The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


77,501 to 77,550 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1546 | 1547 | 1548 | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | next > last >>

Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:


Jasper nods and follows her out to the hallway, box in one of his arm sets.
"It's been a while, and they should still have someone in even though it's a weekend."
He smirks a little as she tries to gloss over her expression.
"Hey, you uh... You've been through a lot really quickly. I understand if trying to smile through would help you, and I can shut up if you want, but I just wanna say that you don't have to do it for me..."

"Way to see right through me," she said wryly. "I'm just trying to keep it together long enough to get to my new room. I don't mind falling apart in front of you. You're my friend. But I'd rather not be a total mess in front of random strangers," she said with a self-conscious shrug. She triggers the arrows once they were out of the hallway with the house and sighs with relief as they light up. "Well, that's promising. If I didn't have a room, the arrows wouldn't be able to find it so they'd just spin. Looks like there's somewhere for me here..."

The arrows led them down a hall, up two flights of stairs, down another hall, a sharp left, then another staircase. "Huh. I thought there were only three floors," she said, confused, but followed along anyways. At the top of the stairs there was a hallway that looked totally deserted. Dust and spiders were in abundance. There were a few doors but they were marked with things like storage and maintenance. "And I think some of this hallway used to be in the basement.....weird. I'd forgotten how confusing it could get when the school rearranges itself." The arrows led to a door at the far end of this hall, and An opened it, feeling more than a little bit nervous. But the inside of the room was a marked contrast to the dusty hallway it was currently residing in. It was bright, with white walls and large windows. There was a wrought iron daybed painted white and covered with pillows in various shades of pink. A painting of a ballerina practicing hung over the bed. A large pink and white rag rug covered most of the floor. There was a white rolltop desk and a white bookshelf with several books already on it. There was also a large white wardrobe and a vanity with a stool skirted with pink satin in front of it. The large windows left space for a generously sized window seat, also lined with pillows similar to what was on the bed. Andromeda stepped inside. "Whoa. This is amazing! This is like, my dream bedroom from when I was a kid...and nothing at all like my old room....the school really outdid itself here...."


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

Kevin double checks the space between the top of the terrarium and the ooze's height. It would be a pretty bad impression for the pet he gave Jeran to get out on the first day and eat the homework he seemed to put a lot of time into.

"I don't mind waking, it'll give some more time to talk."

As Jeran gets his jacket, Kevin adjusts his own lab coat out of a sympathetic habit, ready to head out.

"Hoverbike sounds like it'd be fun. I'd volunteer to help you guys test a heavier duty one. I can get bigger pretty easily, smaller is what I have trouble with. You'd think with shape shifting powers I could at least make myself fit, but noooo."
He laughs a little as well. Seems his nervous conversation is self depreciation.
"Hey, don't worry about it. I like it when you're excited about stuff. And if we couldn't geek out about stuff we're into, we'd pretty much just be silent, ya know?"

As they stop by his room, he leaves the door open, though given the short amount of time it takes him to get the small satchel of coins from his nightstand, there's not so much of a need to get as acquainted with the space.

Kevin's room is slightly more furnished than Jeran's and with the same caveish wall and floors and no windows, though likely for different reasons than Jeran chose them and feelings somewhat more artificial. His desk is covered in formulas and papers with a chalk board mounted to the wall behind it. There are more than a few beakers and vials among the desk with various mixes and chemicals.
In one corner of the room a cello stands upright with a bow and music stand near it.
Across the room is a large display case with what seems like the start of some sort of antique or art collection including a porcelain tea set, some glass sculptures, and a few nicer glasses, beakers, and vials, all made exclusively from glass.
In the place a bed would normally be is instead a large ceramic bathtub sort of thing, sans faucet, drain or plumbing.

"Huh. I think it's a mass versus volume thing. It's easy enough to change volume, but mass remains constant, and there's only so far you can condense a constant mass....I mean maybe if you got either really hot or really cold, you could manage to condense your mass smaller, but I don't think it would be particularly healthy. Not the kind of experiments you want to be running on yourself," he said as he considered Kevin's difficulty in shifting size.

"You play the cello?" Jeran asks, noticing the instrument in the brief amount of time that he's standing in the doorway while Kevin retrieves his wallet. "That's a pretty cool hobby. Did you already tell me about that? Sorry if I just forgot. It's been kind of a rough week and I don't know if I'm coming or going half the time."


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
Fei quietly continues to monitor the situation outside to ensure the 'harmony' mentioned so smugly by Liren begins to properly restore itself and allow the ceremony to commence.

Without the chancellor's 'help' the preparations went much more smoothly and soon the celebration was back on track. Faaelwen was even able to pause long enough to drink a cup of juice. Not an ideal meal substitute, but enough to get through until the banquet later. At the appointed time, a page was sent to fetch Tyrrin and Ehos. Ehos gave Jaiye a quick kiss before he left and Lira and Liren didn't bother trying to hide their disgusted expressions.

"Well," Lira said with false cheerfulness, looking at everyone except Jaiye, "It's time for us to escort you to your seats as well. A very special viewing area has been set aside for our honored guests. Please, follow us."


Image

He led Raelle and Ardiente to the teleport room, but steered them away from the token basket. "It's more of a permanent gateway. This door right over here. It's so that the pilots and also the work study folks can get back and forth from the factory to the school quickly. Here you can see that the door comes out in the lobby of the research and development building," he said, waving them through. "There's a security scanner on each side so random people can't use it as they please. Only folks with clearance. Raelle, I'll show you around the R&D building on Monday since you'll be working here a lot, but this time we need to cut across the courtyard here and head on over to the hangar, which is very security restricted. Ardiente already knows how that works. Raelle, you're already in the system as well since part of your job will be working with ground control here," he said, leading the way and then stopping abruptly, his face going pale.

"Ardiente, take Raelle to the hangar. They're already expecting her. Elle, you can just go ahead and get started with diagnostics on any of the mechs. I have to go. Fieri needs me," he said rapidly before teleporting away.

James arrived at the firebird encampment in the middle of what seemed like total chaos. He ignored all of it, heading straight for Fi, who was semi-conscious and being held by Sorchan. Someone tried to stop him, telling him that this meeting was for firebirds only. He turned and glared at them, his eyes going draconic as he snarled, "I. DO. NOT. CARE." He shoved his way through the crowd to Fieri. She clung to him as soon as he got there, burying her face against his shoulder as the tears started. He cradled her gently, picking her up easily. "It's going to be alright," he murmured. "I'm taking you home now."


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.

Ryleh led the way into the infirmary. It was as always very busy. She led Havel up to the front desk. "Good day, Henrik," she said coolly to the goblin currently manning reception. "I have a new patient here for evaluation. His name is Havel," she said, gesturing to indicate who she meant. "It isn't an emergency, but I would rather not wait all day. If necessary I can run the scanner myself."

Henrik scowled. But then, Henrik always scowled. That's part of why he only worked reception when no one else was willing to. He was a very good nurse, but his bedside manner left a lot to be desired. "Alvays in a hurry everyvun iz. Hurry, hurry, hurry," he grumbled. "Ve vill be callingk you ven ve haff un opening."


Ambigously elven Dragon ??? 16/ dragon shaman 6
Ryleh wrote:

Ryleh led the way into the infirmary. It was as always very busy. She led Havel up to the front desk. "Good day, Henrik," she said coolly to the goblin currently manning reception. "I have a new patient here for evaluation. His name is Havel," she said, gesturing to indicate who she meant. "It isn't an emergency, but I would rather not wait all day. If necessary I can run the scanner myself."

Henrik scowled. But then, Henrik always scowled. That's part of why he only worked reception when no one else was willing to. He was a very good nurse, but his bedside manner left a lot to be desired. "Alvays in a hurry everyvun iz. Hurry, hurry, hurry," he grumbled. "Ve vill be callingk you ven ve haff un opening."

Havel pauses, a while, before leaning a bit closer to Ryleh and whispering "I have no idea what he just said."


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
narrator wrote:


Without the chancellor's 'help' the preparations went much more smoothly and soon the celebration was back on track. Faaelwen was even able to pause long enough to drink a cup of juice. Not an ideal meal substitute, but enough to get through until the banquet later. At the appointed time, a page was sent to fetch Tyrrin and Ehos. Ehos gave Jaiye a quick kiss before he left and Lira and Liren didn't bother trying to hide their disgusted expressions.

"Well," Lira said with false cheerfulness, looking at everyone except Jaiye, "It's time for us to escort you to your seats as well. A very special viewing area has been set aside for our honored guests. Please, follow us."

Knowing an open display of affection might be off when dealing with the high seer's daughter, he simply shoots her a wink and a smile as she turns to leave.

"Lead on then, honored escorts."


Male Firebird

Vis is quietly wandering the hallways alone, brushing his hand up against the wall. He simoke thinks about looking to find a teacher to speak to- preferably one for the elementary or a counceler, or... Someone to listen.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:

Without the chancellor's 'help' the preparations went much more smoothly and soon the celebration was back on track. Faaelwen was even able to pause long enough to drink a cup of juice. Not an ideal meal substitute, but enough to get through until the banquet later. At the appointed time, a page was sent to fetch Tyrrin and Ehos. Ehos gave Jaiye a quick kiss before he left and Lira and Liren didn't bother trying to hide their disgusted expressions.

"Well," Lira said with false cheerfulness, looking at everyone except Jaiye, "It's time for us to escort you to your seats as well. A very special viewing area has been set aside for our honored guests. Please, follow us."

Fei nods respectfully, then follows behind the others.

Given the behavior demonstrated by their father, the young monk inwardly expects the siblings' definition of 'very special viewing area' to be...somewhat different from their own. (^-^)


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace eyes the pair a tad suspiciously 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (7) + 28 = 35 Sense Motive "After you." He says, grabbing his staff where he had it leaning up against the wall.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"I'm kinda just good at getting to know one person kinda well really quick. Part of the whole "Eyyess mastaah, your weesh my commaaand" schtick. Lucky for you, this time it's not so I can make you magnetic when you asked to be the most attractive person in the world."

Jasper's room is on the second floor, and he'd never seen the staircase before, so he's visibly confused for a moment before they start up it and he realizes he's only expending more energy thinking too hard about it.

He smirks somewhat in distaste as he sees the musty hallway her room is situated on. When they get to the door and she checks it out, he turns an about face to the hallway.
He takes a moment and sets the box down, freeing his hands to work as he blows open the windows to the hallway, inhales deeply and exhales a powerful gust, blowing away all of the gathered dust and cobwebs, leaving the hallway at least a bit friendlier if not totally clean.
With that short chore done, he ducks through the door and checks out the room, nodding in appreciation of it's accuracy to her taste.
"Definitely you, An. No doubt about that."
He picks up the box and there's a short flash while her back is turned before, grinning in that way he does, he presents her with her own things in it giftwrapped with a bow.
"Got you a roomwarming present, hope you like it."


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"Yeah, I'm not sure if I could take enough temperature change to help. I'm exothermic now, but I'm still just as vulnerable to hot and cold as a human. Acids don't hurt which is a big plus with my work, but makes things taste different. Lemons kinda taste like air freshener smells now, sorta fresh, but not good. And as far as size changing magic goes, I'm still trying to determine what will work on me. I've had to adjust all of my alchemy formulas for my new biometrics, which took a while, but wasn't too hard given that I've adapted them to work for other people already."

He shuffles around through his desk drawer as he talks, now finding his wallet and heading back out. He must not get out much if he doesn't have it in a place he can get to it easily.

"Nah, you're fine, I don't think I've mentioned it before. And if I have, eh. I'm not entirely sure where my brain is in all this goop at any given moment, so we're both just as likely to forget stuff right now. Anyways, I started playing to take me focus on my work and it kinda just went from there. I'm decent enough, but it's still the cello, so it's not exactly getting me any cool points if I'm good or bad, right?"
He sets his elbow to the wall to get them out of the building, using his sleeve to keep from leaving a trail on the wall. There's a lot of awkward things to avoid when being a goo dragon.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

Tybalt looks down at the clock and rubs his thumb over the edge.

"These are the Ancestors of the islands on the planet I'm from. And they're in this order because we believe that when we live a good life we move on to the next step when we pass from that life, but if you don't you're​ either born again on the same island or even further back in the cycle. But when you've lived through every step, you're born a final time as one of these dragons in the City Under the Sea."

The two of them walk more or less amelessly down the picturesque little street as they talk.

Dave nods "city under the sea? You guys have some sort of aquatic dragons?"

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13
Maya Rego wrote:
Maya frowns a bit, at being reminded of that.

"do you expect people to turn off their ears and nose around you?"


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.
Lucas Svarog wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:
Maya frowns a bit, at being reminded of that.
"do you expect people to turn off their ears and nose around you?"

"I fail to see what that has to do with a dislike of magical empathy. And easedroppers."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

"I'm just saying, it's hard not to evesdrop for those of us with enhanced senses"


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Havel the Bishop wrote:
Ryleh wrote:

Ryleh led the way into the infirmary. It was as always very busy. She led Havel up to the front desk. "Good day, Henrik," she said coolly to the goblin currently manning reception. "I have a new patient here for evaluation. His name is Havel," she said, gesturing to indicate who she meant. "It isn't an emergency, but I would rather not wait all day. If necessary I can run the scanner myself."

Henrik scowled. But then, Henrik always scowled. That's part of why he only worked reception when no one else was willing to. He was a very good nurse, but his bedside manner left a lot to be desired. "Alvays in a hurry everyvun iz. Hurry, hurry, hurry," he grumbled. "Ve vill be callingk you ven ve haff un opening."

Havel pauses, a while, before leaning a bit closer to Ryleh and whispering "I have no idea what he just said."

Ryleh allowed a slight smile. "Typical bluster. Medical staff don't like being told what to do," she said quietly. "Not to worry. They never keep me waiting long. They don't like it when I linger in the waiting area. I'm told it's disturbing."


Ghalen Kiln wrote:


Knowing an open display of affection might be off when dealing with the high seer's daughter, he simply shoots her a wink and a smile as she turns to leave.
"Lead on then, honored escorts."
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:


Fei nods respectfully, then follows behind the others.

Given the behavior demonstrated by their father, the young monk inwardly expects the siblings' definition of 'very special viewing area' to be...somewhat different from their own. (^-^)

"Ace" wrote:
Ace eyes the pair a tad suspiciously 1d20+28 Sense Motive "After you." He says, grabbing his staff where he had it leaning up against the wall.

Jaiye takes a deep breath and attempts to keep a calm demeanor. This was a difficult enough situation already without making it worse. She follows without comment, staying close to the others. Getting lost would be very bad here.

Lira and Liren lead the group outside the tent and across the field through the milling crowds, keeping up a general patter about the history of the festival and which churches would be represented during the ceremony. They lead the group along what is most certainly the most crowded route to the viewing box and there are already some pointed looks and grumbling when folks spot Jaiye, openly showing her ears and tail. Jaiye appears to be ignoring the attention, holding herself with confidence.

Sense Motive results:
The twins have chosen the most difficult route on purpose in order to give others the opportunity to start trouble.


Vis Niyambi wrote:
Vis is quietly wandering the hallways alone, brushing his hand up against the wall. He simoke thinks about looking to find a teacher to speak to- preferably one for the elementary or a counceler, or... Someone to listen.

The arrows lead him to Ephebe's office. It's empty at present, but there is, as always, a plate of cookies on the coffee table in front of the comfortable chairs. It's likely that if he goes inside the office will summon the headmistress to come and talk.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

As they are walking, Ace will try and subtly get his companions attention, though his main 'target' is Jai.

Once he does, he passes a message via rapid hand signals 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (14) + 33 = 47 Bluff to pass a secret message, DC 20 for a complex one. Auto succeed, rolling to make sure they probably can't intercept.

Message: Took us this way, hoping we would cause trouble.


Ambigously elven Dragon ??? 16/ dragon shaman 6
Ryleh wrote:
Havel the Bishop wrote:
Ryleh wrote:

Ryleh led the way into the infirmary. It was as always very busy. She led Havel up to the front desk. "Good day, Henrik," she said coolly to the goblin currently manning reception. "I have a new patient here for evaluation. His name is Havel," she said, gesturing to indicate who she meant. "It isn't an emergency, but I would rather not wait all day. If necessary I can run the scanner myself."

Henrik scowled. But then, Henrik always scowled. That's part of why he only worked reception when no one else was willing to. He was a very good nurse, but his bedside manner left a lot to be desired. "Alvays in a hurry everyvun iz. Hurry, hurry, hurry," he grumbled. "Ve vill be callingk you ven ve haff un opening."

Havel pauses, a while, before leaning a bit closer to Ryleh and whispering "I have no idea what he just said."
Ryleh allowed a slight smile. "Typical bluster. Medical staff don't like being told what to do," she said quietly. "Not to worry. They never keep me waiting long. They don't like it when I linger in the waiting area. I'm told it's disturbing."

Havel tilts his head to the side. "I don't see why. You seem quite polite. Maybe it's just my biased point of veiw, considering, well, we literally worship your name, but really. You're far from desturbing. Are they afraid of your power, for some reason?"


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

"I'm kinda just good at getting to know one person kinda well really quick. Part of the whole "Eyyess mastaah, your weesh my commaaand" schtick. Lucky for you, this time it's not so I can make you magnetic when you asked to be the most attractive person in the world."

Jasper's room is on the second floor, and he'd never seen the staircase before, so he's visibly confused for a moment before they start up it and he realizes he's only expending more energy thinking too hard about it.

He smirks somewhat in distaste as he sees the musty hallway her room is situated on. When they get to the door and she checks it out, he turns an about face to the hallway.
He takes a moment and sets the box down, freeing his hands to work as he blows open the windows to the hallway, inhales deeply and exhales a powerful gust, blowing away all of the gathered dust and cobwebs, leaving the hallway at least a bit friendlier if not totally clean.
With that short chore done, he ducks through the door and checks out the room, nodding in appreciation of it's accuracy to her taste.
"Definitely you, An. No doubt about that."
He picks up the box and there's a short flash while her back is turned before, grinning in that way he does, he presents her with her own things in it giftwrapped with a bow.
"Got you a roomwarming present, hope you like it."

An laughed and took the box. "Why thank you, you shouldn't have," she jokes back, setting the box down in front of the wardrobe and also setting down her new - and rather full- bag of holding beside it. "Time to unpack, I guess," she said throwing open the doors of the wardrobe. It was empty except for a few school uniforms hanging up for her. Except they weren't like the uniforms she'd had before. Same green and white color scheme, but instead of skirts there were leggings, the shirts were also of a much clingier fabric than she usually wore outside the ballet studio, and there was a loose green sweater that could be tied around the waist if desired instead of the green blazer. She looked confused for a moment and then thought about it some more. "Oh. Yeah....friction could actually be a problem....and skirts might be difficult if I suddenly got speedy....Thanks," she said, patting the wall as she realized the school had solved a problem for her before she'd even noticed it was a problem.

And then she found herself suddenly tearing up. She wiped her eyes quickly, trying to get back to unpacking, but the waterworks were back with a vengeance and she ended up sitting down on the floor in front of her closet sobbing uncontrollably.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

"Yeah, I'm not sure if I could take enough temperature change to help. I'm exothermic now, but I'm still just as vulnerable to hot and cold as a human. Acids don't hurt which is a big plus with my work, but makes things taste different. Lemons kinda taste like air freshener smells now, sorta fresh, but not good. And as far as size changing magic goes, I'm still trying to determine what will work on me. I've had to adjust all of my alchemy formulas for my new biometrics, which took a while, but wasn't too hard given that I've adapted them to work for other people already."

He shuffles around through his desk drawer as he talks, now finding his wallet and heading back out. He must not get out much if he doesn't have it in a place he can get to it easily.

"Nah, you're fine, I don't think I've mentioned it before. And if I have, eh. I'm not entirely sure where my brain is in all this goop at any given moment, so we're both just as likely to forget stuff right now. Anyways, I started playing to take me focus on my work and it kinda just went from there. I'm decent enough, but it's still the cello, so it's not exactly getting me any cool points if I'm good or bad, right?"
He sets his elbow to the wall to get them out of the building, using his sleeve to keep from leaving a trail on the wall. There's a lot of awkward things to avoid when being a goo dragon.

"Well, I think it's cool," he said laughing. "But I'm actually a terrible judge off coolness, and any points at which I was perceived as cool were totally accidental."

Once they were out of the building Jeran led the way towards the road into town, a path he was very familiar with by this point. "So how did you end up getting interested in studying oozes in the first place?" he asked, hoping to steer the conversation in a direction that Kevin would feel comfortable.


Image
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"I'm just saying, it's hard not to evesdrop for those of us with enhanced senses"

"Thank you! I tried explaining that earlier, but I may not have been quite so...er....well, there were a lot more words involved and it may have been a little bit confusing," Lyzzie said with a shrug, embarrassed that she didn't know the right word to say.


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Havel the Bishop wrote:
Ryleh wrote:

Ryleh allowed a slight smile. "Typical bluster. Medical staff don't like being told what to do," she said quietly. "Not to worry. They never keep me waiting long. They don't like it when I linger in the waiting area. I'm told it's disturbing."

Havel tilts his head to the side. "I don't see why. You seem quite polite. Maybe it's just my biased point of veiw, considering, well, we literally worship your name, but really. You're far from desturbing. Are they afraid of your power, for some reason?"

Ryleh snorted. "Not my name, dear. Technically speaking it's my son-in-law's name you lot have fixated on. My people didn't have surnames before my daughter bonded with Tamrin. It's one of many human affectations she picked up from being raised by humans. As for why they are uncomfortable, I can't possibly imagine why," she said dryly.


Ambigously elven Dragon ??? 16/ dragon shaman 6
Ryleh wrote:
Havel the Bishop wrote:
Ryleh wrote:

Ryleh allowed a slight smile. "Typical bluster. Medical staff don't like being told what to do," she said quietly. "Not to worry. They never keep me waiting long. They don't like it when I linger in the waiting area. I'm told it's disturbing."

Havel tilts his head to the side. "I don't see why. You seem quite polite. Maybe it's just my biased point of veiw, considering, well, we literally worship your name, but really. You're far from desturbing. Are they afraid of your power, for some reason?"
Ryleh snorted. "Not my name, dear. Technically speaking it's my son-in-law's name you lot have fixated on. My people didn't have surnames before my daughter bonded with Tamrin. It's one of many human affectations she picked up from being raised by humans. As for why they are uncomfortable, I can't possibly imagine why," she said dryly.

Havel chuckles.

"So noted. The interesting thing about all this, is that the farther along you get, the less reason you have to worship, as you become the very thing you idolize. Elegy is actually a full gold dragon, now. It's... Odd. I think perhaps the whole ability to change is tied to confidence. In yourself, or in another, it doesn't matter."


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Havel the Bishop wrote:
Ryleh wrote:
Havel the Bishop wrote:
Ryleh wrote:

Ryleh allowed a slight smile. "Typical bluster. Medical staff don't like being told what to do," she said quietly. "Not to worry. They never keep me waiting long. They don't like it when I linger in the waiting area. I'm told it's disturbing."

Havel tilts his head to the side. "I don't see why. You seem quite polite. Maybe it's just my biased point of veiw, considering, well, we literally worship your name, but really. You're far from desturbing. Are they afraid of your power, for some reason?"
Ryleh snorted. "Not my name, dear. Technically speaking it's my son-in-law's name you lot have fixated on. My people didn't have surnames before my daughter bonded with Tamrin. It's one of many human affectations she picked up from being raised by humans. As for why they are uncomfortable, I can't possibly imagine why," she said dryly.

Havel chuckles.

"So noted. The interesting thing about all this, is that the farther along you get, the less reason you have to worship, as you become the very thing you idolize. Elegy is actually a full gold dragon, now. It's... Odd. I think perhaps the whole ability to change is tied to confidence. In yourself, or in another, it doesn't matter."

"Well....I think that Elegy will also need to sign up for that history course. And possibly all of you will need some extra tutoring sessions....there's a great deal of history between the different types of dragons that you are still ignorant of. It is the kind of information that you will need to know. For many reasons," she said, somewhat evasively.

"You can be usingk exam room five now please," the desk attendant interrupted, scowling fiercely at them both.

Ryleh smiled. "Thank you, Henrik. Come along, Havel. Let's see what we can find out for you," she said, leading the way past the desk and along the hallway to a room marked five.


Ambigously elven Dragon ??? 16/ dragon shaman 6

"I don't think any of them will have an issue with that."
have, stands and follows to the room.
"Something tells me the history isn't pleasent. But I'll also say we've got two metallic dragons, six chromatic dragons, two gem dragons, a dragon we think is part elemental, and a drake all living in the same area, and they all get along fine. ... Except mazia. So, if you're worried about them not getting along with other dragons, that's not a problem. And if you're worried about predudice, we're used to that."


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)
Asha Soleil wrote:

It takes a few tries and some back and forth for Asha to explain that she can't see anything and if she opens her eyes she'll end up in trouble, so she needs instructions more akin to take two steps left, turn around, take three steps froward, no one more, okay you're clear before she can get back to a clear space. She opens her eyes and breathes a sigh of relief.

"Did I do it? Did I ghost through stuff? Or was I just stumbling around? I really couldn't tell. I had a picture in my head of a clear space so I just kept walking like it was really a clear space....oh, thank you, thank you, thank you," she said, falling on whatever food was currently burnt enough to be edible, stuffing her mouth so full she couldn't even talk.

::"You did! You walked through several trees, a bunch of rocks, it was pretty awesome! Why else do you think you're starving?":: He says this last with a mental chuckle, all the while continuing to burn more food for Asha.


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.
Talysmyn wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"I'm just saying, it's hard not to evesdrop for those of us with enhanced senses"
"Thank you! I tried explaining that earlier, but I may not have been quite so...er....well, there were a lot more words involved and it may have been a little bit confusing," Lyzzie said with a shrug, embarrassed that she didn't know the right word to say.

Maya grumbles indignatly. "just... I have things I need to keep to myself. Keep out of my head." she pauses, and she's suddenly all smiles again, her emotions actuslly swinging back to carefree and cocky on the spot. "so, anyway. Let's get me singed up for classes."


Image
"Ace" wrote:

As they are walking, Ace will try and subtly get his companions attention, though his main 'target' is Jai.

Once he does, he passes a message via rapid hand signals 1d20+33 Bluff to pass a secret message, DC 20 for a complex one. Auto succeed, rolling to make sure they probably can't intercept.

Message: Took us this way, hoping we would cause trouble.

Jaiye gave him a 'thanks, captain obvious' smirk, but he could tell that she was tense. "So good of you to take us the long way so we really get to see the festival grounds," she said sweetly. She knew how to play that game too. Tyrrin was a good teacher.


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Havel the Bishop wrote:

"I don't think any of them will have an issue with that."

have, stands and follows to the room.
"Something tells me the history isn't pleasent. But I'll also say we've got two metallic dragons, six chromatic dragons, two gem dragons, a dragon we think is part elemental, and a drake all living in the same area, and they all get along fine. ... Except mazia. So, if you're worried about them not getting along with other dragons, that's not a problem. And if you're worried about predudice, we're used to that."

"I want all of you to understand the often troubled history of dragons. So you understand why certain types don't along with others, and why people are afraid. You chose to become a different species than you were born. You need to learn your new cultural heritage. It's important to know where you come from because whether you want it to or not it has a bearing on where you go in the future. I am pleased that all the members of your group continue to get along. That speaks well of your group. Instincts can be a powerful thing. That you have avoided those troubles thus far is encouraging," she said, gesturing for him to enter the open door to room five. Inside the room there is a sort of large recliner that can be laid flat to become a bed if necessary. It's currently in the seated position. There are a couple of chairs against the wall as well. The walls are lined with screens, currently showing various landscape pictures, and there is a hand washing station in the corner next to a supply cabinet. "The big chair is for you."


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:

It takes a few tries and some back and forth for Asha to explain that she can't see anything and if she opens her eyes she'll end up in trouble, so she needs instructions more akin to take two steps left, turn around, take three steps froward, no one more, okay you're clear before she can get back to a clear space. She opens her eyes and breathes a sigh of relief.

"Did I do it? Did I ghost through stuff? Or was I just stumbling around? I really couldn't tell. I had a picture in my head of a clear space so I just kept walking like it was really a clear space....oh, thank you, thank you, thank you," she said, falling on whatever food was currently burnt enough to be edible, stuffing her mouth so full she couldn't even talk.
::"You did! You walked through several trees, a bunch of rocks, it was pretty awesome! Why else do you think you're starving?":: He says this last with a mental chuckle, all the while continuing to burn more food for Asha.

::I tried to do what you said, but I couldn't make the tree show up in my empty field in my head. So I decided to do it backwards and leave the tree alone. I thought that if I saw empty it might help. And it worked!!! I actually did it sort of kind of mostly on purpose!!!:: she said telepathically so she didn't have to stop eating. Her cheeks were puffed out with food like a chipmunk.


Ambigously elven Dragon ??? 16/ dragon shaman 6
Ryleh wrote:
Havel the Bishop wrote:

"I don't think any of them will have an issue with that."

have, stands and follows to the room.
"Something tells me the history isn't pleasent. But I'll also say we've got two metallic dragons, six chromatic dragons, two gem dragons, a dragon we think is part elemental, and a drake all living in the same area, and they all get along fine. ... Except mazia. So, if you're worried about them not getting along with other dragons, that's not a problem. And if you're worried about predudice, we're used to that."
"I want all of you to understand the often troubled history of dragons. So you understand why certain types don't along with others, and why people are afraid. You chose to become a different species than you were born. You need to learn your new cultural heritage. It's important to know where you come from because whether you want it to or not it has a bearing on where you go in the future. I am pleased that all the members of your group continue to get along. That speaks well of your group. Instincts can be a powerful thing. That you have avoided those troubles thus far is encouraging," she said, gesturing for him to enter the open door to room five. Inside the room there is a sort of large recliner that can be laid flat to become a bed if necessary. It's currently in the seated position. There are a couple of chairs against the wall as well. The walls are lined with screens, currently showing various landscape pictures, and there is a hand washing station in the corner next to a supply cabinet. "The big chair is for you."

"I wasn't arguing that it was unnecessary. It's still a good idea. I just felt like you seemed... Concerned. Anyway..." Havel gets up on the chair with a decent bit of effort, and starts to unbuckle his leg platings. The armor is so skintight it looks as if he's taking off his flesh. Underneth the armor is pale, cloudy scales, looking borderline withered and aged. On the back of his leg is a huge black spot that can be seen through his rather translucent scales. the black spot is deep and vile, well into his mucles. The area glows with all sorts of wretched, toxic magic, and the area shows signs of necrosis. "we've tried all sorts of magic to fix it. Remove desease, poison, curse, each followed by healing spells. Nothing seems to do any good."


Jaiye wrote:
"Ace" wrote:

As they are walking, Ace will try and subtly get his companions attention, though his main 'target' is Jai.

Once he does, he passes a message via rapid hand signals 1d20+33 Bluff to pass a secret message, DC 20 for a complex one. Auto succeed, rolling to make sure they probably can't intercept.

Message: Took us this way, hoping we would cause trouble.

Jaiye gave him a 'thanks, captain obvious' smirk, but he could tell that she was tense. "So good of you to take us the long way so we really get to see the festival grounds," she said sweetly. She knew how to play that game too. Tyrrin was a good teacher.

Trying to maintain his fictional politeness and at the same time looking at Jaiye like she was something he'd just scraped off his shoe was a challenge, but it was one that Liren was up to. "I'm sure this must be quite the treat for you," he said with an insincere smile.

There was a good deal of scowling and muttering at the group as they went past, and not able to quite reach Jaiye, one of the young men 'accidentally' bumps into Ace as they go past. "Watch where you're going," he says belligerently.


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Havel the Bishop wrote:


"I wasn't arguing that it was unnecessary. It's still a good idea. I just felt like you seemed... Concerned. Anyway..." Havel gets up on the chair with a decent bit of effort, and starts to unbuckle his leg platings. The armor is so skintight it looks as if he's taking off his flesh. Underneth the armor is pale, cloudy scales, looking borderline withered and aged. On the back of his leg is a huge black spot that can be seen through his rather translucent scales. the black spot is deep and vile, well into his mucles. The area glows with all sorts of wretched, toxic magic, and the area shows signs of necrosis. "we've tried all sorts of magic to fix it. Remove desease, poison, curse, each followed by healing spells. Nothing seems to do any good."

Ryleh frowned. "That is quite a bit worse than I expected. I can run the scan, but I'm not a physician, and I think we're going to need one to look at that. Especially given its resistance to being treated by magical means. Lean back against the chair," she said, pulling a long extendable arm away from the wall and positioning it over Havel's head. "This will be a full body scan. It won't hurt. The scanner just passes over your body and collects data as it goes." As she begins to run the scanner over him the screens switch from showing landscape pictures and instead display the data from the scan as it is being collected, although one would have to be trained to understand any of it. "This will be the baseline for your medical records," she said, putting the arm back into its resting position against the wall and hitting some buttons on the screen of one of the displays until a pleasant voice can be heard saying, 'Now paging attending physician, Dr. Zeppler to exam room five.' [I]Ryleh sighed. "Of course. Well. This should be interesting."


Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo

"Well," Raelle said uncomfortably, standing there between the buildings after James's abrupt departure. "Not like I'm worried now or anything," she said with a frustrated sigh, biting her fingernails as she sometimes does when she's stressed. "I guess....I guess we just do what he says? Ugh. This is so frustrating."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)
narrator wrote:

Trying to maintain his fictional politeness and at the same time looking at Jaiye like she was something he'd just scraped off his shoe was a challenge, but it was one that Liren was up to. "I'm sure this must be quite the treat for you," he said with an insincere smile.

There was a good deal of scowling and muttering at the group as they went past, and not able to quite reach Jaiye, one of the young men 'accidentally' bumps into Ace as they go past. "Watch where you're going," he says belligerently.

Ace bows respectfully "A thousand apologies young lord, this is my first time visiting, and I was distracted by the breathtaking beauty I see all around me. Please, forgive my clumsy bumbling." The young man says with seeming sincerity. 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (16) + 33 = 49 Bluff


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Raelle del Sol wrote:
"Well," Raelle said uncomfortably, standing there between the buildings after James's abrupt departure. "Not like I'm worried now or anything," she said with a frustrated sigh, biting her fingernails as she sometimes does when she's stressed. "I guess....I guess we just do what he says? Ugh. This is so frustrating."

Aridente sighs himself "No, that will do you no good. If we don't go see what he rushed off for, you'll likely chew your fingers off." He pauses, thinking. "Hey, I don't suppose you could either render us invisible or otherwise disguise us, huh? If James was worried about our safety, it might be best if we were unseen."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Image Alternate Image Yet another alternate image this one showing at least a tattoo
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Raelle del Sol wrote:
"Well," Raelle said uncomfortably, standing there between the buildings after James's abrupt departure. "Not like I'm worried now or anything," she said with a frustrated sigh, biting her fingernails as she sometimes does when she's stressed. "I guess....I guess we just do what he says? Ugh. This is so frustrating."
Aridente sighs himself "No, that will do you no good. If we don't go see what he rushed off for, you'll likely chew your fingers off." He pauses, thinking. "Hey, I don't suppose you could either render us invisible or otherwise disguise us, huh? If James was worried about our safety, it might be best if we were unseen."

Raelle brightened and then stopped, face falling again. "No, we shouldn't. It might make things worse. If there's one thing I had drilled into me over and over last night it's the importance of not rushing into things without thinking first. Come on," she said, getting an idea. "Lead the way to the hangar. James said there was a mission control center there, right? What are the odds that they don't have some kind of observation program running there? I mean, they have to know where trouble is so they can send you guys to deal with it, right? And I'll need to know how it works, after all..."


"Ace" wrote:
narrator wrote:

Trying to maintain his fictional politeness and at the same time looking at Jaiye like she was something he'd just scraped off his shoe was a challenge, but it was one that Liren was up to. "I'm sure this must be quite the treat for you," he said with an insincere smile.

There was a good deal of scowling and muttering at the group as they went past, and not able to quite reach Jaiye, one of the young men 'accidentally' bumps into Ace as they go past. "Watch where you're going," he says belligerently.

Ace bows respectfully "A thousand apologies young lord, this is my first time visiting, and I was distracted by the breathtaking beauty I see all around me. Please, forgive my clumsy bumbling." The young man says with seeming sincerity. 1d20+33 Bluff

The young man's face goes through several interesting expressions as he tries to find a response to this. He glances back to his friends, who just shrug. There wasn't anything to take offense to in a statement like that, no matter how much he wanted a fight. Eventually he just gave up. "Don't let it happen again," he said stiffly, moving out of the way to let the group continue on.

A little bit after this a group of elven girls practically threw themselves across the path of the group, giggling and stopping Lira as if she were their friend, although her stiffness showed that this was anything but the case. They flirted shamelessly with Liren and one practically literally threw herself at Fei.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
The young man's face goes through several interesting expressions as he tries to find a response to this. He glances back to his friends, who just shrug. There wasn't anything to take offense to in a statement like that, no matter how much he wanted a fight. Eventually he just gave up. "Don't let it happen again," he said stiffly, moving out of the way to let the group continue on.

The young monk nods in admiration of Casilkasheyith's skill in defusing the near-confrontation with the elven man. "Well done indeed," he commends quietly to his companion as they continue on. (^-^)

narrator wrote:
A little bit after this a group of elven girls practically threw themselves across the path of the group, giggling and stopping Lira as if she were their friend, although her stiffness showed that this was anything but the case. They flirted shamelessly with Liren and one practically literally threw herself at Fei.

Fei was noting Lira's reaction to this new group of elves and weighing the benefits of possibly opening a discrete dialogue with them when one of the young ladies decided to (quite literally) take a more....direct approach to that end.

Quelling his normal mannerism of maintaining a safe distance between himself and someone in such an openly flirtatious mood, Fei does his best to keep his center, and instead bows warmly to her with a smile as she closes the distance to him.

"Fair be our meeting, my lady - as bright as spring's dawning," he says to her in elven, remembering a greeting from the elves of his far-away home.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat nods as he steps lightly across the smooth cobblestones, bare paws leaving behind frosty prints of his toe beans on the stones that melt a moment after.

"Yeah, their scales are yellow like the sand on the beach, but just a little clear like a bunch of cut gems overlayed. They're really beautiful. At least the one I saw once was. They don't leave the city often, but one came to talk to my dad once."

They stroll up to a small fountain in the center of a little plaza. A small troop of marble angels playing instruments with water pouring gently from the openings of their horns, bells, etc and into the small bowl the rest on, and from there to the larger fountain.
Tybalt sets the clock down gently and pads at his pockets for a moment, producing two silver coins, one he holds himself and the other he offers Dave.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

An laughed and took the box. "Why thank you, you shouldn't have," she jokes back, setting the box down in front of the wardrobe and also setting down her new - and rather full- bag of holding beside it. "Time to unpack, I guess," she said throwing open the doors of the wardrobe. It was empty except for a few school uniforms hanging up for her. Except they weren't like the uniforms she'd had before. Same green and white color scheme, but instead of skirts there were leggings, the shirts were also of a much clingier fabric than she usually wore outside the ballet studio, and there was a loose green sweater that could be tied around the waist if desired instead of the green blazer. She looked confused for a moment and then thought about it some more. "Oh. Yeah....friction could actually be a problem....and skirts might be difficult if I suddenly got speedy....Thanks," she said, patting the wall as she realized the school had solved a problem for her before she'd even noticed it was a problem.

And then she found herself suddenly tearing up. She wiped her eyes quickly, trying to get back to unpacking, but the waterworks were back with a vengeance and she ended up sitting down on the floor in front of her closet sobbing uncontrollably.

An can feel a soft hum as she puts a hand to the wall for a moment, which explains the low hum that was easily assumed to be a generator in one of the service rooms as she was complementing the school earlier. Seems the school is thankful of the praise.

When her shields crack, and she lets herself out, Jasper frowns a little, softly, and kneels next to her, putting an arm around her shoulders and rubbing her back gently with the other on that side. For certainly not the first time in his life, he wishes he could grant his own wishes so he could know what to do in a time like this. After everything, the best he could think was just to give her time to let it out and be there for her support. He wasn't sure anyone had ever experienced loss in the exact same way she had just, but he was fresh off the realization that everyone he had grown up with was gone as well as his parents, mixed feelings and all, so he does know it's not easy.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:

"Well, I think it's cool," he said laughing. "But I'm actually a terrible judge off coolness, and any points at which I was perceived as cool were totally accidental."

Once they were out of the building Jeran led the way towards the road into town, a path he was very familiar with by this point. "So how did you end up getting interested in studying oozes in the first place?" he asked, hoping to steer the conversation in a direction that Kevin would feel comfortable.

"Hey, piloting a giant space robot to protect the planet is pretty cool if you ask me. You're like a hero."

Kevin sticks next to him, being a good bit less familiar with the path and definitely not having been down since he became the way he is now.
"Well, when I was little, my family lived way out in the sticks. Not many people, and none my age, so I'd go out exploring a lot. And one day I found this cave, and down in this put was an emerald ooze, just living there. And I decided he'd be my friend. Even though he didn't have a brain or other stuff, I'd go and sit above the pit and watch him jump around. Eventually I started trapping squirrels and to feed him. Once my parents figured out my friend was a blob of acid, they decided to let me go to the school and learn about them. I'm starting my third year at the high school this semester, so it's gone well so far. How bout you, though. When did you get into machines?"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave nods and listens intently "what are the coins for?"


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:
The young man's face goes through several interesting expressions as he tries to find a response to this. He glances back to his friends, who just shrug. There wasn't anything to take offense to in a statement like that, no matter how much he wanted a fight. Eventually he just gave up. "Don't let it happen again," he said stiffly, moving out of the way to let the group continue on.

The young monk nods in admiration of Casilkasheyith's skill in defusing the near-confrontation with the elven man. "Well done indeed," he commends quietly to his companion as they continue on. (^-^)

narrator wrote:
A little bit after this a group of elven girls practically threw themselves across the path of the group, giggling and stopping Lira as if she were their friend, although her stiffness showed that this was anything but the case. They flirted shamelessly with Liren and one practically literally threw herself at Fei.

Fei was noting Lira's reaction to this new group of elves and weighing the benefits of possibly opening a discrete dialogue with them when one of the young ladies decided to (quite literally) take a more....direct approach to that end.

Quelling his normal mannerism of maintaining a safe distance between himself and someone in such an openly flirtatious mood, Fei does his best to keep his center, and instead bows warmly to her with a smile as she closes the distance to him.

"Fair be our meeting, my lady - as bright as spring's dawning," he says to her in elven, remembering a greeting from the elves of his far-away home.

Ghalen does his best to be invisible, doing nothing to remind people he is there.


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:
The young man's face goes through several interesting expressions as he tries to find a response to this. He glances back to his friends, who just shrug. There wasn't anything to take offense to in a statement like that, no matter how much he wanted a fight. Eventually he just gave up. "Don't let it happen again," he said stiffly, moving out of the way to let the group continue on.

The young monk nods in admiration of Casilkasheyith's skill in defusing the near-confrontation with the elven man. "Well done indeed," he commends quietly to his companion as they continue on. (^-^)

narrator wrote:
A little bit after this a group of elven girls practically threw themselves across the path of the group, giggling and stopping Lira as if she were their friend, although her stiffness showed that this was anything but the case. They flirted shamelessly with Liren and one practically literally threw herself at Fei.

Fei was noting Lira's reaction to this new group of elves and weighing the benefits of possibly opening a discrete dialogue with them when one of the young ladies decided to (quite literally) take a more....direct approach to that end.

Quelling his normal mannerism of maintaining a safe distance between himself and someone in such an openly flirtatious mood, Fei does his best to keep his center, and instead bows warmly to her with a smile as she closes the distance to him.

"Fair be our meeting, my lady - as bright as spring's dawning," he says to her in elven, remembering a greeting from the elves of his far-away home.

She giggled. "Right idea, wrong season, but points for trying. You're cute. You should ditch stick-up-her-butt Lira over there and come and spend some time with us after the ceremony. It'll be a lot more fun," she said flirtatiously. "My name is Jiween. I'd love to show you the less formal side of the equinox celebration," she added with a wink.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:


An can feel a soft hum as she puts a hand to the wall for a moment, which explains the low hum that was easily assumed to be a generator in one of the service rooms as she was complementing the school earlier. Seems the school is thankful of the praise.

When her shields crack, and she lets herself out, Jasper frowns a little, softly, and kneels next to her, putting an arm around her shoulders and rubbing her back gently with the other on that side. For certainly not the first time in his life, he wishes he could grant his own wishes so he could know what to do in a time like this. After everything, the best he could think was just to give her time to let it out and be there for her support. He wasn't sure anyone had ever experienced loss in...

::I'm sorry,:: she says, gasping for air between sobs. ::I thought I was done crying. But there's just too many emotions in too short a time and I'm so confused trying to feel all of them at once. And apparently that comes out in hysterical sobs. I'm really sorry. I know I'm kind of a lot to deal with. I didn't mean to fall apart so much.::


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:


"Hey, piloting a giant space robot to protect the planet is pretty cool if you ask me. You're like a hero."

Kevin sticks next to him, being a good bit less familiar with the path and definitely not having been down since he became the way he is now.
"Well, when I was little, my family lived way out in the sticks. Not many people, and none my age, so I'd go out exploring a lot. And one day I found this cave, and down in this put was an emerald ooze, just living there. And I decided he'd be my friend. Even though he didn't have a brain or other stuff, I'd go and sit above the pit and watch him jump around. Eventually I started trapping squirrels and to feed him. Once my parents figured out my friend was a blob of acid, they decided to let me go to the school and learn about them. I'm starting my third year at the high school this semester, so it's gone well so far. How bout you, though. When did you get into machines?"

"After....the incident with the witch, and also after all of my attempts at reining in that group failed, well, I was sort of at loose ends. And since I was also persona non grata everywhere I went, I threw myself into classes, trying as many new things as I could. It turned out I had kind of a knack for mechanics. And then the boss needed pilots to test his new prototypes. But it was really specific because they have to be piloted by someone who can control their ki. I had the right training and interests, and a lot of time on my hands. And that's how I ended up becoming a pilot. And working for Jiminy Sunwake is an education all on its own. It definitely accelerated my understanding of how machines work. In the early days we had to help make repairs when things went wrong. Okay, I had to help. Mithros was still trying to figure out which end of a wrench was which. He's much better with that stuff now, though. And it's not like pilots have to know how to build machines. I just happen to like it."

77,501 to 77,550 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1546 | 1547 | 1548 | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.