PFS2e PBP Gameday Thread - OMB's the Absalom Initiation (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin


1 to 50 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Please ninja-dot in. Roleplaying will begin closer to the Gameday kick off date, after GenCon!

Thanks!


You each recieve an invitation to a celebration honoring the newest class of Pathfinder agents. (This is you if you're first level, or the newest band if you're second or above!)

Go ahead and describe yourself and introduce yourself to the other party guests!

Be sure to check in on the Google Slide if you haven't already!

Radiant Oath

CG Snow Goblin Wizard 3| 02/30 | AC 20 | F +7 R +8 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +8 Speed 25ft | Focus 0 | Spells 0 6/6 Spells 1 3/4 Spells 2 3/3 | Conditions:

Dressed in fanciful robes of a deep blue velvet and sewn in emblems of scrolls and stars is a very surprising sight to see. A goblin! Not only that, but she carries on her a book that she clutches close and seems to treasure as her favorite object. Long black hair is pulled to the back of her head and into a tight tripple braid that is tied off at the end with a simplistic silver clasp.

This goblin has caused quite a stir in the Radiant Oath section,of the Pathfinder Society, for she is 'Creepy' Molly. Nothing about her in particular is scary, but other goblins consider her strange and disturbing,for her fascination over books and literature.

She bows to anyone who greets her. "Salutations!"


It seems as though the entire Grand Lodge has the air of a celebration. The great gates are flung wide, and the phoenix trees lining the entryway are in full flame. The halls of the main tower of Skyreach, normally somber and reserved, echo with the sound of voices and music. The great ballroom is decked for a celebration, with colorful banners and bunting along the walls, tables replete with food and drink, and a jovial cacophony of conversation rising from Pathfinders of all ancestries, nations, and backgrounds.

After a quick scan of the room, it’s obvious that many of the attendees have gathered in small groups here and there. A half-orc woman in an iconic ship captain’s hat stands near the punch bowl, handing cups to anyone who passes within reach, and a dark-skinned half-elf leads a small group of new agents around the room, introducing them to other attendees. Several senior agents stand in quiet conferral with a dark-haired Taldan man with a distinctive chin strap beard, while a scholarly dwarf tells a rousing tale to a growing audience.

A familiar blond halfling woman bounces over, bubbling with excitement. Janira Gavix, Head Initiate of the Pathfinder Society, grins, “Oh, I’m so glad you made it! After all, the celebration is for you. Have you gotten drinks? Snacks? Be sure to spend some time getting to know everyone—it’s best to be on good terms with the movers and shakers in the Society, that’s how you learn about the latest opportunities. I’ll be here if you need me to help you with anyone’s names or to make an introduction. Just let me know how I can help!” Janira gestures everyone forward into the room, beaming all the while.


See the slides for headshots of the important folks at the party!

Radiant Oath

Male N Human Garundi Scholar Cleric 1 | HP 17/17| AC 13 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spells 1:2/2 |

A dark skin man stands before you wearing overlapping white and black layers on his robe. He presents himself as a scholar in his manner of speech and behaviour and always seems to want to steer the conversation towards arcane arts or anything that might associate itself to magic. Hanging around his neck, is an amulet of some sort, carved in silver, a simple two toned mask where the left side has been blackened by metalwork.

"Hail, It's a pleasure to meet you all. I am Anji, a scholar of the arcane. Well, I did not have any formal education, but rest assure I have spent a good amount of time with The Book of Magic."

Anji scans the room, looking a little lost. Turning towards Janira, "Well, I have heard only good things of the Radiant Oath, where might we find the guild's fearless leader?"

Radiant Oath

Male NG Ancient Blood Dwarf Artist Champion 1 | HP 32/22(32)| AC 17 (+1) | F: +7, R: +3, W: +6 (+1) | Perc: +4 (+1) | Speed 20ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero points: 1/3 | Active conditions: Wounded 1.

A well groomed dwarf, lighted scented of clove, rose, and mace enters. His beard is accented with a few small flowers and living rose is woven on the sleeve of his mail like a arm band. Along his back is strapped a well crafted glaive.

He politely greets everyone in person. "I am Indigo Rosenbeard. Follower of Shelyn and now pathfinder. " Not knowing anyone in particular he cheerfully makes the rounds talking with everyone in turn.


Janira smiles widely. "Oh, that would be Valais Durant! She's the woman over there, the one with the... um, angelic look. She's got the golden tattoos on her face! Do you want me to introduce you?" Taking your hand and not waiting for an answer, she guides you over to a lovely aasimar woman who is sipping a glass of champagne.

"Valais! Good to see you! This is Anji! He's interested in meeting you!" Valais smiles, looking amused and nods to you. "How do you do, Anji?"


Indigo moves around the room, making small talk. He sees a fellow dwarf, whom he recognizes as Gorm Greathammer. Gorm grins widely. "Thank the anvil and hammer! A fellow dwarf! I thought I'd spend my night craning my neck to look at elves all evening! Gorm's my name! Grand Archive leader, or so's they tell me! What's your lineage, lad?"

Anyone who wishes to know who all the people are can roll Society or Pathfinder Society Lore!

Grand Archive

NG Male Tien Human Wizard (Conjurer) 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 | F +4 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +6 | 25' | drain bonded object 1/1 | focus point 1/1 | Active Conditions: Nil

"Oh, excuse me!"

A tanned Tian man bumps into Janira. No wonder for his nose was buried deep within a book. He recovers quite quickly on his feet, however, and apologises with a refined bow although he makes a quick check to ensure the book isn't damaged before he stuffs it into one of his pouches. He is rather well-groomed yet careless about his appearance at the same time. Hair is neatly combed back but loose strands are sticking out, and he doesn't seem to have shaven in days. The robes he wears is rather fine and exquisite, but is wrinkled at places.

"Nice party," he remarks rather casually. "My name is Zhao Kang, but you can call me Kang. I've learnt that I need to state that upfront or people would keep calling me by my family name. Which is fine by me actually, but I think my father wouldn't be so keen about that." Was that a whimsical look?

He spends a moment to scan the room, trying to see if anything about the Pathfinder Society his tutors had drummed into him was actually retained.
society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

I've put down my stealth bonus for the init.


Janira smiles back at Kang. "Hello! It's good to see you outside of training! Let me know if you need me to introduce you to anyone!"

Kang spots Calisro Benarry, faction leader of the Horizon Hunters faction, whom he met at a function during his training. She's a female half-orc, dressed in a nautical captain's coat and seemed friendly when they met. She asked him a lot of questions about Tien sailing practices and seemed both informed and interested in his experiences with them.

Radiant Oath

Male NG Ancient Blood Dwarf Artist Champion 1 | HP 32/22(32)| AC 17 (+1) | F: +7, R: +3, W: +6 (+1) | Perc: +4 (+1) | Speed 20ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero points: 1/3 | Active conditions: Wounded 1.

Indigo smiles and greats the fellow dwarf. "I am Indigo Rosenbeard, of the Rosenbeard clan. My family is from Riddleport. We have been running a spice trading operation for over 80 years. My grandfather left the Five Kingdoms and took on the city life and has done quite well. From time to time I have helped explore for new sources of rare herbs and spices, but now I find my calling to work with the pathfinders and help spread Shelyns blessing."

"Being a leader requires much to be seen? If I can be any assistance I would enjoy lending a hand"

Society to recognize other: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Gorm grins at Indigo. "Well now, I'm relatively new at this 'leadership' thing. Time will tell and all. Shelyn, eh? Good on you! I might just have a job you could do, actually... 1d10 ⇒ 4 Seems there's a scholar at the College of Mysteries has been working on potentially dangerous research.
I'm not sure what the research is, but I know it’s partially based on nameless scrolls from Nidal. I don't particularly care if the Pathfinder Society gets the original scrolls—they’re probably on human skin anyway—but I would like you and your friends to secure a copy for study. Think you'd be up for that?"


Kang can see Calisro is currently talking to someone, a well-groomed, clean-shaven man of Qadiran descent, dressed finely and flashing a charming smile. Nonetheless, she glances toward Kang and smiles, motioning him over with a relieved look on her face.

"Kang, darn fine to see you! Have you met Aaqir al-Hakam? Used to be quite the Pathfinder move and shaker, but he's... why are you stepping back, Aaqir?"

Aaqir looks somewhat ruffled by Kang's addition to the conversation, and turns to him. Behind Aaqir. Kang sees Calisro sigh and smile, clearly happy to foist the man off on another conversationalist. Kang gets the sense that she would take it as a personal favor if he would entertain Aaqir for a time.

You can impress Aaqir with a Diplomacy, Society, Guild Lore, or
Mercantile Lore check.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Fighter 01 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +5 | Perc +7 | Athletics +8 | Speed 20' | Melee +10/+5/+0 (1d8+5) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

A well armored dwarf enters the feast hall. He looks around and seems displeased with what he sees yet he shakes his head and keeps walking towards the halfling lady named Janira Gavix:"Hello missus. Barin Orcsbane here. I've got your message and I've answered the call. Now, I have two questions: first, where I can find master Eando Kline, leader of the Vigilant Seal? And second... where's the ale? I was promised ale as I recall!"

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Elf Fighter 2: Spd:25, HP:30/30, Hero Points:1, 1 Cold Resistance, AC:18, Fort:7, Ref:9, Will:4, Per:6 Lowlight, Stealth:7

Zac tries to appeal to Aaquir's culture, religion and nature society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Radiant Oath

Male N Human Garundi Scholar Cleric 1 | HP 17/17| AC 13 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spells 1:2/2 |
Our Mysterious Benefactor wrote:

Janira smiles widely. "Oh, that would be Valais Durant! She's the woman over there, the one with the... um, angelic look. She's got the golden tattoos on her face! Do you want me to introduce you?" Taking your hand and not waiting for an answer, she guides you over to a lovely aasimar woman who is sipping a glass of champagne.

"Valais! Good to see you! This is Anji! He's interested in meeting you!" Valais smiles, looking amused and nods to you. "How do you do, Anji?"

Anji is a little uncomfortable at how overly friendly the halfling Janira is, but surrenders his will as he realizes the ends justify the means, and this Garundi is a man of results!

"Hail Madam Durant, I find myself in good health, so I cannot complain. Please tell me more about the faction known as the Radiant Oath as I wish to service them in my journey as a Pathfinder Society member."

Radiant Oath

CG Snow Goblin Wizard 3| 02/30 | AC 20 | F +7 R +8 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +8 Speed 25ft | Focus 0 | Spells 0 6/6 Spells 1 3/4 Spells 2 3/3 | Conditions:

Molly will also attempt to learn some more about Aaqir.
Impress Aaqir with Society: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
"Correct me if I am wrong, Trade Prince, but it is you who wrote, or financed, the codex on financial aspects of the Society's trade agreements and treatises? I loved reading that report!"

Radiant Oath

Male NG Ancient Blood Dwarf Artist Champion 1 | HP 32/22(32)| AC 17 (+1) | F: +7, R: +3, W: +6 (+1) | Perc: +4 (+1) | Speed 20ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero points: 1/3 | Active conditions: Wounded 1.

Indigo bows. "It will be a pleasure to investigate. Though although I do agree that the use of human skin is distasteful, the historical and artistic value should still be preserved. "

Excusing himself. Indigo will go towards Durant, and politely introduce himself to both her and Anji.

"It is pleasant to see a many of Nethys in attendance. Science, Magic, an Art all work to make a better world."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Okay lets go with the 1

"But want can a two-faced god offer?"

The statement is made out of ignorance and a trip of the tongue than out of malice towards Anji


Aaqir and Calisro
Zac tries to make small talk, but his efforts prove less than effective, but Molly's dazzling gambit of ego-stroking works wonders and Aaqir is soon immeshed in conversation with the goblin, discussing the finer points of tariff and trade policy along the Golden Road. Calisro slips aside and nods at Kang and Zac. "Thank your friend for the timely save! Can't stand the minutiae that man wants to revel in. Anyway, I need a favor from your lot. You seem capable and I like capable people. There's a partially collapsed house in the Precipice Quarter, long rumored to be haunted, that has been marked for demolition in the next few days. I bet that you could gain yourselves a good story by staying in the house overnight before it’s demolished. Not only would such an endeavor prove your mettle and provide you with experience camping in potentially unfriendly territory, but you might also learn interesting tidbits about the house’s former owners. After all, not every discovery requires weeks of grueling travel!"

Eando Kline
Janira smiles at Barin. "Oh he's over here, talking to Tamrin Credence! Let's say hello!" She leads Barin over and introduces him. Eando looks him up and down and nods curtly. Tamrin, on the other hand, smiles broadly. "Tell me about yourself, Barin. Where do stand the question of slavery?"
You can impress Tamrin by roleplay or you can roll Deception, Stealth, Thievery, Legal Lore, or Underworld Lore.

Valais
Valais smiles. Before she can open her mouth to speak, a dark skinned half-elf woman steps up with a drink for herself and Valais. Valais smiles. "Anji, this is Fola Barun. She operates the Envoy's Alliance. We were just speaking about aiding the downtrodden. Tell me, how would you help the poor souls who fled from the Whispering Tyrant's ravages?"
You may roleplay or you may roll Crafting, Medicine, or any Lore skill as long as you use it to present a plan to assist those in need.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Fighter 01 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +5 | Perc +7 | Athletics +8 | Speed 20' | Melee +10/+5/+0 (1d8+5) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

Deception, Stealth, Thievery, Legal Lore, or Underworld Lore? AH! Barin has -2 to cha and -1 to int... he's very opinionated though... let's go with roleplay! :P

"I'm against it" the dwarf states bluntly, answering Credence's question before elaborating further:"Owning someone is not productive... more it's wasteful. It takes away choice and therefore personal accountability. In life one needs to have a chance to prove himself, or herself for that matter, counting on his own strength and capabilities. Slavery takes away all of that. If you are notv responsible for yourself you cannot be held accountable for your actions both great and vile. At the same time I don't believe one's owner should be given credit for something done by someone else. In short, I don't believe slavery serves any useful purpose but the enrichment of those who profit from it and that's frankly despicable, as you should get what you deserve not what you forced someone else to achieve for you"

The dwarf then adresses Eando Kline:"Master Kline. I just wanted to let you know your sentiments about knowledge and hidden threats are shared by many, and I'm one them. Tell me what I can do to help and I will do my best to accomplish it"


Eando Kline

Eando and Tamrin exchange a glance and you note a small nod from Tamrin, thought it's so faint you might have imagined it. Eando smiles. "Well said, Barin. I may have something you can help with, you and your friends. Some smugglers were using a recently exposed ship in the Flotsam Graveyard to smuggle goods into the city from Nex—including creatures, apparently. One of their “goods” broke free of its containment, and the smugglers been looking for someone to recapture it. I'm not keen on letting the smugglers regain their missing “cargo,” as the creature is equally likely to be a slave or a menace. Your goal is to locate and identify this strange creature, and then determine what its fate should be. I'm empowering you and your friends to make that decision, because I don't believe you should trust an uninformed central authority to make that call. I believe the man in the fight is the man who ought to know best. And I think you're the right man, sorry, dwarf for the job. Can I count on you?"

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Fighter 01 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +5 | Perc +7 | Athletics +8 | Speed 20' | Melee +10/+5/+0 (1d8+5) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

Barin nods grimly as he listens to Eando Kline explanation:"Find the escaped creature. Assess the threat it poses. If it's an escaped sentient creature help it regain its freeedom. If instead it's a dangerous monster deal with it accordingly. Seems straightforward enough. I'll inform the others stressing we should make haste". Once finished Barin bows curtly to Kline and Credence both and then departs searching for his companions.

Radiant Oath

Male N Human Garundi Scholar Cleric 1 | HP 17/17| AC 13 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spells 1:2/2 |

"Hail madam Fola, the answer fairly simple. We would need to show the victims that simple magics would be able to ward off even the most dangerous of evils. Perhaps some sort of divination spell to foresee the dangers? Or perhaps an evocation spell to brace a wall of fire? Surely there's a spell for all the occasions!" Anji responds with much enthusiasm as speaks about different magics.

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Valais and Fola

Valais and Fola nod politely, but Anji senses his answer didn't seem to entirely satisfy them. Nevertheless, Fola smiles and says, "Perhaps I have a task you might be suited for. A Pathfinder was petrified during the Charge of the Gorgon for smuggling a forbidden item into the city. The relic in question had been recovered from an Azlanti ruin within gillmen territory at the Society’s request; while the item was confiscated by the city and returned to the gillmen watching over the site, I feel the Society should take responsibility in getting the Pathfinder restored. With help from the Society’s legal team, I have gotten permission to restore the victim, but I need you to carry out the directive." She gives you a greater salve of antiparalysis with explicit instructions that it be used only on the target.

You can certainly chat some more with the assembled personages, but you have four missions from the faction leaders to undertake. Which one would you like to start with?

Radiant Oath

Male NG Ancient Blood Dwarf Artist Champion 1 | HP 32/22(32)| AC 17 (+1) | F: +7, R: +3, W: +6 (+1) | Perc: +4 (+1) | Speed 20ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero points: 1/3 | Active conditions: Wounded 1.

Since it was what was offered to him Indigo suggests going to the College of Mysteries first "Seems like an simple enough task"

Grand Archive

NG Male Tien Human Wizard (Conjurer) 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 | F +4 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +6 | 25' | drain bonded object 1/1 | focus point 1/1 | Active Conditions: Nil
Our Mysterious Benefactor wrote:
Kang spots Calisro Benarry, faction leader of the Horizon Hunters faction, whom he met at a function during his training. She's a female half-orc, dressed in a nautical captain's coat and seemed friendly when they met. She asked him a lot of questions about Tien sailing practices and seemed both informed and interested in his experiences with them.

Kang laughs nervously as he runs his fingers through his hair unconsciously, mussing up what had been a very neat set of locks. "Oh, my family had their own ship and in my youth, I did travel quite extensively when they visited Goka and other cities. But I must admit, I know quite little about the sailing. We, um, left it to the sailors?"

Our Mysterious Benefactor wrote:
"Kang, darn fine to see you! Have you met Aaqir al-Hakam? Used to be quite the Pathfinder move and shaker, but he's... why are you stepping back, Aaqir?"

Again, the little nervous laugh when he notices Calisro's subtle (or not so subtle) request. But after drawing a short breath, his demeanour seems to change almost entirely, as he draws himself up straight, bearing an almost regal bearing. "Aaqir al-Hakam? Of course I have heard of the consummate master trader of Qadira. Nobles throughout the lands of Ling Shen would seek whatever favours they can just to have the chance to make acquaintance of him. Alas, my personal interest does not lean towards that of the mercantile but it is nonetheless still an honor."

society: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


I have one vote for College of Mysteries. Do I have a second? Rule of two gets it!

Radiant Oath

CG Snow Goblin Wizard 3| 02/30 | AC 20 | F +7 R +8 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +8 Speed 25ft | Focus 0 | Spells 0 6/6 Spells 1 3/4 Spells 2 3/3 | Conditions:

I am still present, just running multiple games.

Molly continues to indulge the Trade Prince unless someone comes and gets her for something more interesting.
I am ok with the College of Mysteries.


Before you head out, Janira reappears, holding a parcel. "Apparently you managed to impress Gorm, Calisro and Eando! They sent these items along to aid you in your mission!" The parcel contains:
1. a small, unmarked hip flask, with a note describing it as “a pick-me-up for when you really need to get back on your feet.”
2. A note from Eando Kline with a list of individuals he goes to for information across Absalom, telling you to drop his name in conversations with those individuals to get the best scoop on current events. This grants the PCs a +2 circumstance bonus to a single Diplomacy check to Gather Information during this scenario.
3. A scroll of heal from Gorm, with a note wishing you the best of luck.

College of Mysteries!

You arrive in the Petals District to find the Blakros Museum, closed and darkened. You check the door and discover it's unlocked. You open the door cautiously and a surprised face of a man in a janitor's uniform appears. "Hello? Can I help ye?"

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Elf Fighter 2: Spd:25, HP:30/30, Hero Points:1, 1 Cold Resistance, AC:18, Fort:7, Ref:9, Will:4, Per:6 Lowlight, Stealth:7

Nice to meet you, I'm Zac, my crew will tell you what they want.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Fighter 01 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +5 | Perc +7 | Athletics +8 | Speed 20' | Melee +10/+5/+0 (1d8+5) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

"Yes you can. What do you know about nindalese scrolls? We need some" Barin asks bluntly... and somehow impatiently.

I assume Barin was briefed about the mission. I'll let the others sweet talk the information out of the janitor though :P (If you have not guessed by now, Barin is not the best one there is as reading situations :P)

Grand Archive

NG Male Tien Human Wizard (Conjurer) 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 | F +4 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +6 | 25' | drain bonded object 1/1 | focus point 1/1 | Active Conditions: Nil

crafting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Kang takes over the hip flask eagerly, unstopping it to sniff at its contents and studying it carefully under the light. (Attempting to identify its contents.)

---

At the college, Kang keeps himself at the back, quite content to let others do the speaking. For he knows how well his old habits can surface. Took him a while but he eventually realised that casually commanding commoners... uh people to perform random tasks can become quite annoying.


"M'name's Chayron. I clean up afterhours. I think one o' the museum types is upstairs workin'. Why doncha you go up there and ask them?" He steps aside and points toward a staircase.

SLIDE SIX

Kang:
It's a minor healing potion!

You thank the man and head upstairs. The Blakros museum after dark is eerily silent, but well illuminated thanks to dozens of continually burning candles. To your left is a row of offices and a door to what is labeled "Lecture Hall." To the south, a strange shadow is cast by some huge creature in the main exhibit hall.

Which way?

Radiant Oath

Male NG Ancient Blood Dwarf Artist Champion 1 | HP 32/22(32)| AC 17 (+1) | F: +7, R: +3, W: +6 (+1) | Perc: +4 (+1) | Speed 20ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero points: 1/3 | Active conditions: Wounded 1.

Indigo will walk up and open the door to the lecture hall. "Hello?"

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf Fighter 01 | HP 23/23 | AC 18 (20) | Fort +8 Ref +6 Will +5 | Perc +7 | Athletics +8 | Speed 20' | Melee +10/+5/+0 (1d8+5) | Ranged +6 (1d8) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

"Let's start checking the place out without leaving onchecked rooms behind us. Who knows what could kind of dangerous experiment they may hide?" Barin says moving towards the offices to the right...


The office doors all appear to be closed and locked.


Inigo opens the door to the Lecture Hall. This long, narrow presentation space has seating for around thirty guests, all facing a low stage at the south end of the room. At first glance the room seems empty, but a moment later, it seems as though the shadows of an audience still fill the plush seats. A chill draft sweeps through the room, and of a whispery voice echoes from the podium.

“...and rather than engage in a responsible, controlled study of the codebook, Yargos Gill decided—imprudently—to simply execute the signals listed therein...” The voice trails off into a looming silence.

Radiant Oath

CG Snow Goblin Wizard 3| 02/30 | AC 20 | F +7 R +8 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +8 Speed 25ft | Focus 0 | Spells 0 6/6 Spells 1 3/4 Spells 2 3/3 | Conditions:

Molly follows up behind Inigo, and hears what is going on inside. The lecture has Molly's eager attention. When the silence happens, she then turns to peek inside, and whispers to her fellow Pathfinder. "What gives? I want to hear more about codebooks!"

Radiant Oath

Male N Human Garundi Scholar Cleric 1 | HP 17/17| AC 13 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spells 1:2/2 |

If we require an exploration tactic, Anji will always choose detect magic, thus he will be currently detecting magic as he walks about.

Anji thinks little of the task put forward but nonetheless begrudgingly accepts as he wishes to pull through on his ambitious of being a worldly Arcane Scholar with the help of the Pathfinder Society.

Hearing the voice, Anji rushes to take a look and attempts to discern if magic plays a hand in this phenomenon.


The whispery voices seem to fade in and out, but Molly can hear: "“...six flashes of red light to initiate an attack on the granary...” and “...auras of silence to interrupt the Metro-Cathedral’s Oathday organ performance..."

Anji detects that magic is present.

Radiant Oath

Male NG Ancient Blood Dwarf Artist Champion 1 | HP 32/22(32)| AC 17 (+1) | F: +7, R: +3, W: +6 (+1) | Perc: +4 (+1) | Speed 20ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero points: 1/3 | Active conditions: Wounded 1.

Confused at the ghostly lecture, he cautiously step in the room, mostly to allow other to look in, and then look around the room himself.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Aside from the ghostly voices, Indigo sees nothing unusual here.

Radiant Oath

Male N Human Garundi Scholar Cleric 1 | HP 17/17| AC 13 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spells 1:2/2 |

Is Anji able to discern the type of Aura? Or able to make an appropriate identify roll?


Read up on Detect Magic. It's not the same as first edition anymore!

Radiant Oath

Male NG Ancient Blood Dwarf Artist Champion 1 | HP 32/22(32)| AC 17 (+1) | F: +7, R: +3, W: +6 (+1) | Perc: +4 (+1) | Speed 20ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Hero points: 1/3 | Active conditions: Wounded 1.
Our Mysterious Benefactor wrote:
Read up on Detect Magic. It's not the same as first edition anymore!

I would also recommend looking at Read Aura (1 minute) and the Identify Magic Action/Activity (10 minutes)

Grand Archive

NG Male Tien Human Wizard (Conjurer) 1 | HP 15/15 | AC 16 | F +4 R +6 W +6 | Perc +4 | Stealth +6 | 25' | drain bonded object 1/1 | focus point 1/1 | Active Conditions: Nil

Anyone wants the minor healing potion? Maybe one of the frontliners like Barin?

[ooc]Lol! Yargos Gill and the signal books! My 2nd ever PFS game. It was great fun!"[/b]

While the rest of the party seems fascinated by whatever is happening in what appears to a lecture theatre (something he has more than his fill of), Kang is instead drawn to the office doors, particularly when Barin finds them locked. He stands in front of the nearest one, looking clearly conflicted and wringing his hands. Finally, not able to resist it further, he pulls out a set of lockpicks and get to work.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Thievery: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


The lock proves more difficult than Kang thought, stymieing his efforts to pick them! The door he's working on does bear a name plate: Nigel Aldain, Curator

Radiant Oath

Male N Human Garundi Scholar Cleric 1 | HP 17/17| AC 13 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +9 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft| Focus Pool: 1/1 | Spells 1:2/2 |

Whoops, yeah playing multiple games at once those not help. I do have detect Aura.. Detect Magic is still a directional cantrip, so if there is anything in particular that i might think is unusual i will cast detect Aura upon it.

Anji looks into the room and attempts to discern if there's any unusual objects inside.

Horizon Hunters

M Half-Elf Fighter 2: Spd:25, HP:30/30, Hero Points:1, 1 Cold Resistance, AC:18, Fort:7, Ref:9, Will:4, Per:6 Lowlight, Stealth:7

Well then, we just need to find that guy and get his permission to open the door.

1 to 50 of 321 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.