Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


3,651 to 3,700 of 3,979 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

"Hold on, girl! Don't die on me yet!" Sophie calls out. She stabs at the creature with her longspear.

longspear, attack, inspired, heroism, divine favor, vs prone: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 22
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 16

and an AoO

longspear, attack, inspired, heroism, divine favor, vs prone: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 36
cold iron, piercing: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 14


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Sophie misses with her attack as well, as the spear deflects off of the very tough hide.

Let's see if Tara can make a dent before we resolve the AoOs, which at this point are not going to be enough to keep it from getting up.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Watching Vivian fall, Tara feels her stomach drop at the shift in the battle. Clutching her holy symbol, the young cleric holds it aloft, offering up another prayer. "Pharasma, lead us victoriously against this abomination, so that we may set its soul to you." Her desperate words wash across the battlefield, emboldening her allies and weakening the creature.

Tara will cast prayer +1 to attack,damage, saves, skill rolls for allies; -1 to attack, damage, saves, and skill rolls for enemies.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Unfortunately, that is not going to do it, but the prayer will help both AoO.

The creature angrily stands up, taking two very serious wounds from Sophie and Silas.

So, it took the better part of an hour fro me to research whether or not the creature needs to roll a reflex save or Acrobatics roll to stand up. Ultimately, I see no clear consensus, but when in doubt I tend to go with the rules as a read them over my personal opinion to avoid too many subjective disparities. In this case, I see nothing in the spell description to warrant a re-check on trying to stand up, nor a recheck due to taking damage from AoO, or for that matter even the need fro a check if he attacks. So...

Who: 1d2 ⇒ 2

The creature, severely wounded, manages to stand through the pain and tears through Sofie with the same abandon as it ripped apart Vivian.

Claw, prayer: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 1 = 31
Claw, prayer: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 15 - 1 = 24
Claw, prayer: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 15 - 1 = 25
Claw, prayer: 1d20 + 15 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 15 - 1 = 18
Damage x3 + Rend - Prayer: 3d4 + 21 - 3 + 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 21 - 3 + (3) + 10 = 38

Round 3: (Bold may act)
Niculaie
Pontia
Sophie(heroism, divine favor, 38 dmg, unconscious, prone, bleeding)
Vivian (52 dmg, unconscious, prone)
Silas
Tara

Creature (74 dmg)

Bless, prayer are in effect


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"So you like to tear at women do you?" Silas grunts at the creature. "Maybe you need a lesson in manners!"

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 24 bless, prayer
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 1 = 21 prayer

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 29 bless, prayer
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 = 17 prayer

Longsword Critical Confirmation: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 19 bless, prayer
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15 prayer


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Silas teaches the creature a lesson that will never be needed again, as he manages to put the thing down. It is a massive form, and took quite a heroic effort to defeat.

You are able to quickly stabilize Sophie, so now you take a few minutes (or longer) to lick your wounds. And maybe look around a bit more...


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Well done, all of you." The proximate threat dealt with, Pontia casts a quick divinatory cantrip and looks around the room for magical auras.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

When Vivian gains consciousness, she finds her head being being propped up by Silas' cloak. "If you're going to be running around in rinky-dink armor like that," the large man says, gesturing towards her chain shirt as he sits on the floor near her. "Then I think you need to learn to dodge better."

His words are expressed with humor, but there's real concern on his face.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

You do not detect anything magical. You do, however, recognize that the trap door in the ceiling is made of adamantine. It must be worth 3000 gold!

You also notice a number of pages torn from some of the books stuck on the back of the door. Many of the pages have notes scrawled in black ink, and then other notations in a different hand in red ink. Unfortunately, the notes have become so soiled and torn that they are virtually illegible.

DC 30 Linguistics check or comprehend languages might reveal more.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

DC 30 Linguistics check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

So close! Nic or Sophie, can you try to Aid Another?

Pontia studies the notes intently, occasionally jotting something down on a piece of scratch paper. "I don't know. I should be able to understand this, but I'm missing some critical clue."


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

So how much does that adamantine trapdoor weigh? Asking for a friend.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Niculaie peers at the ripped pages of notes over Pontia's shoulder. After a moment, he reaches out and gently takes the papers from the wizard's hand, rotates the pages 180 degrees, and hands them back to her.

"I can't make anything intelligible out of these, but I'm almost certain I've seen that symbol in an book of ancient arcane lore, and it was upside down."


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Watching the creature fall for good this time, Tara rushes over to the two women, clutching her holy symbol tightly. "Ms Sophie? Ms Deberth?" she quietly states, gently nudging them as her healing energy fills the room. "Are you two okay?"

Channel Positive: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) = 12 selecting out non-allies


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

As Pontia and Niculaie sort out the notes, Sophie picks herself up - injured far less severely as everyone previously thought.

The notes put together to describe the existence of something called the "Bondslave Thrall" and its ability to control the Beast of Lepidstadt, but not its location or how to actually activate it. Clearly those who came before you were interested in this thing, but they didn't take the notes with them, so maybe they were done with them.

I don't know hoe heavy, but we will assume you find a way to take it at the end...


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Once the ladies are healed and the notes are translated ...

"Up the stairs then," Silas says, his eyes following the spiraling steps upwards. He readies his sword and shield and begins the ascent.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"So it would appear that there exists some means to control...Saban, you call them? Something to keep in mind, should we encounter them." Pontia collects her notes and follows Silas.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

On the next level, you find a circular room is choked with webs. A stone staircase curves along the wall to another trapdoor in the ceiling.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia raises an eyebrow. "That looks ominous. Shall we clear it out and explore the room before going on?"


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"Spiderwebs usually indicate spiders," Silas says, with a nervous eye searching the webs. "Does anyone have a torch?" he asks.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Kneeling down, Tara concentrates on getting Vivian back onto her feet, as she channels her goddess's healing energy. "Come on Vivian, it's time to get up." she whispers gently. Hearing Silas's call for a torch Tara pipes up, "I have a few! Feel free to take as many as you need!"

Tara has 10 torches, and flint and steel, feel free to help yourself

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 7) + 6 = 19 Burning a lesser restoration to cast cure moderate wounds


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Just to note, Silas wouldn't head up the stairs until everyone was on their feet.

The large man takes the offered torch, flint and steel and quickly lights a torch and attempts to burn away the webs.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Status check - with Sophie only taking a single hit on that last attack, and the channel, she is fully healed. So only Vivian has any damage - 21 dmg after channel and CMW.

Looking around the room, you find chalk marks on the wall that appear to have been hastily erased. Enough remains for you to notice a few things.

A crude chalk diagram depicts the iron spire atop of the tower, and two strange apparatuses at its pinnacle. An arrow points to the larger of the two devices, next to the words “The Storm Caller must be activated to energize the Bondslave Thrall.”

Otherwise, you are able to burn away the webs.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None
Pontia Canario wrote:
"So it would appear that there exists some means to control...Saban, you call them? Something to keep in mind, should we encounter them." Pontia collects her notes and follows Silas.

Niculaie stares at the partially erased diagram with a worried frown. "Given the behavior of the last golem we met and what we've heard from the others about the one they fought just before we arrived, I wonder if this Bondslave Thrall effect, ritual, or what have you only provokes these poor creatures into a rage."

Tracing a finger along the apparatus indicated by the arrow, he adds, "Does anyone have any ideas about what this Storm Caller might be?"

Is there a knowledge check that might be worth trying here? Arcana, or maybe engineering?


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"It is a property of flesh golems that they are energized by lightning. Perhaps the Storm Caller is a weather control device, and whoever left these notes intends to use it to summon a storm. Natural lightning can be rather more potent than most magic."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Vivian cast a spell to heal her wounds

That was too close to my taste..Thank you for beating this foe, you all.

Total +19 HP


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"Onward and upward," Silas says impatiently. "There's not too many other places this guy can be. Perhaps he's working on his Thrall thing."

The man doesn't seem too interested in magical mechanisms.


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

"Hmm, my spells are nearly depleted. But no use moaning and groaning, let's be on with it."


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

"I am in a similar state, Ms. Kundegard, and my voice is becoming hoarse. But I would not be confident in the safety of any room in this complex until we have inspected them all."

Niculaie has 2 second level bard spell slots and 3 rounds of bardic performance remaining, in addition to his small number of not very useful alchemist extracts.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"I still have many of my most potent spells prepared, and can take some time to prepare a few more."


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a small creature appears near Pontia. It appears to be a tiny human-looking thing, and pulls on Pontia's leg, urging her to the chalk drawings.

It points at the drawings of the Storm Caller, and then points upstairs. It seems to be pleading for something, but it does not appear to be able to speak.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia jumps and starts to screech before regaining control of herself. She may be more on edge than she appears, although in a place like this it's hard to tell.

Knowledge check to identify; bonus at least +12: 1d20 ⇒ 13

The player guesses that this is a homunculus; Pontia's response is predicated on that.

"You--you are Caromarc's creation? Can you write?"


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

You are correct.

The creature nods, and then looks for a piece of chalk. Then he starts writing.

Master is above, captured in a metal doll that gets tighter. Also a rampaging aberrant promethean made of flesh, very powerful, very angry. Very strong. You can use thrall to call beast of Lepistadt to aid you.

OK, I am just going to tell you straight up, this is the end of this book. You are going to be fighting a huge threat, and the AP assumes (actually, basically demands) that you get past the creature, figure out how to use the Bondslave Thrall to control the Beast of Lepidstandt to come to your aid. Even with the notes, that is not going to be an easy task. So I suggest you use this opportunity to rest (despite the homonuculus' sense of urgency) and get prepared. This encounter has TPK written all over it.
On the plus side, I think you should be level 7, so go ahead and level up as well!


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Thanks for the ooc notes, and for the level.

Pontia ponders the construct's advice. "I could take a moment to ready another haste spell, as well as another bull's strength. I can also summon a lantern archon to assist us. The homunculus' warning, though--I do not think that we would survive the attempt without a great deal of luck. We should retreat and prepare ourselves."


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

I agree. Will level up when I can.
Sophie nods in agreement.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie nods, relief visible on his pale face. "If we must face such a powerful adversary, it would be best if we are all at full strength."

I will level up in the next day or so. I assume we'll just barricade ourselves in one of the empty rooms?


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"It would be best if we knew more about this creature," Silas says with a wary eye upwards. "But a rest would do us all some good."


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia nods. "I have some familiarity with arcane constructs, so the terms are familiar to me. However, Caromarc's homunculus may be able to provide more details." She addresses the small creature. "What more can you tell us about the promethean creature? And who has done this to your master?"

Knowledge to recognize the creature, presumably arcana: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia can prepare and cast an alarm spell before everyone beds down for the night, so we have some chance of noticing anything coming after us.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

As Pontia continues to converse with the little guy, she finds his name is Waxwood. He goes on to communicate what he can about the creature, and Pontia does a little to fill in the blanks.

A stitched abomination made from the parts of at least half a dozen creatures, the Aberrant Promethean is primarily a mixture of choker, chuul, cloaker, and ettercap, blended together into a disgusting mass of unlife. Able to climb through its webs like a spider, the Promethean goes berserk when anyone enters the room.

It is a huge construct, which means that it is immune to certain things like sneak attacks. It is also a variant of a more common flesh golem, meaning some DR and immunity to magic. It has many tentacles, and is very quick.

As far as who caused all of the problems here, all Waxwood can write is "the Whispering Way".


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Random skill check, nothing to see here: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Pontia blanches as Waxwood writes the last words. "No." The scholar's hand clenches on her quarterstaff, white-knuckled. She takes a deep breath, then another, visibly composing herself. "Thank you, Waxwood. We shall certainly do our best to rescue your master."


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

The rest period is surprisingly quiet and uneventful. You wake and prepare for your next day, recovered from the beatings both physical and mental from yesterday, and the inner reflection you experience leaves you wiser and more prepared for the challenges ahead. But now, Waxwood seems urgent for you to save his master.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Waxwood, are the golem and your master in the same room as the Storm Caller? If not, can we go up the outside wall to reach the Storm Caller and activate it before we rescue your master and deal with the golem?"


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

The previous night:

When setting up, Pontia hung a colorful glass wind chime up over her bedroll. On finishing her spell preparation, she carefully wrapped it up and put it back in her satchel.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

In the morning, Niculaie spends a quiet hour preparing his extracts from a few formulae written into a mostly-blank journal in a thin, spidery script. Once he is sure that his new companions are all awake and that Pontia and Tara have finished their own quiet preparations, he tunes his lyre and plays scraps of different tunes for a few minutes before joining them for breakfast.

Ready!


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9
Pontia Canario wrote:
"Waxwood, are the golem and your master in the same room as the Storm Caller? If not, can we go up the outside wall to reach the Storm Caller and activate it before we rescue your master and deal with the golem?"

"O-Outside? There are no stairs outside," Silas questions, his face paling slightly. "How would we reach this thing outside?"


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"I can use magic for that."


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

The large man looks towards the stairs and then back the way they came and frowns a little. He takes a deep breath and a tighter grip on his sword.

"Very well," he says finally, resolving to do what needs to be done.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian prays to Pharasma, sitting on the dusty floor, her sword on her crossed legs

Let's go and hope.

she rises to her feet, her green eyes full of resolve


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Tara's brow furrows at the mention of the Whispering Way. "That name keeps coming up. Dr. Von Herzog and I were looking into them after we found a crypt containing some items from them in Ravengro. What does it mean?" Tara pipes up, looking at Pontia curiously.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Later, Miss Eliade, if you please. We have a wizard to rescue, and this is not the place to speak of such things."


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie hangs his lyre from the strap of his handy haversack, slides his scythe into its leather harness across his shoulders, and strings his bow. He twirls an arrow in one hand nervously. "I am ready to get started as well. If we come across any closed doors, let me try opening them with a spell first; if a door isn't locked, it will open without risking someone losing a hand to a trap."

3,651 to 3,700 of 3,979 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.