Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


101 to 150 of 1,377 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter HP: 18/19 AC19/12/17, F5/R2/W1, Perception: +2, Init:+2; CMD:17; CMB+5

Calain liked this newcomer. At least he had manners.
Pay no attention to the Goblin. Speaking to it only encourages the little beast. Such a creature would be put down without a second thought in any goodly town, bit unfortunately it is travelling in the same direction as the Dr and I. Though if it knows what's good for it, it will keep it's hands and blades to itself. I would refer to its gender but honestly I can't tell what it is, nor do I generally care to ask. My travelling companion, is Dr Zestalim Yes and a far better linguist than the grunter here, though he has far more tolerant standards when it comes to his friends....

Calain trailed off then to let the Elf talk.
He had resolved to ignore the Goblin, as was his practice in Orctown. He hated that the wretched thing actually fit in better in that place than he did, further reinforcement that he had made the right decision to return home.


Evil GM

Scene: Bron and Boern

The caravan arrives at Fentonville late morning and you notice the town is abuzz with activity. The population has swelled with caravans, vendors, and nearby farmers/hunters who have recently arrived. Nothing like an early Spring day coupled with a good execution to create a carnival situation.

To the casual eye Fentonville looks to be quite progressive with it's racial tolerance. Here minitours walk with elves, dwarves and goblins and orcs freely exchange commerce. In Fentonville they welcome all, even drow, as long as every visitor is willing to sacrifice their life for the defense of the town. The guards at the Northern Gate stop the caravan:

"All those who value the law and are tolerate of others are welcome. Those who have chaos or evil in their heart turn around now and avoid an untimely death. We seek that you All pledge to defend the walls should we be attacked." You've never seen anything like this before...a pledge to defend the town in order to enter. The guard then goes ahead and takes the names and marks for all who desire to enter the town.

You can make knowledge local if you have it.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

Hearing Calain, Poke Poke starts laughing out loud

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Grumpy Lumpkin you actully made a joke. Keep hands and blades to myself. HAHAHA Lucky for you Grumpy, Poke Poke didn't or dead longshanks would be eating you right now."


HP 18/18 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+3/ R+3/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim -1

greetings carolers in the night. Aggrah raises her mask keeping an eye on the human in particular watching for his reaction to her greenskin. The little one she knows what to watch for mischief and mayhem, hopefully not the overly malicious variety.

did I hear there's a doctor among you? Aggrah asks eagerly


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

"Yeah, This is Doctor Tes he says motioning to the elf and I'm Poke Poke Esquire, his barrister. The fat one he motions toward the large brooding human is Grump Lumpkins. He is always in a bad mood. He doesn't like singing and dancing. Who you be?"

Calain your a larger frame than the Dr., so Poke Poke say your fat. Your clearly not as fat as the dwarves that show up at Orctown.


HP 18/18 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+3/ R+3/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim -1

I'm Aggrah from (insert fictional hill top) traveling through fentonville on my way to Orctown. I do like singing and dancing particularly under the stars... Even though I'm not very good


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

"I'm called Bradan. Bradan Finn, if you want to be all formal and such. And I cant speak to singing and dancing, not much of either happening out in the forest where I live."

Bradan scratches his head as the goblin continues.

"Did you say...barrister? Like, someone who argues in front of a judge and writes contracts and such? And hes a doctor, like who does surgery and makes medicine and heals folks?"

"Fascinating. "


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

"Yes, thank you, Mr. Poke! I am Doctor Zestelim Tes, though not one of medicine (though I do enjoy pharmaceuticals), a Doctor of Words! I write about topics for the world to know! Of late, I've been enamoured of Orctown, from whence we proceed to watch the slaying of some a~!@%+~ and enjoy the local culture, such as it is!"


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard2HP(20)23/23/Init+1F+2R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Know-local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Beorn is somewhat wary about this, an oath to defend the town? Protecting against an attack is common sense, but he didn't want to have to be committed to anything.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

"As to my attorney's use of "it," in more enlightened cultures gender is not assumed, especially cross-species. Spend as much time at a dwarven nunnery as I have and you'd learn that fast! "it" is a neutral, non-assumptive alternative. The bigot human proves my point."


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

Deep gasp. "Now, furthermore to the topic of dancing, I say it separates us from the undead. I've never seen a zombie lambada. All forms of life seek intoxication, but undeath. Ptui! Boring! Say, anyone have whiskey? I feel a thirst after slaying the wretches with my counsel!"


Beorn the Divine wrote:
Beorn is somewhat wary about this, an oath to defend the town? Protecting against an attack is common sense, but he didn't want to have to be committed to anything.

An officer steps in and adds, "For those of you who are new...or unfamiliar with Fentonville's recent history." He pauses making sure he has everyone's attention. "Fentonville has been attacked by hordes of undead and demons from the abyss. From in the air..." his hand waves over head, "and from the land. It was terrifying but we came TOGETHER to defend this town. That is why everyone pledges to defend this GREAT town, if the need arises. That is the price for admission." You can see that for a town there are fortified walls made with stone, earth, metal, and there are numerous guards walking about the walls.


Evil GM

Dr. Tes, Poke, Calain, Aggrah, and Bradan I'm going to assume that you've decided to camp the for night and travel to Fentonville.

As you approach the southern gate you can see the town is heavily fortified. There are stone and metal walls along with a series of earthen defensive positions. There are armed guards everywhere, more than you'd expect for a town.

There is a guard who recites a well rehearsed statement.

All those who value the law and are tolerant of others are welcome. Those who have chaos or evil in their heart turn around now and avoid an untimely death. We seek that you All pledge to defend the walls should we be attacked." Since all but Aggrah has been here before this is not an unusual request for you. All but Aggrah know that Fentonville was recently attacked by undead hordes and demons a few months ago. The town still stands for two reasons: 1) the Heroes of Fentonville, and 2) because the town came together to fight.

The guard then goes ahead and takes the names and marks for all who desire to enter the town.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter HP: 18/19 AC19/12/17, F5/R2/W1, Perception: +2, Init:+2; CMD:17; CMB+5

Calain didn't recognise the guard, for he had left his his father to Orctown not long after it was settled and the death toll in these times meant a regular rotation of soldiers and guardsmen.

The Oath was not unfamiliar to him however and he took it without hesitation. He almost asked then and there where to sign up for service, for he intended to break into the already cornered Smith market by garnering a reputation as warrior first.

To simply open up a shop, with his father's pedigree, a man who was known for cheap reliable farm tools, would commit him to mediocrity and he had every intention of vastly outstripping his father's legacy.

For now he kept quiet, the execution would be soon and after things had calmed down he could sort his next move, he still had a bit of his savings (subconsciously checking his coinpouch in case the goblin had filched it) and could enjoy being back a day or two.

The man speaks true, do not be afraid to swear, Goblin, for even YOUR kind are given free reign here as long as your words are genuine. This is one of the few places where pure necessity gives all races the chance to lift themselves above the sins of their ancestors.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

Bradan raises his hand and swears honestly to defend the town.

"I reaffirm my oath to defend Fentonville, as Erastil watches. "

He moves in with the others and addresses the newcomers.

"So, you guys know anything about this captain fella they're gonna hang? I think I've heard the name before, but we literally live out in the woods."

He breaks off to head down and sell his pelts, assuming the markets are still open before the trial.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard2HP(20)23/23/Init+1F+2R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

A NOT UNREASONABLE REQUEST IN LIGHT OF PAST EVENTS! I BEORN THE DIVINE AGREE TO DEFEND THE TOWN FROM DANGER!


HP 18/18 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+3/ R+3/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim -1

Somewhat disappointed to find that Tes is not a REAL doctor, but unless his mouth is spewing pure bat guano seems like a well traveled individual. Aggrah has no experience with the world outside her hilltop and finds the eloquent purportedly
Well traveled "Dr" interesting.

The next day in town Aggrah quickly raises her hand
I will defend the town

Responding to Bradans question about the captain
I've heard he is a pirate but don't know any details.

Aggrah accompanies Bradan to the market to sell her wares


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

"As a sister city to Orctown, Fentonville has my word I would defend it."


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

"Yeah, yeah, sure thing Poke Poke will help out."


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

I am willing to defend Fentonville if any came to assault the town, undead or not.


Evil GM

Bron and Beorn arrive through the northern gate while the others come into town through the southern gate.

Everyone is met with a joyous carnival atmosphere. Your noses twitch with excitement from the aromas of cooking meats, pies, and breads. There are vendors hawking all sorts of goods and services to anyone who appears to have an extra coin in their purse. A mix of performers including jugglers, shell game operators, orators, and theatrical troupes have stations as far as the eye can see.

Then you notice Gilly for the first time. She commands respect and everyone's attention from a raised platform. There are numerous townfolk surrounding the platform waiting for the execution. Among those you notice is large ogre (many of you know this is Meath'd), along with an orc (Mother) and several goblins. They have several picnic baskets surrounding their area. The ogre is on his back munching on dead rat, the tail looks like a piece of spaghetti being slurped up. An orc playfully teases him a pickled stirge, as she lowers it to his lips then quickly pulls it way. Meanwhile, several of the goblins are rolling around and playing with fire.

Gilly Revealed

what is everyone going to do?


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

The smells of food cooking brings a rumble to Poke Poke's belly. It had been atleast an hour since he had eaten, maybe longer.

"He Doctor hold up." he says as he stops at a street vendor grilling up some sort of unidentifiable meet

"How much?"


"For you guud creature this rare treat is only 4 coppers. That includes the choicest tail meat in town."


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

sense motive as to if its a good deal?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


HP 18/18 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+3/ R+3/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim -1

Aggrah goes about trying to find more information on the prisoner who is scheduled for execution today. What'd he do? Is everyone in agreement that he deserves it etc?


Male Human Fighter HP: 18/19 AC19/12/17, F5/R2/W1, Perception: +2, Init:+2; CMD:17; CMB+5
merchants wrote:
"For you guud creature this rare treat is only 4 coppers. That includes the choicest tail meat in town."

Calain wasn't sure if it was the atmosphere or simply his elation to finally be home. But he didn't anticipate seeing the Doctor, Poke Poke or Orctown again. He did not wish to leave a grudge behind his back (at least more than he needed to) and since he still had around 100gp in his purse he was feeling generous.

Stepping in front of the Goblin he hands over three gold and says, We'll take 6. Have a lovely afternoon

He hands 2 each to the Goblin and the Elf.
While I am elated to be back in the place of my Birth, I cannot deny Orctown was never boring and served to help my father's lot in life to know end. I will not be returning with you. And so thankyou for your company on my return home.

With that, Calain resolved to wander among the crowd and enjoy the afternoon and the atmosphere. Perhaps he might find a friendly face in the crowd he recognised....


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

Poke Poke greatfully takes the meety treats.

"Thanks Grumpy, you're not half bad."

Poke Poke continues onward with the Doctor


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard2HP(20)23/23/Init+1F+2R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Pardon, is Gilly that guillotine? Beron seems to have toned down his voice.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

Tes shrugs. "Humans, amiright? So, faithful.Mr. Poke, as my attourney what do you suggest we do first?"


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

"Lemme go see a man about a pelt, then I'll come back and watch. Its not every day we see something like this, right?"

Bradan moves around, looking for someone hes worked with before to offload his winter wolf pelt.

Stopping by a vendor to get some meat on a stick, he finds himself back where the others are looking at the guillotine.

"So, any news? Did they start the big event yet?"


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

"Besides eating these taste treats? Maybe we go watch the main event. Though while we are here, Poke Poke needs go to the book place and eat a couple books and get more law words.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

"As always, Mr. Poke your insight is key. A shop of books! Someone always knows where the good drugs are at a bookstore!"


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

"Wait a minute...you eat books to learn law words? That cant really be how you gain education, can it?"

Bradan looks at the pair of rogues askance, chewing on his meat-on-a-stick.

"You're pulling my leg, right?"


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

Poke Poke looks at the longshanks inquisitively
"Well, if you read them then they steal your words, but eating them you steal them's words. He looks over at the Doctor That's why longshank be dumb."


Evil GM

Everyone can make a perception check for me. If anyone has knowledge local and/or diplomacy please make a roll for me.


Beorn the Divine wrote:
Pardon, is Gilly that guillotine? Beron seems to have toned down his voice.

"Yes it is." There's a bit of excitement in his response. "After the town was attack, General Korg and Mayor Feathertown, saw fit to ensure law and order in town. The good mayor invested in Gilly." He smiles, "My brother helped to erect the platform she stands on." he proudly announces. "Crime and banditry has plummeted."


Calain wrote:

Stepping in front of the Goblin he hands over three gold and says, We'll take 6. Have a lovely afternoon

The vendor gawks at the coin, "T..T,,Th...Thank you." She composes herself. "If you want any other goods or services, let me know. I know where to get the bestest of everything." She winks.


Evil GM
Aggrah the White Witch wrote:
Aggrah goes about trying to find more information on the prisoner who is scheduled for execution today. What'd he do? Is everyone in agreement that he deserves it etc?

Make a perception, diplomacy and history check for me.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
knowledge local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


HP 18/18 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+3/ R+3/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim -1

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
diplomacy : 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11
history : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10(+2 vs humans)
Kn(local) only applies to humans): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Aggrah

Aggrah the only thing you are able to overhear are two merchants discussing that Captain Bloody Jack is a known pirate, who made a fortune over the years robbing honest merchants and seaside ports. they seem to be excited that he is going to die soon. Good Riddance is the general sentiment.


Bradan

"My Lord son...did yeh stab yerself in the eye? Does this look like a tanner? This is a fine dressmaker...git those smelly things out of 'ere or I'll call the guard in fer disrupting the peace." She gestures wildily overhead, "And take that beady-eyed goblin with you." she points at Poke Poke who has juicy sauce smeared over on his face.

She yells as you leave, "And take a bath!"


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

"Uh...no...a bear bit me. Sorry, my mistake, thought someone else was selling here..."

Bradan looks down at PokePoke and shrugs.

"I ain't that stinky."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard2HP(20)23/23/Init+1F+2R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Interesting! I have heard ships are named after women but guillotines? What interesting customs.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Know-Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Know-History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

perc: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Dr. Tes

The esteemed Dr of Words gets sidetracked as Bradan and Poke walk into the dressmaker's shop. Several people are standing around shooting the breeze.

"The rascal was finally caught. Too bad it wasn't in his hideout."

"They say he wouldn't give up his hoard. They even offered mercy from Gilly if he would talk."

"At least his band is leaderless. They will turn on themselves quick enough...gold does that to a person."

"Glad they convicted 'im, chop off 'is head and lets be ride of scoundrel."

"Crime doesn't pay here or in Foggy Lake.'

-----

A second group of people talk.

"The trial was quick and clean. He was found guilty."

"May Mr. Turner's soul rest in peace. Now, his widow will now be able to rest easy when she heads back to her Manor house.."

-----


Beorn

"You should go get yourself a good spot."


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22
Bradan Finn wrote:


Bradan looks down at PokePoke and shrugs.

"I ain't that stinky."

"Not at all." Poke Poke say winking at Bradan

101 to 150 of 1,377 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.