Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1,601 to 1,650 of 1,850 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Poke Poke wrote:
Calain wrote:

Buffs: Nil, Rage rounds left 4,+1AC vs Large

Calain dismisses his rage and leans over his Lucerne Hammer as he catches his breath.
That's one I no longer owe you Goblin. Try to avoid snot piles in future

"Poke Poke had it just fine. Now you have alerted everyone to our presence. Quite is the whole point of sneaking you oaf."

The big human smiled at the Goblin's response. He knew he'd caught the thing in a trap.

Ahh, so if you were doing your job correctly, the blob would not have noticed you, correct? Or if dying quietly was your plan I'll wait for you to signal me for help when you are being eaten next time, lead on good scout. This noisy human will remain back and wait for the creatures burp to signal me forward.
The human was actually beaming for once, thoroughly enjoying his own joke.
Though it was said with genuine humor and only partly to offend the little goblin. At least the thing clearly had some pride


Evil GM

The party hauls their water-crossing vehicles forward. The stream belches like a sour fart as strange gases are released. The liquid itself is in algae coated and stagnant except for the occassional bubble breaking the surface.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

There is going to be something in there, isn't there?


Evil GM

The adventurers put their boats into the water and climb in. As the oars cut through the surface water more gas is released from the water. Everyone needs to make A DC 12 fort save or they become naseated for rds: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

As the swamp gas hits him in the face, Bradan leans over the side of the canoe and reaches. Barely holding onto his bow, his face contorts miserably in disgust.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Beorn's fine singing voice is saved from upcoming bile.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

The Dr. can handle nausea.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"Hey Noisy, did you break wind?" Poke Poke says to the bard. He leans over to Dr. Tes and says under his breath "And Poke Poke thought the long shanks smelled bad.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

I was in a Goblin town, once... Never mind.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Aggrah begins retching over the side.... Not very lady like... And is quite embarrassed


Evil GM

A couple of the occupants are heaving their breakfasts over the side. the others paddle on and eventually get tot he other side of the wretched stream. Affrah looks ashen while Bradan has a green hue about his face. What are you going to do when you get to the otherside?


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Time for a drink to wash our mouths!


Evil GM

Beorn takes a long swallow of his fire whiskey to rinse the foul odor from his mouth. The group crosses the water and lands on the other side. the tumble weeds blow slightly in the light breeze.

What are you doing?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Guess we should have talked about this before landing on the property owner's front lawn...But what are we trying to do here? Ask the owner politely for directions outta the swamp? Information on possible kidnappers? Or ask the name of their homebuilder? Swamp chic is in nowadays


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Who'd choose to live here? A genius, a madman, or a mad genius! Interesting no matter what! I'd love to interview him!"


Evil GM

Are you staying near the shoreline? hiding behind tumbleweed? Advancing towards the door? Do you ever get the feeling there is no good answer to questions asked by the DM?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Strip naked and oil up!


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

We need to find Ms Turner. She was taken by force bit we can't automatically assume she is here. Shall we send the bard to the door to make enquiries? He could at least keep them busy with his mouth while we spread out and access any threat?


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Sounds good to me!


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

I'm not built for reconnaissance... Sorry. I'm not even built for this type of wilderness. We prefer forest and mountains.

But, were not quite useless... depending on the situation.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Say hi, have the sneaks in place, and well keep watch a bit back with bows and blades. I mean, if someone friendly lives inside, great. But I kinda doubt it given our situation. "

Bradan nocks an arrow and tries to get a good line on the front door.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"Poke Poke will scout the house. Keep quite." Poke Poke motions to Dr. Tes to follow and slowly starts forward

sneak: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Doctor Tes follows.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn cautiously approaches the door and stays about twenty feet back. HELLO! HELLO IN THERE! May we meet with you? We wish to ask for possible assistance!


Evil GM

Beorn cautiously walks towards the house, he raps on the door once he arrives. In the meantime, the two sneaks proceed forward. Using what little ground cover there is to hide they each hide behind tumbleweed.

Initiative:

Poke: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Dr Tes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Beorn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Calain: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Ulfrec: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Bradan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
tumbleweed swarm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Initiative order:

Beorn
Tumbleweed Swarms
Ulfrec
Bradan
Calain
Dr Tes
Poke

Battle Map


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Beorn the Divine wrote:
Beorn cautiously approaches the door and stays about twenty feet back. HELLO! HELLO IN THERE! May we meet with you? We wish to ask for possible assistance!

Poke Poke stares at the bard with an exasperated look as he goes clattering by. "Idiots! We are surrounded by idoits." Poke Poke says to Dr. Tes in a hushed tone as the orc starts to bellow "So much for strategy."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Well we shouldn't just go barging in! If someone is here, we should ask permission to converse.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah chimes in.... it's the polite thing to do... Maybe if we asked nicely the tumbleweed security system wouldn't have activated


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"Or maybe they'll jump into a portal again and burn the place down with us in it."


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Save the optimism, Barrister Poke! That means there is a chance we portal out of this swamp... Too good to be true!

Now it's time to light up the night... watch your scrawny arse, Poke.

Flaming Sphere, range 130' for 3d6: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5) = 9


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 "Watch it shortshanks." Poke Poke says as he deftly dodges the rolling flame


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain 5ft steps towards Poke Poke (just out of reach of the tumble weeds and uses his reach to attack the tumbleweed scratching at the goblin.

With your permission Mr Poke. I don't think your little knives are having much effect.
2 Hand Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 1 = 16
2 Hand Damage: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Hearing the humans somewhat insult Poke Poke pounces striking at the tumble weed

dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
slashing dmg: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
snk att: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
slashing dmg: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
snk att: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 7) = 12

Confirm crit
dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
slashing dmg: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
snk att: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4


Evil GM

I will get a tumbleweed swarms posts up soon.


Evil GM

Beorn raps on the door but there is no answer forthcoming.

The Tumbleweed Swarms attack Aggrah and their thorny branches hit witch as it moves into her area.

tes 1, aggrah 2: 1d2 ⇒ 2

dam: 1d6 ⇒ 3
plus distraction Will DC 14 and entrap strength or escape artist DC 14

Entangling Vines (Ex):
Tangleweed vines grasp at creatures caught in the swarm. A creature that begins its turn in a swarm’s space or moves through the swarm moves at half speed until it exits the swarm. By succeeding at a DC 14 Strength or Escape Artist check, a creature can negate this effect, but it must attempt this check for every square it moves through the swarm. The DCs are Constitution-based.

Entrap (Ex):
At the beginning of the swarm’s turn, all creatures inside its space must make a DC 14 Strength or Escape Artist check or become entrapped. If a creature fails a second saving throw against this ability, it is completely entrapped by tangleweed vines, cannot breathe (forcing it to hold its breath or suffocate), and takes 1d3 points of
damage at the beginning of its turn.

The second tumbleweed swarm attacks Poke Poke.

dam: 1d6 ⇒ 1
plus distraction DC 14 and entrap DC 14


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 1

Beorn - knocks on door
Tumbleweed Swarms - attacks Poke and Aggrah
Ulfrec
Bradan
Calain
Dr Tes
Poke


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

wil: 1d20 ⇒ 13
eascape: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

After atracking (as marked above) Poke Poke hops five feet back out of the swarm

Hp 29 distracted


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec casteded Flaming Sphere, above.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Kn(Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

"And here I was, thinking we'd be all friendly like and just knock on the door."

Bradan draws the masterwork hatchet from his belt and brings it down on the closer of the two swarms, hoping he might do some actual damage.

Mwk Handaxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 to hit, for slashing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

escape dc14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
distraction dc14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Aggrah flails about, somewhat effectively and moves to get out of the swarm,
and has a sinking feeling This feels like a witchy home defense trick
and despite her public protestations, she knows a lot of her "sisters" are not sugar and spice and everything nice

If possible she'll try catching both swarms in a

web spell:
Web

School conjuration (creation); Level magus 2, sorcerer/wizard 2, witch 2; Elemental School wood 2

CASTING

Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (spider web)

EFFECT

Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect webs in a 20-ft.-radius spread
Duration 10 min./level (D)
Saving Throw Reflex negates; see text; Spell Resistance no

DESCRIPTION

Web creates a many-layered mass of strong, sticky strands. These strands trap those caught in them. The strands are similar to spiderwebs but far larger and tougher. These masses must be anchored to two or more solid and diametrically opposed points or else the web collapses upon itself and disappears. Creatures caught within a web become grappled by the sticky fibers. Attacking a creature in a web doesn’t cause you to become grappled.

Anyone in the effect’s area when the spell is cast must make a Reflex save. If this save succeeds, the creature is inside the web but is otherwise unaffected. If the save fails, the creature gains the grappled condition, but can break free by making a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as a standard action against the DC of this spell. The entire area of the web is considered difficult terrain. Anyone moving through the webs must make a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check as part of their move action, with a DC equal to the spell’s DC. Creatures that fail lose their movement and become grappled in the first square of webbing that they enter.

If you have at least 5 feet of web between you and an opponent, it provides cover. If you have at least 20 feet of web between you, it provides total cover.

The strands of a web spell are flammable. A flaming weapon can slash them away as easily as a hand brushes away cobwebs. Any fire can set the webs alight and burn away one 5-foot square in 1 round. All creatures within flaming webs take 2d4 points of fire damage from the flames.

Web can be made permanent with a permanency spell. A permanent web that is damaged (but not destroyed) regrows in 10 minutes.

if that's not possible she'll hold her standard action


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Posted my attack above


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Calain wrote:
Posted my attack above

like wise


Evil GM
Calain wrote:

Calain 5ft steps towards Poke Poke (just out of reach of the tumble weeds and uses his reach to attack the tumbleweed scratching at the goblin.

With your permission Mr Poke. I don't think your little knives are having much effect.

Calain tries to hit the tumbleweed swarm but he misses with his attack. It's harder to hit than he realizes.


Evil GM

reflex save from flaiming sphere: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

the tumbleweed bush makes the save.


Evil GM

Bradan you hit the tangleweed swarm but it doesn't look like it did any damage.

know nature:
You've heard of tangleweed swarms (they look like tumbleweed) and they have high camouflage abilities since they look like tumbleweeds. They have entangling vines that grasp at creatures caught in the swarm. A creature that begins its turn in a swarm’s space or moves through the swarm moves at half speed until it exits the swarm.

Entrap (Ex) At the beginning of the swarm’s turn, all creatures inside its space must make a DC 14 Strength or Escape Artist check or become entrapped. If a creature fails a second saving throw against this ability, it is completely entrapped by tangleweed vines, cannot breathe (forcing it to hold its breath or suffocate), and takes 1d3 points of
damage at the beginning of its turn.

Tangleweed swarms entangle creatures they encounter and twist their vines to lash down one of their opponents, at which point they begin to strangle the them.

Bradan:

Traits: A swarm has no clear front or back and no discernible anatomy, so it is not subject to critical hits or flanking. A swarm made up of Tiny creatures takes half damage from slashing and piercing weapons. A swarm composed of Fine or Diminutive creatures is immune to all weapon damage. Reducing a swarm to 0 hit points or less causes it to break up, though damage taken until that point does not degrade its ability to attack or resist attack. Swarms are never staggered or reduced to a dying state by damage. Also, they cannot be tripped, grappled, or bull rushed, and they cannot grapple an opponent.

A swarm is immune to any spell or effect that targets a specific number of creatures (including single-target spells such as disintegrate), with the exception of mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms) if the swarm has an Intelligence score and a hive mind. A swarm takes half again as much damage (+50%) from spells or effects that affect an area, such as splash weapons and many evocation spells.


Evil GM

Aggrah you can definitely catch one of the tangleweed swarms. If you want to try for two you are going to catch most of your party.

Poke poke you are certain you hit the creature several times, but for the life of you, you don't see any damage.


Evil GM

Initiative order: RD 1
Beorn - knocks on door
Tumbleweed Swarms - attacks Poke and Aggrah
Ulfrec - flaming sphere but the TW made the reflex save
Bradan - hit
Calain - stepped up and missed
Dr Tes
Poke - hit but doesn't appear to do damage and wiggled free

Dr Tes you are up

Updated RD 1 Battle Map


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah will web the closest swarm dc16


Evil GM
Aggrah the White Witch wrote:
Aggrah will web the closest swarm dc16

The web shoots out at the tangleweed swarm. You'll either get Dr Tes or Beorn in the web. I assume you will pick Dr Tes since his refex should be higher. The mad did not take the grid lines well but you would be able to get far enough away that a casting defensively is not necessary.

reflex swarm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Oops... Sorry Tes

1,601 to 1,650 of 1,850 << first < prev | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.