The Avalon Chronicles

Game Master lynora

This is a high level rules light game set in a school for magical kids, kinda a mash-up of Soul Eater, Harry Potter, and X-Men. :)


77,701 to 77,750 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | next > last >>

Robin O'Meara wrote:
With only a bit of trepidation, she follows the arrows to the door the infirmary set up for her - wait, the building was mutable? How far did that go? What kinda weird space stuff did they have going on here? Could she walk into someplace, stay for a minute, then walk out to somewhere completely different? - and walks through.[/i]

She is directed into a screening room with a little examination table covered in white paper.

A few moments later, a tired looking man in a long white coat arrives, flipping through things in a datapad with a red Cross on the back.
"Ms. Oh-mee-arr-uh?"


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave nods and thinks on this before chuckling "I heard a philosopher once who said the best way to describe them was that many otherwise similar races, when they looked at the infinite cosmos they are struck by their insignificance in the grand scheme of things and were humbled..... humans reach out their hands and shout "mine""

Tybalt giggles a bit as they arrive back at the door to the school, shifting his knee under the clock for a second so he can snap and gesture the door open with a cantrip.

"I can't help but understand where they come from, at least. I may like to collect things, but conquering planets is a bit outside my level of collecting. I'm more up for experiencing everything I can that's out there while I can. Souvenirs are extra." He smiles and nudges Dave, joking. With Dave presumably conjuring the arrows to their room given Tybalt's full paws, they walk through the school, back in the solid walls of their current home, as it were.


Female Human

"Yeah," she mutters. "So, what do you need? To fix me? And, ah, failing that, prevent any embarrassing incidents from occurring? Oh, crap, you don't even know what's wrong with me. Well, um. Hi! Robin O'meara here - oh, no, why did I even make that joke, he already knows who I am wait I am saying this out loud aren't I - pay no mind to that. Anyways, I was kinda, well, not kinda, I was abducted by a bunch of sin cultists who managed to keep the whole crazy thing on the downlow for a few years. Short of it is that I found out and they sort of forcefully inducted me into that craziness, and in order to, y'know, not die, I had to choose a sin that they'd splinter off a section of my soul off of and give it intelligence and magical power and a whole bunch of annoying junk. I had to make a few quick calculations as to which one would affect other people the least, and, well, wrath is an obvious problem, and lust, envy, pride, and greed would put just a little bit of a strain on my interpersonal relationships," she pauses her to take a breath, "and I wanted to be able to get out of bed in the morning, so that left one option. I managed to escape before they could brainwash me, but after a few nights in the forest recovering from days upon days of intense trauma, like you do, I went into town, and well, noticed a few effects. On everyone. That I came near. To summarize..." she begins ticking off the effects on her fingers, "the weird spirit thing induces supernatural ravenous hunger, turns food into more delicious, appealing versions of themselves whenever it - I - get close, makes it so that people can't really be satisfied by any amount of food and unless they have freakish self control will just sit there and gorge themselves all day, and if it manages to dig in enough, it tweaks the way people digest stuff so that it's really... efficient, I guess? You can imagine where this leads. This all applies to me, too, and it's, um, far more intense. It gets satisfied after it has smashed somebody's self image into utter pieces by blowing them up like... like... what's the word for those weird things the tinkers like showing off? Anyways, I think that's only because I've been keeping a tight rein on it. By eating a handful berries every few days in a forest super far away from any civilization. If the gargoyle didn't pick me up - can you send them a thanks, actually, for saving me? - I'd probably a starved corpse slowly infecting the land with my curse in a few weeks. Heh." There's a brief pause. "That wasn't very funny, was it?"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave laughs and walks alongside him, indeed dragging one of his wings along the wall "how about you collect shiny things and I'll conquer the planets, deal?" He jokes


Verris nods along through the explanation, seemingly keeping up reasonably well with her breakneck explanation. He types and checks things off on the screen.
"Oookay. So, nature of affliction is magical, ritualistic, and... Do you know off hand if those involved were contacting Demons and or Daemons and or Infernal entities? I'm just going to ask you some questions real quick:"
These would be question-answer back and forth, but to save posts I'm gonna do them all at once.
"

  • Have you knowingly entered any agreements with an extraplanar creature in relation to this issue?
  • Has this affliction made itself known as anything resembling an intelligent being such that it may be considered to have rights of its own (deserving or not) as an independent entity?
  • Have you had an intravenous line run on you since this event?
  • Have you made any contact with a Ring of Sustenance or any other item or ability design to provide nourishment including but not limited to Hero's Feast, Dream Feast, or Goodberries since the event?
  • Do you have any magical abilities you know of that would suffer from a localized antimagic field?"

I'm working on the assumption that this is your "Big Problem."™ That is, the issue your character is meant to work on and overcome. That in mind, how fixable do you want the issue to be? Should it be something that can be workably suppressed by a magic item?


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat laughs and shifts his grip on the clock, making sure it was safe the last leg of its journey.

"Ok, but let's keep it on uninhabited planets. I know what running one island is like. I don't want to lose all the time we could spend doing stuff to you trying to run a planet."

He sticks his tongue out, cute and blue, but Dave can tell he did actually mean what he said, even if it was joking.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave ruffles his head "clearly you aren't good enough at delegating"


Female Human

Robins blinks. "Um... could you explain the difference?"

A key part of Robin's character is that she has not been exposed to anything remotely supernatural, technological, or weird until very, very recently. Closest's she's come is the tutor her parents had for her, which had some minor magical tools to aid him in his teachings.

  • "Heheheh. Nope. I'm fairly certain it was part of the plan that those crazies had for me, but I managed to get out before all of that went down."
  • "Oh, yeah, it is definitely intelligent. And annoying. Basically all she does is try to spin some crap about why I should give in to her."
  • "...what's that?" After an explanation. "No. Unless it was during one of my blackouts when I was running the 'Trials,' and I'm fairly certain that the cultists don't, um... well, let's just say that traintracks are still being built over there."
  • "...are those spells? Like, food spells? No. Well... maybe? I don't really know how much magick-y stuff that this thing has going on other than being made of a corrupted bit of my soul - at least that's what Da-I mean, the cultist leader said - and messing with reality and driving people to... okay, put that done as a definite maybe."
  • "I wish. Then I'd have a decent chance of booting this thing out of me."

Yeah, this is the Big Problem, most definitely. It can probably be suppressed to affecting other people only on contact after somebody with expertise looks into it and does some research, but until then she'll be kinda stuck with it.


Image
Silinrul wrote:
Asha Soleil wrote:
::Yes, please. I need to figure out some way to see the empty field and what's here at the same time. I have no idea how to go about that though.::
::"Hmm, honestly, I am unsure, though it sounds like something that could just require regular practice. The rest of today is free for me, as is tomorrow, though at some point I need to check in with my sister, once she gets back from the festival she went to"::

She swallowed one last giant mouthful of food. "Well, I guess there's nothing else to do but experiment until I get it. Or until I get stuck in a tree and the infirmary staff yells at me again. One of those," she said with a cheerful shrug.


Image
Dixulri wrote:
Talysmyn wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"I'm just saying, it's hard not to evesdrop for those of us with enhanced senses"
"Thank you! I tried explaining that earlier, but I may not have been quite so...er....well, there were a lot more words involved and it may have been a little bit confusing," Lyzzie said with a shrug, embarrassed that she didn't know the right word to say.
As Lyzzie and Lucas are discussing eavesdropping, and enhanced senses, Lyz hears a polite chime in her head. If she looks around for it's source, she'll see a young man with four frail looking arms floating nearby. He inclines his head her way, seemingly waiting for some sort of permission.

Lyzzie turns around and smiles at the new person. "Oh, hello," she said cheerfully. "I'm Lyzzie. Who are you? "


Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
narrator wrote:
By the time the song is over, everyone is lined up in their proper places on stage. The High Seer is standing on a raised platform at the back of the stage, with Ehos and Tyrrin standing beside her and one tier down. There are various clerics lined up along two other platforms to each side of the stage. As the tree consumed elf leaves the stage, a group of four elves carry out an enormous platter of harvest fruits and vegetables, which they set on a stand. One of the clerics steps forward and starts a long, sonorous prayer of thanksgiving in elven. At this point the general impression Fei gets from the crowd is polite boredom. Even the guards at the edges of the gathering look bored. Some of the younger ones are starting to fidget.

The young monk keeps his composure as the ceremonial prayer continues. A few nanites close to the stage scan the platter's contents for anything that should not be there.

Everything seems to be in order. No surprises on the stage.

Meanwhile in the box, Liren 'accidentally' drops something on the floor and suddenly there are mice everywhere. Jumping up would draw attention and be a major faux pas, but they are trying to nibble on everything and everyone.


Image
Kevin Ramos wrote:
Jeran Darkclaw wrote:
"Uh...." he rubbed the back of his neck, blushing. "Um...well, it's pretty rare for lycans of different types to umm......breed. It's been pretty rare for lycans of different types to have anything to do with each other. But obviously that's changing, so er....I guess we'll find out? Eventually...."
Kevin does a bit of the same motion as he realizes what an awkward question it was. "Yeah, uh... Sorry. That was a little far of me. So you guys live in smaller same species packs usually instead of larger mixed communities? I guess coming to the school was a pretty big adjustment then. You mind if I ask what brought you here, or is it part of the thing that happened before? You don't have to say if you don't wanna."

"Yeah.....umm....Look, it's not a secret. It's just depressing. The one rule in lycan society is that the strong make the rules. My father was the pack leader for our clan. When I was a kid, my uncle killed him and took his place. Not really that unusual. But then he also murdered my little brother, just because he could. No real purpose to it. I...I couldn't protect him. I tried. I got exiled for it. So I decided that I was going to get revenge. I studied all of the different fighting styles with anyone I could convince to teach me. I lived on my own, no mean feat in lycan territory. I trained, and planned, and basically lived for nothing but vengeance. Until I was strong enough to go back and remove my uncle from this world. And at that point I could have taken over as clan leader myself, but all those years off on my own...I realized that this wasn't a society I wanted to be a part of. So I just left. I didn't want anything to do with my people ever again. But like I said, there was a witch who used her powers to control us. She's the one who got the different types of lycans at the school to band together instead of staying in separate groups. Mostly because she didn't really understand that we were separate types of creatures I think. And after her control was lifted...well, everyone had a chance to see that this cooperation crap actually worked out pretty well. I think it will really catch on," he said with a small smile, thinking about the plans that Jaiye had shared for how she wanted to drag the lycans, kicking and screaming if necessary, into a new age of unity and not killing each other all the frigging time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16

Ghalen does not react, feeling that mice would be hard pressed to bite through his armor. He does, however shoot a look to Liren, and rests his hand on the pommel of his sword.
Intimidate 1d20 + 37 ⇒ (13) + 37 = 50


Female Human , with a golden scarab embedded in her forehead.
Talysmyn wrote:
Dixulri wrote:
Talysmyn wrote:
Lucas Svarog wrote:
"I'm just saying, it's hard not to evesdrop for those of us with enhanced senses"
"Thank you! I tried explaining that earlier, but I may not have been quite so...er....well, there were a lot more words involved and it may have been a little bit confusing," Lyzzie said with a shrug, embarrassed that she didn't know the right word to say.
As Lyzzie and Lucas are discussing eavesdropping, and enhanced senses, Lyz hears a polite chime in her head. If she looks around for it's source, she'll see a young man with four frail looking arms floating nearby. He inclines his head her way, seemingly waiting for some sort of permission.
Lyzzie turns around and smiles at the new person. "Oh, hello," she said cheerfully. "I'm Lyzzie. Who are you? "

Maya blinks a few times. She's honestly confused, for a lot of reasons. She stays quiet, for the moment, keeping herself in check, for now.

Sovereign Court

Male Firebird (looks like this but with blood red hair) Blight Druid (fey follower) 13/warlock 13

Lucas is also confused but doing a masterful job of not showing it


Image
Ghalen Kiln wrote:

Ghalen does not react, feeling that mice would be hard pressed to bite through his armor. He does, however shoot a look to Liren, and rests his hand on the pommel of his sword.

Intimidate 1d20+37

Liren paled. "So sorry," he whispered in a strangled sounding voice. "How clumsy of me."

Which did nothing to help with the rodent problem in the box. Jaiye impaled one with the pointy heel of her shoe. Huh. Impractical shoes had at least one use. But there were so very many of them.


Both Doppelganger Except younger looking Factotum 16/Taskshaper 6/Chameleon 10(Gestalt)

Ace isn't bothered by the sudden appearance of a small horde of mice, as he was used to such pranks. Both pulling them, and being on the receiving end.

He rummages around in his belt pouches and pulls out a big hunk of cheese, which he drops on the ground. Hopefully that will distract the mice long enough for them to be scooped back up.

Lyn, Ace has the Well-Prepared feat to explain randomly having cheese, and he auto succeeds the Sleight of Hand DC, should you require that.


"Ace" wrote:

Ace isn't bothered by the sudden appearance of a small horde of mice, as he was used to such pranks. Both pulling them, and being on the receiving end.

He rummages around in his belt pouches and pulls out a big hunk of cheese, which he drops on the ground. Hopefully that will distract the mice long enough for them to be scooped back up.

Lyn, Ace has the Well-Prepared feat to explain randomly having cheese, and he auto succeeds the Sleight of Hand DC, should you require that.

The mice are drawn to the cheese. Well, most of them are. There are a lot of them. No one is currently attempting to scoop them up. Lira looks sickened after seeing Jaiye impale a mouse with her shoe. The dead mouse vanishes, which is handy because getting it off of the shoe would be rather disgusting. The mice are summoned creatures, it's a swarm, Liren did NOT think this through....:P


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage

Fei looks down at the swarm of mice now infesting the seating area.
His disappointed gaze very briefly passes over the two elven twins before returning to the ceremony.

The young monk accesses the prodigious databases in his neural lace to find a way to surreptitiously shoo the mice away without harming them. The only thing he can attempt right now is to use his nanites to broadcast on an ultrasonic frequency that they can hear, but that will not affect the sensitive hearing of the others present.

Nanites flow out along the ground and, using ultrasonic pulses focused in the 70-100 kHz range, start to 'herd' the mice away from the viewing box. He will adjust the frequency immediately if he notes any effect on either Jaiye or the other elves.

Fei does leave two places within the ultrasonic 'barrier' that are noise-free for the mice to retreat to (other than just fleeing the box), and those are the areas immediately around Lira and Liren.

Useless Trivia (^-^):
In my brief bit of web-fu looking up this information for Fei's action, it appears that mouse hearing ranges from 1 to about 100 kHz, and canine hearing tends to average about 67 Hz to 45 kHz. By contrast, human hearing range is only about 20 Hz to 20 kHz.


male human monk 16
Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:
narrator wrote:


Gareth shook his head. "I've been working on trying to figure out this book for a long time....I'd rather try to read the book first and play later," he said, with barely contained impatience.

Lang was a little disappointed, but seemed to understand. I have to let the others know first, ok? It would be rude to just leave them.

Lang then turns to the others playing, I'm sorry, I have some very important work. I made a promise to Gareth and Sifu Reading. I will come find you guys later, ok?

Phaedra landed and changed back from bird to humanoid. She smoothed her skirts primly. "Well, of course you have to go if you made an appointment," she said, trying to hide her disappointment. "You have to keep your promises. That's important."

Lang takes a step toward Phaedra (thought about giving her a hug, but changed his mind remembering Ignace) but then stops and bows. thank you for understanding. And I am glad that we can become friends.

Turning to Gareth, Lets go to the Library then so we have plenty of room, and its quiet there. he says offering to lead the way.


Female [Classified] Bard 16 / [classified] 16
narrator wrote:
Melody Waverider wrote:


Mel follows Djalos, I've never met anyone that had to suppress their emotions. Why were you taught to do that? Mel asks wondering about this new acquaintance.

As they go along, Mel spots a flier that lying about. she quickly grabs it as she walks on.

after a quick read, she smiles and tucks it away in her pocket.

this was a flyer for an upcoming batle of the bands I think we started a looooong time ago. If this can't happen, then I will just let it go.

"I was an assassin. My handlers believed that emotions would get in the way of my ability to do my job. They suppressed them for me, along with memories. Anything that might be a liability. I am...learning different ways now that they are gone," he said dispassionately.

Oh. Mel responds, she then starts walk in front of Djalos,

walking backward so she can see him, that really isn't much fun. you wanna hang around with us for a while, maybe we can un-suppress them?

she stops him by placing a hand gently on his shoulder, we can start small, you know, like a smile?

she tries to get a smile from him, making some funny faces and such.

Dark Archive

Male Human (half forged) 11 invincable iron man/11 generator

"Maybe a song?" Arthur drolls and rolls his eyes but then after a pause he says"or perhaps the euphoria of success and innovation! Are you any good at building things? If not how good are you at following instruction?"
in short, are you minion material? Lol


"Demons don't care about rules and structure, Devils do. Daemons are in the middle.

He nods and checks some things off, writing a few notes.

"And this entity that talks to you now, you said she's a branch off of your own personality, not necessarily a distinct entity in and of itself?"

He puts the data pad to the side for a moment.

"It's important that I tell you that now you're in a safe place. Avalon is a place that people can go when they have abilities and problems that nowhere else can help them with. I promise that no matter who did this to you or why, you'll be safe here, and we'll do everything in our powerful to help you fix this."

He smiles warmly and pics his datapad back up.

"Now, I have experiment I want to try to improve your quality of life. I myself am more of a medical doctor where you seem to have problems of a more... Clerical nature. I'll talk to someone. But for now, just keep doing things like you have been. We have a fully stocked cafeteria that you may either want to visit or choose to avoid. For now, I'd like to supply you with an illusory marker to show the minimum distance people should stay from you, if you'd like."


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16
David.De'Foul wrote:
Dave ruffles his head "clearly you aren't good enough at delegating"

The cat smiles, even blushes and looks away as his spiky, highlighted hair is ruffled up.

"Eh, it's just not how they do things back home. The chief tells people what they need to do, and they do it. It's a big job, and I... I didn't think I could do it..."


Female Human

Robin shrugs. "The whole sentience question is a fine line, honestly. If I could describe it, um... the part of my soul that makes sure I don't glut myself and end up a waddling blob ended up being completely broken away and corrupted, so I already have a difficult time with self control while I have this being who used to be part of me and knows what buttons to push egging me on in that regard."

"Thanks. I'm... glad to know that there are other people kind of like me, if not exactly. And the illusory marker thing should be fine. Thanks for the help, Doctor." After the marker has been applied, Robin aimlessly wanders through the school, trying to get a sense of her environs. Her feet end up taking her by the cafeteria numerous times, but despite the gnawing hunger in the pit of her stomach, she passes by, albeit with some difficulty.

When Robin reaches her room, she finds her half fairly basic: bed, wardrobe, wooden desk, spinny chair, bathroom, and what she assumes is a small kitchen with an odd, rectangular white block that constantly whirs. Shrugging, she opens the cupboards to clear them out of food, but to her chagrin, the items replace themselves when she's not looking. Sighing in defeat, she throws the fridge door open, and barely mutes her scream of frustration when she finds it is also full of food. Both her throat and her stomach growling, she paged through the handbook to find a way to get rid of the kitchen, and when simply willing it away doesn't work she throws up her hands and leaves, muttering under her breath.

Robin's open to interact with pretty much anybody. Anybody want to be her roomie?


Female Human (three-tailed)

on the other side of the room, is what looks to be a small swampy area, with a strange girl cross legged in the middle. Her half of the room is rsther barren, lacking... Almost anything. No bed, no shelves, no dresser, nothing. She's wearing the usual green and white uniform, Green shirt and pants with white sleeves. Her long brown hair is rather well maintained dispite much to maintain it with. She has her eyes closed, possibly meditating.


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

Dave puts his arm around Tybalt's shoulder and gestures in front of him "hey now, don't be talking down about yourself Like that, you are the sweetest and kindest cat I've ever met, and you got a good head on your shoulders. You'll be fine..... and even when things get tough, and they will, I'll be there with you every step of the way."


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

The cat guy goes just a little bit wider eyed when Dave puts his arm over his shoulders. Although he has the clock in his arms so he can't hug back or take many other actions, Dave feels a small vibration in his arm that Tybalt may or may not be aware he's actually doing.

"Thanks Shiny. I'm not really sure what would happen if I went home right now. I kinda left on the day I was supposed to take over. And even now that I can go anywhere, I'm still scared to go back home. So much has probably changed since I left."


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"Then don't worry about your old home, just have fun and learn all you can at your new one. Maybe we can look into finding some sort of government or leadership classes for next semester"


Female Human

Robin double takes as soon as she shuts the door, and slowly reopens it and turns to face the half of the room that had somehow failed to escape her notice during the fifteen minutes with which she had grappled with the spiteful demon residing in her soul - and in the pit of her stomach. Tentatively, she crosses over into the swampy area, and leans down, clearing her throat. "Um, hey. Sorry, were you sleeping? It's hard for me to tell since I've never seen people sleep while sitting up before so sorry if I woke you up from your nap."


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
Robin double takes as soon as she shuts the door, and slowly reopens it and turns to face the half of the room that had somehow failed to escape her notice during the fifteen minutes with which she had grappled with the spiteful demon residing in her soul - and in the pit of her stomach. Tentatively, she crosses over into the swampy area, and leans down, clearing her throat. "Um, hey. Sorry, were you sleeping? It's hard for me to tell since I've never seen people sleep while sitting up before so sorry if I woke you up from your nap."

flournce opens an eye. "hmm? Oh, hello. It's fine, I was barely asleep anyway. And who might you be?"


Female Human

Robin chuckles awkwardly. "Hi. I'm Robin. Your new roommate. And could you do me a favor and chain me to my bed at night? Eh, sorry, shouldn't have led with that and oh god things are awkward I swear I have a valid explanation." She takes a deep breath. "Eheheheh. Anyways, seriously, I have this, well, I guess the easiest term for it would be demon that's stuck to my soul that's getting desperate for me to succumb to sin or some junk and is trying to make me stuff my face at every opportunity. Oh, and um, please. Five feet away at all times. And never, under any circumstances, touch me. It may sound silly, but this thing is super scary when it gets its hooks into other people. Oh, and, um, it's apparently deeply entrenched in my subconscious because the school made a pantry and kitchen for me and crap sorry for dropping all of this on you at once it's just I think it's essential information sorry I'll stop talking now."


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
Robin chuckles awkwardly. "Hi. I'm Robin. Your new roommate. And could you do me a favor and chain me to my bed at night? Eh, sorry, shouldn't have led with that and oh god things are awkward I swear I have a valid explanation." She takes a deep breath. "Eheheheh. Anyways, seriously, I have this, well, I guess the easiest term for it would be demon that's stuck to my soul that's getting desperate for me to succumb to sin or some junk and is trying to make me stuff my face at every opportunity. Oh, and um, please. Five feet away at all times. And never, under any circumstances, touch me. It may sound silly, but this thing is super scary when it gets its hooks into other people. Oh, and, um, it's apparently deeply entrenched in my subconscious because the school made a pantry and kitchen for me and crap sorry for dropping all of this on you at once it's just I think it's essential information sorry I'll stop talking now."

Florence raises an eyebrow.

".... Uhm. So, why did the school put you in a room with a roommate when you're a potential hazard? Seems... Odd."
she's barely awake, at the moment.


Image
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:

Fei looks down at the swarm of mice now infesting the seating area.

His disappointed gaze very briefly passes over the two elven twins before returning to the ceremony.

The young monk accesses the prodigious databases in his neural lace to find a way to surreptitiously shoo the mice away without harming them. The only thing he can attempt right now is to use his nanites to broadcast on an ultrasonic frequency that they can hear, but that will not affect the sensitive hearing of the others present.

Nanites flow out along the ground and, using ultrasonic pulses focused in the 70-100 kHz range, start to 'herd' the mice away from the viewing box. He will adjust the frequency immediately if he notes any effect on either Jaiye or the other elves.

Fei does leave two places within the ultrasonic 'barrier' that are noise-free for the mice to retreat to (other than just fleeing the box), and those are the areas immediately around Lira and Liren.

** spoiler omitted **

Jaiye's ears flatten and twitch as the ultrasonic pulses are going, but she doesn't say anything or move from her seat as the mice skitter out of the box, climbing all over each other and anything or anyone else in their way to get away from the dreaded noise.

Spoiler:
There's a little overlap at the bottom of that range, so I'm treating it as an annoying just barely can hear mostly out of range sound that kind of makes your teeth hurt. Kind of how I feel about dog whistles. Well, okay, actually much more mild than how I feel about dog whistles. Those things are evil. EVIL. More like the really high end of a hearing test.

The rest of the ceremony crawls by without incident as Lira and Liren sit in subdued silence, throwing occasional wary glares at the 'guests'. There is a great deal of pageantry and several performances, which are no doubt of great cultural significance. Also, really, really dreadfully dull. A small child near the box has fallen asleep leaning against the side of the box. They are drooling and snoring a little and their increasingly embarrassed sibling keeps throwing things at them in the hopes that they will wake up.


Image
Lang Fei wrote:
Phaedra Svarog wrote:
Lang Fei wrote:
narrator wrote:


Gareth shook his head. "I've been working on trying to figure out this book for a long time....I'd rather try to read the book first and play later," he said, with barely contained impatience.

Lang was a little disappointed, but seemed to understand. I have to let the others know first, ok? It would be rude to just leave them.

Lang then turns to the others playing, I'm sorry, I have some very important work. I made a promise to Gareth and Sifu Reading. I will come find you guys later, ok?

Phaedra landed and changed back from bird to humanoid. She smoothed her skirts primly. "Well, of course you have to go if you made an appointment," she said, trying to hide her disappointment. "You have to keep your promises. That's important."

Lang takes a step toward Phaedra (thought about giving her a hug, but changed his mind remembering Ignace) but then stops and bows. thank you for understanding. And I am glad that we can become friends.

Turning to Gareth, Lets go to the Library then so we have plenty of room, and its quiet there. he says offering to lead the way.

"Maybe the SIM room will be better? It can be set up to be like a library. And nobody will mind if you talk," Ori suggested. "Although I suppose the actual library has better access to reference materials if you needed to translate something or look something up."


Female Human

"Um, it's supposed to help me readjust to society? I think? Being kidnapped by a bunch of crazy cultists for most of my early teenage years may have left psychological damage and I'm not making this sound better am I." Robin shakes her head and sighs. "I, I don't know either. I mean, again, I'm pretty safe as long as I'm paying attention and people stay a few feet away from me. I'm pretty nice, or at least I like to think, if you just ignore the endless rambling and I'll stop talking and let you go back to sleep now." Robin hangs her head, blushing in embarrassment.


Image Male Human (Paragon) Gestalt Monk 14 / Fighter (Unarmed) 7 / Elemental Fist 5 / Enlightened Scholar 2 / [CLASSIFIED] 6 (^-^); Champion of Courage
Jaiye wrote:
Jaiye's ears flatten and twitch as the ultrasonic pulses are going, but she doesn't say anything or move from her seat as the mice skitter out of the box, climbing all over each other and anything or anyone else in their way to get away from the dreaded noise.

The moment the mice have cleared the box and fled for good, Fei stops the ultrasonic pulses and gives Jaiye'e beleaguered ears some respite.

Jaiye wrote:
The rest of the ceremony crawls by without incident as Lira and Liren sit in subdued silence, throwing occasional wary glares at the 'guests'. There is a great deal of pageantry and several performances, which are no doubt of great cultural significance. Also, really, really dreadfully dull. A small child near the box has fallen asleep leaning against the side of the box. They are drooling and snoring a little and their increasingly embarrassed sibling keeps throwing things at them in the hopes that they will wake up.

The young monk smiles almost imperceptibly at the young child's 'plight' of boredom, but otherwise returns (most of) his attention to the rest of the ceremony. He spares the twins only the occasional, brief glance to ensure they are done with their mischief-making.


Male Lycan, Desert Coyote

It was strange, being here. He'd heard the legends surrounding this school and it's students since he was a child playing in the sands. He had often drawn it, imagining it in his mind, and when he finally got here Merikh wasn't surprised when saw just how close his sand art had ben before h'd abandoned the practice for the creation of the arms and armor his clan needed to survive through their own destruction.

Precious few had. Safely hidden away in an underground oasis the clan struggled to revive itself. To learn what had been lost, Merikh had made the trek here. He had one goal from his clan and a few goals for himself he had to accomplish before he returned.

Why he was drawn to a specific part of the gardens eluded him though. It seemed quite familiar to him, like he'd been here a long time ago. He knew what he should be doing -and he had plenty of free time to do it since he stayed caught up in his classes- but this corner seemed to draw him in. He napped there, ate there, studied there.

It wasn't until his third day that he thought to check something and found out just why he'd been dawn here. Who, then, was behind it?


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
"Um, it's supposed to help me readjust to society? I think? Being kidnapped by a bunch of crazy cultists for most of my early teenage years may have left psychological damage and I'm not making this sound better am I." Robin shakes her head and sighs. "I, I don't know either. I mean, again, I'm pretty safe as long as I'm paying attention and people stay a few feet away from me. I'm pretty nice, or at least I like to think, if you just ignore the endless rambling and I'll stop talking and let you go back to sleep now." Robin hangs her head, blushing in embarrassment.

Flourence stretches. "hmm." she eventually stands. "it'll make it a bit odd, but I guess I'll manage. My name is flourence." now that she's on her feet her nature starts to become apparent, rocking back and forth constantly, nearly unable to stand in one spot. "hmm?" she shivers, a moment, and quickly hides her fox tails away, hoping Robin didn't see them.


Female Human

"Nice to meet you, Flourence." Robin is apparently completely oblivious to the appearance of the tails. "So, um, sorry if this is rude or something, but why is your half, um... a, well... swamp?"


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
"Nice to meet you, Flourence." Robin is apparently completely oblivious to the appearance of the tails. "So, um, sorry if this is rude or something, but why is your half, um... a, well... swamp?"

"I like swamps." she says plainly, as if that explains everything.


Male Human Gestalt Inquisitor/Dragon Knight 16
Fei, of the Sun Soul wrote:
Jaiye wrote:
Jaiye's ears flatten and twitch as the ultrasonic pulses are going, but she doesn't say anything or move from her seat as the mice skitter out of the box, climbing all over each other and anything or anyone else in their way to get away from the dreaded noise.

The moment the mice have cleared the box and fled for good, Fei stops the ultrasonic pulses and gives Jaiye'e beleaguered ears some respite.

Jaiye wrote:
The rest of the ceremony crawls by without incident as Lira and Liren sit in subdued silence, throwing occasional wary glares at the 'guests'. There is a great deal of pageantry and several performances, which are no doubt of great cultural significance. Also, really, really dreadfully dull. A small child near the box has fallen asleep leaning against the side of the box. They are drooling and snoring a little and their increasingly embarrassed sibling keeps throwing things at them in the hopes that they will wake up.

The young monk smiles almost imperceptibly at the young child's 'plight' of boredom, but otherwise returns (most of) his attention to the rest of the ceremony. He spares the twins only the occasional, brief glance to ensure they are done with their mischief-making.

Ghalen remains alert, looking for problems, not just in the box they are watching the ceremony from.


Female Human

"That's, that's, that's, um, nice!" Robin says politely, completely befuddled, before tripping and falling away from her roommate, falling flat on the hardwood floor of her side. "I'm okay! Just... give me a minute."


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
"That's, that's, that's, um, nice!" Robin says politely, completely befuddled, before tripping and falling away from her roommate, falling flat on the hardwood floor of her side. "I'm okay! Just... give me a minute."

Flourence fights her urge to help her up, and just stands.


Female Human

Robin attempts to get up, stumbles, but eventually pushes herself back to her feet. "Woof, that one was a doozy!" she says, apparently completely unconcerned. "Those weird dizzy-sick-feeling-like-I'm-about-to-throw-up fits have been happening a few days since, well, y'know, I got kinda possessed but not really? Anyways, don't worry about it. It's normal."


Female Human (three-tailed)
Robin O'Meara wrote:
Robin attempts to get up, stumbles, but eventually pushes herself back to her feet. "Woof, that one was a doozy!" she says, apparently completely unconcerned. "Those weird dizzy-sick-feeling-like-I'm-about-to-throw-up fits have been happening a few days since, well, y'know, I got kinda possessed but not really? Anyways, don't worry about it. It's normal."

flournce raises an eyebrow, and nods.


Male Icy Catfolk Image Warlock/Rogue 16

Tybalt shifts the clock over and scratches behind his ear a bit. He could probably do it with his foot like a cat, but they're walking right now, and he'd have to stop to do so.
"Yeah, probably a good idea. I've just been away for so long. I don't even know what would happen if I went back now."


male goo dragon alchemist 16(spellhammer) / synthesist 16

Kevin frowns a little and looks away. "Ah, sorry man. That really sucks, but it sounds like you handled it pretty well. Revenge isn't ever as good as it feels like it would be. Some guys from my alchemy class tripped me while I was holding a bunch of the glassware from my lab, so I snuck a Diger into his bathroom and glued his door shut. It was much more unsettling than satisfying... Not that that really compares or anything. Just... related to the topic? I guess?"

Kevin will have a new ooze to label and identify after the tangible awkwardness between them precipitates into a physical form as it may do at any moment.


Male Change-Djinn Wishcraft Sorcerer/ Aerokineticist

Jasper listens to the song for a while, slowly getting more into it.
"Hey, this is pretty good."
A few moments later he's standing up, smiling and dancing around the room a bit.
"Dude, I love this!"


Male sorcerer 16 wilder (leader/telepath) 3 elocater 2, thrallherd 1, pyrokineticist 10.

"like I said, don't worry about it..... maybe you could write letters or something?"

77,701 to 77,750 of 78,391 << first < prev | 1550 | 1551 | 1552 | 1553 | 1554 | 1555 | 1556 | 1557 | 1558 | 1559 | 1560 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of Agartha: the Avalon Chronicles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.