How to paint a Raven Silver (Hell's Rebels)

Game Master Jesper Roland Sørensen

Gameplay map

Rebellion sheet


1,951 to 2,000 of 2,349 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

"Cool beard!"

She piped up tilting her head slightly... then turning and giving Jack a strange look... almost like she was sizing up what he would look like with that very same beard.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Setrona shakes her head at Lena, not entirely sure what she is implying.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"Thank you."

So I'm clear the jutting flames are in the way of entering the shrine?

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

No they are braziers on each side of the entrance.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

Lena looks back at the others and enters the shrine to pray. She kneels, and is quiet for a few minutes. "It's nice to be out of Kintargo. Do you travel there often?" she asks the other worshipers quietly.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack gladly lets Lena take the lead along with Setrona at the shrine, as his love and knowledge of gods and their religions is...spotty at best. When he sees Canacha looking at him strangely, he shakes his head as if to declare he won't be growing such a bushy beard any time soon.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Lena there are only the two keepers of the shrine here for future reference.

The keepers looks a little strange at Lena, but entertain her question. The woman reaponds. "We never set foot inside the walls. We live here to take care of the drowned." the man nods in agreement.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"Of course if you are the caretakers you must stay here. Do you have many who worship here? I hadn't heard about it until a friend mentioned this place."

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

For less the a second the man raises his eyebrow at Lena's remark than answers her. "We do on occasion get people coming by to honor a friend or family member lost at sea. We honor those who honor the watery dead and give them space when they are here. Have you lost someone to the sea child?"


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

did Setrona ever mention what her cousin looked like... as in appearance wise?

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

No she didn't and you never asked her so I brought her along to identify him if and when you find him.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"I'm afraid not. We lost someone to a tyrant, and hoped we'd find information here. I am a priest of Milani myself so I worship the Rose." she responds to the man at the shrine. She gives Setrona another glance and a raised eyebrow in question.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Going to need a diplomacy roll now, since you have not talked openly about who you search for, you better roll high.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

She frowned she knew she should have paid more attention and asked better questions. She had been about to open her mouth and say she had lost a cousin recently to the uh sea and then describe Setrona's cousin... but she realized she didnt know what he even looked like. She sighed and pulled our her abacus, doing mental calculations about how bad this was liable to go

knowledge local to see if she somehow knows what the cousin looks like from well the city: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Her eyes widened and she giggled putting it back.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"We are looking for someone in particular. My friends cousin over there. He is a member of one of the hell knight order's and he has gone missing. We think he can help us reduce the madness in the city so its super important we find him."

She began skipping forward to the priests....

"Cool beard by the way."


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

Lena stands tall and waits to see what the priests have to say to Canacha's response.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

The man lights up at Canacha's appraisal of his beard and he starts stoking it for a moment seemingly lost in thought, untill the woman jabs a elbow into his ribs and he seems to return to reallity. "Ah yes I can see the fimiliarity now that you mention it. Octavius has indeed been granted asylum here in the shrine. He has cast his breath upon the Stone many times, long a friend to our shrine. We honor those who honor the watery dead."

They both step over to the altar and takes hold of a rather obvius handle, if you had studied the altar closer, and pulls it back revealing a staircase down. "Be warned. To be able to speak to a friend of the shrine you must pass the challenges below or you'll be left down there." the both say rather cryptic


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

She removed her hat and frowned scratching the top of her hat trying to puzzle out the priests words.

"So there is some sort of guardian down there? Or is it riddles?"

She replaced her hat and drew out her pistol checking its load to make sure everything was still fine.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"Thank you we'll be careful. Is there anything you don't want destroyed? Our team is, unfortunately, very good at breaking things to pass trials." Lena asks the other priest.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

"Unless you plan to destroy the walls and ceiling nothing of worth is down there, but alot of the recently drowned." they answer.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"Thank you. We'll do our best to avoid damaging anything structural." she waves to the others to join her at the stairs.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

"wait. Recently drowned? Like zombies and stuff?"

She began with a frown. So much for shooting things.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

The man seems insulted by Canacha's suggestion and doesn't quite hold hide the anger and hurt in his voice. "Ofcourse not! We collect those drowned at sea to send them off to Pharasma's scale. We are not some necromancer cult." the man retorts as his voice slowly gets lower and lower untill he just mumbers under his breath, that the woman could insult him like that. Clearly he took it a bit personal that Canacha could even suggest they kept zombies in the shrine.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Seeing one of the keepers grow offended at Canacha's words, Jack steps forward and guides the dhampir away from any potential confrontation.

"No smiling or snarling at him to show off your fangs," he says, barely containing a growing smirk.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

"Jeez I was just asking Jack.. he said guardians and then mentioned collecting the drowned what else was I supposed to think."

She pouted crossing her arms across her chest. Had there been a rock around she would have kicked it.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"I'll go first. Jack or Mic do you want to follow next in line?" Lena climbs down the ladder first.


Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

Mic smiles at the turn the conversation took when zombies came up.

"I'm with you Lena, lets go."

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

The ceiling of this damp chamber is seven feet high, bolstered by square supports of rough-hewn wood. A shallow pool of water lies in the northwest corner of the room, where a rusty iron ladder descends from a hole in the ceiling above. An iron gate blocks access into a corridor to the east. Piles of sail canvas and jumbled coils of rope litter the stony floor, and the walls, floor, and ceiling have been carved to look like wood. Brown paint clings in patches, and it’s easy to see how the room may have once looked very much like the hold of a ship. To the west stands a statue carved from driftwood depicting a woman dressed in robes, holding the body of a drowned sailor in her arms.

As soon as Lena steps away from the ladder to make space for the rest of the party a voice sounds from the statue right next to her. “Those who would visit the drowned departed must bring to these lips the gift of lung’s bounty, lest my guardian stand before your approach.”


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

From the top of the ladder, Jack calls down, "Who's voice is that? Is someone down there with you?"

Jack will be the third person down the ladder.


Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

"Lung's Boounty? You need breath? All of it or just a bit I wonder?"


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

How deep is it down the ladder?

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

The ladder is about 10-15 feet by your jugdement.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

Now impatient... and certainly miffed that the beardguy was upset that she was worried about zombies.... since his clue made it seem like there were zombies, she stood at the top of the ladder impatiently tapping her foot waiting for Jack to climb down so she could get there.... after all riddles were better than smelly man beards anywho


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack scoots down the ladder fast enough that the impatient Canacha can't step on his fingers as she descends after him.

Once there, he looks at the statues and then at Mic. "My guess is one of us has to breathe into the mouth of the sailor statue--the act of resuscitating a drowned man, the breath of life if you will."

Jack pauses a few seconds before adding, "So...does one of you ladies want to give the drowned sailor a kiss or do you want to embarrass me and make me do it?"


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

"Did Jack just say he was kissing someone? Hot."

She called down as she scampered down the ladder after everyone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

Mic chuckles. "Well I was going to but your idea has merit and my lips have not touched a male in a long time, even a stature of one. Still.."

She moves to breath deeply into the stature.

Since i am sure this thing is going to try and suck the life out of me.
Whatever save I need against this thing trying to kill me :): 1d20 ⇒ 15

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Micheria casts her breath on the drowning sailor, and after a sort time she hears the gate at the other end of the room opening revealing a hallway further into the shrine.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

"Boys don't know what they are missing i see!"

She chirped trying not to giggle. She did pause for a long moment staring at the statue then after Mic to make sure nothing weird happened.

"Do we all have to make out with the statue I wonder or just one of us?"

She asked with a shrug, after a moment she skipped over to the statue and imitated Micheria just in case it was an everyperson sort of thing.

perform kiss of life: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
dice roll incase a save is needed like Mic: 1d20 ⇒ 12

"Thank you mister statue sir for letting us in."

She said after she finished patting it on its cheek before hustling after her friend with the mighty fists.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

At the sound of the gate opening Mic gives the stature a light slap on the cheek.

"There you go mister naughty." turning to the others "Lets go before it comes to life and tries to get more from me."

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

This seven-foot-high vault contains over three dozen humanshaped bundles of sailcloth, each wrapped tightly, sewn shut with heavy thread, and laid respectfully side by side on the cold stone floor. A shallow pool of water lies in the southeast corner, while in the northeast corner of the room someone has set up a camp.

A hellknight walks around in this room clearly brooding over something. At first it doens't seem like he has noticed you but he tiredly makes his presence known with a gruff baritone comment "These shrouded bodies are those of drowned sailors with no living relations, given a place of honor down here by the grace of Saint Senex." he pauses for a moment, then turns to face you all with open arms and says "Those who seek Octavio Sabinus have found him. His safe capture, however, is no certain thing." He adopts an aggressive stance clearly ready to fight you, but as his is seizing you up and his eyes falls upon Setrona he relaxes and lowers his halberd again and he has a look of resignation in his eyes.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack gives the Hellknight a slight, hopefully respectful nod of his head but allows Setrona the opportunity to introduce the party to her cousin.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"Hello. We are not going to take you back to Thrune. We'd like to help you and your order stay out of his wonderful hospitality if at all possible. I'm Lena Silas, and we're the current Silver Ravens. We'd like to free Kintargo from the Lord Mayor's grasp and return it to the rightful leadership." she bows.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

"Hmpf. Silver Ravens. You know your kind is the whole reason my order was founded right? You predecessor made us a necessity when they decided to kidnap a innocent boy of the lord mayor during the civil war, all for them to try and win a loosing war and the very fact they resorted to such tactics is what turned people into Thrune's hands for so many years. How do I know you are just some ruffians looking for a fight for the sake of the fight itself and not any course?" Octavio responds to Lena's introduction.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

diplomancy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"Oh man that terrible to be equated to a ruthless bloodthirsty group that more often than not causes problems. It must be terrible to be constantly compaired to say the order of the nail or anything ooh or the order of the Pyre, they are really nice right, burning legitimate religious folk at stakes for being terrible blashphemers.

We are here to help you, to find your order and their friends and to help against the madman currently in charge. Or stay hidden in this little shrine. We've been helping the people since the lord mayor's occupation. If you want to quibble over an easily recognized symbol thats fine. We have people to help...not time to hide in old musty shrines awaiting discovery.

Sorry Setrona, we found your cousin at least right, and he's safe. I dont think he or his folk are the right folk to ask help save the city anyhow. I knew we should have tried those poor folk being tortured by the dogs."

She huffed and spun around heading back for the ladder.

Sorry all, i went over how to respond several times in my mind and the only one that felt right for Canacha was to be offended a little. Being chastised for trying to help folk would never sit well with her. After all we are already risking our necks. No need to call us names too :P


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack raises an eyebrow at Canacha's...tirade? He considers reaching out to halt her departure but opts against it. Turning to Octavio, he shrugs and says, "Perhaps the offense my comrade took at your words might start to convince you that we're more than mere ruffians. Look--none of us here was alive when the events you mentioned took place, but I don't buy for one second that the old Silver Ravens' kidnapping of a Thrune-appointed lord-mayor turned the whole city to accept House Thrune. Yeah, taking the lord mayor's son was an act of desperation and likely misguided, but was it really so unthinkable that the populace thought 'Gosh, maybe those civil-war-loving, devil worshipping and -summoning Thrunies are sweethearts by comparison'? Maybe the old Silver Ravens' action caused folks to stop believing in them to a degree, but not to the point of driving them to embrace the rule of Thrune."

Jack lets out a sharp breath of aggravation. "Like I said, though, those things happened before we were born and were carried out by others. We need to focus on the here-and-now, not old unpleasant history. Barzillai Thrune is our current reality, and he's either a madman or a tyrant genius; in either case, he seems intent upon destroying our fair city. Do you not agree? If we don't stand together he'll pick off his opposition one-by-one."

Jack's got a +10 modifier on Diplomacy checks, so he'd automatically make an Aid Another check, bumping up Canacha's check to 20.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

The Lictor's eyes soften a little bit and he smiles like he was testing you mettle. "You are certainly hopeful idealists, but in my experience, passionate revolutionaries lack discipline. Like my cousin, you have good hearts, but it takes more than heart to stand up for what’s right. If I’m to throw in with the Silver Ravens, I need two things. First, I need to know that my surviving armigers are safe. Second, I need to know that the Silver Ravens are more than thugs who seek to fight in the streets—I need to know you can exercise subtlety and work at least partially within the bounds of the law to solve problems when such an option exists. As it so happens, this is a perfect chance for you to accomplish both goals." He says waiting for you to reply if you want to help him and gain his support.


Status: None none | NOTES F Brawler 4 | HP 49/49 | AC:21 T:14 F:17 | Init +4 | Per +6 | Fort:+5 Ref:+6 Will:+1 | CMB: +8 | CMD: 22 | +6/+6 Flurry 1d8+3 | +8 Unarmed 1d8+3x2 | +7 Cold Iron Gauntlet 1d4+3x2 3/4 Martial Flexibility LOOT SHEET

Mic nods. "I have been thought a thug before, running a security company and fighting with fists gives people that thought. In time they worked it out as will you. We can do these things I am certain."


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

"I'm not so sure of that," Jack tells Mic with a grimace. Turning to Octavio, he adds, "We already know that at least one of your armigers is NOT safe; in fact, he's being doghoused publicly in Veritas Plaza." Jack takes a moment to describe the form of excruciation in case the Hellknight lictor hasn't heard of or witnessed it yet. "So...the only way I can think to rescue that fellow would be a public fight, in the streets, to rescue him--one of the things you forbid us to do in order to win your trust. Perhaps we could use some sort of distraction to lessen the amount of violence we'll need to free your man, but I'm afraid a certain amount may well be inevitable."

Jack then raises an eyebrow and adds, "Your order specialized in rescuing captives. Perhaps you could help create and execute a rescue plan that you'd deem acceptable toward our gaining your trust."

Not sure if that requires another Diplomacy check, but I'll roll one just in case.

Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

[b]"I suspect they may just have put up a show, had someone looking like one of my armigers or just a simple illusion to lure me out. My order specialize in locating those who are lost, and I have been using my spell and network to keep an eye on my four surviving armigers. They are all currently being held in the Holding House in Old Kintargo. Thrune won't hold them there for much longer, he has tried to draw me out, and since I'm still here he is probably going to take them to the Church of Asmodeus for something sinister. I urge you to act fast, but also use sublety and tact."[b/] he says reacting to Jacks explanation of the excruciation.


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

"Hmm...your cousin identified the doghoused captive as one of your armigers. If it's a trick, it's a damned good one. If the fellow's an illusion, then there's likely an enemy spellcaster in the plaza--an extra layer of security we never knew about."

Jack falls silent as he thinks.

"Perhaps a raid on the Holding House is in order. If we find four armigers there, we'll know the one in the doghouse is a fake. We'll need a solid plan, though, and some serious reconnaissance."


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

"Jeez whats taking so long."

She muttered staring at the two creeper priests up at the top. That beard didnt look as cool anymore now that she was annoyed. She thought about sticking her head back down the hole but realized that would be quite the site so instead she made her way to the ladder and adjusted her gloves, sliding down it like it was some sort of escape pole.

"So do you guys want to hear my idea for a bomb thrower to cause a ruckus and distractions or are we still listening to this guy insult us and call us names while hiding in an bog?"

She called from the hallway. She didnt want to kiss the statue again.. it was stupid too.

1,951 to 2,000 of 2,349 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / How to paint a Raven Silver - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.