Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


451 to 500 of 4,108 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Teilaenthis sets about the now familiar routine of research, seeming well at home in the library despite keeping his sword and shield with him at all times. He continues to ask for the aid of others in combing through specific scrolls and books for relevant information. The Marauder is the source of the efforts today.

Take 10 for an 18 to be added onto by assistance.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Stefan assists Teil in his research at the temple

Knowledge (local) - Aid Another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

The atmosphere in the Temple is far less tense today, perhaps thanks to your talk with Father Grimburrow. In fact, no acolyte sets up watch to monitor you, as they all seem too busy catching up with their daily tasks.

At the end of the afternoon, you discover the following information with Teilaenthis as lead investigator:

The Mosswater Marauder (Real Name: Ispin Onyxcudgel)
Only 5 years before his hometown of Mosswater was destined to be overrun and ruined by monsters from the nearby river, Ispin Onyxcudgel was a well-liked artisan and a doting husband. When he discovered his wife’s infidelity, he flew into a jealous rage and struck her dead with his hammer, shattering her skull and his sanity with one murderous blow. Wracked with shame and guilt, Ispin became convinced that if he could rebuild his wife’s skull she would come back to life—but unfortunately, he could not find the last blade-shaped fragment from the murder site. So instead, Ispin became the Mosswater Marauder. Over the course of several weeks, the cunning dwarf stalked and murdered nearly 20 people while searching for just the right skull fragment. He was captured just before murdering the daughter of a visiting nobleman from Varno, and was carted off to Harrowstone that same night.

* * *
When the group finishes its research, you have about an hour and a half before the town meeting starts.

Feel free to discuss strategy or let me know any special preparations you'd like to make.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Before, in the library
Aid another, Know: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

She yawns and is useless in their quest for knowledge, taking a nap instead in the library.

....................................................................

After the research, Vivian will take a walk out in the town, to relieve some stress. She had an hard and near sleepless night, as she took guard duty near Kendra's door without her knowing.

She goes to the commemorative statue, checking for any new troubles, and to free her mind from the recent events, walks to the Meeting Hall, pretending in her mind it's a place she wants to rob, looking for entrances and "guards" (people wandering around, in fact).

Wonder if I could sneak in if the men in power deny us the right to consult the library. Books... I have seen enough of them for quite some time, I hope!

Taking 20 in Perception,total 26, as she probably has the time for lookout, if not Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Having some time before their meeting with the council. Drace looks at the party. "So, how much should we tell them? There is a likely chance they will blame our snooping around as cause for whatever is happening in the town. But if we hide it now and it comes up later..." Drace held up his hands with a shrug.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Teil nods at Drace saying, "I am reluctant to attend, as too often crowds look to my kind to blame when suspicions arise. Unless you think I am essential, I might continue my studies back at the inn rather than raise the hackles of the locals."


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Vivian discovers no new vandalism at the Harrowstone Memorial, but the red letters 'VE' still remain even after the rest of the blood has been mostly cleaned up.

Passing by Town Hall, Vivian can see it has only one set of double doors at the front of the building to allow entry. The Sheriff and some of his deputies are already on site providing security.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Looking nervously to Teil, it had not occured to Tara that her presence would bring suspicion on their group. "I can accompany anyone who wants to go. However, I am not the most impressionable person." Standing and brushing off her vestments, she offers a small smile to Drace. "I believe that we should keep quiet on most of our research for now. We don't know who is part of which secret society and I would hate to show our hand too early."


Male M,

"I will certainly go. We at least need to see if the town has made any progress that we have not. I agree with Tara on revealing our own plans however. Who knows what ears may be lurking in the crowd? We may tip off the culprit himself. However, I hesitate to split up. What if there is another attack, here or at the meeting? Although I doubt anyone will be bold enough to assault an entire town gathering."

Sentir will go to the meeting with anyone willing to accompany him


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Ok, I'm assuming everyone is going except Teilaenthis, although if he changes his mind he can always just jump in assuming we're not in combat.

When you arrive at sunset for the meeting, the room is packed with villagers already in discussion about the recent disturbances in town, although talk slows as what seems to be every eye in the building turns to look the strangers now in their midst.

The conversation soon becomes heated again, however, as one villager complains about the stirge attack at the inn, while another tells the story of how he found a skeleton wandering through his crops. An older woman tops that as she recounts the harrowing story of how a trio of zombies tried to break into her home and only the timely arrival of the Pharasmin priests saved her family. All the while, other town folk demand something be done as soon and resolutely as possible.

Soon the 4 town councilors arrive and move up to the podium to address the crowd. The mob grows quiet as Councilman Hearthmount begins to speak,"Yes, we are aware of your troubles, Sheriff Caeller has kept us abreast of all new developments. I assure you that I and the rest of the councilors are looking into all solutions!"

Feel free to chime in here if you wish.

Also, here is the map. Please place yourselves where you wish to be. If you don't have a preference, I'll place you in the back by the doors. Please forgive all the smiley faces, it was easier than having to download a large number of different images onto the map. The four icons on the stage indicate the town councilors, with the Sheriff standing by the door.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Earlier...

"To be frank, Tiel, while I cannot speak to any inherent prejudice toward people of your background, I would posit that the townsfolk may well deem your absence at this evening's assemblage as more suspicious than your presence. While I cannot compel you to do so, I would advise you to attend."

* * *

As Stefan enters the meetinghouse, he spies an empty section of bench up in the second row. He takes a seat there, exchanging pleasantries with the nearby townsfolk.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Earlier

"Very well... if you believe it would be better that I attend, I will join you."

Polishing his axe and shield before going, Teileanthis joins the group at the meeting.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Taking a seat near the back of the meeting hall, Tara listens quietly, opting not to speak and instead listen to the reports of the townsfolk. Frowning heavily at the reports of numerous undead, Tara's concern grows at the sheer volume of undead being churned out of the Restlands.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

I'm going to wait a little longer for everyone to weigh in here if they wish.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Drace moves to the centre of the aisle way to keep watch of further developments, but does not chime in just and watches the proceedings.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 17


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian looks around, resting her back on the wall, trying to guess the mood of the crowd

Sense Motive, untrained, DC 20: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Well, they are probably afraid.I would be afraid too if the dead walked into my town.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

As the subject of solutions is brought up, both Drace and Vivian notice that some eyes in the crowd are focused on them despite whatever misgivings they might have about strangers. Even a couple of the councilors and the Sheriff can't help but look at them hopefully.


Male M,

Sentir leans against the wall, hiding his hands. They are paining him more then usual, and it is effecting his mood. He notices many of the townsfolk are looking at the group, hope mixed with distrust.

He speaks up, when no one else does, "What solutions do you have in mind, Sheriff?". His voice sounds loudly in the fairly quiet chamber.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Into the silence, Teilaenthis projects blunty. "To find a solution, one must first identify the problem. We have been trying to do so and have significant leads. However, our efforts have been thwarted because we have been refused access to the town records. Without that information, it may be that we cannot help you."


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

"We're working on some leads." The Sheriff replies to Sentir's question laconically, although his expression suggests he's more worried about the crowd at the moment than coming up with solutions.

"I hardly see how giving strangers access to our archives helps deal with the undead problem." Councilman Gharen Muricar says with some annoyance, "You people see awfully interested in getting ahold of our records." Some people in the crowd pipe up in agreement with the sentiment.

Councilman Hearthmount shoots Muricar a dirty look and tries to regain control of the situation, "I have you know that Father Grimburrow has his acolytes stationed in the Restlands to prevent anyone from accessing the cemetery at night. We may be looking for volunteers to assist with that duty. Perhaps a small militia may be in order."

With that, the crowd begins to become noisy, with many of the townfolk voicing disapproval of Hearthmount's half-hearted suggestions. He continues talking, however, in the vain hope of calming them down. "Furthermore, if you have any information about who is vandalizing the Harrowstone Memorial or see any striges in the area..."

At this point, the mob becomes far too loud for the Councilman to continue, as sheer panic begins to set in as many of the villagers appear to have no confidence in their leaders ability to protect them.

Suddenly the five oil lanterns illuminating the room explode in a roar of fire, catching two of the villagers in the south of the room in flames. All five fires then immediately catch on the wooden walls and floors and the building itself begins to burn. Real panic begins to set in now, as the townfolk quickly realize the danger and look to the doors.

PC Initiative
Drace's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Sentir's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Stefan's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Tara's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Teilaenthis' Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Vivian's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Initiative (Round 1)
Teilaenthis <= Up
Vivian <= Up
Tara <= Up
Drace <= Up
Sentir <= Up
Stefan <= Up
Villagers/Councilmembers/Sheriff

Ok, everyone can act. The map has been updated, with the red clouds signifying the location of the 5 fires.

In this special situation, there's one of four actions you may want to take at this time:

• Flee (Move): With the crowd in its current state, each square with a face counts as difficult terrain.

• Fight Fires (Standard): You can fight a fire in an adjacent square by beating the fire with a cloak or tapestry (such as the tapestries that hang on the walls of the room) by making a DC 12 combat maneuver check. Using appropriate magic to fight the fire grants a +4 bonus on this check. With a successful check, the fire in that square is extinguished.

• Direct the Crowd (Full-round action or Standard): By making a DC 15 Diplomacy check (full-round action) or a DC 20 Intimidate check, you can direct the panicked crowd to the exit, allowing the villagers to move faster towards the door.

• Save one of the burning Townsfolk (Standard): As long as you are in an adjacent square, you can save a townsperson from a fire square by picking the victim up as a standard action. A single PC can only carry (or drag) one townsperson at a time, but once you do, that unconscious townperson will automatically stabilize unless they find themselves in a burning square again.


Male M,

The whole Hall was in a panic. What was happening now? For a horrible moment Sentir thinks he is back in Razimir, confronting the fire again. His arms burned, and fingers ached with the memory.

Shaking his head, he comes back to the present. Right next to him is a burning man. Regardless of the intense pain, Sentir reaches out to help him, offering two blackened arms.

I Save one of the Burning townsfolk.

As he does so, he bellows to Drace. "Drace, Get these people out of here! Stop them from stampeding around, and get them to the door!"

Whoever is playing Drace, I'd advise doing that. He is in a perfect spot to do so. We have to get everyone one, now.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"Everyone! Move this way quickly and orderly!" Drace shouted from his position. "Don't waste time gathering your things! Just go!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 16


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

DC CMD to put out the fire: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

As always, Vivian is quick to react, grabbing an hanging tapestry, ripping it and using it to put out the fire that was near her

Teil, Sheriff,open the doors so the villagers can get out quickly.We'll need a line of men with buckets of water if the fire growns out!


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Seeing a townsperson engulfed into the flames, Teilaenthis rushes over to pull the person to safety - the flames not even singing him with he daemonic blood.

As he puts the person back on their own feet he says crisply, "No move quickly out of here to safety." Then, over the sound of the chaos he shouts, "Drace! Can you check outside and make sure these people are not being driven into another threat?"

Can saving these fools help atone for those who I chose not to save?


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Hiking up her skirt, Tara charges forward to the front of the meeting room, intent on putting out the fire on stage before it can spread any farther. "Gird your loins, people!" She shouts out, wading her way through the crowd, stopping nearby a plum of fire, as she yanks a tapestry from the wall.

Tara will double move to the fire on the stage by the councilwomen and men.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sentir and Teilaenthis rescue those unlucky townfolk who were caught in the fires, although both villagers are unconscious from their injuries.

Vivian thinks quickly and pulls a tapestry down from the wall to smother one of the five fires.

Tara plans to do the same as she quickly makes her way to the stage.

Drace utilizes his military training to quickly direct the villagers out of the burning building.

I'll give Stefan a little bit longer before moving to the villagers.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Dr. Von Herzog grabs a nearby cloak that one of the locals left behind in panic and tries to smother a nearby fire, but is not yet able to extinguish it.

Stefan's CMB: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Thanks to Drace's clear direction, a number of villagers manage to make it out of the burning building, but the majority including the Councilmembers are still stuck in the building thanks to the bottleneck. The Sheriff assists Drace in encouraging the people to flee in a quick, but orderly manner.

To make matters worse, the four remaining fires all begin to expand, burning larger sections of the building.

GM Screen:

N: 1d3 ⇒ 2
SW: 1d3 ⇒ 3
SE: 1d3 ⇒ 2
NE: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Just to clarify, each 'extinguish fire' action only targets one square. Furthermore, if you want the villagers to continue to move out quickly, you'll need to make another Diplomacy or Intimidation check.

Initiative (Round 2)
Teilaenthis <= Up
Vivian <= Up
Tara <= Up
Drace <= Up
Sentir <= Up
Stefan <= Up
Villagers/Councilmembers/Sheriff

PC's are up!


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

The teifling moves towards Drace, dropping the unconscious townsperson at his feet hissing "get him out of here" before returning back towards the fire in the southeast corner hoping to work on extinguishing it.


Male M,

Braving the flames once again, Sentir attempts to put out some flames. He concentrates hard on the spot in front of him and casts Create Water hoping to douse the flames in his corner. If they moved quickly, they still might be able to save the building. The inferno was not out of control..yet.

Cast Create Water on corner square right in front of me


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Sorry for not responding... I was sure I had posted!

Stefan continues to beat at the flames with the cloak.

Fighting Fire (Combat Maneuver): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 EDIT: Aargh! Does that mean he catches fire?

And Stefan has burning hands and cause fear prepped... exactly the opposite of appropriate spells in this circumstance!


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sentir, go ahead and make a CMB check to extinguish the fire with a +4 bonus due to the spell. Since this isn't an attack roll, you do not have to take your curse into account for the roll.


Male M,

CMB Check to put out fire: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Teilaenthis drops the unconscious man he saved at Drace's feet, but quickly returns to fight the southeast corner fire.

Sentir casts Create Water at the fire in the southwest corner, and manages to put out some of it.

Dr. Von Herzog makes little progress putting out the northeastern fire, but at least doesn't get burned for his trouble.

Tara, Drace, and Vivian are up, I'll bot Drace if necessary once everyone else has posted.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

extinguish fire: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Vivian tries again to put out some fire, nearer the entrance, but is less successful this time, coughing from the smoke

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"Keep moving everyone!" Drace shouted at the crowd. "You're all doing great! Keep it up!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Drace, did you miss Teil's action of dropping a body at your feet?


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Tara's CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Both Vivian and Tara attempt to fight the two of the four fires, but alas, neither makes much headway.

Drace continues to firmly guide the villagers to a quick, yet orderly exit. Thanks to his efforts and that of the sheriff, the majority of the villagers finally all exit save those unconscious from their burns. The Councilmembers are still inside the building, however, but all close to the exit.

The fires, however, continue to expand, but fortunately not enough to burn those trying to fight them, yet.

GM Screen:

1d3 ⇒ 1
1d3 ⇒ 2
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d3 ⇒ 3
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Initiative (Round 3)
Teilaenthis <= Up
Vivian <= Up
Tara <= Up
Drace <= Up
Sentir <= Up
Stefan <= Up
Councilmembers/Sheriff

PC's go!


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

extinguish, DC12: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Maybe i'm too hot to be a fire fighter?


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Teileanthis tries to douse the flames.

DC12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Vivian makes an unsuccessful attempt to smother the southwest fire with a smoldering tapestry, while Teilaenthis snuffs out a portion of the flames burning in the southeast.

Tara, Drace, Sentir, and Stefan


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Tara attempts to snuff out the ever growing fire, before raising her voice. "I could use some assistance!" Coughing roughly as it seems all that she is capable of doing is fanning the fire, she tries to keep her wits about her.

CMB: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Male M,

Sentir hears Tara yell in fright, but he focuses on the fire in front of him. If they don't stop it here, Vivian and himself will be engulfed.

The oracle casts Create Water and attempts to put out the fire in front of Vivian.

Put out Fire!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Tara calls out for help as she makes another unfortunately vain attempt to put out the flames on the north side of the building, while Sentir conjures up more water to contain the fire on the southwest side.

I'll give Stefan and Drace a little longer before botting them.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Undaunted, Stefan attempts the smother the fire in the northeast once again with his tapestry and succeeds in putting out a portion of it.

Stefan's extinguish attempt: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

With the majority of the villagers out of the building, Drace turns his attention to fire fighting. He moves to assist Sentir and Vivian and manages to completely snuff out the southwest fire.

Drace extinguish attempt: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Despite that small success, the situation becomes dire once again as two privacy windows set near the ceiling on the north side of the building shatter in a rain of glass as two flying skulls sheathed in a shroud of fire burst in and move to attack Tara and Dr. Von Herzog! The skulls are Tiny and provoke attacks of opportunity by crossing into your squares. However, since Tara and Stefan are currently putting out fires with large pieces of cloth, I don't believe either of them are armed.

It's Knowledge (religion) to identify the skulls.

The first skull with black scorch marks flies at Tara and slams against her. Although the impact does little damage, its fiery aura burns Tara rather severely. The other flaming skull tries to run into Stefan, but the doctor steps around it just in time. Tara takes 5 damage in total from the skull, although most of it is fire damage

GM Screen:

White Skull Slam: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Damage: 1 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 + (4) = 5
Black Skull Slam: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Caeller's extinguish attempt: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The Councilmembers finally make it out of the burning building, all of them loudly coughing the smoke out of their lungs when they make it to fresh air.

"Go help your friends, I'll see what I can do about this fire." Sheriff Caeller says to Teilaenthis as he steps over a bench to work on the southeast fire, but doesn't make much progress.

Initiative (Round 4)
Teilaenthis <= Up
Vivian <= Up
Tara [5 Dmg] <= Up
Drace <= Up
Sentir <= Up
Stefan <= Up
2 Flaming Skulls
Sheriff

Everyone!


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

What is this now? Nevermind, we'll find later...Drace, help Stefan, I'll aid Tara!

Vivian, seeing the Pharasman priest badly burned by the flaming skull, dashes to the rescue, placing herself in the skull "back" (if it had a back, of course!), unsheating her short sword and slashing at the unwordly creature

Begone, by the Lady of the Graves will!

Short sword slash: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Add+1 if Undead
potential sneak attack?: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male M,

Ignoring the flaming skulls for now Sentir runs up and tries to put out the fire near Tara. He cheers Vivian on as she slashes at the strange creature. After that he once again casts Create Water hoping to drown the flaming bit of building.

Put Out fire: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Vivian advances on the flaming skull assaulting Tara, striking it hard with her short sword and shattering it into a dozen smouldering pieces.

Sentir also makes his way towards Tara, smothering a portion of the north fire with his water spell.

Teil, Tara, Stefan, Drace


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Tara lets out a shout of surprise as the skull rams into her shoulder, leaving a her skin feeling uncomfortably hot. Not bothering to turn to face the menace, Tara spots the second skull attempting to distract Stephan. Hearing Vivian's movement and the clatter of broken skull hit the floor, Tara relaxes for a brief moment. "Thank you, Ms. Deberth."

She wracks her brain trying to recall anything about the flying skulls, Tara almost loses grip on the tapestry she was holding. "Styx be damned." she grumbles to herself, as she only seems to be fanning the flames, rather than reducing them.

Knowledge Religon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
CMB: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Technically Tara is always armed as she has two natural attacks with claws, but she has never used them to date. :P


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Thank you for the reminder about your claws, Tara. They had slipped my mind.

Tara recalls reading about these creatures before in her studies. These are aptly named Flaming Skulls, members of a class of undead known as the Beheaded. They are relatively simple creatures despite the dread they may inspire upon seeing them. Their only major attack is to ram into their victims, burning them with their fire. Unsurprisingly, they are unaffected by fire damage and possess the same immunities as most undead do, such as invulnerability to mind-affecting effects, poison, and disease.

Despite her efforts, the cleric is unable to reduce the size of the northern fire, perhaps due to the distraction of being assaulted by flying, flaming skull.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Since Drace and Stefan indicated that they both may require botting, I'll give Teil a bit longer.

451 to 500 of 4,108 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.