Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


3,601 to 3,650 of 4,104 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Clambering up the wall, Tara's arms shake as tries to drag herself up the rope. "Thank you Mr. Pavlencas, I need all the help I can get" she says as she lets out a nervous laugh.

Climb: 1d20 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) - 3 + 2 = 4


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I think I found it in the house of two killers in Lepidstadt.. A long and horrible story, unfortunatly.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"You'll have to tell me that story sometime," Silas says with a nod.


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

Sophie climbs up and readies herself at the northern door that Silas suggested. She summons her ancestral weapon again, expecting another fight.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia also follows up the rope and readies herself for combat.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian climbs the rope and gets ready for a new bit of troubles, all her senses alert

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

It now is fairly obvious that someone intentionally destroyed the catwalks here. You enter a hallway (K9) with a few different doors. These corridors once connected the blocked stairwell below.

The alcove marked a in the central corridor contains shelves holding a potion of displacement, a potion of gaseous form, and two vials of alchemically preserved basilisk blood (considered fresh for the purposes of restoring petrified creatures to flesh.

Pick a door - NW, SW, NE or E - you came in through SE.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

With the desire to assess the closest threats first, Silas gets a good grip on his sword and opens the door across the hall. NE


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

GM F, can we tell how long ago the catwalks were destroyed? If it matters, Pontia has +10 in Knowledge (Engineering).


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

ha ha ha.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Portia examines the damage to the previous room catwalks, and figures the catwalks have been destroyed no more than a month ago, but more than a few days.

Silas opens the door across the hall and peeks in. Other than the two stone doors high on the walls, this room seems bare save for the dark waters covering the floor. Portia, looking over his shoulder, sees that this catwalk was destroyed much longer ago, and probably violently and over a period of time.

Do you enter? It's a pretty sizable drop...


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

No, Silas has no desire for another swim. ;)

Seeing another room like the one the basilisk was in, the warrior closes the door and moves further down the hall to open another door. NW


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie nods his agreement as Silas pulls the door shut on the other flooded chamber below.

"It does seems as though the very best we could expect through that door would be another basilisk."

Examining the vials stored in the alcove, he sighs quietly when he reads the labels identifying the dried basilisk blood.

"Although," he says to himself, "I don't know how we would have gotten up here without first disposing of the basilisk anyway."

He offers the vials to the others. "It seems to me that this potion that creates the illusion that the imbiber is slightly to one side of their actual position would certainly be best carried by one of you in the lead. This other potion converts one's body into a gas, it might be useful for an escape. And then there are the vials of dried basilisk blood. If any of you have suggestions about how best to distribute these items, please make them; I have no burning need to take possession of any of these items, although of course I am willing to carry anything that does not find a place with anyone else.”


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Before we move on, Miss Eliade, could you cast light on a pebble and toss it into the water? Perhaps we can see more of what's below."


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Tara perks up at her name. Flushing slightly, Tara picks at the embroidery on her shirt, "Ah, Ms Canario, that would be a smart idea, but I did not prepare light this day, since I have the ability to see in dark places without it." Glancing at the others in her group, "But I can take a look if you would like?"


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I do know that trick.

Vivin takes a peeble and call for Pharasma's help. A Strange, greyish light seems to pulse from Inside the small rock.

Wanna play ricochets?


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"Is it really the right time to ...?" Silas begins, but then chuckles. "Why not? I was pretty good in my youth," he says with a smile, sheathing his sword.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

As Vivian starts to lean in to drop the rock, she notices that the black ceiling above is moving, almost as if it is liquid.

Can I get a reflex save please?

Meanwhile, Silas opens up another door.

This room seems to be infested with various fungi that cling to every surface. The broken remains of an iron walkway juts from the water, also now infested with fungi. Two doors stand high up on the walls.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Vivian moves here head back out of the room before a black pudding tries to drop down on her head. You quickly shut the door.

This place is filled with dangers but I see no reason to mess with them unless you just want to.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I hated puddings when I was younger. This one is the most disgusting I've ever seen, and for all her qualities, my dearest mom was an awful cook, so that's sayng something.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

As the door is closed, Silas raises an eyebrow at Vivian. "So, ricochets some other time, then?"

Silas will continue around the hall, in a counter-clockwise direction, looking for something other than a monster storage room.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie raises an eyebrow when he glimpses the black mass diving from above just before Vivian slams the door.

"All right, then. Perhaps we should add a new procedure for inspecting a new chamber in this den of horrors: in addition to looking in, left, and right, we will also have to check up and down. Well dodged, Miss Deberth."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I can't be always unlucky, I guess. Or I hope. But we should all take that as a warning.

She looks at Silas walking, and grins

Still feeling stiff somewhere?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"Miss Deberth, at my age, something always feels stiff," Silas replies, attempting but failing to hide a grin of his own.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

As Silas expects, most of the rooms are in fact monster cages.

K5 seems to be some fungus creatures, harvesting fungus from the walls.

K4 contains some rotting girallon corpses, the heads of which have grown bat wings to become Vargouilles.

To the east, the door leads back outside.

A grand stone bridge arches over the gorge to a stack of rock on which perches a high tower topped with a lightning rod.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"As long as these creatures can't threaten us when we return from that tower, I am content to live and let live. On our return, though, the vargouilles will have to be dealt with."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

"At your age"? Don't lower yourself: you have a wonderful stamina. I've never seen a man staying so hard so long...

Vivian laughs, but keeps her eyes open

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"Oh, Miss Deberth ..." the man says with a different kind of smile in his eyes. "You have no idea."

At the discovery that their path forward follows yet another bridge, Silas seems to sink in on himself. "Of course it's another bridge," he mutters to himself.

He sheaths his sword and after making sure his shield is secured, he begins a cautious slow walk across the arch. He keeps his eyes fixed on the door on the other side and not on the long, drawing depths below him.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

I am not sure what Vivian sees, given what she appears to be looking at... but maybe we better keep this PG!

Silas carefully crosses, and finds that as long as you aren't rushing, it is safe enough.

A great stone tower perches atop a sheer stack of rock above the river. The tower climbs to an elaborate iron steeple, from which a huge lightning conductor calls out to the skies.

I opened up the map, but you are all on level 1 (L1).

A curving stone staircase winds along the wall of this circular chamber up to a trapdoor in the ceiling some thirty feet above. The room is in chaos, with books, alchemical equipment, and curiously twisted metal everywhere. A huge, broken cage stands in the center of the room, its bars bent and door smashed open.

One of Caromarc’s experiments was a fearsome, four-armed flesh golem made from dead girallons, and it seems to be here, seethed in anger.

Initiative:

Niculaie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Pontia: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Silas: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Sophie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Tara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Vivian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Creature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Niculaie
Pontia
Sophie
Vivian
Silas
Tara

Creature


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9
GM Fuzzfoot wrote:

I am not sure what Vivian sees, given what she appears to be looking at... but maybe we better keep this PG!

But where's the fun in that? ;P Ya gotta give me at least PG-13. :) :)

Finally seeing something upon which to focus his rage at being helpless, Silas yells out an incoherent cry and charges at the beast.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22 charge
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Silas' AC is 22 until his next turn.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia advances into the room, gesturing as she does so. A black mist coalesces around her hand and flies toward the construct, impacting it between its eyes.

Acid dart RTA vs. girollem: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Acid dart confirmation RTA vs. girollem: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Base damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Extra crit damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Spell resistance doesn't apply against Pontia's acid dart ability.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie moves into the room towards the stairs and begins to sing the first verse of his inspiring lament.

Arnisant was a warrior
From the Empire of the Setting Sun
A champion of Aroden
The Last Azlanti's will be done

Inspire Courage. Bardic performance rounds used at the end of the round: 10/14.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Without being aware of it, Silas begins humming along with Niculaie's song.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian moves on the battleground to fight side by side with her favorite pranks, jokes and innuendo target soldier

Let's try to put this one down too..Teamwork is the key! Anyone knows the weaknesses of this big boy (and I'm not talking about Silas!)?

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"Parrots!" Silas grunts out. "If you're looking for my weakness, I hate parrots."


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Since Nic acted before Silas and Pontia in the round, do we get the benefit of Inspire Courage for our attacks?


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

So, of course, Vivian mimicks Silas voice and words, rolling her Rs exageratly

"Parrrrrrots!""If you'rrrre looking forrrr my weakness, I hate parrrrrrrots."


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Thanks for pointing out the spell resistance thing, Pontia!

The beast's hide is tough, and Vivian is unable to penetrate it. Silas, however, just manages to catch the beast flat-footed, and thanks to Nic's catchy tune, he cuts the creature. It appears to me that Vivian's attack already included the Inspire bonus, but Silas' did not. If I am wrong on either account, let me know. Pontia's acid dart strikes the creature right in the face.

DC 20 Knowledge Arcana:

This is an Advanced variant girallon flesh golem. If you exceed the DC by 5 or more, you can ask more specific questions.

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Niculaie
Pontia
Sophie
Vivian
Silas
Tara
Creature (29 dmg 16 from Silas, 13 from Pontia)


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

DC 20 Knowledge (Arcana) check: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34

Interested in special attacks, and defenses other than construct traits.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Tara moves passed Sophie and spares a glance into the room. "It's a flesh golem! More specifically made out of a magical creature called a girallon, you can tell by the Gorilla like teeth and the fact that it has four arms." gesturing to the noticeable points in its anatomy, Tara flaps her hands, trying to come up with something useful. "Um, our Lady of the Graves, grant us the ability to put this poor creature out of its miserable existence!" she rambles off quickly, infusing everyone with Pharasma's blessing.

Know Aracana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Does this creature have special damage reduction? If so, what can pierce it?
Casting Bless; +1 to attacks, and saves vs fear


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

I will post soon


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

Sophie murmurs a prayer Divine favor and then strides into the room, longspear at the ready.

would Heroism still be up?


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Yes, I think it is ok to assume heroism is still active.

Knowledge checks for everyone:

AC 25, DR 5/adamantine; Immune construct traits, magic
Special Attacks berserk, rend (4 claws, 1d4+10)
You also Know: A magical attack that deals cold or fire damage slows a flesh golem (as the slow spell) for 2d6 rounds (no save).
A magical attack that deals electricity damage breaks any slow effect on the golem and heals 1 point of damage for every 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. If the amount of healing would cause the golem to exceed its full normal hit points, it gains any excess as temporary hit points. A flesh golem gets no saving throw against attacks that deal electricity damage.

Coin flip: 1d2 ⇒ 2

The creature tears and rips at Vivian, 4 claws at once. It is a gruesome site as it practically shreds her into pieces!

Claw: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Claw: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Claw: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Claw: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Damage: 4d4 + 28 + 1d4 + 10 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 2) + 28 + (2) + 10 = 53

That puts Vivian at -8 hp right now.

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Niculaie
Pontia
Sophie(heroism, divine favor)
Vivian (52 dmg, unconscious, bleeding)
Silas
Tara

Creature (29 dmg)

Bless is in effect


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

What doesn't kill us outright hurts quite a lot anyway..

Unconsciouness prevails.

Redhead in danger! Stop dying, stupid girl! DC 10: 1d20 + 2 - 8 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 8 = 14


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Niculaie continues to sing his lament for General Arnisant .

Arnisant the heartless Iomedan warrior
Taldor's bravest son...

He continues to hum, then sings out a phrase that crackles with arcane power - "Ungeți podeaua!" - and rubs a small bit of wax paper smeared with butter between the thumb and index finger of one hand. A glistening, oleaginous sheen coats the floor under the raging golem, making it too slippery (Niculaie hopes) for the creature to keep its feet.

Casting Grease, DC 15 Reflex save to avoid falling; if successful, DC 10 Acrobatics check to move through an affected square at half speed. Spell Resistance: No.

Bardic performance rounds used at the end of the round: 11/14.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

The slickness suddenly forming under it's massive bulk proves to catch the creature off-guard, and it slips and falls prone.

Vivian, while quite a mess, appears to be breathing and might just survive this battle.

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Niculaie
Pontia
Sophie(heroism, divine favor)

Vivian (52 dmg, unconscious, stable)
Silas
Tara

Creature (29 dmg, prone)

Bless is in effect


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

All his banter vanishes when Vivian falls and he channels his energy in hitting the thing as hard as he can.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 = 21
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Pre-rolling his AoO if/when the critter tries to get up.

Longsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 = 30
Longsword Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Don't forget about the bonus against a prone target.

Pontia looses another acid dart at the dangerous construct, but the second one misses its mark and sizzles against the paving stones.

Acid dart RTA, including inspiration: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR$ | RotRRed$ | Gallowspire

+4 for a prone target makes ALL the difference here - good call Pontia!

Silas hits the beast on the ground, hard and repeatedly.
We will wait to resolve AoO after the others get to go.

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Niculaie
Pontia
Sophie(heroism, divine favor)
Vivian (52 dmg, unconscious, prone)
Silas
Tara
Creature (52 dmg, prone)

Bless is in effect

3,601 to 3,650 of 4,104 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.