Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


301 to 350 of 4,102 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

"I would like to consult a library if the fee is reasonable. There seem to be unanswered questions that we need to learn about."


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Ok, everyone please declare what your character is doing on the third day, if anything.


Male M,

Sentir will go check out the Memorial. He will be sneaky. If he sees nothing, he'll swing around to the library. He welcomes anyone to join him. Stealth to sneak on Memorial: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sentir, by library do you mean the Unfurling Scroll or one of the other ones?


Male M,

Yes, the one that required payment to enter


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Sentir, I will join you at the Memorial and Library, assuming the fee is reasonable.


Male M,

Sentir winks at Teil and says, "And if it is not, perhaps we will obtain entrance in other ways. But let us hope we can get in with minimum fuss."


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

"Sentir and Tiel-- would you mind if I joined you at the Unfurling Scroll?"


Male M,

"Not in the slightest. You might have a better head for it then me, I merely like books, as an amateur. I am no man of learning, perhaps I can learn something from you, Doctor?" Sentir says amicably and heads towards the Memorial.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

One thing I forgot to mention, if you use a library, you can make Knowledge rolls untrained, but you don't get the bonus you'd ordinarily receive from using the library. My apologies for the oversight.

Sentir, Teilaenthis, Dr. Von Herzog, and Drace leave the Lorrimor residence to check first on the Harrowstone Memorial. The day is much more warmer than the previous two, and the bright sunlight seems to propose a rosier outlook than recent events have suggested.

Fortunately, there appears to be no further vandalism on the statue. Although most of the blood has been cleaned, there's is still a faded red splotch of a 'V' located on its base.

Those of the group who continue to the Unfurling Scroll find a medium sized building that is part classroom, part magical item store. With a few children currently reading in the school section, an old man with a widow's peak greets the group in a rather professorial manner, "Good day to you, my name is Alendru Ghoroven, and, based on information from the townfolk, I take you to be the group staying with Ms. Lorrimor. Furthermore, I have heard rumors that you have been asking to gain access to some of the local libraries. I am willing to allow you access to my own, but I must ask a browsing fee of 10 gold pieces per day for the group. Times are tough, I'm sure you understand. If it's magical items you are looking for, I can facilitate that as well, but I ask that you wait until recess."

If you agree to pay the 10gp for the group, let me know how you're paying for it. If you spend the rest of the day studying, you can make either a Knowledge (history) or Knowledge (local) to research Harrowstone with a +2 bonus, or make the roll untrained without the +2 bonus.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian will stroll around in the town, trying to get some information on Ravengro in general and Harrowstone in particular. She keeps an amiable face and a warm smile, listening when she can.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

For Harrowstone, I will seek informations among the "old timers" of the town (people more than fifty years old), trying to make them speak about the prison and whatever happened when they were young. Then I'll talk with the teenagers and young adult (15-20): maybe they have gone near the prison for a date or a dare?


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Stefan is untrained in both knowledge (local) and (history). Untrained, he's at +3. Perhaps it would be better for him to use the Aid Another action to boost someone else's roll.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Tara wakes up slightly later than everyone else, only to mosey down to the kitchen to help herself to a piece of toast. Chewing quietly it takes her a moment to realize that everyone was absent and that the manor was quiet. "Well crud..." she mumbles to herself, before disappearing to get dressed and catch up with someone.

Exiting the Lorrimor estate, Tara pauses for a moment to check her coin purse. Tara lets out a groan upon seeing only ten silver pieces left before going to visit the church of Pharasma again. Today was going to be different. Opening the gothic door of the Pharsmian church, Tara strolls in, waiting to see Father Grimburrow.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

"Very well, here is your gold." Teileanthis hands over ten gold pieces. Expensive, but then it is difficult to value knowledge.

Once the gold is accepted he adds, "My party includes Dr. Stefan Von Herzog, Tara Eliade, Vivian DeBerth, Sentir Damutu, Drace Cross, and Ms. Lorrimor. Please make note that they have right to the library as some may be along later in the day."

Teilaenthis then spends the day researching. He encourages others to assist him with his history research by purusing books looking for key words.

Marked off the money he didn't spend during character generation.

Know History: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Know Local aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

If applicable:
Know Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Know Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male M,

Snetirs seats himself beside Teil, and tries to help best he can. He has always enjoyed reading and libraries and finds himself relaxing int he atmosphere, which seems hundreds of miles from restless undead and chilly crypts.

Aid Other Know History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Darn it, Sorry Teil. I tried!

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"Hey I think I found something interesting." Drace said as he brought a book over to the group. He wasn't the kind for heavy study, but sometimes he got lucky. "Is this useful?"

Knowledge History: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Vivian

Canvasing the village for the better part of the day, Vivian unfortunately doesn't learn any facts about Harrowstone that her group didn't already pick up from Drace and Sentir's visit to the inn yesterday, but an older lady does offer up one rumor, "Stay away from that place, girl! They say that Harrowstone’s executioner still guards the execution balcony on the western side of the prison, and that on some nights, his scythe can be seen patrolling the balcony on its own, as if carried by an invisible spirit!"

Harrowstone information repeated to Vivian:

Harrowstone is a ruined prison— partially destroyed by a fire in 4661, the building has stood vacant ever since. The locals suspect that it’s haunted, and don’t enjoy speaking of the place.

Harrowstone was built in 4594. Ravengro was founded at the same time as a place where guards and their families could live and that would produce food and other supplies used by the prison. The fire that killed all of the prisoners and most of the guards destroyed a large portion of the prison’s underground eastern wing, but left most of the stone structure above relatively intact. The prison’s warden perished in the fire, along with his wife, although no one knows why she was in the prison when the fire occurred. A statue commemorating the warden and the guards who lost their lives was built in the months after the tragedy—that statue still stands on the riverbank just outside of town.

* * *
Group at Library

Sentir, you forgot to add in the +2 library bonus, so you do indeed aid.

Going through the old man's school/wizard library, the group appears to be on the verge of a breakthrough once they start working together.

Waiting for Stefan to make his Knowledge check before revealing what you've found here.

* * *
Tara

Tara finds Father Grimburrow sitting in the temple by himself, his expression suggesting quiet reflection. Upon seeing another cleric of the faith, he offers a friendly enough smile and stands, "Hello my child, I did not think I would see you so soon again. What might I do for you?"


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Stefan also goes through the books, looking for anything related to Harrowstone prison. He places bookmarks in any relevant passages, and brings them to Tiel for further study.

Knowledge (history) {untrained}-aid another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Library Group

With some cooperation, the fellows at the Unfurling Scroll find an obscure reference in an oral history of region that is relevant to the investigation. While most of the book concerns boring details on the lives of farmers and local merchants, one section contains the remembrances of a surviving guard of the Harrowstone fire. The majority of his account reflects details of which the group is already aware, but there is a series of facts that you hadn't yet encountered.

At the time Harrowstone burned, five particularly notorious criminals had recently arrived at the prison. While the commonly held belief is that the tragic fire began accidentally after the riot began, in fact the prisoners had already seized control of the dungeon and had been in command of the lower level for several hours before the fire. Warden Hawkran triggered a deadfall to seal the rioting prisoners in the lower level, but in so doing trapped himself and nearly two dozen guards. The prisoners were in the process of escaping when the panicked guards accidentally started the fire in a desperate attempt to end the riot.

With that, you have discovered all the general details about Harrowstone, but now that you know there were 5 notorious criminals housed there at the time, you can now look into their identities if you wish. The Five Criminals investigation uses Knowledge (history) or Knowledge (local) and can be researched only in either the Ravengro Town Hall or Temple of Pharasma. I will place these details in the Campaign Info tab.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Perking up at the sight of the older cleric, Tara subconsciously straightens her vestments before speaking. "Good morning Father Grimburrow! I was able to do some research yesterday at the Lorrimor estate, and I was wondering if I could have access to the library housed here, or if you know who I would need to talk to in order to gain access to the library at the Ravengro town hall? Mr. Arcanos and I tried to stop by there yesterday, but it was locked." Offering a cheerful smile, Tara appears to be trying to make a good impression with the Father.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Male M,

Sentir sits back and wipes his eyes free of old book dust and cobwebs. they had been at it for hours and we was astounded at the material they had covered. Teil and, somewhat surprisingly, Drace had an enormous capacity for ferreting out clues. Sentir himself had beeen little help, perhaps a hindrance. His suggestion of the returning vandal had also been a bad idea and came to nothing.

Feeling a bit depressed and useless he looks at the fellow library group, "So what now? Do we seek out more information on these five, tell the town what we have found, or go off on our own to explore this jail? My vote doesn't count for much after today so I'll pass on voting for now. Any thoughts?"


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Tara

The older cleric chuckles to himself, "My, my, you certainly are persistent! As I explained yesterday, the library is currently being reorganized, but I have put my very best acolyte in charge of looking up that scarab symbol for you. If you want access to the Town Hall library, I would imagine you'll want to speak to one of the Councilmen or women, although a young lady like yourself would want to stay away from Gharen Muricar, he is a bit of a rake."

If you want to do anything else on this day, Tara, go ahead and post it at your convenience and make any necessary rolls (such as Diplomacy) in that post.

As for everyone else, please let me know what, if anything, you wish to do in the evening.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Tara offers Father Grimburrow a cheeky smile, "Well yes, father, I love pursuing knowledge. It is my greatest passion. Thank you for your time. I appreciate it. Please let me know if there is any service I can provide for this church. I will be in town for the foreseeable future." Offering a wave over her shoulder, Tara slips out of the gothic style building and onto the dirt path, towards Gharen Muricar's home, ignoring Father Grimburrow's warning about the man. She had survived the horrors of Queen Ileosa's reign, she could handle a pervy councilman.

As she approaches the councilman's home, Tara attempts to ensure that she looks as professional and innocent as possible. She does not want to appear to invite any more unwarranted advance's. Knocking loudly on the estate, She waits patiently, with a pleasant smile. "Good morning, I was wondering if I could speak with Councilman Muricar? My name is Tara Eliade, and I was hoping to get to know him, as well as the rest of the council better." Offering a charming smile, Tara feels her heart begin to race in excitement. She could almost smell the well worn pages of the public library, now. Shaking her head to focus, Tara hopes that she is coming off more sincere, than shady.

Bluff to see the Councilman: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Add +2 if the person answering the door could be attracted to Tara, because of her green widow heritage.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Tara

Although the home of Councilman Muricar isn't quite as well maintained as some of the other residences in the area, it's still quite large and secured by wooden privacy fence. Tara makes her way through the unlocked gate and raps on the door, and an older man answers it shortly afterwards, appearing a little confused and disheveled. Tara recognizes him as a member of the Lorrimor funeral procession who accompanied Councilman Hearthmount.

His eyes linger on her a little longer than would be considered polite, but something in his glance suggests suspicion of her motives, "That's me, and I remember you quite well from the other day. Why are you so interested in town government? Is there perhaps something else you're after?"

GM Screen:

SM: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Feeling her cheeks darken slightly, Tara offers a slight shrug. "Mostly curiosity of trying to put names to faces. I have also heard from Father Grimburrow that you could possibly offer access to the Ravengo town library?" Brushing a piece of her bangs out of her face, Tara pauses for a moment before continuing. "After all, it shouldn't be a problem for such a powerful man like yourself, to allow temporary access to a public location?" Attempting to lean casually against the door frame, Tara misses, and ends up falling over. Flustered and embarrassed, the cleric is able to put together that the councilman is not impressed.

Standing up and brushing off her cloths, Tara offers a slight bow, "I'm sorry for wasting your time, Councilman. I hope you have a good rest of your day." Offering a semi-curt nod, Tara briskly turns and walks back to the Lorrimor house, feeling downtrodden and useless.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Naturally, I cannot roll above single digits. I will just slump off to the Lorrimor estate now...


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Councilman Muricar attempts to help Tara up, but by the time the elderly man reaches over she's already standing up, "I'll be honest with you, we don't really let outsiders access our town records. Although, if I were to get to know you better, maybe that would be a different story." He waggles his eyebrows and smirks, "Watch your step and good day to you!"

Sorry that you're having such trouble with the diplomacy checks, I know that can get frustrating. You may want to consider trying to speak to the NPC's in a group so get some aid another checks to help you.

Assuming Tara is done with day actions, please post your evening actions. Since it's the weekend, I'll give you all 48 hours to post before moving onto Day 4.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian comes back to Lorrimor's house,and refresh herself, changing clothes.

she engages in chit chat with Kendra, while helping her with the housework

The townfolks keep quiet. They are polite, mostly, but I have an hard time getting some useful information. Let's hope we can hear some interesting gossip tonight at the tavern, between the drinks and the bard's music. Even if we don't, it will be a welcome change, and we'll be able to know each other more.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Is anyone else joining Vivian at the tavern/inn?


Male M,

I will, at least to fill her in on the library finds!


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

If anyone else wants to join Vivian, Sentir, and Kendra at the inn, feel free to jump in.

The common room of the Outward Inn is partially full of the local folk this evening, all who've come to see the bard Alphonse. Overhearing the background chatter, apparently the man usually plies his trade in Caliphas, but dyes his short beard blue in an antiquated Taldan style.

The room is warm with the odor of stale ale lingering in the air, although all the windows are open to the night air mitigating temperature and odor slightly. The group is able to find a table easily, and the locals only pay slight attention to the strangers, as the excitement of an evening of entertainment distracts them from their worries and prejudices.

Go ahead and set yourselves up in the scene so I know who's going to be involved. Kendra is there as well, looking a bit dour in her black dress. If you have a preference for which table to sit at, there's one near the door, one in a corner and one by the bar available. The bar is full enough that you wouldn't be able to sit together there.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Not wanting to miss the opportunity for food, Drace will come with the aprty and order a meal for the evening. "Lets sit by the windows and door, the heat and smell will only get worse as the night goes on." Drace suggests.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Anyone else interested in being involved? Vivian said she'll be gone until around Wednesday, but I would like to move forward before then.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Joining his companions at the Inn after a day of study, the Teifling is more upbeat than he has been. He shares the fruits of their research with the group adding, "... and so it seems that the Temple or Town Hall might have additional information about these Five Criminals. While it may be history, we seem to be dealing with something ancient that Lorrimor was investigating. I would suggest we try to explore these leads through more research."


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

As the group of Kendra, Vivian, Sentir, Drace, and Teilaenthis settle down around a table and order their food and drinks, the bard Alphonse appears in a puff of smoke. A tall man a well-oiled beard dyed blue and patchwork cloak, he begins the entertainment with a series of bad jokes, before proceeding to juggling. Spending most of their lives starved of entertainment, many of the villagers begin to toss copper coins into the floppy hat thoughtfully provided by the bard.

Alphonse then segues into music, as he begins singing some traditional folk songs while playing the lyre. His voice is a clear, crisp baritone and his playing is impeccable, and the crowd is quickly mesmerized by the music.

Shortly after beginning his third song, a pair of cat-sized insectoid creatures with long needle-like noses fly into one of the open windows near the party, buzzing with agitation.

Knowledge (arcana) to identify these creatures.

Here is a link to the map.

PC Initiative + Kendra
Drace's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Sentir's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Teilaenthis' Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Vivian's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Kendra's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

GM Screen:

Stirge's Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Initiative
Drace <= Up
2 Creatures
Vivian
Teilaenthis
Kendra
Sentir

Drace is up!

Stefan and Tara can participate in this if they want, just roll initiative and place yourselves at the door, with the assumption you joined the group late.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Drace springs into action, moving to block an avenue for the creatures while drawing his sword and slashing wildly at them.

Scimitar Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Scimitar Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

The creature's fly around Drace's attempt to hit them with his sword, then converge into his personal space. The first attempts to puncture him with his needle nose, but only hits his armor. The second, however, manages to impale him in the neck and begins to drain him of blood. Drace takes 1 point of Constitution damage from blood loss. He can take an attack of opportunity on the first one who entered his space.

GM Screen:

White touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Black touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d100 ⇒ 41
K's arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Confused by this development, Kendra nevertheless reacts with speed to touch Vivian and give her a bit of luck in case she engages the creatures in combat. "They are blood sucking beasts known as stirges. It's unlikely they'll drain him completely, but they have been known to carry disease." She explains to the group with a frown.

Initiative (Round 1)
Drace [1 Con dmg]<= Up
2 Creatures
Vivian <= Up
Teilaenthis <= Up
Kendra
Sentir <= Up

Vivian, Teil, Sentir, and Drace are up, along with Drace's AoO. I'll bot Vivian once everyone else takes their attacks if she hasn't returned by then.


Drace can't seem to find a handle as the creature invades his personal space. "Ah! S#$%!"

Scimitar Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Scimitar Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

My apologies, but I failed to mention an important detail in my rush to get that last post out, the stirge with the black in its background is current attached to Drace and continuing to feed on him. That last roll Drace made can be for the AoO, so you can take another action if you like. The way that attach works is this: It's grappled onto its target so it takes grapple penalties, but the target does not take grapple penalties. You can remove it with a grapple check or escape artist, or just try to kill it with your weapon.

Also, everyone can make a Perform check if they wish to notice something:

Perform DC 15 (can be made untrained):

The stirges' wings and motions seem weirdly choreographed to the music, as if they were moving to the rhythm.


Male M,

Sentir gagged as the ..stirge jabbed Drace in the neck and made the doughty fighter curse in pain and fear. Pushing back from the table, Sentir fumbles for his crossbow and fires a bolt at the stirge attached to Drace.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sentir, it looks like you forgot to take into account the -4 to weapon attack rolls that occurs as part of your curse. However, a natural 20 always hits and is a potential crit.

Sentir's critical confirmation roll: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Sentir's crossbow bolt flies across the room to stick deep inside the stirge with a bloody splat. The dying creature releases its grip on Drace and falls to the floor.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Teil draws his axe and swings at the creature, but misses as he over-corrects trying not to harm his companion.

Axe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Perform: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

* * *
Previously, at the Lorrimor residence...

Stefan looks up from a book when Vivian invites everyone to the tavern. "Thank-you so much for the invitation, but if it's all the same to you, I think I'll remain here tonight."

Question for GM: Would it be possible to attempt more research on the Whispering Way at the Lorrimor library while the rest of the party is at the tavern?


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Stefan, you can if you don't mind staying up late into the night (1-2 am).

Teilaenthis swings his weapon at the remaining stirge, but the creature successfully uses Drace's body as a barrier to avoid the attack.

Vivian moves into combat with the help of Kendra's magical boost, and slices into the flying parasite with her short sword. The creatures crashes to the ground next to its companion.

Vivian short sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Combat Over

As the short fight against the stirges comes to its end, the inn's patrons stream quickly out the door just short of a panicked state, while the bard Alphonse looks terrified and confused at what just happened, "What is all this? Your towns aren't even safe?!?"

From behind the bar, the inn's owner Sarianna appears relieved now that the stirge threat has been handled, but troubled perhaps because it happened in her establishment.

Kendra Perform: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Vivian Perform: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"The creatures moved with the music." Vivian observes in an atypically quiet, terse voice.


Male M,

Sentir moves up to Drace and looks at the puncture mark on his neck. "Doesn't look too bad, Drace." he adds, hoping he isn't lying.

Untrained heal Check, to comfort the poor guy: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Then the oracle goes on, "The music set them off? This town is getting worse and worse. We need to do something. I think we can safely point out that it is the prison?".


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Examining the wound, it appears to Sentir that the stirges' merely poke a small hole into their victims which quickly seals afterwards, causing no substantial injury other than potential blood loss.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Back! I missed the action, it seems.

Not wanting some spooky blood sucking beast to ruin the mood of their first time in the tavern, Vivian takes charge, winking to Sarianna and telling the bard to play

Perform, singin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

She sings a few lovely balads, an epic tale about a knight fighting valiantly the forces of darkness, using the dead creatures for comic relief and Drace as the "valiant knight" impersonator, and finishes with a few more rowdy songs to put the crowd in a better mood, finishing with her favorite, the Wild Rover, clapping loudly in her hands at the appropriate times

I've been a wild rover for many a year
And I spent all my money on whiskey and beer,
And now I'm returning with gold in great store
And I never will play the wild rover no more.

chorus: And it's no, nay, never,
No nay never no more,
Will I play the wild rover
No never no more.

I went to an ale-house I used to frequent
And I told the landlady my money was spent.
I asked her for credit, she answered me "nay
Such a custom as yours I could have any day."

chorus

I took from my pocket ten sovereigns bright
And the landlady's eyes opened wide with delight.
She said "I have whiskey and wines of the best
And the words that I spoke sure were only in jest."

chorus

I'll go home to my parents, confess what I've done
And I'll ask them to pardon their prodigal son.
And if they caress (forgive) me as ofttimes before
Sure I never will play the wild rover no more

chorus

The Wild rover, by the Dubliners

Then she will look at Drace's wound closely, to make sure it won't be infected, and playfully delivers a slight kiss on his boo-boo.

Heal on Drace: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Last, she will speak with Sarianna, to make sure she's ok and happy with the performance (and to get a fresh ale after all this singing, of course..). If anymore money was given for the duo, she will left it to the bard, taking just one copper piece as a lucky charm.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Vivian's plan doesn't work out quite as well as she would like. Most of the guests leave after the stirge attack, and Alphonse shoots daggers at her attempt to take over his performance before walking out with an angry flourish with his hat full of copper pieces.

The few patrons that do remain appear to enjoy her singing, but even that is masked by the cloud of recent events and having to witness the Inn's staff clean up the bloody stirge mess.

"I do appreciate your attempt to help, darling, but the night is ruined. Don't worry about your bill, I'll cover it." Sarianna says after a couple of songs, ushering the group out the door.

Ok, Stefan can make a research check for the evening and the rest of you can talk over recents events, but otherwise please let me know what each of you wish to do on Day 4. You may want to collaborate on Diplomacy checks if you want access to the Temple or Town Hall libraries.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"Thanks for the help." Drace said feeling slightly lightheaded. "[b]Caught me off guard, but better me than anyone else."

"What is happening to this town?" Drace shook his head. "Bizarre incidents. I suppose Stirges aren't common here?"

Drace is happy to call an end to the day here. For the next day however Drace will suggest the group of them - possibly with Kendra going to visit the temple in hopes of getting access to the library there.


Male M,

Sentir looks at the others, "I think perhaps it is time to go to the Town Hall and demand entrance? By this point we have enough evidence and have saved some people, they should let us in. If not....We need to get in. Who knows what'll happen next?".


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Tara, do you think we could get into the temple of Pharasma and try to gain access to their library? We should try to find any information on the five prisoners. Why these five would be more important than any other prisoners?

301 to 350 of 4,102 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.