Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


51 to 100 of 1,384 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Scene: Calain, Dr Tes, Poke

Calain: this really isn't a front of the line situation. Its a narrow bunny trail and the creatures are coming from the middle side. There really isn't a place for people to hide behind you.

As the Calain readies his action two zombies emerge from the bushes heading right for the line. The first one moves right at Dr. Zes. Calain's first attack misses the creature but his second attack does hit. He pushes the creature 5 feet away from Dr. Tes. Calain injures but does not put the creature down. Anyone who wants to use know religion can make a roll.

The second zombie veers towards the goblin while staying outside of Calain's reach. It closes the gap and gets next to the goblin meal (poke poke). He only gets a move action this round.

Summary of positions: The adventurers are on a small bunny trail. Poke is leading the way, Dr Tes is in the middle, Calain is following. The Zombies emerge in the middle by Dr. Tes. Calain strikes with his reach weapon the zombie going towards Dr. Tes. The second zombe emerges and veers towards Poke and he avoids an AOO.

Dr. Tes and Poke Poke can act.


Evil GM

Scene: Bradan and Aggrah

RD 5 Initiative order

Bradan -
Black bear -
Aggrah -


Evil GM
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Beorn the Divine wrote:

Beorn tries winning more of the crowd over, making the festive feeling infectious!

HERE IS THE SONG OF THE NOT SO LITTLE MERMAN AND THE FISHERWOMAN!

More people surround the bard, most are laughing and having a good time more copper pieces are tossed . The two moody guards leaving the ground. the area and make their way towards the caravan master.

Scene: Beorn. I have prior post pending for Bron

A dinner bell rings right as Beorn the Divine finishes his third story. The crowd disperses heading towards the chow line. Beorn you find 13 copper pieces near your feet.

You can make a perception check for me.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

Seeing the animal get do close to Arragh, Bradan drops his bow and scoops up his polearm once more.

"Gotta get lucky sooner or later!"

Chop, the third: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10 to hit, flanking, for 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 slashing damage

3/12 hp. Cant hit the broad side of a barn.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

"Ah, undead! Likely a straggler from the Balltle Between Evil and Everyone Else! Do put them down quickly, I hear a bear nearby and bears are F*&!ING TERRIFYING!" Tes takes out his dagger and readies an attack if one of the wretches come near. slice: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:

[Dice=acrobatics to avoid AoO]1d20 + 8

You avoid an AOO


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

Poke Poke ducks under the slow witted and moving longshanks to the back side of the other in a flanking position with Grumpy while singing

♫♪Dead of night

Is time to fight

Cut and slash,

And burn and bite!♫♪

dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
slashing dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
snk att: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

couldnt edit my post grrrr


Evil GM

Scene: Bradan and Aggrah

Bradan misses the bear...once again. The black bear growls and swipes at the roasting meat.

claw 1, weaken, hex: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 13

It snatches a meal and begins to run away on it's hobbled leg. The bear takes another route on its departure.

Bradan you can have an AOO, if you want to take it. Otherwise, the battle is over.


Evil GM

Scene: Calain, Dr Tes, Poke

Poke avoids the zombie that headed directly at him and moves into flanking position with the Calain. The quick goblin slashes with it's dagger but the wound had pinpoint accuracy. The zombie crumbles to the ground destroyed.

Dr. Tes in a desperate attempt to defend himself slices the second zombie with his dagger, dealing it damage.

You have one damaged Zombie remaining.

RD 2 Initiative

Calain
Dr Tes
Zombie
Poke


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

Seeing the beast leave them with only gashed wounds and bleeding tracks across his flesh, Bradan considers himself lucky and watches it go.

"Yeah, you too, mister bear! We could've been friends, but you had to go and try to eat me instead of that bunny first! Gah!"

Bradan then slumps on the ground and lets his glaive-guisarm down alongside him, feeling the dump of adrenaline leave his poor torn body.

"I'm just gonna take a second, patch these up, okay, Arragh?"

He draws out his healer's kit and binds the worst of the wounds, using some herbal antiseptic Brena taught him ages ago.

Heal, treat deadly wounds: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23 vs DC 15.

Second Wind: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 HP healed

8/10 charges remaining in healer's kit. 11/12 hp remaining.

Once he's caught his breath and covered up the worst of the bear wounds, he looks around for his arrow that missed. High is Good, 50%: 1d100 ⇒ 17 He hears the crack of the snapped shaft just as he sees his foot come down on it, and he sighs.

"Well, that could have gone worse, I suppose. Rations for dinner, I guess?"


3 people marked this as a favorite.
2Condamage Half-Orc Bard2HP(20)23/23/Init+1F+2R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

I SEE FOREVER!!!!


Scene: Beorn

Beorn you hear two merchants chatting about an execution.

Merchant 1: "they got 'im'

Merchant 2: "'bout time and guud riddance."

M1: "had a ship pirated once by 'im. Stole ov'r 12,000 in gold and merchandise."

M2: "me too...bad things happen'd do to him. But the people love him."

M1: "Hope we see 'im tried and kilt."


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Bron heads back to camp and walks over to Beorn.

Hey Beorn, found something interestin, there is an execution for Bloody Captain Jack on Oathday 21.

Bron opens the parchment so that the text is facing towards Beorn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

"Never mind others who speak of your racial handicaps, human! You've got this!"


HP 18/18 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+3/ R+3/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim -1

Damn bear! Dinner was almost ready. Travel rations it is.

Before settling back down for a MUCH less appealing dinner Aggrah helps Bradan with his wounds, letting the healing magic flow through her hands
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Save the healers kit for another time


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard2HP(20)23/23/Init+1F+2R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn looks at the parchment INDEED! I HEARD TWO MERCHANTS TALKING ABOUT A PIRATE STEALING FROM THEM AND THE PUNISHMENT THAT WILL BE METED OUT. I SUPPOSE WE WILL BE SEEING THIS HAPPEN.


Male Human Fighter HP: 18/19 AC19/12/17, F5/R2/W1, Perception: +2, Init:+2; CMD:17; CMB+5

Dr, do yourself a favor and get behind me. NOW!

Calain holds his position since Dr Tes was between him and the Zombie, he readies himself and holds to allow the doctor to make a move and retreat behind the big fighter.
Calain will use PUSHING Assault on BOTH ATTACKS- each attack that hits can knock it back 5ft

Readied Attack, 2 hand Lucerine Hammer should the Zombie attempt to follow the doctor: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 1 = 11
2 hand Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 3) + 3 = 7

AOO if the Zombie tries to move within his 10ft polearm reach to close with Calain: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 1 = 14
2 hand Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4) + 3 = 9

If the 2nd Attack hits the Zombie should be hit and knocked back 5ft. Calain would use a 5ft step back open the distance back up and setting the Zombie up for another Redied Attack and AOO


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

"Thanks. I didnt know you could do magic, that was quite something. I don't think I'm gonna even have any big scars. Wow."

Bradan packs up his gear and weapons, making sure to clean and dry the blade of his polearm and clear any debris from his bow.

"Well, I must look like quite the mighty hunter after that display. Sorry for missing so badly. "


Evil GM

Bradan and Aggrah make a perception roll.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 (+2 vs humans)


HP 18/18 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+3/ R+3/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim -1

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Scene: Calain, Dr Tes, Poke

Calain pushes with his lucerine hammer but misses the Zombie. The brain hungry creature steps 5 feet inside the pole

Calain the first attack missed so the zombie is 10 feet away from you. It then takes a 5 ft step towards you, how does that provoke an AOO? I don't think a 5 ft step provokes an AOO.

Pushing Assault (Combat):

A strike made with a two-handed weapon can push a similar sized opponent backward.

Prerequisites: Str 15, Power Attack, base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: When you hit a creature your size or smaller with a two-handed weapon attack modified by the Power Attack feat, you can choose to push the target 5 feet directly away from you instead of dealing the extra damage from Power Attack. If you score a critical hit, you can instead push the target 10 feet directly away from you. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunities, and the target must end this move in a safe space it can stand in. You choose which effect to apply after the attack roll has been made, but before the damage is rolled.

The zombie uses it's dead hand to slam down on warrior with the long stick.

slam: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14;damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Dr. Tes and Poke you are up.


Evil GM

Bradan and Aggrah you hear voices. One sounds high pitched and like gibberish, while a second voice firmly states … behind me. NOW!. These voices are coming from the direction where the bear emerged from.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Scene: Bron and Beorn

You fortunately are not thrust into any more conflict with the guards and caravan master during the evening, but you both slept lightly just in case. Before dawn the camp stirs.

"WAKE UP FOOLS...CUDDLE WIT YER JUNK ON YER OWN TIME...IT'S MY TIME NOW LETS GET TO FENTONVILLE."

With that everyone in the camp begins to hustle to get moving again. There is excitement in the air...IT'S EXECUTION DAY!


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

"Ugh...sounds like theres more folks out here. we should probably see if that bear is gonna mess with them too."

Bradan scoops his pack up and settles it onto his shoulders, before kicking sod down over the fire hole.

He straps his polearm in place and gets his bow ready before moving towards the sound of the voices.

"Hello! If you can hear me, watch out for a hungry bear, he almost ate me before he swiped our dinner!"


Evil GM

Calain, Dr Tes, and Poke can make a perception check.


HP 18/18 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+3/ R+3/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim -1

guess there's no chance of a peaceful dinner tonight.
Aggrah follows Bradan to investigate what else is going bump in the night


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

preform sing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
♫♪ Hunt the meat

That bleeds and cries

Hobble feet

And gouge the eyes!♫♪

Poke Poke slides around to the back side of the smell old longshank asuming should be 5 ft step if its 5ft from Calain

dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
slashing dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
snk att: 1d8 ⇒ 3

dagger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
slashing dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
snk att: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

"Is that...singing?"


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Human Fighter HP: 18/19 AC19/12/17, F5/R2/W1, Perception: +2, Init:+2; CMD:17; CMB+5
Brain Eater wrote:

Scene: Calain, Dr Tes, Poke

Calain the first attack missed so the zombie is 10 feet away from you. It then takes a 5 ft step towards you, how does that provoke an AOO? I don't think a 5 ft step provokes an AOO.

GM:
A 5ft step doesn't provoke, Depending on distance, depends on what Calain does. For example, if the foe is 15ft away then Calain won't move initially. The creature needs to use a Move action to reach Calain. This will let him hit it 2x. One for the readied attack and one for using a move action to try and close. The AOO triggers as it tries to leave the 10ft square. Knocking it back to the 15ft square.

If it's only 10ft away, Calain Would 5ft step away first, putting a creature at 15ft. I wasn't sure the distance in the post and Should have taken the 5ft step back first to put it 15ft away.

It's a nice combo, but only works on the assumption the attacks hit. If they miss it's worthless. That's why he needs to wear a Cestus so he can Punch if he gets stuck.

I have heard people cheer AOO reach builds on the boards for Years but never committed to playing one. I am not sure how good it's going to be at low levels before Wpn FCS, Gloves of Dealing and a sash of the war champion via char wealth could mitigate to hit penalty. Right now Calain is only as accurate as a warrior.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Chucks of the undead brain eater hang from the tattered zombie's body, but it still presses it's attack.

Dr. Tes you are up if you want to attack, otherwise it's Calain's turn a the top of the next round.

Poke and Tes:
You hear movement coming from another direction. You think it sounds like a longshanks.


Evil GM

Bradan:
It sure sounds like singing in the distance.


Evil GM

Scene: Calain, Dr. Tes, Poke

RD 3 Initiative

Calain
Dr Tes
Zombie
Poke


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

♫♪Hobble feet

And gouge the eyes!

Break their fing....

Hey, did you hear that? More dead longshanks coming."


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 2

Is it possible to flank? If so he will.
stab: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20damage plus possible flank sneak: 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) - 1 + (6) = 6

"Off me, you ghoulish swine! I'm trying to hear my friend's song!"


Evil GM

Dr. Tes steps up and slices more meat off the zombie, it crumbles to the ground. Soon, thereafter, the singing goblin and elf break out in a victory song, noting how they destroyed the evil forces of the undead. Meanwhile the grumpy human grumbles about his two kills being stolen.


Male Human Fighter HP: 18/19 AC19/12/17, F5/R2/W1, Perception: +2, Init:+2; CMD:17; CMB+5

Ham it up you two. Everyone, ALWAYS, cheers about the brave warriors who stab foes in the back. I never stop hearing about.....oh wait, no they don't tell tales about brave Rogue's who stab people in the back, do they?


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

Bradan continues towards the sound of singing, cautious in the bear-infested woods.

"Hello! Did a bear come through this way, possibly limping and carrying half a roasted rabbit?"


Evil GM
Bradan Finn wrote:

Bradan continues towards the sound of singing, cautious in the bear-infested woods.

"Hello! Did a bear come through this way, possibly limping and carrying half a roasted rabbit?"

The bear came from this direction and ran out the opposite side of your camp. You'll eventually be able to figure that it was injured by the zombies before it stumbled along your camp and the meal.

You can follow the voices. "...Everyone, ALWAYS, cheers..."


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

Stepping out to find a goblin, an elf, and a human standing over the bodies of two rotting undead creatures, Bradan raises his hands (bow still in his left, but no arrow readied) and greets them.

"Oh hello there. I see you found some trouble yourselves. Might we be of assistance? Also, there's a bear about back that way, he seemed mighty cranky to me."


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22

Shut up Grumpy, always complaining. You should be thanking Doctor and Poke Poke.

As the longshank stranger steps through the tall grass

"See Poke Poke was right another dead longshanks. Quick Doctor lets get him before Grump complains some more.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard2HP(20)23/23/Init+1F+2R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn finally wakes up and stretches, gargling with some salt water before heading out towards where the grim place of pirate killing is going to happen.


Male Human Fighter HP: 18/19 AC19/12/17, F5/R2/W1, Perception: +2, Init:+2; CMD:17; CMB+5
Poke Poke wrote:

Shut up Grumpy, always complaining. You should be thanking Doctor and Poke Poke.

As the longshank stranger steps through the tall grass

"See Poke Poke was right another dead longshanks. Quick Doctor lets get him before Grump complains some more.

Calain ignores the Barb from the Goblin and focus on the Doctor.

I honestly don't know why you tolerate the Goblin. His kind would eat you if they were hungry enough. One more nights travel and I'll be home again and bid you farewell.

Glad to see another human Calain grounds the head of his Polearm.
Ho, Stranger. Haven't seen a bear but considering the dead here it might not be a coincidence. Name and Intentions?


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

"Hello. My name is Bradan. We were heading towards Fentonville, when that bear I talked about came up and tried to chew on us. Luckily, we managed to drive it off without loss of life or limb. How about you lot?"

Bradan looks at the goblin offering to leave him dead like the zombies, hand tightening on his bow.

"Hello goblin. We are not dead, and any intention to make that so would be most....unfortunate."


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 2 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +4, Stelth +17 Saves F+2/R+7/W-1, HP 22/22
Bradan Finn wrote:


"Hello goblin. We are not dead, and any intention to make that so would be most....unfortunate."

"It talks, must be the leader of them."


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 7/16, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +1 Initiative +3, Perception +6, Longbow +6 (1d8+2), Glaive-guisarme +4 (1d10+3)

"It? That seems rude. I take it you don't have a lot of experience in polite society. It's considered rude to refer to someone as an it, or to take about them as if they're not standing in front of you."

Bradan breathes a bit easier, considering the newcomers less of a threat now.

"So, you lot heading to Fentonville, too? Did you hear about the trial starting up tomorrow?"

51 to 100 of 1,384 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.