Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1 to 50 of 1,858 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You find yourself in a small town known as Fentonville, population 727 in northern Nirmathas. The town is bustling with activity as another caravan has arrived from Lastwall. This small town has been ravaged by a war with undead hordes and demons. Thousands of the most vile creatures emerged from the deadliest dungeon ever unearthed: Rappan Athuk, sent by it's master - The Prince of Undead, Orcus.

The northern reaches of this wilderness kingdom, with all of the caravan activity, fertile land, plentiful game and nearby seaport has been vigilant at defending it's self and lawlessness is no longer tolerated. This is an unfortunate recent development for pirate Sea Captain Jack who was captured.

"Here ye, here ye! It's Execution DAY!"


Evil GM

Background:

Everyone is from a 25 mile radius of Fentonville, population 727, which is located in northern Nirmathas. Within that radius there are two other settlements: Orctown and Foggy Lake. Portions of the famed dungeon Rappan Athuk are also located within this area.

Everyone is gathering from far and wide as the pirate Sea Captain Bloody Jack has been caught in Foggy Lake a small port town on Lake Encarthan. He was brought to Fentonville to stand trial and to be promptly executed. Given Fentonville's recent history of repelling undead and demonic forces the population is quite excited about testing out their newly acquired weapon against chaos and evil...Gilly.


Evil GM

Common Knowledge that is known by history, lore, and life experience

Nirmathas has had a long history of being war-torn. It’s even garnered the nickname of the “War-torn Wilderness.” At first the turmoil arose with the collapse of Cheliax, then it continued through the bloody conflict with its southern neighbor Molthune which has continually tried to annex the lands from the Lastwall south. The early years of conflict were bloody and disorganized but overtime the fiercely independent people managed to solidify it’s southern border and an uneasy truce developed between the two forces.

In war and in life, Nirmathi are fiercely independent. They are a people that instinctively define themselves by opposition to their regimented and bureaucratic former masters in Cheliax and Molthune. Nirmathi are a generous lot, but they hold freedom, liberty, and self-sufficiency above all else. Even the best ideas are flatly rejected if there is even the faintest hint of compulsion that would infringe upon individual liberty. That is until the undead hordes lead by demon generals emerged from the desecrated Rappan Athuk dungeon.

Over the last three years the small trading town known of Fentonville in northern Nirmathas, has been the epicenter of the invasion. (Note: Fentonville is a DM created town and does not appear in any Paizo material). Unlike most of Nirmathas, the town of Fentonville has been organized and the people are less concerned about “individual liberty” when it comes to survival.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Beorn the Divine and Bron Rilon

Beorn and Bron you are travelling with the first southern caravan heading from Vellumis, Lastwall to Fentonville, Nimathas. The snows have finally melted and the ground has firmed up enough to hold the teams of oxen, mules and horses that pull an assortment of wagons and carts. It's been a slow and uneventful 8 day journey, except for a few roudy insults and fights that have broken out during the evening hours amonst the members of the caravan.

Beorn the Divine:
Beorn you've noticed several insults mumbled towards you over the last couple evenings. Those comments have been made towards your half-orc heritage. You've notice two guards (humans) who seem to be causing the unrest within the caravan. What are you goin to do?

Bron the Rilon:
It's two hours before sunset and you are on perimeter patrol when you notice a piece of parchement tumbling towards you. What are you going to do?

It's two hours before sunset and the caravan master calls for Caravan to stop for the evening. "Make Camp yous lousy pieces of lice. We ain't gonna make it to town today. Should be there mid-day 'morrow, though."

Disregard the NPC profile line, it's an older avatar. He's not a villain, or at least you don't think he is.


Evil GM

Brandan Finn and Aggrah the White White

The two have came together to travel to Fentonville to sell some late winter furs, pelts, and meat that you've been able to forage. You've been travelling for the day and it's time to make camp as the sun is getting low on the horizon. You're still a few hours (7 miles) to the southeast of town but the Coast Road is insight and you can see clearing near the road.

Aggrah:
You are thrilled that you've been able to locate a small patch of rare moonbane cloves during the last full moon and you know it will fetch a fair price in Fentonville.

Bradan:
This past winter has been exceptionally good to your family. You and your father managed to take down a dire winterwolf and you know that pelt will sell for a handsome price in Fentonville.

As night approaches what are the two of you going to do?


Poke Poke, Dr Tes, and Calain

Five days ago three riders came to Orctown to take council with Meath'd and Mother. The meeting lasted less than an hour, the riders were given new horses, and they took off as quick as they arrived. Shortly thereafter your leader emerges holding a few pieces of parchment in his thick scarred hand. His lovely croney bride stands next to him.

"ME AND MOTHER GO." He's waving the parchment over his massive skull. "WE'S IMPORTANT...SUMMONED TO HEAR CASE AGAINST BLODDY CAPTAIN JACK." He scrunches his faces as Mother breaks wind. "WE'S TAKE YOU, AND YOUS, AND YOU, AND YOUS AND YOU AND YOUS," He seems to be randomly pointing to other orcs and goblins in the crowd.

He points to Calain, "We's don't take you, we's don't like you so much...MEAN. You come in 5 days though." He holds up 4 chunky fingers. "You no come right away either squirt." He points clearly at Poke Poke and growls at the goblin. "Not funny when you stabbed my arse."

He hands the parchments to Dr. Tes. "You come later with Poke Poke and Grumpy Cal. You in charge leave everyone else here to guard our stuff."

With that he takes about half the camp with him and he departs for Fentonville about three hours later.

What are you three doing?


TO: Poke Poke, Dr. Tes, and Calain

Beware and have care or you will lose all your hair." the old crone bride incoherently rambles some curse at those remaining in Orctown.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan looks to Aggrah as the clearing and roadways comes into view.

"Well, looks like we'll make town midmorning or so tomorrow. Might as well set up a little camp and have some chow, no sense busting our butts to walking the dark. No one is gonna buy furs in the dark tonight, and I cant see like you can with no lights."

So long as the witch doesn't argue, Bradan drops his pack and begins to set up a small camp, in the treeline at the edge of the clearing. After gathering up some firewood, he digs a pair of holes and makes a small but efficient group fire, making ready to heat up some food.

"Got any leads on work in town? I ain't exactly hurting for coin, but it's nice to get paid heading in and out each way."


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

I'm good with camping here. Not in too much of a hurry. Besides camping under the stars is so much better than under the roof of a crowded inn.

Aggrah thinks a bit before responding to Bradan about work not sure about his feeling on Orctown even though he has been cordial enough with her and the OC.......

deciding per usual that the truth is the easiest/best way
Didn't really have any plans for work in town. Was just planning to stop in, sell some goods and then on to Orctown. This is actually my first trip away from home nothing to keep me there anymore.... holding back a tear looking up and saying a quick prayer to the stars/Pulura

Aggrah nods appreciatively at Bradans fire and begins cooking something deceptively tasty for the both of them...it's a poor witch that can't make her way around a stew pot


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Oh, nice. That is for cooking, my skills are a bit on the old 'shoot animal, cook on a stick' variety."

Bradan doesn't bat an eye at the mention of Orctown, continuing to help prepare for the evening.

"I've done some work there before, but my mom is the one who usually worked with the orcs. She taught a bunch of em about herbs and edible fauna and foraging stuff. Turns out, living underground doesnt really teach you much about gathering food in the woods, or farming."

"That big old lady, the one they call Mother, she kinda scares me, if you know what I mean. Shes got the eye down, kinda looks right though ya."

Bradan shudders a bit and makes the antlers, a sign of Erastil's protection, almost unconsciously.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain accepted the Barb from Meth'd as the announcement was made.
He was glad for the excuse to finally return home and had no intention of coming back here.

His father would later sigh at the man's proclamation that he was done in Orctown.

But this place has been so good to us. I've more work here than ever before in my life. Stay boy, we'll only do better as the settlement grows.

Calain shook his head at his father 14th attempt to stop him.

My mind is made up father. I am tired of the mistrust of these Orcs and having to fight off the young bulls here, simply because they worry the woman prefer the looks of someone who doesn't have bloodshot eyes or a broken nose. I've never done a thing to start any of it, yet among the males here they'll always see me as competition. I'm not interested in fighting off imagined slights, nor staying in a place with no chance to better my skills.

With that, he left a few days later, ironically in the company of a half-orc AND a goblin.
But at least he was going home.


Evil GM

Scene: Bradan and Aggrah

Bradan when you gather branches you notice several trees in the camping area have parchment attached to them.

parchment 1:
It's a crude drawing of a stick person on it's knees with it's head cut off. A small circle with eyes and frowning face is next to it. There are no words on the drawing.

parchment 2:
Reads: "Bloody Captain Jack was been caught! Trial begins Oathday 21, Pharast. Execution to follow." You know that Oathday is tomorrow.

The fire begins to pop and snap as Aggrah works the flame, she has the beginning of a nice warm fire going. Aggrah as you fan the flames you notice something has Bradan's attention at the tree line.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Hey, Aggrah, you ever heard of someone called Bloody Captain Jack? This announcement says hes going on trial and will be executed, starting tomorrow. I'm guessing some local brigand or pirate, but I haven't heard of him, not that I can remember at least."

Bradan brings both parchments over to the witch.

"And some child has quite the vivid imagination. Where they got the parchment or know-how about beheadings, I cant guess, but there it is."


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

I've certainly heard of Mother. Can't be as scary as my O.C. all masked up and pissed off The O.C.s Witch Doctor mask was a terrifying thing to behold as a young girl

As far as "Bloody Jack"... yes, I remember one of the pigeons had news of him being a general nuisance. Looks like his luck ran out
Aggrah and the O.C. kept in touch with various healers throughout the region via pigeon, keeping abreast of various sicknesses and effective cures as well as the occasional news/gossip

Noticing that Bradan is staring at the tree line....whispers Anything out there? Aggrahs hand subconsciously itches to pull down the mask sitting atop her head...but she holds off for now

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

edit:
Aggrah blessed Bradan with a beneficial hex when they began traveling

Ward:

PFS Legal Ward (Su) (Advanced Player's Guide pg. 67): A witch can use this hex to place a protective ward over one creature. The warded creature receives a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws. This ward lasts until the warded creature is hit or fails a saving throw. A witch knows when a warded creature is no longer protected. A witch can have only one ward active at a time. If the witch uses this ability again, the previous ward immediately ends. A witch cannot use this ability on herself. At 8th level and 16th level, the bonuses provided by this ward increase by +1.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"I just saw these parchments, which is strange enough on it's own. I hope there's nothing and noone out there that wants to cause trouble tonight. At least you can see in the dark if something creepy-crawly or a two-legged predator decides to get froggy on us."

Bradan picks up his bow and slings it alongside his quiver, before making sure his polearm is propped within easy reach. Pulling a torch out of his pack, he jams the end into the ground a pace or two away from the small fire.

"Well, that's as best I can do for now. Maybe I'll be able to grab a lantern or some other light source in town tomorrow."


Evil GM

Scene: Bradan and Aggrah

I don't think either of you have knowledge local but if you do make a roll. Aggrah I'll let you make a knowledge history roll.

Bradan make a perception check.

Bradan shows Aggrah the parchments. The fire is burning well and there is plenty of dry timber and brush to keep it lit for the evening.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

history: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 (+2 vs humans)


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Meath'd wrote:

"You no come right away either squirt." He points clearly at Poke Poke and growls at the goblin. "Not funny when you stabbed my arse."

"Not funny? What's not is your smell, you idiot. Next time don't fart on Poke Poke, or Poke Poke will cut your butt off.

Mother wrote:

TO: Poke Poke, Dr. Tes, and Calain

Beware and have care or you will lose all your hair." the old crone bride incoherently rambles some curse at those remaining in Orctown.

"What are you talking about you old bat? Poke Poke don't have hair. Come on Doctor lets let these idiots be."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn stumbles out of his crate, shedding some small packets of what looks like blue crystal candy. Stuffing some into his pockets for later sampling, he stretches his arms and legs.

Such a frightful flight! I almost didn't get away from those cretins that cannot understand satire. But the road goes ever on and I will find my fortune elsewhere!

Beorn eventually notices the coarse language of the guards and decides that going the high road is in order.

COME NOW MY FINE FELLOWS! THE ROAD HAS BEEN LONG AND THERE IS NO NEED FOR TEMPERS TO FLARE DUE TO SORE FEET! LET US CELEBRATE OUR REST WITH SOME FINE RIBALD TALES!

Beorn launches into a tale of the Shephardess and the werewolf, a rather naughty rendition of the Boy who cried Wolf. Here, it was instead "OH! WOLFFFF! WOLFFF!!!"

Perform-Sing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

The good Doctor listens intently as Meathead speaks. Just another layer of interest in this unlikely settlement. Founded by some adventuring party of dwarves and madmen, led by an Ogre and Mother, so near humanity's squalor ...Orctown shouldn't work.

But it does!

When Meathead speaks to the cranky human, Tes tsks and shakes his head like a schoolmarm he thinks he once knew.

When it comes his turn, he proudly accepts the helm of leadership and documents. Poke Poke, though a delightful drinking companion and aggressive attourney, wasn't quite ready for the burden and the human, well, was human.

"Now, now, dear Mr. Poke, we should not rub our intellects in the faces of those lacking in such. Very gauche! But, yes, we have planning to do! Shall we?"


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Finding it odd that there is a piece of parchment and being vigilant and suspicious that it could mean something else isn't to far he looks out around him

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Evil GM

Bron:
You don't see anything threatening in the area. However, you do notice there is writing on the parchment.[ooc]What are you going to do?


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:


"Now, now, dear Mr. Poke, we should not rub our intellects in the faces of those lacking in such. Very gauche! But, yes, we have planning to do! Shall we?"

Poke Poke nods his agreement

"Lets."

And with that the two walk away from the assembly


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Bron squats down to the ground curious of what might be written on the piece of parchment.


Evil GM

To: Beorn the Divine and Bron Rilon

Bron you stoop down and pick up the piece of parchment and glance a the words.

parchment:
It reads: "Fentonville News: COME ON, COME ALL watch Bloody Captain Jack be executed then tried. On Oathday 21, Pharast." You know that Oathday is tomorrow.

Bron as you examine the parchment you hear the Caravan Master yell at you. Sunlight git in on in here, time for grub." It appear the caravan master has given you a nickname based on your deity. "Boys no cheat'n in cards or dice t'night Sunshine's comin' back into camp." The bastard pokes fun at your goody two-shoes nature.

Bron:
Over the last few days you've notice that the caravan master and several of the other guards have begun to tease you. Mostly about your lawful and good nature. You kind of stick out like a sore thumb in the crowd. Two guards in particular seem to focus their hostilities on you and the half-orc storyteller that joined the journey.

Meanwhile near the campfire, Beorn tries to diffuse a hostile situation. Several people meander over during the "Boy who cried Wolf" story. A few giggle even throw a few copper at your feet. Although you sense that you've only delay the conflict with the two hostile guards as they sneer at you. One mumbles, "Yer breed's responsible fer lots of deaths."


Evil GM

To: Dr. Tes, Poke Poke, and Calain

Dr. Tes you begin to sort through the various parchments that Meath'd shoved into your chest. You see there are three different messages:

parchment 1:
It's a crude drawing of a stick person on it's knees with it's head cut off. A small circle with eyes and frowning face is next to it. There are no words on the drawing. you've been around the goblins long enough to know they fear written words, so this flyer is must be meant for them

parchment 2:
Reads: "Bloody Captain Jack was been caught! Trial begins Oathday 21, Pharast. Execution to follow." You know that Oathday is tomorrow.

parchment 3:
Reads: "Fentonville News: COME ON, COME ALL watch Bloody Captain Jack be executed then tried. On Oathday 21, Pharast." You know that Oathday is in a few days.

The next couple days by without too much excitement, except several goblins have begun to dress and act like Poke Poke so they get to go to Fentonville. Eventually, the three of you can begin your journey to Fentonville.

I need each of you to make a perception check during your journey to Fentonville.


Evil GM

To: Bradan and Aggrah

Aggrah:
You've heard of a pirate captain called Bloody Jack. He and his crew made their presence known on Lake Encarthan. Rumor is he grew rich at the expense of fat merchants and often gave money to poor. His hoard could be vast.

Bradan as you and Aggrah settle in for the evening and the delicious sweet smell of roasted meat wafts around the camp, you catch the glimpse of something large in the tree line. Then the large bloodshot eyes spring forth...

Initiative::

Braddan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Aggrah: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
black bear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Initiative order

Braddan
Black bear
Aggrah

No map for this conflict but the bear emerges from the treeline and is 30 feet away.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan moves slowly but deliberately, taking the meat skewer from the fire and rising.

"No sudden moves, Aggrah...let's see if mister bear wants an easy meal or something more...exciting."

Wild Empathy (uh oh): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 + 1 = 2

As I expected...


To: Braden and Aggrah

Good idea but poor execution by Bradan

The large black bear's nose twitches but then it suddenly breeches the treeline as it runs towards the food source. The black bear seems to be hobbled only 30 ft in movement as it's hind leg has a nasty festering gash on it.

The bear will swipe at: 1 is Bradan, 2 is Aggrah
dice: 1d2 ⇒ 2

black bear, weakened: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 2 = 13;dam, weakened: 1d4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 4

Since there is no map. The two of you are on either side of the campfire. The bear is positioned in front of the campfire. The bear can be flanked with each of you making a 5 foot step.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

perc: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Having lived in the wild Aggrah has no qualms about killing an animal in self defense or for food.

She 5fts away from the wounded animal making sure to move away from the food that attracted it as well

Bad Bear she barks ominously activating her Evil Eye(reflavored archons judgment) dc14 fail equals -2 bab 4 rounds

evil eye:

Evil Eye (Su) (Advanced Player's Guide pg. 66): The witch can cause doubt to creep into the mind of a foe within 30 feet that she can see. The target takes a –2 penalty on one of the following (witch's choice): AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks. This hex lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the witch's Intelligence modifier. A Will save reduces this to just 1 round. This is a mind-affecting effect. At 8th level the penalty increases to –4.

two ways to handle this Bradan. Put the poor thing down or if you have some way of restraining it I could heal its wound so the creature has a chance to fend for itself would be so much easier if I could make things fall asleep like the OC. She'd have this bear asleep and tied up before it knew what hit it... but Aggrah was never able to make that sleep hex work. So here we are with a tough decision. Kill the bear or try restraining and healing it. She's actually fine either way. Up to Bradan


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Restrain? I mean, once it's down that might be an option, but right now...gah!"

Bradan drops the meat and snatches up his polearm, stepping back to bring the glaive blade down onto the animal.

Chop!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 to hit, for 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 slashing damage (+2 to hit if Arragh has a weapon to threaten and flank)


End of Round 1

Bear Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
The witch gives the stink eye to the bear but it's too angry to notice it. Takes a minus for 1 RD

To: Braden and Aggrah

RD 2 Initiative order

Bradan - chops and misses
Black bear - missed twice
Aggrah

Bradan you miss by such a wide amount but the injured black bear still realizes it was attacked. Now the creature focuses his attention on the hunter (Bradan) and takes a 5 ft step closer.

30% chance the bear doesn't think it was attacked by Bradan: 1d100 ⇒ 59

black bear, weakened, hex, claw 1: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 5;dam, weakened: 1d4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 4

black bear, weakened, hex, claw 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 15;dam, weakened: 1d4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 = 5

Scene wise: Aggrah stepped back 5 ft and tried to hex but it failed (-2 for 1 RD). Bradan stepped back putting 10 ft of distance between him and the bear. He grabbed his glaive as he was stepping back but missed his attack. The bear stepped 5 ft closer to Bradan to close the reach distance and misses.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Gah! Boo! Go away bear, I am not a meal!"


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

perc: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

finally onlyg took 3+ hours and now i see it actually posted something lol


Evil GM

Dr. Tes, Poke, Calain

The group heading from Orctown decided to take a short cut that Poke Poke knew existed. The "trail" resembled a bunny path and at times it was hard to follow. This task became more difficult after the sunset.

Dr. Tes:
Dr. Tes's keen sense of hearing recognizes two distinct sounds nearby. First the shuffling from the nearby brush line. Second, the sound of voices and a growling bear coming from a campground a a few hundred feet to the west.

Poke poke:
You smell a spicy meat cooking off to the west.

"Hu..grr…" A low groaning voice comes from behind the brushes 10 feet from where the adventurers are located. You don't see the creature but you can hear it coming.

Initiative:

Calain: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Poke Poke: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Dr Tes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Zombie: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Initiative Order:

Calain
Dr. Tes
Zombie
Poke Poke

I don't have a map for this encounter. The group is single file: Poke poke leading, Dr. Tes, then Calain. the trail is narrow and there are trees and bushes all around. The groaning sounds are coming where Dr. Tes is located but 10 feet away. It is nighttime.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

OK Bradan, let's put it down!

sorry bear!

focusing her will once again on the bear

evil eye, targeting AC, dc14:

Evil Eye (Su) (Advanced Player's Guide pg. 66): The witch can cause doubt to creep into the mind of a foe within 30 feet that she can see. The target takes a –2 penalty on one of the following (witch's choice): AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks. This hex lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the witch's Intelligence modifier. A Will save reduces this to just 1 round. This is a mind-affecting effect. At 8th level the penalty increases to –4.

After eyeing the bear she draws a dagger readying to throw it next round


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Okay, mister bear, you picked the wrong folks to try and nom down on!"

Bradan brings his weapon around again, keeping distance between himself and the animal.

Chop, part deux: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 to hit (+2 if flanking), for 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 slashing damage

Whaaa...waaaa...


RD 2 conclusion

Bear Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

The black bear shivers as the witch gives him another evil eye.

RD 3 Initiative order

Bradan - chops and misses once again
Black bear - hit twice and I believe Bradan is quite hurt
Aggrah

The black bear's nose twitches at the cooking meat, "GRRRRRRRRROAR

Then it steps (5 ft) to close the range on Bradan.

black bear, weakened, hex, claw 1: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 17;dam, weakened: 1d4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 4

black bear, weakened, hex, claw 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 3;dam, weakened: 1d4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 - 2 = 3

Then the large maw chops down at pole wielding foe,

black bear, weakened, hex, bite: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 20;dam, weakened: 1d4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 2 = 5

Bits of human flesh are viciously ripped away. The bear has a taste for human blood. It's tongue laps it's bloody muzzle.

dex fumble check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
The bear is unable to use it's second claw next turn since it failed it's dex check..


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn tries winning more of the crowd over, making the festive feeling infectious!

HERE IS THE SONG OF THE NOT SO LITTLE MERMAN AND THE FISHERWOMAN!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Seeing Bradan get chomped on....the bear must die

The white witch opens her mouth and lets loose a scream only the bear can hear.

ear piercing scream dc15:

School evocation [sonic]; Level bard 1, bloodrager 1, inquisitor 1, psychic 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, witch 1

CASTING

Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S

EFFECT

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one creature
Duration instantaneous; see text
Saving Throw Fortitude partial (see text); Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION

You unleash a powerful scream, inaudible to all but a single target. The target is dazed for 1 round and takes 1d6 points of sonic damage per two caster levels (maximum 5d6). A successful save negates the daze effect and halves the damage.

sonic damage+daze: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Evil GM
Beorn the Divine wrote:

Beorn tries winning more of the crowd over, making the festive feeling infectious!

HERE IS THE SONG OF THE NOT SO LITTLE MERMAN AND THE FISHERWOMAN!

More people surround the bard, most are laughing and having a good time more copper pieces are tossed . The two moody guards leaving the ground. the area and make their way towards the caravan master.


black bear fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"GRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWOAR!" as the bears whips its head towards the source of the ear piercing sound. It's nose continues to twitch as some of meat cooks on the open flame.


Evil GM

Scene: Bradan and Aggrah

RD 4 Initiative order

Bradan -
Black bear -
Aggrah


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Agghh, that hurts like hell! Bad bear, no more mister nice guy!"

Bradan drops his polearm and steps back, drawing his now, nocking an arrow and loosing it in one smooth practiced motion.

PBS, deadly aim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 to hit, for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 piercing damage

Jeez, the dice bot wants me to die!


Scene: Bradan and Aggrah

RD 4 Black Bear

The arrow whizzes by and whacks a tree. The bear hesitates a moment than dashes over to the witch. With one claw it tries to slash at her throat.

black bear, weakened, hex, claw 1:: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 9;dam, weakened:: 1d4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 = 4


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Dr. Tes, Poke, Calain

The group heading from Orctown decided to take a short cut that Poke Poke knew existed. The "trail" resembled a bunny path and at times it was hard to follow. This task became more difficult after the sunset.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

"Hu..grr…" A low groaning voice comes from behind the brushes 10 feet from where the adventurers are located. You don't see the creature but you can hear it coming.

** spoiler omitted **

Initiative Order:

Calain
Dr. Tes
Zombie
Poke Poke

I don't have a map for this encounter. The group is single file: Poke poke leading, Dr. Tes, then Calain. the trail is narrow and there are trees and bushes all around. The groaning sounds are coming where Dr. Tes is located but 10 feet away. It is nighttime.

Calain is the first to react to the sound. He scoots to the front of the line, drawing his Lucerine Hammer and keeping a distance of 10ft.

Get behind me you two, and quick step 5ft back as I move.

Calain will ready his normal attack to Strike the creature as it comes within his reach.
The creature will also provoke an AOO if it closes to 5ft. He will use PUSHING Assault to keep the thing at Outside his 10ft

Calain will use PUSHING Assault on BOTH ATTACKS- each attack that hits can knock it back 5ft
Readied Attack, 2 hand Lucerine Hammer: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 1 = 10
2 hand Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8

AOO if the Zombie tries to move within his 10ft polearm reach: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 1 = 19
2 hand Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14

Spoiler:
Benefits
When you hit a creature your size or smaller with a two-handed weapon attack modified by the Power Attack feat, you can choose to push the target 5 feet directly away from you instead of dealing the extra damage from Power Attack. If you score a critical hit, you can instead push the target 10 feet directly away from you. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunities, and the target must end this move in a safe space it can stand in. You choose which effect to apply after the attack roll has been made, but before the damage is rolled.

Assuming a standard Human Zombie Calain's 2nd Attack Hits, Doing 14 Damage and keeping the thing 5ft away. Possibly killing it. Next Rd, Calain will 5ft step back and repeat the routine


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Woah!!! Shoot the damn thing! Aggrah has quickly transitioned from feeling sorry about the wounded bear....now she just wants some bear steaks with mushrooms and garlic with a side of baked potatoes and fresh greens

Aggrah goes

total defense:
Total Defense
You can defend yourself as a standard action. You get a +4 dodge bonus to your AC for 1 round. Your AC improves at the start of this action. You can’t combine total defense with fighting defensively or with the benefit of the Combat Expertise feat. You can’t make attacks of opportunity while
using total defense.

She waves her dagger distractingly hoping that Bradan shoots the bear and not her. Moving 5ft to the side trying to give Bradan a clear shot.

1 to 50 of 1,858 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.