Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


401 to 450 of 1,739 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn sets out the various books he checked out. These ones have the legends of the horseman in them. He seems to aim them away from Poke-Poke since he doesn't want the books eaten. Since all of our noggins might be in peril it is best we take turns reading it, or having them read to us.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Dr. Tes tests out a variety of large sticks and rods, flinging them about with lanky arms. After nearly knocking over a display stand of ornate daggers, he buys a light mace. He names it Raoul.


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Not quite sure if this is relevant, but this is something I found while researching curses

Aggrah tells the group all about the following

curse research:

Day 4: Minstrel Wooman passed yest'rday from his wounds. I've been giv'n the duties of writtin' the log. The Capt lead us into the Horsefly Swamp, the sketers were the size of rats. Did half a day b'fore makin' camp.

Day 5: It was a terribly night. Lost Guun'r last night from the black plague. Chortle's has the sign of puss this mornin' and Doc doesn't think he's gonna make it. Only covered 2 miles, seems like we did a circle. This swamps cursed.

Day 7: Chortle died yest'rday but arose again this morning as a zombie. Capt took his head off and burned the body. Pete's got festering wound that's black. doc thinks this place is cursed.

Day 8: We walked and walked and walked but we never set foot on dry land. Doc got it today, a big croc, swallowed him whole. Capt lost is foot to some type of black slim.

Day 9: I cut the Capt's leg off today his skin was springing roots like a plant, it was creeping. We made camp in tree with Buck and the Capt. We tied the tent to a tree 'bout 10 feet off the ground.

Day 10: Woke up and Capt was crawlin' with bugs and black widows this morning. dumped his body out the tent. buck and I was too tired to leave the tent today.

Day 11: The tent is encased in a black creeping tentacle...this place is cursed.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Bron points to the curse research book Aggrah holds and says,

That curse in the book is a worry, though I doubt that it's whatever Brandan has been affected by.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec considers the account. Ahh... more cheese.

Kn Nature, first world, primordial: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"So we have some leads then. A cursed swamp and a specter of a head-collexcting horseman? Does any of that tell us how to kill it, or bypass these curses, or what? I can track and shoot and maybe chop something, but magic stuff I'm gonna have to rely on you lot. "


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

We should avoid this swamp until we have ways to treat diseases


Evil GM

Everyone give me a perception check.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Love cheese...

Ulfrec, perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Geri, perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 (+2 vs humans)


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Evil GM

After a few hours of getting to know each other you notice many of the customer have either left or gone up to their rooms to retire.

Perception 16 +:
You see an elderly man at the table behind you head bob as then observe his forehead thump on the table. Red haloed on the map.

perception 20+:
Four well armed human mercenaries have pulled up seat in the main room. They order drinks. One of the men grabs the server around the waist somewhat aggressively and she swats his hand off. Another laughs, and the fourth one appears to be taking in the room. Yellow haloed on the map.

perception 22+:
There's a table of shifty people who are whispering behind their hands. You overhear, "it'll happen tonight." White haloed on the map.

Update First Floor Map


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

perc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

The doctor approaches the head bobber. "Oooooh, you've been having fun!"


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan looks over the groups mentioned above, hands itching and teeth slowly clenching. He drops his voice so only the party can hear.

"Somethings happening tonight. Here. Not sure what exactly, but those four look a bit too well armed and prepared for regular old town goers, those lot over yonder, with the shady eyes and twitchy fingers I can hear talking about something going down tonight. Not sure about the old man behind me, but if that was a ploy, I'm suspicious hed be the magic fella."

He scopes the room, taking in sight lines, areas of cover, and the angle to the upstairs.

"We cant really do anything til they tip their hand, but if one of you feels like picking a good old fashioned brawl, we might be able to head off their plans."

He slips to the edge of his seat, subtly fingering the carved handle of his longbow.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

new perc to see what Bradan is pointing out: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Evil GM
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
The doctor approaches the head bobber. "Oooooh, you've been having fun!"

make a heal check.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6
Poke Poke wrote:
[Dice=perc]1d20 +4

Poke Poke didn't notice that Ulfrec didn't notice him.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

What is the dog looking thing with the yellow box by Ulfrec?

Also is it assumed that Calain and I have swapped back daggers?


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Dog thing is Ulfrecs animal


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6
Poke Poke wrote:


What is the dog looking thing with the yellow box by Ulfrec?

Also is it assumed that Calain and I have swapped back daggers?

Geri, the wolf companion.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Hmm..Mysterious people with perhaps mysterious goals. I wonder which group harbors malicious intent?


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

heal: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19


Evil GM

Bradan:

One thing that stands out is this place is built like a place to make a last stand. There are no doors leading to the outside in the backroom you are located. The widows look more like slits that permit archers to fire from, they are not large enough to fit a small or medium body through.

You know there is a front door and you recall seeing two stair cases in side rooms. You know these long tables are heave but they can be turned over for cover.

Poke:

You don't hear any conversation but you think you know who Bradan is referring to.


Evil GM

Dr Zes:
The old man is passed out, drooling and has a weak pulse.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke poke sees the dog as he is looking around. "So are you saving the dog to eat?" he asks Ulfrec


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:
Poke Poke wrote:


What is the dog looking thing with the yellow box by Ulfrec?

Also is it assumed that Calain and I have swapped back daggers?

Geri, the wolf companion.

The dog is ulfrec's wolf companion. What you don't want to use medium sized daggers?


Evil GM

The five (white haloed) people who were whispering get up and toss a couple gold pieces on the table. "When's b'fast?

A large stocky looking brawler glances over to your table. His eyes fixate on the goblin. "Dog's a guud meal, wolf's bett'r," he chuckles. He then tips his hat, everyone can see he has a ragged scar that runs down his right cheek. They head towards the stairs.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"S!!*shitshit! AH, HELLO, ALL! THIS HUMAN ELDER IS RATHER UNWELL! DOES HE BELONG TO ANYONE?"
diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec looks from the diminutive goblin to the hulking brawler, each of them dead in the eyes. Geri's my brother... I trust that's all I need to say on the matter. Aye?

Otherwise, I like a good ribbing. Big fella! Ulfrec motions for the brawler to come closer.

Geri sits, watching.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:

Ulfrec looks from the diminutive goblin to the hulking brawler, each of them dead in the eyes. Geri's my brother... I trust that's all I need to say on the matter. Aye?

Otherwise, I like a good ribbing. Big fella! Ulfrec motions for the brawler to come closer.

Geri sits, watching.

"Funny, him don't look like a longshanks."


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6
Poke Poke wrote:
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:

Ulfrec looks from the diminutive goblin to the hulking brawler, each of them dead in the eyes. Geri's my brother... I trust that's all I need to say on the matter. Aye?

Otherwise, I like a good ribbing. Big fella! Ulfrec motions for the brawler to come closer.

Geri sits, watching.

"Funny, him don't look like a longshanks."

But I look a bit like a wolf, nay?


HP 24/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Aggrah studies them... trying to figure out what's going on here


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

My goodness! This old fellow is in distress! I know some healing magic.


Evil GM

Aggrah you get a quick sense that the situation is about to boil over as Ulfrec responds to brawler's comment and motions for the brawler to come closer. Scarface doesn't hesistate when challenged. Then, suddenly, you are jolted by Dr. Tes's announcement.

Beorn are you staying put or moving over to lend aid to the old fellow?

Meanwhile a few of the bar patrons look over to the Dr. Tes and they uniformly shake their heads back-and-forth. Several folks mumble, 'Naw, don't know him."

As most the crowd is focused on Dr. Tes, the brawler approaches Ulfrec. He cracks his knuckles. "Jus' you or do I need to pound yer mutt too?' His companions spread out ready in case the situation escalates.


Evil GM

I'll try to get an updated map posted and description of the brawler in an hour or so.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"You got this, Ulfrec. If they get froggy, I'm ready to jump."

Seeing the men close in, Bradan grabs the butt of his club, hanging off his belt under the table.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec looks at Bradan, Really, dude?

Turning back to the brawler. I was wondering if you were local or in town for something special. I'm from near by, but don't come into town much.

Please excuse my friend, he's had a bad day.

I'm Ulfrec, my... mutt is Geri. What's your name? The dwarf stands up slowly for a hand shake, non-threateningly offering his hand.


Evil GM

The brawler's a squat human who has a angry looking ragged scar that runs down his right cheek. He's clean shaven, almost as if to highlight his scar, he is an imposing and intimidating individual. He is wearing well tailor leather armor that fit's his body perfectly. His hands are wrapped and he sports one fine looking leather strapped cestus on his right wrist and iron ring on his left hand. He has an assortment of daggers that are visible and a knobbed club that is hanging from his side. He looks quite comfortable in this type of escalating barroom situation. (A:8 on the map)

His four companions quickly assess the situation. Two are humans who are wearing studded leather armor, they have bucklers on their backs along with composite longbows. They both have longswords that have not been drawn, and a visible dagger and sap. They both have a single ring on their right hand. (A:10 and E:4 on the map)

There's a human male with holy symbol of bloody sword sticking in rock crudely painted on his chainmail. His armor has several dings from prior battles. He is holding a light crossbow in his hand and he has Morningstar slung under his left arm. He has moved over to the block the exit doorway leading to the main tavern. (ED:8 on the map)

Lastly, there is a lanky looking human who has tube hanging from his waist and several small pouches. He has a single dagger on his left hip. He also has a ring on his hand. he is standing squarely in the doorway. (E:9 on the map)

NEW AND IMPROVED MAP


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:

"Jus' you or do I need to pound yer mutt too?'

Poke Poke quickly responds to the human

"It looks tender enough. No need to pound it more. You don't want the meet to turn to mush.


Evil GM

"Jus' what I thought." the brawler spits out in disgust. He offers neither his name or hand.


Evil GM

The man in the doorway breaks the tension, "Now, now Boris just calm down. I'm sure there's has to be one person in that party who would be willing to go a round with you. Seems like the best way to resolve this situation with minimal blood loss." He pauses, "Besides there's a person is distress over there."


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke sensing some potential fun might happen and sneakingly slides under the table and makes his way to the other table.move to D8 under the table

stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"And what situation would you say this is, oh talkative one? Seems to me you lot came up in here itching for a fight, for some reason or other, while we've merely been minding our business and peaceably chatting. I cant say for the life of me why you're looking to scrap, but it hardly seems charitable and friendly."

"So why dont you lads carry on off outta here, and we all go about our business nice and neighborly."

I really wanna plug this brawler right in the face, but theres no way Bradan would shoot first. Grr.


Evil GM

The man with the holy symbol scowls at the suggestion, "Or we can all fight and let off some steam." He eyes Bron. "Your god's subservient to Gorum's teachings. You need to acknowledge that fact."


Evil GM

Poke D:8 is occupied. Using stealth lets you move half your distance with no penalty that would bring you to D: 6. there is penalty if you move more than half your speed. Before I move anyone I'm going to let another hour or so go by to see if anyone else want to talk (free action).

I also need to know if Beorn moved over to the old fellow to render aid or if he just mentioned he had magical abilities.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Poke D:8 is occupied. Using stealth lets you move half your distance with no penalty that would bring you to D: 6. there is penalty if you move more than half your speed.

miss counted meant d7. Basicly under the corner of the table where i could hit either of those guys. I'll double move to make it if possible. My normal move is 30 not 20. If not d6 will work I can always 5 foot


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(20)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn goes over to the old man and casts Cure Light Wounds on him. Be well!

401 to 450 of 1,739 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.