How to paint a Raven Silver (Hell's Rebels)

Game Master Jesper Roland Sørensen

Gameplay map

Rebellion sheet


2,301 to 2,344 of 2,344 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

"Let us take our leave and make a plan."


M Human | Resource Tracker | Hexcrafter 4 | HP 38 / 38 | AC 15; 11tch 14ff | +7 fort +3 ref +5 will | +1 init | Climb +6 Diplomacy +3 Intimidate +12 Kn: Arcarna +12* Kn:Dungeon +12* Kn: History +9* Kn:Nobles + 13* Kn:Planes +12* Linguistics +7 Spellcraft +10 Swim +6

Logan nodded, saying to the Captain, "We'll be in contact in due course, hopefully with good news."

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Elia stops you from going out yet, and you hear the captain. "Perhaps you need the message itself before you leave young masters." He says walking over to hand you a fine parchment envelope with a plain black wax seal and a scrap of paper containing a few notes about the Aulorian estate.


HP 36/36, AC 18/13/16, CMD 14, F +5, R +8, W +7 (+3 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic, +2 vs. fear, Init +2, Perc. +5 Halfling Bard (Argent Voice) 4

"Right so. I'm sure we'll have a reply for you in a day or two." Mirabella adds, leaving it to one of the others to snatch the message.

As the group disembarks and heads back through the deserted streets, she remarks. "Same approach as before, I suppose? First a litte intelligence gathering and observation, then we come up with a plan to infiltrate."


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

"That sounds like a fine plan. Who is coming and going, what type of security, potential alternate entrance and exits. A nice sewer entrance would be nice."

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

It's quite close to curfew, you can make it back to the tooth and nail without any trouble, but if you want to go and check on the mansion now you will be there just after curfew is in effect. It's mostly up to you how you want to try and deliver the message and what method you will use.


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

"Let's go back and make a plan."

Back at home base.

"Do we want to try delivering tonight or gather intel tonight or tomorrow?"


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

"Might be best to check out the lay of the land tomorrow and then risk curfew tomorrow night," Jack chimes in.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"Let's wait until tomorrow and go by the area. I think the message can wait for one more day." Lena suggests.


HP 36/36, AC 18/13/16, CMD 14, F +5, R +8, W +7 (+3 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic, +2 vs. fear, Init +2, Perc. +5 Halfling Bard (Argent Voice) 4

Indeed. And while we're gathering intelligence, we may as well try to learn a bit more about the esteemed captain. We don't want to get used as unwitting pawns in some power struggle.


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

"Well we are in Chelliax, of course there is a struggle and pawns and stuff. The Captain seems like an up and up type. That sucks we could have used a ship like that for smuggling stuff or something, or getting wanted people like those poets out."

Her mind was only half on the conversation. Man that ladies gun was cool. Why had she not ever thought of something like that? She really needed to up her game. What was she gonna wear? Should they get like cool guy capes or masks or something? Decisions. decisions.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

If any of you would like to make a plan for casing the estate, the notes you got from the captain, tells you of a back entrance with a locked gate that leads to a minor street, which the servents and delivery can use to gain access to the grounds. Bordering the garden is a 4-5 feet high wall to ward of from outside onlookers.


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

"Does anyone have lock picking skills? Baring that does anyone have pick pocketing skills?"

Bicks thinks a little more.

"If we could get eyes on the target we could use message to get them to open a window. Does anyone have a familiar that could pop up and drop off the letter?"


HP 36/36, AC 18/13/16, CMD 14, F +5, R +8, W +7 (+3 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic, +2 vs. fear, Init +2, Perc. +5 Halfling Bard (Argent Voice) 4

”I can’t pick locks or pockets, but I do have several ways to manipulate people using magic. I could probably “persuade” a servant to let us in without too much difficulty.”


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

"I can pick locks if needed," Jack comments quietly. "And my nifty cloak helps me sneak around pretty good, too."


Female Dhampir Gunslinger/alchemist (Mysterious Stranger) hp 25 /25 AC17 T16 FF13 F:+ 5:R+9: W+1

"Jacks the best lockpicker I know.. i mean as long as I dont count myself. He's pretty good at a lot of things reall."

She began nodding. She covered her mouth sort of from Jacks view and added.

"Except fighting... he's pretty bad at that but dont tell him he tries so hard"

She said with a giggle that made it clear she was aware he could hear her surely.


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

"I'm an herbalist turned rebble I don't have a leg to stand on. So it looks like we have the skills so why don't we rest meet the the morning scout the build regroup here and finalize the plan."


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

"Hey--I've been practicing at two-weapon combat lately, so maybe I've improved!" Jack growls at Canacha. Switching to a grin, he admits, "More likely that style will make me twice as bad."


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

"Don't worry I will make you look amazing."


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack smiles at Bicks. "I was going to say it'd take a minor miracle to make me appear good in combat, but...after your performance with the creepy torture lady in the Holding House, you just might be able to pull it off!"


M Human | Resource Tracker | Hexcrafter 4 | HP 38 / 38 | AC 15; 11tch 14ff | +7 fort +3 ref +5 will | +1 init | Climb +6 Diplomacy +3 Intimidate +12 Kn: Arcarna +12* Kn:Dungeon +12* Kn: History +9* Kn:Nobles + 13* Kn:Planes +12* Linguistics +7 Spellcraft +10 Swim +6

"Delivery by familiar... Not a bad idea Bicks, too bad I don't have one. Does anyone else have one?" replied Logan before glancing around, "I fear we may have to do this in person however. Might be easier said than done unfortunately. Still there are many ways of passing on a message, for example a waiter in his favourite restaurant could easily pass a note. Of course setting that up will be tricky."

When the conversation turned to combat Logan suppressed a sigh and remarked, "I really hope combat won't be necessary in this task. Feels like we'd have done something wrong otherwise."


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

"If I am correct Mirabella could cast a spell called animal messenger but we would need to track down a scroll I assume. But, yes in person seem more likely so scouting will be needed."

To logan, "Wrong like consort against a tyrant after meeting with a pirate he is mad at?"

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Perhaps a little silver birdie could deliver the message? Since you seem to like that idea I thought I'd drop a hint for you.


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

So we rest the night and headout to check out the house in the morning.

Bicks will change his clothing to plane Brown pants clothing with a hood.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

As you spend the evening in the Tooth and Nail getting food and drinks you'll notice a woman walking around the tavern with a basked of treats she hands out to people, she seems real populare with the other regulars. She is a young, frail-looking, dark-haired woman in a simple dress, soft leather gloves on her hands, and a fancy rectangular talisman hung about her neck. You catch her more than once glance over towards your table, when she does you'll see that she also has a patch over one eye.


HP 36/36, AC 18/13/16, CMD 14, F +5, R +8, W +7 (+3 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic, +2 vs. fear, Init +2, Perc. +5 Halfling Bard (Argent Voice) 4

Intrigued by the one-eye woman and her apparent interest in the group, Mirabella discretly ask Sertrona if she knows her.


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

Bicks is going to watch for any suspicious activity passing of notes, whispers everything etc.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

"We could send the raven to him. Hopefully his window will be open or he'll be in the garden this evening."

She takes notices of the woman, and tries to identify the triangle symbol around her neck. "Lot's of people interested in us these days."

Know Religion?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 10 + (5) = 33

Sense Motive : 1d20 ⇒ 121d20 ⇒ 71d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 6 25 total

Rolls for observing her.


M Human | Resource Tracker | Hexcrafter 4 | HP 38 / 38 | AC 15; 11tch 14ff | +7 fort +3 ref +5 will | +1 init | Climb +6 Diplomacy +3 Intimidate +12 Kn: Arcarna +12* Kn:Dungeon +12* Kn: History +9* Kn:Nobles + 13* Kn:Planes +12* Linguistics +7 Spellcraft +10 Swim +6

"Indeed." replied Logan dryly to Lena, before adding sotto voce, "She seems to be well known, perhaps we should ask the bar staff who she is?"

GM would any of Logan's skills identify her or her talisman? Feels Kn: Local or On: Religion which he doesn't have (yet).

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Setrona looks in the direction Mirabella is hint and answers her "That's Luculla Gens, she owns a small confectioner’s shop called “Sweet Tooth” that shares a roof with this tavern so she is our neighbor. She useal come around the the sweets she has made that would otherwise be thrown out when she closes her shop. If you can you should try and get a sample of her candied blackberry tarts they are amazing."

The talisman doesn't seem to belong to any religion Lena knows about, perhaps it's just a artful necklace she has picked up.

Bicks notices that the woman seems to glance mostly towards Logan's seat, in his best observation she seems interrested in him.

@Logan It would be religion if it was religious and local or historie if it's an object of local or historical design.


Female human Warpriest of Milani 4 Init +1; Senses Perception +5 AC 20, T 11, FF 19 hp 32/32 Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Blessings 0/5, Fervor 0/5

Lena decides to go and see what the woman has for pastries. She stands and approaches the woman.

"Hello Setrona tells me that you make the most blackberry tarts. Do you have any left?" she gives the woman a smile, and sees what happens next.


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

"She is looking at you Logan."

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

The woman gives Lena a smile "Why you are in luck my dear, I got a few of them left. Depending on how much of a sweet tooth you got these are fit for a single or couple to eat." she says before leaning closer to Lena and adding in a whisper "Between you and I they are so good most people don't like to share them with anyone." She shows you her basked of sweets where she still got three Candied blackberry tarts, some cinnamon rolls, a handful of green hard candy (which could possible be mint) and a loaf with mixed nuts and dried fruits in it.


M Human | Resource Tracker | Hexcrafter 4 | HP 38 / 38 | AC 15; 11tch 14ff | +7 fort +3 ref +5 will | +1 init | Climb +6 Diplomacy +3 Intimidate +12 Kn: Arcarna +12* Kn:Dungeon +12* Kn: History +9* Kn:Nobles + 13* Kn:Planes +12* Linguistics +7 Spellcraft +10 Swim +6

Sorry for the slow response.
Logan glanced at Bicks and back at the woman before replying softly, "Let's go see what she wants..."

Following Lena, Logan walks over to the confectioner. He peers into the basket, nodding as if he liked what he saw before saying, "These look delicious, did you make them?"

In truth he was somewhat interested but he mostly wanted to get a better look at her necklace.
Kn: History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Logan there is nothing really about the talisman, it's just a pretty piece of jewelry without being anyhting fancy.

"Why yes sugar, I make these sweets myself." She answers showing off the content of her basket. She starts blushing when she notices Logan staring at her neck/chest area and gets a little closer "If you like to see some of my other sweets I can show you what I can do in my shop." she says brushing a lock of hair behind her shoulder.


AC:20 T:12 F:19| HP 29/29 | CMD:11 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 | Init:+1 | Perc: 10 |

Bicks gives Logan a little distance while watching the woman assuming that others know who they are, he remains suspicious.


M Human | Resource Tracker | Hexcrafter 4 | HP 38 / 38 | AC 15; 11tch 14ff | +7 fort +3 ref +5 will | +1 init | Climb +6 Diplomacy +3 Intimidate +12 Kn: Arcarna +12* Kn:Dungeon +12* Kn: History +9* Kn:Nobles + 13* Kn:Planes +12* Linguistics +7 Spellcraft +10 Swim +6

Assuming Mirabella hasn't had a chance to share her name yet.

Logan felt a slight flush, 'My goodness she's hitting on me! Well maybe she thought I was hitting on her. Mmm seems awful easy though...' He smiled, "Well that's awfully sweet of you, erm Miss... Sorry I don't think I caught your name? I'm Logan by the way." His eyes flicked to her basket and he asked softly, "Tell me what are those, they look interesting?" He points to the green candy.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

The woman smiled back at Logan "Name's Luculla, I own the small confectioner’s shop next door, so it's not a far walk from here." she says softly continuing her line of talking. At Logan's question about the green candies she answers "Why these are my little minty hard candies, they are a dwindling product with the ban, but I managed to hid my latest batch from the dottari, when they came to confiscate any items containing mint."


HP 36/36, AC 18/13/16, CMD 14, F +5, R +8, W +7 (+3 bonus vs. mind-affecting effects); +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic, +2 vs. fear, Init +2, Perc. +5 Halfling Bard (Argent Voice) 4

Luculla's friendly interaction with the group and Setrona's description makes Mirabella relax a bit. Still, a nagging distrust she can't quite place makes her keep her guard up a bit longer.

On a hunch, she decides to check if there is more to Luculla's talisman than meets the eye.

Mirabella finds a quiet place to cast detect magic, then spends a few minutes observing Luculla.

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

Mirabella detects no magical auras from Luculla


Male Human Urban Ranger 4 | hp 32/39 NL [0] | AC 19, t 13, ff 16 | Fort +5, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +5 (+3 outside Kintargo) | Perc +12 (10 outside Kintargo) | Speed 20 ft. | FE humans +2

Jack makes small talk with the others to give Logan time to chat up the pretty goth pirate. ;)

Liberty's Edge

Gameplay map

The regulars Jack are talking with a discussion dragons and he learns this little infomation "A friend of my cousin swears she saw a blue dragon flying in circles above the Cathedral of Asmodeus last night while the bells rang. No one else saw it, but I still believe her! Maybe Rizovair didn’t get killed during the civil war after all?


M Human | Resource Tracker | Hexcrafter 4 | HP 38 / 38 | AC 15; 11tch 14ff | +7 fort +3 ref +5 will | +1 init | Climb +6 Diplomacy +3 Intimidate +12 Kn: Arcarna +12* Kn:Dungeon +12* Kn: History +9* Kn:Nobles + 13* Kn:Planes +12* Linguistics +7 Spellcraft +10 Swim +6

While she did seem interesting, Logan was in no hurry. Ignoring talk of heading over to her shop, he smiled "How very daring! I always liked mints as a child although I had tended get ones that where white and with a soft centre. What will you do when your supply runs out?" The last was said almost mournfully.

2,301 to 2,344 of 2,344 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / How to paint a Raven Silver - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.