Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


201 to 250 of 1,730 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

General Korg signals for the attendants to raise Gilly once again. After a few moments the blade is ready to drop.

"Ccccuuuuuuurssssssssssssssssssse you."

the blade is released and it completes it's function. The convicted murdering pirate's head bounces into a basket but then it flops out. The face has a horrific twisted smile and the blood shot eyes peer towards the beer vendor's cart.

1 Aggrah
2 Dr Tes
3 Bradan
4 Poke
5 Bron
6 Calain
7 Beorn

lucky character: 1d7 ⇒ 3

Bradan please make a Will save.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Ugh. Of course.

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Well, it was nice knowing you guys.


Evil GM

Everyone see's Bradan collapse to the ground, his body shakes and spasms as his eyes roll back.

Bradan:
You collapse unconscious. It feels as if you've been whacked upside the skull with a club. Your body convulses, trembles and aches as you visibly age. You gain streaks of grey in your hair and beard.

yrs aged: 1d7 ⇒ 2

Mentally you're besieged by a vicious nightmare. A headless horseman riding a massive black stallion is tracking you down, your stride is long, but it feels as if you are running in quicksand. The horseman is dragging seven heads behind it: Calain, Beorn, Bron, Poke Poke, Dr Tes, Aggrah, and then there's another head of person you do not recognize. The harder you run the closer the headless horseman gets. Until finally...you wake up from your fit.

His hair begins to take on a streak of grey.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

perc: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"Pretty dull blade"


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Everyone see's Bradan collapse to the ground, his body shakes and spasms as his eyes roll back.

** spoiler omitted **

His hair begins to take on a streak of grey.

"Hey Stinky, you OK?


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

My goodness! What has happened to that fellow?


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Craft Weapons to know how Gilloutines should work and blade info: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

By the Gods...what the hells happened?

Calain reflexively readied his Polearm as the head looks towards the group struggling to comprehend what he was seeing before him.
He knew there were real horrors in the world. That God's and Monsters really existed, but this was the first time he'd personally seen an impossible event.
The man should have died on first strike but didn't, now the Ranger looked visibly worn and Gray as if it had been caused by magic or pure fear...


Evil GM

Calain based on your rolls you can read the two spoilers attacked to a previous post.

Link to prior guillotine posts

You are correct this is unlike anything you've ever witnessed before. The guillotine sure did look all new and fancy and sharp before it was used. Now it looks like it's poorly maintained and decrepit.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Whoa..."

Bradan sits up gingerly, rubbing his face and scalp and smacking a mouth suddenly gummy dry.

"What the heck just happened? The prisoner just looked at me, and then...something like a horseman chasing me down, dragging all your severed heads behind him..."

He shudders and pulls his knees up to his chest, hugging his arms around then.

"Did they get him? What in the world is happening?"


Evil GM

How are the characters reacting to what happened? What are your suggestions on what you are going to do?


Evil GM

I won't be on till late afternoon today, I'm heading to the golf course.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

The white witch notices something very odd with the guillotine blade and then Bradan sees Bradan attacked....by what? the Creeper curse?????

BRADAN

She rushes to his side examing the poor man as he thrashes about in a seizure. AIRWAY AIRWAY ...help me she yells at whoever is nearby roll him onto his side in case he vomits. We don't want him choking on it.

Once that is done she begins her examination.
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Detect magic
heal: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Did he just put a curse on you my good man? We must get to a priest and see if something has happened!


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"I dunno what happened. The prisoner locked eyes with me, and next thing I know I'm being chased by a fied on horseback, with heads dragging along behind it. And now I feel like hammered crap, like I drank a whole bucket of dwarven whiskey."


Evil GM

AGGRAH

You act fast and get Bradan safely on his side. You're so focused on his airway you don't notice anything except the seizure. You try to open his mouth so he doesn't bite his tongue but stab in with a long nail in the eye.

There's nothing magical happening to him and he doesn't have any magical gear.


Evil GM

Bron and Calain what you doing as Bradan collapses on the ground in a seizure.

Bron:
I know you are new to online gaming and I want to make sure you are keeping pace. As you can see, I post a lot. The more you post the more action, I will direct towards your character. If the posting rate is bit overwhelming let me know and I'll slow things down as it relates to your character.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Dr. Tes briefly wonders if he had eaten some of those delightful Orctown mushrooms, but it was clear everyone else was witnessing what would have been one terrible trip. He approaches the severed head, detecting magic.


Evil GM

Dr. Tes approaches the platform and Gilly. The crowd closest to the platform has disbursed as they generally feat being cursed. Gen. Korg and Mayor Featherton are huddled together with another guard. They appear to be in a heated conference. Dr. Tes you don't detect magic on the head but there is plenty of magic coming from those leaders on the platform.

A second guard spots you as you approach and he heads you off before you can get too close. "Stay back."

Dr. Tes you can make perception check if you'd like. Perhaps you can hear a bit of what's happening.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke follows the Doctor dagger out ready to finish the job Gilly couldn't

perc incase: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:

Poke Poke follows the Doctor dagger out ready to finish the job Gilly couldn't

LOL! I have a vision of Dr Tes giving Poke Poke a boost onto the platform then Poke Poke sawing off the head.


Evil GM

Dr Tes:
You over hear: "Yes, she's safe...right now. She was escorted back to Fort Karnog Inn."

You observe:
Gilly's blade looks badly damaged.
The decapitated body has bled out.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Put something in his mouth so he doesn't bite his tongue off! Beorn puts a mostly fresh sock into his mouth


"Here son...have drink. It'll take the edge off." He passes a pint to Bradan.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Bron reels back in surprise and yells,

BY IEMODAE'S SWORD WHAT THE BLOODY HELLS JUST HAPPENED!

He looks around to see if any one looks suspicious.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Evil GM

Bron you notice quite a few people gathered around staring at the human who's flopping around like fish out of water. His body violently shakes. Beorn and a lady, who you just met over a pint, are attending the man. He finally stops trembling and comes to his senses. You can hear him ramble about a headless horseman dragging your head behind it. Once Bradan mentions the vision, most the townies scatter. Other than that you don't see much else that looks suspicious.

You can make a heal check if you'd like to help tend to Bradan.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain moves to inspect the Gulloutine closer. The man fitting on the ground was obviously we'll attended by the Orc woman and what he was beginning to assume was an acolyte of the inheritor.
There was nothing Calain could offer the man, so he moved cautiously to look at the blade.

It had been in pristine condition before it had been used. Now the sections that had touched the pirate looked as if it hadn't been maintained in decades.

He kept a distance back from the body.
He remarked to the Doctor and Poke poke.
Look at the blade. Rusted and charred and the heavy burrs on it...It looks like it was dropped on rocks many times. Could the captain have had some magic about him?


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

The Mayor breaks away from his discussion and approaches the edge of the platform. He looks down at the half-elf, goblin, and human. "Who would you be? What interest do you have with the deceased?" He pauses and shakes his head, "C...Ca..Calain is that you? How's your father doing and who are your friends? I didn't know you came back to town, what it's been...two years at least."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Hmm.. I wonder if I should ask for leeches.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Walter Featherton, NPC, gnome wrote:
The Mayor breaks away from his discussion and approaches the edge of the platform. He looks down at the half-elf, goblin, and human. "Who would you be? What interest do you have with the deceased?" He pauses and shakes his head, "C...Ca..Calain is that you? How's your father doing and who are your friends? I didn't know you came back to town, what it's been...two years at least."

Calain blushes at the Mayor's recognition. The mayor, ever the diplomat was generally kind to everyone (what man who counted on election votes wasn't?) but the fact he actually remembered his name meant something to the young man.

More than once the Mayor had bypassed the finer Smith's in town to throw some work his father's way. Never weapons to be sure, but the Mayor always seemed to appear with some business for his father just when they were on the verge of starving, "The town hall needs a knew wrought iron gate" or ordering manacles for the jail.

He is extremely well, thankyou Sir. Your suggestion he set up the first Orctown smithy proved excellent advice. With none other to fabricate the Orc demands for farm tools and blades, he has done very well.

He held his hands wide and turned a circle to let the Gnome view his self forged masterwork armour.
Forged by myself but father paid coin for every drop of steel. My interest lies in coming home. For good. My company however travelled with me here.


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

He smiles atthe goblin and half-elf, Meath'ds crew....that makes sense."

"Well unfortunately, you arrived with this show." He seems flabbergasted on how to describe what just happened. He gathers himself quickly, Smithy you say? Yes, nice looking armor. Can you climb on up here and help us look at Gilly. We just don't know what happened with the blade. She was new." He waves you forward.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke follows Calain and the Doctor up on ot the platform. Wanting to make extra sure what ever strangeness this longshanks had ended, he stabs the body a few extra times.

perc to notice anything odd while stabbing the body: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

man my dice are cursed


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Walter Featherton, NPC, gnome wrote:

He smiles atthe goblin and half-elf, Meath'ds crew....that makes sense."

"Well unfortunately, you arrived with this show." He seems flabbergasted on how to describe what just happened. He gathers himself quickly, Smithy you say? Yes, nice looking armor. Can you climb on up here and help us look at Gilly. We just don't know what happened with the blade. She was new." He waves you forward.

Calain accepted the invite and came forward. He could scarcely believe his first day back. Horrible events but the Mayor involving him in helping in any way could only aid in his coming home. No doubt onlookers might already be tacking note the most important man in town was calling for his help in this eerie event. Calain could not let the opportunity slip.

Doctor Tes, would you come look at this. Note the rear sections towards the fixture of the blade is not as decayed as the section that cut the pirates neck, almost as if what damaged the razors edge was a radiating effect that lessend further from the wound. Heat or cold does this, but the edge appears eaten away as if by rust or acid. Blood should not do this. Are you able to garner if the Captain has any magic lingering on the body?


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn helps Bradan up.Are you feeling better? You had quite the case of shakes there.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Yeah, I feel okay now. Kinda like after a two day drinking party, but okay. What happened? Was there some kind of spell or magic or something?"

Bradan stands to his feet, a bit wobbly but under his own power.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Undoubtedly magic. But I have little knowledge of spells and so we must find someone who can answer those questions.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

I can't detect the taint of any foul magic on him.... But having said that I truly have no idea


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Let's just make sure there aren't any other symptoms from whatever that was.

Bron examines Brandan head to toe to see if there were any other symptoms that may have come down from his seizure.

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"No lingering magic on the late pirate. Truly odd, never seen the like! How amazing! I'm going to get a whole other pamphlet out of this! And the widow they're so concerned about," Tes says, jerking his head at the minotaur and the mayor.


Bron, Beorn, and Bradan the crowd around you have dispersed nd the beer vendor is closing up his cart. "Well enough entertainment for me today....yes siree. Gotta go." He point towards a building on a small rise, "Good room at Fort Karnog Inn. That seems to be where Mrs. Turner is heading at least." he waves at you. "Hope you get over the fits...that looks like a terrible affliction."


Evil GM

Aggrah, Poke poke, Dr Tes, and Calain.

As you exam the platform and Gilly closer it looks like the blade has rusted away and the areas where Capt Jack spilled blood are definitely weakened, as if low-grade acid spilled on it.

The evidence reveals ragged slices on the deceased body and neck. His eyes are completely red now and his skin is nearly translucent.

There doesn't appear to have any magical effects which is odd because the mayor does tell you the blade was blessed with a keen ability. It's as if all the magic was drained from Gilly.

----

Several of you do notice Mrs. Turner is being escorted back to Fort Karnog Inn. She seems to be staying close to dwarf and a wolf.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Well, I think a room and a real meal sounds good. And if we can talk to the widow, even better."

Bradan gathers up his stuff, then moves stiffly towards the Fort Karnog Inn.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Does anything happen to Poke Poke's daggers as he stabs the body?


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

The dwarf walks steadily and seems to carry a bucket, of all things... but, it does not detract from his weapons and hide armor, peeking out from beneath his gray and brown, stone colored cloak. Clearly evident is battle axe, a sickle and several darts.

As if he feels eyes upon him, he hazards a glance over his shoulder... his own gray gimlet eye, judging Braden and any who would follow the widow Turner. Satisfied there is no immediate threat, he turns his head back forwards scanning left and right.

The wolf turns its head, sniffing once... and resumes his easy gait, effortlessly keeping pace with the dwarf and widow.


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:
Does anything happen to Poke Poke's daggers as he stabs the body?

Poke as you stick the body with your dagger the tip of the blade dulls. Are you sticking the body with two daggers? Are you only poking more than once with the dagger?


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Poke Poke wrote:
Does anything happen to Poke Poke's daggers as he stabs the body?
Poke as you stick the body with your dagger the tip of the blade dulls. Are you sticking the body with two daggers? Are you only poking more than once with the dagger?

both multiple times. I assume by maybe tbe third time too daul to penetrate?


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
baldwin the merciful wrote:


As you exam the platform and Gilly closer it looks like the blade has rusted away and the areas where Capt Jack spilled blood are definitely weakened, as if low-grade acid spilled on it.

The evidence reveals ragged slices on the deceased body and neck. His eyes are completely red now and his skin is nearly translucent.

There doesn't appear to have any magical effects which is odd because the mayor does tell you the blade was blessed with a keen ability. It's as if all the magic was drained from Gilly.

Well I am afraid I am at a loss Mayor, if you had presented this blade to me without context, I would say someone had poured acid over the blade and then blunted the edge with a hammer or used it on a rock. After seeing the execution, my answer would be either magic or that the captain wasn't human. As to what kind of magic or what kind of creature, I have no idea. I am not trained in such things. I could repair the Guillotine given a forge and time however if you wish to salvage the device.

Calain wasn't really interested in repairing the Gillotine, but it was worth letting the Mayor know he still intended to be a smith. This was too early to in his plan to garner some local fame before opening in the market, but he would plant the seed. For now he needed to put his blades to use.

I am interested however in helping with the investigation if you wish to get to the bottom of it, Mayor. The good doctor and even the Goblin, are both quite resourceful with finding information in just the kind of circles the Pirate would have run in. Unless you have preferred investigators available, these two might he available to help the hunt and I'd gladly let my blades to their protection during the effort for the sake of the town.
Doctor? Pokepoke? If you are not otherwise pressed, are you available?

This might be a gamble, but Fentonville had known conflict for many years and given the recent larger scale attacks that had been fended off by the towns guards and Fentonville's hero's, he hoped the Mayor was just paraniod enough not to let an unusual incident like this possibly give rise to something bigger if left unchecked.


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Poke Poke wrote:
Does anything happen to Poke Poke's daggers as he stabs the body?
Poke as you stick the body with your dagger the tip of the blade dulls. Are you sticking the body with two daggers? Are you only poking more than once with the dagger?
both multiple times. I assume by maybe tbe third time too daul to penetrate?

Yeah after the second time, I doubt you'd want to poke it again. Otherwise, you'll risk suffering the broken condition. The tip of one of your blades looks pretty beat up.

Aggrah, poke, Calain, and Dr Tes if you have knowledge nature make roll.


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

Oh...that's good of you offering your smithy talents. Perhaps, I'll take you up on that when you open a shop."[/]b he glances over at the goblin who has been jabbing at the body. Then he looks at Aggrah and Dr. Tes, [b]'yes, why don't we adjourn over to the Inn," He waves over to Fort Karnog Inn "we can have tankard and discuss an employment contract."

201 to 250 of 1,730 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.