Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


3,451 to 3,500 of 4,102 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"We don't know how much water is behind the door," Silas says, looking over the rusted portal. "And if it's more than just a pit-full then we're just making it harder on ourselves." He looks back at Pontia. "But magic to make me stronger would help. Thank you, Miss Canario."

Once everyone that isn't assisting moves back a safe distance, Silas stretches out his arms and flexes them a little. The leather straps on his bracers creak just a little as the muscles tighten. "Ok, here we go," he says, planting his feet against the stone stairs and placing his hands carefully against the rusted iron.

He takes a few deep breaths and then pushes.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Before she casts the spell, Pontia removes a large book from her shoulder bag and studies it intently for a couple of minutes.

Pontia has several open spell slots, to give her some flexibility during the adventuring day.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Before Silas begins pushing:

Niculaie checks that the rope is tight around his own waist, then confirms everyone else is tied together as well.

Once he is confident everyone else is secure, he slides his lute into his handy haversack to protect it from the water and closes the magical bag securely. When Silas is ready to begin, Niculaie lifts his bow over his head to protect it from the potential deluge.

”I am ready when you are, Mr. Womarsh.”


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Could you create a hole in the wall so the water could escape?


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

It sounds like you can do this without the pit, but I love the variety of solutions you all came up with!

Between some magical enhancements, a bit of engineering, and some brute force coordination, you manage to force the door open. Water pours out, but not with enough force to give you any issues. However, the hall beyond is flooded to a depth of about 3 feet (meaning it will be difficult terrain).

A stairwell across from you has been collapsed and some 20 feet of broken rock now blocks the stairwell. The flooded catwalk leads both east or west.

Now would be a good time to establish new marching order and any standard operating procedures you would like to implement.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

The area directly across that says "up" - that's the blocked staircase?

I'm not sure what your previous marching order was, but Niculaie would be happy at or near the back, at least until we see how he works out in combat.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Tying the rope around her waist, Tara grasp the rope tight enough to cause her fingers to turn white. "I think I am as ready as we can be for this?" she stutters out, terrified of the scare from earlier. At the mention of the door opening, Tara taps Silas's shoulder, granting him guidance from Pharasma.

Tara is typically in the second line if 2x3, or 3rd if single file, behind Vivian, who is behind Silas.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas slowly begins descending down into the water, drawing his sword as he goes. "Mind your footing," he calls back to the others. "You never know when you'll find more stairs or something worse."

The large man indicates to the right east. "Miss Deberth, if you would be so kind to keep an eye peeled for any booby traps." The stone moving about his head casts odd shadows as he moves down the flooded tunnel.

"Damn, that's cold," he mutters to himself.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

You surely mean "bobby traps", Mr Silas?

says the Redhead with a wicked grin, pressing her cleavage on the muscled man's torso

She gets on the tip of her feet and whisper to his ear

Silas:
You're right, it's damn cold.. I can feel it to the tip of my… but surely you've already noticed it.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
add +2 for traps


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas sputters a none-response as he fixes his eyes forward. In spite of the cold, several shades of red are visible on the large man's face in the magical light.

Now you're just being cruel. ;)


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie steps off the stairs into the water, gasping at the sudden cold. He listens to Vivian bantering with Silas for a moment, then whispers to Pontia,

"I know we have only just met our new companions, but I begin to suspect that Ms. Deberth has sharper fa... teeth than I do."


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia nods sagely, one corner of her mouth twitching up. Wading through the chilly waters, she taps ahead with her quarterstaff to make sure she doesn't step in a hole.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

@Nic - yes, that is the blocked stairway.

Heading to the right (specific overrules SOP), you start to get a feel for the layout in here.

Made up of four interconnected towers, this building stands 200 feet above the falls. It appears that Caromarc designed this private zoo to contain and study living creatures, and built iron catwalks above the containment chambers to view his specimens in safety.

Unfortunately, Vivian misses the existence of a trap in the corner, and Silas and Vivian drop into the water. DC 10 swim check to stay afloat.

Below them, the water becomes turbulent as something heads toward them!


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas seems just about to respond to Vivan's suggestive comment when the the floor drops out from underneath them. Weighted down by his armor, the large man vanishes from sight along with the glowing ioun stone.

Swim: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

So he's got 32 rounds under water or 16 if he engages in standard actions.

He feels the shape moving through the water and, ignoring his bodies demand for air, readies his weapon.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Initiative:

Niculaie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Pontia: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Silas: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Sophie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Tara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Vivian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Undead guards: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Pontia
Silas (27 dmg)

Undead guards: Red, Green, Blue, Orange - they are all below you.
Tara (13 dmg)
Vivian (4 dmg)
Sophie (5 dmg)
Niculaie


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

In the case of underwater combat, Silas should be -2 on attack rolls and 1/2 damage for his longsword.

And for the current damage totals, Silas should only be down 1 point.

Feeling the movement below him, Silas strikes out with his sword at the partially visible figure.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 2 = 22
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 7 points

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 10 points

15 rounds of air left


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

As soon as she can, Pontia begins to cast a spell, intoning words that seem to echo into a vast distance.


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

Sophie spent some non-trivial spell slots on healing Silas most of the way up earlier


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Swim, Arm Pen: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 5 - 4 = 6

As they splash into the cold water

Maybe I should keep my mouth shut and my eyes opened more often..Sorry "bout that, Silas!

And maybe a lighter armor should be a good idea too! you should really become wiser soon, or someone could get killed by your foolishness, Vivian!


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Silas's first attack does some damage, but not what appears to be a significant blow.

Two grab for Vivian and two for Silas, trying to pull them down further. Silas is able to pull free, but the undead grab Vivian and pull her further down.

Grapple vs Silas: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Grapple vs Silas: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Grapple va Viv: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Grapple va Viv: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Pontia - casting
Silas (1 dmg)
Undead guards: Red (7 dmg), Green, Blue, Orange - they are all below you.
Tara (13 dmg)
Vivian (4 dmg)
Sophie (5 dmg)
Niculaie


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie takes a step back, away from whatever hole Silas and Vivian have fallen into.

"Mr. Womarsh! Ms. Deberth! Quick - if they're still tied to our rope, perhaps we can help them pull themselves out!"

Niculaie grabs onto the rope and begins to sing one of his works in progress, a lamentation for General Arnisant of the Shining Crusade (set to this tune).

Arnisant was a warrior
From the Empire of the Setting Sun
A paladin of Aroden
The Last Azlanti's will be done...

Bardic Performance for those who can hear Nic, round 1/14, Inspire Courage (+1 atk/dam).


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

here is my crazy idea, GM. Chain of perdition is a 3rd level spell that summons a chain that can do a set of combat maneuvers; most relevant to this encounter would be drag and reposition. Could I use the chain to try to pull Vivian out of their arms? I calculate with heroism and inspire courage I would get up to +11 to the CMB roll.
My backup idea is to cast spiritual weapon and just attack the thing.
Please not Sophie to do one of those based on your ruling.

Sophie begins murmuring a prayer...


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

CMD to escape: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Frantically, Vivian tries to get free from the clutching hands


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Vivian manages to break free, and Sophie casts a spell summoning a chain of force. She commands it to grab Vivian and pull he up and out of the water.

@Tara - still with us?


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Tara releases a gasp as Vivian and Silas vanish under the water. "Uh, Mr. Silas, Ms. Deberth?" Tara weakly calls out, before watching the water begin to churn. Taking a deep breath, Tara plunges under to try and aid Silas in escaping.
Apologies; I thought I had posted but the forums appeared to devoured it.
Aid Another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Who’s up?


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Technically, we're waiting for GM Fuzzfoot to advance the round. But we don't really have to wait for that, I guess.

Sinking lower in the stagnant water, Silas slashes at one of the creatures holding Vivian, hoping she can free herself and swim to the surface.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 2 = 28
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16 8 points

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 2 = 7
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 10 points

14 rounds of air left


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Silas - are you factoring in the inspiration? Even underwater, I think it is ok to do so. Also, thanks for taking the initiative to keep us moving forward.

Pontia - I believe you were casting something that took a round or more? Let's resolve that.

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Pontia
Silas (1 dmg)
Undead guards: Red (7 dmg), Green, Blue(18 dmg), Orange - they are all below you.
Tara (13 dmg)
Vivian (4 dmg)
Sophie (5 dmg)
Niculaie


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

I wasn't counting the Inspiration. However, it'll only add one point to the damage and that would get rounded off, leaving the damage he did unchanged. :(


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia completes her spell. Fingers trailing light, she brings a hand down into the water and traces a glowing circle. In response, the water inside the circle mounds up before her, taking on a faintly humanoid form. She addresses it in a language filled with pops and clicks, pointing to where Silas and Vivian went under.

She cast summon monster II to get a Small water elemental.

Aquan:
"Rescue the two humans under the water, and attack anything that's attacking them."

Small augmented water elemental: AC 17 T 11 FF 17
HP 17/17 Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +0 Melee slam: +7 (1d6+5)


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

The swirling section of water that Pontia seems to be speaking with immediately rushes past Silas to attack one of the creatures fighting with him, the one most heavily damaged. (Blue)

Slam Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

It is enough to destroy the creature!

The other three attack - 2 against Silas, and one now tries to deal with this new watery foe.

Slam Attack vs Silas: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Slam Attack vs Silas: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Slam Attack vs Elemental: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

The elemental takes a severe hit, but it still manages to hang tough.

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Tara (13 dmg)
Vivian (4 dmg)
Sophie (5 dmg)
Niculaie


Round 3: (Bold may act)
Pontia
Silas (1 dmg)

Undead guards: Red (7 dmg), Green, Orange - they are all below you.
Tara (13 dmg)
Vivian (4 dmg)
Sophie (5 dmg)
Niculaie


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

Sophie commands the chain to pull one of the creatures up, trying to get it out of the water.

chain of perdition, drag maneuver, heroism, inspired: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 23

She then murmurs another prayer and a nodachi of force appears in the water by the other undead.

spiritual weapon, heroism, inspired: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 24
force: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

I am starting to run low on spells. Only one level 2 slot left, all my level 3s gone, and only three level 1s left. Sophie is more than a bundle of spell slots, but just thought y'all might want to know


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Are we (me & Silas) out of immediate danger? Could we climb the wall to escape?


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie's song trails off, the haunting melody echoing through the flooded hall.

Lingering Performance - Performances last 2 rounds after Niculaie stops concentrating.

Niculaie hums a few low notes, then chants, "Cred că ești confuz, prietene. Mai gandeste-te."

Casting Confusion, Lesser (DC 15 Will negates), on one of the undead. GM - I assume we can see enough of pit to pick out the combatants? There isn't anything on the map, so I'm not sure how to identify a specific target, but Niculaie targets one of the undead that hasn't been hit by anyone in the last round.

Secrets of the Grave (Ex): Undead lose imm to mind affecting, +2 bonus to Knowledge (religion) vs. undead.

Knowledge (religion) to identify our assailants: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 27


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Vivian feels herself pushed up towards the edge of the pit as Silas continues his assault.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 31 underwater, Inspire Courage
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 1 = 22

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 16 underwater, Inspire Courage
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 1 = 19

Longsword Critical Confirm: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 23 underwater, Inspire Courage
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 = 17

Underwater damage is halved.
13 rounds of air left


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Surfacing for a moment, Tara takes a large gulp of air before sinking back under the water. Slashing out to distract one of the creatures, Tara attempts to help Silas by providing aid.

Aid to Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Tara and Silas are in the water, Vivian has been pulled to safety.

Tara makes sure Silas has the best chance to succeed, and it pays off.

Sophie wraps up Orange in a chain, and can try to move it next round. Then she conjures a weapon that cuts a leg off of green. Nic continues his inspiring song, and manages to cause green to be quite confused.

Two quick slices, and the Silas removes the head of red, and using Tara's assistance jams his sword deep into the chest of green. Since you both rolled 20's, I applied Tara's aid to the second attack which would have missed otherwise.

Vivian and Pontia can go. Green is confused and damaged. Orange is bound in a chain. The other two are destroyed.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia's elemental presses the attack on Green, but only churns the water around it.

Watery slam, including inspiration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

The wizard draws a wand and invokes its power, sending a dart of force at Green

Damage from magic missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Niculaie:
These are Advanced Draugr. They have DR 5/bludgeoning or slashing; Immune undead traits and can cause nausea - although the save is only DC 12 and Silas is basically immune.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie recognizes the creatures attacking Silas and Vivian, and calls out a warning to the group. "These are draugr, disgusting unliving creatures who may disable you with nausea, and they appear stronger than the specimens I have encountered in the past! Avoid piercing weapons if you can - their flesh is resistant to punctures, but they are susceptible to the trauma inflicted by other weapons."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Thankies for the information, Nicolae. You're a fountain of knowledge.

Vivian swaps weapons, taking her little-used morningstar, and readies herself for the undead dragged by Sophie's chain

That's an impressive and clever tactic, Sophie, nice trick.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Oops - I didn't realize we were waiting on me!

Green is destroyed, only Orange remains. It attacks Silas again, but with all of the activity in the small space, it fails to connect.

Slamm Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Round 3: (Bold may act)
Tara (13 dmg)
Vivian (4 dmg)
Sophie (5 dmg)
Niculaie


Round 4: (Bold may act)
Pontia
Silas (1 dmg)

Undead guards: Orange - they are all below you.
Tara (13 dmg)
Vivian (4 dmg)
Sophie (5 dmg)
Niculaie


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

The large man begins flagging as the environment begins to weigh in on him. However, he still manages to strike a telling blow against the remaining undead.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 22 underwater, Inspire Courage
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 1 = 22 damage is halved

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 13 underwater, Inspire Courage
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 1 = 19 damage is halved

12 rounds of air left.


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

Sophie concentrates on the scene in the water, while her summoned weapons continue to work. The nodachi of force slashes at the creature and then the chain attempts to drag it up and out of the water.

it looks to me like the chain of perdition needs a standard action from me to do it's combat maneuvers? The spell doesn't say

spiritual weapon, heroism, inspired: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 14
force: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

chain of perdition, drag maneuver, heroism, inspired: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 30


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Silas hits the creature once, and Sophie does not... but the chain wraps around the creature and pulls it up out of the water.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Ready attack, inspired: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
Dmg, Trait, Inspired: 1d8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4

[ooc]Not sure if sneak attack can apply (opponent unable to defend himself effectively), but if so add following dmgSA: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12/ooc]

Morningstar in hand, Vivian waits until the creature is dragged out of the water by Sophie's chain, and smashes her weapon on the undead skull before it can react.

The blow is a sure hit... But even with her hate of undead, the morningstar doesn't do much damage, to the redhead dismay.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia calls on the power developed through her conjuration studies. A black haze coalesces around her hand and flies at the draugr.

Acid dart ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Acid damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Oops, damage is a d6, not a d4.

Acid dart damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

This is what happens when I post from my phone...I lose track of things. Subtract 4 from my roll to hit since Pontia is firing into melee, and here's the elemental attack.

The elemental emerges from the water and hammers at the pinned undead, but its blow glances off of the creature's armor.

Slam attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Not really sure where our remaining draugr is - is there a token on the map that I'm missing? I assume he's roughly somewhere around Silas and Vivian.

As the last echoes of his song reverberate through the flooded hall, Niculaie pulls a blunted arrow from his quiver and places it on his bowstring, draws back his bow, and lets fly at the last of the attacking draugr.

+1 darkwood composite shortbow, inspire courage, firing into melee: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

3,451 to 3,500 of 4,102 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.