The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


77,651 to 77,700 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | next > last >>

Don't you get so meta you start breaking walls down now. :p


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
Agarthian Storyteller wrote:
Don't you get so meta you start breaking walls down now. :p

Someone has to notice how convenient the universe is. :V


"Or, conveniently, they don't." -Patron Of Convenience


Image
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:


She gingerly took the crystal, examining it carefully. "I don't know a lot about catalysts," she said. "How does it work? Is it supposed to unlock abilities, or make it easier to use them, like the full moon does?" He seemed weird, even for Igni, and she wasn't sure it was a good idea to take the crystal at all, but he also seemed really proud of it. Like not appreciating it would be on the same level as puppy kicking. But she was still wary of him. He was totally unpredictable. Sometimes he would go through crazy risks to help and other times he was totally emotionless, and for the same person too. She didn't trust his mood swings.

"It shouldn't really be hard to use. Just foucs your waterbending through it. You may want to set it in something so you don't have to hold it."

igni holds up his metal covered hand, showing a red crystalline structure in the back of it, about half the size of the back of his hand. Lines of fire run down his sleeves, lining ki paths down his arm to his gem, before he turns up his hand and produces a small flame. "like that."

it's a 2*masterwork catalyst, giving a +4 to waterbending checks when used.

Morrivan looked herself up and down for a moment. Her current outfit didn't really have a lot of places where she could fasten a crystal. She shrugged and tucked it into her bun. It was the only place that worked. She uncorked the canteen she always carried with her and drew the water out slowly, holding it in front of her as she sized up the hallway. "Okay, stay very still. I don't want to mess up my aim and hit you. The thing I have trouble with is ice. It doesn't come very naturally when you've grown up in the tropics. I've been working with Dom to learn how to do it. So that's the real test," she said, double checking that the hallway was clear before sending the water down it rapidly, transforming it into icicles as it went, that smashed into a wall. "Hey, that worked!" she said, pleased, drawing the icy water back to her. "Still a little wobbly on the transformation, but definitely better than what I was doing before."


male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4

igni nods.
"That's all. Enjoy."
and he just... Starts to walk away.


Robin O'Meara wrote:
"It's not really that," the skeletally thin girl says, her voice rusty and quiet with disuse. She awkwardly maneuvers away from the crowd, always trying to keep a few feet's distance from everyone except the gargoyle. She absentmindedly twiddles with her ginger braid. "Been a while since I was around so many people." A student comes dangerously close to Robin, and she staggers out of the way, nearly colliding with the gargoyle. "Puts me on edge a little bit. It's hard to stay careful." She shakes her head. "Alright, yeah. That's a good idea. Let's get going then, I guess."

"Roight this way, luv," the gargoyle said, leading her past the crowded front hallway and down a less crowded one. "The school moves around, so youse have to use the arrows to gets around," he explained as he touched the wall and arrows lit up in front of them. "Just think about where you want to go. Youse can use it ta find people too, so if youse needs to foind a teacher or another student or whoever. It'll light up the route fer ya. Here we are," he said, stopping at a door with the word OFFICE emblazoned across the frosted glass of the door. "This is where I leave ya. Been a pleasure, kid. Good luck. And don't worry. They'll take good are of ya here."


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Zeppler M.D., Spellware Surgeon wrote:

As soon as the door slides closed behind Havel, Zeppler sighs and stows his datapad.

"Well....he's a very trusting young man," he observes to Ryleh, eyes still on the door. "So what else do I need to know about our young friend out there?"

She sighed. "I don't think he would be so trusting of everyone. But he and his 'followers' have built an entire religion around worshipping dragons," she said with an eye roll. "Half the time when I am speaking to him I don't know whether to weep or laugh. Most of his band are lost children much like he is, though at least one is psychologically unstable. I invited them to enroll here, and it seems like he intends to accept the offer. I suggested that his older followers seek employment in Kuros. I can't think of anything better to cure dragon worship than working for James," she said dryly. "But back to Havel...he and another child called Elegy built some kind of magical device to transform themselves into dragons. With mixed results. So there is no telling what that's done to his physiology. I have requested that he bring the device with him for study. He was eager to agree, as it does not work as he expected it to, and he would like the help in figuring out why. The armor he was wearing...it is clerical regalia. I don't know of what deity. I know the armor though. I saw it when I was a child. It was....taken, long ago. By Hunters. The wound on his leg was caused by a Hunter weapon also. Recently. Within the last two years, and from a clan that had not been encountered in the last half century. The blade was cursed and a piece of it broke off inside his leg. Even after removing the blade itself, the curse remains. It is no doubt specially meant to kill dragons, so the changes he has made to himself are making it worse. I do not know for sure if it is a curse or a poison, but given its resistance to magical cures, I would suspect that it's more....not a disease exactly, but I believe it is causing his body to attack itself. I may be wrong. I have never studied medicine, so my ability to interpret the scans is distinctly limited."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:


He nods and rubs his free hand together, producing a couple small sheets of paper.
"I'm sure I'll get used to it. I mean, it works just as well as magic, right?"
He regards the paper, glancing up at her. "Favorite animal... Don't tell me... Giraffe?"

She laughed. "Uh, no. Definitely unicorn. Cliche, I know, but hey, nobody said favorites had to be logical."


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:


Kevin thinks for a minute "hm... I'm not really sure it's not about being human. I mean, think about it, dragons, Firebirds, lycans, vampires, kitsunes, doppelgangers. All of these races evolved individually but with the ability to turn, many of them solely, into a human form. There has to be something about it that makes it desirable evolutionarily." He slips his data pad out and takes some notes on things to research later.
"That's a really good idea. Even if whatever dragon my DNA is from doesn't shape shift, I may be able to use my new research to splice the ability into myself. But I'm gonna have to isolate it in a gene sequence first. Do you think it's something you'd be able to help me out with. Actually, I kinda wonder how many chromosomes you have. You do have a pretty even balance of humanoid form and wolf, so I'm gonna guess somewhere around a hundred. Wolves have 78 and humans have 23."

So in looking this up, I found out randomly that Hermit crabs (the only creature he's isolated a gene I'm so far) have 254, the most in the animal kingdom.

"I don't know. But I bet there's some overlap there that makes it a smaller number. I'm sure you could find that info in the medical database. If you can convince them to let you have access. Anyways, I'm happy to let you take samples for study if you want. I might be able to convince some others to participate too. I mean, medical research shouldn't be that hard to find volunteers for."


Image
Igni Phoebus wrote:

igni nods.

"That's all. Enjoy."
and he just... Starts to walk away.

Morrivan let the water stretch out for her, turning it into a water whip, warming it as she did so. She didn't want to hurt him. At the moment. The water whip wrapped around his arm, holding him back for a moment, letting go almost immediately. "Thanks," she said simply. "This isn't a truce or anything. But it's a really cool item. You did a good job making it. So this is just me acknowledging that."


male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4

igni glances back as water wraps around his arm.
"It was never meant to be a truce. Like I said, I felt obliged to repay you for something your actions caused. That's it."


Female Human

"Thanks," she says, taking a deep breath before tentatively opening the office door.


Robin O'Meara wrote:
"Thanks," she says, taking a deep breath before tentatively opening the office door.

Inside the office there is a small waiting area and a desk. There is an elf sitting at the desk doing paperwork. He looks up as Robin enters. "Good day. How may I help you?" he asks smoothly.


Image
Igni Phoebus wrote:

igni glances back as water wraps around his arm.

"It was never meant to be a truce. Like I said, I felt obliged to repay you for something your actions caused. That's it."

"And I was just telling you that you did a good job making this thing. That's it," she imitated his terse speech. "Just so we're on the same page and all."


Quite Male Halfling
Ryleh wrote:
She sighed. "I don't think he would be so trusting of everyone. But he and his 'followers' have built an entire religion around worshipping dragons," she said with an eye roll. "Half the time when I am speaking to him I don't know whether to weep or laugh. Most of his band are lost children much like he is, though at least one is psychologically unstable. I invited them to enroll here, and it seems like he intends to accept the offer. I suggested that his older followers seek employment in Kuros. I can't think of anything better to cure dragon worship than working for James," she said dryly. "But back to Havel...he and another child called Elegy built some kind of magical device to transform themselves into dragons. With mixed results. So there is no telling what that's done to his physiology. I have requested that he bring the device with him for study. He was eager to agree, as it does not work as he expected it to, and he would like the help in figuring out why. The armor he was wearing...it is clerical regalia. I don't know of what deity. I know the armor though. I saw it when I was a child. It was....taken, long ago. By Hunters. The wound on his leg was caused by a Hunter weapon also. Recently. Within the last two years, and from a clan that had not been encountered in the last half century. The blade was cursed and a piece of it broke off inside his leg. Even after removing the blade itself, the curse remains. It is no doubt specially meant to kill dragons, so the changes he has made to himself are making it worse. I do not know for sure if it is a curse or a poison, but given its resistance to magical cures, I would suspect that it's more....not a disease exactly, but I believe it is causing his body to attack itself. I may be wrong. I have never studied medicine, so my ability to interpret the scans is distinctly limited."

"I don't think you're wrong at all, Ryleh - the only reason he's still alive is because he's not really or fully a dragon. It's slowing down the spread of the necrosis, but the changes he made to himself are the whole reason he's in this situation. So enough of that doom and gloom - let's get to making him better again."

"Hopefully this malady hasn't tainted his entire genetic makeup yet. If that's the case, I should be able to clone a replacement leg and graft it in place of the dying one. But the only way to know for sure is to try and grow a replacement in the lab now and see what happens to it. With my lab on the Harbinger I should be able to do so in a day or so. But we're going to need to see how it behaves before we try swapping it out."


Female Human

"Hey," Robin says, hovering a few feet away from the desk. "I'm here to enroll. Apparently." She gulps. "So, the gargoyle told me that you guys can make special provisions for people with... unique... situations. Like mine. Since, well, I'm cursed. Cursed in a way where it's better for everyone's health and self image if they stay at least five feet away from me at all times." Robin rubs her left arm and looks away, rather sheepish. "It's not lethal, really, it's more embarrassing for everyone involved. So you don't need to worry about that, at least."


male human monk 16
narrator wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:
Ori Reading wrote:


She smiled. "Yes. A bit of your time. If you'll recall, we have an appointment today for you and Gareth to try and decipher his book," she reminded him gently, nodding towards Gareth who was just behind her, the large book clutched to his chest.

Lang looks over at Gareth, he bows to him, Hello Gareth. are you interested in getting started right away or do you want to join us in our game for a little bit first?

Gareth shook his head. "I've been working on trying to figure out this book for a long time....I'd rather try to read the book first and play later," he said, with barely contained impatience.

Lang was a little disappointed, but seemed to understand. I have to let the others know first, ok? It would be rude to just leave them.

Lang then turns to the others playing, I'm sorry, I have some very important work. I made a promise to Gareth and Sifu Reading. I will come find you guys later, ok?


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
narrator wrote:
Melody Waverider wrote:

Mel looks to Arthur, this isn't gonna be as easy as I hoped. I wonder if this guy has any emotion at all. kind of reminds me of your android friend, except he has more personality. She tries to whisper to him.

turning to her new "employer" lets find this Adon fellow and see what we can do to help.

glancing at Arthur's plate, she grabs some food off of it, your not gonna finish all of that are ya? It probably not good for ya anyway.

Arthur Barren wrote:
"you can have at it, Hermes makes better food anyway," he then stands up "I'm ready to go when you are"

"I was taught to suppress all emotion," Djalos said tonelessly. "I am....working on amending this. It is...a process. Also, there is nothing at all wrong with my hearing."

"This way, please. The sooner you get to work, the better."

Mel follows Djalos, I've never met anyone that had to suppress their emotions. Why were you taught to do that? Mel asks wondering about this new acquaintance.

As they go along, Mel spots a flier that lying about. she quickly grabs it as she walks on.

after a quick read, she smiles and tucks it away in her pocket.

this was a flyer for an upcoming batle of the bands I think we started a looooong time ago. If this can't happen, then I will just let it go.


male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:

igni glances back as water wraps around his arm.

"It was never meant to be a truce. Like I said, I felt obliged to repay you for something your actions caused. That's it."
"And I was just telling you that you did a good job making this thing. That's it," she imitated his terse speech. "Just so we're on the same page and all."

igni glances at the water around his arm.

"... Alright. And you're keeping me here why?"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
She laughed. "Uh, no. Definitely unicorn. Cliche, I know, but hey, nobody said favorites had to be logical."

"Oh, dude totally. Mine was an artichoke for a while. Now it's pangolins cause they're like rolly artichoke dudes."

He starts to work on a piece of pink paper, making folds and opening them back up.
"Hey, you got any music from nowabouts? It's been a while since I heard much of anything not played through a flute from a 'court minstrel,'" he says the last part in a mockery of an upright royalty accent.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

"Electric pumps move water from the base of the fountain back up to the top so it fills up the bowl and falls back down. The coins are just a social thing that seems to have developed in a lot of human culture. Or maybe it's just one of those things that repeats in a lot of places because whatever made the universe felt like it. Like common as a language, 12 month years on a planet, time systems based on equally long seconds-minutes-hours-days-weeks-months-years, and humans in general. Those guys are everywhere."

He picks up the clock carefully, having already tossed his coin.

"I meant the wishing custom... but thanks I guess"


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:


"I don't know. But I bet there's some overlap there that makes it a smaller number. I'm sure you could find that info in the medical database. If you can convince them to let you have access. Anyways, I'm happy to let you take samples for study if you want. I might be able to convince some others to participate too. I mean, medical research shouldn't be that hard to find volunteers for."

"That's true, DNA overlap is weird and interesting. Humans are 99.9% similar to each other, and 50% similar to bananas, so there's not much of a way to be sure until it's counted."

He looks around the entrance of Kuros as they exit from the forest.
"So, apologies if this is a really personal question, but I'm curious about some uh genetic things about Lycans and how you guys kinda do stuff society wise because of them. Given our uh... Similar preferences, I assume genetic compatibility isn't something you put much thought to in a relationship, but as far as Lycans society goes, are all Lycans considered the same species or is your animal half something that's taken into account for relationships that intend to have kids?"


Ryleh Her usual mode of dress.
Zeppler M.D., Spellware Surgeon wrote:


"I don't think you're wrong at all, Ryleh - the only reason he's still alive is because he's not really or fully a dragon. It's slowing down the spread of the necrosis, but the changes he made to himself are the whole reason he's in this situation. So enough of that doom and gloom - let's get to making him better again."

"Hopefully this malady hasn't tainted his entire genetic makeup yet. If that's the case, I should be able to clone a replacement leg and graft it in place of the dying one. But the only way to know for sure is to try and grow a replacement in the lab now and see what happens to it. With my lab on the Harbinger I should be able to do so in a day or so. But we're going to need to see how it behaves before we try swapping it out."

Ryleh nodded. "Yes, that is a good plan. It will take Havel some time to bring his group back here, anyhow, and the problem does not appear to be spreading rapidly, so we have some time. I will let him know that you are running tests and will be better able to discuss treatment options when those tests are done."


Image
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:

igni glances back as water wraps around his arm.

"It was never meant to be a truce. Like I said, I felt obliged to repay you for something your actions caused. That's it."
"And I was just telling you that you did a good job making this thing. That's it," she imitated his terse speech. "Just so we're on the same page and all."

igni glances at the water around his arm.

"... Alright. And you're keeping me here why?"

She released the water whip's hold on his arm and drew the water back into her canteen. "You have an annoying habit of walking off mid-conversation. It's the only way to be sure you hear what's being said to you."


Robin O'Meara wrote:
"Hey," Robin says, hovering a few feet away from the desk. "I'm here to enroll. Apparently." She gulps. "So, the gargoyle told me that you guys can make special provisions for people with... unique... situations. Like mine. Since, well, I'm cursed. Cursed in a way where it's better for everyone's health and self image if they stay at least five feet away from me at all times." Robin rubs her left arm and looks away, rather sheepish. "It's not lethal, really, it's more embarrassing for everyone involved. So you don't need to worry about that, at least."

"Ah. Well, usually for something like that we would refer you to the infirmary, although it's quite busy there, so I can send the request and perhaps they can send someone to you," he said with a pleasant smile, tapping at some sort of rectangular item as he spoke. "There. Request sent. Meanwhile, why don't we start on the paperwork." He pulled out a clipboard with a series of papers on it. "Don't worry, it's not as scary as it looks. That includes a course guide and student handbook. Filling out your course requests is actually most of what you need for enrollment. And a few personal details like name and species and so on. Not difficult at all."


Image
Lang Fei wrote:
narrator wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:
Ori Reading wrote:


She smiled. "Yes. A bit of your time. If you'll recall, we have an appointment today for you and Gareth to try and decipher his book," she reminded him gently, nodding towards Gareth who was just behind her, the large book clutched to his chest.

Lang looks over at Gareth, he bows to him, Hello Gareth. are you interested in getting started right away or do you want to join us in our game for a little bit first?

Gareth shook his head. "I've been working on trying to figure out this book for a long time....I'd rather try to read the book first and play later," he said, with barely contained impatience.

Lang was a little disappointed, but seemed to understand. I have to let the others know first, ok? It would be rude to just leave them.

Lang then turns to the others playing, I'm sorry, I have some very important work. I made a promise to Gareth and Sifu Reading. I will come find you guys later, ok?

Phaedra landed and changed back from bird to humanoid. She smoothed her skirts primly. "Well, of course you have to go if you made an appointment," she said, trying to hide her disappointment. "You have to keep your promises. That's important."


Melody Waverider wrote:


Mel follows Djalos, I've never met anyone that had to suppress their emotions. Why were you taught to do that? Mel asks wondering about this new acquaintance.

As they go along, Mel spots a flier that lying about. she quickly grabs it as she walks on.

after a quick read, she smiles and tucks it away in her pocket.

this was a flyer for an upcoming batle of the bands I think we started a looooong time ago. If this can't happen, then I will just let it go.

"I was an assassin. My handlers believed that emotions would get in the way of my ability to do my job. They suppressed them for me, along with memories. Anything that might be a liability. I am...learning different ways now that they are gone," he said dispassionately.

Yeah, definitely still on. I'm taking over Dom as an NPC for now since he is basically an abandoned character. Unless someone else wants to take over that character. Either way, band rehearsals can actually happen now that we're not missing relevant people, so that storyline is totally back on. :)


male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:

igni glances back as water wraps around his arm.

"It was never meant to be a truce. Like I said, I felt obliged to repay you for something your actions caused. That's it."
"And I was just telling you that you did a good job making this thing. That's it," she imitated his terse speech. "Just so we're on the same page and all."

igni glances at the water around his arm.

"... Alright. And you're keeping me here why?"
She released the water whip's hold on his arm and drew the water back into her canteen. "You have an annoying habit of walking off mid-conversation. It's the only way to be sure you hear what's being said to you."

"Instead of pysically grabbing me, did you consider walking after me? It's not like I was sprinting away. I had assumed the conversation was over."


Female Human

Robin nods. "Alright. Is there any way you could fill them out for me? Because, ah... well, unless you're really, really lucky or have a mind of solid steel, I don't want to expose you to the curse because me signing those myself would mean I would have to get close to you to get them and I don't want to put you in range and... well, you get my point," she rambles.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
She laughed. "Uh, no. Definitely unicorn. Cliche, I know, but hey, nobody said favorites had to be logical."

"Oh, dude totally. Mine was an artichoke for a while. Now it's pangolins cause they're like rolly artichoke dudes."

He starts to work on a piece of pink paper, making folds and opening them back up.
"Hey, you got any music from nowabouts? It's been a while since I heard much of anything not played through a flute from a 'court minstrel,'" he says the last part in a mockery of an upright royalty accent.

"Sure," she said, jumping up and rummaging through the box of her stuff, tossing things everywhere as she did. She eventually pulled out a small cylinder about the width of her hand with one flattened side and set it on the desk. "Mostly I have recordings from my brother's band, and from my sister-in-law's band too. Fi gave me the player as a sort of welcome back present. Definitely not court minstrels," she said with a laugh as she pressed a button on the side of the cylinder.

First song that starts on random


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:


"I don't know. But I bet there's some overlap there that makes it a smaller number. I'm sure you could find that info in the medical database. If you can convince them to let you have access. Anyways, I'm happy to let you take samples for study if you want. I might be able to convince some others to participate too. I mean, medical research shouldn't be that hard to find volunteers for."

"That's true, DNA overlap is weird and interesting. Humans are 99.9% similar to each other, and 50% similar to bananas, so there's not much of a way to be sure until it's counted."

He looks around the entrance of Kuros as they exit from the forest.
"So, apologies if this is a really personal question, but I'm curious about some uh genetic things about Lycans and how you guys kinda do stuff society wise because of them. Given our uh... Similar preferences, I assume genetic compatibility isn't something you put much thought to in a relationship, but as far as Lycans society goes, are all Lycans considered the same species or is your animal half something that's taken into account for relationships that intend to have kids?"

"Uh...." he rubbed the back of his neck, blushing. "Um...well, it's pretty rare for lycans of different types to umm......breed. It's been pretty rare for lycans of different types to have anything to do with each other. But obviously that's changing, so er....I guess we'll find out? Eventually...."


Image
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:

igni glances back as water wraps around his arm.

"It was never meant to be a truce. Like I said, I felt obliged to repay you for something your actions caused. That's it."
"And I was just telling you that you did a good job making this thing. That's it," she imitated his terse speech. "Just so we're on the same page and all."

igni glances at the water around his arm.

"... Alright. And you're keeping me here why?"
She released the water whip's hold on his arm and drew the water back into her canteen. "You have an annoying habit of walking off mid-conversation. It's the only way to be sure you hear what's being said to you."
"Instead of pysically grabbing me, did you consider walking after me? It's not like I was sprinting away. I had assumed the conversation was over."

Morrivan gave a frustrated sigh. "Sorry, your lordship," she said with heavy sarcasm " but no, I'm not gonna go running after you like a servant just because you can't be bothered to listen to someone who isn't you."


Robin O'Meara wrote:
Robin nods. "Alright. Is there any way you could fill them out for me? Because, ah... well, unless you're really, really lucky or have a mind of solid steel, I don't want to expose you to the curse because me signing those myself would mean I would have to get close to you to get them and I don't want to put you in range and... well, you get my point," she rambles.

He set the clipboard on the edge of the desk and stepped back towards the filing cabinets behind him. "I do believe that solves that problem as you can pick up the clipboard quite easily now."


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:

The twins look a bit nonplussed at this. Things were not going according to plan. So far the group had been frustratingly difficult to bait.

At this point people are starting to line up on the stage and the noise from the crowd is starting to taper off as the ceremony itself is about to begin. An elf dressed in a costume that strongly resembled a tree with autumn leaves stood at the front of the stage and began to sing a traditional elven song, the mournful notes winding throughout the crowd thanks to a magical field amplifying sound coming from the stage.

Fei lets his lace continue to observe and gather data across the rest of the festival grounds as he allows himself a few moments to take in the beginning of the ceremony.

By the time the song is over, everyone is lined up in their proper places on stage. The High Seer is standing on a raised platform at the back of the stage, with Ehos and Tyrrin standing beside her and one tier down. There are various clerics lined up along two other platforms to each side of the stage. As the tree consumed elf leaves the stage, a group of four elves carry out an enormous platter of harvest fruits and vegetables, which they set on a stand. One of the clerics steps forward and starts a long, sonorous prayer of thanksgiving in elven. At this point the general impression Fei gets from the crowd is polite boredom. Even the guards at the edges of the gathering look bored. Some of the younger ones are starting to fidget.


male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:

igni glances back as water wraps around his arm.

"It was never meant to be a truce. Like I said, I felt obliged to repay you for something your actions caused. That's it."
"And I was just telling you that you did a good job making this thing. That's it," she imitated his terse speech. "Just so we're on the same page and all."

igni glances at the water around his arm.

"... Alright. And you're keeping me here why?"
She released the water whip's hold on his arm and drew the water back into her canteen. "You have an annoying habit of walking off mid-conversation. It's the only way to be sure you hear what's being said to you."
"Instead of pysically grabbing me, did you consider walking after me? It's not like I was sprinting away. I had assumed the conversation was over."
Morrivan gave a frustrated sigh. "Sorry, your lordship," she said with heavy sarcasm " but no, I'm not gonna go running after you like a servant just because you can't be bothered to listen to someone who isn't you."

igni shrugs. "alright." he pauses, a moment. "running after me, though? I was walking. Not even that fast. How much time did you need to say what you were saying? ... I suppose a lot longer, now that this conversation has drawn on." he pauses, another moment. "doesn't matter, I'm sure your sick of my presence."


Image

::Anybody else feel like they're in class?:: Jaiye asked telepathically. She was restraining any outward signs of boredom so far, but her mental voice was full of impatience.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human

"Oh, yeah. Of course." She scampers towards the clipboard and pen, always maintaining a careful distance from the rather patient admissions officer, then swiftly backs away and begins scribbling on it in barely legible handwriting. Her eyes widen when she sees some of the course choices, but she continues on. At one point, she frowns and violently scribbles out something.

Paperwork!:

Full Name: Robin O'Meara
Species: Human (I think? For now. Probably.)
Age: 15
Gender Identity and Preferred Pronouns: Female, she/her
Emergency Contacts: NO

Courses - Uh, trying to give myself a normal curriculum here. No special talents, will contact you if I need to make changes.

History of Agartha
Mathematics - The g was a typo, right?
Engineering
Cooking - NO NO NO
Basic Mechanics
Meditation
Psychology

"I made a few notes," she says as she deposits the clipboard on the desk, quickly retreating once more. "So... what now? You said something about an infirmary?"


Image
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:

Morrivan gave a frustrated sigh. "Sorry, your lordship," she said with heavy sarcasm " but no, I'm not gonna go running after you like a servant just because you can't be bothered to listen to someone who isn't you."

igni shrugs. "alright." he pauses, a moment. "running after me, though? I was walking. Not even that fast. How much time did you need to say what you were saying? ... I suppose a lot longer, now that this conversation has drawn on." he pauses, another moment. "doesn't matter, I'm sure your sick of my presence."

Morrivan sighed again. "I'm short. It takes a lot more steps for me compared to you....you know what? Never mind. This isn't even important. I'm just going to go eat now. I get lectured when I skip meals," she said in a tired voice, shaking her head at the ridiculousness of this whole conversation.


male firebird firebender 10// caliver 3/bard 3/battle herold 4
Morrivan wrote:
Igni Phoebus wrote:
Morrivan wrote:

Morrivan gave a frustrated sigh. "Sorry, your lordship," she said with heavy sarcasm " but no, I'm not gonna go running after you like a servant just because you can't be bothered to listen to someone who isn't you."

igni shrugs. "alright." he pauses, a moment. "running after me, though? I was walking. Not even that fast. How much time did you need to say what you were saying? ... I suppose a lot longer, now that this conversation has drawn on." he pauses, another moment. "doesn't matter, I'm sure your sick of my presence."
Morrivan sighed again. "I'm short. It takes a lot more steps for me compared to you....you know what? Never mind. This isn't even important. I'm just going to go eat now. I get lectured when I skip meals," she said in a tired voice, shaking her head at the ridiculousness of this whole conversation.

"Have fun."

and he walks off without anther word.


Robin O'Meara wrote:

"Oh, yeah. Of course." She scampers towards the clipboard and pen, always maintaining a careful distance from the rather patient admissions officer, then swiftly backs away and begins scribbling on it in barely legible handwriting. Her eyes widen when she sees some of the course choices, but she continues on. At one point, she frowns and violently scribbles out something.

** spoiler omitted **

"I made a few notes," she says as she deposits the clipboard on the desk, quickly retreating once more. "So... what now? You said something about an infirmary?"

He stepped forward and picked up the clipboard, quickly glancing through.b "I assure you the g was not a typo. Mathemagics is in fact the name of the course. It's a solid choice. There are many important applications of mathemagics in everyday life. Well, all of these look to be in order. I will file the paperwork right now and your enrollment is complete. You will find that the arrows will lead you to your room. Given your issues, it will likely be a single room. Ah, just one moment....here we are. A message from the infirmary," he said, checking the rectangular object again. "They've arranged a separate entrance for you so you don't have to interact with crowds. The arrows will lead you right to it. They should be able to analyze your problem and help you find some sort of solution, or at least refer you to someone who can."


Female Human

"Okay. Thanks. For dealing with me. I know I can be difficult and kinda hard to understand and rambly so... um... yeah. I'm going to leave. Thanks. Again," Robin says, wringing her hands and offering a small smile before she scampers out of the room. "Wait. Arrows?" As if on cue, a bright holographic yellow arrow appears before the teen. She yelps, then gulps and shakes her head. Wasn't weirder than anything else in this place. With only a bit of trepidation, she follows the arrows to the door the infirmary set up for her - wait, the building was mutable? How far did that go? What kinda weird space stuff did they have going on here? Could she walk into someplace, stay for a minute, then walk out to somewhere completely different? - and walks through.


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)
Asha Soleil wrote:
::Yes, please. I need to figure out some way to see the empty field and what's here at the same time. I have no idea how to go about that though.::

::"Hmm, honestly, I am unsure, though it sounds like something that could just require regular practice. The rest of today is free for me, as is tomorrow, though at some point I need to check in with my sister, once she gets back from the festival she went to"::


Male Mutant Kasathas Soulbolt 12/Marksman 12(gestalt)
Talysmyn wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"I'm just saying, it's hard not to evesdrop for those of us with enhanced senses"
"Thank you! I tried explaining that earlier, but I may not have been quite so...er....well, there were a lot more words involved and it may have been a little bit confusing," Lyzzie said with a shrug, embarrassed that she didn't know the right word to say.

As Lyzzie and Lucas are discussing eavesdropping, and enhanced senses, Lyz hears a polite chime in her head. If she looks around for it's source, she'll see a young man with four frail looking arms floating nearby. He inclines his head her way, seemingly waiting for some sort of permission.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Jaiye wrote:
::Anybody else feel like they're in class?:: Jaiye asked telepathically. She was restraining any outward signs of boredom so far, but her mental voice was full of impatience.

Ghadron can't respond telepathically, but as he stands there with a facade of propriety, she senses mirth at her sentiment.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
"I meant the wishing custom... but thanks I guess"

Tybalt nods as they stand at the fountain, listening to the water fall tranquily from the celestial band.

"Humans wish on lots of things. Fountains, Wells, stars, eyelashes, turkey bones. You'd think they'd have figured out what works and what doesn't by now."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave blinks "humans are weird"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt nods and offers his paw, ready to step back through the stars to the school.
"Yeah, it's kinda nice though. They never stop going for what they want. Even if it means making starships and landing on whatever planet they find looking for new stuff. I guess there's a reason why they're everywhere."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave nods and thinks on this before chuckling "I heard a philosopher once who said the best way to describe them was that many otherwise similar races, when they looked at the infinite cosmos they are struck by their insignificance in the grand scheme of things and were humbled..... humans reach out their hands and shout "mine""


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
By the time the song is over, everyone is lined up in their proper places on stage. The High Seer is standing on a raised platform at the back of the stage, with Ehos and Tyrrin standing beside her and one tier down. There are various clerics lined up along two other platforms to each side of the stage. As the tree consumed elf leaves the stage, a group of four elves carry out an enormous platter of harvest fruits and vegetables, which they set on a stand. One of the clerics steps forward and starts a long, sonorous prayer of thanksgiving in elven. At this point the general impression Fei gets from the crowd is polite boredom. Even the guards at the edges of the gathering look bored. Some of the younger ones are starting to fidget.

The young monk keeps his composure as the ceremonial prayer continues. A few nanites close to the stage scan the platter's contents for anything that should not be there.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Uh...." he rubbed the back of his neck, blushing. "Um...well, it's pretty rare for lycans of different types to umm......breed. It's been pretty rare for lycans of different types to have anything to do with each other. But obviously that's changing, so er....I guess we'll find out? Eventually...."

Kevin does a bit of the same motion as he realizes what an awkward question it was. "Yeah, uh... Sorry. That was a little far of me. So you guys live in smaller same species packs usually instead of larger mixed communities? I guess coming to the school was a pretty big adjustment then. You mind if I ask what brought you here, or is it part of the thing that happened before? You don't have to say if you don't wanna."

77,651 to 77,700 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.