Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


201 to 250 of 4,072 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Ok, are you all going to visit the Restlands in the evening then? I'll give you all a little time to discuss any planning you want to do, as well as give everyone a chance to confirm their involvement.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

As all of the other guests at the Lorrimor residence return and gather in Kendra's parlor, Stefan closes the book he'd been perusing. He removes his reading spectacles, placing them in his jacket pocket, and looks up.

"Ah. We have all reconvened! Please, everyone, tell us what you've learned so far today. I'll start. I met with the town's apothecary. She seemed very nice, but quite reserved. Indeed, it seems that just about everyone in town," he pauses to look at the company's hostess, "with the notable exception of our gracious hostess, seems to be somewhat wary of strangers. And we've only been here one day. Other than that, I've been going through Petros' personal library, looking for more information about this enigmatic Whispering Way. Alas, while I've confirmed what I already knew about this shadowy cabal, I haven't gleaned anything new."

The doctor then pauses and looks to the rest of the group to share what information they have uncovered.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I'll let Drace do the talking, if you don't mind. I'm shy and quiet as a mouse, as you all know.

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Vivian can't hold it and laughs at herself.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Drace nods at the doctor's explanation of the day, then joins on the laughter after Vivian speaks. "Sentir's and mine's shopping trip didn't turn up anything particularly useful, at least not until we got to the Outward Inn."

"The history of the prison fits with a fair bit we already know - It was built in 4594, partially destroyed by a fire in 4661, and the locals now think it's haunted." Drace pauses to catch a breath. "The fire was likely started during a riot within the prison, a number of prisoners rioted and gained control of the lower dungeons. Like we found out this morning, it was only because of the guards that the prisoners didn't escape out into the town. The one interesting point of note though, is that the fire destroyed the underground eastern wing. The rest of the structure should be relatively intact."

"I think superstition played a large role in not rebuilding the prison afterwards." Drace continued. "With our information largely confirmed and Sentir's...augury, we might be best to pay a visit to the crypts the Professor spoke about."

"I'm not of a particularly scholarly bent, but I've heard a bad death can sometimes cause restless spirits. Dying in a blazing prison fire would definitely upset me."


Male M,

Sentir, despite the chilling stuff of which they spoke, cracked a smile at Drace’s comment. “Indeed, it would.” Then he grows sober again, “I believe this could be the break we are looking for. It is obvious the town is just as clueless as us, and I feel that there is a very deep evil at work here. But time is of the essence. The augury is only of use for limited time. Strictly speaking, it has already expired but it is still a risk worth taking, at least in my opinion.” He looks around the crowded room. “It is better to do it now then wait for things to get worse. It might be worse than creepy childern’s songs and blood vandalism tomorrow.”


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Whooops, sorry, nearly forgot the most really important part of my trip, with all that talk about spooky scary things...

Vivian searches in her small bag, and got a beautiful scarf out, presenting it to Miss Lorrimor with a kind smile.

This is for you, Kendra.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Kendra appears genuinely surprised by Vivian's gift, "Oh my, you shouldn't have!" She gives the scarf a quick examination and places it around her neck to show it off, "Thank you for the gift, that was quite thoughtful."

Assuming Tara and Teil are on board as earlier indicated, please let me know if you have any special plans for the trip to the Restlands. More specifically, if you're going to take any pains to avoid being seen traveling there. Also, since it will be dark with only a half-moon's worth illumination, you may want to consider bringing light sources or not, if you wish to remain stealthy.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

"We learned little as the libraries were mostly closed to us. I believe that the Restlands will be our next step."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Drace has a number of sunrods he's happy to give out to whoever will have a spare hand. Drace would recommend taking the long way around to the Restlands and not pass through the town proper, there's less of a chance that people would see them moving through the west side of the town as through cutting through it.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

"Normally, I'd be inclined to ask for the permission of Father Grimburrow before we go traipsing about a graveyard, looking for a forgotten cache. However, given that we've been rebuffed so far at every request for aid, it may indeed be prudent to search on our own. If we do go in that direction, I would urge the utmost caution. I fear that our reputation would fall further if we were to be seen skulking about the graveyard at night."


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

After a brief discussion of recent findings which lead the group to a consensus that an examination of the false crypt should be their next step, the nascent party departs for the Restlands. The air is cool and crisp on this early spring night, with the only illumination coming from the half moon in the sky. The only sound in the night is the occasional hoot of a nearby barn owl. Dim Light conditions in effect unless you have Darkvision or a light source.

The group takes a rather longer route than necessary to avoid any unpleasant questions from the locals, although with the lack of activity anywhere it would seem that their insular dispositions keep everyone indoors after sundown.

Upon reaching the cemetery, the party passes through the southwest gate with no difficulties and makes progress on its way past scores of gravestones to the location mentioned in Lorrimor's journal.

Vivian:

One particular headstone's inscription stands out to you. It reads:

Dr. Stefan Von Herzog

“Come to my world, and be as I;
as I am now, soon you will be;
embrace your end and witness me.”

Died 4661 AR

GM Screen:

Drace's Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Sentir's Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Stefan's Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Tara's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Teilaenthis' Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Vivian's Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
1d5 ⇒ 3


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian stops and stands wide eyed at the headstone, trying to make sense of what she just read.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Everyone else that looks at the headstone other than Vivian:

You see nothing but a timeworn, illegible inscription.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

The redhead keeps the thing for herself, but is spooked.

What? I can't believe it... it can't be a coincidence. Maybe my brain is too much reactive...

Then some anger shows on her face
How? I don't care why, I'll find out who and maybe how, but I'll put an end to this heresy. This is my goddess holy place, a sanctuary for the dead, a place to mourn and to cry for the living. This ain't the place for dark, twited tricks. I got nothing against a joke or prank, but this was bad taste.

She traces a spiral over her heart and continues toward the false crypt, becoming quite silent,discreet and on the alert

stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

If Vivian looks at the headstone again:

What was formerly written on the stone is gone, replaced now with a timeworn, illegible inscription.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Weird. Could it have been an omen from Pharasma? She's the weaver of our Fate, after all... But why me? Sentir or Tara are servants of the gods, not me-despite my mommy's best efforts- they should have seen something, be warned...

Vivian frowns, nearly speaks to the other, and finally keeps silent.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"We should almost be there." Drace said as they walked through the cemetery at the lead of the party. "Stay sharp and watch the ground, don't let it trip you up in the dark."


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Seeing Vivian staring at a timeworn headstone, and tgen making the sign of the Lady of Graves, the doctor whispers, "Is there something wrong with that stone? You seem troubled by it."


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Tara is kept at a light half-jog to keep pace with Drace, so that she can keep him in sight. The world always looked so strange to her at twilight, with the colors of the setting sun mixed with the black and white of hidden objects. Passing by the tombstones Tara touches them lightly, an old habit picked up as a child. She pauses when she feels that most of the group is not following. "Ms. Deberth, Dr. Von Herzog, is there something amiss?"


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Well, I might have seen something... But I misread. A name of someone I knew, if only by name. As I am not native of theses part, I was surprised, and startled.

The best lies are those with some truth in it.

But Vivian isn't as sure of herself as usual, still ill at ease by what she saw
Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male M,

Sentir watches Vivian closely. Obviously she has seen something to startle here yet...on a dark and gloomy night in Ustalav, such a thing was not unheard of. Sentir moves forward, picking his way in the weird half-light of the evening.

“Come on, let's keep moving. No use hanging around and letting our nerves get the best of us, right Vivian?” He offers it as a way for her to escape the other';s questions. He would....interrogate her later. Sentir moves forward looking for the false crypt, with prying eyes.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

The cemetery is remarkably still and quiet, the only sounds at the moment coming from the voices and shoes of the party. There is nothing to be seen other than rows of tombstones and the occasional mausoleum, although darkness obscures most corners of the Restlands.

Moving to the northeast corner of the cemetery, the party reaches the intersection of Eversleep and the Black Path as detailed in Lorrimor's journal. Nearby is a freestanding granite mausoleum, the roof of which is decorated with a pair of leering gargoyle statues. A single stone door with a rusty-looking lock sits in the mausoleum’s south façade.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Feeling that Vivian is not be entirely truthful, about what she saw, Tara furrows her brow before turning and moving onward. Upon reaching the mausoleum the cleric lets out a whistle. The mausoleum was impressive in its craftsmanship. "Well, here we are. Ms. Deberth, will you do the honors of gaining us access? I would hate to cause harm to this memorial, even if it is a fake one." As Tara speaks, she ensures that her spell component pouch and holy symbol are in easy to reach places, just in case.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

The usually over talkative redhead simply nods, and looks at the door, trying to find traps or anything unusual. She seems still nervous.

Take 10 for total 16 Perception


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Vivian does not find any traps, but a quick examination of the lock reveals that the clasp has been melted by what looks like acid. Nevertheless, the lock was put back into place to make it appear as though it was still locked.

Assuming the group is going to go inside, please give me a rough marching order.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Look at this... the lock's clasp have been melted, probably by acid. I guess this is Prof Lorrimor's work: he could access the fake crypt without difficulty, and no one else would bother looking at the lock too closely, meaning he was the only one knowing the door wasn't truly locked. That's cunning. Drace, you come with me? As soon as we are inside, we'll need some discreet light. Last one in close the door, please, we don't want to attract attention.

suggested march order (even if we are in late April ^^) : Drace/ Vivian, Tara/Stefan, Sentir/Teil


Male M,

Despite his ravening curiosity, Sentir hovers near the back of the group. Although he'd love to be first to see what the crypt contains it seems better to allow cunning (and talented?) Vivian and heavily armed Drace go first, if anything lurked below.

Stamping his feet against the cool air he approaches the strange and often silent Teil saying, “Bit of a scary place eh? I wonder what we will find below!” He hopes the attempt to make conversation won't go astray.

I'm cool with Vivian's April order.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"Huh. I guess they don't check around here that often." Drace said commenting on the lock, as he nodded at Vivian. "Sounds good to me."

Marching order works for me! Drace will take the time to equip his shield, but will keep his sword still sheathed.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

The teifling has his sheild and sword ready as he says, "Hmm... Could also not be Lorrimor. We best be on our guard."

Teil is mostly built to melee, not cast. If the idea is to have him as rear guard that is fine, but he's not a pure caster type.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

With minor resistance, the heavy stone door opens with a slight grinding sound, revealing a set of stone stairs that lead down into the darkness. Those of you without Darkvision cannot see anything past five feet, although Tara and Teilaenthis can see the stairs lead down into the cold earth to a large crypt lined with empty niches, devoid of the dead. At the opposite end of the room 25 feet from the stairs, stand two doors on the east and west side of the north wall.

If you wish to go down the stairs and can see, you may make a Perception check.

Perception DC 15:

You find faint tracks in the dirt and dust that suggest a single humanoid wearing boots has been here recently.

Survival DC 18, if someone makes the previous Perception check and points it out to the group:

You are able to follow the tracks to the north door on the east side.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Once all are inside the mausoleum, the doctor pulls the door closed behind them, leaving it ajar just a crack. He intones arcane words and gestures with his right hand. The large, heavy ring on his finger glows slightly, and then a orb appears in his hand, glowing with an eerie greenish light. He releases the orb and it floats above his head. With a gesture, another orb, and then another appear. He points down the stairs, and two of the three orbs float ten feet down the stairs.

Casts dancing lights.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Pointing at the footprints in the dust, the doctor remarks, "It would appear that we are indeed not the first to come this way recently."


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

"So then the lock was likely not Lorrimor?"


Male M,

"No wind, no rain down here. Could very well be the Professor's tracks, still here but...the journal did not mention a trip into the crypt. Keep your guard up." The young man adds, unnecessarily.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

"If he had been here the day he died, he may very well not have had a chance to update his journal of what he liberated from this old Pharasmin cache."


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Flinching as the bright light suddenly appears, Tara rubs her violet eye fervently to try and removing the phantom spots. "I'm positive that if we encounter any trouble, we will be able to handle it. Strength in numbers and what-not." Her left eye clear from the spots, Tara shuffles slightly over to allow Drace to be the first to descend the stairs.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Looking to see where the Doctor points after casting the lights. Drace shrugs. "I can't make it out unfortunately. Thankfully there's only forward to go."

Drace heads deeper down the stairs motioning for the lights to follow him.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Drace leads the way into the darkened rooms, illuminated currently by the Doctor's short-term light spell. Going through one of the stone doors, the group finds itself in a small, empty alcove with more stairs leading down, this time to a stone sarcophagus in the center of the room. Continuing down the stairs, Tara and Teilanthis hear a barely audible chittering sound before two incredibly large segmented insects move forward aggressively from an unlit corner of the bottom room!

It's a Knowledge (nature) check to identify these creatures.

Here is a link to the map. You can move your own icons if you like or add details about your spell effects, etc. as you would like.

PC Perception Rolls
Drace's Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Sentir's Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Stefan's Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Tara's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Teilaenthis' Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Vivian's Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

GM Screen:

White Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Black Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Monster init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

PC Initiative Rolls
Drace's Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Sentir's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Stefan's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Tara's Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Teilaenthis' Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Vivian's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Initiative (Surprise Round)
Teilaenthis <= Up
2 Giant Insects
Vivian <= Surprised
Stefan <= Surprised
Sentir <= Surprised
Drace <= Surprised
Tara

Teilaenthis can take a Surprise Round action.


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

The teifling moves quickly to place himself between Vivian and the insects, shield and axe at the ready.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

This will probably be my only chance to post today.

Note to GM:
If possible, Stefan will attempt to position himself to catch both of the centipedes in a burning hands spell. Barring that, he'll defend himself with his walking stick (used as a club).


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sensing danger, Teilaenthis sprints forward to protect Vivian from the insect threat.

The insects do not appear to mind having a potential meal come to them and both attempt to bite Teilaenthis with their incredibly large mandibles. Fortunately, the Occulist manages to deflect the two bites with the help of his shield.

GM Screen:

White bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Black bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Initiative (Surprise Round)
Teilaenthis
2 Giant Insects
Vivian <= Surprised
Stefan <= Surprised
Sentir <= Surprised
Drace <= Surprised
Tara <= Up

Tara may take a surprise round action.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Running her thumb over her well-worn holy symbol, Tara closes her eyes for a brief moment. "Mother of Souls, fill us with the courage to face down whatever challenge lays before us!" Tara speaks clearly, as she does, a bright light fills the whole room, filling her allies with courage.

Standard action to cast Bless. Everyone gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Tara quickly reacts to the situation by granting Pharasma's blessing to the group.

Initiative (Round 2)
Teilaenthis <= Up
2 Giant Insects
Vivian
Stefan
Sentir
Drace
Tara

Effects
Bless: +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and fear saves

Teilaenthis is up!


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Teilaenthis keeps his shield in place defensivley and swings with his axe at the giant insect.

Axe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

These bugs are yucky... thank you for helping, Teil!


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Teilaenthis' axe solidly connects with the carapace of one of the wolf sized insects, nearly breaking it into two halves. With it's antennae wobbling with pain, the damaged insect withdraws from combat and slips through a small crack in the eastern wall. The remaining creature lunges forward and snaps into the Occultist with its mandibles, injuring him slightly. As it pulls away, Teilaenthis can see some sort of venonmous substance oozing out of the insects mouth. Teil takes 1 point of damage and needs to make a Fort save vs. poison. The other insect made a withdrawal action so no AoO.

GM Screen:

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Initiative (Rounds 2-3)
Teilaenthis [1 Dmg, Fort save needed] <= Up
1 Giant Insect
Vivian <= Up
Stefan <= Up
Sentir <= Up
Drace <= Up
Tara <= Up

Effects
Bless: +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and fear saves

Everyone is up!


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

The redhead walks toward the end of the room to get a proper aim, unfolds her sling and sends a stone flying

Sling, Bless,in Melee: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 - 4 = 9
dmg, bless: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

But it fails to connect


Male M,

Sentir's eyebrows raise as he watches Teil dispatch the noxious pest with ease and grins as it runs off, back into the chill darkness.

"Well swung!" he shouts to his associate, then gasps as he watches Teil get bit by the other. That poison looked quite nasty. He hoped it was better then it looked.

Hoping to avoid any more surprises, Sentir looks around the darkened false crypt closely, taking in the shadowy space. To help with that, he puts up his staff, and casts a spell on it, to brighten the gloomy room. The oracle moves forward slightly, ready for any sort of ambush.

Knowledge History on Room and sarcophagus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Cast Light on Quaterstaff. Also moves forward.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Drace moves in a line to block the bug from attacking the rest of the party, then swipes out with his scimitar at the bug.

Scimitar Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Scimitar Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

The doctor moves quickly into the crypt to the far wall, turning toward the dog-sized insect. He intones arcane words and gestures with his right hand, then holds it before him, palm out. His ring glows with an orange light, and a cone of flame jets out of his hand, engulfing the giant bug.

Casts burning hands, area marked on map.

Fire damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1 ...reflex save DC 14 half.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Flexing her fingers, Tara feels her palms begin to itch as her nails begin to slightly elongate. Cracking her neck, Tara instead grabs the dagger from her hip and move behind the teifling. "Nice hit, Mr. Arcanos!" She speaks up cheerfully, attempting to hide her discomfort with the combat.

Free Action: 5-foot step. Move Action: Draw Dagger. No standard.
FYI, bless only adds to attack rolls. It does not add to damage rolls.

201 to 250 of 4,072 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.