Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


451 to 500 of 1,746 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Evil GM
Beorn the Divine wrote:
Beorn goes over to the old man and casts Cure Light Wounds on him. Be well!

I moved you on the map to -B:9 on the map so you could tend to the old man.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfgar's eye narrow, as he focused on the oaf.

Your man there - the buggering friar, sounds reasonable enough. Any chance of you boys giving over all your coin and gear and we leave you with your sticks and stones intact?

For Gorzeh's sake lad, you're picking on a man smaller and older than you. Have some self respect, cur. Who's the dog now, or do ye prefer bein' yet boy's 'itch? Boris the Bit.., that it!?

Geri, having rarely seen this look in his brother's eye before, tilts his head, with a slight inquisitive canine sound. Something's up and it will soon be time to move.

Finally...

Let me know if that's over the top, R rated, antagonistic, etc... Or if that's just the kinda fun we're having!


Evil GM

Initiative Bloody Nightmare Game:

Braddan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Aggrah: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Calain: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Poke Poke: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Dr Tes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Bron: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Beorn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
ulfrec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

brawler: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
enemy cohorts: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Initiative Order:

Brawler
Poke Poke
Dr Tes
Aggrah
Braddan
enemy cohorts
Braddan
Calain
Ulfrec
Bron
Beorn

RD 1 Map

Before the situation completely breaks down into a barroom brawl, I'm going to give Calain, Bron, and Aggrah a little more time to interact with the scene. However, the initiative order is posted IF the conflict erupts.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6
baldwin the merciful wrote:
However, the initiative order is posted IF the conflict erupts.

Was it something I said? Hehe...


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

GORUM... nothing but worthless bloodthirsty brutes she whispers this not wanting to add fuel to the fire

Aggrah has no liking for Gorum or his followers and realizes this is about to deteriorate into a brawl.... But then she hears Tes cry out forgets all(mostly) about the impending fight....

Aggrah rushes over to the old man and gets there after Beorn has cast his healing magic and begins to examine the old man healing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Evil GM

Aggrah you witness the healing properties of Beorn's magic but you also smell anisette coming from the old man's drool.

Aggrah:
You suspect this is a poison.

The ole fellow's eyes remain closed and his breath is still ragged sounding but his heartbeat has stabilized.


Evil GM

I'm going to wait a bit longer for Bron and Calain to check-in.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah whispers to Tes and Beorn guys, I think he's been poisoned


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"POISON! WHAT FOUL COWARD WOULD POISON AN OLD HUMAN?"


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Guessing that one with the dagger, by the door... Poison and daggers, daggers and poison. He's looking the most shifty of the lot.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Well, lads. What say you? Did you poison the old fella, and if so, why?"

Bradan slides his chair back slightly, ready to move up back at a moments notice.


Evil GM

"Your crews the only one touchin' the old geezer. Laws gonna be after you." one of the swordsman states.
"why'd you do it...they all see you." there are a few murmurs from people looking into the backroom from the main tavern.

One of the bar patrons exclaims, "Did you curse 'em?" You all can sense that the mood from within the tavern is turning panicky and most of the patrons are looking at you suspiciously.

You can make a perception check. I still want to hold out beginning initiative until I get a reaction from Bron and Calain. If they don't post by tomorrow, I'll DMPC them.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Poison?! I was concerned with his fainting and rushed to help him, using the blessings from The Songbird, Shelyn to aid his recovery.


Evil GM

Everyone make a perception check.


Evil GM

"Gobo's use poison." Everyone looks at the Poke Poke.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

perc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

still stealthing: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:
"Gobo's use poison." Everyone looks at the Poke Poke.

maybe looked to where he was


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 (+2 vs humans)


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Sorry for the late post. Bron and I have been having a weekend away with his grandparents.

Having heard enough of this exchange and knew this was only going in one direction, plus having signed an earlier contract with the mayor giving some legitimacy to his enquiries decided to sieze the initiative.

He steps into A7 to stand squarely in front of the man in A8. He kept his weapons away (fighting at range would be difficult here and he was wearing his Cesti anyway)

Sorting a pecking order for the gods is fine, but I doubt your man enough to represent the Lord in Iron.

He raises his voice to be heard.
This town has enough troubles from without. Don't need crazy Gorumites starting unneeded Brawls. Especially in one of the finer bars in town. You wanna force this fine. But let's do it outside and save the barkeep the trouble of wiping your face of the floor.
Intimidate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11


Evil GM

Poke can't see clearly given his point of view but everyone else observes many people have left the main part of the tavern. However, those that are remaining have moved closer for a better look.

perceptions DC 20+:
You notice the four mercenaries that were grabbing at the service girl have disappeared. They are no longer visible. There were the 4 yellow haloed tokens on the map.


Calain stands up and feebly attempts to intimidate the brawler. In response the Boris takes a haymaker shot at Calain,

knockout blow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26;nonlethal damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

If it hits make a fort save DC 15 or your knocked unconscious.
rounds: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Evil GM

perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

perception crowd: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

One of the ruffians yell ouot, "Where'd the gobo go?"

Another yells that the
"The poisoner's snuck off. Watch out."

A couple people in the tavern kneel down to see if he is hiding.


Evil GM

Initiative Order: RD 1

Brawler - Punches Calain in the face
Poke Poke - snuck under the table
Dr Tes
Aggrah
Braddan
enemy cohorts
Braddan
Calain
Ulfrec
Bron
Beorn

Updated RD 1 Battlemap

*Poke is under the table

**I also cleaned out some of the extra tokens that were on the map that represented staff and patrons.

***The Yellowed haloed mercenaries are no longer in a line of sight.

****There are customers that have gathered in the doorway between the back room where you are at and the main room. People looking for a good barroom fight.


Evil GM

Dr Tes, Aggrah, and Braddan you're up.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

gm:
that move should have been before combat.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan draws his club and steps back from his chair, adopting a defensive stance.

"Stupid and wasteful, theres no point to this brawl but to satisfy your blood cravings!"

Move to stand and draw club, 5' NE to edge of the table near Arragh, standard action for total defense. Current AC 23 HP 16/16


Evil GM

Poke:
Because of the rate of posting by people I was trying equalize actions before combat.

Prior Link

That being said, I'll let take your action


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Bron takes a second before realising the what just occurred and with anger in his eyes gets ready to cast a spell.

I will cast bless if Calain is knocked out but if he is staggared then I'll spontaneously cast cure light wounds in place of shield of faith. I will be going to sleep on 20-30 mins so just wanted to have my turn sorted out before I sleep.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Poke can't see clearly given his point of view but everyone else observes many people have left the main part of the tavern. However, those that are remaining have moved closer for a better look.

Perception DC20 Stuff

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Focused as he was on the scarred man standing in front of him, Calain is oblivious to the Mercenaries whom had disappeared.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Taking a cheap shot to the jaw Calain rocks back on his heels but is able to keep his footing, just. He needed to recover quickly to answer the attack. His blood was up however, and his strike would be aiming to put this one down completely.


The pugilist snickers as he rocks Calain with his non-lethal blow, "I'm intimidat'd."


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah fixes an evil eye upon the lead gorumite targeting his saves

evil eye dc15:
Evil Eye (Su) (Advanced Player's Guide pg. 66): The witch can cause doubt to creep into the mind of a foe within 30 feet that she can see. The target takes a –2 penalty on one of the following (witch's choice): AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks. This hex lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the witch's Intelligence modifier. A Will save reduces this to just 1 round. This is a mind-affecting effect. At 8th level the penalty increases to –4.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

gm:
i thought i did around the same point the the back and forth talking and the casting clw on the old man happened. My thought was to be in that position at the start of battle. But thats fine

Aggrah: I'm assuming by "lead" you are targeting the bralwer who punched Calain.

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

The brawler shivers as he shakes off the willies.


Evil GM

Poke:
Just go ahead and take your action. I wasn't clear enough with the pacing.

Initiative Order: RD 1

Brawler - Punches Calain in the face
Poke Poke -
Dr Tes
Aggrah - Evil eye vs saves
Braddan - stood up pulled weapon, 5ft step back, defensive position
enemy cohorts
Calain
Ulfrec
Bron
Beorn


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Looking at the two potential targets, he thinks the one in the doorway looks the easiest to take out

Poke Poke attacks E7 the wizard looking token. He should be flat footed still.

dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
snk att: 1d8 ⇒ 4
dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
snk att: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Evil GM

Poke tries to hamstring the wizardly looking fellow standing between the doorframe. He missed twice but draws a quick verbal response, 'So you want to play deadly runt!"


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Where'd those mercenaries go? I fear they may be the true threat!"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorne moves one east and puts up his fists. So you want to engage in fisticuffs?! Let me sing you a song of my people!

Standard action Bard Song +1 Hit/Damage from Inspire Courage 7/8 rounds


Evil GM
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:

"Where'd those mercenaries go? I fear they may be the true threat!"

Dr. Tes' voice barely carries over the scraping of chairs and boots on the stone floor.


Evil GM
Beorn the Divine wrote:

Beorne moves one east and puts up his fists. So you want to engage in fisticuffs?! Let me sing you a song of my people!

Standard action Bard Song +1 Hit/Damage from Inspire Courage 7/8 rounds

Got it. Everyone else below the enemy cohorts actions hold off. Their actions may change how the Battlemap looks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

If one of these mongrels lays a hand upon my attourney I swear I will bring him low, somehow!


Evil GM

Enemy Cohorts: RD 1

The Gorum henchman E:4 pulls out a sap and moves closer to wizard E:6), he whacks at the goblins beady head.

sap: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11;non lethal: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The second henchman pulls his sap and moves forward to meet the bard, he lashes out.

sap: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5;non lethal: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

I'll finish the other two spellcasters after dinner.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Boris, NPC wrote:
The pugilist snickers as he rocks Calain with his non-lethal blow, "I'm intimidat'd."

Not yet but you will be..

Calain rises clasping his gauntlets together like a mace and brings his arms up in a big uppercut hoping to return the punch in kind.
1 handed Cesti Uppercut, PA: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 - 1 = 12

He then 5ft steps back to the table, hoping the man follows and allowing Bron to step in behind the man to flank.
If not he'll have room to pull his Lurcerine Hammer if he needs it.
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
I am Guessing that's a whiff


Evil GM

The cleric of Gorum leans back to get a look at the goblin who's using steel in the fistfight and sternly commands the little rodent "DROP"

cast defensively: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

I need a will save from Poke Poke. Failure means you are subject to the command of dropping anything you are holding.

Command:
Drop: On its turn, the subject drops whatever it is holding. It can’t pick up any dropped item until its next turn.

The wizardly man's fingers make quick thrusting and tiny amount of wool falls towards towards the bug eyed rodent (Poke),

casts defensively: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

I need a will save from Poke. Failure equals being Dazed for the round.

Daze:
This spell clouds the mind of a humanoid creature with 4 or fewer Hit Dice so that it takes no actions. Humanoids of 5 or more HD are not affected. A dazed subject is not stunned, so attackers get no special advantage against it. After a creature has been dazed by this spell, it is immune to the effects of this spell for 1 minute.

I'll get a revised map up in a few minutes.

He then takes a 5 foot step.


Evil GM

Calain tries to smash the brawlers square jaw but he misses with his uppercut.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"GODSDAM FOOLS!"

451 to 500 of 1,746 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.