The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


77,451 to 77,500 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1545 | 1546 | 1547 | 1548 | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | next > last >>

Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.
Lucas Svarog wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:

glances up at Lucas.

"You dress very oddly."
she says bluntly.
"... But I see no problem with it. I do my best to sometimes take time to sit and dine, and possibly talk, with subjects. Even if they aren't mine."

this is her trying to be polite. and failing.

Talysmyn wrote:
"Oh! Hi! Yes, please join us," Lyzzie said with a bright smile, grateful for the rescue from what had become a very awkward conversational pause. "I'm Lyzzie, and this is Maya. Maya's new here. I don't think she's even officially enrolled yet. And...you're obviously a firebird so I won't recommend the waffles, no matter how good I think they are."
Lucas sits "it is a pleasure to meet you Lyzzie, my name is Lucas Svarog, and as you correctly deduced I am a firebird, so your waffles are quite undercooked for my taste" he then turns to Maya "I don't see my own silk outfits to be uncommon, but I suppose that may be an artifact from my raising"

"Your outfit seems impractically hot, tight, and concealing. Like you're trying to hide something. Maybe hairy arms."

Maya munches on her food some more, content with her "logic."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas seemed amused "As you may have heard, I am a Firebird. It being hot is considered to be an advantage. Likewise, I don't grow hair except for on my head"


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.

"I donno. I just think you have hairy arms and are too lazy to shave them. Besides, you don't look like a bird. Very human."
she keeps eating, not even really looking at Lucas as she talks.


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

Oh gosh, that sounds like crying. Dog ears are good. Should I be listening? I can't hear most of it. Does that count as listening? I shouldn't be listening.

He shifts back up to his djinn form, working on the puzzle box so his hands have something to do.

Hey, it opened. Ooh.

He holds the camel figurine up and trots it along the edge of the open box.

Hey little guy. What's your name? Maybe your mystical Crystal will tell us.

He sets the two on the back of the puzzle box and makes magic fingers at the little crystal.

I see a future as Horus the Camel for yoooouuu.

He'd look and see if there's anything in the locket next. If it doesn't open, he eventually moves on to the key and identifies its power, using it to open the locket and look inside.

Summary of questions: Is it a "Crystal Ball" with the scrying and everything, but mini or a regular ball of glass/quartz? Any pictures in the locket?

He gets up and hugs her softly.
::Oh hon, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you want to talk about it? Or do you wanna not talk about it?::

Yes, it is an actual crystal ball, just mini. The locket wasn't locked, but it was stuck. The key worked to open it. There aren't any pictures inside, just a piece of tightly folded paper. It appears to be some sort of love letter, but very old and crumbly and hard to read.

::I don't even know what to say right now. I knew them from the time I was a ghost walking around in Ephebe's body. I was really looking forward to getting to meet them properly for myself. I thought they'd be so surprised now that there were two of us, that we'd all laugh about it....but they're gone. I remember them and I miss them, but I never even met them in person. Too many complicated feelings,:: she said, glad for the comfort of a hug right now.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

He nods along with the explanation. "Ah, ok. Guess we're both learning a lot today. I didn't know there were more kinds of animal people either, since cat guy isn't a Lycan then." He laughs a little, pleased at the mental image of Jeran with fluffy ears and a tail. "I think you'd be cute with ears. I mean, er. I mean, not that you're not. Just. Different cute. I mean..." He closes his eyes and takes a breath, trying to stop with just his foot in his mouth instead of his whole leg.

He nods and opens the door for him, waiting to be invited in.
"Uh, if you have any space under your desk or a bottom shelf of a book case or something like that, oozes like darker places." Quick subject change makes everything better...

Jeran's room is pretty spare. The walls and floor are bare stone. There's a simple twin bed, neatly made and a dresser next to it. There aren't any knickknacks or anything on the dresser. On the other side of the room there's a large desk and a bookshelf. The shelf is extremely tidy, mostly filled with textbooks and assorted folders and binders. The desk is the only real sign of personality as there are several stacks of papers on it, and a pile of crumpled papers overflowing from the wire waste basket beside it. Jeran sets the tank down on the desk without really paying any attention to what papers he was setting it on. "Okay," he said, nodding. "I think I can move some of the stuff on the bottom shelf to make room for the tank," he said, crouching down and pulling a stack of folders off that shelf, reorganizing them higher up until there was space. "Come on in. There's not much I know. You can sit on the desk chair if you want. It isn't as uncomfortable as it looks."


Image
Maya Rego wrote:

"I donno. I just think you have hairy arms and are too lazy to shave them. Besides, you don't look like a bird. Very human."

she keeps eating, not even really looking at Lucas as she talks.

Lyzzie gave her a weird look. "Uh, if he was human, he'd already be in the infirmary from eating that stuff. Like, duh," she said, shaking her head. "Don't they have any shapeshifting species where you're from?"


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.

"Oh, plenty. Tons of magical things. We just make sure that we are the only ones with hands. It keeps them needing us for something, and in turn, we help them in exchange for thier services. We used go very far out of our way to maintain that. Nowadays, it's less needed, as it seems to maintain itself, creating a delecate balance between magical creatues and humanoids." she says this all matter of factly, as if she's been dealing politics like this her whole life.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas raises an eyebrow before pulling his sleeve and showing off his unnaturally hairless and perfectly tan arms.


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.

maya galnces at lucas's arms. "so you shave them. You must use a lot of time to shave them thar clean. Too much time, probobly."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

"Even if that were the case, it's trivial with cantrips"


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

Kevin enters the room and stands by the desk, not taking the seat.
"Thanks, but I'm gonna pass. I'm like three times as heavy as I used be and I don't think it would be a good early impression to blow the hydraulic on your chair like I did to mine."

He chuckles and puts his hand on the back of his neck, looking to the green cube in the tank.

"Good news is you have a little green garbage disposal now. He'll eat paper, but it doesn't have enough nutrition in it to make him any bigger. Just make sure you're really done with something before you give it to him. And don't give him anything magic like scrolls and stuff. You don't strike me as the wizarding type, but just in case."

He shuffles some of the paper balls on the floor with his foot.
"So are you a writer or a musician? Blue prints maybe?"


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

Jasper gives the best hugs. Twice as good as anyone else.

::I understand that this is really complicated right now. I'm not gonna say that I know how you feel, but I'm here to do anything you need to help.::

He rubs her back softly.

::Do you think it would help to talk with them just once? Getting a chance to meet them yourself just a for a little bit?::


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.
Tybalt Baneko wrote:

Tybalt gives one last wave to his old Craftsman master as they depart the store.

"I think we've done everything I set out to do this morning. Anything else and we'll start ruining surprises." He smiles up at the Aasimar as he holds the clock safely with both hands.

The clock itself is fairly basic, but the face is where it becomes ornate. Instead of numbers, each of the twelve spaces is occupied by a small animal. 12 is a cat followed by bear, lizard, cow, dog, bird, snake, rodent, pig, Kangaroo, Ram, and Horse being 11. The hour hand is a small dragon holding a small piece of rainbow colored glass as the tip and the hour hand is a larger aquatic dragon with a small topaz set in the chest.

Dave examines the clock "so, why the animal symbols on the clock?"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt looks down at the clock and rubs his thumb over the edge.

"These are the Ancestors of the islands on the planet I'm from. And they're in this order because we believe that when we live a good life we move on to the next step when we pass from that life, but if you don't you're​ either born again on the same island or even further back in the cycle. But when you've lived through every step, you're born a final time as one of these dragons in the City Under the Sea."

The two of them walk more or less amelessly down the picturesque little street as they talk.


Image
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"Even if that were the case, it's trivial with cantrips"

"I'm pretty sure she's being vexing on purpose now," Lyzzie said, frowning. "Apparently she's some kind of a big deal where she comes from and it's stunted her social skills. Like way worse than mine even and I practically say every thought that pops into my head. Which I shouldn't do. It tends to upset people. Like, duh, of course it does, Lyzzie. Stop and think first," she said hitting her own forehead lightly.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

Kevin enters the room and stands by the desk, not taking the seat.

"Thanks, but I'm gonna pass. I'm like three times as heavy as I used be and I don't think it would be a good early impression to blow the hydraulic on your chair like I did to mine."

He chuckles and puts his hand on the back of his neck, looking to the green cube in the tank.

"Good news is you have a little green garbage disposal now. He'll eat paper, but it doesn't have enough nutrition in it to make him any bigger. Just make sure you're really done with something before you give it to him. And don't give him anything magic like scrolls and stuff. You don't strike me as the wizarding type, but just in case."

He shuffles some of the paper balls on the floor with his foot.
"So are you a writer or a musician? Blue prints maybe?"

"Yeah, definitely no magic. Well...some of it is blue prints. For my mechanics class. Some of it is drafts of duty rosters. The boss gets final say, but I usually make the schedule and then he just approves it, but adding new people, I went through a lot of drafts. And some of it is....well, it's homework. Like essays and stuff. I'm...not that great at essays. Spelling and grammar are hard," he admitted, a little embarrassed. "So I guess it's a good thing that this little guy likes paper," he said, popping one of the balled up bits from the floor into the tank with Mr. jigglypuff "because I always seem to have plenty of it."


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

Jasper gives the best hugs. Twice as good as anyone else.

::I understand that this is really complicated right now. I'm not gonna say that I know how you feel, but I'm here to do anything you need to help.::

He rubs her back softly.

::Do you think it would help to talk with them just once? Getting a chance to meet them yourself just a for a little bit?::

::Probably not. I can't time travel. That's my sister's gig. And I know that Krays would help me talk to their spirits if I want, but...the thing is when you're dead it's...different. Things just don't feel so immediate. It's not like you stop caring about the things you cared about before, but....there's this kind of gap in the ability to really understand what the living are actually going through. Reactions can be kinda...off. And the longer it's been, the more distant they'll be. So I just kinda have to live with the fact that I never get to meet them in person. Which sucks. It kinda pisses me off, but there's nothing I can do about it.::

She pulled back away from the hug. "We should probably get going before Mom changes her mind about letting me move out. Especially with what happened, she's extra overprotective right now."


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.
Talysmyn wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"Even if that were the case, it's trivial with cantrips"
"I'm pretty sure she's being vexing on purpose now," Lyzzie said, frowning. "Apparently she's some kind of a big deal where she comes from and it's stunted her social skills. Like way worse than mine even and I practically say every thought that pops into my head. Which I shouldn't do. It tends to upset people. Like, duh, of course it does, Lyzzie. Stop and think first," she said hitting her own forehead lightly.

maya laughs a bit. "i donno, at least i'm doing it mostly on purpose. It's fun to watch people squirm a bit. Looks like i might need to try harder with him. What was your name again, firechicken? I forgot."


Male Firebird Monk (Master of Many Styles, Martial Artist) 16 // Firebender 8/Earthbender 8
Raelle del Sol wrote:
"It's okay. I know you didn't mean anything bad by it. It's probably just a bad habit you picked up from Ace. He's a nice guy, but not the best at the listening," she said with a small grin. "Nicknames were mostly just used to make fun of me when I was little. And even when I first came here. I tolerate James calling me Elle because he has nicknames for everyone, and it's not so bad. Nobody ever teased me with that one. Ra, Rawr, Rae, Rail...and the variations of those. They were all used in a mean way, so I really don't like them," she said, shrugging apologetically.

The young monk decides to seek advice from his cousin "Say James, if Raelle ever became a pilot for you, what would her code-name be?".


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)
Asha Soleil wrote:

Asha closed her eyes and the frustrated expression slowly eased as she did as instructed.

::Okay, I think I got it,:: she said telepathically after a few moments, projecting a picture of a silent meadow to show that she had the idea.

::"Oh! You're telepathic! That should make this much easier.":: Comes Silinrul's calm, steady voice inside Asha's mind. ::"Now, keep the image in your mind's eye, but open your real ones. We're going to attempt to have you pass through the small tree in front of us. Picture the tree first in your mind, inside the field. Walk up to it, and think of yourself going incorporeal. Then, do the same in the real world. Hopefully, this should work." He says with reassurance and confidence in her.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
Djalos Tyon wrote:
"I doubt the current crisis is universe level, although it could potentially cause a regional or planetary level apocalypse," Djalos says drolly. "Do you believe you have the ability to contain an antimagical force technologically without tapping into magical energies?"

really sorry, RL is crazy sometimes, and been working my way back to normal again. Just had a B-day and well, I feel old now

Mel thinks a bit on this. ya know, one person's magic ia another's science. this most obvious thing would be a klien field, but I would really need to know more on the particulars. also I will need my assistant, a Mr. Arthur Barren.

just give me a minute to get dressed and I'll be right with you.

She turns and closes the door and puts on her school uniform. guess my work is never done. she mentions as she returns to Djalos.

well lets get going then shall we.


Image
Ardiente 'Scorch' wrote:
Raelle del Sol wrote:
"It's okay. I know you didn't mean anything bad by it. It's probably just a bad habit you picked up from Ace. He's a nice guy, but not the best at the listening," she said with a small grin. "Nicknames were mostly just used to make fun of me when I was little. And even when I first came here. I tolerate James calling me Elle because he has nicknames for everyone, and it's not so bad. Nobody ever teased me with that one. Ra, Rawr, Rae, Rail...and the variations of those. They were all used in a mean way, so I really don't like them," she said, shrugging apologetically.

The young monk decides to seek advice from his cousin "Say James, if Raelle ever became a pilot for you, what would her code-name be?".

Jiminy laughed. "No way. We do not let Raelle drive. At least not until she gets her vision thing under control. But it's a good question. She'll probably be spending a fair amount of time working on the ground control crew, so she'll need a call name. Same reason as you guys do. No real names over radio chatter since the wards only extend as far as the atmosphere. Probably Augur. Cause she can see things more clearly. And if I used an embarrassing nickname Fi would hurt me," he joked.


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:

Asha closed her eyes and the frustrated expression slowly eased as she did as instructed.

::Okay, I think I got it,:: she said telepathically after a few moments, projecting a picture of a silent meadow to show that she had the idea.

::"Oh! You're telepathic! That should make this much easier.":: Comes Silinrul's calm, steady voice inside Asha's mind. ::"Now, keep the image in your mind's eye, but open your real ones. We're going to attempt to have you pass through the small tree in front of us. Picture the tree first in your mind, inside the field. Walk up to it, and think of yourself going incorporeal. Then, do the same in the real world. Hopefully, this should work." He says with reassurance and confidence in her.

Asha concentrated hard, trying to add the tree into her mental picture. This was surprisingly hard for her. And then she stopped, leaving the landscape as clear as she had pictured it before. ::Wait, I have an idea. I'm going to try something,:: she said, carefully standing up, but not opening her eyes. She saw the clear field inside her mind, but nothing that was around her actual body. She took a tentative step forward. What she was picturing was a clear, empty field and the step felt like it was happening across a clear empty field. She took another step and another and another. As long as she saw the clear empty space in her mind, that was what she encountered. Silnrul saw her go slightly see-through as she stepped through the tree, and a couple of rocks, a small shrub, and so on. ::Ummm.....I think there's a flaw in my plan. If it's working then I don't know where it's safe to stop. Help? I don't think I can keep this up very long. Or I just look like an idiot wandering around with my eyes closed. No idea.::


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
"Ace" wrote:
narrator wrote:
Almost as soon as they had come back in the tent, a messenger arrived. She bowed quickly. "Lady Tyrrin, Lord Ehos, honored guests. I apologize for the interruption," she said smoothly. "I was sent to tell you that there will be a slight delay before the ceremony begins and that you are to wait here until then." She looked a little embarrassed. "There was some confusion about who was to go where when and now the High Priests of Illuvatar and Desna are refusing to be on the stage at the same time."
Ace bows slightly to the messenger "Sorry to intrude, but I have some experience in tricky diplomatic situations, especially involving clergy. Might I lend some assistance in helping smooth things over, if possible?" He looks to Ty for an answer.

"Er, probably not," Tyrrin said, a little stiffly.

Ehos held up his data pad. 'They have the same tantrum every year'
"It is an ongoing problem," Tyrrin said as diplomatically as possible, biting the inside of her cheek to try not to laugh about it in front of the twins. "I am sure that it will be resolved as successfully this year as it has been in the past."

"It is important that everything is in harmony for the ceremony," Liren said smugly.

Tyrrin barely refrained from actually rolling her eyes. "Yes, and I am certain that the high priests will remember that before the actual ceremony begins," she said with forced cheerfulness.

Fei quietly takes in the new information as he directs a few of his nanites to observe the goings-on around the aforementioned stage.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

Kevin nods as he taps a few of the paper balls closer to the bin with his foot, just needing something to do with himself for a moment.

"I'm kinda the other way around. Grammar and spelling are fine, but my Common teachers say I write everything like a research paper, which is actually all I'm interested in writing, really. Maybe I could spell check for you."

He crouches down next to the shelf and checks the tank once more to be safe.
"This tank is one and half times his species average hopping height, so unless Mr. Jigglypuff here is a slime olympics contender, he shouldn't be getting out of there."

He stands back up and puts his claws to his hips as he looks down at the little aquarium. "I'm gonna need to stop by my room real quick to grab my wallet before we go."

I actually have no idea how same sex dates decide who pays for things...


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

"Ah, I probably couldn't do much better, then, sorry hon."

He gives the customary last squeeze before they break, and he picks the box up, ready to follow her.

"You think we need to get you registered before your room will be here, or would the school already know?"


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:


Fei quietly takes in the new information as he directs a few of his nanites to observe the goings-on around the aforementioned stage.

Nanite surveillance:
There are several people rushing to and from the stage area, especially various acolytes of different sects, most of them very agitated. There is extra confusion because a man with a really ridiculously large collar keeps offering conflicting advice. Presumably this is the chancellor. He is either addled or enjoying himself by stirring the pot as it were and making things difficult. The High Seer is mediating a conversation between two indignant clerics. Her expression looks pained and she keeps pinching the bridge of her nose as if she had a headache. Pages keep rushing around rearranging things on the stage according to the most recent directions they've been given. In spite of the flurry of activity, the pages at least look remarkably calm. This situation appears to be expected, at least among the less powerful. They certainly take it less seriously than the clergy.

Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:

Kevin nods as he taps a few of the paper balls closer to the bin with his foot, just needing something to do with himself for a moment.

"I'm kinda the other way around. Grammar and spelling are fine, but my Common teachers say I write everything like a research paper, which is actually all I'm interested in writing, really. Maybe I could spell check for you."

He crouches down next to the shelf and checks the tank once more to be safe.
"This tank is one and half times his species average hopping height, so unless Mr. Jigglypuff here is a slime olympics contender, he shouldn't be getting out of there."

He stands back up and puts his claws to his hips as he looks down at the little aquarium. "I'm gonna need to stop by my room real quick to grab my wallet before we go."

I actually have no idea how same sex dates decide who pays for things...

"Yeah, of course," Jeran said, standing up and grabbing his jacket from its hook on the inside door of his closet. Not that he necessarily needed it. The weather was still pretty warm. But taking it was a habit. "It's kind of a long walk. You sure you're okay with that? I can borrow a skimmer if that would be easier. I was going to suggest a hoverbike, but after what you said about not wanting to break the chair...they're not so great at dealing with extra mass. They're working on a model with more oomph, but the current ones are honestly kind of fussy. But fun to ride cause they're so maneuverable....sorry, I'm doing the thing where I geek out over machines again....kind of an occupational hazard," he said, rubbing the back of his neck, clearly a nervous habit.

Especially when one of them doesn't really realize it's a date....


Image Cleric (Divine Gunslinger) 16/ Vigilante (Blitz) 16
Jasper Ashti wrote:

"Ah, I probably couldn't do much better, then, sorry hon."

He gives the customary last squeeze before they break, and he picks the box up, ready to follow her.

"You think we need to get you registered before your room will be here, or would the school already know?"

She shrugged. "I dropped off my paperwork at the office last night. It was late so I just put it in the inbox, but that's probably good enough. I guess we'll find out. Once we're out in the corridor proper I'll see if it leads me to a room or to the office," she said, trying to paste a smile on her face, but it just didn't quite work. "Hopefully I'll get a non-homicidal roommate this time."


Image

Leaving the grove, Ori ran into Gareth, carrying his book. "Ah, you haven't been looking for me very long, have you? Shall we go and look for Lang then?" she asked cheerfully.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Kitsune (9-tailed) Professor of Eastern Philosophy and Planar studies (?)Sorceror/(?)Flowing Monk

Genosuke quietly observes his cubs playing, with a smile on his snout. Turns out he didn't need the exercise so much as he needed to watch his family have fun, letting all of the evil of the past month or so drain away. ::This simple thing, joy, is truly the enemy of darkness.::, he thinks to himself.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
narrator wrote:

"Er, probably not," Tyrrin said, a little stiffly.
Ehos held up his data pad. 'They have the same tantrum every year'
"It is an ongoing problem," Tyrrin said as diplomatically as possible, biting the inside of her cheek to try not to laugh about it in front of the twins. "I am sure that it will be resolved as successfully this year as it has been in the past."

"It is important that everything is in harmony for the ceremony," Liren said smugly.

Tyrrin barely refrained from actually rolling her eyes. "Yes, and I am certain that the high priests will remember that before the actual ceremony begins," she said with forced cheerfulness.

Ghalen keeps his outer demeanor calm, while chuckling on the inside.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:


Fei quietly takes in the new information as he directs a few of his nanites to observe the goings-on around the aforementioned stage.

** spoiler omitted **

His calm visage not providing any hint as to his activity, Fei directs these nanites to focus on first the Chancellor and then the High Seer to ascertain more about their current behavior.

Chancellor:
Having only anecdotal information on the Chancellor, the young monk's scrutiny is focused on verifying the man's intentions at the moment.
Sense Motive check, using Unshakable Calm to 'Take 10' on the roll: 42 + 10 = 52

High Seer:
Given his previous meeting with the High Seer, her physical behavior seems to be...abnormal for her. His focus on her is to verify that suspicion, and to use the nanites to (remotely) check and see if there is anything medically wrong with her.

Sense Motive check, using Unshakable Calm to 'Take 10' on the roll: 42 + 10 = 52

Heal Check to diagnose any ailments currently afflicting the High Seer (using the nanites to act as remote 'scanners' to get more information): 1d20 + 37 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 37 + 5 = 60


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:


Fei quietly takes in the new information as he directs a few of his nanites to observe the goings-on around the aforementioned stage.

** spoiler omitted **

His calm visage not providing any hint as to his activity, Fei directs these nanites to focus on first the Chancellor and then the High Seer to ascertain more about their current behavior.

** spoiler omitted **

** spoiler omitted **

Nanite surveillance:

Chancellor: This dude is petty AF. He is deliberately giving confusing and conflicting information to add to the general unease, while appearing to try to be helpful. He is enjoying the chaos immensely.
High Seer: She appears to be suffering from sleep deprivation and mild dehydration, possibly low blood sugar. Basically she really needs a meal and a nap.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

..................... (-_-)

Perhaps it was the uncertainty in the young monk's purpose for being invited to this event in the first place.

Perhaps it was the malicious lack of respect on display by this Chancellor.

Perhaps it was the accumulated stresses of the past week that still weighed heavily on him.

Or perhaps it was just the simple fact that he was quite done with tolerating any more unconscionable behavior right now. From anyone.

Regardless, Fei sends instructions to a few of the nanites surveying the scene. They break themselves down into even smaller nanites, and make their way towards the Chancellor...

Nanite Catharsis:
The nanites carefully nestle into both the Chancellor's hair and outer ear canals. The former will closely monitor/report his vitals back to Fei, and the latter will start producing soundwaves at the outer edge of elven auditory perception (alternating between high and low ranges).

If they were out in the open air, they would have no effect whatsoever - but in their present location, they will gift the petty advisor with a most annoying auditory sensation: the elven equivalent of tinnitus. It will not be enough to cause any harm at all to him, but Fei will make sure it is enough to prevent the elf from concentrating on his pranks with any further effectiveness.


Female Kitsune Sorcerer/Magus
Keme Tokala wrote:
Keme waits in the entrance of the tunnel, watching Alys chase his double across the field. When she comes close to his hiding place, he darts out and nips her tail before dashing off again.

Alys yips in surprise, then chases after Keme growling and snarling in mock ferocity. Though he is smaller and more agile than Alys, she is the faster and she keeps up with him fairly well, snapping at his tail whenever she gets close.

Suddenly remembering Genosuke, she stops and looks around for him, half expecting that he will be sneaking up on them in their distraction. When she spots him in the tree, she gives a bemused expression that says very clearly, "I see what you did there...," before grinning a happy fox grin at him and turning to find Keme once more.


Nanite surveillance:
The smug look on the chancellor's face is replaced by an annoyed scowl as he tries in vain to discover the source of the annoying noise. An assistant is required to help him to a nearby pavilion as he was overcome by a sudden attack of vertigo, a show of weakness that certainly didn't factor into his plans.


Image
Alys Himuro wrote:
Keme Tokala wrote:
Keme waits in the entrance of the tunnel, watching Alys chase his double across the field. When she comes close to his hiding place, he darts out and nips her tail before dashing off again.

Alys yips in surprise, then chases after Keme growling and snarling in mock ferocity. Though he is smaller and more agile than Alys, she is the faster and she keeps up with him fairly well, snapping at his tail whenever she gets close.

Suddenly remembering Genosuke, she stops and looks around for him, half expecting that he will be sneaking up on them in their distraction. When she spots him in the tree, she gives a bemused expression that says very clearly, "I see what you did there...," before grinning a happy fox grin at him and turning to find Keme once more.

Keme has seemingly disappeared again, but it doesn't take long before he once again pounces out of a hiding spot, this time dropping down from a short wall to knock Alys over before taking off again. He doesn't pay any obvious attention to Genosuke having abandoned the game, but he does seem to be staying within a certain distance of the tree where his grandfather was perched.


Female Image Firebird Image Wizard(Shadowcaster, Shadow subschool)13/Sorcerer(Shadow Bloodline)8/Shadowcraft Mage 5(gestalt)

To complicate matters more, Serrin creates several illusion foxes, to mess with both Keme and Alys. She herself has taken bird form again, and is sitting in a tree, not too far from Genosuke, watching with amusement as her shadowy foxes mess with the two real ones.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13
Maya Rego wrote:
Talysmyn wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"Even if that were the case, it's trivial with cantrips"
"I'm pretty sure she's being vexing on purpose now," Lyzzie said, frowning. "Apparently she's some kind of a big deal where she comes from and it's stunted her social skills. Like way worse than mine even and I practically say every thought that pops into my head. Which I shouldn't do. It tends to upset people. Like, duh, of course it does, Lyzzie. Stop and think first," she said hitting her own forehead lightly.
maya laughs a bit. "i donno, at least i'm doing it mostly on purpose. It's fun to watch people squirm a bit. Looks like i might need to try harder with him. What was your name again, firechicken? I forgot."

"the name is Lucas Svarog, though we aren't related to the chicken" he daintily sips his cup of oil and pauses for dramatic effect "though I can see how a sand monkey would get confused"


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.
Lucas Svarog wrote:
Maya Rego wrote:
Talysmyn wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"Even if that were the case, it's trivial with cantrips"
"I'm pretty sure she's being vexing on purpose now," Lyzzie said, frowning. "Apparently she's some kind of a big deal where she comes from and it's stunted her social skills. Like way worse than mine even and I practically say every thought that pops into my head. Which I shouldn't do. It tends to upset people. Like, duh, of course it does, Lyzzie. Stop and think first," she said hitting her own forehead lightly.
maya laughs a bit. "i donno, at least i'm doing it mostly on purpose. It's fun to watch people squirm a bit. Looks like i might need to try harder with him. What was your name again, firechicken? I forgot."
"the name is Lucas Svarog, though we aren't related to the chicken" he daintily sips his cup of oil and pauses for dramatic effect "though I can see how a sand monkey would get confused"

mana laughs a bit.

"so, how did you know where I came from? I never told you my title. And I'm certianly not dressed for desert weather."

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

"I have exceptionally good senses... sometimes I pick things up"


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"I have exceptionally good senses... sometimes I pick things up"

"Oh, so you were easedropping."


Image

"She's really sensitive about that," Lyzzie said making a face. "She got mad at me for sensing her emotions already. I mean, she was broadcasting them, and it's not like I can help it!"


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
narrator wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Fei quietly continues to monitor the situation outside to ensure the 'harmony' mentioned so smugly by Liren begins to properly restore itself and allow the ceremony to commence.


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.

Maya frowns a bit, at being reminded of that.


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

Kevin double checks the space between the top of the terrarium and the ooze's height. It would be a pretty bad impression for the pet he gave Jeran to get out on the first day and eat the homework he seemed to put a lot of time into.

"I don't mind waking, it'll give some more time to talk."

As Jeran gets his jacket, Kevin adjusts his own lab coat out of a sympathetic habit, ready to head out.

"Hoverbike sounds like it'd be fun. I'd volunteer to help you guys test a heavier duty one. I can get bigger pretty easily, smaller is what I have trouble with. You'd think with shape shifting powers I could at least make myself fit, but noooo."
He laughs a little as well. Seems his nervous conversation is self depreciation.
"Hey, don't worry about it. I like it when you're excited about stuff. And if we couldn't geek out about stuff we're into, we'd pretty much just be silent, ya know?"

As they stop by his room, he leaves the door open, though given the short amount of time it takes him to get the small satchel of coins from his nightstand, there's not so much of a need to get as acquainted with the space.

Kevin's room is slightly more furnished than Jeran's and with the same caveish wall and floors and no windows, though likely for different reasons than Jeran chose them and feelings somewhat more artificial. His desk is covered in formulas and papers with a chalk board mounted to the wall behind it. There are more than a few beakers and vials among the desk with various mixes and chemicals.
In one corner of the room a cello stands upright with a bow and music stand near it.
Across the room is a large display case with what seems like the start of some sort of antique or art collection including a porcelain tea set, some glass sculptures, and a few nicer glasses, beakers, and vials, all made exclusively from glass.
In the place a bed would normally be is instead a large ceramic bathtub sort of thing, sans faucet, drain or plumbing.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist
Andromeda Sunwake wrote:
She shrugged. "I dropped off my paperwork at the office last night. It was late so I just put it in the inbox, but that's probably good enough. I guess we'll find out. Once we're out in the corridor proper I'll see if it leads me to a room or to the office," she said, trying to paste a smile on her face, but it just didn't quite work. "Hopefully I'll get a non-homicidal roommate this time."

Jasper nods and follows her out to the hallway, box in one of his arm sets.

"It's been a while, and they should still have someone in even though it's a weekend."
He smirks a little as she tries to gloss over her expression.
"Hey, you uh... You've been through a lot really quickly. I understand if trying to smile through would help you, and I can shut up if you want, but I just wanna say that you don't have to do it for me..."


Male Shaman(Nature) 6/Green Faith Acolyte 10/Ranger(Spell-Less) 16(Gestalt)
Asha Soleil wrote:
Asha concentrated hard, trying to add the tree into her mental picture. This was surprisingly hard for her. And then she stopped, leaving the landscape as clear as she had pictured it before. ::Wait, I have an idea. I'm going to try something,:: she said, carefully standing up, but not opening her eyes. She saw the clear field inside her mind, but nothing that was around her actual body. She took a tentative step forward. What she was picturing was a clear, empty field and the step felt like it was happening across a clear empty field. She took another step and another and another. As long as she saw the clear empty space in her mind, that was what she encountered. Silnrul saw her go slightly see-through as she stepped through the tree, and a couple of rocks, a small shrub, and so on. ::Ummm.....I think there's a flaw in my plan. If it's working then I don't know where it's safe to stop. Help? I don't think I can keep this up very long. Or I just look like an idiot wandering around with my eyes closed. No idea.::

::"You're doing great! Now, turn around, step through the tree to your left, and you'll be mostly back in the clearing. Then, re-solidify."::

Once she's able to return to normal, Silinrul begins casting a spell that brings forth a large wooden table heavily laden with all kinds of food. Heroes' Feast He then summons forth a flame Produce Flame and begins to sear most of the food, so it's edible for Asha.


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:
Asha concentrated hard, trying to add the tree into her mental picture. This was surprisingly hard for her. And then she stopped, leaving the landscape as clear as she had pictured it before. ::Wait, I have an idea. I'm going to try something,:: she said, carefully standing up, but not opening her eyes. She saw the clear field inside her mind, but nothing that was around her actual body. She took a tentative step forward. What she was picturing was a clear, empty field and the step felt like it was happening across a clear empty field. She took another step and another and another. As long as she saw the clear empty space in her mind, that was what she encountered. Silnrul saw her go slightly see-through as she stepped through the tree, and a couple of rocks, a small shrub, and so on. ::Ummm.....I think there's a flaw in my plan. If it's working then I don't know where it's safe to stop. Help? I don't think I can keep this up very long. Or I just look like an idiot wandering around with my eyes closed. No idea.::

::"You're doing great! Now, turn around, step through the tree to your left, and you'll be mostly back in the clearing. Then, re-solidify."::

Once she's able to return to normal, Silinrul begins casting a spell that brings forth a large wooden table heavily laden with all kinds of food. Heroes' Feast He then summons forth a flame Produce Flame and begins to sear most of the food, so it's edible for Asha.

It takes a few tries and some back and forth for Asha to explain that she can't see anything and if she opens her eyes she'll end up in trouble, so she needs instructions more akin to take two steps left, turn around, take three steps froward, no one more, okay you're clear before she can get back to a clear space. She opens her eyes and breathes a sigh of relief.

"Did I do it? Did I ghost through stuff? Or was I just stumbling around? I really couldn't tell. I had a picture in my head of a clear space so I just kept walking like it was really a clear space....oh, thank you, thank you, thank you," she said, falling on whatever food was currently burnt enough to be edible, stuffing her mouth so full she couldn't even talk.

77,451 to 77,500 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1545 | 1546 | 1547 | 1548 | 1549 | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.