Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,653 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

weight restrictions until Poke Poke gets a haversack


Evil GM

DMPC Calain

Calain will ruffle around in his backpack and pull out the two flask of oil. He hands a flask to both rogues. "Here make yourselves useful...for once...and splash the flies." His eyebrow raises skeptically at the loafers.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
baldwin the merciful wrote:

DMPC Calain

Calain will ruffle around in his backpack and pull out the two flask of oil. He hands a flask to both rogues. "Here make yourselves useful...for once...and splash the flies." His eyebrow raises skeptically at the loafers.

Thanks for that. Fly in today so been up since 2.30am. So tired.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke looks at the bottle the grumpy human handed him. "Poke Poke guesses saving Grumpy multiple times isn't useful. Don't worry Poke Poke save you once again."

splash flies: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

With the immediate threat vanquished, Geri returns to Ulfrec's side.

Ulfrec stabilize: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn tries to look for dry branches to use
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Poke Poke wrote:

Poke Poke looks at the bottle the grumpy human handed him. "Poke Poke guesses saving Grumpy multiple times isn't useful. Don't worry Poke Poke save you once again."

[Dice=splash flies]1d20+5

Calain looks quizzically at the Goblin before answering sac=rcastically. Saving someone infers placing yourself in danger for another. I didn't need your help against the Zombie and you all drew steel in a barfight that didn't require it. Hit the flies and I'll count this one.

The broad human does actually manage a smile this time. The goblin was an annoying, sneaking wretch but he hadn't betrayed them yet which was more than the Fighter had expected.

It was however, still early in the groups journey......


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Are we ready to engage in bug burning? Beorn's voice sounds hoarse. Plus can someone help Ulfrec? I fear that I am no healer.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

splash attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15"Ayyyyyup!"


HP 26/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

last round Aggrah cast a CLW on Ulfrec and doesn't have any more of those available so she'll administer some first aid: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Hold still. It's just a flesh wound


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Oh, I missed that! Danke!

Ulfrec stirs...


Evil GM

Poke Poke and Dr Tes both manage to direct hit and splash the fly swarms with oil.

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4, plus 50%

The swarm has been splashed with two flasks of oil. it does not like the fire and the swarm moves higher up and out of the tree (and harms way)

Oil, Alchemist’s Fire:

You can throw a flask of alchemist’s fire as a splash weapon with a range increment of 10 feet.

A direct hit deals 1d6 points of fire damage. Every creature within 5 feet of the point where the flask hits takes 1 point of fire damage from the splash. On the round following a direct hit, the target takes an additional 1d6 points of damage. If desired, the target can use a full-round action to attempt to extinguish the flames before taking this additional damage. Extinguishing the flames requires a DC 15 Reflex save. Rolling on the ground provides the target a +2 bonus on the save. Leaping into a lake or magically extinguishing the flames automatically smothers the fire.


Evil GM

The combat is over, at least for the time being, as the swarm of flies move away from the fire threat. What are you going to do?

Initiative:

Swarm - moves higher and out over the water to avoid the threat.
Ulfrec -
Bradan -
Dr Tes
Calain -
Aggrah -
Beorn -
Bron
Poke Poke


HP 26/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Is there any way to knock the nest down? Sending one or two of us up there with the swarm in range doesn't seem like a great idea. Could we pull the nest down with ropes?


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Gettin' to his feet, I've had enuff o' the high life... One o' you bandy legged fellas gonna 'aff ta' go.

And, thanks ta'you wtchy-poo! The Shaman scratches the Wolf.


Evil GM

Ulfrec:
You don't think that hive is going to be "pulled" down, it was pretty solid. The best way to see the trinkets inside is to go back up into the tree.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"We can't stop here! This is swarm country!" Tes looks for cover ir an exit. perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

It seems that the bees have had enough of our flame, so we can safely abscond with our lives.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Keep an eye put for me, will ya?"

Bradan scrambles up the rope and ransacks the shiny bits in the hive while the swarm is away.

Climb if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Hey, toss me that torch, I'll set this thing alight and we can scram."

Once he has whatever was shiny inside, he tosses the torch in and slips down the rope before unslipping the knot and bringing the coil back.

"We should go. Fast. "


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

As Stinky starts up the rope Poke Ppke eyes where he's going. "Poke Poke might be a better choice to fit in small place. Poke Poke will come too."

climb: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Poke Poke scurries up the rope

acro to balance on branch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Walks the branch like it was a five foot hallway

acro to flip into the nest: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

And flips into hole of the nest

take 20 perc for shiney: 20 + 4 = 24


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain secures the boat as the doctor scrambled past.
I say leave the damn bugs and let's get back on track. I tire of this place and we have a mission still.

He Checks none of his gear has fallen from the boat in all the jostling about. How he wished they were out of the muck.
He was still in his breeches and the mosquitos and leeches were enjoying his blood he was sure....


Evil GM

Inside the hive you notice a husk of a figure hanging like a side of beef. On the ground are an assortment of bones, picked clean.

Loot:

gold ring (needs identified)
cloak (needs identified)
swamp boots
small boat figurine (needs identified)
msw longword, medium
+1 composite longbow +2 str (magical)
msw handaxe, medium (needs identified)
studded leather armor, medium
7 potions on a bandoleer (need identified)

assortment of coin: 14 pp, 29 gp, 112, sp


Evil GM

DMPC Bron:

The cleric provides two healing channels:

heal: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4) = 15

Then he states that he is going to trail behind and make sure the path has been marked, in case you have to return this way. With that he exits...


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Quite the find. Alas I know nothing of magic and so cannot determine what properties they have


HP 26/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Ok this is going to take a while

Loot:

gold ring (needs identified)
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

cloak (needs identified)
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

swamp boots

small boat figurine (needs identified)
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

msw longword, medium

+1 composite longbow +2 str (magical)
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

msw handaxe, medium (needs identified)
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

studded leather armor, medium

7 potions on a bandoleer (need identified)
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Whoever this fella was, his gear didnt do much for him against these bugs. Good thing you had those oil flasks, Calain, or we coulda been in the same situation."

Hauling down the gear and packing it up for now, Bradan looks skyward for any sign of the swarms return.

"We should go. No telling when that swarm'll be back."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Indeed, finding their lair destroyed will very much enrage it


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

how high up is the nest?


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:
how high up is the nest?

20-30 ft.


Evil GM
Aggrah the White Witch wrote:

Ok this is going to take a while

Loot:

gold ring (needs identified)
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 Not able to identify

cloak (needs identified)
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 +1 Cloak of resistance

swamp boots

small boat figurine (needs identified)
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 small swamp boat that can fit 4 medium humanoids

msw longword, medium

+1 composite longbow +2 str (magical)
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 +1 magical composite longbow with +2 strength rating

msw handaxe, medium (needs identified)
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 Not able to identify

studded leather armor, medium

7 potions on a bandoleer (need identified)
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 endure elements potion
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 cure light wouonds
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 cure light wounds
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 cure light wounds
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 remove disease
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 Not able to identify
[dice=spellcraft]1d20+8 cure mod wounds


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke eyes the ground and thinks briefly about just jumping, but thinks better of it.

acro to flip into the nest: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Poke Poke flips back on to the branch

acro to balance on branch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Walks the branch like it was a five foot hallway

climb: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Poke Poke scurries down the rope


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 26/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah relays the content of the loot haul to the group

A couple of these items are giving me a little trouble. I'll take a look at them again tomorrow. But of special note is this figurine which turns into a swamp boat for four people. And let me emphasize PEOPLE...it has an added safety feature which is a beady-eyed goblin ejector seat, activated of course when said goblin sits in the boat. So Poke-Poke will probably be safer in the canoe getting serenaded by Beorn

Let's pack up and get outa here before the swarm turns vicious
and with that Aggrah activates the swamp boat and climbs in before any ridiculous citing of the laws of dibs or shotgun can take place


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

We can certainly switch off if someone needs a rest.

DIBS!


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Aggrah the White Witch wrote:
And let me emphasize PEOPLE...

"Poke Poke suggests you takje the foo...er dog even though it's not Poke Poke makes finger quote people."

Poke Poke looks around for the dwarf. [B]"Hey, Shortshanks, your dog can ride with Poke Poke and Dr. Tes won't eat hom without you."[/d]


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"I dunno how the good doctor feels about long blades, but this sword is nicely balanced if hes itching for a heavier stroke. And if that bow is magical, perhaps I will set aside my own weapon in favor of it. For the time being, at least."

Bradan helps to stow everything, then climbs into the boat with the others.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain nods at the suggestion.
He was ok with the bow but the Ranger was clearly better.Keep it Bradan. No one else hear seems to favor it, though in this terrain I am reconsidering my options


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"If you'd like a ranged weapon, you are welcome to either one. I am practiced with my own bow, but I am sure you are strong enough to draw it."

Bradan is good with either way. Its best if everyone has at least some ranged option.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

All Good. I am adding a Barb level. Calain has a bow


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Perhaps a healing potion for each of our front line warriors?


Evil GM

Now the party consists of:

Bradan
ulfrec and Geri
Calain
Aggrah
Beorn
Dr Tes
Poke Poke

Where is everyone going to ride?


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan near the rear of the boat, since he can more easily shoot that way. Geri in the middle? And our two melee fighters near the front?


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

That order sounds good to me. We need a place to rest


Evil GM
Calain wrote:
That order sounds good to me. We need a place to rest

yes you do. if you have survival skills make a check to try to find a good spot.


HP 26/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah doesn't call "Dibs"... She just sat her butt down in the middle of the swamp boat, waiting for the boys to jump in and start paddling


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Survival, Swamp: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27

"I think I see a decent place for a camp over...there. Hey, when you look at this place, it doesnt seem half as bad as when we came here. I guess the stress and fire and whatnot just threw me off. Huh."

Bradan has his bow at the ready, and points to a likely campsite as they float along.


Evil GM

Bradan you do find a nice cozy location to set up camp. You see it has good drainage and the soil is dry - for the most part - and there are places to set up hammocks if you have one. The area is near the swamp but far enough away that you should be able to hear any alligators splashing about.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"The food ... er, the dog can ride with Poke Poke, Dr Tes, and Noisey since since pig nose lady no him around."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

I will defer to Bradan's judgement. My swamp knowledge is woefully lacking


Evil GM

Aggrah you can make spellcraft checks on those items you couldn't identify earlier.

What is the watch order? Is the following ok: Bradan, Calain, Ulfrec/Geri?

DM Sneaky stuff:

early fun: 1d100 ⇒ 11
midnight joy: 1d100 + 10 ⇒ (85) + 10 = 95
the last watch: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30

As you set up camp and before you start to rest is anyone doing anything special or specific?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Watch oder OK by me. Bradan can sleep in armor no problem now.

Bradan helps everyone set up as best they can, checking feet and boots, helping to clean leeches or other swamp critters off the crew.

"Don't neglect your socks and cuffs, people. Swamp rot and bug bites can be extra nasty, and a bad way to go."

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,653 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.