Legends in the Making: Slayers of Renown

Game Master BloodWolven

Varnhold Jail/Dungeon

Varnhold Stockade

Map of the lands that is cleared.
NPC Codex
Kingdom Stats
Bounty Board

Current Fight

Tomb of the Wight Warlord

Treasure Tracker

Rivers Run Red - Troll Fight


5,501 to 5,550 of 6,221 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Fighter (Sensate) 7| 25ft speed | HP: 66/73 | AC: 23/14/18|Init: +8| Perc: +11| Fort: +8| Ref: +5| Will: +4| CMB: +11| CMD: 24| Moon's Edge: +14/+8;1d10+7| D. Maulaxe: +12/+6;1d6+5| Longbow: +10/+4;1d8| 2-weapon: +13/+10/+5 |
Skills:
Acro+9| App+2| H.A+4| Heal+2| Inti+2|K.Eng/Dun+5| K.Dun+4|Ling+4|Ride+4| SM+8| Sur+8| Swim+5|

Koldur begins, his voice soft yet commanding, reaching into every corner of the room. His words clear and leaves no room for mistakes.

"From the beginning, a group of us foiled an ambush from vampires and a horde of their spawn. Sable, my oldest and dearest friend sword master and sword smith both. Brother Henric charmer, woodsmen of faith, Skirt chaser. D, resolute yet impeccable in manners and etiquette.
Xara Ozolins, mistress of summons and a voice of soft reason. Oscar Cray the III, Noble warrior despite his bloodline always sought to do what was right. Razaniel, Holy Brawler, rough but pure. Trust him to watch your back. We took to the roads fleeing and relieved a siege caused by yet more undead from a dwarven fortress. This was the beginning but we were not to be alone."
he pauses as he smiles.

"We were joined by more stalwarts as some of our numbers fell or forced to head back due to circumstances. Dorgar, Edelsmirge, Alembic, Baradim, Helferick Darkhelm, Halseen Surtova, Hadran, The Fallen,Ingvarr Battlecaller, Hundor, Hykan the Traveller, Ingvarr Battlecaller, Jasrella Domas, Jevar T'soryn, Johanna "The Cat" Sinclair, Lothorian Sativa, Lord Christian D'Elagante, Nemana Suranti, Meir the Dragon, Rai Thydel, Reknar, Reknar Heldergast, Seraphina Medvyed, Sylvester Asimov, Vitaliano da Riva, Toki Wolfrider, Olivira and Zod" He names each of the heroes that he has travelled with. Some present, some on duty, some who had fallen and others whose fates remain unknown.

"Bandits, Nobles, Warriors, Slaves, Rogues, Monks, Bards, Druids, Clerics, Outcasts, Hermits, Farmers, Hunters, Common free folk, wizards, Warlocks and even those of the other races. We came together to build a kingdom. Some of us remain within the kingdom, doing what they beleived in. Some of us took up seats including myself in a council built on respect, trust and the belief to build a kingdom that all could call home. Some of have fallen in our continued endeavors to fulfil that dream. Some of us have walked another path and we do not know all of their fates." he looks at Flouncy, Beorn, Loarin and Olivra.

"Heroes one and all. Pioneers and defenders of the people. I have served under 2 kings and have watched a Princess grow to become a Queen. I have slayed enemies. I have defended those unable to defend themselves. I have venerated the gods as best as I can," he pauses and grins.
"...to the best of my abilities."

Raising his arms as he speaks. His eyes clearly no longer capable of sight yet clear in their unwavering gaze.
"I have watched the communities and families as best as Erastil would dictate. I have adhered to Honor and Justice in the name of Iomedae. I have seen and admired the Creation of Torag. Bring light into the hearts of people where I could like Sarenrae. Despite having no talent in the arts, I still appreciate the beauty they bring like Shelyn. I enjoy festivals for they are what brings the people happiness in times that are hard with the blessing of Cayden Cailean. Observing and enforcing the laws is my way of praising Abadar for keeping the kingdom safe and ordered. Irori, though I do not follow the exact path, my devotion to my axes are no less as devout as your followers to your creed. Gozreh, I have tasted and endured your wrath, fury and blessings upon my own body as I travelled the kingdom like Desna would have. In every battle, I have fought to my full ability and in this Gorum would have watched every move I have made in them. Nethys have shown me the creation and destruction that can be wrought by Magic and my own axe has being enhanced by his grace. In time Pharasma, I would be claimed by you but let me smite down the undead abominations that still harass this lands." he lowers his hands.

"Let the gods so named judge me and my actions. Let the Council hear my renewed oath that I'll strive and fight to my dying breath to build a kingdom where all who seeks to live their lives in safety are able to do so. I have no talent for Magics. I have no skill for the arts of subterfuge. What I do ask is to seek aid and lend me your guidance and powers so that I may continue to do what I do best to the fullest of my ability. I am Koldur of the Axe and these are my words."


Upon Koldur's words magics begin to gather and once the magic dissipates he is left with several glowing marbles in his hand. A multicolored orb with bursts of every color that continue to animate as if by magic. A brown and green orb that smells of fresh baked bread and bacon. A silver orb with a floating golden key. A blue and white orb with a multicolored butterfly within. A silver orb with a tan tankard. A stark white orb with a red lion within.

Founcy finds a blue and white orb with a multicolored butterfly within, a brown and green orb that smells of fresh baked bread and bacon, and a multicolored orb with bursts of every color that continue to animate as if by magic.

Olivira finds a stark white orb with a red lion within, a white orb with a blue hand within, a silver orb with a floating golden key, and a multicolored orb with bursts of every color that continue to animate as if by magic.

Sable finds a brown and green orb that smells of fresh baked bread and bacon, a silver orb with a floating golden key, and a stark white orb with a red lion within.

Beorn finds a brown and green orb that smells of fresh baked bread and bacon and a silver orb with a floating golden key.

Loarin finds a red and orange orb that warms the hand.

---
You are all sufficed with a massive amount of power and magic. The water ripples with it and sends the waves of energy back from one to another. You all have become gestalt and a +2 divine bonus to an ability score of your choice. Please record the adjustment in your character sheet. A week passes and you awaken in your bed in the castle. Beorn and Flouncy have their own rooms now.


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |

Cool!


You wake up to see a female in a maids outfit, touching a cool towel to your head, face, neck, or arms. As you awaken she smiles sweetly at you.


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |

Flouncy tries to figure out what the orbs are about.
kn. planes: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
kn. religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

He doesn't quite get it.

He thanks the maid for her attentions and goes to find the others.


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

"Hello missy, how ya doin'? Can you tell me what day it is?"

"A week ago? Really?" After pondering the whole thing for a bit. "Do you have any food?"


Male Dwarf Fighter (Sensate) 7| 25ft speed | HP: 66/73 | AC: 23/14/18|Init: +8| Perc: +11| Fort: +8| Ref: +5| Will: +4| CMB: +11| CMD: 24| Moon's Edge: +14/+8;1d10+7| D. Maulaxe: +12/+6;1d6+5| Longbow: +10/+4;1d8| 2-weapon: +13/+10/+5 |
Skills:
Acro+9| App+2| H.A+4| Heal+2| Inti+2|K.Eng/Dun+5| K.Dun+4|Ling+4|Ride+4| SM+8| Sur+8| Swim+5|

Koldur's sense washes over the orbs. Despite his lack of sight, he 'sees' them in full color and their symbols imprinted within. Thanking the gods for lending him their power once more, He relaxes in the backwash of power emanating from Ritual.

He feels different as if something else had being unlocked within him. He didn't get faster or gained the ability to harness magic at will. Instead he felt the accumulation of the years he had lived all these time and the experience he had gained.
That seemed to be a whole new extension of his will and body and he knew he needed some time adjust as he closed his eyes to mediate on it.

...................................only to awaken and find that its' already being a week.

"What day and time is it now? Are the others well?"


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |

percep: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Standing in the hallway, Flouncy hears a familiar voice.

Koldur! Where you at?


The maid quickly gets Beorn some fruit and bread that were on a silver tray. "If you would like something more I can get what you want."

---

The maid lets Koldur know that all the other council members and your companions are fine. In fact Flouncy bounds into the room.


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |

Do you guys feel different? I feel different. Stronger. I'm not sure what happened, but that was some strong magic.


Vital:
HP: 80/80, AC: 19 _ T: 12 _ FF: 17 _ Perception +8, Initiative: +2, Fort +11 _ Ref +3 _ Will +1, CMB: +13, CMD: 25, Speed: 50, 0 non-lethal damage
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Bluff -1, Climb +8, Diplomacy -1, Escape Artist +0, Handle Animal +3, Heal +1, Intimidate +9, Linguistics +0, Ride +4, Stealth +0, Survival +5, Swim +8

From the corner the giants says, "The power of the gods, now resides in you. You should feel stronger and different!"


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

Beorn eventually rouses himself from bed, eats, dresses, washes up, and heads out to find the others.

"Yes, I feel more capable, if that makes any sense. I seem to have a connection with the powers around me I did not have before. Like a link to a power source." Beorn says in response to Flouncy assuming the question is asked when they are all together.


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |
Zod Kralzel wrote:
From the corner the giants says, "The power of the gods, now resides in you. You should feel stronger and different!"

I do. We need to act on this blessing. Let's do our work, as best we can.

Silver Crusade

Vital:
HP: 43/43, AC: 21 _ T: 11 _ FF: 20 _ Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft., Initiative: +1, Fort +5 _ Ref +2 _ Will +8, CMB: +4, CMD: 14, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -3, Appraise +5, Climb -3, Diplomacy +14, Heal +10, Handle Animal +5, K(A, H, P, N, R) +5, Linguistics +7, Profession +7, Ride -3, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -3, Survival +3, Spellcraft +5, Swim -3

He laments as he works his tight muscles in his arms, "And yet we all had such a hangover from it. What is on the agenda for work?"


Male Dwarf Fighter (Sensate) 7| 25ft speed | HP: 66/73 | AC: 23/14/18|Init: +8| Perc: +11| Fort: +8| Ref: +5| Will: +4| CMB: +11| CMD: 24| Moon's Edge: +14/+8;1d10+7| D. Maulaxe: +12/+6;1d6+5| Longbow: +10/+4;1d8| 2-weapon: +13/+10/+5 |
Skills:
Acro+9| App+2| H.A+4| Heal+2| Inti+2|K.Eng/Dun+5| K.Dun+4|Ling+4|Ride+4| SM+8| Sur+8| Swim+5|

"Train and rediscover ourselves." Koldur states.

"Find out what's changed and what those orbs are. Purchase more items if you need to. Loarin unfortunately. You'll need to start with the churches and find out what they're doing and charging to the masses for their services. The council will want to know. I do know I want to know."

Silver Crusade

Vital:
HP: 43/43, AC: 21 _ T: 11 _ FF: 20 _ Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft., Initiative: +1, Fort +5 _ Ref +2 _ Will +8, CMB: +4, CMD: 14, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -3, Appraise +5, Climb -3, Diplomacy +14, Heal +10, Handle Animal +5, K(A, H, P, N, R) +5, Linguistics +7, Profession +7, Ride -3, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -3, Survival +3, Spellcraft +5, Swim -3

He starts out with a statement and follows through with an exasperatedquestion, "I thought I was hired on as a healer for an adventuring group. You want me to be a go between those vampires and you?!"

K Religion: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9

"Research will need to be done on the orbs, I have no clue what they are."


Vital:
HP: 80/80, AC: 19 _ T: 12 _ FF: 17 _ Perception +8, Initiative: +2, Fort +11 _ Ref +3 _ Will +1, CMB: +13, CMD: 25, Speed: 50, 0 non-lethal damage
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Bluff -1, Climb +8, Diplomacy -1, Escape Artist +0, Handle Animal +3, Heal +1, Intimidate +9, Linguistics +0, Ride +4, Stealth +0, Survival +5, Swim +8

He looks up at the group and wonders out loud, "I guess I will go out with Saronis then."


Male Dwarf Fighter (Sensate) 7| 25ft speed | HP: 66/73 | AC: 23/14/18|Init: +8| Perc: +11| Fort: +8| Ref: +5| Will: +4| CMB: +11| CMD: 24| Moon's Edge: +14/+8;1d10+7| D. Maulaxe: +12/+6;1d6+5| Longbow: +10/+4;1d8| 2-weapon: +13/+10/+5 |
Skills:
Acro+9| App+2| H.A+4| Heal+2| Inti+2|K.Eng/Dun+5| K.Dun+4|Ling+4|Ride+4| SM+8| Sur+8| Swim+5|
Loarin Valeguard wrote:

He starts out with a statement and follows through with an exasperatedquestion, "I thought I was hired on as a healer for an adventuring group. You want me to be a go between those vampires and you?!"

[Dice=K Religion]1d20+5+1

"Research will need to be done on the orbs, I have no clue what they are."

"You are. However I need to know what those churches are doing now so that I can let the council know. This frees you up for what we needed you for in the first place. A healer for our adventures." Koldur points out.

"If I go in and start asking, they'll present me a gold cauldron filled with rich excuses."

Silver Crusade

Vital:
HP: 43/43, AC: 21 _ T: 11 _ FF: 20 _ Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft., Initiative: +1, Fort +5 _ Ref +2 _ Will +8, CMB: +4, CMD: 14, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -3, Appraise +5, Climb -3, Diplomacy +14, Heal +10, Handle Animal +5, K(A, H, P, N, R) +5, Linguistics +7, Profession +7, Ride -3, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -3, Survival +3, Spellcraft +5, Swim -3

He doesnt look to happy but nods. He laments by sayimg, "I will go speak with the high priest on the council, Rognar I believe, and see what kind of permissions I can attain."


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |

Flouncy tries to help Loarin's check.

kn. religion: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

Saronis? I don't recall a Saronis.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Sensate) 7| 25ft speed | HP: 66/73 | AC: 23/14/18|Init: +8| Perc: +11| Fort: +8| Ref: +5| Will: +4| CMB: +11| CMD: 24| Moon's Edge: +14/+8;1d10+7| D. Maulaxe: +12/+6;1d6+5| Longbow: +10/+4;1d8| 2-weapon: +13/+10/+5 |
Skills:
Acro+9| App+2| H.A+4| Heal+2| Inti+2|K.Eng/Dun+5| K.Dun+4|Ling+4|Ride+4| SM+8| Sur+8| Swim+5|

Koldor nods towards Zod.
"Where would you be heading off too with Saronis?"

One of the many players who left the game and is now a NPC.


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

"We've had a bit of time off waiting for this ceremony. Might as well check the boards and see what needs doing." Beorn says heading down to peruse the boards and get a feel for where they could assist the most.


Vital:
HP: 80/80, AC: 19 _ T: 12 _ FF: 17 _ Perception +8, Initiative: +2, Fort +11 _ Ref +3 _ Will +1, CMB: +13, CMD: 25, Speed: 50, 0 non-lethal damage
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Bluff -1, Climb +8, Diplomacy -1, Escape Artist +0, Handle Animal +3, Heal +1, Intimidate +9, Linguistics +0, Ride +4, Stealth +0, Survival +5, Swim +8

He slowly states enunciating with a rough accent, "I don't know, Sable said it would be training for me. If I wanted without any pressing engagements."


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

"Sounds good, Zod. Best of luck to you."


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |

We'll miss you, big guy. Good luck in whatever's next, the halfling adds.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Sensate) 7| 25ft speed | HP: 66/73 | AC: 23/14/18|Init: +8| Perc: +11| Fort: +8| Ref: +5| Will: +4| CMB: +11| CMD: 24| Moon's Edge: +14/+8;1d10+7| D. Maulaxe: +12/+6;1d6+5| Longbow: +10/+4;1d8| 2-weapon: +13/+10/+5 |
Skills:
Acro+9| App+2| H.A+4| Heal+2| Inti+2|K.Eng/Dun+5| K.Dun+4|Ling+4|Ride+4| SM+8| Sur+8| Swim+5|

"Training?" Koldur raises an eyebrow.

"Given that he's one of the premier swordsmaster in the kingdom, It can only be good for you to take up swordsmanship with Sable." Koldur explains.

"I wish you all the best and have fun with that training. He's strict taskmaster but fair."


Vital:
HP: 80/80, AC: 19 _ T: 12 _ FF: 17 _ Perception +8, Initiative: +2, Fort +11 _ Ref +3 _ Will +1, CMB: +13, CMD: 25, Speed: 50, 0 non-lethal damage
Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Bluff -1, Climb +8, Diplomacy -1, Escape Artist +0, Handle Animal +3, Heal +1, Intimidate +9, Linguistics +0, Ride +4, Stealth +0, Survival +5, Swim +8

Zod nods his thanks and waves before leaving.


The bounty board is full of bounties. The Howler one is crossed out in red.


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

"It looks to me like the most important one on the board is to find Temin Hanvaki. His is the only missing person and if he is in trouble then the sooner we find him the better. If you fellas are up for it, then it looks like a trip to Varnheld."


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |

kn. local: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Flouncy isn't very familiar with the whole story.

A missing person? Sounds intriguing. Who are we looking for, exactly?


Looking at the bounty you see it says:
Source: Local aristocrat Edrist Hanvaki
Task: Edrist worries about his brother, Tomin, who recently traveled to Varnhold to seal a deal with that village’s gemcutter. Tomin’s been missing for days, and Edrist has promised a reward for news of his brother’s fate, or at the very least, the return of his brother’s mother-of-pearl brooch.
Completion: Learn of Tomin’s fate and report the discovery to Edrist.
Reward: Edrist is prepared to award those who bring him the news he seeks a payment of 3,000 gp.


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |

Reading the notice, Flouncy agrees that it should be our next quest.


Male Dwarf Fighter (Sensate) 7| 25ft speed | HP: 66/73 | AC: 23/14/18|Init: +8| Perc: +11| Fort: +8| Ref: +5| Will: +4| CMB: +11| CMD: 24| Moon's Edge: +14/+8;1d10+7| D. Maulaxe: +12/+6;1d6+5| Longbow: +10/+4;1d8| 2-weapon: +13/+10/+5 |
Skills:
Acro+9| App+2| H.A+4| Heal+2| Inti+2|K.Eng/Dun+5| K.Dun+4|Ling+4|Ride+4| SM+8| Sur+8| Swim+5|

"This will be quite a trip, I'll ask Soar Wings to lend the strength of his herd again and we'll fly there."


Do you make any provisions before you head out? Do you invite or ask others to join you? Presenting it is Koldur, Founcy, Beorn, and Loarin.


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

Planning the trip depends on where and how far it is. If Beorn does not have a good idea where Varnhold is then he will seek out a local map maker and see what he has on hand. Then he will replenish his standard arrows. As always, based in the length of trip he will pack sufficient rations.

know geography: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |

Flouncy will wander around and try to gather information about where to go. He'll ask people who look like they'd know where Varnhold is, and how far away.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


You know that Varnhold was one of the other expeditionary missions. It is about 70 miles away due south east. The map maker has a few pieced together pieces that might help. It will cost you 30 gp.

One way on foot it would take 7 days without foraging on the way. On horseback about 3 and a half days. On pegasus wings about 2 days.

Silver Crusade

Vital:
HP: 43/43, AC: 21 _ T: 11 _ FF: 20 _ Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft., Initiative: +1, Fort +5 _ Ref +2 _ Will +8, CMB: +4, CMD: 14, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -3, Appraise +5, Climb -3, Diplomacy +14, Heal +10, Handle Animal +5, K(A, H, P, N, R) +5, Linguistics +7, Profession +7, Ride -3, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -3, Survival +3, Spellcraft +5, Swim -3

In the mean time you haven't seen Loarin for the past few days, apparently working for the Council in the temples.

Silver Crusade

Vital:
HP: 43/43, AC: 21 _ T: 11 _ FF: 20 _ Perception +5, Darkvision 60 ft., Initiative: +1, Fort +5 _ Ref +2 _ Will +8, CMB: +4, CMD: 14, Speed: 20
Skills:
Acrobatics -3, Appraise +5, Climb -3, Diplomacy +14, Heal +10, Handle Animal +5, K(A, H, P, N, R) +5, Linguistics +7, Profession +7, Ride -3, Sense Motive +7, Stealth -3, Survival +3, Spellcraft +5, Swim -3

He brings an issue to the group, "Okay we got several problems and I come to you first to see if we can solve it before going to the Council. Moreso Koldur but hopefully the other can help. The high priest is a major partier and has neglected some of his duties, Rognar. Otherwise I would not have to be doing these investigations. Though different beliefs does come in to affect the situation. The main problem is there is no laws or edicts that 'control' the temples. The high priest would likely need to make a suggestion before the Council can decide. Suggestions?"


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

"Rognar party too much? I could see that. I barely know the man and fear I would have little sway. However, I see no reason for the government to get involved. Inevitably, the involvement of government will make the situation worse."


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

"Also, what about these magical items we found with the trolls? Zod is interested in the hide armor; that leaves the mace, an amulet, and an ioun stone." Beorn turns to Koldur, "Unless you want the mace, I would think you should have the amulet to make you more able to withstand attacks on the front line. Me or Flouncy could take the Ioun stone. The mace, I think we get more for it being sold than trying to use it among ourselves."


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |
Loarin Valeguard wrote:
He brings an issue to the group, "Okay we got several problems and I come to you first to see if we can solve it before going to the Council. Moreso Koldur but hopefully the other can help. The high priest is a major partier and has neglected some of his duties, Rognar. Otherwise I would not have to be doing these investigations. Though different beliefs does come in to affect the situation. The main problem is there is no laws or edicts that 'control' the temples. The high priest would likely need to make a suggestion before the Council can decide. Suggestions?"

I have no suggestions, being new to this venture, but this seems like something we shouldn't neglect. I think Koldur should handle this.


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |
Beorn Blackmane wrote:
"Also, what about these magical items we found with the trolls? Zod is interested in the hide armor; that leaves the mace, an amulet, and an ioun stone." Beorn turns to Koldur, "Unless you want the mace, I would think you should have the amulet to make you more able to withstand attacks on the front line. Me or Flouncy could take the Ioun stone. The mace, I think we get more for it being sold than trying to use it among ourselves."

Take the stone, Beorn. It will do more for you than for me. I'm no fighter.


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

I'm thinking two to three days to collect the information, map, and supplies we need to traavel to Varnhold. During that period Koldur can speak with Rognar if he wishes and then we can head out on the pegasi. Sound good?


M halfling Unchained Rogue7/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 4 HP: 61/61 | AC: 26/22, 17, 15 | CMB: 4, CMD: 10 | F: +8 R: +13, W: +7 | Init: +12 | Perc: +12 |

I like it.


The three days slowly draw out. You eventually convince the map trader to release his maps for a paltry 30 gold coins. Going to the general store you collect your needed supplies.

The fourth day you gather together in the courtyard. Loarin apparently is still caught up with religious gossip and that work.

Will you take it easy on the Pegasus and take 3 days to fly to Varnhold?

On the trip there are many animals to see, and easily avoided as you fly by. The wild life is sparse as the plains are.

24d20 ⇒ (5, 13, 6, 6, 12, 17, 3, 1, 8, 1, 2, 2, 3, 12, 7, 11, 5, 2, 6, 6, 6, 17, 7, 17) = 175

Any guard rotation for when you camp?


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

No big hurry. Take it easy on the pegasi. Since Loarin is not with us we can do a three hour watch each; Flouncy, Koldur, Beorn. If Loarin does free himself up and join us then a two and a half hour watch; Flouncy, Loarin, Koldur, Beorn.


You got the time will you go check in on him on the last of the three days? Apparently Koldur is swamped with work so we will have to move forward without him.

Koldur appears to feel concerned for the both of you, "Split the treasure between the two of you and use what will be helpful."


Human male NG Fighter (Skirmisher) 6, Ranger (Trapper) 1 / Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsman) 7 | HP 60/70 | AC23 T17 FF15 | F+11 R+10 W+4 | CMD24 | Init+7 Percep+16 darkvision | Current effects: 28 arrows, alchemist fire x5, +1 caustic arrows x7, MC acid (1d4) arrows x19

Speaking of treasure, I will see about getting a wand of Aspect of the Falcon during our three days. We can do one last check in on Loarin before departing.

5,501 to 5,550 of 6,221 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay - Where the action happens... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.