriage is Nib. He is one of the owners of Varl's Edge who is the local smithy. Varl makes the absolute best weapons. Top quality and enchantments. He's so good he drove some of his competition out of town." He announces proudly. "Well they staked me in a small brewery."

Calain winched a little at the Barb. He knew of Nib, of course, but couldn't fault the Halflings words. Though he disagreed about the "drove out of town bit" more like his father lacked the skill to compete with Nib and rather gave up all together.

He seriously doubted Nib had ever given his father, Tomin, a second thought....


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1
Calain wrote:
Just passing through friend, or another come, seeking glories to aid a village under siege?

Bron turns to Calain and replies,

I will be spending some time here in town, I'm Currently on a Pilgrimage to combat evil and help where help is needed. If I may ask, why are you here in town?


"Pilgrimage to combat evil you say?" He chuckles. "There's plenty of evil around, including a man who's about to loses his head, don't need much of pilgrimage to find it."

The brewer honors his pledge for a free round of pints when the bard performs although he seems a bit disappointed mumbling, "Thought there'd be more words and lyrics to it."

Does anyone have any other questions they'd like to ask?


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Sounds like the bad good captain was looking for something, or someone. Anyone have an idea what that was or where he was planning on going? Mrs. Turner have any clues what the convict was searching for?"


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Bron Rilon wrote:
Calain wrote:
Just passing through friend, or another come, seeking glories to aid a village under siege?

Bron turns to Calain and replies,

I will be spending some time here in town, I'm Currently on a Pilgrimage to combat evil and help where help is needed. If I may ask, why are you here in town?

Calain answers the Tall wiry cleric with a look at the Halfling, I am coming home.....my Father shifted his business to Orc town to seek new markets. I was born here...


"Ask 10 people that question and I'm sure you'll get 10 different reasons for what he was looking for. Some think was a lost treasure map, others believe he was double crossed, and more think he was searching for a lost lover." He shrugs his shoulders and raises his hands upward. "Mrs. Turner's staying at the new Fort Karnog Inn, I suppose you can ask her." He motions over to a an imposing looking building that is on a small rise it looks like small keep.


Suddenly a series of bells sound that brings the crowd to attention. There's a lot of pushing and movement as most of the townfolks look towards Gilly.

"Ohhh, it's about to begin."


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Fort Karnog Inn? First time I've had something named after me in game. Woot!


Evil GM
Bradan Finn wrote:
Fort Karnog Inn? First time I've had something named after me in game. Woot!

Thought you'd like that. I figured it's the same town, I'm sure there'd be some monuments and stories.


Evil GM

After 15 minutes the bells end. Suddenly, there's a "rat a tat, rat a tat, rat a tat" of drum beats loudly echoing around the square. "Rat a tat, rat a tat, rat a tat". The drum precedes the death march.

A withered old man (human), wearing nothing but an eggshell colored linen tunic with his hands and feet manacled, is lead by a large minotaur and a small gnome towards the platform. A dozen armed guards flank the doomed prisoner.


"That's General Korg and Mayor Feathertown." The beer vendor announces as he references the minotaur and gnome.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

That is the dreaded pirate? Looks like he had been pirating a long time


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Yeah. Looks like he had a long career til age slowed him down


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3
Poke Poke wrote:

Poke Poke came because Doctor came.

"I'd be lost without my canny confidant. I've been living in Orctown doing research. I'm going to write about it! But this event has its own draws. I smell a story!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"Pretty sure that's just stinky." says Poke Poke motioning toward Branan


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Laugh it up, small and angry. Laugh it up."

Bradan inclines his cup towards PokePoke and glowers at him.


Evil GM

"rat a tat, rat a tat, rat a tat"


Evil GM

the drum beat ends. "HERE YE, HERE YE! The town crier announces. "THE HONORABLE MAYOR WALTER FEATHERTON"


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

The small gnome's voice projects with clarity and authority. "Good people of Fentonville, we gather here to witness justice. Captain Jack Goldwind has been found guilty of high crimes. Captain Goldwind was found guilty of the murdering Franz Turner." There are gasps from the crowd. "Captain Goldwind has been found guilty of one count of burgarly and one count of Trespass." There's a few more lesser gasps. "Captain Goldwind was found guilty of 7 counts of High Piracy on the open sea." With that announcement there are loud claps and stomping on the ground.

"We can not and will not tolerate such blantant lawlessness!" There is a long pause as the crowd settles down.

"The jury of elders has pronounced a sentence of death by beheading. To be commenced forthwith." There are loud cheers from the crowd followed by a chant of "JUSTICE, JUSTICE, JUSTICE!!!


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

The prisoner is lead to the Gilly and a guard buckles the prisoner's knees. He complies without resistance.

"Any last words?


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Be wary, this is where someone tries a daring rescue.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Hes an old and caught pirate. Who's gonna rescue him, pirates who want less shares of treasure?"


"I regret NOTHING...NOTHING. You may kill me today but I'll haunt you tomorrow. Someone will DIE by the creeper curse! He spits, "Mrs Turner BEWARE your trip home!"

With that General Korg drops his arm as a signal.


There's a loud click of Gilly's release mechanism and then a Schwooooosh" sound as the blade slides down. A thwack" sound echoes and the whole platform shakes. But rather than a head being cleanly chopped off the blade barely sinks into Capt Jack's flesh.

"MMMMYHAHHHHHHHHH, it won't be that easy you swine. The Creeper will be released."


"Again!"

Gilly's blade is raised a second time by two attendants. Then released. There's another Swoosh" sound. Then a Twack".


"I CURSE THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Only sinew attaches the neck to the body, yet the pirate talks."HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA" Blood begins to spurt out and spray the surroundings.


General Korg signals for Gilly to be raised one more time.

Anyone who wants to make a perception check can roll it.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13(+2 vs humans)


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

somethings not quite right here... Guilotined heads shouldn't talk


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

This must be foul magic! We must protect Mrs. Turner.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Evil GM

Bradan and Aggrah Only:
You see that the guillotine blade looks funny.

Aggrah only:
You can clearly see the guillotine blade is cracked, it looks tinged with a rusty color right where it contacted Bloody Jack's flesh. It is not crimson nor is it dripping, like blood would do.

151 to 200 of 1,752 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.