Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


251 to 300 of 1,730 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

At the call of his name Poke Poke quits stairing at his dulled blade and looks over at the human as if just noticing he was there for the first time. He looks back down at the blades a second, then the human.

"Hey Grumpy you make knifes, right? he queries holding up one of the small now dull blades. "These we super sharp before Poke Poke stabbed the pirate to make sure he was dead. Now they're as dull as that smelly ogre.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Excellent find, Mr. Poke! And I'll certainly help investigate. This smells like a story in need of telling. To Fort Karnog! Someone should carefully collect this body for study!"


Evil GM

As Dr. Tes mentions collecting the body a few guards appear with a pull cart and burlap tarps. They toss a couple tarps over the body to move it. They accomplish the task without incident.

Poke Poke:
You find it interesting that the body only causes damage when being pierced.


Evil GM

I think Aggrah is the only one on the platform with knowledge nature. Make a check when you log on.

DC 12 KN:
You realize that Poke Poke's dagger was effected by an acid like substance.

DC 14 KN:
You also suspect that Capt Jack's body is corrupted by some strange acid and activates when pierced.

DC 16 KN:
In addition to the previous items you also remember hearing that sometimes creatures can have acidic fouled bodies that can cause damage to weapons or explode when damaged.


Evil GM

Bradan, Bron, and Beorn you can see Mrs. Turner step on the front porch of Fort Karnog Inn, she is being led by a couple guards and a strange looking dwarf with a wolf. The dwarf stops and scans the crowd while the wolf appears to be sniffing the air. They hold there for a few seconds as Mrs. Turner is led inside the inn.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Long day

Let us adjurn to the inn where we might discuss the matters of this odd execution. I suspect foul magic is afoot.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

gm:
so the sides are still sharp? He might not notice that, but Calian would for sure.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Still holding his daggers up for Calian and the Doctor to examine Poke Poke notices something strange. "Looks like the sides are still sharp only the tip seems to be dull."

Beorn the Divine wrote:

...magic is afoot.

Poke Poke looks toward the loud human then says to Dr Tes "He that guy over there just said he has a magic foot."


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

know nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Aggrah watches as Poke-pokes blade as it slides out of the corpse and then she connects the dots and interjects before the goblin gets a chance to stab it again

WHOA! Don't do that again. It might EXPLODE, spraying acid all over us. The body is corrupted with acid. Just look at your blade.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan heads to the inn, walking slowly and stiffly. Unused to such aches and pains, his mind whirls with the images of horsemen dragging heads and the fear it evoked. He barely recognizes as he steps onto the porch of the Fort Karnog Inn and ducks the blade of his polearm so as not to scratch the ceiling.

He enters and sets his bow and glaive down on a rack near the door, doffing his pack as well.

"I believe I will need a pitcher of brown ale, and at least 4 mugs, please. Also, if you have any food ready, that'd be great."


Evil GM

Fort Karnog Inn Entry Scene

Bron, Beorn, Bradan, and Ulfrec can make a perception check.

If you have knowledge dungeoneering, engineering, architecture or something similar to tell the construction of a building you can make that roll.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Dwarven eyes canvas the inn's public room.

Perception, +2 if unusual stonework: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan slumps into the booth just to the left of the entrance and awaits his order. Scanning the crowd, he tries to relax and allow the horrible events he just witnessed pass over him.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Beorn scans the area, looking for singing opportunities.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Bron slips to the closest table to Brandan and watches for anyone shifty.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Are you going to look into that curse he mentioned? Either way I think you should be monitored just to make sure that he didn't curse you deliberately.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Look into? What do I know about curses...I can hunt and trap and build a shelter, I dont know squat about magic stuff."

Bradan puts his head in his hands and leans heavily on the table.

"What do you know about such things? And what about my vision, with the horseman riding along and dragging all your severed heads behind?"


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3
Poke Poke wrote:

Still holding his daggers up for Calian and the Doctor to examine Poke Poke notices something strange. "Looks like the sides are still sharp only the tip seems to be dull."

Beorn the Divine wrote:

...magic is afoot.

Poke Poke looks toward the loud human then says to Dr Tes "He that guy over there just said he has a magic foot."

"Let us hope he means the hallucinogen, Barrister Poke! That was some heavy s#~$!"


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

The dwarf stands up slowly and ambles over with his bucket, towards Bradan. Stopping within arms reach, he sniffs at the air between you.

You two seems a'right, you and the Half-Orc lady. I seen you. So I'll tell it to ya straight. Anyone got an interest in the widda' Turner, they go through me. I don't care how many or how tough.

Staring at Bradan, he places the bucket down. You don't look so good. Seen a ghost or somethin' like? Damn, was savin' it for the road, but you might need this bucket o' Dwarven Whiskey, more'n me and Geri. That's Geri witha hard "g" like Gerhardt or gug-gug-gug... Drink up.

Like I said 'fore, you two seem a'right... Can't say much for the company you keep. All kindsa motley. . He sniffs, eyes darting and keeping an eye on the door and the others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan down his cup of ale and looks at the dwarf closely.

"Any reason the dead guy wanted trouble with Me and Mrs Turner? He whammied me with some kinda witch magic or something, made me see visions of evil, and messed up that guillotine something fierce. What do you know about all that?"

Bradan dips his mug into the whiskey and takes a testing sip.

"Wheew, that's got some punch to it! Names Bradan, by the way, and the hslf-orc lady is called Arragh. The others introduced themselves, but I forgot their names already, sorry."


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:

You two seems a'right, you and the Half-Orc lady. I seen you. So I'll tell it to ya straight. Anyone got an interest in the widda' Turner, they go through me. I don't care how many or how tough.

We do have an interest in the widow Turner. She may be in very grave danger. We'd like to talk with her if possible to try and figure out what's going on here. She may be in danger and we might be able to help.

We'd appreciate it if you could introduce us to her.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn. I am afraid that I know little of magic and can't really say what happened with the pirate. I do agree that checking in with Madam Turner would be a good move.


The widow watches her guide take to the strangers. The wolf, Geri, stands near the widow. She motions to one of her other guards who nods and hurries off.

"What danger am I in, what do you know." She speaks towards the newcomers.


Evil GM

Aggrah and Ulfrec you notice that this inn is quite fortified. It is made out of big trees and a cement like mortar, there are a couple fireplaces and quite a few magically lit torches on sconces. The door is a good foot thick and bound in iron for reinforcement. The windows are clearly designed for defensive purposes: narrow slits for crossbows and longbows to shot out of. The look each like a "t". It looks like this inn could repeal and survive several direct assaults. A glance around the tavern also reveals several thick interior doors.


Evil GM

Bron you don't see anyone "shifty" other than the strange dwarf that just placed a bucket on the table for Bradan to dip his tankard in. The dwarf's bold action is a bit unsettling.


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

"Come on, don't lag, lets get to the inn and talk business." The Mayor motions to Calain, Poke Poke, and Dr. Tes. The gnome looks back at Dr. Tes and authoritatively states "We do not permit hallucinogics in town...at least not openly. We pride ourselves on out ability to serve the city's defensive on a moments notice."


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Ah, yes, of course! Your town is quite the Marvel, and your partnership with Orctown is amazing!"
diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke for everyone to inspect, but noticing that no one is paying much attention that maybe the bar would be a good choice.

"No hallucinations, but drink. We should go." Poke Poke says to the Doctor


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:

"Ah, yes, of course! Your town is quite the Marvel, and your partnership with Orctown is amazing!"

"Yes, yes Orctown is a terrific resource. It's a confluence of socioeconomics and cultural diversity in a local. It's mere existence is amarvel of strong leadership combined with a wiliness to join general society. It's a wonderful example of what is possible."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Madam Turner, I am not sure what cure that scoundrel might want to place upon you, perhaps a mere lashing out at perceived wrongs due to his impending death.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 27/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Walter Featherton, NPC, gnome wrote:
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:

"Ah, yes, of course! Your town is quite the Marvel, and your partnership with Orctown is amazing!"

"Yes, yes Orctown is a terrific resource. It's a confluence of socioeconomics and cultural diversity in a local. It's mere existence is amarvel of strong leadership combined with a wiliness to join general society. It's a wonderful example of what is possible."

Calain remained silent at the proclamations around Orctown. He knew ultimately that the creatures hadn't done anything to warrent eradication...yet.

But he'd lived there, one of the few humans among a group of green skins.
Of Course the mayor couldn't understand, Fentonville was a very diverse town comprised of mainly civilized races and a few others who would have to accept civil ways if they wished to remain.
But he'd lived for 2 years surrounded by the grunting, slavering sub humans.
They were more brute than thinker. It was surely only a matter of time once Meth'd eventually wasn't around to keep them in line that they'd revert to type.

Once he'd enough money to sustain them both, he'd implore his father to come back to civil society. His dad's usefulness was pronounced there. Never had the Orcs bothered to polish a blade or fashion a decent tool. Meth'd was at least Big and scary enough to keep them trying to learn to farm a little.
He doubted it would last....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM
Calain wrote:
Walter Featherton, NPC, gnome wrote:
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:

"Ah, yes, of course! Your town is quite the Marvel, and your partnership with Orctown is amazing!"

"Yes, yes Orctown is a terrific resource. It's a confluence of socioeconomics and cultural diversity in a local. It's mere existence is amarvel of strong leadership combined with a wiliness to join general society. It's a wonderful example of what is possible."

Calain remained silent at the proclamations around Orctown. He knew ultimately that the creatures hadn't done anything to warrent eradication...yet.

But he'd lived there, one of the few humans among a group of green skins.
Of Course the mayor couldn't understand, Fentonville was a very diverse town comprised of mainly civilized races and a few others who would have to accept civil ways if they wished to remain.
But he'd lived for 2 years surrounded by the grunting, slavering sub humans.
They were more brute than thinker. It was surely only a matter of time once Meth'd eventually wasn't around to keep them in line that they'd revert to type.

Once he'd enough money to sustain them both, he'd implore his father to come back to civil society. His dad's usefulness was pronounced there. Never had the Orcs bothered to polish a blade or fashion a decent tool. Meth'd was at least Big and scary enough to keep them trying to learn to farm a little.
He doubted it would last....

Mr. Doom and Gloom has spoken.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Just wait til the first of the Orc paladins of Torag start riding outta Orctown.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Bradan Finn wrote:
Just wait til the first of the Orc paladins of Torag start riding outta Orctown.

and the drow contingency


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

The dwarf returns Bradan’s scrutiny, a twinkle in his eye as the human drink and appreciates the dwarven whiskey.

I’ve no idea regarding any of it and wasn’t close enough to witness the fanfare in any detail. I’m escorting Mrs. Turner and need to assure her safety. It’s a duty I take rather seriously, Bradan.

I’m Ulfrec, and I’ll let you know if it’s a pleasure making your acquaintance in a bit. And, Mrs. Turner seems to have introduced herself.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Dr. Tes nods meaningfully at the mayor while slowly backing away with Poke Poke to the bar.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1
Mrs. Turner, NPC wrote:

The widow watches her guide take to the strangers. The wolf, Geri, stands near the widow. She motions to one of her other guards who nods and hurries off.

"What danger am I in, what do you know." She speaks towards the newcomers.

Well Mrs Turner, we know precious little. But we do suspect you may be in danger. Normally the mad ravings of one about to be executed would mean quite little I suppose. However, the guillotine with a magically enhanced blade was ruined upon striking the neck of Capt Jack and he continued raving about some Creeper curse while his neck was barely attached which as a medical professional I can tell you should definitely not be possible. All the while threatening you as well. And after the guillotine struck a second time severing the head Bradan here was struck by a disturbing seizure and vision

Aggrah pauses for a bit letting that sink in.
sense motive, Mrs Turner: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

I have never heard of a "creeper curse", but I can tell you that I examined his body and somehow it was full of acid and it corroded any blade that penetrated it. I've never seen or heard of anything like it. Is there anything you can tell us about the deceased Captain and why he bears a grudge against you?


"I haven't heard of the "creeper curse" either. There are plenty of unknown mysteries in this world. I have no idea how that man was able to speak while nearly headless."

She looks at a guard who pours her a goblet of wine. She takes a sip. "As far as the grudge the Captain bares against my family that's simply comes down to a misunderstanding."


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

The Mayor steps into the inn a few moments after Poke Poke, Aggrah, Dr. Tes, and Calain arrived. "Oh, so sorry for being late. I was sidetracked on the porch with official business." He takes a quick look around. "Mrs. Turner you and your guards are already here. Excellent....excellent. I see you've already met Aggrah and her friends."

He tugs on Calain's sleeve. "You and your companions can scoot into that booth over there and we can talk business." He motions to the booth Bradan, Beorn and Bron are sitting.

"How you feeling son?" He asks Bradan. "I see you've met Mrs. Turner's escort. But please forgive me, I've forgotten his name." He innocently smiles at the druid.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Well, I've been better. It's not been such a pleasant day or two, but I think I'll live. I'm interested to hear what this misunderstanding was, though. The pirate seemed to have quite a grudge, Mrs Turner."


Evil GM

UPDATED MAP of FORT KARNOG INN

Here's an updated map with everyone inside the inn.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

The dwarf seems a bit uncomfortable, with a crowd growing.

Ulfrec and Geri, Mr. Wallerton. Names are never easy.

There is a short whistle, and Geri approaches shouldering his way through as needed. He settles by Mrs. Turner.


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

Mrs. Turner doesn't answer Bradan's question before the Mayor steps in.

"That was sure some display out there." he motions and pitchers of wine and tankards of ale are brought over to the tables. Another wave of servers bring platters of cheeses, meats and hard crusty bread. "Eat eat and drink. It's on the house."

The gnome's fingers rub his chin as he contemplates the situation. "Captain Bloody Jack terrorized merchant ships and several seaside communities over the years. As a profitable pirate he was able to accumulate great wealth and over the years he'd have to store his treasures. He created a master map...that" lowers his voice, "...was stolen from him. He thought Mr. and Mrs Turner had the map. He broke into their cartography shop and killed Mr. Turner."

"Now, Mrs. Turner has small retinue of guards he motions to the druid and two other armed guards. I want to ensure that Mrs. Turner gets home safely and I'm willing to pay for that service." He pulls out a scroll from an inside pocket. "We will, of course, memorialize this agreement in a formal contract."


Evil GM

Feel free to chat this up.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec sniffs as the refreshments... half expecting them to come to life. Weird place... but, it's money. The gall, thinking their contracts mean a damn.

But, he keeps his musings to himself, although Geri seems quite sympathetic.

Kn Nature. anything unnatural: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Mr. Poke, this story craves our expertise! Our investigative acumen is called for! We need this map!"


Evil GM

Ulfrec the spirits appear to be better quality than what you normally are around. The bread has a fresh smell to it and the cheese is sharp.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
"Mr. Poke, this story craves our expertise! Our investigative acumen is called for! We need this map!"

Poke Poke chugs down the first mug and hands it back out for a refill

"Agrreed, but ask for double." he tells Dr. Tes as he grabs a peice of cheese and shoves it in mouth.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"I take my attorney's advice to heart!". The Doctor downs his, gets another round, and approaches.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
"Ah, Mrs. Turner, I offer my eternal elven condolences. I am a finder and writer of truths and am totally committed to this investigation. The big question is why a skilled and loved cartographer would attract the ire of a base pirate. This misunderstanding is our biggest question now."


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Well, ma'am, I'd like to help you. At the least, I can help keep an eye on these two, and maybe get a clue on what the dead man cursed me with."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Look into those legends of head taking horsemen that is for certain.

251 to 300 of 1,730 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.