The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


77,751 to 77,800 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | next > last >>

Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

"I dunno. Maybe. I think I'd want to go back in person first. But stuff is kinda complicated with me and my family. Anyways, we can talk more about that later."

They finally arrive at their room, and Tybalt snaps the door open with a blue spark, pacing in and starting to look for a place to put the clock, settling for a shelf above his desk. Being the short kitty he is, he hops onto his desk to put it up there safely, checking his watch and setting it before he hops back down.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave snickers in amusement at his best friend's antics "just thought I might offer advice.... I don't exactly have anyone to reunite with.... sorry if my advice isn't exactly helpful"


Female Human

Robin stares awkwardly at Flourence for a moment. "So, um. What is there, to, well, do around here? Other than commiserate about horrible curses because apparently that's quite a common thing in Avalon oh dear I'm being insensitive aren't I nevermind. So what is there to do?"


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
Robin stares awkwardly at Flourence for a moment. "So, um. What is there, to, well, do around here? Other than commiserate about horrible curses because apparently that's quite a common thing in Avalon oh dear I'm being insensitive aren't I nevermind. So what is there to do?"

"No, don't worry about it. I've noticed curses seem common here, too. I go on a lot of runs, or mess around in the sim room, most of the time."


Female Human

"Oh, right! The SIM rooms! I think I read about those on the guidebook. Might have. They also could've been talking about the magic classrooms. It was unclear. I'm not exactly acclimated to this kind of magic and technology, so most of it was gibberish to me until the words rearranged in front of my eyes which was rather freaky so I slammed it shut when that happened. Anyways, could you show me how those work?"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave snickers in amusement at his best friend's antics "just thought I might offer advice.... I don't exactly have anyone to reunite with.... sorry if my advice isn't exactly helpful"

The cat guy drops a little bit of his generally jovial expression at that admission.

"Oh... I'm sorry Shiny. I guess I'm kinda taking what I have for granted..."
He hugs Dave forward a moment. "I promise we'll find that guy you're looking for. I'll do everything I can to help."


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
"Oh, right! The SIM rooms! I think I read about those on the guidebook. Might have. They also could've been talking about the magic classrooms. It was unclear. I'm not exactly acclimated to this kind of magic and technology, so most of it was gibberish to me until the words rearranged in front of my eyes which was rather freaky so I slammed it shut when that happened. Anyways, could you show me how those work?"

Florence does some warm up stretches.

"You know how to find your way around the school?"
she takes out a map from her pocket.


Female Human

"Yeah. The weird glowy arrow things that always take me on a route past the cafeteria, right?"


Female Human (three-tailed)

"Meet you at the sim rooms then?"


male human monk 16
Ori Reading wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:


Lang takes a step toward Phaedra (thought about giving her a hug, but changed his mind remembering Ignace) but then stops and bows. thank you for understanding. And I am glad that we can become friends.

Turning to Gareth, Lets go to the Library then so we have plenty of room, and its quiet there. he says offering to lead the way.

"Maybe the SIM room will be better? It can be set up to be like a library. And nobody will mind if you talk," Ori suggested. "Although I suppose the actual library has better access to reference materials if you needed to translate something or look something up."

Lang nods at her suggestion. I am not exactly the biggest fan of the Sim rooms, but if that is the best place, I am sure we can figure something out. can the rooms provide the same stuff s the library?


Female Human

"Yeah. Sure.

Question: does Florence have any way to see the astral plane or spirit world?


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:

"Yeah. Sure.

Question: does Florence have any way to see the astral plane or spirit world?

Florence sprints off, moving inhumanly fast, from zero to over fifty mile per hour in a split second. She darts and weaves among students, often jumping and bouncing off walls to avoid them and landing right back on the ground, still running.

nope, Florence has no way of seeing magic.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave forces a smile "don't worry about it, you weren't rubbing your family situation in my face or anything, but if you feel you're taking your folks for granted, you still have time to change something.... ya know?" He accepts the hug and rubs the cat's back affectionately "thanks man. With my recent power up" he taps the golden circlet around his head "I feel like I probably have a 50/50 shot against him myself.... assuming I could find him...."


Image
Lang Fei wrote:
Ori Reading wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:


Lang takes a step toward Phaedra (thought about giving her a hug, but changed his mind remembering Ignace) but then stops and bows. thank you for understanding. And I am glad that we can become friends.

Turning to Gareth, Lets go to the Library then so we have plenty of room, and its quiet there. he says offering to lead the way.

"Maybe the SIM room will be better? It can be set up to be like a library. And nobody will mind if you talk," Ori suggested. "Although I suppose the actual library has better access to reference materials if you needed to translate something or look something up."

Lang nods at her suggestion. I am not exactly the biggest fan of the Sim rooms, but if that is the best place, I am sure we can figure something out. can the rooms provide the same stuff s the library?

"Basic reference materials, yes. Anything really rare will likely take a trip into the farther reaches of the library, but this is the first time you've both sat down to look at the book, so to begin with it would be good to at least take the time to figure out what you do and don't know. Right now you don't even know what materials you might need," Ori said reasonably.

Gareth nodded and frowned, but didn't actually say anything.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

Kevin frowns a little and looks away. "Ah, sorry man. That really sucks, but it sounds like you handled it pretty well. Revenge isn't ever as good as it feels like it would be. Some guys from my alchemy class tripped me while I was holding a bunch of the glassware from my lab, so I snuck a Diger into his bathroom and glued his door shut. It was much more unsettling than satisfying... Not that that really compares or anything. Just... related to the topic? I guess?"

Kevin will have a new ooze to label and identify after the tangible awkwardness between them precipitates into a physical form as it may do at any moment.

"Uh....what's a diger?" he asked, trying to figure out why it would have been unsettling.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

Jasper listens to the song for a while, slowly getting more into it.

"Hey, this is pretty good."
A few moments later he's standing up, smiling and dancing around the room a bit.
"Dude, I love this!"

An laughed, enjoying his enthusiasm. "Good thing, too. This is the kind of music people listen to mostly, so it would be pretty awkward at that party later if you hated it," she joked.


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jaiye wrote:
Jaiye's ears flatten and twitch as the ultrasonic pulses are going, but she doesn't say anything or move from her seat as the mice skitter out of the box, climbing all over each other and anything or anyone else in their way to get away from the dreaded noise.

The moment the mice have cleared the box and fled for good, Fei stops the ultrasonic pulses and gives Jaiye'e beleaguered ears some respite.

Jaiye wrote:
The rest of the ceremony crawls by without incident as Lira and Liren sit in subdued silence, throwing occasional wary glares at the 'guests'. There is a great deal of pageantry and several performances, which are no doubt of great cultural significance. Also, really, really dreadfully dull. A small child near the box has fallen asleep leaning against the side of the box. They are drooling and snoring a little and their increasingly embarrassed sibling keeps throwing things at them in the hopes that they will wake up.

The young monk smiles almost imperceptibly at the young child's 'plight' of boredom, but otherwise returns (most of) his attention to the rest of the ceremony. He spares the twins only the occasional, brief glance to ensure they are done with their mischief-making.

Ghalen remains alert, looking for problems, not just in the box they are watching the ceremony from.

As the ceremony draws to a close, the High Seer and her children are all at center stage for the closing blessing. In the crowd he sees a young woman making her way towards the stage, clutching something to her chest.

Jaiye's ears swivel forward and she leans almost out of the box, surreptitiously sliding her shoes off of her feet.


Arthur Barren wrote:

"Maybe a song?" Arthur drolls and rolls his eyes but then after a pause he says"or perhaps the euphoria of success and innovation! Are you any good at building things? If not how good are you at following instruction?"

in short, are you minion material? Lol

"I am extremely good at following instructions. It was a necessary part of my duties as an assassin," Djalos says flatly. "But I am not....I am unsure of the precise term. I currently possess free will. I am supposed to be practicing using it. I think. It's very confusing." At this point they have reached the library and Djalos steers the group through the stacks on a fairly circuitous route towards the section where they had been sorting out the rare documents for clues about Adon's problem.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)
Jaiye wrote:
Jaiye's ears swivel forward and she leans almost out of the box, surreptitiously sliding her shoes off of her feet.

Ace notes Jai's secretive movements, and prepares himself as well. He wasn't sure what exactly he would do, should Jai need help, but he was ready for anything.


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)
Asha Soleil wrote:
She swallowed one last giant mouthful of food. "Well, I guess there's nothing else to do but experiment until I get it. Or until I get stuck in a tree and the infirmary staff yells at me again. One of those," she said with a cheerful shrug.

The young lycan chuckles "Let's try to avoid you getting in stuck in any trees. I should be able to guide you enough to prevent any accidents like that"

Lyn, would Sil be able to see Asha when she goes incorporeal via True Seeing?


Female Human

Robin's eyes widen upon seeing Florence's rapid transit, then sighs and follows after her, going down rarely trod hallways and passing by the cafeteria no less than three times before she arrives at the SIM rooms.


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:
She swallowed one last giant mouthful of food. "Well, I guess there's nothing else to do but experiment until I get it. Or until I get stuck in a tree and the infirmary staff yells at me again. One of those," she said with a cheerful shrug.

The young lycan chuckles "Let's try to avoid you getting in stuck in any trees. I should be able to guide you enough to prevent any accidents like that"

Lyn, would Sil be able to see Asha when she goes incorporeal via True Seeing?

She's not really invisible when she's incorporeal. Hard to see, but not impossible. With True Seeing it's not even difficult to see her.

She gave a determined nod and set herself in the middle of the clearing again, closing her eyes. She concentrated on seeing a clear plain in front of her and began to walk. Sil can see the moment that her ability kicks in as she begins to blur and becomes totally transparent, just an outline of a girl moving around the clearing. "Am I safe to open my eyes now?" she asks, stopping just short of the tree line, but in the middle of a small shrub.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave forces a smile "don't worry about it, you weren't rubbing your family situation in my face or anything, but if you feel you're taking your folks for granted, you still have time to change something.... ya know?" He accepts the hug and rubs the cat's back affectionately "thanks man. With my recent power up" he taps the golden circlet around his head "I feel like I probably have a 50/50 shot against him myself.... assuming I could find him...."

The cat gives an appropriately long hug before giving a soft squeeze and looking up at the Aasimar.

"I'd really like to up those odds a bit with some help and equipment first. But when the time comes, I'm sure someone here can help us find him." The cat pads over to his stock of fabrics on his work desk, flipping through some as he wonders what he's going to wear to the party tonight, taking mental stock of all the things he needed to get done.
"I'm sure someone here specializes in divination. At the very least I can make a Crystal ball."


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

"A Diger is a kind of ooze with a clear body save for a crystalized core. Picture a big puddle with a red crystal pool ball at the bottom. But instead of water it's acid. Like I said, I really regret that one, but they didn't mess with me any more after that..."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

After enjoying that song, he takes a seat as a slightly slower one comes on, giving him time to finish This and hand it to her.

"So does everyone use those turny crystal things for music? Are there like spirits bound in there to play songs? Cause if so, that's like really not cool."


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen looks to Liren and his sister, to see if they display any anticipation of this...


Female Image Firebird Image Wizard(Shadowcaster, Shadow subschool)13/Sorcerer(Shadow Bloodline)8/Shadowcraft Mage 5(gestalt)
Serrin Surya wrote:
To complicate matters more, Serrin creates several illusion foxes, to mess with both Keme and Alys. She herself has taken bird form again, and is sitting in a tree, not too far from Genosuke, watching with amusement as her shadowy foxes mess with the two real ones.

I don't believe Keme or Alys replied to this post


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Raelle del Sol wrote:

She nodded as she adjusted the dials. The image zoomed in close enough that individuals can be identified. "There's Fi and James. There's my dad. I don't know who that lady is but it looks like she'd bossing people around. People look really upset. Oh. They're leading more people into the holding pen. More of my grandparents' victims, I guess...." She turned her attention back to Sighru. "Hey, is there any way to get sound on this thing? Or is it visual only?" she demanded.

Sighru shook his head. "No sound. Not unless we send a drone to that area to transmit it back to us...oh, fudge..." he said as Raelle's eyes lit up. "I'm not authorized to do this...."

The young monk looks to the tech "You might not be authorized to send out a drone, but both Raelle and I would really appreciate it if you did so anyways. If it helps, I will take full responsibility should something go wrong."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen looks to Liren and his sister, to see if they display any anticipation of this...

Liren looks bored and sulky, totally oblivious to the young woman approaching the stage and not noticing Jaiye's change in posture. Lira doesn't seem to notice the young woman either, but she frowns as she notices Jaiye kicking off her shoes. She's been keeping an eye on those shoes since Jaiye impales a mouse with her heel earlier. Plus this represented a breach of protocol. She leaned forward to say something, but was interrupted by the commotion on the stage where a new drama was unfolding.

The young woman scrambled onto the stage, no one bothering to stop her since her action was quite unexpected. "High Seer, I beg your help!" she sobbed in an impossibly musical voice. She was a beautiful elven woman, almost angelic in appearance. Her golden hair streamed loose over her shoulders and her large green eyes brimmed with tears as her perfect pink lips trembled with emotion. "For my child," she said, holding out the bundle she was carrying, revealing an infant with a halo of golden hair. "I've begged your son to acknowledge her, but he refuses," she continued, two perfect tears falling down her cheeks.

There were murmurs throughout the crowd as people reacted to this shocking development. The High Seer betrayed no sign of surprise. "Guards, please restrain Ehos," she said coldly, much to the obvious shock of her son as she stepped towards the young woman. "May I see the child?" she asked politely, ignoring the flicker of triumph she saw in the woman's face. "Of course," the angelic woman said, smiling sweetly as she handed the baby to the High Seer.

Meanwhile, back in the stands, Jaiye had leapt out of the box at the woman's first words, shifting in midair and not pausing in her mad dash through the crowd. She had to dodge and weave a lot on the way there. She was nearly caught several times, but she had judged it right when she decided that her hyena form would buy her a few extra seconds before people realized what she was and where she was heading. This was by far the most dangerous part of the plan since she couldn't risk hurting any of the bystanders, not even minor injuries. She ducked under the legs of a guard, around a large group of ladies, jumped over a small child playing on a blanket, and continued towards the stage, leaping straight for the woman just as she handed the baby over. She ignored the screams, shifting back to humanoid as she landed, snapping the manacle bracelet around her opponent's wrist before she could react. The succubus shrieked as the magic of the manacle revealed her true form, her large wings unfurling as her shape changed. She was still every bit as beautiful, but there was nothing angelic about her now. She lashed out at Jaiye and the two of them tumbled across the stage. *cue succubus in a grapple jokes here*

Fei:
As the drama gets more intense on the stage, Fei's nanites are telling him that there is a disturbance at the outer edges of the gathering. The ground is shaking considerably. There is less reaction from the guards out there than would be expected.


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
Robin's eyes widen upon seeing Florence's rapid transit, then sighs and follows after her, going down rarely trod hallways and passing by the cafeteria no less than three times before she arrives at the SIM rooms.

Flourence is leaning on the wall next to one of the sim rooms, and when Robin arrives, she waves her in as she walks though the door.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
narrator wrote:
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen looks to Liren and his sister, to see if they display any anticipation of this...

Liren looks bored and sulky, totally oblivious to the young woman approaching the stage and not noticing Jaiye's change in posture. Lira doesn't seem to notice the young woman either, but she frowns as she notices Jaiye kicking off her shoes. She's been keeping an eye on those shoes since Jaiye impales a mouse with her heel earlier. Plus this represented a breach of protocol. She leaned forward to say something, but was interrupted by the commotion on the stage where a new drama was unfolding.

The young woman scrambled onto the stage, no one bothering to stop her since her action was quite unexpected. "High Seer, I beg your help!" she sobbed in an impossibly musical voice. She was a beautiful elven woman, almost angelic in appearance. Her golden hair streamed loose over her shoulders and her large green eyes brimmed with tears as her perfect pink lips trembled with emotion. "For my child," she said, holding out the bundle she was carrying, revealing an infant with a halo of golden hair. "I've begged your son to acknowledge her, but he refuses," she continued, two perfect tears falling down her cheeks.

There were murmurs throughout the crowd as people reacted to this shocking development. The High Seer betrayed no sign of surprise. "Guards, please restrain Ehos," she said coldly, much to the obvious shock of her son as she stepped towards the young woman. "May I see the child?" she asked politely, ignoring the flicker of triumph she saw in the woman's face. "Of course," the angelic woman said, smiling sweetly as she handed the baby to the High Seer.

Meanwhile, back in the stands, Jaiye had leapt out of the box at the woman's first words, shifting in midair and not pausing in her mad dash through the crowd. She had to dodge and weave a lot on the way there. She was nearly caught several times, but she had...

Ghalen springs into action, taking his half dragon form to fly down to the stage, taking up a defensive position between Tyrrin and those on stage and the succubus. He draws his armsmen's blade, only to have it shift back to it's normal two-handed sword appearance.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

As soon as Jaiye jumps up and charges forward, Ace quickly stands up himself and bangs his staff on the ground, changing it into it's scimitar form. He also casts a quick spell, targeting the succubus. A green ray springs forth from his hand and slams into the fiend Dimensional Anchor.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
Fei:
As the drama gets more intense on the stage, Fei's nanites are telling him that there is a disturbance at the outer edges of the gathering. The ground is shaking considerably. There is less reaction from the guards out there than would be expected.

Fei holds back for a few seconds to better ascertain what is going on as Jaiye and then Ghalen relocate to the stage. At the sudden 'reveal' of the succubus by Jaiye, the young monk is about to close the distance and help restrain the demon when the alert from his nanites stops him.

He looks to the perimeter of the area, then back to the stage area. He sends a brief command to the nanites embedded in Jaiye's outfit, and they rapidly 'reconfigure' the dress into a bodysuit much better suited to close-quarter combat and mobility.

He turns to Casilkasheyith, and opens a comm channel to Ghalen to speak to them both.

"There are tremors at the permimeter of the grounds that the guards are ignoring - I am going there now. Be wary of that baby...she may be more than she seems as well. I will return as soon as I can."

Fei then teleports to the outlying edge experiencing the disturbance, trying to ascertain whether the tremors are coming from beneath the ground, or from a large force coming through the forest towards them. The nanites he has deployed throughout the area switch to a more active reconnaissance mode, feeding his neural lace 'eye in the sky' data to keep him apprised of conditions across the festival grounds.


Female Human

Robin awkwardly waves back, then, sparing a tentative look at the door, walks in herself.


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
Robin awkwardly waves back, then, sparing a tentative look at the door, walks in herself.

Flourence follows in.

"So what would you like to do?"


Female Human

"Um..." Robin's mind completely blanks. "I... um... well, what is there to do in here?"


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:
"A Diger is a kind of ooze with a clear body save for a crystalized core. Picture a big puddle with a red crystal pool ball at the bottom. But instead of water it's acid. Like I said, I really regret that one, but they didn't mess with me any more after that..."

Jeran raised an eyebrow. "Guessing that ended up with a lot of detention." He shook his head. "Yeah, I can definitely see why that would be unsettling. Well....lesson learned....not sure exactly what lesson...probably that you should keep in mind the logical outcomes of your oozes' abilities before using them for pranks," he teased a little.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

After enjoying that song, he takes a seat as a slightly slower one comes on, giving him time to finish This and hand it to her.

"So does everyone use those turny crystal things for music? Are there like spirits bound in there to play songs? Cause if so, that's like really not cool."

"Oooh!" she squealed, accepting the origami unicorn, "It's so cuuuuute!!!"

She turned to find a good spot to display it on the shelf when he asked about the crystal and she giggled. "No captive spirits, I promise! And yeah, most people use data crystals to store music. Among other things. They store information. When I plug the crystal into the player, the player translates that information back into sound and plays the song. That's a total oversimplification, but I don't think you're really wanting to know why it works on an atomic level ...we would have to cover what atoms are...and explain about computer code...and electricity.....yeah....ummm.....for now it's best just to know that it works. With no magic involved. Although, I guess it can be hard to tell the difference when it comes right down to it," she added, considering.


Image
Serrin Surya wrote:
Serrin Surya wrote:
To complicate matters more, Serrin creates several illusion foxes, to mess with both Keme and Alys. She herself has taken bird form again, and is sitting in a tree, not too far from Genosuke, watching with amusement as her shadowy foxes mess with the two real ones.
I don't believe Keme or Alys replied to this post

Keme doesn't seem to be fooled by the shadow foxes, but he's happy to use them as cover as he sneaks around the garden staying just out of range of his cousin, but occasionally jumping out to throw an acorn at her.


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Fei holds back for a few seconds to better ascertain what is going on as Jaiye and then Ghalen relocate to the stage. At the sudden 'reveal' of the succubus by Jaiye, the young monk is about to close the distance and help restrain the demon when the alert from his nanites stops him.

He looks to the perimeter of the area, then back to the stage area. He sends a brief command to the nanites embedded in Jaiye's outfit, and they rapidly 'reconfigure' the dress into a bodysuit much better suited to close-quarter combat and mobility.

He turns to Casilkasheyith, and opens a comm channel to Ghalen to speak to them both.

"There are tremors at the permimeter of the grounds that the guards are ignoring - I am going there now. Be wary of that baby...she may be more than she seems as well. I will return as soon as I can."

Fei then teleports to the outlying edge experiencing the disturbance, trying to ascertain whether the tremors are coming from beneath the ground, or from a large force coming through the forest towards them. The nanites he has deployed throughout the area switch to a more active reconnaissance mode, feeding his neural lace 'eye in the sky' data to keep him apprised of conditions across the festival grounds.

Fei:
The tremors are coming from underground, but there is a regularity to them that suggests marching. The vibrations are becoming stronger and are heading towards multiple points along the outside perimeter. Most of the guards stationed along the outside edge are wearing a large leaf pin on their uniform. The ones who aren't are the only ones who appear to be reacting to the disturbance as it gets stronger, while the ones with the pins remain calm and make no move to investigate.

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Tyrrin was startled by Ghalen's arrival, which drew a few gasps from the crowd as well as it was very unusual to have people randomly flying over with draconic wings and some of them thought he was actually another demon. Tyrrin took advantage of the sudden cover to turn and check on Ehos. His eyes had gone glassy and the guards who were supposed to be restraining him were not doing their job. She hit him with a hold person spell, yelling at the guards to do their jobs before her brother got hurt because of their incompetence.

The Chamberlain ran forward on the stage, staying well away from the grappling women. "What is the meaning of this?!" he screeched, outraged.

Faelwen regarded him coolly, still holding the infant. "I should think that it was obvious. The demon over there has enchanted my son. Since she is notoriously difficult to track, we set a trap. As you can see, it is working quite well. Now please move before you become injured," she said, stepping out of the way as the girls tumbled across the stage past her, all claws and wings and sharp teeth. Ehos certainly had a type.


Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Raelle del Sol wrote:

She nodded as she adjusted the dials. The image zoomed in close enough that individuals can be identified. "There's Fi and James. There's my dad. I don't know who that lady is but it looks like she'd bossing people around. People look really upset. Oh. They're leading more people into the holding pen. More of my grandparents' victims, I guess...." She turned her attention back to Sighru. "Hey, is there any way to get sound on this thing? Or is it visual only?" she demanded.

Sighru shook his head. "No sound. Not unless we send a drone to that area to transmit it back to us...oh, fudge..." he said as Raelle's eyes lit up. "I'm not authorized to do this...."

The young monk looks to the tech "You might not be authorized to send out a drone, but both Raelle and I would really appreciate it if you did so anyways. If it helps, I will take full responsibility should something go wrong."

Sighru looked nervous, as he looked at both of them and then just threw up his hands in resignation. "I don't know why I even bother! This is on you, mind! Just whatever you do, don't press that button. And definitely don't use those controls to definitely not steer the drone you definitely didn't just launch. Which you definitely won't make sure to keep no further than two hundred feet from whatever you are definitely not listening to."


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

How far is Ghalen from Ace?(who hasn't moved from his seat, other than to stand up). And where exactly is Ehos and Ty?


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave forces a smile "don't worry about it, you weren't rubbing your family situation in my face or anything, but if you feel you're taking your folks for granted, you still have time to change something.... ya know?" He accepts the hug and rubs the cat's back affectionately "thanks man. With my recent power up" he taps the golden circlet around his head "I feel like I probably have a 50/50 shot against him myself.... assuming I could find him...."

The cat gives an appropriately long hug before giving a soft squeeze and looking up at the Aasimar.

"I'd really like to up those odds a bit with some help and equipment first. But when the time comes, I'm sure someone here can help us find him." The cat pads over to his stock of fabrics on his work desk, flipping through some as he wonders what he's going to wear to the party tonight, taking mental stock of all the things he needed to get done.
"I'm sure someone here specializes in divination. At the very least I can make a Crystal ball."

"assuming he doesn't have some sort of anti-scrying, but yeah I would appreciate that. So, what's next on the agenda?"


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
Jeran raised an eyebrow. "Guessing that ended up with a lot of detention." He shook his head. "Yeah, I can definitely see why that would be unsettling. Well....lesson learned....not sure exactly what lesson...probably that you should keep in mind the logical outcomes of your oozes' abilities before using them for pranks," he teased a little.

"See, I thought it would just startle him and maybe chase him around for a while. They're usually really slow, and it was a bottled one so it would evaporate after a couple minutes, but I guess he didn't notice it soon enough. Aaaand yeah. I had like a week and a half. It probably would've been longer if he hadn't instigated stuff to begin with."

He lets go of a breath. "Probably didn't help the whole picture people have of oozes, really. They aren't like naturally evil. They're just kind of a ball of instincts. Move and eat. Like a jelly fish."


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:

"Oooh!" she squealed, accepting the origami unicorn, "It's so cuuuuute!!!"

She turned to find a good spot to display it on the shelf when he asked about the crystal and she giggled. "No captive spirits, I promise! And yeah, most people use data crystals to store music. Among other things. They store information. When I plug the crystal into the player, the player translates that information back into sound and plays the song. That's a total oversimplification, but I don't think you're really wanting to know why it works on an atomic level ...we would have to cover what atoms are...and explain about computer code...and electricity.....yeah....ummm.....for now it's best just to know that it works. With no magic involved. Although, I guess it can be hard to tell the difference when it comes right down to it," she added, considering.

The djinn smiles softly as she accepts the unicorn and goes to place it with her things.

"That's so much better than giving people something they asked for."
He puts his hands behind his head and also laced across his chest. "Atoms are a kind of fairy, right? So they make those crystals? I think it's Atomies, though. I do know about electricity. You can throw it at people that suck and their face gets all funny and their arms go stiff."


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

"We'll figure something out, no matter what it is."

He looks skeptically at his wardrobe, moving hangars with a soft magic glow around his paw, moving to the next with a swipe of his hand. Dave could swear that he'd only had a couple shirts when he got here, but the closet has been becoming slightly more full every day.

"Well, I need to start getting ready for the party soon, but we can get lunch first if you want. Do you want something else to wear to the party? That's kinda what I made what you have right now for, but after spending the day in, it kinda feels like I should've made something else for the actual party."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"Is this your way of saying I smell?"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

"No, I'm just saying I wanna make this special for you. If I wanted to say you stink, I would've just told you to take a shower while I wash those."

He sticks his tongue out as he gives up on his closet, going to check his fabrics again, which in a sense is just an unassembled closet.

"I know most guys don't really care as much about clothes as I do, but I think having a good outfit for something makes you feel... Powerful I guess? Confident? Actually... That might be something to try some time..."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave grins "good. For a second I thought you were implying I'd
Use something as crude as sweat to thermoregulate" he poses dramatically in an exaggerated display of relief before cracking up

"What do you mean? Try what?"

77,751 to 77,800 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | 1561 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.