How to paint a Raven Silver (Hell's Rebels)

Game Master Jesper Roland Sørensen

Gameplay map

Rebellion sheet


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,341 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

It takes less than 30 seconds after the lictor advises using 'subtlety and tact' for Canacha to holler something about 'a bomb thrower to cause a ruckus.' Jack just gives Octavio a sheepish smile and thanks him for his time and assistance.

"Time to go, I think," he tells the others, heading back toward Canacha and the shrine's priestly overseers.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Before Jack leaves the room Octavio stops him: "Wait a moment. You might need this to convince the armigers of you claim to free them." He loose a scabbard removing it from his waist and handle it to Jack. "This blade belonged to my mother, it's not something I share with anyone outside of the order. It's made of mithral so should help you against any devils if Thrune has hidden some extra guards in the Holding House."

After a moment his cousin adds: "You can use the Tooth and Nail as a staging ground to stake out the Holding House without having to cross the river multiply times raising suspicion about you."


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"We CAN do subtly and tack." "sometimes." she mutters. "We'll do our best to not fight in the streets or blow up anything extra. We do appreciate the offer of the Tooth and Nail. Do you need anything? Lena assures Octavio, and makes sure he's comfortable before heading out.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

"This is indeed a fine blade," Jack comments as he takes the mithral short sword. "I've already got a silver weapon, though; perhaps Lena or Mic should carry it."

Jack's eyes turn toward Canacha and he smiles a bit, unable to picture the pretty dhampir using a mere blade when she could BOOM! the head off a foe.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"We'll sort it out. It's just borrowed for now." She heads for the ladder to leave.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

I think Jack's next move will be to use Diplomacy to gather information about the armigers being held at the Holding House.

Diplomacy (Gather Information) Rolls:

Jack gets two rolls, thanks to his Noble Scion feat, and can keep the better one.

Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Diplomacy (gather information): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
hours taken: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Egad! Sheesh even!


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

Oooh thats a pretty and shiny blade. Is it sharp? It looks sharp."

She began as the others arrived She managed to hold off the urge to stick her tongue out at the hell knight in hiding.

Since Jack was looking for the hellknight armigers in the area she took to the time to both check in on the local going on's with the dottari and bothering people in the area... and while doing that she thought she would keep her ears open for any possible recruits when she wasnt below working on her new boomstick of course.

diplomancy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

I know those are all things done in the upkeep phase of things, but you know. Also we are doomed to go in guns blazing like silly people it seems :P

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Both Jack hears this rumor being talked about around town. “The Order of the Torrent was banned by Barzillai Thrune after he found out that they were actually minions of Norgorber and had been operating as a thieves’ guild—when the order took out the Gray Spiders all those years ago, they did more than end that guild; they became that guild!” but nothing specific about those taken in.

Canacha overhears someone talking about what he thinks the dottari is doing. “Thrune’s been using the Holding House as temporary jail, but there’s more to it than that. I hear they’ve got some sort of fiend in there too—something that’s been working to extract intelligence and more from the prisoners!”


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"I think we should check out the Holding House by day just to see what the outside looks like. Then make a plan." Lena will take a walk around that area trying to look like just a person out and about on business.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

As you all get back to the Tooth and Nail Sabinus shows you a room ypu can stay at and sleep arrangements in a single and two double rooms close by. The main serviving area is where you can meet the locals, have dinner and drinks and participate in some games.

Holding House: Once Kintargo’s jail, this building was recently re-commissioned and put back into use by Thrune as a place to hold suspects before they are processed. It's also in the Old Kintargo area where tge tavern is also located.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

Meeting with the others later that evening after she heared the rumours she frowned as she shared her information.

"Rumours say they've got some sort of fiend in there doing something to mess with the minds of the prisoner's. We should take that into account."

She began sipping her tea and already making a face. No mint... it was a travesty! A mother of devils travesty! He face scrunched up in annoyance as she set her cup down.

"So... since everyone thinks I go off half cocked and am as subtle as a bard in a crowd. . . whats the idea? Sneak someone in asking about buying indentured servants? Make a disturbance elsewhere and try to draw the guards out?


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

I'd like to see the layout of the place. See if there's an entrance away from the street or one that fewer guards are at. Maybe we can find someone who knows what the inside looks like. That way we aren't going in completely blind." She sips her tea and also grimaces. "Maybe we should switch to ale."


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

"I could like use one of my potions and look like a well to do merchant. Perhaps go in requesting to see their lot of indentured servants and act confused when its the wrong place. See what I can see?"

She offered frowning at the tea... and frowning at the idea of ale. She had never really drank ale. Family tradition, having to do with always being alert. Maybe ale was better than mintless tea.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Setrona comes over with a pitcher of ale and some glasses and joins you all at the tabel. "If we are going to resort to trickery why not use the government’s own overly complicated rules and regulations against it? I think it would have a better chance at a success than a direct assault or trying to sneak out people, who might not be familiar with working steathily." she asks as she sits down look around the tabel.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

"Oooh Ale?! I want to try!"

She began reaching out for the ale filled glass and setting aside her mintless tea.

does she like it? high good low bad: 1d100 ⇒ 64

She took a hesistant drink making a slight face for a moment before well wrinkling her nose with a slight smile on her face.

"It's not bad. I can get used to it for sure i think maybe... so anyway, what do you mean? Like give them copies of bad orders or something?"

She asked practically bouncing in her seat.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

"More like fake prison transfer orders. The holding house is only a temperary place, but without the orders they can't move prisoners to more secure prisons. With some fake uniforms and forged documents we could walk directly out with them without anyone stopping you." Setrona responds.


Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

"I would think with uniforms Jack and I could certinally pass for guards, though more competent then normal looking, as long as I don't have to convince people.. That sounds like an interesting idea."


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

"I suppose that might work," Jack says, stroking his chin stubble. "Anyone know a good seamstress or forger?"

Hey--maybe Jack knows one himself!

Knowledge (local) Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Jack might not know a good seamstress, but you have met a tailor back in the Nursery when you went to investigate the murder on tieflings. Hetamon should be able to help you. A forgery is harder to come by and you might have to find someone who makes a living as a scivner or go to the Newt marked and see if they can help.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

knowledge local seamstress/tailor: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
knowledge local scriviner: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"I may know a few people. Day trip right? I have a few of my someone else potions ready to go."

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Canacha also thinks of Hetamon Hace as a tailor he should be able to make some tabards to make you look like Dottari. You also think that Rexus might be able to forge some documents if he is given the time to work on it.


Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

Who can sew?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Who can write?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Just to remind everyone that she has been doing this for a long time and has some use beyond her fists she lets the group know of any tailors, probably just triple confirming.

As far as the forger there is no doubt that Cancaha know best.

"Right lets go. Together for our requests or split up and hit them both?"


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"Let's head to the Newt market to find the forger first. If we can't locate one the uniforms won't do us much good." Lena drinks some of the ale, and gives Canacha a smile. "It's pretty good stuff isn't it."

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Micheria thinks that almost any bard or wizard should be skilled enough in writing to make forged documents.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack rubs the stubble on his face thoughtfully. "It might make more sense to keep the forged document bit in-house, as it were, rather than risk exposing our identities to one or more outsiders we're not sure we can trust. Rexus came through decoding the documents; I say we give him first shot at producing these papers we'll need."

@Jesper: Was the Newt Market where Jack got firebombed earlier?

Also, PMed my choice for the replacement character(s) to Jesper early last week. If anyone wants to PM their thoughts on that issue, I'd be happy to discuss things further.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

@Jack: Yeah that would be the right place.


HP 36/36, AC 18/13/16, CMD 14, F +5, R +8, W +7 (+3 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic, +2 vs. fear, Init +2, Perc. +5 Halfling Bard (Argent Voice) 4

Mirabella moved through the streets of Kintago with a little more spring in her steps than usual. Since making the decision to join the rebellion against Thrune, she had been pleasently surprised to find herself energized in a way she had never imagined. For the first time in her life, she felt in charge of her own destiny, rather than being someone’s bound servant or entertaining pet.

Just getting the game onto my active campaigns. Looking forward to getting started.


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

A sturdy gnome walks with purpose through the city, looking wide eyed and at everything around him. The tourist look provides him an excuse for being anywhere. Anywhere, like the insighting protest, temple hill, the Devil’s Nursery, the salt mines, or rolling dice in the Redroof district. With the occasional jaunt around Aria park or the opera house Bicks canvases the city between trips outside to collect herbsbeing guided by faith, an otherworldly purpose and reasonably keen senses he looks for the next step.

Placing Bicks in the world while you all are trying to save it.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

It was early morning in the Longroads coffee house Mirabella was there as useal hoping to catch a glimpse of the Silver Ravens leaving Laria's backrooms as she had seen before. After she has finished her coffee and were about to leave the coffee house Laria asks if he can help her on the first floor for a quick moment.

Laria shows Mirabella into a room where a handosmely young gentleman in his mid twenties are waiting. "This young fool here is a friend who reached out to me through an agent of the network. He has placed himself in quite a predicament, and since as you know I can't smuggle him out of town because of the martial law, I want to place him under the care of the Ravens for now. He is quite the resourceful young man made of qaulities a growing rebellion can surely use. I need you to escort him safely to the Tooth and Nail to meet up with the others." She hands you both a small silver raven figurine. "These magical devices are used to communicate between the Silver Ravens. This will be the chance for the both of you to join the spearhead of the rebellion, and I hope you both want to do so. I've already sent not to Jack and the others to expect a couple of new recruits, just show them this figurine and they'll take good care of your continued training." As she leaves she finds a couple of hodded traveling cloaks sized for a human and halfling.

It'll take about an hour to walk to the Tooth and Nail and once there I like a perception roll for both of you to find the others.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Bicks had gotten a somewhat cryptic message from the divine powers he serve. He had dreamt about a raven of pure silver landing in front of him at his desk looking straight into his eyes and shown him a chaotic future with himself at the center of it all surrounded by creatures with sharp teeth and razorsharp talons.

Waking up he finds himself staring at a patient of his, appearently he had been daydreaming for just a few seconds before returning to reality. It was not the first time he had seen this vision and it had come increasingly as of late. The man in front of him starts speaking to him "Did you hear what I said Bicks? A friend of mine working at the Tooth and Nail says that the Silver Ravens are there. I know you've been wanting to join them, and you might have a chance now. They are trying to help Setrona find her cousin, you know, the Hellknight lictor from the Torrent order. He disappeared when the order was suddenly banned by that bastard Thrune, gods have merci on my soul." This might be the only real chance Bicks will ever get to help the rebellion, but he doesn't know who to look for. "I can go with you and introduce you to my friend, perhaps he can help point you at the right people at the tavern."

When you get to the tavern I need a diplomacy check to gather infomation."


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

Shaken from his trance Bisks starts to respond, "Huh, yes. Sorry I'm getting a feeling that something big is happening. I think I just watched the first few snowflakes of an avalanche and I think I might have to try to help direct it. You may have given it a nudge yourself. Tooth and Nail you say. Thank you for the mission information. Rebellion makes for odd bed fellows, but I will follow where fate points me."

Bicks will write his visions is his book.

"I thank you my friend. Hopefully I can help turn the tides."

With that Bicks is out the door.

"Bye"

At the Tavern Bicks does a quick walk around the building to in sure he was not followed before entering.

Perception (being followed or watched): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 13 + (6) = 34

Not knowing how until you have to be in this bar Bicks starts cautious.

"Excuse me I came looking for a Stirling Corvid. I hear they are looking for someone. And, as a matter of fact I'm good at finding someones who have gone missing."


M Human | Resource Tracker | Hexcrafter 4 | HP 38 / 38 | AC 15; 11tch 14ff | +7 fort +3 ref +5 will | +1 init | Climb +6 Diplomacy +3 Intimidate +12 Kn: Arcarna +12* Kn:Dungeon +12* Kn: History +9* Kn:Nobles + 13* Kn:Planes +12* Linguistics +7 Spellcraft +10 Swim +6

Logan had been sitting waiting patiently as he could, although in truth he was fretting inwardly for the events of the past couple of days had turned his life upside down. 'Perhaps it is fitting that I a Tanessen loose everything bar the shirt on my back. My family have brought little but misery death to the people of Kintargo, and what have I done? Rescued a pair of halflings, a start I suppose but very far from a full accounting...'

When the door opened he nodded to Laria and then to Mirabella although he didn't know her name yet. He spoke quietly yet seriously, "Well met miss, name's Logan. I'm ready to help in any way that I can." Glancing at proffered hooded cloak he put it on without complaint, it was probably for the best if he kept a low profile.

Following Mirabella, Logan realized he'd had lead a cosseted life and he had no idea where the Tooth and Nail was so it was just as well she apparently did.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Bicks you notice a few looking at you, but they were mostly concerned that you were lost, when you went to the entrance and than procided to walk around the tavern before entering. They seemed to just chuck it up to your strange gnome nature and proceds with their business'.

Inside the tavern you easily find the friend of your patient. "Ah you must be healer Bicks, Charles sent word you were going to come by today. You might want to talk with the owner, she sits over there with a couple of birds." he says pointing you to a table with Setrona and a party of 3 women and a man.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

She was lost in her thoughts as they sat at the table drinking the coffee with that delicious crumb cake thingy Miss Laria had made her to take with her that morning. She was worried for her friend Meliora. There wasnt any news about rebels being caught or murdered or the like but she was just... gone. She was so distracted she almost forgot why they were sitting there. . . oh wait, they were rescuing members of that stuffy jerkfaises order.

She pouted a moment and removed her very nice hat, though that made her wild red hair next to her pale skin stand out even more. It was a good thing she wasnt trying to stay hidden from sight at the moment now was it.

"So We have the proper papers yeah? Just need some new clothes to go with the uh New company logos right?"

She chipped in doing her best to be all subterfugical. The others should know what she meant at least to be sure. She pulled out the abacus to start working on random mathmatical equations while they waited...her eyes wandering to the cute little gnome who walked into the bar. She couldnt help but grin. She loved gnomes....well most gnomes. That jerk with the potion shop still needed a good punting, but there were more important things afoot than him at the moment. He still owed Jack a big apology. Huge even.
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

She was distracted enough by the math and the conversation that she really didnt notice the barkeep pointing the gnome in their direction.


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

Bicks checks his pouches and flask, flips up his goggles, brushes his hair back with this fingers and approaches the table.

"Hello, name is Bicks, and I have been looking for you all for some time now. I had hoped that I could be of some assistance. Charles pointed me in your direction but it was no small feet finding him and winning his trust."


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack, fascinated as usual by Canacha and her abacus, doesn't notice the gnome until he stands before the table. The man reaches reflexively for one of the short swords he wears on each hip before catching himself and calming down.

"Charles?" he asks the gnome cautiously. The small fellow doesn't look like an Asmodean, anyhow.

Heh, maybe my brain's on vacation, but I have no idea who this Charles guy is.


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

If I had to guess it's an npc the gm created to help Bicks find you guys. I will wait for guidance from the gm so I don't step on their story.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Charles was the name of the patient Bicks was seeing before going to find you. You should just have said the Barkeeper pointed you since no one here knows him except for him, he was just a rumormonger I tossed into the game. :)


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

It's all good I can run with it.

"I should provide a fuller account of what transpired. Charles is a patient of mine who has his ear to the ground. You meet a lot of people as a healer, you see. He directed me to the bartender here, who intern directed me to Setrona and you, her associates. I'm trying to be transparent about sources. I was also careful to check that I was not followed before entering the bar."


HP 36/36, AC 18/13/16, CMD 14, F +5, R +8, W +7 (+3 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic, +2 vs. fear, Init +2, Perc. +5 Halfling Bard (Argent Voice) 4

Her heart almost skipped a beat when Laria explained her assignment, but Mirabella didn't allow her nervousness slip through to her voice or gestures.

Right...this is it. Time to step into harm's way for real. You can do this, Mirabella Lindenbrook. You have to, for the city, for your family and for yourself! she silently told herself, before Logan's introduction shook her back to reality.

Uhm...pleasure to meet you, Logan. I'm Mirabella. Let's get you safely to the Tooth and Nail. Well...us,I mean...we're both joining the Silver Ravens, after all.

Donning the cloak Laria provided, Mirabella prepared to leave. The silver figurine she slipped into one of her wrist sheaths, where it could hopefully escape detection if they were searched. Then she realized that Logan was looking to her to lead the way.

He's expecting me to take charge. Alright...calm down. Think. We just have to cross the city, after all.

"Ok...before we go, a few precautionary measures...just to be on the safe side, she said lightly, looking the young man over.

"If anyone are after you, they will be looking for a stylish blond man traveling alone. But with a few alterations... She uttered a simple cantrip and Logan's clothes took on a fades and slightly grimy look. His hair transformed from blond to dark brown. Using prestidigitation Disguise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"Perfect. Don't worry, the change will only last an hour. And now me." She shifted her cap and suddenly changed appearance from a young, pretty halfling woman to a adolescent human girl, with plain features and brown hair to match Logan's. Disguise: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20

"If anyone asks, I'm May and you are my brother...Trevor. Yes, that's a suitable name, I think. We're headed to the Tooth and Nail to get our father, because our mother has suddenly fallen ill. Ok? Great, let's go"

Taking a deep breath, Mirabella grabbed Logan's hand and strode out of the coffeehouse, doing her best to blend in with the street traffic as they headed for the rendezvous.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Mirabella can't get a good look over the tables form her vantage point, but with a little describtion of the people they are looking for, Logan can easily spot a table were four of them are setting with a woman different from the wizard Mirabella mentioned, this fourth woman has the be the contact that asked the Ravens to help her here in the Tooth and Nail..


HP 36/36, AC 18/13/16, CMD 14, F +5, R +8, W +7 (+3 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic, +2 vs. fear, Init +2, Perc. +5 Halfling Bard (Argent Voice) 4

When Logan points the group out to Mirabella, the pair of them carefully make their way to the table.

Still looking like a human teenage girl, she gives a slight curtsey then twists her wrist, allowing the silver figurine to drop into her hand. Making sure to keep it out of sight of the other bar patrons, she holds the miniature raven visible to the gathering at the table.

"Excuse me, I believe this belongs to you. A common friend asked us to deliver it to you and to offer our help in that delicate problem you're working to solve," she says in a muted voice.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack looks from the figurine to the face of the girl presenting it, and from there up to the face of her companion. Turning his own face back into the shadows as much as possible, he comments, "My, this is becoming quite a large gathering," before standing and fetching a couple of additional chairs from an unoccupied table nearby.

GM Only:

Knowledge (nobility) Check (FE; Logan): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 2 = 31

Checking to see if Jack recognizes Logan as a fellow Kintargan noble and to see what he recalls about the fellow. I suppose I ought to roll a Sense Motive check to try to determine if Logan recognizes him as well; hell, may as well roll a Disguise check while I'm at it.

Sense Motive Check (FE): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25

Disguise Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Jack:

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
You easily see through the disguise and notice member of one of the noble families in Kintargo. You don't seem to have met him before, but he looks like he could be in relation with House Tanneson.
Since Logan doesn't try to recognise you I can't tell you wether or not he does. I'll save you rolls in case he tries.


M Human | Resource Tracker | Hexcrafter 4 | HP 38 / 38 | AC 15; 11tch 14ff | +7 fort +3 ref +5 will | +1 init | Climb +6 Diplomacy +3 Intimidate +12 Kn: Arcarna +12* Kn:Dungeon +12* Kn: History +9* Kn:Nobles + 13* Kn:Planes +12* Linguistics +7 Spellcraft +10 Swim +6

Earlier
Logan marvelled at the changes wrought by Mirabella's handiwork, "Something tells me you've done this before, the change is quite remarkable! A most useful talent."

Inside the Tooth and Nail

The brown haired man in the shadows wrote:
"My, this is becoming quite a large gathering,"

Kn:Nobles: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

"Indeed." replied Logan before sitting down in the offered chair. Something about the man in the shadows seemed vaguely familiar but he wasn't able to put his finger on it. This situation was making him rather nervous, were these people really associated with the Silver Ravens? It wasn't the kind of question you just asked, he'd have to wait and see. Of course if they where he'd need their help, or he'd be doing the hanged man's dance before the week was out.

"Of course sometimes you need all the help you can get..." he added without being entirely sure who needed the help more, himself or them. Considering the trouble he was in, if they needed help more he wondered what in Desna's name he was doing. Inwardly he smiled, number seven red dealer, all in!


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

Lena was busy thinking about just how to get the information they needed to make a successful raid. Chanacha is right we do need uniforms. Where in Milani's name are they going to find those? We also have to get the papers, and we're missing Meli. She was very good a plans. How in the world are we going to get all this done? She's just about to ask Mic if she has a piece of paper and a quill when a gnome just walks up to the table, and introduces himself.

She tenses and looks confused as to why he's explaining his patient and the bartender, and then a couple of teenaged humans walk up and present them with a Silver Raven miniature. Milani have you sent more help or is this a trap?

The blond human woman looks over the three newcomers, and waves at them to take a seat after Jack fetches them. "Well hello everyone. What brings you to us? What makes you think we are in need of three little birds assistance? We're just visiting with a friend, enjoying a nice morning meal, and making plans for a shopping tour of the city. I don't suppose you know a good tailor or document expert do you?"


HP 36/36, AC 18/13/16, CMD 14, F +5, R +8, W +7 (+3 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic, +2 vs. fear, Init +2, Perc. +5 Halfling Bard (Argent Voice) 4

Taking a seat, Mirabella makes sure none of the other bar patrons are watching. Then she removes her cap, triggering a subtle but remarkable transformation. She seems to shrink in stature, and her thick auburn hair takes on a more lustrous shine. Her facial features shift from those of the human adolescent to a more fully grown halfling female.

At about the same time, the magic that disguises Logan wears off, reverting him back to his own self.

"Apologies for the minor deception. We have just enjoyed a nice cup of coffee ourselves...you know, the kind only a halfling can brew properly. Our host was kind enough to direct us here, as she believed you might appreciate a bit more company in your activities around the city. Now, I'm no seamstress or tailor, but I do have extensive experience with costumes and makeup, and I have dabbled a bit in the linguistic craft."


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

Bicks is happy to see they group is cautious. He studies them as they talk.

"I am quite sorry for intruding. So let me answer you sicinctly. What brings me to you is extensive research and visions from The Great Dreamer. I think more birds make for a better flock if each bird bring a special talent. I for one know that you are looking for clothing but you are nervous about sharing the purpose of said clothing, which shows you are much wiser than most. Tailor...barrister...mmmm...I'm not aware of any that can meet your needs but I'm sure if I asked around I could find one but I would need a few hours."

Inspired Empathy Sense Motive : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d6 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 6 26 Total

Looking at Mirabella, "I have several local coffee beans. Should I still be around tomorrow morning I will see if I can make a replacement for the Halfling brew you enjoy so much."

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Logan and Jack:
Logan you think the man in the shadow might look like someone from one of the Kintargan noblehouses, but you can't quite pinpoint which house you see a familiar resemblence to in the current situation. Perhaps something to remember or pursue later as you get the impression it's not a common knowledge of the group."

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,341 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / How to paint a Raven Silver - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.